PDA

View Full Version : Football Could this end up being a more disappointing offseason than 2009?

Pages : [1] 2

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 03:48 PM
I'm thinking purely personnel moves. The coaching staff has a better pedigree, even if Reid is basically the last guy I wanted here. But player-wise? What are we looking at here?

Now this is not really a "draft Geno/Barkely/whoever" thing, it's more of a "how ****ed are we as fans of this franchise?" commentary. About the circumstances we, as fans, find ourselves in. I mean, think about it: we get the number one pick and for whatever reason, whether it's the prospects at the position or the front office philosophy, we aren't taking a QB. We get a complete turnover of the front office and coaching staff that basically everyone wanted, and Matt Cassel will be shown the door, to everyone's joy....yet our new quarterback is Alex frikkin Smith. With Chase Daniel serving as his boy wonder.

Does it get worse than this? Seriously. You couldn't script this stuff. This is like the Bad News Bears and the Indians from Major League had a baby who decided to play football. "Change" comes every 5 years or so, but nothing ever seems to get any better.

The football gods continue laughing.

CoMoChief
03-12-2013, 03:49 PM
waaaaaaaaa

Mr_Tomahawk
03-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Yes.

farmerchief
03-12-2013, 03:51 PM
No

burt
THE SKY IS FALLING......too late....it fell last year!

WhitiE
Maybe?

TomBarndtsTwin
Amen.

Tired of ending up with everyone else's cast-off as our next "franchise" quarterback.

Pestilence
03-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Reid saw how everyone did it in the past and figured he'd do it differently. So he traded for a backup and then signed a backup.

Strongside
I'm feeling pretty good about this offseason. Fuck you guys.

Rausch
As someone posted earlier: we wen't from having the worst QB's in the AFCW to having the worst QB's in the AFCW.

And that's AFTER spending about $11 mil and a 2nd round draft pick...

RunKC
I'm thinking purely personnel moves. The coaching staff has a better pedigree, even if Reid is basically the last guy I wanted here. But player-wise? What are we looking at here?

Now this is not really a "draft Geno/Barkely/whoever" thing, it's more of a "how ****ed are we as fans of this franchise?" commentary. About the circumstances we, as fans, find ourselves in. I mean, think about it: we get the number one pick and for whatever reason, whether it's the prospects at the position or the front office philosophy, we aren't taking a QB. We get a complete turnover of the front office and coaching staff that basically everyone wanted, and Matt Cassel will be shown the door, to everyone's joy....yet our new quarterback is Alex frikkin Smith. With Chase Daniel serving as his boy wonder.

Does it get worse than this? Seriously. You couldn't script this stuff. This is like the Bad News Bears and the Indians from Major League had a baby who decided to play football. "Change" comes every 5 years or so, but nothing ever seems to get any better.

The football gods continue laughing.

Just like 2009, this draft fucking sucks. Biggest difference is there is no Matt Stafford in this draft.

notorious
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6didmljcK1qa3q45o1_500.gif

nychief
03-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Fucking retarded

Ben N 58men
03-12-2013, 03:53 PM
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but Chase Daniel doesn't seem like our "Lenny Dawson"

patteeu
03-12-2013, 03:54 PM
I don't see how it can, with the 1.1 and the first(ish) pick in every round except the 2nd still inbound. Even the people disappointed in the apparent QB direction should appreciate the re-signings and the attempts to shore up weak areas with solid but not spectacular FAs (given that the spectacular ones almost never live up to the hype). Get your "bright side" hat on and fill yourself with positive self-talk.

jd1020
03-12-2013, 03:54 PM
I'm going to say yes.

There was 1 QB in the 2009 draft and he went #1.

This year the Chiefs have #1. They needed to make a move at QB and they choose to go from Cassel and Quinn to Alex Smith and Chase Daniel. Now we are looking at trading down and picking a RT/future LT and trading Albert in a year.

What a fucking disaster. The Chiefs are doomed to forever be morons.

WV
03-12-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm going to say yes.

There was 1 QB in the 2009 draft and he went #1.

This year the Chiefs have #1. They needed to make a move at QB and they choose to go from Cassel and Quinn to Alex Smith and Chase Daniel. Now we are looking at trading down and picking a RT/future LT and trading Albert in a year.

What a fucking disaster.

Prett accurate and pretty depressing.

keg in kc
Just like 2009, this draft ****ing sucks. Biggest difference is there is no Matt Stafford in this draft.That's exactly what I'm talking about in terms of circumstance. The irony being that our two highest picks in franchise history have come in those two particular drafts.

DJ's left nut
Nope.

wazu
03-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Yes.

Detoxing
This is the first off season since the start of the vermiel era that i can honestly say that i've stopped giving a shit. Matter of fact, i had completely forgotten that free agency had started until i logged in. In seasons past, i'd be refreshing CP as if it were christmas morning.

The Alex Smith trade killed this offseason for me. And Now Chase Daniel? Yeah....if the Chiefs start winning I'll start caring, until then, same shit different day.

Count Zarth
If the passing game looks like shit in September, yeah, worst offseason ever.

notorious
03-12-2013, 03:57 PM
This is the first off season since the start of the vermiel era that i can honestly say that i've stopped giving s shit. Matter of fact, i had completely forgotten that free agency had started until i logged in. In seasons past, i'd be refreshing CP as if it were christmas morning.

The Alex Smith trade killed this offseason for me. And Now Chase Daniel? Yeah....if the Chiefs start winning I'll start caring, until then, same shit different day.

Last offseason did it for me. When we kept Cassel, my "Give a fuck" meter went into the negative.

HemiEd
03-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Reid saw how everyone did it in the past and figured he'd do it differently. So he traded for a backup and then signed a backup.

But the Hunt's don't dictate these moves, it is just coincidence that the very same fucking thing has been repeated for 30 years now, under 3 GMS and 7 HCs.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 03:59 PM
I don't see how it can, with the 1.1 and the first(ish) pick in every round except the 2nd still inbound. Even the people disappointed in the apparent QB direction should appreciate the re-signings and the attempts to shore up weak areas with solid but not spectacular FAs (given that the spectacular ones almost never live up to the hype). Get your "bright side" hat on and fill yourself with positive self-talk.The other way of looking at it is that they're basically making the same kind of moves in 2013 that they made in 2009. Which would make this year seem more disappointing to me, because they can look back at 2009 and see just how well that approach worked.

That's actually the point I intended to make. I guess I didn't do a very good job of it.

Pestilence
03-12-2013, 04:00 PM
This organization just doubled down on the True Fans. Trade for Alex Smith and signed the local boy.

Dayze
03-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Yes.

Detoxing
03-12-2013, 04:02 PM
This organization just doubled down on the True Fans. Trade for Alex Smith and signed the local boy.

Tickets will be sold. Unicorns will shit Rainbows all over Arrowhead on Sunday.

Buehler445
I didn't think it could get worse than Herm. Then it did.

Mr_Tomahawk

This.

Trues fans just remember Smith getting to the NFC Championship game, and you nailed it by bringing in the local kid.

They are just trying to sell season tickets again.

Fuck this franchise.

notorious
03-12-2013, 04:03 PM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/misc/bbs04e073.gif

theelusiveeightrop
Yes. Check back in 2-3 years.

WV

Goodie...how difficult will they be to deal with now. The two QB's we got along with Fasano....WOW!

Pestilence
03-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Tickets will be sold. Unicorns will shit Rainbows all over Arrowhead on Sunday.

This.

Trues fans just remember Smith getting to the NFC Championship game, and you nailed it by bringing in the local kid.

They are just trying to sell season tickets again.

Fuck this franchise.

The trifecta will be drafting Joeckel at 1.1.

Let the tailgaiting commence!

jd1020
03-12-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm really not sure why Cassel is still on this team.

I guess they are trying to trade him, but its time for them to stop acting like they give a fuck.

SNR
03-12-2013, 04:05 PM
If we manage to swindle a trade down, it's a slight upgrade from 2009.

If we stand pat and play out the broken window fallacy (cutting Winston to draft an OT) then it's just as bad or worse.

Pestilence
03-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Oh....and people can shut the fuck up about drafting a QB next year. Chase is 26 and signed to a 3 year deal. We won't be looking for a QB for AT LEAST 2 years.

jd1020
03-12-2013, 04:06 PM

If we stand pat and play out the broken window fallacy (cutting Winston to draft an OT) then it's just as bad or worse.

Even if we trade down its still going to be worse unless they extend Albert.

Pestilence
03-12-2013, 04:06 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we miss out on Sean Smith or DRC and we end up having to start Robinson at CB next year.

Detoxing
03-12-2013, 04:07 PM
I'm really not sure why Cassel is still on this team.

I guess they are trying to trade him, but its time for them to stop acting like they give a ****.

