PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Fisher at #1? Chiefs hold private workout with Eric Fisher

Carlota69
03-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Hope its not a repost. Didnt see it.

Eric FisherChiefs schedule private workout with Eric Fisher
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 11, 2013, 10:23 AM EDT

APAlthough Texas A&M offensive tackle Luke Joeckel appears to be the current favorite to land in Kansas City as the first overall pick in next monthís NFL draft, Central Michigan offensive tackle Eric Fisher is getting increasing attention.

The Chiefs have a scout at Central Michiganís Pro Day today, and Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press reports that the Chiefs also have a private workout with Fisher scheduled for this month.

Both Joeckel and Fisher were starters at left tackle in college, but the Chiefs may spend the first overall pick on a player who will be penciled in as the starter at right tackle during his rookie year. The Chiefs used the franchise tag on their starter at left tackle, Branden Albert, and released their starter at right tackle, Eric Winston.

One way or another, offensive tackle appears to be the direction the Chiefs are heading in with the No. 1 pick.

jd1020
03-11-2013, 09:10 AM
I hope it's neither. At least at #1.

Chief Roundup
03-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Man I will be glad when April comes and goes.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Does he throw a good deep ball?

BossChief
03-11-2013, 09:13 AM
Okung, Bulaga and Reiff are still disappointed.

Brainiac
03-11-2013, 09:14 AM
I'd rather see Eric Fisher just because I'm sick of everybody saying Joeckel, Joeckel, Joeckel.

Pestilence
03-11-2013, 09:14 AM
One way or another, offensive tackle appears to be the direction the Chiefs are heading in with the No. 1 pick.

Pure fucking speculation.

No one except Dorsey, Reid and Hunt have ANY clue on what we're doing with that #1 pick.

Saccopoo
03-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Okung, Bulaga and Reiff are still disappointed.

The way Okung is playing, Chiefs fans should be disappointed that it's going to be Fisher or Joeckel as the LT they take early versus Russell.

Discuss Thrower
03-11-2013, 09:18 AM
Trezelle Jenkins 2: Electric.....

jd1020
03-11-2013, 09:18 AM
We are looking at them for #4 after we swap firsts with the Eagles for Foles and their #2.

Canofbier
03-11-2013, 09:20 AM
I said this in the Dorsey thread where it was also mentioned, but the Chiefs hold the first overall pick and would be completely dumb not to take a serious look at every top prospect in the draft.

Fish
03-11-2013, 09:22 AM
I'll be pretty disappointed if they use the first overall pick on a right tackle.

RunKC
03-11-2013, 09:23 AM
At this point I'd much rather have a top of the line OT than another DL that doesn't rush the passer very well.

Chief Roundup
03-11-2013, 09:25 AM
I'll be pretty disappointed if they use the first overall pick on a right tackle.

Well it would only be for a year or we trade Albert on draft day.

Pestilence
03-11-2013, 09:26 AM

Both are stupid and a waste of a 1st round pick.

Hog Farmer
03-11-2013, 09:30 AM

He's a left Tackle that will hold the Right tackle position until next year when Albert is let go. Then we can sign a true right tackle next year since we'll be picking in the 5-10 range.

WayneBowe
03-11-2013, 09:30 AM
I will kill myself, and then everyone else if this happens.

Chief Roundup
03-11-2013, 09:33 AM

Won't argue that. But it is the only way I see us taking an OL with the 1st overall. Now if we trade down to the middle of the 1st round then I wouldn't be as suprised.

CoMoChief
03-11-2013, 09:34 AM

it wouldn't be a waste if we're unable to sign Albert to long-term deal, or if Albert somehow injures his back is unable to return to his orig form.

funny how some people seem to forget the troubles we had once Roaf left because we didn't draft/find his replacement while he was still here.

If Joeckel or Fisher need to play RT for a season, so be it. If it helps the team in the long run then fine. This is a terrible draft year for the most part.

Rausch
03-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Trezelle Jenkins 2: Electric.....

