PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs also may sign a WR later this week.

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

Chiefs also may sign a WR later this week. Looking for depth on outside.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2013, 10:13 PM
DHB!!!

Mr_Tomahawk
03-12-2013, 10:13 PM
Probably Bobby Wade the way things are going...

keg in kc
03-12-2013, 10:14 PM
DHB!!!I'd laugh if it wasn't so likely.

MotherfuckerJones
03-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Ima say Ted Ginn Jr. or Julian Edelman

Pablo
03-12-2013, 10:15 PM
DANIELS TO DENARIO ALEXANDER PLZ!

ceebz
03-12-2013, 10:16 PM
DHB for 9.5 mil a year?

Inmem58
03-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Randy Moss

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Danario was tendered. Not happening. DHB actually makes sense. Furthermore, it will be funny to watch Smith underthrow him by 12 yards on go routes.

Jewish Rabbi
03-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Bobby Sippio?

BigChiefFan
03-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Knowing this team, we'll give up our first rounder for Boldin or Dick McSlapanutt.

MotherfuckerJones
03-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Danario was tendered. Not happening. DHB actually makes sense. Furthermore, it will be funny to watch Smith underthrow him by 12 yards on go routes.

Ya tendered an original pick tender meaning he was undrafted so itd only cost $$

Hoover
03-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Jennings just tweeted "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

MeatRock
Boldin was traded to SF.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
Okay we talking just a WR or does he have to have swiss knife like qualities?

Spott
03-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Probably Briscoe to get the Johnson County people to buy tickets.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Jennings just tweeted "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

Jesus. He'll end up getting paid more than Mike Wallace if we sign him.

Nononononono. Stick with DHB and we'll only pay him $8 million/season or so. I can't handle the possibility of Jennings at $13.

RedandGold
03-12-2013, 10:28 PM
Danny Amendola?

DJ's left nut
03-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Danny Amendola?

That's actually a great fit and I think the market would be soft for him.

If you're Reid and you think there's even a scintilla of a chance that Baldwin doesn't completely blow, then you sign Amendola to be a perfect slot WR/final security blanket for Smith with Bowe still being your physical intermediate possession guy and Baldwin as your downfield target.

But it depends on what Amendola costs. If he'd take 4/$20, he'd be a hell of a lot better pickup than Mike !@#$ing DeVito.

CaliforniaChief
03-12-2013, 10:39 PM
I'm in favor of drafting Patterson at 1.1, but that probably won't happen.

I'd like Amendola in the slot, but it seems like he's NE's consolation prize if Welker bolts.

I know nobody here wants Welker, but I wonder what he'll make. He's 32 with a lot of tread. But damn, he's productive. And his YAC is perfect for our system.

I like Brandon Gibson but I think he's going elsewhere.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Greg Jennings' broke ass would probably kill me off.

aturnis
03-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Why's this got its own thread?

Inmem58
03-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Because he's trying to convince people that we are on the right path to the Super Bowl.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2013, 10:48 PM
I'm in favor of drafting Patterson at 1.1, but that probably won't happen.

I'd like Amendola in the slot, but it seems like he's NE's consolation prize if Welker bolts.

I know nobody here wants Welker, but I wonder what he'll make. He's 32 with a lot of tread. But damn, he's productive. And his YAC is perfect for our system.

I like Brandon Gibson but I think he's going elsewhere.

Here's the problem with Amendola and Gibson.

What does everyone say that the Rams need? OL and WRs. It's not as though these two guys have been setting the world on fire in STL.

I just can't tell if they're worth a damn.

CaliforniaChief
03-12-2013, 10:50 PM
What will Welker make? 12 million a year? 10? How many years? 4?

If we're in "win now" mode, he's worth a long look. Oh yeah, and a way to screw the Pats back for all they've done to us.

BossChief
03-12-2013, 10:50 PM
Greg Jennings' broke ass would probably kill me off.

Why?

Bowe and Jennings on the outside and let the other guys (Baldwin, McCluster, Wylie) fight it out for the slot.

With these guys in win now mode with Alex Smith, signing Jennings is a definite possibility...and not one I'd necessarily be opposed to.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2013, 10:52 PM
What will Welker make? 12 million a year? 10? How many years? 4?

If we're in "win now" mode, he's worth a long look. Oh yeah, and a way to screw the Pats back for all they've done to us.

I'd be pretty shocked if he did better than 4/$32. I know he's been productive, but damn - who wouldn't be playing the slot in that system?

If you gave him $8 million, would you be more confident that he would actually earn $10 million/season or $6 million?