Introducing your 2013 Chiefs QB's, Alex Smith, Chase Daniel, Matt Cassel.

LMAO LMAO

tk13
It's probably more disappointing for the fans because we've seen this approach before.

But the reality is, and I know this is harsh... Reid and Dorsey aren't going to care about that. And when they're fired, the next guys won't either. That's just not how it works. If that's what you're banking on, you're never going to be happy.

Dayze
where the **** is the Timmy Chang signing?

Buehler445
03-12-2013, 04:08 PM
The other way of looking at it is that they're basically making the same kind of moves in 2013 that they made in 2009. Which would make this year seem more disappointing to me, because they can look back at 2009 and see just how well that approach worked.

That's actually the point I intended to make. I guess I didn't do a very good job of it.

Meh. IDK. If this team hadn't done the same thing for 30 fucking years it may be a different story. An outsider could look at Alex Smith and see Drew Brees. A solid guy that was ousted for a good looking young guy. Pair him up with a good offensive system, championship. So it could happen. But we're all jaded so there is no way to see it that way.

Dayze
03-12-2013, 04:09 PM
as long as there is a fair competition for Cassel to earn his spot back, I'm good with it.

Contingent upon us drafting more weapons for in in rounds 4-6.

jd1020
Meh. IDK. If this team hadn't done the same thing for 30 fucking years it may be a different story. An outsider could look at Alex Smith and see Drew Brees. A solid guy that was ousted for a good looking young guy. Pair him up with a good offensive system, championship. So it could happen. But we're all jaded so there is no way to see it that way.

Drew Brees was ousted due to injury.

Alex Smith was ousted because he's not good enough.

Don't see it...

O.city
Alex Smith could be Drew Brees, or Chase Daniel.

But this is KC. It's where QB's go to die.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 04:10 PM
I'm not sure how anybody could look at Alex Smith and see Drew Brees.

Detoxing
03-12-2013, 04:10 PM

Don't see it...

Yeah, but look at how well he was doing for half a season before he was benched! Come on man, you're not looking at this objectively.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-12-2013, 04:11 PM

This.

What the fuck?

|Zach|

Did you see Drew Brees before he rebecame Drew Brees?

Detoxing

Exactly. Does Alex Smith have a giant mole on his face? No?

Then stop making the comparison.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 04:12 PM

If we stand pat and play out the broken window fallacy (cutting Winston to draft an OT) then it's just as bad or worse.Well, everything at this point in contingent on what they do in the draft.

At least they're leaving themselves some flexibility.

It's just....how do we keep ending up at the same exact spot, no matter who's heading up the front office.

Pestilence
Well....Zach is apparently going to try.

Detoxing

ROFL.

Actually i did. Every Sunday. And even then he was more promising than Alex Smith.

BTW, how long did it take for Brees to become "brees" vs Alex smith to become.....well....shitty ol Alex Smith?

What a stupid argument.

RunKC
Alex Smith could be Drew Brees, or Chase Daniel.

But this is KC. It's where QB's go to die.

Trent Green was fantastic here.

keg in kc
Did you see Drew Brees before he rebecame Drew Brees?Rebecame? That sounds like a lesbian celebrity couple.

TinyEvel
03-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Bobby Sippio.

Detoxing
03-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Rebecame? That sounds like a lesbian celebrity couple.

LMAO

tk13
03-12-2013, 04:15 PM
He's not Drew Brees. But your optimistic take should be: If Andy Reid can coach a completely washed up over the hill Jeff Garcia to within 3 points of the NFC title game, and get a guy who'd basically missed 3 years because he was in prison to the playoffs, there's no reason why he can't get Alex Smith there.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Alex averages 12 games a season. It's going to be hard for him to reach any esculators in his contract or trade agreement. More booger time I guess.

Count Zarth
03-12-2013, 04:17 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we miss out on Sean Smith or DRC.

We're not missing out on anything by not signing shitty corners.

I'd rather draft someone and start him.

Count Zarth
03-12-2013, 04:17 PM

Yes, he was better than Alex Smith.

burt
03-12-2013, 04:18 PM
He's not Drew Brees. But your optimistic take should be: If Andy Reid can coach a completely washed up over the hill Jeff Garcia to within 3 points of the NFC title game, and get a guy who'd basically missed 3 years because he was in prison to the playoffs, there's no reason why he can't get Alex Smith there.

Really? You asshat! CP knows way more about football than Reid and Dorsey.....:rolleyes:

Mr. Laz
03-12-2013, 04:19 PM
we are spending hella more on Smith/Daniels/??? than Cassel/Quinn/Orton/Stanzi

jd1020
03-12-2013, 04:20 PM
we are spending hella more on Smith/Daniels/??? than Cassel/Quinn/Orton/Stanzi

No we aren't. Chiefs no longer benefit from my monies.

Bootlegged
03-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Some of you (thread starter included) are the most depressed, whiniest group of supposed football fans I've ever heard.

What did you expect today, Tom Brady/Peyton Manning and Revis? Good GOD - grow a pair, maybe look at some tape before you whine and complain. Or find a new hobby. Just a miserable group of people.

Detoxing
03-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Really? You asshat! CP knows way more about football than Reid and Dorsey.....:rolleyes:

Oh look this argument again. Fitting. This argument goes hand n' hand with repeatedly trading for other team's back up QB's.

Ebolapox
03-12-2013, 04:22 PM
I'll be fucking honest, I'm about goddamned done with this team. they've broken my spirit at this point. you keep hoping that we've hit rock fucking bottom, then... WE GO FUCKING 50 FEET BELOW THAT

Fruit Ninja
03-12-2013, 04:23 PM

of course we dont, but the Chiefs fan base knows enough to figure out hey, this shit isnt going to work.We have seen this approach over and over and over and over again. Guess what? it didnt work then either. Why will it work now?

The hole is still round and the block is still square.

jd1020
03-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Some of you (thread starter included) are the most depressed, whiniest group of supposed football fans I've ever heard.

What did you expect today, Tom Brady/Peyton Manning and Revis? Good GOD - grow a pair, maybe look at some tape before you whine and complain. Or find a new hobby. Just a miserable group of people.

Nah.

I just expected that a new regime that supposedly "understood" what it takes to win in the NFL not to go full 30 year tradition retarded.

Detoxing
03-12-2013, 04:24 PM

You know what, you're right.

Imma change my tune.

Did you see Alex Smith's first half of last season before he was benched?

AMAZING

Just look at those stats....SB Here we come.

And Chase Daniel? Pfffff......Dude is Brees' protege....We have the best QB Tandem in the league now. I bet those AFCW D's are worried.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 04:25 PM

What did you expect today, Tom Brady/Peyton Manning and Revis? Good GOD - grow a pair, maybe look at some tape before you whine and complain. Or find a new hobby. Just a miserable group of people.So you thought you'd whine about other people being whiny? GENIOUS!!!! LMAO

SNR
03-12-2013, 04:25 PM

In Philip Rivers' rookie season, Brees had a whale of a year. It was brilliant. The only question whatsoever about whether he was a valuable signing for New Orleans was his health.

jd1020
03-12-2013, 04:26 PM
You know what, you're right.

Imma change my tune.

Did you see Alex Smith's first half of last season before he was benched?

AMAZING

Just look at those stats....SB Here we come.

And Chase Daniel? Pfffff......Dude is Brees' protege....We have the best QB Tandem in the league now. I bet those AFCW D's are worried.

Len Dawson.... step aside! You've been replaced!

Buehler445

Don't see it...

I don't either. But if this fan base hadn't been through the last 30 years, we probably wouldn't be ripping the elastic strap out of our underwear to hang ourselves from the shower head.

Manila-Chief
Oh....and people can shut the **** up about drafting a QB next year. Chase is 26 and signed to a 3 year deal. We won't be looking for a QB for AT LEAST 2 years.

This!!!

And by then, we will be winning 8 to 9 games a year and no chance at drafting a real QB ... but, just good enough to be mediocre and not a chance of winning a SB ... and with that many wins it will be more difficult for our @saveourchiefs efforts to be effective again.

I really hope I'm wrong and Alex Smith somehow helps us win a SB (we'll have to have a fantastic defense ... not likely to happen with the present coaching staff) ... I'll gladly eat crow ... I suppose Reid is looking at Daniels as strictly a backup???

All of my pulling for losses this past year has come to futility ... we will have the same team as we would have had with 5 to 7 wins. Guess I have to admit that all you guys saying ... never pull for a loss .... were right.

I ought to cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket and go find a hobby, but then I wouldn't read all the wisdom I find here.

DeezNutz
Well, we'll see if these fuckers pull a rabbit out, but these are some of the most uninspiring moves at the QB position that I could imagine.