LMAO

Pestilence
03-11-2013, 09:35 AM
it wouldn't be a waste if we're unable to sign Albert to long-term deal, or if Albert somehow injures his back is unable to return to his orig form.

funny how some people seem to forget the troubles we had once Roaf left because we didn't draft/find his replacement while he was still here.

If Joeckel or Fisher need to play RT for a season, so be it. If it helps the team in the long run then fine. This is a terrible draft year for the most part.

http://www.ngngsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/melkiper.jpg

WayneBowe
03-11-2013, 09:38 AM

:banghead:

Fish
03-11-2013, 09:38 AM

He's a left Tackle that will hold the Right tackle position until next year when Albert is let go. Then we can sign a true right tackle next year since we'll be picking in the 5-10 range.

Well even if that's the case, which I don't believe, then it's still a waste of resources. We still have Donald Stephenson on the roster, who was picked #74 overall. And you don't pick a tackle first overall, with the intention of plugging him in wherever on the line for a year, and moving him around next year.

I understand that this fanbase has an obsession with drafting tackles. But this is just ridiculous....

Lzen
03-11-2013, 09:40 AM
I will kill myself, and then everyone else if this happens.

Wait.....how are you going to kill everyone else if you are already dead from killing yourself? :spock:

KILLER_CLOWN
03-11-2013, 09:40 AM

Albert had BACK SPAMS, not a career ending injury...pay the man and avoid the dumbass pitfall of not taking a skill position player at #1....QB to be more specific.

Saccopoo
03-11-2013, 09:43 AM
Wait.....how are you going to kill everyone else if you are already dead from killing yourself? :spock:

Zombie.

Rausch
03-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Zombie.

Nice recovery...

Tuckdaddy
03-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Does he throw a good deep ball?

And who on our roster would catch it? We have zero in that department

Rausch
03-11-2013, 09:50 AM
I can't imagine KC drafting a non-Impact position...

Direckshun
03-11-2013, 09:50 AM
I'd probably take Fisher over Joeckel if it wasn't the #1 overall pick. Joeckel is virtually bust-proof. Fisher's got a better ceiling but a lower floor.

That said, I'd rather us just give RT to Donald Stephenson and draft Geno or a DL stud.

Pestilence
03-11-2013, 09:51 AM
I'd probably take Fisher over Joeckel if it wasn't the #1 overall pick. Joeckel is virtually bust-proof. Fisher's got a better ceiling but a lower floor.

That said, I'd rather us just give RT to Donald Stephenson and draft Geno or a DL stud.

Bullshit.

WayneBowe
03-11-2013, 09:53 AM

Joeckel belongs on a team with a mobile QB. Fish is a power dude.

jd1020
03-11-2013, 09:53 AM

Alex Smith isn't Tom Brady.

Pestilence
03-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Joeckel has problems with the bull rush and he looked better than he is because Manziel could escape and run with it. DEs have a hard time zeroing in on the QB and strictly rushing the passer when they have to worry about containment.

If we absolutely HAD to draft a RT at 1.1......I'd rather have Fisher or Johnson.

Direckshun
03-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Bullshit.

Define bust.

Joeckel is virtually guaranteed to be an above average tackle in the NFL -- which I'd say is enough to avoid being a bust.

Between the two of them, Fisher has the better chance of going All Pro. But he's also has a better chance of being a backup in five years.

WayneBowe
Alex Smith isn't Tom Brady.

Bullshit, Alex Smith is better than Tom Brady.
/Tru Fan

KILLER_CLOWN
And who on our roster would catch it? We have zero in that department

Bring in Former Raider receiver for a look?

Direckshun
03-11-2013, 09:56 AM

Neither one of them are power dudes, really.

jd1020
03-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Bullshit, Alex Smith is better than Tom Brady.
/Tru Fan

I think you missed my point.

WayneBowe
03-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Neither one of them are power dudes, really.

Fish is a lot stronger than Joeckel.

