PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Avery Signed

Pages : [1] 2

T-post Tom
03-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Per Schefter

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Former Colts WR Donnie Avery signing with KC Chiefs.

ChiefButthurt
03-13-2013, 10:08 AM
oh great, more disposed of players.

DenverChief
03-13-2013, 10:09 AM
oh great, more disposed of players.

The very definition of free agency?

Vietnam58
03-13-2013, 10:10 AM
the mediocrity continues. . we just improved our chances of achieving our goal of a 6-9-1 record next season..

Detoxing
03-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Our Jason Avant?

Pablo
03-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Puke.

bevischief
03-13-2013, 10:11 AM
How much?

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

Fair to wonder if #Chiefs will put Jon Baldwin on trade block before April's draft. Bust so far has 2 TDs through 26 career games.

DaKCMan AP
print'em.

gblowfish
Hey man, everybody chill. We still have the draft coming. At least these guys are active in free agency. In the past the Chiefs would sit on their wallets. I like the action.

KevB
the mediocrity continues. . we just improved our chances of achieving our goal of a 6-9-1 record next season..

They're filling in the gaping holes left by the previous regime. They don't have a enough money to fill in those gaps with studs across the board. Not sure what you want them to do?

They're creating a baseline of depth, and then they'll (hopefully) draft better players to come in behind these stop-gaps they're signing in free agency in a year or two.

ChiefButthurt
03-13-2013, 10:13 AM
The very definition of free agency?

Okay I'll agree....but, we seem to acquire the group of players that no other team wants. Just once, I'd like us to get into a bidding war and WIN. Hey I have an idea...how about a 5th round draft choice for a good WR...aka Boldin?

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-13-2013, 10:13 AM
They're filling in the gaping holes left by the previous regime. They don't have a enough money to fill in those gaps with studs across the board. Not sure what you want them to do?

They're creating a baseline of depth, and then they'll (hopefully) draft better players to come in behind these stop-gaps they're signing in free agency in a year or two.

Same people bitch last year how this team had no depth. They can never be happy

dingleberry
03-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

Fair to wonder if #Chiefs will put Jon Baldwin on trade block before April's draft. Bust so far has 2 TDs through 26 career games.

if they do this i will be pissed, baldwin has not had a fair chance with the shitty qb's we have trotted out there.

RyFo18
03-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Our Jason Avant?

Poor man's DeSean Jackson. 4.27 speed.

Messier
03-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Chiefs Planet is hilarious around FA time and the draft.

boogblaster
depth cant be bad .. at least we'll have some this year .....

ChiefsLV
if he's cheap, who cares if he's brought in to camp to compete and try to win a spot. He obviously has the speed.

Brooklyn
03-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Just once, I'd like us to get into a bidding war and WIN.

Who cares about the on-field performers? The Chiefs only win when it comes to bidding for fat, over-rated coaches and GMs. Clark means business and got his guy! /sarcasm

DaKCMan AP
03-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Okay I'll agree....but, we seem to acquire the group of players that no other team wants. Just once, I'd like us to get into a bidding war and WIN. Hey I have an idea...how about a 5th round draft choice for a good WR...aka Boldin?

1. We won the bidding war for DeVito & Robinson.

2. Boldin is 3 years older, doesn't add a new skill-set (he's a slower, stronger Bowe), and costs $6mil per year + a draft pick.

RyFo18
03-13-2013, 10:18 AM

And if we signed a big name guy like Mike Wallace you'd complain we paid him too much.

Championships are never won in free agency.

DenverChief
03-13-2013, 10:19 AM

Boldin has maybe 2 years left in him - I get what you are saying - but bidding wars typically end with someone severely overpaying

KC Tattoo
03-13-2013, 10:20 AM
Baldwin needs to step it up this year big time if he wants to stick around.

Bowser
03-13-2013, 10:20 AM

Because we all really wanted Devon Wylie to be our deep threat at receiver.

ceebz
03-13-2013, 10:21 AM
I have no problem with signing Avery. As long as the compensation is reasonable, unlike yesterday's signings.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 10:21 AM
I like it; very nice addition and complement to Bowe.

A poor man's DeSean Jackson is just fine, seeing as how we have a rich man's Jeremy Maclin in Bowe. And honestly, if I had to choose which type of WR I'd rather throw the big money at, it would be the Bowe style of physical WR.

Like yesterday, however, when I had to turn heel quickly on Fasano after the terms were announced, I'm going to wait until we confirm that we aren't giving this guy $7 million/yr.

At 3/10, I'd be content, especially if we're looking at 2/$5 guaranteed.

Douche Baggins
03-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Avery led the league in drop rate.

jd1020
03-13-2013, 10:23 AM

He'll fit in fine.

Mr. Laz

oh please, were aren't filling anything.

Matt Cassel - Alex Smith
Glenn Dorsey - Mike DeVito
Steve Breaston - John Avery
Brady Quinn - Chase Daniels
Standford Routt - Dunta Robinson

we just spent 40 million for such minuscule upgrades that they might as well not even happened.

Chiefs fans better hope that Andy Reid is a huge upgrade over Haley/Crennel or the team is going to be almost exactly the same.

ChiefsandO'sfan

More PFF stats?

bigjosh006
03-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Avery is a solid player. You people were saying you wanted dhb last night.this guy is just as fast, better hands and probably alot cheaper.

RyFo18
03-13-2013, 10:24 AM

This he did...you're never going to get a perfect veteran WR though unless you throw him an assload of money.

BigCatDaddy
03-13-2013, 10:25 AM
Now we just need to find a QB that can throw it deep to him.

RyFo18
03-13-2013, 10:25 AM

Matt Cassel - Alex Smith

we just spent 40 million for such minuscule upgrades that they might as well not even happened.

Chiefs fans better hope that Andy Reid is a huge upgrade over Haley/Crennel or the team is going to be almost exactly the same.

So would you have rather not addressed those needs and saved money?

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 10:26 AM

Matt Cassel - Alex Smith

You'll have to forgive me, but when someone gets 40% of the names he's bitching about wrong, I'm not terribly inclined to worry about his perception of said player's ability.

T-post Tom
03-13-2013, 10:26 AM
Adding speed to the roster and opening up draft options. Kudos to the new regime for a good start on reshaping the roster. And doing it without a migration of ex-NE no-names. Big transformation from last opening day already. Errbody give it up for the Clarks.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Avery is a solid player. You people were saying you wanted dhb last night.this guy is just as fast, better hands and probably alot cheaper.

He doesn't have better hands. He has equally bad hands.

But he does profile better as a slot receiver; he's quicker in and out of his breaks and you're right, probably comes a little cheaper.

He's a nice get.

suds79
03-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Baldwin needs to step it up this year big time if he wants to stick around.

Yeah.

I don't know where he fits in if Baldwin isn't and outside guy. He doesn't strike me as a slot guy.

I think he could be let go when it's all said & done.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Like yesterday, however, when I had to turn heel quickly on Fasano after the terms were announced, I'm going to wait until we confirm that we aren't giving this guy $7 million/yr.

Martellus Bennett, a guy has had a tendency to become fat and lazy, signed in Chicago for $5 million per. Gonzalez wanted $7 million for his final season.

I think that $4 million per for Fasano, considering his production with less than stellar QB's over the years, is just about right on the money.