The Chiefs will draft someone late, and we'll see all three "QBs" on last year's roster flushed. And I'm not sure how much we'll have gained.

Buehler445
03-12-2013, 04:27 PM
And yeah. If we go joekyl at 1 overall, it has a high probability of being worse.

SNR
03-12-2013, 04:28 PM
I'll be fucking honest, I'm about goddamned done with this team. they've broken my spirit at this point. you keep hoping that we've hit rock fucking bottom, then... WE GO FUCKING 50 FEET BELOW THAT

Wait 5 years for a positive turn. Add shitty backup QB. Watch slow decline into poop. Rinse and repeat.

This time it looks like we jumped the gun on the slow decline. We're adding our shitty backup QB before we can begin our turnaround.

WILDCARD, BITCHES

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-12-2013, 04:28 PM

If you like watching handies go to the Fin Heaven. I'm sure they are flogging each other raw over their next new hand-me-down WR.

Sorter
03-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Well, we'll see if these ****ers pull a rabbit out, but these are some of the most uninspiring moves at the QB position that I could imagine.

The Chiefs will draft someone late, and we'll see all three "QBs" on last year's roster flushed. And I'm not sure how much we'll have gained.

Alex Smith
Chase Daniel
Ricky Stanzi
Landry Jones

Your Chiefs QBs heading into TC.

crossbow
Obama tired to warn everyone about the chaos a Sequester would cause but he was mocked. Now look at the mess we are in. We have yet another ex-Frisco QB and they are going to draft a damn lineman again.

burt
Oh look this argument again. Fitting. This argument goes hand n' hand with repeatedly trading for other team's back up QB's.

I am just not ready to hang myself yet.

DeezNutz
03-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Alex Smith
Chase Daniel
Ricky Stanzi
Landry Jones

Your Chiefs QBs heading into TC.

Very possible.

We absolutely need to trade out of 1/1 with Buffalo, acquiring their first in next year's draft in the process. This might give us the needed ammunition to trade up if...(cuts himself).

Ebolapox
03-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Wait 5 years for a positive turn. Add shitty backup QB. Watch slow decline into poop. Rinse and repeat.

This time it looks like we jumped the gun on the slow decline. We're adding our shitty backup QB before we can begin our turnaround.

WILDCARD, BITCHES

ROFL

only at the wildcard, bitches comment. maybe always sunny can fucking ROAST us.

jd1020
03-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Landry Jones is aiming too high for this team. He'll probably be a day 2 QB. Chiefs only look at day 3 QBs. They'll draft Rodger's little brother because if Aaron is good... Peyton and Eli right?

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Well, we'll see if these ****ers pull a rabbit out, but these are some of the most uninspiring moves at the QB position that I could imagine. That's the hope, that these guys are brilliant enough to somehow catch lightning in a bottle despite a bunch of really uninspiring (good word, that) moves, and not just at QB.

And I think some people need to realize that I used the words "could" and "disappointing" and not "is" and "failure". 'cause I don't have any idea what's going to happen in the fall.

I do however think it's fair to say that the moves so far are disappointing. I mean, come on. Hope and change is Alex Smith and Chase Daniel...

That's at least as disappointing to me as trading for Matt Cassel was. And the free agent signings are just guys. As free agent signings usually are.

We'll see what they do in the draft.

Sorter
03-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Very possible.

We absolutely need to trade out of 1/1 with Buffalo, acquiring their first in next year's draft in the process. This might give us the needed ammunition to trade up if...(cuts himself).

I puked upon re reading what I wrote.

CP is slowly turning me into a bulimic.

Detoxing
03-12-2013, 04:35 PM
I am just not ready to hang myself yet.

You said the same thing after we traded for Matt Cassel, huh?

What did you say after the Chiefs landed Grbac?

DaFace
03-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Ah, good. After a few days of respite, we're back to unbridled doom and gloom.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Ah, good. After a few days of respite, we're back to unbridled doom and gloom.Nah. I've been pretty consistent. I was the one bombing all the "we're still drafting Geno!" threads with "WTF are you smoking".

Demonpenz
03-12-2013, 04:38 PM
The chiefs already had the citizen cane of shitty football last year. If Joekel gets beat by a swim move and ends Alex Smiths life, it will be Godfather 2 of shitty football.

burt
03-12-2013, 04:39 PM
You said the same thing after we traded for Matt Cassel, huh?

What did you say after the Chiefs landed Grbac?

damn you........

DeezNutz
03-12-2013, 04:39 PM
On the bright side, our starting backup is injury prone, so we're almost certain to see what we really have in our backup's backup in regular-season action.

burt
03-12-2013, 04:41 PM
On the bright side, our starting backup is injury prone, so we're almost certain to see what we really have in our backup's backup in regular-season action.

looking for rope...or an extension cord....

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 04:44 PM
looking for rope...or an extension cord....
Make sure it's old rope that's failed before. Gotta keep to the theme.

burt
03-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Make sure it's old rope that's failed before. Gotta keep to the theme.

LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Absolutely. This offseason has cemented more than any other what ownership wants: 8-8.

You can't spin any credible narratives about rebuilding the team in a certain fashion. It's a tremendously profitable asset for Clark Hunt if it's a mediocre team. He doesn't care about winning. He wants your money.

This franchise will never win anything as long as the Hunt family owns it, and the Hunt family will never sell it, because it's their most consistent, bankable asset. If they try to corner the gimp suit market and fail, they'll always have the Chiefs to fall back on.

They hoover up the wealth of the ticketholders and taxpayers of the metro area, give you a shit sandwich, and tell you they served you foie gras.

Fuck 'em.

notorious
03-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Wow, things could get really ugly in 3 years if Reid doesn't work out after trading for a QB again.

The Banner is nothing compared to what might happen.

DeezNutz
03-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Wow, things could get really ugly in 3 years if Reid doesn't work out after trading for a QB again.

And what might that be? The reason that SOC gained momentum was because Scott ***** was a ****ing one who sucks the penis as a human being. It wasn't just that he made poor football decisions.

The chances of Reid and Dorsey reaching this level of disdain are remote, at best.

notorious
03-12-2013, 05:11 PM
And what might that be? The reason that SOC gained momentum was because Scott ***** was a ****ing one who sucks the penis as a human being. It wasn't just that he made poor football decisions.

The chances of Reid and Dorsey reaching this level of disdain are remote, at best.

If they fail by using the same formula that has been rehashed for 30 years, you will see the worst possible reaction:

The fans completely giving up.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-12-2013, 05:12 PM

You're assuming that CP is representative of the fanbase; it's not.

After we go 7-9-10-6 this year fans will say, "Oh, well we just need another WR," so they'll target that.

After we have the same record the following year, fans will say, "Oh, well we just need a CB/S/DE," and they'll give them that shiny toy.

By the time Reid is 60 and we're gearing up for one last ride with a 35 year old Alex Smith, we'll be looking for a RT, pass rusher, whatever.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

DeezNutz
03-12-2013, 05:12 PM
If they fail by using the same formula that has been rehashed for 30 years, you will see the worst possible reaction:

The fans completely giving up.

Too many sheeple for that to happen. I'm guessing most of the fanbase is behind these moves.

notorious
03-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Too many sheeple for that to happen. I'm guessing most of the fanbase is behind these moves.

Good for them. They can have it.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Yep, it'll be Cassel all over again. If Smith bombs in '13 it'll be because he's with a new team in a new system. Reid maybe has an OC call plays in '14. Then when Smith bombs in '14 it'll be because of the new OC, who'll get replaced. Then when he bombs in '15 it'll be because he's had three different playcallers in 3 years. It'll never be because he's what he is, not in the eyes of the true fans. He'll always need one more shot, maybe one more lineman, one more receiver, one more something. When the one thing we actually need is a QB.

Bootlegged
03-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Yep, it'll be Cassel all over again. If Smith bombs in '13 it'll be because he's with a new team in a new system. Reid maybe has an OC call plays in '14. Then when Smith bombs in '14 it'll be because of the new OC, who'll get replaced. Then when he bombs in '15 it'll be because he's had three different playcallers in 3 years. It'll never be because he's what he is, not in the eyes of the true fans. He'll always need one more shot, maybe one more lineman, one more receiver, one more something. When the one thing we actually need is a QB.

You should get out of the basement, off or on the meds and care about something else.

KCChiefsFan88
03-12-2013, 05:20 PM
A cruel irony... the Chiefs are being more aggressive than ever on the first day of free agency... something we have wanted for years, yet they make two of the worst moves possible (trade for Alex Smith, signing Chase Daniels) that pretty much seals the deal in terms of NOT drafting Geno Smith.

Disgusting.

Sickening.