I'd be much more likely to be that he would underperform that figure than outperform it.

ChiefsCountry
03-12-2013, 10:52 PM

What does everyone say that the Rams need? OL and WRs. It's not as though these two guys have been setting the world on fire in STL.

Amendola is a hell of a slot receiver. Trouble with him, he is just like Brodie Croyle - always hurt.

RunKC
03-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Hope it's Amendola. We need a WR with speed to get open in the intermediate routes.

BossChief
03-12-2013, 10:54 PM

If they like a guy like Amendola...why not make an offer to Danerio Alexander?

He is on an "original pick" tender, so if we sign him we don't give up ANYTHING and if SD decides to tach, it drives the price up for a division rival.

The upside is the guy gives us a few years of healthy play and is a difference maker.

Low risk high reward

DJ's left nut
03-12-2013, 10:54 PM
Why?

Bowe and Jennings on the outside and let the other guys (Baldwin, McCluster, Wylie) fight it out for the slot.

With these guys in win now mode with Alex Smith, signing Jennings is a definite possibility...and not one I'd necessarily be opposed to.

Because paying WRs for the work their QB did is a really bad idea when you don't have said QB.

The same argument applied to Welker also applies to Jennings. He's not going to be anywhere near what he was in GB. That's why it was so critical to get Bowe brought back - you know what he can do with shit at QB and it's pretty impressive.

Jennings and Welker....eh, not so much. I think those guys are both decent players but have their production inflated by about 25% due to their situations.

MotherfuckerJones
03-12-2013, 10:55 PM
No to Amendola and his broken collarbone. It will break again

Chiefspants
03-12-2013, 10:55 PM
Lol, the "looking for depth" remark infuses me with so much confidence. 2-14 teams do not need depth, they need game changers.

BossChief
03-12-2013, 10:57 PM
Also, Welker is 32. No way his payday is more than a painted up 1 or 2 year deal for a reasonable amount.

DJ's left nut
If they like a guy like Amendola...why not make an offer to Danerio Alexander?

He is on an "original pick" tender, so if we sign him we don't give up ANYTHING and if SD decides to tach, it drives the price up for a division rival.

The upside is the guy gives us a few years of healthy play and is a difference maker.

Low risk high reward

Because it will be yet another reminder of how motherfucking awful Scott Pioli was when he let that guy sit on his goddamn couch for weeks while we ran guys like Jerheme !@#$ing Urban on the field.

Jesus I hate that man.

O.city
Hayward Bay would make a shit ton of sense on the outside. You could move Baldwin in the slot to get him away from contact.

Micjones
David Nelson, Danny Amendola, Darrius Heyward-Bey...

Sure, I'll take one of them.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Hayward Bay would make a shit ton of sense on the outside. You could move Baldwin in the slot to get him away from contact.

Baldwin's a long-strider and poor route runner.

He'd be an absolute trash slot receiver. DHB would spell the end of Baldwin, in all likelihood.

CaliforniaChief
03-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Because paying WRs for the work their QB did is a really bad idea when you don't have said QB.

The same argument applied to Welker also applies to Jennings. He's not going to be anywhere near what he was in GB. That's why it was so critical to get Bowe brought back - you know what he can do with shit at QB and it's pretty impressive.

Jennings and Welker....eh, not so much. I think those guys are both decent players but have their production inflated by about 25% due to their situations.

Fair enough (the 25% inflation thing). But still, Wes Welker at 75% of his production under Tom Brady is 932 yards/season and 5 TD's, which for a slot guy is pretty good. He just seems to be a better kind of weapon than Jennings because of who are QB is and the kind of offense we're going to be running.

RunKC
03-12-2013, 11:00 PM

He's too slow to get open so he won't work there IMO.

I think Baldwin might be cut in August.

BossChief
03-12-2013, 11:01 PM

With the types of passes Alex Smith will be throwing the next couple years, a guy like a jennings can be quite productive.

I've accepted that he is gonna be the QB...I don't like it one bit, but they might as well make the best of it and try to put pieces around him that cater to his strengths.

Guys like Jennings are those types of players.

O.city
03-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Baldwin's a long-strider and poor route runner.

He'd be an absolute trash slot receiver. DHB would spell the end of Baldwin, in all likelihood.

He's pretty much a deep threat at this point who hasn't been used to his strengths. I don't really ever envision him being a precise route runner, but he could be a post/go/flag type guy and run some deep outs. He also seems to struggle with the press, so I was using that as a way to get around that, but yea, it wouldn't likely work.