DaKCMan AP
03-13-2013, 10:28 AM
You'll have to forgive me, but when someone gets 40% of the names he's bitching about wrong, I'm not terribly inclined to worry about his perception of said player's ability.

:LOL:

Maybe he confused Donnie Avery with the failed Dolphins RB circa 1999? Closer than if he called him Donnie Wahlberg, I guess.

okcchief
03-13-2013, 10:29 AM
People bitching about this move are just assholes. I hated the Alex Smith move, but nothing else has been that bad. People that think they are going to pickup Welker in the slot or Jennings at the other wideout need to return to their fantasy leagues. Not going to happen with Bowes contract. They are filling holes. The only problem is we don't have a QB, but that doesn't make all other moves shit.

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Chiefs adding Donnie Avery
Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 13, 2013, 12:25 PM EDT
Donnie Avery AP

The first wide receiver taken in the 2008 NFL Draft is moving on to the team that holds the No. 1 pick in April’s draft.

The Chiefs have agreed to a deal with Colts free agent wide receiver Donnie Avery, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Wednesday.

The 28-year-old Avery caught 60 passes for 781 yards and three touchdowns for Indianapolis in 2012. You may recall his last-play, game-winning dash to beat the Lions in Detroit in December.

Avery adds another playmaking presence to a Chiefs wide receiver corps led by Dwayne Bowe. Third-year wideout Jon Baldwin has also shown some flashes of promise.

Avery has rebounded well from a 2010 knee injury that kept him off the field for a season. He signed with the Colts last March after stints with the Rams (who drafted him) and the Titans.

Douche Baggins
03-13-2013, 10:30 AM
But anyway, FU McCluster.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/avery.gif

DaKCMan AP
03-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Martellus Bennett, a guy has had a tendency to become fat and lazy, signed in Chicago for $5 million per. Gonzalez wanted $7 million for his final season.

I think that $4 million per for Fasano, considering his production with less than stellar QB's over the years, is just about right on the money.

Martellus Bennett has never reached his potential. Neither has Kellen Davis, whom the Bears replaced with Bennett.

I've seen Fasano quite a bit over the last few years and he's a very solid player. The only other FA TE I'd be interested in (Fred Davis is going to get paid more than he's worth) is Dustin Keller, but Fasano is the better all-around player.

DaKCMan AP
03-13-2013, 10:32 AM
People bitching about this move are just assholes. I hated the Alex Smith move, but nothing else has been that bad. People that think they are going to pickup Welker in the slot or Jennings at the other wideout need to return to their fantasy leagues. Not going to happen with Bowes contract. They are filling holes. The only problem is we don't have a QB, but that doesn't make all other moves shit.

+1. The Alex Smith trade is Fail. If they didn't do that I'd say the rest of the offseason moves grade out well.

DJ's left nut

And like DeVito, my consternation comes with paying 'market' rates for guys that just aren't that useful for this team at this time. (For the record, the Bears were idiots to give Bennett that kind of money; he's going to be a mess, especially with Brandon Marshall as his running partners).

Fasano's a damn nice player; I like him. But I don't see how you justify paying for a $4 million insurance policy when you have so many holes already. I also don't see how they would be wise to move on from Moeaki when he finally looked to be coming back around as the season wound down last year.

DeVito is a fine player if you're getting push elsewhere on your line but the Chiefs aren't. He just doesn't fit the guys we already have. He's redundant and even at market value, he just isn't someone you should be paying for.

jd1020

More like FU Cassel, Smith, Daniel, Stanzi!

ceebz
03-13-2013, 10:33 AM

Too bad Smith can't make any of those throws.

bevischief
03-13-2013, 10:34 AM
:popcorn:

tony77

Exactly. I wish more here had your logic.

suds79
+1. The Alex Smith trade is Fail. If they didn't do that I'd say the rest of the offseason moves grade out well.

Yep. Completely agree.

QB? Meh we're reduced to hoping he can have a Rich Gannon type of career now.

Everything else? Pretty solid on the moves thus far.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 10:35 AM

I have no idea how people can bitch about this move.

He's exactly what we needed opposite of Bowe and haven't had in Bowe's entire career. If he's on the field, he's going to be a damn nice weapon for us.

Direckshun
Just once, I'd like us to get into a bidding war and WIN.

Alex Smith.

HemiEd
The only problem is we don't have a QB, but that doesn't make all other moves shit.

Yes, yes it does. It makes it the same old shit.

mcaj22
03-13-2013, 10:36 AM
what's the numbers

im not good at the WR market so Ill guess 3 years 9.5 million for this steamy turd

chiefscafan
03-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Actually five teams were interested in devito we offered more

Also all the chase Daniel hate six teams wanted him too

That's a bidding war

I love Avery pickup not sure our qbs can hit him in stride though

Douche Baggins
03-13-2013, 10:37 AM
I have no idea how people can bitch about this move.

He's exactly what we needed opposite of Bowe and haven't had in Bowe's entire career. If he's on the field, he's going to be a damn nice weapon for us.

Well, I like him, but I wonder about two things:

1. That's a lot of drops.

2. How much were his stats inflated by playing on a team that threw it 628 times? We're not throwing it that much.

We'll see, but he certainly excites me more than any other WR on the roster that isn't Bowe.

And I'm hopeful that he's the fucking death of Dexter McCluster.

jd1020
03-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Well, I like him, but I wonder about two things:

1. That's a lot of drops.

2. How much were his stats inflated by playing on a team that threw it 628 times? We're not throwing it that much.

We'll see, but he certainly excites me more than any other WR on the roster that isn't Bowe.

And I'm hopeful that he's the fucking death of Dexter McCluster.

Reid loves him some McCluster.

Is Avery suppose to be a slot? Seems more like a wideout.

mcaj22
03-13-2013, 10:40 AM
Avery played the #2 opposite of Reggie Wayne

TY Hilton was their slot.

So essentially he's gotta beat out Jon Baldwin. And if he does, that's really sad for Baldwin, cause that makes Baldwin, a first round pick, WR4 on the depth chart lol.

Douche Baggins
03-13-2013, 10:41 AM

Avery isn't a slot WR, but one more WR who's > McCluster is good enough for me.

Fight for your job you little worthless midget.

Frankie
03-13-2013, 10:41 AM

You guys look down quickly. One of you has his pants on fire.

mcaj22
03-13-2013, 10:42 AM
avery is not fighting with mccluster hes fighting with baldwin. mccluster has his position given to him on a silver platter

ChiefMojo
03-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Avery is a outside speed receiver, not a slot.

saphojunkie
03-13-2013, 10:43 AM

He's a wideout. Baldwin will be in the slot, backing up Avery, cut or traded.

buddha
Hey man, everybody chill. We still have the draft coming. At least these guys are active in free agency. In the past the Chiefs would sit on their wallets. I like the action.

This...great points.

Jayhawk Chief
I don't have a problem with any of these moves. In fact, I like every one of them.

I like Dorsey. We may have a stud GM.

philfree
03-13-2013, 10:45 AM

Carl would be on vacation and waiting on the second wave.

jd1020
03-13-2013, 10:45 AM

Baldwin in the slot?

I think he hasn't been given a fair chance with the 1 read Bowe or checkdown passing offense since his draft but he's not quick enough.