WayneBowe
03-11-2013, 09:58 AM
This is gross that we are even talking about this. Can we get a video of Geno or something, please.

Direckshun
03-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Fish is a lot stronger than Joeckel.

They both benched the same at the Combine.

Saccopoo
03-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Define bust.

Joeckel is virtually guaranteed to be an above average tackle in the NFL -- which I'd say is enough to avoid being a bust.

Between the two of them, Fisher has the better chance of going All Pro. But he's also has a better chance of being a backup in five years.

No he's not. He's a spread system OT that had Fran Tarkenton Jr. as his QB. His learning curve is going to be significant and it remains to be seen if he actually has the strength to hold up DE's at the next level. And as far as the tools/body/strength, he's not even close to guys like Russell Okung or Joe Thomas. (And I think that his teammate Matthews was the better player on the same team.)

The guy he's closest to is the Colt's Anthony Costanzo, and I don't think he's that good. Plus Costanzo played a pro style set at BC and his learning curve was shorter.

Fisher is from Central Michigan. Central Michigan. Central Michigan.

Both of these guys scream mediocrity at best.

I'd rather see the Chiefs take Barrett Jones at 1.1 than either of these two dude. Easily.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-11-2013, 10:04 AM
This is gross that we are even talking about this. Can we get a video of Geno or something, please.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2w3VlcvwVyg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheGuardian
03-11-2013, 10:05 AM
I couldn't even read all the responses in this thread. A tackle at #1 would make me quit the Chiefs.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Albert missed one game before the Belcher murder/suicide. Tried coming back and couldn't. Stress and back problems is not a good combo. I'm less concerned with it re-accuring.

suds79
03-11-2013, 10:08 AM
I hate the thought at LT at #1 but if you force me to do it (again against my will), I'd rather take Fisher over Joeckel any day of the week based on the limited time I've seen of him.

Looked awesome during Senior Bowl week, is bigger than Joeckel and from what I've seen is generally more athletic.

B14ckmon
03-11-2013, 10:13 AM
I said this in the Dorsey thread where it was also mentioned, but the Chiefs hold the first overall pick and would be completely dumb not to take a serious look at every top prospect in the draft.

What if they don't invite Geno?

Direckshun
03-11-2013, 10:14 AM
No he's not. He's a spread system OT that had Fran Tarkenton Jr. as his QB. His learning curve is going to be significant and it remains to be seen if he actually has the strength to hold up DE's at the next level. And as far as the tools/body/strength, he's not even close to guys like Russell Okung or Joe Thomas. (And I think that his teammate Matthews was the better player on the same team.)

The guy he's closest to is the Colt's Anthony Costanzo, and I don't think he's that good. Plus Costanzo played a pro style set at BC and his learning curve was shorter.

You need to think like an OL coach in the NFL.

His strength isn't an issue if you think you can body him up in a year. There's zero doubt that you could. You're forgetting he started getting attention when he was flawlessly blocking for Tannehill in a pro system. Concerns that he's only blocked for Manziel are wrong and overblown.

Joeckel lacks Okung's or Trent Williams' athleticism, no denying. And he's not a road grader like Joe Thomas or even Branden Albert. But he's got every bit of technique and physical ability he needs to at least succeed in the NFL as a left tackle.

Fisher is from Central Michigan. Central Michigan. Central Michigan.

This is just bias against a small program.

Joe Staley, the stud LT for the Super Bowl 49ers, came from Central Michigan.

Staley's about what I'd project for Fisher.

RunKC
03-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Looks like OT is the pick. They want to protect their investment at QB I guess.

Who else are they gonna pick? A DL who can't rush the passer very well (again), a QB that's clearly not worth the pick or an average CB prospect?

Iowanian
03-11-2013, 10:17 AM
They've got the time, they'd better be thorough.

Taking a hard look at as many of these guys as possible is just good business. They need to prepare for the#1 pick, but they also need to prepare for any trade down options too.

Maybe these guys aren't options at number 1, but maybe they trade down to 8-10 and they are what is sitting there.