I just think he could be used as a poor mans broken down jock strap Vincent Jackson and be somewhat effective.

O.city
03-12-2013, 11:03 PM
With the types of passes Alex Smith will be throwing the next couple years, a guy like a jennings can be quite productive.

I've accepted that he is gonna be the QB...I don't like it one bit, but they might as well make the best of it and try to put pieces around him that cater to his strengths.

Guys like Jennings are those types of players.

Jennings is gonna cost though, and I'm not sure that if I had to pay that I wouldn't rather wait for the draft and disperse that money to a CB and/or an ILB.

MotherfuckerJones
03-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Jenning's $$ will come down, he hasnt had much interest outside of GB, MIN

BossChief
03-12-2013, 11:05 PM
You know what would be interesting?

Sign Jennings and when we go three wide, put Bowe in the slot.

Jennings and Baldwin on the outside and Bowe in the slot...immediate size and level of play advantage.

CaliforniaChief
03-12-2013, 11:06 PM
If Alex Smith is not a good downfield passer, then we have to acquire/draft playmakers who can create lots of YAC.

BossChief
03-12-2013, 11:07 PM
Jennings is gonna cost though, and I'm not sure that if I had to pay that I wouldn't rather wait for the draft and disperse that money to a CB and/or an ILB.

I don't think Jennings is gonna cost as much as some might think. What he wants and what teams will have o offer are likely to be two completely different things.

I bet Welker and Jennings go for 6-7 per year each.

BossChief
03-12-2013, 11:08 PM
If Alex Smith is not a good downfield passer, then we have to acquire/draft playmakers who can create lots of YAC.

Exactly and a guy like Jennings moves the chains.

MotherfuckerJones
Bowe would be a motherfucker in the slot with his tackle breaking ability

O.city
I don't think Jennings is gonna cost as much as some might think. What he wants and what teams will have o offer are likely to be two completely different things.

I bet Welker and Jennings go for 6-7 per year each.

Sure.

But I'm not completely sure outside of NE and GB they are worth that much.

RunKC
03-12-2013, 11:09 PM
DHB would be a very good signing for us. Solid number 2 WR.

CaliforniaChief
03-12-2013, 11:09 PM
My sense is that the Patriots are just waiting for another team to fly him in for a visit, and then they'll match any offer. That said, I'd be interested in Welker.

But if Jennings was actually available for 6-7 million per year? I'd do that in a heartbeat. I'm guessing he's closer to 9-10 though considering that a team like Minnesota might panic and pay him.

O.city
03-12-2013, 11:10 PM
You know who would fit into the offense pretty well? Tavon Austin.

We dont' have the money to do it I don't think, but instead of paying Sean Smith, I'd call up the Jets and offer them 1.1 for Revis and 1.9. THen I'd try to go down farther and get someones first, 2 and maybe a pick next year in the first or second.

Tavon Austin, Revis, and some of the talent from round 1 that falls to the 2nd would be a pretty good haul.

MotherfuckerJones
03-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Welker for 3 yrs 27 million?

BossChief
03-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Sure.

But I'm not completely sure outside of NE and GB they are worth that much.

Why?

We are gonna run a ball control offense where guys like Jennings can be quite productive.

Especially being that he is a good blocker and we will be throwing a lot of screens, swings and other short throws to the back that require good blocking on the outside to break open.

DJ's left nut
Bowe would be a motherfucker in the slot with his tackle breaking ability

And his body control is superb. Separation or no, it doesn't really matter; he'll flat box you out and fight you off for the football.

That would actually probably work really well.

It would underutilize him to do it often; for as well as he can break tackles out wide - he's not going to throw off 2 LBs and break for the end-zone. However, as a sub package type thing, especially on 3rd downs, you could have a damn nice weapon there.

DJ's left nut

No. Wouldn't even consider it.

Simplicity
03-12-2013, 11:13 PM

We dont' have the money to do it I don't think, but instead of paying Sean Smith, I'd call up the Jets and offer them 1.1 for Revis and 1.9. THen I'd try to go down farther and get someones first, 2 and maybe a pick next year in the first or second.

Tavon Austin, Revis, and some of the talent from round 1 that falls to the 2nd would be a pretty good haul.

That's actually a great idea! I would LOVE Revis / Flowers and Robinson on the outside. Tavon Austin is DEADLY after the catch and on special teams, speed kills.

O.city
03-12-2013, 11:14 PM
Why?

We are gonna run a ball control offense where guys like Jennings can be quite productive.