Exoter175
03-13-2013, 10:46 AM
I was really hoping we were going to target a solid slot receiver in free agency, Avery isn't that guy. Might as well have signed DHB.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2013, 10:47 AM
And like DeVito, my consternation comes with paying 'market' rates for guys that just aren't that useful for this team at this time. (For the record, the Bears were idiots to give Bennett that kind of money; he's going to be a mess, especially with Brandon Marshall as his running partners).

Fasano's a damn nice player; I like him. But I don't see how you justify paying for a $4 million insurance policy when you have so many holes already. I also don't see how they would be wise to move on from Moeaki when he finally looked to be coming back around as the season wound down last year.

DeVito is a fine player if you're getting push elsewhere on your line but the Chiefs aren't. He just doesn't fit the guys we already have. He's redundant and even at market value, he just isn't someone you should be paying for.

I think what's lost on many people is that this franchise has not only been shit n the field for the past six years, but that their reputation as a solid organization committed to winning has taken a massive hit in league circles.

So, the result is that the Chiefs have to pay top dollar in order to attract serviceable players and make a concerted effort to put a non-losing, respectable team on the field.

Do you think Paul Kruger was worth $40 million? LeVitre worth $40 million? Des Bryant worth $7 million per? Of course not. But Cleveland has a perception problem, Tennessee has a perception problem, as does KC.

Not signing guys like DeVito, Fasano, Robinson and Avery would have hurt their image far more than slightly overpaying.

sedated
03-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Didn't this guy tear his ACL a year or two ago when he was with STL? I remember him being ready for a break-out year right when that happened.

Last year isn’t much reason for excitement – on a team often playing from behind and looking for a WR, ANY WR…he put up two 100 yard games (plus one 90 yard game), but the rest were in the 30s. 3 TDs.

PhillyChiefFan
03-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Avery played the #2 opposite of Reggie Wayne

TY Hilton was their slot.

So essentially he's gotta beat out Jon Baldwin. And if he does, that's really sad for Baldwin, cause that makes Baldwin, a first round pick, WR4 on the depth chart lol.

And would provide further proof of Pioli's incompetence. As if you would need it if you took a look at the current state of the Chiefs hull in the 2009 draft.

Douche Baggins
03-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Didn't this guy tear his ACL a year or two ago when he was with STL? I remember him being ready for a break-out year right when that happened.

Last year isn’t much reason for excitement – on a team often playing from behind and looking for a WR, ANY WR…he put up two 100 yard games (plus one 90 yard game), but the rest were in the 30s. 3 TDs.

This team has literally ZERO starting NFL wide receiver talent outside Dwayne Bowe.

Signing a guy who had almost 800 yards is a good pickup.

silver5liter
03-13-2013, 10:51 AM
This team has literally ZERO starting NFL wide receiver talent outside Dwayne Bowe.

Signing a guy who had almost 800 yards is a good pickup.

People will bitch about anything

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Yeah, Avery's played the #2 WR role for his career, but his skills are perfectly suited for the slot.

He's slight enough that he was susceptible to the jam at the line, but by moving him inside, he can utilized that lightening first step of his to avoid the jam altogether and get free. He's extremely quick in his cuts and very agile in general.

He doesn't have those 'glue' hands you'd like to see in a slot guy, but if he did he wouldn't be signing a #2 deal.

I think the WR corps works better with Baldwin at the 2 and Avery as the slot. You have the best combination of talents that way.

silver5liter
03-13-2013, 10:52 AM
Hes the deep threat we need. Even if hes just a decoy to draw defenders. Dude ran a 4.27 at the combine. He probably lost some speed with his injury but he ran a FREAKING 4.27

Douche Baggins
03-13-2013, 10:54 AM
I think the WR corps works better with Baldwin at the 2 and Avery as the slot. You have the best combination of talents that way.

You could also start Avery and move him to the slot in 3 WR formations, since Baldwin would be a terrible fit there.

Get Baldwin to run off the coverage, Bowe running intermediate routes and Avery running the drag underneath.

I can live with that.

Rudy lost the toss
03-13-2013, 10:54 AM
I like this signing. He stayed healthy last year and could be a fine player for the chiefs.

Simplicity
03-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Alright, this one really ****ing set me off... tf? Whatta bout ****ing DHB?

silver5liter
03-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Alright, this one really ****ing set me off... tf? Whatta bout ****ing DHB?

Donnie Avery is arguably better.

Ace Gunner
03-13-2013, 10:57 AM
I think what's lost on many people is that this franchise has not only been shit n the field for the past six years, but that their reputation as a solid organization committed to winning has taken a massive hit in league circles.

So, the result is that the Chiefs have to pay top dollar in order to attract serviceable players and make a concerted effort to put a non-losing, respectable team on the field.

Do you think Paul Kruger was worth $40 million? LeVitre worth $40 million? Des Bryant worth $7 million per? Of course not. But Cleveland has a perception problem, Tennessee has a perception problem, as does KC.

Not signing guys like DeVito, Fasano, Robinson and Avery would have hurt their image far more than slightly overpaying.

yep.

KC Tattoo
03-13-2013, 10:58 AM
I like this better than if we got Douche Heyward-Bey.

Simplicity
03-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Okay so maybe not DHB? Is this the only guy out there? Who else is still FA wide out?

ceebz
03-13-2013, 11:02 AM
Avery will make a nice decoy on 3rd and long.

Simplicity
03-13-2013, 11:02 AM
Hes the deep threat we need. Even if hes just a decoy to draw defenders. Dude ran a 4.27 at the combine. He probably lost some speed with his injury but he ran a FREAKING 4.27

So did Tavon Austin...? Why not just wait to draft him? No injuries either.

Ace Gunner
03-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Donnie Avery is arguably better.
I agree -- Avery is a bit more aggressive and sharper in routes.

jd1020
03-13-2013, 11:03 AM

Another midget, YAY!

BTW, you drafting him #1? Because he's not falling to 3.1.

silver5liter
03-13-2013, 11:04 AM

Because Tavon Austin will be gone in the first round? Is that a serious question?

mcaj22
03-13-2013, 11:06 AM
your skill starters are pretty much set

WR1- Bowe
WR2- Avery
TE- Fasano
HB - Charles
FB - Slapdick
QB - Turdstain

Simplicity
03-13-2013, 11:06 AM
Because Tavon Austin will be gone in the first round? Is that a serious question?

Pick him the 1st pick... We have nothing else to spend it on... They are all turds, mine as well get the fast turd.

scott free
03-13-2013, 11:07 AM
He's proven a helluva lot more than both Baldwin and McCluster... a clear upgrade with nice speed, i like it.

jd1020
Pick him the 1st pick... We have nothing else to spend it on... They are all turds, mine as well get the fast turd.

Idiot.

Hoover
Avery is old and slow.

Signed Chiefsplanet.com experts.

MahiMike
03-13-2013, 11:08 AM
4.27 speed. If nothing else, a very nice decoy.

Thig Lyfe
Man, I just don't give a shit about any of these signings. The Alex Smith trade musta really depressed the fuck out of me. Even signing Bowe wasn't enough to lift me out of it.

Simplicity
Idiot.