Molitoth
03-12-2013, 05:21 PM

Nailed it.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 05:21 PM
You should get out of the basement, off or on the meds and care about something else.Sure thing, he-man. We can't all be as well adjusted as you are. Coming into these whiny threads to whine about the whining. :thumb:

Buehler445
03-12-2013, 05:36 PM
You should get out of the basement, off or on the meds and care about something else.

Wait, what? You saying a guy on motherfucking CHIEFSPLANET.COM should care about something other than the Chiefs.

Get the fuck out of here and go back to the cuckold message board or wherever it is that you came from.

King_Chief_Fan
03-12-2013, 05:40 PM
WAHHHHHH
WAHHHHHH
WAHHHHHH

if you know how the story ends, why do you keep watching

Sorter
03-12-2013, 05:47 PM
WAHHHHHH
WAHHHHHH
WAHHHHHH

if you know how the story ends, why do you keep watching

If you know how the story ends, why don't you just kill yourself and hang out with Jesus?

candyman
03-12-2013, 05:47 PM
If you know how the story ends, why don't you just kill yourself and hang out with Jesus?

Because if he kills himself he'll go to hell, duh

Sorter
03-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Because if he kills himself he'll go to hell, duh

Whoops

King_Chief_Fan
03-12-2013, 05:54 PM

and miss all this childish crying that people are doing?

Jesus knows he and I are hanging together long after the ending

Bootlegged
03-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Wait, what? You saying a guy on mother****ing CHIEFSPLANET.COM should care about something other than the Chiefs.

Get the **** out of here and go back to the cuckold message board or wherever it is that you came from.

Are you a farmer?

Sorter
03-12-2013, 06:00 PM
and miss all this childish crying that people are doing?

Jesus knows he and I are hanging together long after the ending

If you believe in a higher power, it is exceptionally petty to think he'd "hang out" with someone who is such a mongoloid.

kstater
03-12-2013, 06:00 PM
But the Hunt's don't dictate these moves, it is just coincidence that the very same fucking thing has been repeated for 30 years now, under 3 GMS and 7 HCs.

The Hunt's DO dictate these moves. By HIRING the retards that keep repeating the same fucking thing. The only question that should be asked in the interview is what do you plan to do about the QB position. If ANY part of the answer included TRADING for someone else's castoff, move to the next candidate.

hometeam
03-12-2013, 06:01 PM
http://canucksarmy.com/uploads/Image/waterboy7.jpg

Molitoth
03-12-2013, 06:01 PM
This is already worse than 2009.

SNR
03-12-2013, 06:06 PM
If you believe in a higher power, it is exceptionally petty to think he'd "hang out" with someone who is such a mongoloid.

King_Chiefs_Fan: Hey Jesus! It's me, bro!

Jesus: Oh, umm.... I'll get to you... uhh... soon. I need to go bless some more tax collectors and prostitutes right now.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 06:31 PM
The good thing about all this is that I'm learning which mouth breathers need to be on my ignore list.

hometeam
03-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Im kind of sick about it tbh.

The future looks bleak.

wazu
03-12-2013, 06:36 PM
You're assuming that CP is representative of the fanbase; it's not.

After we go 7-9-10-6 this year fans will say, "Oh, well we just need another WR," so they'll target that.

After we have the same record the following year, fans will say, "Oh, well we just need a CB/S/DE," and they'll give them that shiny toy.

By the time Reid is 60 and we're gearing up for one last ride with a 35 year old Alex Smith, we'll be looking for a RT, pass rusher, whatever.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Yep. I can't wait until we get that CB/S/DE, and are finally ready to dominate.

Mecca
03-12-2013, 06:36 PM
This is already worse than 2009.

I agree it's just awful. It's all about 8-8 and of course never signing a premier fa ever.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Yep. I can't wait until we get that CB/S/DE, and are finally ready to dominate.No no no! Are finally ready to dominant!

philfree
03-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Could this end up being a more disappointing offseason than 2009?

It all depends on if we can trade out of the first pick. If we can do that and get a 2nd this year and big compensation next year along with nailing our picks it could turn out alright.

I didn't expect a huge free agency and blue collar guys like DeVitto, Fasano and hosenphefer Inc. ..oh wait.....I don't mind those guys or Robinson but I'm confused about Daniels. Just signing a backup QB instead of drafting a QB of the future makes no sense to me. But still if we can trade out of 1.1 we can still make it a good offseason.

Simplicity
03-12-2013, 06:46 PM
HOLY **** it's the first day of Free Agency, not that many have been taken off. You guys probably jump and rage at your wives when food isn't ready by exactly 7, eh?

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 06:47 PM
HOLY **** it's the first day of Free Agency, not that many have been taken off. You guys probably jump and rage at your wives when food isn't ready by exactly 7, eh?If the only alternative is to sit at home patiently until she gets home from "work" at 4 am, then yes, yes I will.

Molitoth
03-12-2013, 06:53 PM
HOLY **** it's the first day of Free Agency, not that many have been taken off. You guys probably jump and rage at your wives when food isn't ready by exactly 7, eh?

The Alex Smith deal was announced quite awhile ago.
Signing Chase Daniel pretty much eliminates Drafting the best QB on the board and instead going with a LT.

So no, people are not overreacting.

Meatloaf
03-12-2013, 06:55 PM
You people are wearing me out. All of the moaning/groaning. Sheesh. Ok, let's take a quick review. We hired a coach who I think most would agree is a savvy coach when it comes to assessing QB talent. I think his record in Philly speaks well to that. Then we hired a guy for a GM who was part of the organization who drafted someone who is arguable the best QB in the league.....when they already had a Hall of Fame QB in the fold. Seems to me that these guys know QBs.

However, that is not to suggest that they've never missed on a prospect, but in my mind, their pedigree is pretty impressive. And yes, I know it's unfortunate that they apparently don't see Geno as The Answer, but if they don't, they don't! Or perhaps they should log onto CP and get the inside skinny as to what they REALLY should do.

Fellas, you're letting your disappointment with prior regimes color your thinking. This is a new regime, and until footballs start to actually fly next September, we're really not going to have a clue how this turns out.

One other thing; I think many of you think that if we go something like 8-8 next year, we'll have no way to get a top-rated QB. Again, it appears many of you have been brainwashed to think that Dorsey/Reid are essentially just more of the same. How did Washington end up with RGIII? Heck, all it took was someone thinking a bit outside the box (mixed with a rather sizable portion of guts) and they ended up with a quality QB. Who is to say that our guys couldn't do something like that next year.....or whenever they light upon a suitable QB candidate.

It's a NEW DAY. Enjoy the journey!!!

Ben N 58men
03-12-2013, 06:56 PM
The Alex Smith deal was announced quite awhile ago.
Signing Chase Daniel pretty much eliminates Drafting the best QB on the board and instead going with a LT.

So no, people are not overreacting.

And we overpaid on ALL of our signings.

tk13
03-12-2013, 06:57 PM

You should've been here during the years where Carl would be on vacation the first day of free agency. Those were fun.

hometeam
03-12-2013, 07:00 PM
You people are wearing me out. All of the moaning/groaning. Sheesh. Ok, let's take a quick review. We hired a coach who I think most would agree is a savvy coach when it comes to assessing QB talent. I think his record in Philly speaks well to that. Then we hired a guy for a GM who was part of the organization who drafted someone who is arguable the best QB in the league.....when they already had a Hall of Fame QB in the fold. Seems to me that these guys know QBs.

However, that is not to suggest that they've never missed on a prospect, but in my mind, their pedigree is pretty impressive. And yes, I know it's unfortunate that they apparently don't see Geno as The Answer, but if they don't, they don't! Or perhaps they should log onto CP and get the inside skinny as to what they REALLY should do.

Fellas, you're letting your disappointment with prior regimes color your thinking. This is a new regime, and until footballs start to actually fly next September, we're really not going to have a clue how this turns out.

One other thing; I think many of you think that if we go something like 8-8 next year, we'll have no way to get a top-rated QB. Again, it appears many of you have been brainwashed to think that Dorsey/Reid are essentially just more of the same. How did Washington end up with RGIII? Heck, all it took was someone thinking a bit outside the box (mixed with a rather sizable portion of guts) and they ended up with a quality QB. Who is to say that our guys couldn't do something like that next year.....or whenever they light upon a suitable QB candidate.

Yes, they did what it took to draft someone. KC does everything to justify not doing it. Works well eh?

Molitoth

Every time a new regime comes in, the same thing happens.
It's time we stop giving them the benefit of the doubt and start riding their ass until they can prove they are different.

So far it's the same exact shit this franchise has seen for 30 years.... other teams castoffs at the most important position.

Bootlegged
So - if you were GM what moves would you have made to date that would actually make you happy?