Especially being that he is a good blocker and we will be throwing a lot of screens, swings and other short throws to the back that require good blocking on the outside to break open.

I just don't see Andy Reid running a ball control offense. He didn't do it with FOles, a rookie 3rd round air raid QB.

I don't see him doing it with Alex Smith.

Frankly, I've talked myself into Alex Smith, partly because of DJ and the fact that I'm just true fanning up. I think he was probably the best option on the market for us.

BossChief
03-12-2013, 11:16 PM

He won't get that much, unless its just a painted deal that is really only a 1 or 2 year deal with little guaranteed money.

The guy is about to be 32 years old.

It's bullshit what the patriots have done with the guy. He takes a lot of monster shots going across the middle and hasn't made jack shit.

The moral thing for NE to do would be to give him a big signing bonus and a fair 2 year deal.

okcchief
03-12-2013, 11:17 PM

The Jets are going to part with Revis to move up 8 spots in a draft that isn't too heavy? You are dreaming dude.

O.city
03-12-2013, 11:17 PM
I'm paying a free agent for what he can do, not what he's done. Which is why free agency is a fickle beast.

A guy like Welker will get less when he's produced more than a guy like Sean Smith who has upside but hasn't produced.

O.city
03-12-2013, 11:18 PM
The Jets are going to part with Revis to move up 8 spots in a draft that isn't too heavy? You are dreaming dude.

They've gotta part with him, for sure. Atleast they are getting something out of it. Givem some BBQ.

MotherfuckerJones
03-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Well you got to overpay Welker for him to leave NE. I dont care to have him that much.

BossChief
03-12-2013, 11:19 PM
I just don't see Andy Reid running a ball control offense. He didn't do it with FOles, a rookie 3rd round air raid QB.

I don't see him doing it with Alex Smith.

Frankly, I've talked myself into Alex Smith, partly because of DJ and the fact that I'm just true fanning up. I think he was probably the best option on the market for us.

I don't think Reid is gonna try to throw the ball 600 times with Alex Smith, but I could be mistaken.

MotherfuckerJones
03-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Throw to score, run to win

O.city
03-12-2013, 11:20 PM
I don't think Reid is gonna try to throw the ball 600 times with Alex Smith, but I could be mistaken.

I just don't think coaches change. Yeah, they might parade around doing things a little different, but they are what they are in the end.

We are gonna chuck it around.

BossChief
03-12-2013, 11:21 PM
Well you got to overpay Welker for him to leave NE. I dont care to have him that much.

Welker isn't going anywhere.

Tom Brady reworked/extended his deal to free up money for Wes and his other teammates.

Anybody that brings Wes in is just giving Wes a number to go back to NE with.

okcchief
03-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Welker would actually be good for the QBs we have. I don't see us offering that much more than NE to bring him here though.

I'm not huge on Jennings after last year. He would be a solid pickup for 6 a year I suppose. I think the Vikings will bid him up after losing Harvin and missing out on Wallace.

Simplicity
03-12-2013, 11:22 PM
We could be a playoff team even if Alex Smith is below average. That's how good our run game is. So if you give Alex Smith some weapons to suceed then that's a contender. Our defense struggled tons last year.

Weapons being: Tavon Austin or Steve Smith or DHB. Even Greg Jennings or Amendola.

okcchief
03-12-2013, 11:23 PM

Tom Brady reworked/extended his deal to free up money for Wes and his other teammates.

Anybody that brings Wes in is just giving I'm a number to go back to NE with.

I tend to agree.

MotherfuckerJones

Anybody that brings Wes in is just giving I'm a number to go back to NE with.

I know he isnt i was just playing along with the scenario

O.city
I was thinking today, imagine what Brees could do if you gave him Harvin in Sproles role?

BossChief
03-12-2013, 11:25 PM

They could get a QB that way.

okcchief
03-12-2013, 11:25 PM
They've gotta part with him, for sure. Atleast they are getting something out of it. Givem some BBQ.

It's going to take more than that. I'm surprised SF hasn't already pulled him in with their five million fucking picks. Sounds like Tampa is pushing hard, and I'm certain they will get a first, multiple picks, or both.

O.city
03-12-2013, 11:26 PM
Then they could dump Tebow, and the other circus freaks and get out from under Sanchez next year.

That trade would obviously only work if there was someone they desperately wanted early.

KC Tattoo
03-12-2013, 11:26 PM
Wish we could hire back Todd Haley just to coach the WRs and see if he can get any thing out of Jon Baldwin.