Enlighten me, who should we pick? ****ing stoked to hear this one.

scho63
Same people bitch last year how this team had no depth. They can never be happy

:thumb:
So true-we have quite a few posters that haven't uttered a positive comment in the last 5 years.

Let's see how things play out first, then you might have a right to bitch. Until then, they should all quit their silly whining like little girls.

WV
03-13-2013, 11:09 AM
I like this better than bringing in Fasano.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 11:09 AM
You could also start Avery and move him to the slot in 3 WR formations, since Baldwin would be a terrible fit there.

Get Baldwin to run off the coverage, Bowe running intermediate routes and Avery running the drag underneath.

I can live with that.

Exactly.

You give Avery a chance to unseat Baldwin as the starting #2 (a distinct possibility). If he does, then whenever there are 2 on the field, Avery's your #2 wideout.

When you go to a 3 WR set, Avery slides in the middle and Baldwin is your #2.

That would be asking a lot of Avery; he'd need to learn quite a few routes. But if he can do it, man he'd be a nice weapon.

mcaj22
03-13-2013, 11:10 AM
this isnt "depth"

these stop gaps are all starters pushing out awful Scooter draft picks or at least being real competition for them to earn their starting jobs.

so it's really a win-win if you hate all draft picks Scooter like me.

jd1020
03-13-2013, 11:10 AM

Anyone but another fucking 5'9 180lb slot receiver who's like the 3rd best WR in the draft.

Simplicity
03-13-2013, 11:12 AM
Anyone but another ****ing 5'9 180lb slot receiver who's like the 3rd best WR in the draft.

3rd best? But the most explosive and game changing... The kid is a stud.

Deberg_1990
03-13-2013, 11:12 AM
1300 yards Bowe
Avery 700 yards
Baldwin 500 yards
TEs 500 yards
RB and other Wrs 500

Championship!

YayMike
03-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Exactly.

You give Avery a chance to unseat Baldwin as the starting #2 (a distinct possibility). If he does, then whenever there are 2 on the field, Avery's your #2 wideout.

When you go to a 3 WR set, Avery slides in the middle and Baldwin is your #2.

That would be asking a lot of Avery; he'd need to learn quite a few routes. But if he can do it, man he'd be a nice weapon.

I agree, and I think this is a solid pickup. Addresses the speed need we have, and pushes Baldwin.

So far, i'm impressed with how they are addressing the team.

ChiefsCountry
03-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Chiefs offseason has been good expect for the fail that is Alex Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie
03-13-2013, 11:17 AM

Tavon Mousetin is a light weight midget. Avery has size over him. Plus he doesn't cost the 2nd rounder we no longer have.

Frankie
03-13-2013, 11:19 AM
Another midget, YAY!

BTW, you drafting him #1? Because he's not falling to 3.1.

Or this. :D

Frankie
03-13-2013, 11:20 AM

WR1- Bowe
WR2- Avery
TE- Fasano
HB - Charles
FB - Slapdick
QB - Turdstain

Cassel will not be starting.

Canofbier
03-13-2013, 11:22 AM
Good signing with the chance for some serious upside. It'll be interesting to see how Reid plans to use him - will he be asking Smith to hit him on streaks/sideline fades (not sure of Smith's ability to do this), or will he be a slot weapon expected to bring YAC?

mcaj22
03-13-2013, 11:22 AM
smith trying to throw a streak or fade will most likely end up in an interception lol which is why he just takes the sack instead

Frankie
03-13-2013, 11:24 AM

Sharrif Floyd. Or trade down. Both better options at 1.1 than little Mousetin.

Thig Lyfe
03-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Cassel will not be starting.

Right. We traded for Turdstain so we could get rid of Cumfart.

notorious
03-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Baldfail is shaking is his boots.

Canofbier
03-13-2013, 11:28 AM
smith trying to throw a streak or fade will most likely end up in an interception lol which is why he just takes the sack instead

How do we even know? I don't recall ever even seeing him try in Harbaugh's offense.

BigCatDaddy
03-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Avery is old and slow.

Signed Chiefsplanet.com experts.

link?

FishingRod
03-13-2013, 11:30 AM
He's proven a helluva lot more than both Baldwin and McCluster... a clear upgrade with nice speed, i like it.

He did rank 2 spots higher than Bowe in my FFL LOL

unnecessary drama
03-13-2013, 11:32 AM

LMAOLMAOLMAO

dtrain
03-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Adding speed to the roster and opening up draft options. Kudos to the new regime for a good start on reshaping the roster. And doing it without a migration of ex-NE no-names. Big transformation from last opening day already. Errbody give it up for the Clarks.

Exactly! I don't know why all the all the unemployed GM's on here aren't employed somewhere building a Super Bowl team!

A Salt Weapon
03-13-2013, 11:35 AM
I like this signing. Bowe, Baldwin, and Avery is a decent WR corps. Worst case it still opens up lanes for Charles.

BigCatDaddy
03-13-2013, 11:36 AM
Exactly! I don't know why all the all the unemployed GM's on here aren't employed somewhere building a Super Bowl team!

I'd bet there are quite a few people on this board that could have GM'd the Chiefs to at least 2 wins in their 4th year on the job.

DJ's left nut

The funny thing about Smith deep balls is that many of them were actually overthrown. He'd loft them out there and Crabtree (who has zero afterburners) wasn't able to run under them. Smith wasn't precise enough with them either.

Kaepernick could get deep to Crabtree because he could just fire the sumbitch 50 yards downfield on a string and Crabtree/Davis could pull it down. Maybe a 'run under it' guy like Avery would actually be far more effective a deep threat for someone like Smith who needs to put air under the ball to get it downfield.

Bootlegged
What's not to like? The usual suspects bitching for no apparent reason other than sperm build-up.

Cannibal
03-13-2013, 11:47 AM

WR1- Bowe
WR2- Avery
TE- Fasano
HB - Charles
FB - Slapdick
QB - Turdstain

LOL, gotta admit that was funny, despite me being tired of the bitching.

BigCatDaddy
03-13-2013, 11:58 AM
I see people bitching about people bitching, but I don't see anyone bitching to bitch about :shrug:

ct
03-13-2013, 12:01 PM

this.

bunch of whiney biatches in here

jimw51
03-13-2013, 12:04 PM
They would not be happy in any case. they held their breath to get their way when they were children.

BoneKrusher
03-13-2013, 12:07 PM
fwiw, i'm just glad to see some action for a change.

philfree
03-13-2013, 12:08 PM

WR1- Bowe
WR2- Avery
TE- Fasano
HB - Charles
FB - Slapdick
QB - Turdstain

I think we found a good FB late last season. I can't think of his name...the pro golfers brother. DeMarco!

PGM
03-13-2013, 12:20 PM

I moved him to TE in Madden and had to rename him Gonzo Gates

WayneBowe
03-13-2013, 12:22 PM
I moved him to TE in Madden and had to rename him Gonzo Gates

I ruin peoples days when I put Baldwin at TE in Madden. It's glorius.

Inmem58
03-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Chiefs is his 4th team lol.

We sure got ourselves a huge offensive threat lmao

PGM
03-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Well there's your "burner". Oh, the bitching is still commencing. Carry on.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-13-2013, 12:34 PM
if they do this i will be pissed, baldwin has not had a fair chance with the shitty qb's we have trotted out there.