BigRedChief
03-12-2013, 07:04 PM

you can't judge this off season yet and you definitely can't just take out firing Pioli, getting rid of Cassell and hiring Reid/Dorsey like that didn't improve this team tremendously.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 07:05 PM
You people are wearing me out. All of the moaning/groaning. Then maybe you shouldn't choose to enter a thread which will clearly contain more of this "moaning/groaning" that's "wearing" you out.

BigRedChief
03-12-2013, 07:05 PM
You should've been here during the years where Carl would be on vacation the first day of free agency. Those were fun.I had forgotten about that BS.
DAMNIT CARL! :cuss:

Bootlegged
03-12-2013, 07:06 PM

They don't want to. If they can't have their GENO then they are going to moan/groan.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 07:08 PM
you can't judge this off season yet and you definitely can't just take out firing *****, getting rid of Cassell and hiring Reid/Dorsey like that didn't improve this team tremendously.I believe I used the words "could this end up being". Which should lead one to believe that I have not yet judged this offseason.

This was the basic question: could this offseason end up being more of a disappointment than 2009?

To address your other points, I do not, however, believe in the concept of "addition by subtraction". Teams do not improve simply by getting rid of bad players. Nor by replacing bad players with other bad players.

I also did not and do not think Andy Reid was a good hire. He's been a poor coach for most of the last decade, and has shown signs of being more and more out of touch.

Bootlegged
03-12-2013, 07:09 PM
I believe I used the words "could this end up being". Which should lead one to believe that I have not yet judged this offseason.

I do not, however, believe in the concept of "addition by subtraction". Teams do not improve simply by getting rid of bad players. Nor by replacing bad players with other bad players.

I also did not and do not think Andy Reid was a good hire. He's been a poor coach for most of the last decade, and has shown signs of being more and more out of touch.

You don't seem to know much about football, but you blabber a lot about it.

kstater
03-12-2013, 07:28 PM
They don't want to. If they can't have their GENO then they are going to moan/groan.

THE CHIEFS HAVEN'T DRAFTED A QB IN THE 1ST ROUND IN 30 YEARS.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Could be. I'm sour over the fact that they appear to be pissing away 1-1 on a fucking RT.

MatriculatingHank
03-12-2013, 08:26 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2013/03/12/4116092/chiefs-officially-trade-for.html

You guys have it all wrong. Look at what the "in the know" fans are saying..

nice - Nice - NICE!
Now THIS is how a NFL Team works during the off season!!!

Amen Brother!

and, it's sure nice to see it!

Can't wait until the season begins. Should be a exciting year!!

Signing Daniels is grrrrrreat move. Perfect for our offense. Also got Fasano for tight end, so the often injured TM becomes back up. With Daniels, we have our #2 AND developmental quarterback. Bet Kevin Keitzman is gagging into the microphone. Hope he swallows it. Apparently he doesn't realize that Len Dawson was a 4 year back up when KC got him, and he took us to super bowl, and became a HOFr.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-12-2013, 08:35 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2013/03/12/4116092/chiefs-officially-trade-for.html

You guys have it all wrong. Look at what the "in the know" fans are saying..

nice - Nice - NICE!
Now THIS is how a NFL Team works during the off season!!!

Amen Brother!

and, it's sure nice to see it!

Can't wait until the season begins. Should be a exciting year!!

Signing Daniels is grrrrrreat move. Perfect for our offense. Also got Fasano for tight end, so the often injured TM becomes back up. With Daniels, we have our #2 AND developmental quarterback. Bet Kevin Keitzman is gagging into the microphone. Hope he swallows it. Apparently he doesn't realize that Len Dawson was a 4 year back up when KC got him, and he took us to super bowl, and became a HOFr.

Who the fuck are these in-the-know fans?

The only thing worse than your unreadable, disconnected hog shit masquerading as a post is the logic driving it into a bridge abutment.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-12-2013, 08:37 PM

The only thing worse than your unreadable, disconnected hog shit masquerading as a post is the logic driving it into a bridge abutment.

I took his posting of that as sarcasm and got a laugh out of the tru fans LMAO

Count Zarth
03-12-2013, 08:39 PM
#2 AND developmental QB!

LMAO

It's like having a shit cake and eating it too!

MatriculatingHank
03-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Who the **** are these in-the-know fans?

Wow! You are a very good writer. You use good logic. I feel very dumb now.
Jesus... You guys need to shut off the computers and come out of the basement for some fresh air once in a while.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 09:04 PM
The only basement I'm aware of is the Chiefs' perennial position in the standings.

BigRedChief
03-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Could be. I'm sour over the fact that they appear to be pissing away 1-1 on a fucking RT.How about waiting to be a pissed mood until they actually make the pick or see what they get for it. Just an idea.;)

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-12-2013, 09:13 PM
How about waiting to be a pissed mood until they actually make the pick or see what they get for it. Just an idea.;)

We are the Chiefs. Of course they are going Right Tackle. Question is whether it comes after a trade down or not.

BigRedChief

The only thing worse than your unreadable, disconnected hog shit masquerading as a post is the logic driving it into a bridge abutment.It's your fault. If you would have been here from the start of SOS, we would have run Pioli and Cassell out of town on a rail by mid-season.:p

Pablo
You should've been here during the years where Carl would be on vacation the first day of free agency. Those were fun.

He's 15. Literally. Nothing he says matters.

Spott
03-12-2013, 09:16 PM
The only thing that will be more disappointing than this offseason is the regular season.

Pablo
03-12-2013, 09:18 PM
The only thing that will be more disappointing than this offseason is the regular season.

Fuck. Now I have to hope Royals baseball is actually good.

Yeah, that's gotta be my saving grace. Fucking doomed.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-12-2013, 09:28 PM
It's your fault. If you would have been here from the start of SOS, we would have run ***** and Cassell out of town on a rail by mid-season.:p

I'm the worst person to contribute to something like SOC. I'd probably just galvanize Hunt against firing Pioli by comparing his management style to the Inquisition.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Fuck. Now I have to hope Royals baseball is actually good.

Yeah, that's gotta be my saving grace. Fucking doomed.

Great seats still available in the Frenchy Quarter!!

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 09:30 PM
****. Now I have to hope Royals baseball is actually good.

Yeah, that's gotta be my saving grace. ****ing doomed.This may be the first time since I moved here that I think the Royals playoff hopes (long term) are better than the Chiefs.

Pablo
03-12-2013, 09:31 PM
This may be the first time since I moved here that I think the Royals playoff hopes (long term) are better than the Chiefs.

I'd have to agree.

Count Zarth
03-12-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm just completely fucking bored with this team.

0 excitement.

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Not that "better than the Chiefs" equals much of a chance.

But there is a chance damnit!

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm just completely ****ing bored with this team.

0 excitement.That's how I feel about the draft.

We have the number 1 fucking pick and the only excitement on the horizon will be seeing how little it takes another team to move them out of that #1 spot.

Count Zarth
03-12-2013, 09:36 PM
The only good thing about the Chiefs right now is that if they take Geno, it will be such a surprise and shock that the joy will be melting down the walls.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-12-2013, 09:37 PM
The Royals are definitely a better run organization than the Chiefs, and they are far better at scouting and drafting talent, despite working in a sport with a much higher bust rate.

That said, the Royals are one of the five worst organizations in baseball. It just so happens that the Chiefs are one of the worst in professional sports.

I can't think of any worse NBA franchise. Even Sacramento had a run of extended success and would have won the 2002 title if not for the most egregiously officiated theft in NBA history.

The Pirates are an abysmal franchise, but even they show signs of promise, and they have a far greater history of success than the Chiefs.

The Browns have had worse results but a better blueprint. Their history is better. Same with Detroit.

cmh6476
03-12-2013, 09:52 PM
without reading every post, didn't the major league indians and bad news bears actually end up winning at the end of their movies?

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 09:53 PM
without reading every post, didn't the major league indians and bad news bears actually end up winning at the end of their movies?It only took 166 replies, but eventually we got there. LMAO

unnecessary drama
03-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Nope.

I'm with you.

Could it end up worse? Who fucking knows.

But I'm not going to lose any sleep over this team anymore. If Smith/Daniel suck again, they suck again. Whatever. I'll try and get random pussy either way.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-13-2013, 12:03 AM
Inept franchise. Creator of its own misery.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2013, 12:22 AM
It's not even CLOSE to 2009.

Pioli was a fucking embarrassment, making bad move after bad move. Haley was an inexperienced but arrogant asshole.

I don't know how anyone with a brain can compare John Dorsey and his moves so far to Scott Pioli.

And Haley versus Reid?

