PDA

View Full Version : NOT my words, but I totally agree.

Duck Dog
08-22-2000, 05:12 AM
If you missed KK's interview with Lynn Dickey you missed some good radio. Here is a sampling;

"Absolutely pathetic. (Elvis') explanation of (why he spiked the ball on third down against the Jags) was the biggest crock I've ever heard in my life. You know what really bothered me? When I saw the interview on TV, (Elvis) was laughing about it."
Lynn Dickey, former K-State and Packer QB, 810 AM

------------------
"Those who would give up a little freedom for a little security deserve neither."

TheBigChief
08-22-2000, 05:32 AM
I don't know how high we can hold a guy's opinion who's named Dickey.

25or6to4
08-22-2000, 09:06 AM
sure i think it was a stupid mistake and his explanation is just about as stupid, but at least its only preseason. i think of it as a positive. i mean now he will think about what down it is and maybe (fingers crossed) he won't do something like this again

------------------
~Thats why they call me slim shady~

Smltheppl
08-22-2000, 09:09 AM
He would have never done that in a regular season game, I just hope he quits looking at TG only. The spike is totally immaterial to me.

25or6to4
08-22-2000, 09:13 AM
i think as he gets some time with the other recievers he will look off TG. thats why i didn't like rison being cut. on the first drive of the first game grbac passed about 4 times to rison and looked really comnfortable with him. now i think the onloy one he is comfortable with is TG. so maybe with time...

------------------
~Thats why they call me slim shady~

mikey23545
08-22-2000, 09:20 AM
Remember last year? I don't recall the opponent, but I do remember KC losing the game:

Elvis flees the pocket using his patented spin move to the right, runs toward the sideline, then proceeds to throw the ball away...after taking a step out of bounds!

Then there was the final play of another game from about the 15...Elvis dumps it over the middle for a 5 yards gain...time expires, Chiefs lose.

There is a pattern here. You can expect a minimum of 2-3 game-breaking brain farts from Elvis per year.

KCWolfman
08-22-2000, 09:57 AM
Clint,

I see that changing BBs hasn't improved your outlook any.

If it were up to you and Kurt, KC would never develop a QB because you guys wouldn't let them make the mistakes.

Everyone said that he needed to step up last year ~ he did that, big time.

I agree that he needs to continue his progress and step up some more this season, but griping about something he does in preseason, or mistakes he made last year is hardly helpfull.

Luz
why don't you guys try wishing him the best?...

kcmax
08-22-2000, 10:01 AM
I'm reserving comment about Elvis until I see him opening day. The QB has a hard enough time directing the offense, let alone trying to handle new players every set of downs. QB'ing in the preseason means naught.

TheFly
08-22-2000, 10:01 AM
Clint: I believe you are referring to the SD game. EG's worst game by far last year and arguably the teams worst last year. 13 holding penalties and 4 INT's.

Kurt Surber
08-22-2000, 10:06 AM
Titus: I remember the SD game well. It's the only game tape that I have not looked at from last year!

wutamess
08-22-2000, 10:17 AM
okay so the Grbashing begins...I agree it was a stupid mistake and a stupid reply...but now we are really ****ed...Moon doesn't look that good and Collins, well, can't say much about Collins...so it's EG and we better hope he don't get hurt because he's our best chance at any post-season stuff.

------------------
joe
"I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather...Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car." (j. handy)