How do his chances improve with "elite" talent like Fuck-O Smyth and Daniel? See ya' Johnny.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mavericks Ace
03-13-2013, 12:34 PM

sighs. I love open ended comments like this. Hes on his fourth TEAM!!!

Never mind that he was a promising rookie with the rams, and got hurt. Never mind that he was decently productive last year, but they have a rookie in TY Hilton that does essentially the same job, and decided rather than pay him to let him find a job else where.

Hes a stretch the field guy who will further more open up the underneathe stuff for fasano and moeaki.

DaKCMan AP
03-13-2013, 12:38 PM

If the Chiefs acquired Brandon Marshall they'd be his 4th team, therefore he sucks.
Chiefs were Andre Rison's 6th team. He was terrible.
Chiefs were Eddie Kennison's 5th team. Garbage.

herp derp

Idiot.

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

WR Donnie Avery's deal with the Chiefs is 3 years, just over $11 M. Gives them depth and competition on the outside.

Not bad at all

Inmem58
If the Chiefs acquired Brandon Marshall they'd be his 4th team, therefore he sucks.

herp derp

Idiot.

I'd take Avery over Marshall

Just Passin' By

herp derp

Idiot.

Brandon Marshall's been a pain in the ass and a locker room problem, which is why he's on his 3rd team despite his talent.

Idiot.

JohnnyHammersticks
03-13-2013, 12:46 PM
Why can't the Chiefs just go out and buy All-Pros at EVERY SINGLE POSITION on the team--like EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE NFL does???

Instead, they go out and dick around and get solid, cap-friendly players at positions of need. IDIOTS!

Sincerely,

Chiefs Planet GMs

-King-
03-13-2013, 12:47 PM

:spock:

Are you dumb?

Bootlegged
03-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

WR Donnie Avery's deal with the Chiefs is 3 years, just over $11 M. Gives them depth and competition on the outside.

Not bad at all

Good deal. Maybe we can get another and dump Baldwin or move him to 5 tech DE.

-King-
03-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

Not bad at all

GREAT deal.

DaKCMan AP
03-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Brandon Marshall's been a pain in the ass and a locker room problem, which is why he's on his 3rd team despite his talent.

Idiot.

Listen you insignificant douche, Brandon Lloyd lead the NFL in receiving while playing on his 4th NFL team. Was he a locker room problem, too?

Bigger idiot.

Cmd'r&Chief
03-13-2013, 12:56 PM
I'm content with this signing

Pestilence
03-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Well....I have to think that Baldwin is gone soon.

Inmem58
03-13-2013, 12:59 PM

I would be fucking pissed

-King-
03-13-2013, 01:03 PM

I doubt it.

Canofbier
03-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

Not bad at all

Very reasonable.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 01:06 PM
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

Not bad at all

I was hoping for 3/$10; this is close enough.

Good signing with the potential to be an outstanding one of he's able to play 40+ games over the life of the deal.

Sorter
03-13-2013, 01:20 PM

http://i.imgur.com/3mvpv47.gif

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 01:33 PM

And yet again, everyone that voted for you as Noob of the year is retarded.

I'd take Marshall over Bowe. Marshall is no worse than the 4th most talented WR in the NFL; he's a freakin' stud.

bsp4444
03-13-2013, 01:35 PM
What's Jon Baldwin's worth? 3rd rounder?

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 01:36 PM
What's Jon Baldwin's worth? 3rd rounder?

5th.

CoMoChief
03-13-2013, 01:36 PM
This guy's not a bad WR....he just can't ever stay healthy...hopfeully that changes.

He's better than Baldwin, Gilyard, McClusterfuck,

unlurking
03-13-2013, 01:46 PM
And yet again, everyone that voted for you as Noob of the year is retarded.

I'd take Marshall over Bowe. Marshall is no worse than the 4th most talented WR in the NFL; he's a freakin' stud.
Hey now, I was promised a lot of casino cash!!!

:D

lcarus
03-13-2013, 01:47 PM

We could always trade down. We'd avoid drafting fuckin Joeckel and we'd also get something out of trading the pick.

Pestilence
03-13-2013, 01:48 PM
5th.

Let's trade the Vikings Baldwin and Cassel.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Let's trade the Vikings Baldwin and Cassel.

Let's just keep Baldwin and cut Cassel.

I'd rather see what I have and cut him next season if he doesn't work out than trade him for a 5th. The gamble is worth the upside.

Sorter
03-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Hey now, I was promised a lot of casino cash!!!

:D

"Terrell Davis, we would have matched the offer" /John Elway.

Pestilence
03-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Let's just keep Baldwin and cut Cassel.

I'd rather see what I have and cut him next season if he doesn't work out than trade him for a 5th. The gamble is worth the upside.

Oh....it was a joke.....at least the Baldwin portion was.

I think he's untapped potential.

milkman
03-13-2013, 02:09 PM
At the end of the day, Dorsey has approached free agency in much the way I've always felt it is best utilized.

You sign guys that can help you establish respectability as you build your roster for winning with the draft.

Donnie Avery is a guy that hasn't been able to reach his potential due to injuury.

If he can stay healthy, he could really blossom and surprise.

Other than Alex Smith, I have no complaints.

Stad
03-13-2013, 02:10 PM
People will bitch about anything

Agreed. I think this is a great pick up.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2013, 02:15 PM

Whoa

unlurking
03-13-2013, 02:21 PM
"Terrell Davis, we would have matched the offer" /John Elway.
http://www.petetheplanner.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/head_shake.gif

Sorter
03-13-2013, 02:25 PM
At the end of the day, Dorsey has approached free agency in much the way I've always felt it is best utilized.

You sign guys that can help you establish respectability as you build your roster for winning with the draft.

Donnie Avery is a guy that hasn't been able to reach his potential due to injuury.

I hate the Devito signing.

Sorter
03-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Whoa

ROFL

Pestilence
03-13-2013, 02:26 PM

It basically signifies that we aren't going 1 gap.

ChiTown
03-13-2013, 02:27 PM

Agreed. But the Alex Smith signing is just WTF bad.:facepalm:

milkman
03-13-2013, 02:28 PM

Eh...We basically traded Dorsey for DeVito.

It is what it is.

Sorter
03-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Eh...We basically traded Dorsey for DeVito.

It is what it is.

I'd have rather burned 1.1 on Richardson if we aren't getting a QB.

milkman
03-13-2013, 02:35 PM

I actually think these moves make it more likely that we take Richardson or Floyd, rather than a LT.

We have Allen and Donaldson that can be played at RT.

We don't have the 1 gap D-Lineman on our roster.

DeVito and Jackson are the rotatinal run stuffers.

Sorter
03-13-2013, 02:36 PM
I actually think these moves make it more likely that we take Richardson or Floyd, rather than a LT.

DeVito's price tag seems awfully expensive for a 1 down player who is only competent against the run.

Pestilence
03-13-2013, 02:42 PM

I heard that Stephen Donaldson is going to be a damn fine RT. LMAO

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 02:42 PM

Trade to 8 and take the best guy available. That is likely going to be Richardson, but things could break funny and it could be Fisher. Or even Milliner. It could be Patterson. If everything went to absolute hell it would still be Lane Johnson.