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-13-2013, 12:26 AM
Diffrent dudes, same old Chiefs. Its NOT a complex equation.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2013, 12:30 AM
Diffrent dudes, same old Chiefs. Its NOT a complex equation.
Posted via Mobile Device

2009:

Added: QB Matt Cassel, QB Matt Gutierrez, WR Bobby Engram, WR Amani Toomer, WR Ashley Lelie, TE Sean Ryan, G Mike Goff, G Andy Alleman, C Eric Ghiaciuc, DE/OLB Mike Vrabel, ILB Zach Thomas, ILB Corey Mays, ILB Monty Beisel, CB Travis Daniels, FS Mike Brown.

Lost: Tony Gonzalez and Jason Babin

2013:

Added: Alex Smith, Mike DeVito, Dunta Robinson, Anthony Fasano, Chase Daniel.

Resigned Tyson Jackson (1 year) Franchised Brandon Albert, resigned Dustin Colquitt, resigned Dwayne Bowe.

Lost: Glenn Dorsey (reportedly), Steve Breaston

--

Yeah, 2009 = 2013.

Bump
03-13-2013, 12:32 AM
Lamar Hunts last words must have been "Clark, dont ever draft a quarterback, fucking todd blackledge..."

Count Zarth
03-13-2013, 12:33 AM
I'll tell you how 2013 can be more disappointing.

There was no franchise QB in 2009 available to us.

If it turns out there was one in this draft we could have taken, and Alex Smith is garbage...Reid and Dorsey will be far more despised than Pioli.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2013, 12:35 AM
I'll tell you how 2013 can be more disappointing.

There was no franchise QB in 2009 available to us.

If it turns out there was one in this draft we could have taken, and Alex Smith is garbage...Reid and Dorsey will be far more despised than *****.

Utter speculation.

Sanchez was seen as a Franchise QB by the Jets, Freeman was seen as a Franchise QB by the Bucs. The Chiefs passed on both.

This year, no one is seen as a Franchise QB, although there is no doubt that a team will reach due to need.

As long as Reid and Dorsey win, there's no way they'll be "despised".

Pawnmower
03-13-2013, 12:35 AM
I don't think your post helped much Dane......

Honestly it looks like we tried harder in 09

Frsnchising Albert is meaningless if we draft an LT and he walks after this season...

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2013, 12:37 AM
I don't think your post helped much Dane......

Honestly it looks like we tried harder in 09

Frsnchising Albert is meaningless if we draft an LT and he walks after this season...

Signing a bunch of over-the-hill dumbfucks while allowing a HOF TE to walk, along with a DE that nearly led the league in sacks is somehow an improvement over Bowe, Albert, Robinson, Fasano and Smith?

Um, no.

If ***** had been here in 2013, Albert would be gone, Bowe would be gone, Jackson, Dorsey and Cassel would all be on the roster this season.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2013, 12:39 AM

It is NOT "meaningless".

Furthermore, he IS franchised for this season, so he'll be on the roster.

The sky isn't falling.

chiefs1111
03-13-2013, 12:39 AM
Wow I forgot that the Chiefs signed Bobby Ingram and Ashley Lelie that year.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2013, 12:40 AM
Wow I forgot that the Chiefs signed Bobby Ingram and Ashley Lelie that year.

And Zach Thomas, who never suited up for them but sued them.

Oh, and Amani Toomer's press conference.

LMAO

2009 was and still is the worst year in franchise history, bar none. I said it then and in 2013, it still rings true.

Pawnmower
03-13-2013, 12:44 AM
It is NOT "meaningless".

Furthermore, he IS franchised for this season, so he'll be on the roster.

The sky isn't falling.

Franchising a player 1 season and trading away top draft pick for a 7 year vet while blowing an opportunity to get a franchise QB & having to waste the number 1 pick on that franchise player's replacement is a move you make if you have a chance to win in the playoffs right now IMO.

so Yah, meaningless

BigChiefFan
03-13-2013, 12:45 AM
Besides retaining our own players, the other moves just aren't doing it for me. For comparsion... DeVito replaces Dorsey-wash. Smith replaces Cassel-slight improvement. Wash. Dunta Robinson replaces Routt? Was he even a Chief? Robinson's decent, but he's an average DB at best. We're not much better, IMO and I used to be a homer at times. We need a big time FA.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2013, 12:48 AM
Franchising a player 1 season and trading away top draft pick for a 7 year vet while blowing an opportunity to get a franchise QB & having to waste the number 1 pick on that franchise player's replacement is a move you make if you have a chance to win in the playoffs right now IMO.

so Yah, meaningless

1. Albert's fate has yet to be determined.
2. #34 overall isn't a "Top Pick".
3. There are no Franchise QB's in this draft. Period.
4. The league year just began TODAY.
5. The draft is SEVEN weeks away.

There's a lot that can happen between now and draft day in terms of acquiring picks and players.

Pawnmower
03-13-2013, 12:57 AM
1. Albert's fate has yet to be determined.
2. #34 overall isn't a "Top Pick".
3. There are no Franchise QB's in this draft. Period.
4. The league year just began TODAY.
5. The draft is SEVEN weeks away.

There's a lot that can happen between now and draft day in terms of acquiring picks and players.

I'm glad you're optimistic! I disagree with you on 2 & 3........but only time will tell. Heck id love Alex Smith to step in and just pick up right where he left off.....and even get better.

Truthfully last season just killed any optimism I had. Plus I have seen a ton of Alex Smith......not just the last 2 years.

I should probably just stop vcomplaining about Alex now that's its done.

LETS GO CHIEFS

AussieChiefsFan
03-13-2013, 01:00 AM
I doubt it. The 2008 team was much worse (atleast it seems) than the 2012 team. Obviously, hindsight is 20/20 but this isn't Pioli anymore, and there seems to be a 'win-now' attitude that Dorsey and Reid have shown.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-13-2013, 01:03 AM
#34 in a deep draft is an extremely valuable pick if your FO is competent.

2009 is worse than this year, but that doesn't mean it's more disappointing. We had been through two terrible years on the field before 2009. This year has compounded those two years with three other abysmal ones, plus the public humiliation of the franchise, scandal, and a fan revolt, only to end up essentially where we were in 2005-06, with a "Win Now" mantra that is doomed to fail because it lacks the horsepower in the requisite areas.

Count Zarth
03-13-2013, 01:08 AM

2009 is worse than this year, but that doesn't mean it's more disappointing. We had been through two terrible years on the field before 2009. This year has compounded those two years with three other abysmal ones, plus the public humiliation of the franchise, scandal, and a fan revolt, only to end up essentially where we were in 2005-06, with a "Win Now" mantra that is doomed to fail because it lacks the horsepower in the requisite areas.

This could be more disappointing in a lot of ways besides passing on a potential franchise QB.

If the groundwork is not laid for a SB team this offseason, we're probably looking at nothing coming from the careers of Charles, Albert, Bowe, DJ, Hali and Flowers.

Even ***** didn't have that cross to bear, but Dorsey and Reid certainly are on the clock in that regard.

keg in kc
03-13-2013, 01:10 AM
I doubt it. The 2008 team was much worse (atleast it seems) than the 2012 team. I'm not sure how you can call one 2-14 team much worse than another.

And Dane, I agree that a lot can happen between now and draft day. That's why I phrased it as a question ("Could this end up being a more disappointing offseason than 2009?") rather than as a statement ("This is more disappointing than 2009").

Although I am not particularly enamored with any of the moves so far. Particularly the 2.0 version of the Matt Cassel trade. And that has nothing to do with Geno Smith. I would hate the Alex Smith move regardless of whether I think Geno's a potential franchise player or not. It's just a bad deal to make.

AussieChiefsFan
03-13-2013, 01:12 AM
I'm not sure how you can call one 2-14 team much worse than another. Yeah both were utter crap. But going into this year, I'm feeling better than I was going into 2009. Despite Alex Smith.

keg in kc
03-13-2013, 01:15 AM

2009 is worse than this year, but that doesn't mean it's more disappointing. We had been through two terrible years on the field before 2009. This year has compounded those two years with three other abysmal ones, plus the public humiliation of the franchise, scandal, and a fan revolt, only to end up essentially where we were in 2005-06, with a "Win Now" mantra that is doomed to fail because it lacks the horsepower in the requisite areas.We also don't have much in the way of "future" talent on the roster now. Most (sane) people were still extremely enthusiastic about the 2008 draft class in 2009, and Hali and Bowe were both still young. I think people had mostly given up on DJ at that point. But either way, who do we have now like that, that would give any semblence of hope? Houston? Is there anyone else at all? The rest of the "core" (Hali, Bowe, etc) is all 4 years older now, and more likely to decline than to improve. We don't have a big boon of a draft class to start with like we did then.

I think it's entirely possible we're in as deep a hole now as we were then, roster wise.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2013, 01:19 AM

The biggest difference between 2009 and 2013 for me is coaching.