Direckshun
03-11-2013, 10:21 AM
I hate the thought at LT at #1 but if you force me to do it (again against my will), I'd rather take Fisher over Joeckel any day of the week based on the limited time I've seen of him.

Looked awesome during Senior Bowl week, is bigger than Joeckel and from what I've seen is generally more athletic.

It's not an illusion. Fisher is legitimately more athletic.

suds79
03-11-2013, 10:22 AM
It's not an illusion. Fisher is legitimately more athletic.

And that's why it would be case closed for me on my LT. I want the most athletic guy possible defending against all those top pass rushers.

Direckshun
03-11-2013, 10:23 AM

Who else are they gonna pick? A DL who can't rush the passer very well (again), a QB that's clearly not worth the pick or an average CB prospect?

I would argue that Geno Smith is worth the pick.

Saccopoo
03-11-2013, 10:23 AM

Milliner is not an average CB prospect.

His footwork and hips are superb, he absolutely attacks the ball in air and is big enough and physical enough to press at the next level. The guy ran a 4.31.

As a CB prospect, he's a stud.

htismaqe
03-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Milliner is not an average CB prospect.

His footwork and hips are superb, he absolutely attacks the ball in air and is big enough and physical enough to press at the next level. The guy ran a 4.31.

As a CB prospect, he's a stud.

He's not one of the best 2 or 3 to come out in the last few years though. He's not a can't miss project. His hips aren't "superb" at all.

KevB
03-11-2013, 10:26 AM
They've got the time, they'd better be thorough.

Taking a hard look at as many of these guys as possible is just good business. They need to prepare for the#1 pick, but they also need to prepare for any trade down options too.

Maybe these guys aren't options at number 1, but maybe they trade down to 8-10 and they are what is sitting there.

Exactly. They're fools if they don't take a very hard look at their top 15 or so prospects.

Pestilence
03-11-2013, 10:27 AM
How does starting a rookie at RT scream "protecting your QB"

B14ckmon
03-11-2013, 10:29 AM
How does starting a rookie at RT scream "protecting your QB"

What? LT is the position where you are taking a risk with a rookie. A rookie stud LT should be able to hold his own at RT.

Big Smoke
Do not want OT with first overall pick.

saphojunkie
Milliner or Geno at 1. They represent the two spots that I just don't think you can replicate in free agency. You want to get your QB and CBs as early as possible. I don't give a shit about making sure my right tackle is 21 years old, but CB has a shelf life of being a high-end speed guy. No way I want to bank on a 28 or 29 year old vet.

And saying I want Geno at this point is just repetitive. We all know the story on Geno. It won't happen unless it does, and we will all shit ourselves in glee.

RunKC
03-11-2013, 10:30 AM
He's not one of the best 2 or 3 to come out in the last few years though. He's not a can't miss project. His hips aren't "superb" at all.

I agree. Was just about to post that.

I'd take Morris Claiborne, Patrick Peterson or Joe Haden over him in a heartbeat.

I think with this deep CB class, these guys can get a solid CB later like they did with Brandon Boykin and Casey Hayward last year.

SNR
03-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Trade Albert, sign Loadholt, draft Lane Johnson.

ALL-BOOMER SOONER BOOKEND TACKLES!

Saccopoo
03-11-2013, 10:49 AM
I agree. Was just about to post that.

I'd take Morris Claiborne, Patrick Peterson or Joe Haden over him in a heartbeat.

I think with this deep CB class, these guys can get a solid CB later like they did with Brandon Boykin and Casey Hayward last year.

Kinda like getting a pretty good OT prospect later in the draft, eh?

IMO, there are two guys in this draft for the Chiefs - Geno or Milliner.

I'll agree that Milliner isn't Pat Peterson. And he's a bit of a different player than Haden, who we basically have in Flowers. (And I think he's in the same class as Haden and Claiborne anyway. The problem with Alabama guys is that there's a ton of talent on that team and guys don't jump out at you like they do on other teams.) But he's without question the best CB in this draft, which is a pretty solid CB class. The Chiefs have a hole at one of their CB spots. (Assuming that Robinson was brought in as a FS/CB versus the answer at CB.)