There's going to be a guy that's a great fit for us there if we trade back. I think the Bills would give up next year's first to move up. We'd be 'losing' the trade but winning the return.

DeezNutz
03-13-2013, 02:44 PM
I'll laugh my ass off if we come away from this off-season with Daniel and Richardson.

We'll have a loser who is a "winner," and a "winner" who is a motherfucking losing piece fucking fuck.

Pestilence
03-13-2013, 02:44 PM
Potential teams to trade up for a LT: Eagles, Cardinals, Lions
Potential teams to trade up for a QB: Bills, Cardinals

Messier
03-13-2013, 02:45 PM
DeVito's price tag seems awfully expensive for a 1 down player who is only competent against the run.

He's a three down player.

Sorter
Trade to 8 and take the best guy available. That is likely going to be Richardson, but things could break funny and it could be Fisher. Or even Milliner. It could be Patterson. If everything went to absolute hell it would still be Lane Johnson.

There's going to be a guy that's a great fit for us there if we trade back. I think the Bills would give up next year's first to move up. We'd be 'losing' the trade but winning the return.

The one year we get 1.1 and we refuse to take a QB. Unbelievable.

DJ's left nut
Potential teams to trade up for a LT: Eagles, Cardinals, Lions
Potential teams to trade up for a QB: Bills, Cardinals, Eagles, Raiders

FYP

Sorter
03-13-2013, 02:49 PM

No he fucking isn't. LMAO

Pestilence
03-13-2013, 02:51 PM
FYP

It's sad to say...because we're not taking him....but I'd be fine with trading down to #4 so the Eagles can draft him.

Sorter
03-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Just because he played 3 downs in NY doesn't mean he's an effective 3 down player. He probably couldn't get a rip against a wounded Jeff Allen.

He's an ineffective pass rusher and given the way the game emphasizes throwing the football, he's a 1 down player.

Who the Chiefs are paying 4M for.

Yay!

Messier
03-13-2013, 02:52 PM
No he ****ing isn't. LMAO

He is and was.

KevB
03-13-2013, 02:53 PM

Exactly how I see it. There's "value" at 8, notsomuch at 1. Bills desperate for a QB. If not Geno, then who? Matt Flynn? Ryan Mallett? Nassib? They need someone to sell to their fans. Geno is that guy. They can also sell giving away their 1st next year and a mid round pick this year if it's to get their QBOTF.

Sorter
03-13-2013, 02:53 PM
He is and was.

I just have to laugh.

Messier
03-13-2013, 02:54 PM
That is why some many people liked this move, and people never like Chiefs moves. He's very versatile. They played him inside on pass downs and he consistently held up two blockers.

mcaj22
03-13-2013, 02:57 PM
no, they didnt play him inside

they took him completely out of the nickel and pass rush situations last season when they drafted Quinton Coples, his pass rushing replacement

Wilkerson and Coples slid to the inside and Pace and those turds rushed the edges

he was 100 percent a part time player. Like a DH in baseball or 7th man in the NBA. if that

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Exactly how I see it. There's "value" at 8, notsomuch at 1. Bills desperate for a QB. If not Geno, then who? Matt Flynn? Ryan Mallett? Nassib? They need someone to sell to their fans. Geno is that guy. They can also sell giving away their 1st next year and a mid round pick this year if it's to get their QBOTF.

I know people are down on Alex Smith, but jesus, he's the best non-Geno option available and by a TON. There's just crap on crap out there this year.

Mallett's the last of the true wild-cards. He could be had for a 2nd easily. My hope is that the Browns decide to send a pick to NE for him and Parcell's does his boy Lombardi a solid. At that point, just exactly what choices do the Bills have? I guess Flynn.

And all Mallett's done is not prove that he's terrible. We sit here and watch teams like the Patriots draft QBs that slide late then hide them on the bench where they can't show that they unquivocally suck...then trade them for significantly more than they sacrificed to get them.

And yet somehow, some way, Scott Pioli never thought to try it himself with a guy like Foles.

Fuck I hate that man.

Sorter
03-13-2013, 02:59 PM
That is why some many people liked this move, and people never like Chiefs moves. He's very versatile. They played him inside on pass downs and he consistently held up two blockers.

*facepalm*

On "passing downs" typically, your playcall doesn't involve 2gap principles. You're slanting, using shades, or loops and other various stunts.

Your DL aren't supposed to "hold up blockers" in your sub packages or on "passing downs" (this is quoted because more teams pass on 1st down than run IIRC).

Nobody who understands how the game is evolving and how you need to have guys at the 3 tech who can provide a pass rush are happy with this move.

FFS, Allen Bailey is a better pass rusher at the 3 than DeVito. JFC.

DJ's left nut

Dafuq?

Mike DeVito's mother doesn't even think he's a 3-down player.

Messier

they took him completely out of the nickel and pass rush situations last season when they drafted Quinton Coples, his pass rushing replacement

Wilkerson and Coples slid to the inside and Pace and those turds rushed the edges

he was 100 percent a part time player. Like a DH in baseball or 7th man in the NBA. if that

Ok it changed with Coples. He was a three down player before that.

DeezNutz
03-13-2013, 03:00 PM
I'd much rather have Barkley than Alex Smith, so the former is the next best non-Geno option.

tooge
03-13-2013, 03:01 PM
This fan base is killin me. If we don't sign anyone, Clark is cheap. If we slightly overpay, we are overpaying for other teams retreads. We haven't had the draft yet, and simply because the chiefs are probably passing on a QB with the first overall pick, people are just searching for something to bitch about.

Fasano- In this NFL, you need two tight ends, one needs to be able to block and both need to catch. Check
DeVito- was solid, if unspectacular and will be a nice rotation guy on the D line.
Robinson- is on the wrong side of 30, but is an upgrade over Jalil Brown and will be fine in nickle, as a FS, or as competition for the #2 corner.
Avery- the chiefs have needed a burner on the outside since Kennison retired, and this guy is the answer. Could they have gone after Mike Wallace? Sure, and then that is all they would have gotten.

This FO has a plan, and they are making it happen. They are using the resources available to them in free agency, and will do so again in the draft. We haven't played a game yet, and so many people just want to bitch. ffs

Sorter
03-13-2013, 03:02 PM

And was absolutely horrible at getting a pass rush. How do you ont understand that?

The guy was completely ineffective at playing the 3 tech and providing a pss rush but you're trying to defend him blindly when there is literally nothing that supports that at all. JFC. Have you gone full true fan?

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 03:02 PM

Forget it, he's rolling...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bHSVCs9rX0A/S_3B5FG32HI/AAAAAAAAJXU/w5RbyKrufxk/s1600/Bluto.jpg

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 03:04 PM
And was absolutely horrible at getting a pass rush. How do you ont understand that?

The guy was completely ineffective at playing the 3 tech and providing a pss rush but you're trying to defend him blindly when there is literally nothing that supports that at all. JFC. Have you gone full true fan?

"Matt Cassel is an NFL starting Quarterback"...

"Scott Pioli is a championship caliber personnel man"

"Jovan Belcher is a live human being"

Same basic idea.