Oh and see him on the sidelines to yell "Snap the fucking ball Alex"

O.city
03-12-2013, 11:27 PM
It's going to take more than that. I'm surprised SF hasn't already pulled him in with their five million ****ing picks. Sounds like Tampa is pushing hard, and I'm certain they will get a first, multiple picks, or both.

I don't think SF wants him to be honest, I think thats media driven.

I really don't think they'll get more than Harvin drew and I'd be surprised if they got that. THey've really fucked themselves into a corner with Revis.

MotherfuckerJones
03-12-2013, 11:31 PM
Man I would like to get Jennings his injuries and age are a legit concern though

okcchief
03-12-2013, 11:31 PM
I don't think SF wants him to be honest, I think thats media driven.

I really don't think they'll get more than Harvin drew and I'd be surprised if they got that. THey've really fucked themselves into a corner with Revis.

They have definitely devalued their bargaining position, but what Seattle got is better than moving up 8 spots in this draft. Unless someone in the Geno thread is the Jets new GM.

RunKC
03-12-2013, 11:32 PM

I would like this, but I think Revis is on his way to Tampa Bay. Or at least that's what I'm hearing.

O.city
03-12-2013, 11:32 PM
They just signed David Garrard, I'd say they're pretty desperate.

O.city
03-12-2013, 11:33 PM
I would like this, but I think Revis is on his way to Tampa Bay. Or at least that's what I'm hearing.

Eh, I think thats all speculative.

MotherfuckerJones
03-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Would be awesome for the Chiefs and Dorsey to give the NFL and the media the finger and trade for Revis

RunKC
03-12-2013, 11:36 PM
I would love it if we got DHB and drafted Markus Wheaton with our 3rd pick.

Bowe, Charles, Fasano, Moeaki, DHB, Wheaton.

Goddamn those are some good weapons.

O.city
03-12-2013, 11:39 PM
Wheaton and DHB are basically the same, save DHB is actually a solid route runner. Wheaton is gonna take a while in that regard.

O.city
03-12-2013, 11:39 PM
Reid probably thinks he can make Dexter into something.

bluehawkdoc
03-12-2013, 11:40 PM
We (Chiefs) don't give the NFL and the media the finger. We f ourselves instead. That'll show 'em.

MotherfuckerJones
03-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Would f us long term lol but would be interesting to see Flowers and Revis covering guys

BossChief
03-12-2013, 11:49 PM
59 of his 67 receptions were under 20 yards. 88% of his production

406 out of Alex Smiths 445 pass attempts were under 20 yards in the air. 91% of his production.

Seems like a official fit, if the contract demands are a match for wat we would be willing to offer.

BossChief
03-12-2013, 11:54 PM
Those stats were from espn splits from 2011, both players last full year as starter.

RunKC
03-12-2013, 11:54 PM
Reid probably thinks he can make Dexter into something.

Ugh. I hope it works but I doubt it. He's pissed all of us off so much :banghead:

I think he's going to try and use him like he did Westbrook with the screen game.

DTLB58
03-13-2013, 01:08 AM

Hence, Welker, Amendola and don't forget our own Wylie. :thumb:

DTLB58
03-13-2013, 01:13 AM
That's actually a great idea! I would LOVE Revis / Flowers and Robinson on the outside. Tavon Austin is DEADLY after the catch and on special teams, speed kills.

Yep, Reid Loves him some ST players. Kinda surprised we haven't heard Chiefs name associated with Josh Cribbs.

DTLB58
03-13-2013, 01:14 AM
Throw to score, run to win
:thumb:

Jaws is that you? :D

DTLB58
03-13-2013, 01:20 AM

That's what WE are all hearing. It's on twitter.

DTLB58
03-13-2013, 01:24 AM
Ugh. I hope it works but I doubt it. He's pissed all of us off so much :banghead:

I think he's going to try and use him like he did Westbrook with the screen game.

Then he (Dexter) is gonna get killed.

Reid has 3 perfectly good very talented RB's on this team he should be using instead of that shrimp.

Chiefshrink
03-13-2013, 01:47 AM
Would be awesome for the Chiefs and Dorsey to give the NFL and the media the finger and trade for Revis

After getting burnt by the "dream team approach" in Philly at the CB position I doubt it but who knows?

Bump
03-13-2013, 02:07 AM
I'm down for Wes Welker. He was noticed when he was playing for the Dolphins with shit QBs and then everybody says, oh it's just tom brady, welker isn't that good. Bullshit. He's legit. Get him. Alex Smith needs those short passes.