The Chiefs went from a Super Bowl coach in Vermeil to a playoff coach in Edwards to an inexperienced buttfucking asshole in Haley to maybe the most incompetent head coach in franchise history in Crennel, to a guy that coached his teams to five straight NFC Championships and a Super Bowl.

I see Reid and Dorsey replicating the 2001 Chiefs by passing on a QB in the draft in favor of a QB that can win now. The coaching staff seems solid and there's definitely a plan in place.

Personally, I see this offseason as a success to date.

keg in kc
03-13-2013, 01:50 AM
I haven't seen much from Reid since 2006 that would indicate he's any great shakes. His teams have been mediocre at best since then, and the last two years have been some of the most embarrassing debacles I can ever remember seeing in the NFL. Fantasy (on paper) rosters that just fall apart on the field. It's been fun to watch in a morbid sense, even with what's been going on here. And that's saying something.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2013, 01:55 AM
I haven't seen much from Reid since 2006 that would indicate he's any great shakes. His teams have been mediocre at best since then, and the last two years have been some of the most embarrassing debacles I can ever remember seeing in the NFL. Fantasy (on paper) rosters that just fall apart on the field. It's been fun to watch in a morbid sense, even with what's been going on here. And that's saying something.

A big part of that has to do with taking on personnel and making poor decisions.

There is no way that Andy Reid = Romeo Crennel.

ratchet
03-13-2013, 02:05 AM
I'm glad you're optimistic! I disagree with you on 2 & 3........but only time will tell. Heck id love Alex Smith to step in and just pick up right where he left off.....and even get better.

Truthfully last season just killed any optimism I had. Plus I have seen a ton of Alex Smith......not just the last 2 years.

I should probably just stop vcomplaining about Alex now that's its done.

LETS GO CHIEFS

much respect for this post. let's all support this team and alex. If alex picks up where he left off which was an ascending direction then this team can be great.

RunKC
03-13-2013, 04:14 AM
You guys are missing the biggest difference between this regime and the Pioli regime: Andy Reid won't stand bad QB play.

If Alex Smith starts sucking ass, he's going to draft a QB and replace him. There is no free pass.

Spott
03-13-2013, 04:18 AM
You guys are missing the biggest difference between this regime and the ***** regime: Andy Reid won't stand bad QB play.

If Alex Smith starts sucking ass, he's going to draft a QB and replace him. There is no free pass.

He just replaced 2 backup QB's with 2 more backup QB's so he wouldn't have to draft a QB. It's pretty obvious that he could care less about drafting a QB.

htismaqe
03-13-2013, 07:37 AM
You guys are missing the biggest difference between this regime and the ***** regime: Andy Reid won't stand bad QB play.

ROFL

Next year's draft is arguably WORSE than this year's.

If Alex Smyth sucks, Andy Reid is gonna pull a rabbit out of his ass! You guys watch, he's a fucking magician!

ROFL

Moron.

htismaqe
03-13-2013, 07:37 AM
much respect for this post. let's all support this team and alex. If alex picks up where he left off which was an ascending direction then this team can be great.

10-6 and first round playoff exit. Chiefs fans know greatness!

nychief
03-13-2013, 08:00 AM
All the whining because we aren't going to draft a QB 1.1... is getting old. Bad year to have the no. 1 pick, nuff said.

htismaqe
03-13-2013, 08:08 AM
All the whining because we aren't going to draft a QB 1.1... is getting old. Bad year to have the no. 1 pick, nuff said.

Yet another person that simply doesn't understand the argument.

Otter
03-13-2013, 08:14 AM

Gotta say, I was surprised you chugged the Kool (by the gallon). o:-)

nychief
03-13-2013, 08:18 AM

yeah... nobody understands how to win but four or five posters on this board that get off riling each other up.

I think fetishizing a second rnd pick is silly.

htismaqe
03-13-2013, 08:19 AM
yeah... nobody understands how to win but four or five posters on this board that get off riling each other up.

I think fetishizing a second rnd pick is silly.

ROFL

As if that were EVER the argument.

KChiefs1
03-13-2013, 08:21 AM
Best offseason ever!

KC Tattoo
03-13-2013, 08:22 AM
This offseason is disapoint when we don't draft Geno Smith and then draft a LT to play RTotf.

Chiefnj2
03-13-2013, 08:22 AM

When is KC going to be in position to draft the best QB in the draft?

htismaqe
03-13-2013, 08:24 AM
When is KC going to be in position to draft the best QB in the draft?

He's a guru. He doesn't need the best QB in the draft. He can take the 6th-best QB in the draft, work his magic, and trade him for picks!

nychief
03-13-2013, 08:26 AM
ROFL

As if that were EVER the argument.

It's anger over the Smith trade, no? It is not drafting and developing our own QB, right? What sophisticated argument am I missing? Look, I'm not happy with all these moves... but vitriol is laughable.

Chiefnj2
03-13-2013, 08:40 AM
There were rumors about Reid's interest and pursuit of Alex Smith as early as the first week of February. Andy was hired the first week of January and it took about two weeks to put his staff and Dorsey together.

Andy basically had 2 weeks to evaluate the roster and all potential upgrades. Within those lousy two weeks he decided Alex was his guy. He didn't really give any real consideration to drafting a QB early. His decision was made before the combine. That annoys the hell out of me.

Deberg_1990
03-13-2013, 08:50 AM
The main difference between now and then is that Reid is more willing to go outside his "tree" to aquire talent.
Posted via Mobile Device

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-13-2013, 08:55 AM
9(8.75?) out of 10 teams who get the #1 pick. Get a shinny new QB.

When a team who hasn't drafted a QB in the first round since 1983 gets it? They get Alex Smith, Chase Daniel.

Disappointment venting sounds reasonable to me.

KC Tattoo
03-13-2013, 08:57 AM
There were rumors about Reid's interest and pursuit of Alex Smith as early as the first week of February. Andy was hired the first week of January and it took about two weeks to put his staff and Dorsey together.

Andy basically had 2 weeks to evaluate the roster and all potential upgrades. Within those lousy two weeks he decided Alex was his guy. He didn't really give any real consideration to drafting a QB early. His decision was made before the combine. That annoys the hell out of me.

Yeah this. It seems like Andy liked and wanted Alex Smith from a year ago. So Alex Smith was going be the guy regardless of what Geno Smith did at the combine.

Are they still inviting Geno Smith for a private work out? Are they going to WV proday?

nychief
03-13-2013, 08:57 AM

When a team who hasn't drafted a QB in the first round since 1983 gets it? They get Alex Smith, Chase Daniel.

This is what I was talking about...

OnTheWarpath58
03-13-2013, 03:54 PM
Jesus Christ.

So fucking glad I cancelled. I'm not sure if this offseason will be worse than 2009, but it's likely going to provide similar results.

In 2009, we traded the 34th overall pick for a game manager QB with a limited skillset.

In 2013, we traded the 34th overall pick for a game manager QB with a limited skillset.

In 2009, we wasted the 3rd overall pick on a valueless postion.

In 2013, we're likely going to waste the only #1 overall pick we've ever had on a valueless position. (RT)

In 2009, we signed a bunch of "low-B" and "C" tier FA's while difference makers went to other teams.

In 2013, we've signed a bunch of "low-B" and "C" tier FA's and not a single difference maker.

The only difference is that the 8-10 win season might come a season earlier, and we'll likely not see the 1st overall pick ever again - but never win anything of substance either. Nothing like making a piss-poor attempt to "win now" when your main competition is a team QB'd by Peyton Manning - who by the way, just got a new toy. A difference maker.

Enjoy your 8 wins a year and your tailgates. Great seats still available.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-13-2013, 04:54 PM

Which might be why he's been a pretty terrible coach for the last six years.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-13-2013, 09:40 PM
"no franchise QB in this draft". Pure ass-wiping speculation and NOTHING more.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep, you're right: You're an ass-wiping speculator and NOTHING more.

KC Tattoo
03-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Jesus Christ.

So ****ing glad I cancelled. I'm not sure if this offseason will be worse than 2009, but it's likely going to provide similar results.

In 2009, we traded the 34th overall pick for a game manager QB with a limited skillset.

In 2013, we traded the 34th overall pick for a game manager QB with a limited skillset.

In 2013, we're likely going to waste the only #1 overall pick we've ever had on a valueless position. (RT)

In 2009, we signed a bunch of "low-B" and "C" tier FA's while difference makers went to other teams.

In 2013, we've signed a bunch of "low-B" and "C" tier FA's and not a single difference maker.

The only difference is that the 8-10 win season might come a season earlier, and we'll likely not see the 1st overall pick ever again - but never win anything of substance either. Nothing like making a piss-poor attempt to "win now" when your main competition is a team QB'd by Peyton Manning - who by the way, just got a new toy. A difference maker.

So we were in hell under pioli now we are back to purgatory.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Yep, you're right.