Being something once doesn't mean you remain that thing, especially when you previously sucked at it.

mcaj22
03-13-2013, 03:04 PM

so you don't think there is a reason the Jets spent back to back first round draft picks on 34 DEs that can stop the run and rush the passer on all 3 downs? One is more developed than the other but Coples was the perfect fit to platoon with their run stuffers like Devito that offered them no pass rush help whatsoever

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 03:05 PM
so you don't think there is a reason the Jets spent back to back first round draft picks on 34 DEs that can stop the run and rush the passer on all 3 downs? One is more developed than the other but Coples was the perfect fit to platoon with their run stuffers like Devito that offered them no pass rush help whatsoever

Dunta Robinson is a #1 CB.

mcaj22
03-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Glenn Dorsey just signed with a Super Bowl contender to play NT.

NOSE TACKLE. In a 34.

Mike Devito signed here to play 2 down DE.

Not the same at all.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 03:12 PM
Glenn Dorsey just signed with a Super Bowl contender to play NT.

NOSE TACKLE. In a 34.

Mike Devito signed here to play 2 down DE.

Not the same at all.

Glenn Dorsey is a 5-tech.

penbook
03-13-2013, 03:27 PM
Donnie Avery signed for 3 years 11 million.

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Donnie Avery's three-year Chiefs deal is worth $8.55 million and includes a $1.5 million signing bonus, per a league source.

Love this deal more

penbook
03-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Donnie Avery's three-year Chiefs deal is worth $8.55 million and includes a $1.5 million signing bonus, per a league source.

Love this deal more

Oh wow less than 3 mil a year sounds like a good deal.

Goodbye Baldwin

Superturtle
03-13-2013, 03:39 PM
Why do people want Baldwin gone? Avery in the slot with Bowe and Baldwin outside sounds ok to me.

penbook
03-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Why do people want Baldwin gone? Avery in the slot with Bowe and Baldwin outside sounds ok to me.

No because Avery can stretch the field vertically. Runs a 4.27 40

You put Avery and Bowe on the outside and Mccluster in the slot.

I would trade Baldwin. Hell if Reid can get something out of Cassell im sure he can get something out of Baldwin.

mcaj22
03-13-2013, 03:44 PM
avery does not run a 4.27 40

penbook
03-13-2013, 03:52 PM
avery does not run a 4.27 40

Yes he does. From Kcchiefs.com

Donnie Avery is a fast man. His 4.27 seconds in the 40-yard dash, puts him in elite company and able to take the top off of any defense.

DeezNutz
03-13-2013, 03:57 PM

Donnie Avery is a fast man. His 4.27 seconds in the 40-yard dash, puts him in elite company and able to take the top off of any defense.

He might be able to take the top off, but luckily our newest backup can put it right back on.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-13-2013, 04:44 PM
A pretty decent signing, overall. Great contract.The new regime has done a number of decent-good things, they are just outweighed by the Smith trade and the upcoming Jackson-esque blunder of 1.1.

Micjones
03-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Good signing and an even better negotiation.
Starting-caliber WR who has world-class speed.
If he stays healthy like he did in 2012, he makes this football team better.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 05:00 PM

From what I understand, that was hand-timed and self-reported. I'm not sure I believe it.

He is, however, exceptionally fast. Watching him play supports that on its own.

But he's not 4.27 fast.

Rams Fan
03-13-2013, 05:06 PM
From what I understand, that was hand-timed and self-reported. I'm not sure I believe it.

He is, however, exceptionally fast. Watching him play supports that on its own.

But he's not 4.27 fast.

The 4.27 40 was him coming out of college.

I remember before he was released in 2011 they timed him. Ran I want to say a 4.40 after the surgery. But no, he does not run a 4.27 right now.

Edit: Yeah, he isn't 4.27 anymore.

"Last week, I clocked a 4.34," Avery said after Wednesday's player-organized Rams practice at Lindenwood University.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/article_738d7ca7-34c3-57aa-9d81-bb0ea8633672.html

Rams Fan
03-13-2013, 05:08 PM
He looked damn good prior to tearing his ACL. While he rejuvenated his career a bit, I don't think he's anything other than an above average WR.

something cooler
03-13-2013, 05:15 PM
He looked damn good prior to tearing his ACL. While he rejuvenated his career a bit, I don't think he's anything other than an above average WR.

Then he's priced correctly, in your opinion?

Rams Fan
03-13-2013, 05:19 PM
Then he's priced correctly, in your opinion?

Yes.

He isn't anything spectacular, however, I do wish the Rams didn't release him. He was released because he didn't play ST. Alexander was kept over him-even with the injury issues-while Avery was recovering from his ACL surgery.

silver5liter
03-13-2013, 05:43 PM
If anyone wants to bitch about the Avery deal, check out the cash the patriots just gave Amendola... jebus

“@RapSheet: The Patriots agreed to a 5-year deal with Danny Amendola, source says. 5 years, $31M 10 mil guaranteed"

Vietnam58
03-13-2013, 05:56 PM
And if we signed a big name guy like Mike Wallace you'd complain we paid him too much.

Championships are never won in free agency.

really?: this is what 1 google search came up with. . im sure there are more examples..

After signing in Oakland in 1999, Gannon led the Raiders to three straight playoff appearances and one Super Bowl.

Over six years in Green Bay, Reggie White registered 68.5 sacks and won two NFC championships and one Super Bowl—cementing his status as one of the game's best defensive players eve

From 2005 to 2009, Kurt Warner would throw 100 touchdown passes and lead Arizona to a Super Bowl appearance, its first in franchise history.

I would never complain about money. . this team doesnt spend it unless the player has proven to be mediocore. .

theelusiveeightrop
03-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Fear and Loathing.

The Bad Guy
03-13-2013, 05:58 PM
I hated the deal at 3 years for 11 million, but I can get behind it at 3 years, 8.5 million.

Pestilence
03-13-2013, 05:59 PM
I hated the deal at 3 years for 11 million, but I can get behind it at 3 years, 8.5 million.

For the love of God.....tell me we're signing a CB.

RyFo18
03-13-2013, 06:38 PM
really?: this is what 1 google search came up with. . im sure there are more examples..

After signing in Oakland in 1999, Gannon led the Raiders to three straight playoff appearances and one Super Bowl.

Over six years in Green Bay, Reggie White registered 68.5 sacks and won two NFC championships and one Super Bowl—cementing his status as one of the game's best defensive players eve

From 2005 to 2009, Kurt Warner would throw 100 touchdown passes and lead Arizona to a Super Bowl appearance, its first in franchise history.

I would never complain about money. . this team doesnt spend it unless the player has proven to be mediocore. .

I guess you forgot that they re-signed Bowe, Charles, Johnson, Hali, and Flowers to very team friendly contracts in the last couple of years.

Good job, you provided me with an example of two examples of FA quarterbacks that broke the mold and a DE from the early '90's that was on a Super Bowl roster.

I'll say it again, championships are not won in Free Agency. Sure it can put some teams over the top, but the Chiefs aren't there yet, bub.

Vietnam58
03-13-2013, 07:32 PM
I guess you forgot that they re-signed Bowe, Charles, Johnson, Hali, and Flowers to very team friendly contracts in the last couple of years.

yes because bowe, charles, johnson, hali, and flowers have really proven to workout great here in kC. . how many rings do they have combined?. . how many playoff wins?. . how many times have they even played on a plus .500 team???. . .