I'll argue that Milliner or Geno is a lot closer to the elite level prospect for their position than either Fisher or Joeckel is at theirs.

suds79
03-11-2013, 10:51 AM

Then all they'd have to do is draft Landry Jones right? :p

SNR
03-11-2013, 10:54 AM
It's funny that most/all of our problems with the offensive line exist in the interior, where we still don't know the health status of Rod Hudson or what Reid/Dorsey think of Jeff Allen, who struggled in a big way last year after Lilja got moved to center.

With the extension we're supposedly working out with Albert, LT is all wrapped up. And I would imagine we're looking at free agent options for RT as well as considering Stephenson.

Meanwhile, the MAJOR question marks remain at LG and C. Nobody's talking about those. All draft tards on ESPN can say is, "Chiefs need Oline help, draft a tackle." Tackle isn't the problem you wastes of fucking oxygen.

Crush
03-11-2013, 10:55 AM

http://i48.tinypic.com/11v7gpl.jpg

SNR
03-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Jason Smith was pretty damn good coming out of college, and he came from a similar offensive system that Joeckel comes from.

Ace Gunner
03-11-2013, 11:01 AM
It's funny that most/all of our problems with the offensive line exist in the interior, where we still don't know the health status of Rod Hudson or what Reid/Dorsey think of Jeff Allen, who struggled in a big way last year after Lilja got moved to center.

With the extension we're supposedly working out with Albert, LT is all wrapped up. And I would imagine we're looking at free agent options for RT as well as considering Stephenson.

Meanwhile, the MAJOR question marks remain at LG and C. Nobody's talking about those. All draft tards on ESPN can say is, "Chiefs need Oline help, draft a tackle." Tackle isn't the problem you wastes of ****ing oxygen.

it makes me wonder about OG Warmack. again, I will preface I want Geno Smith here, but Warmack is the surest thing in this draft and he is actually very good. JFC I cannot believe I just wrote that patheticness. God I hate this draft.

Pestilence
it makes me wonder about OG Womack. again, I will preface I want Geno Smith here, but Womack is the surest thing in this draft and he is actually very good. JFC I cannot believe I just wrote that patheticness. God I hate this draft.

Ughhh.....Womack looked like hell at the combine.

B14ckmon
Mandarich's problem wasn't his football play. He was just fucking insane. I don't see Jockel going down that path.

RunKC

Meanwhile, the MAJOR question marks remain at LG and C. Nobody's talking about those. All draft tards on ESPN can say is, "Chiefs need Oline help, draft a tackle." Tackle isn't the problem you wastes of ****ing oxygen.

I would hope Jeff Allen and Rodney Hudson work out. They were both 2nd round picks for crying out loud.

Direckshun
03-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Jason Smith was pretty damn good coming out of college, and he came from a similar offensive system that Joeckel comes from.

Please.

If there is a Jason Smith in this draft, it's Lane Johnson.

Ace Gunner
03-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Ughhh.....Womack looked like hell at the combine.

well then we can expect he's a combine bust. but when he plays football he is a technician with tons of talent.

SNR
03-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Please.

If there is a Jason Smith in this draft, it's Lane Johnson.

Joeckel's just as doughy as Jason Smith was.

Lane Johnson is at least athletic.

DaKCMan AP
03-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Donald Stephenson @Don59Wayne
I'm going nuts this season.. Watch..

Pestilence
03-11-2013, 11:18 AM

Add Donald Thomas, Andy Levitre or Louis Vasquez in FA.
Move Stephenson to RT.
???
Profit

Chiefs=Good
03-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Add Donald Thomas, Andy Levitre or Louis Vasquez in FA.
Move Stephenson to RT.
???
Profit

:grovel:

patteeu
03-11-2013, 11:32 AM

And then target Landry Jones with their 3rd or trade back into the 2nd to make sure you get him!