Yep, you can just hit the brakes right there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-13-2013, 10:00 PM
Feels about the same to me except for Contingent of Logic that are NOT buying this shit sandwich. And so fucking WHAT if the Chiefs match Vermeil-era "success". What the fuck good is that?
Posted via Mobile Device

WakkaWakka
03-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Jesus Christ.

So ****ing glad I cancelled. I'm not sure if this offseason will be worse than 2009, but it's likely going to provide similar results.

Glad I cancelled as well. I've been paying upwards of $760 a year plus parking, concessions, etc per game for the last 3 seasons. Although some truefan is sure to pick up my seat this year, so it really won't make a difference, but at least I will save plenty of money to take my wife on a nice vacation later this year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-13-2013, 10:32 PM
god damn I love seeing two posts like that back to back! Awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pawnmower
03-13-2013, 10:41 PM
Yes because after 2008 we released something like 35 players, and most people knew this team would suck in 09 (cept a few idiots)

2012 we underperformed, and I think this team is at least a little better than it was off season 09..

So the answer to the OP is clearly yes.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2013, 10:43 PM
Yep, you can just hit the brakes right there.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2013, 10:43 PM
Feels about the same to me except for Contingent of Logic that are NOT buying this shit sandwich. And so fucking WHAT if the Chiefs match Vermeil-era "success". What the fuck good is that?
Posted via Mobile Device

It's better than 4-12, 2-14, 4-12, 2-14.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-13-2013, 10:45 PM
It's better than 4-12, 2-14, 4-12, 2-14.

What do you feel the goal of the organization should be?

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-13-2013, 10:53 PM

It should CLEARLY be the immediate distribution of red beanies with little gold propellers!
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2013, 11:00 PM

In 2013? To put best the best possible product on the field in an effort to win back the trust of the local fans and generate good will throughout league circles.

I can tell you for a fact that agents and players avoided Kansas City like the plague since 2009. And it wasn't just Peyton Manning. The Chiefs need to demonstrate that they're a stable franchise committed to winning, which is why they've "slightly" overpaid for solid, veteran players.

Guys haven't exactly been lining up to play for the Chiefs during the past six seasons.

RunKC
03-13-2013, 11:06 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Maybe if Geno was better we wouldn't have this speculation.

Just a thought.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-13-2013, 11:09 PM
They need to prove they are a gutsy franchise, not an atiquated one. You do that by actually engaging in risk/reward instead of trying to skirt it through archaic team-building philosophies.
Posted via Mobile Device

lcarus
03-13-2013, 11:11 PM
It should CLEARLY be the immediate distribution of red beanies with little gold propellers!
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO "Now you Chiefs fans can buy tickets like tools and look like one too!"

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-13-2013, 11:11 PM

Just a thought.

Maybe if you were'nt a Kool-Aid chugging retard, you wouldn't be retarded. Just a thought.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter
03-13-2013, 11:12 PM

Just a thought.

Possible.

An additional thought could be "If Geno/Barkley didn't come out after the previous draft netted 3 players that look like future HOFers, would we have this speculation?"

Personally, I suspect not. However, I also think that this entire QB class is getting thrown under the rug.

lcarus
03-13-2013, 11:14 PM
Possible.

An additional thought could be "If Geno/Barkley didn't come out after the previous draft netted 3 players that look like future HOFers, would we have this speculation?"

Personally, I suspect not. However, I also think that this entire QB class is getting thrown under the rug.

Agreed. As far as I'm concerned, they're all just doing their damndest to keep the Kansas City Chiefs from finally getting a QB.

Alex Smith 4Ever
03-13-2013, 11:19 PM

Drafting a QB #1 overall just because you need a QB is the kind of logic that leads to JaMarcus Russell going #1 overall.

8 of the 9 teams drafting after us in the top 10 desperately need a QB and there's no hype for Geno or teams offering 3 first round picks to move up. This just isn't the draft to take a QB #1

Fruit Ninja
03-13-2013, 11:22 PM
I'm already more disappointed. It's déjà vu all over again. I don't see a scenario where this ends up as the Chiefs being a contender year in and year out. It's more like being Smoking Bert Cooper. Was t very good but had a hell of a punch lol

KCDC
03-13-2013, 11:26 PM
In 2013? To put best the best possible product on the field in an effort to win back the trust of the local fans and generate good will throughout league circles.

I can tell you for a fact that agents and players avoided Kansas City like the plague since 2009. And it wasn't just Peyton Manning. The Chiefs need to demonstrate that they're a stable franchise committed to winning, which is why they've "slightly" overpaid for solid, veteran players.

Guys haven't exactly been lining up to play for the Chiefs during the past six seasons.

Sadly, stable means 7-9 to 9-7 every year until Reid is fired.

something cooler
03-13-2013, 11:29 PM
Sadly, stable means 7-9 to 9-7 every year until Reid is fired.

If that is what it means to you, then you are an idiot.

KCDC
03-13-2013, 11:32 PM
I'm already more disappointed. It's déjà vu all over again. I don't see a scenario where this ends up as the Chiefs being a contender year in and year out. It's more like being Smoking Bert Cooper. Was t very good but had a hell of a punch lol

Deja vu?

1) New HC and GM.
2) HC selects cronies from previous coaching experience
3) Select back-up QB from other team. Pay him top money.
4) Think he's the next Tom Brady.
5) Purposely sign the worst back up QBs so that they will not threaten their dream of turning said back-up QB into a franchise QB.
6) Purposely pass up QBs in draft
7) Tell fans that it is a "process"
8) sign a bunch of cheap scrub free agents

How can you say that you've seen this before?

Fruit Ninja
03-13-2013, 11:34 PM

That's what it means to the majority of the fan base. From what I have seen on social media sites they just don't wanna suck they don't care about being good.

KCDC
03-13-2013, 11:34 PM

When you are a Chiefs fan for over 40 years, you can talk about what you think "stable" means for the Chiefs.

Big Smoke
03-13-2013, 11:35 PM
I think this offseason will prove to be better than 09. Those were dark days.

lcarus
03-13-2013, 11:36 PM
When you are a Chiefs fan for over 40 years, you can talk about what you think "stable" means for the Chiefs.

I've only been a fan for about 23 years, but to me, "stable" means "Boy these Chiefs sure have a stable full of shitty quarterbacks"

Fruit Ninja
03-13-2013, 11:36 PM
Deja vu?

1) New HC and GM.
5) Purposely sign the worst back up QBs so that they will not threaten their dream of turning said back-up QB into a franchise QB.

Retread qb's. Montana really old. Bono grbac green Cassel It all ended up as failures. So now we got Alex my coach wanted me gone ASAP Smith. Where do u see this ending up well. The 49ers defense isn't coming with him.

lcarus
03-13-2013, 11:38 PM
Retread qb's. Montana really old. Bono grbac green Cassel It all ended up as failures. So now we got Alex my coach wanted me gone ASAP Smith. Where do u see this ending up well. The 49ers defense isn't coming with him.

Green might have been a success if we didn't have a wet snotty Kleenex for a defense.

Fruit Ninja
03-13-2013, 11:39 PM

I'm a lakers fan. In my 36 years of life I've seen 10 titles and them going to the finals another 4 times. Chiefs? Not even once and not even close. And before u say I'm a front runner I was born in Los Angeles.

Fruit Ninja
03-13-2013, 11:40 PM
Green might have been a success if we didn't have a wet snotty Kleenex for a defense.

Maybes don't count. We were only really good one year with them teams.

patteeu
03-14-2013, 04:47 AM
I'm a lakers fan. In my 36 years of life I've seen 10 titles and them going to the finals another 4 times. Chiefs? Not even once and not even close. And before u say I'm a front runner I was born in Los Angeles.

How did you become a Lakers fan? How did you become a Chiefs fan?

RunKC
03-14-2013, 06:15 AM
Maybe if you were'nt a Kool-Aid chugging retard, you wouldn't be retarded. Just a thought.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's retards like you that wanted us to draft Mark Sanchez simply because we hadn't drafted a QB in the first rd in forever. LMAO

chiefzilla1501
03-14-2013, 06:29 AM
Deja vu?

1) New HC and GM.

The HC is not a crony. Reid doesn't have any connection to chunt. The backup qb has not been given a long term contract nor does it look like that's in the works. As for the Tom Brady comment, I could care less what Dorsey says to the media about smith. On points five and six, we have no idea what their plan is for the third qb. Let's chill untl they do. As for the process, Not at all. They look like they are trying to field a winning team right away. On the scrub free agents, it's not like there are marquee names we missed.

I am ok with the reid hire but not as gung no as many. And I'm not a fan of the Alex smith trade. But holy hell, let's at least give this time to play itself out. Other than giving up a second, he hasn't yet made a move that dooms this franchise.