I mean I know Hali did a really cool dance last year after recording that season changing sack. . that was awesome!!! , and Hali, derrick Johnson, and flowers have really stepped it up on 3rd down, goaline, and in big play situations. .

we have become so used to subpar play here they we get excited over mediocre players who are born losers. .

The chiefs will go out and throw away medium money on a bum receiver like this but wont break the bank a bit to get wallace or welker. .

Why keep bringing in mediocre people?. . why not spend some money?

58-4ever
03-13-2013, 07:47 PM

Good analysis, because we 2.5 mil over three years matters so much..... WTF? Really? Why do people care so much about other people's money?

58-4ever
03-13-2013, 07:48 PM
For the love of God.....tell me we're signing a CB.

Trade down, grab Millner

silver5liter
03-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Avery just said after his rehab from his acl he was faster. says he ran a 4.25 40.... My goodness

RyFo18
03-13-2013, 07:51 PM
yes because bowe, charles, johnson, hali, and flowers have really proven to workout great here in kC. . how many rings do they have combined?. . how many playoff wins?. . how many times have they even played on a plus .500 team???. . .

I mean I know Hali did a really cool dance last year after recording that season changing sack. . that was awesome!!! , and Hali, derrick Johnson, and flowers have really stepped it up on 3rd down, goaline, and in big play situations. .
we have become so used to subpar play here they we get excited over mediocre players who are born losers. .

The chiefs will go out and throw away medium money on a bum receiver like this but wont break the bank a bit to get wallace or welker. .

Why keep bringing in mediocre people?. . why not spend some money?

:LOL:

I'm sorry, but why break the bank to get Wallace or Welker? This team doesn't have a QB that can throw the ball to Wallace deep. Bowe is a better all-around WR than both. And that's an easy conclusion to draw.

It's apparent this organization is bringing in mediocre people to fill holes and adding talent through the draft. Kinda gets me excited. It's not a magic bullet process, but it's how teams like the Ravens, Packers, Patriots, and Steelers have been doing business for the last decade.

Sorter
03-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Avery just said after his rehab from his acl he was faster. says he ran a 4.25 40.... My goodness

Yeah, I can't believe that.

Even if it happened, a hand timed 4.25 turns out to be a 4.28/30 in all likelihood.

O.city
03-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Could he be as good our Desean Jackson?

RyFo18
03-13-2013, 07:54 PM

Poor man's DeSean Jackson. If only he could catch.

NIUhuskies
03-13-2013, 07:58 PM
dont forget about mardy gilyard! haha

Just Passin' By
03-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Listen you insignificant douche, Brandon Lloyd lead the NFL in receiving while playing on his 4th NFL team. Was he a locker room problem, too?

Bigger idiot.

Yes, Lloyd has been a locker room problem, which is part of the reason the Patriots are rumored to be perhaps letting him walk.

How fucking stupid are you?

Frankie
03-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I can't believe that.

Even if it happened, a hand timed 4.25 turns out to be a 4.28/30 in all likelihood.OMG, say it ain't so! There goes our Super Bowl dream all down the shitter. :(

Sorter
03-13-2013, 09:12 PM
OMG, say it ain't so! There goes our Super Bowl dream all down the shitter. :(

Well, no.

I mean, we still have Charles.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-13-2013, 10:05 PM
At least we didn't drop 5/31 for Amendola. That is a ridiculous contract given that guy's health concerns.

It will be wonderful when NE returns to their Pat Patriot ways as soon as Brady retires. They're well on their way.

Sorter
03-13-2013, 10:07 PM
At least we didn't drop 5/31 for Amendola. That is a ridiculous contract given that guy's health concerns.

It will be wonderful when NE returns to their Pat Patriot ways as soon as Brady retires. They're well on their way.

If mallet turns out to be good somehow or they luck into drafting an Andrew Luck, it's going to be fucking ridiculous.

Chiefshrink
03-13-2013, 10:58 PM

Agree thoroughly:thumb:

Chiefshrink
03-13-2013, 10:59 PM
Poor man's DeSean Jackson. If only he could catch.

Pretty much !!

lcarus
03-13-2013, 11:04 PM
Chiefs fans. Meet Donnie Avery.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JadhqAsYFqs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

All I got from this was that his taste in music is doggie shit. Better than a Reid Ferrin piece though?

Sorter
03-13-2013, 11:08 PM
I like Avery.

I just wish he had better hands.

Brock
03-13-2013, 11:11 PM
Yes, Lloyd has been a locker room problem, which is part of the reason the Patriots are rumored to be perhaps letting him walk.

How fucking stupid are you?

Welker is on his third team. What a headcase.

lcarus
03-13-2013, 11:12 PM

I'm out of Joe Phillips jokes. At least any that pertain to your post.

Just Passin' By
03-13-2013, 11:33 PM

Welker's on his 4th team. Of course, the first cut him because they misread his talent and the second lost him because of an RFA situation, which is not the same was wanting him gone, and he's also 31, not 28. Marshall was a known headcase and problem who deliberately acted up in order to get traded, so you're trying to compare apples to oranges anyway.

#1 Bronco's Fan
03-14-2013, 01:44 AM

Idiot.

Brandon Marshall is not a locker room problem. He is a great teammate and a warrior on the field. He just has had some girl friend and anger issues. He has been the model citizen in Chicago.

DaKCMan AP
03-14-2013, 07:14 AM
Welker's on his 4th team. Of course, the first cut him because they misread his talent and the second lost him because of an RFA situation, which is not the same was wanting him gone, and he's also 31, not 28. Marshall was a known headcase and problem who deliberately acted up in order to get traded, so you're trying to compare apples to oranges anyway.

LMAO Keep backtracking, moron. You claimed that Avery sucks because he's on his 4th team. Several examples of successful WRs who played for 4+ teams have been provided to your feeble mind. Keep moving the goalposts and try not to let your microscopic brain explode.

ILChief
03-14-2013, 07:17 AM
I think we should sign DHB too. We still need speed and it would be nice to stick it to OAK if he turned into something

ILChief
03-14-2013, 07:18 AM
How many teams did Eddie kennison play for?

DaKCMan AP
03-14-2013, 07:38 AM
How many teams did Eddie kennison play for?

Chiefs were Eddie Kennison's 5th team.

-King-
03-14-2013, 07:57 AM
Amendola is on his 3rd team.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just Passin' By
03-14-2013, 10:09 AM
LMAO Keep backtracking, moron. You claimed that Avery sucks because he's on his 4th team. Several examples of successful WRs who played for 4+ teams have been provided to your feeble mind. Keep moving the goalposts and try not to let your microscopic brain explode.

I never made any such claim. I was actually in favor of the Patriots getting Avery as a 4th receiver if he couldn't find a market, because I think he's too inconsistent to be a top guy but he can be helpful as a backup/rotation guy. Here are my posts in this thread:

Idiot.

How ****ing stupid are you?

That was it until this one, my 4th post in the thread. The only point I'd been making earlier was that Marshall had been on multiple teams despite his talent because he was a problem off the field. That shouldn't be a revelation to anyone who watched or listened to any NFL news while Marshall was misbehaving his way out of Denver.

Well, that and pointing out that you're an idiot.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Oh fuck Avery in the ass already...
Posted via Mobile Device