Chiefnj2
03-11-2013, 11:53 AM
KC needs to target someone like Schwenke in the 3/4 in case Hudson isn't back.

Internet Tough Guy
03-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Should draft.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-11-2013, 11:58 AM
RT at 1-1 is Scooter level of fail.

KC Tattoo
03-11-2013, 12:01 PM
As much as I hate the idea of drafting a LT that is going play RT with our first pick I'd rather it be Fisher than Joekel.

It's stupid to draft RT @ 1.1 but if we must we must let it be Eric Fisher.

Only the Chiefs would draft a LT to play RT in the NFL with the 1.1 pick. Go figure.

Internet Tough Guy
03-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Geno smith or bust right?

BigCatDaddy
03-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Geno smith or bust right?

QB or bust, yes.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-11-2013, 12:05 PM
5th overall pick on a 3-4 end
3rd overall pick on a 3-4 end
5th overall pick on a Safety
1st overall pick on a RT

That's not how you win a Super Bowl Folks

Internet Tough Guy
03-11-2013, 12:07 PM
5th overall pick on a 3-4 end
3rd overall pick on a 3-4 end
5th overall pick on a Safety
1st overall pick on a RT

That's not how you win a Super Bowl Folks

+1

ChiefMojo
03-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Add Lane Johnson to the list of LT's being worked out privately by KC.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/3/11/4090374/2013-nfl-draft-lane-johnson-kansas-city-chiefs

TEX
03-11-2013, 01:08 PM
As much as I hate the idea of drafting a LT that is going play RT with our first pick I'd rather it be Fisher than Joekel.

It's stupid to draft RT @ 1.1 but if we must we must let it be Eric Fisher.

Only the Chiefs would draft a LT to play RT in the NFL with the 1.1 pick. Go figure.

Why? Joeckel is better.

BigChiefFan
03-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Still in the Geno camp. A QB has been selected number one overall for decades now. I don't see us being that idiotic.

keg in kc
03-11-2013, 01:21 PM
I don't see us being that idiotic.That makes one of us.

KC Tattoo
03-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Why? Joeckel is better.

Eh, I hate Joeckel nothing short of winning the Super Bowl is going make me like him. Also I think he is over rated as a prospect in this draft.

BigChiefFan
03-11-2013, 01:29 PM
That makes one of us.

I believe you have to go back at least 20 years since a QB hasn't been selected number one overall. Do you really believe a supposed QB guru is going to pass on conventional wisdom?

Chief Roundup
03-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Still in the Geno camp. A QB has been selected number one overall for decades now. I don't see us being that idiotic.

08-Jake Long
06-Mario Williams

Chief Roundup
03-11-2013, 01:34 PM
I believe you have to go back at least 20 years since a QB hasn't been selected number one overall. Do you really believe a supposed QB guru is going to pass on conventional wisdom?

2000- Courtney Brown
1997-Orlando Pace
1996-Keyshawn Johnson
1995-KiJana Carter
1994-Dan Wilkinson

That is a little more than 1/3rd of the picks that have not been QBs in the last 20 years.

BigChiefFan
03-11-2013, 01:36 PM
08-Jake Long
06-Mario Williams

My bad. I stand corrected. I was watching NFL Network and they mentioned it on a program. That's what I get for not fact finding before posting. Conventional wisdom still says QB in my book.

HemiEd
03-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Hopefully this is just a smoke screen.

Oh wait, there isn't really a need for a smoke screen, well crap.

Direckshun
03-11-2013, 02:00 PM
C'mon, Branden.

Just get a deal done.

Pestilence
03-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Hopefully this is just a smoke screen.

Oh wait, there isn't really a need for a smoke screen, well crap.

It's a smokescreen if they want to try and get the best trade down offer. They field offers and then choose whether the best offer outweighs the value of taking the player they want.

BossChief
03-11-2013, 02:39 PM
It's a smokescreen if they want to try and get the best trade down offer. They field offers and then choose whether the best offer outweighs the value of taking the player they want.

Andy Reid said in an interview that in 1999 Mike Ditka called his Eagles trying to give up their whole draft to move up for Ricky Williams and he turned them down and took McNabb.

He even took him with intentions of sitting him for a year.

Maybe they traded for Alex Smith for he short term.

I know...probably not.

KC Tattoo
03-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Andy Reid said in an interview that in 1999 Mike Ditka called his Eagles trying to give up their whole draft to move up for Ricky Williams and he turned them down and took McNabb.

COuld they hold that same intentions to draft Geno Smith?????!???!

I just want to get my hopes back up to be let down again.

Pestilence
03-11-2013, 02:42 PM

Maybe they traded for Alex Smith for he short term.

I know...probably not.

I'm holding out hope....just like you.

hometeam
03-11-2013, 02:45 PM
If we draft tackle at #1. (I strongly advocate against this) I would rather have Fisher than Jokel. Fisher has a nasty streak to him and that is a largely undervalued trait in an O lineman.

BossChief
03-11-2013, 02:46 PM
I think there is a chance they traded for Alex Smith so the true fans get excited and the team can go into win now mode...but will also draft Geno Smith for the long term outlook of the team.

I'm delusional, but I think it's definitely possible.

Chiefnj2
03-11-2013, 03:08 PM
They aren't using the #1 and #34 picks on QBs and create a huge ass QB controversy on day 1.

Bewbies
03-11-2013, 03:16 PM
They aren't using the #1 and #34 picks on QBs and create a huge ass QB controversy on day 1.

It wouldn't be a controversy until Alex Smith started playing like Alex Smith. :evil:

CupidStunt
03-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Any word on how the pro day actually went?

I hate OT at 1, but I'm leaning towards Fisher as well.

BigCatDaddy
03-11-2013, 03:20 PM

Most likely there will end up being a controversy before the end of the season regardless of who the #2 is.

Pestilence
03-11-2013, 03:25 PM

I guarantee you that if we drafted Geno at 1.1.....that Andy Reid would instantly come out after the draft and state that Alex Smith was his starter for the year.

We wouldn't see Geno unless Alex got injured or we were on a road to 0-16.

BigCatDaddy
03-11-2013, 03:27 PM
I guarantee you that if we drafted Geno at 1.1.....that Andy Reid would instantly come out after the draft and state that Andy Reid was his starter for the year.

I don't know. Andy is a little on the heavy side these days and I'm not sure if he can even bend down far enough to take a snap.

Pestilence
03-11-2013, 03:27 PM
I don't know. Andy is a little on the heavy side these days and I'm not sure if he can even bend down far enough to take a snap.

ROFL

Fixed.

Chiefnj2
03-11-2013, 05:01 PM
I guarantee you that if we drafted Geno at 1.1.....that Andy Reid would instantly come out after the draft and state that Alex Smith was his starter for the year.

His announcement doesn't stop 30+% of Arrowhead from cheering for Geno the first three and out, or first INT. it's a distraction.

Sorter
03-11-2013, 05:04 PM
His announcement doesn't stop 30+% of Arrowhead from cheering for Geno the first three and out, or first INT. it's a distraction.

Unless they're just horrific decisions or plays, I don't think 30% is going to be cheering for Smith to be benched on his first pick or 3&o.

If they are truly horrific, baffling decisions, then he should be benched and I hope the cheering escalates.

Pestilence
03-11-2013, 05:05 PM

Who gives a fuck. So we shouldn't have a young capable backup QB behind Smith?

If that's the case....then we shouldn't draft one at all this year because I guarantee that a 3rd round QB would be cheered for when/if Alex Smith sucks.

Tribal Warfare
04-11-2013, 11:51 PM
Eric Fisher Interview (http://podcast.610sports.com/kcsp2/3943886.mp3)

Fat Elvis
04-12-2013, 07:48 AM

What? Is he going to run out on the field with a chainsaw or something?