PDA

View Full Version : Football Cliff Avril newest Seahawk

Joe Seahawk
03-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Championship!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vs1N5NYyb24?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frosty
03-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Nice pick up.

Dicky McElephant
Fuck the Seahawks.

Mecca
Always nice to see a team that knows what they're doing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rams Fan
03-13-2013, 06:28 PM
Will be fun seeing him stone walled vs Saffold and Long.

Mecca
03-13-2013, 06:30 PM
In case you missed it, Saffold is going to ask out if they sign Long.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
03-13-2013, 06:35 PM
Wow. Lucky.

FRCDFED
03-13-2013, 06:47 PM
They are really stacking the deck!

Dicky McElephant
03-13-2013, 06:49 PM
You can sign a lot of high quality players when you're paying your starting QB $500k a year.

Joe Seahawk
03-13-2013, 07:09 PM
2 years 15 mil according to Clayton. Not too bad!

DaKCMan AP
03-13-2013, 07:11 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d188/brunetxsurfr_/dayum.jpg

Iowanian
03-13-2013, 07:11 PM
That's a very nice signing by the seahags.

Sorter
03-13-2013, 07:20 PM
2 years 15 mil according to Clayton. Not too bad!

If that's true then fucking wow.

Dave Lane
03-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Solid pickup

Easy 6
03-13-2013, 07:23 PM
Good for them, but the real issue is when are we gonna steal that bigass defensive end away from them?

theelusiveeightrop
03-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Wow! The rich seemingly get richer.

The Bad Guy
03-13-2013, 07:26 PM
Personally? I think Cliff Avril sucks.

Sorter
03-13-2013, 07:29 PM

Really?

I've really liked the guy when I've watched him play. He isn't elite but certainly a solid 7/9 tech.

Joe Seahawk
03-13-2013, 07:29 PM

I respect your opinion, so i don't like to see you say that. I hope this is one of the rare times your wrong.

I don't watch the Lions much so I don't recall him being a beast, but he sure does have some nice stats. a lot of forced fumbles.. I like that.

Marco Polo
03-13-2013, 07:32 PM
After the Alex Smith debacle, I need a second team that won't conflict with KC. Seahawks are under consideration.

The Bad Guy
03-13-2013, 07:34 PM
I respect your opinion, so i don't like to see you say that. I hope this is one of the rare times your wrong.

I don't watch the Lions much so I don't recall him being a beast, but he sure does have some nice stats. a lot of forced fumbles.. I like that.

Joe I appreciate that, but I swing and miss a lot.

I guess sucks is a strong word. I think he's terrible against the run, but does have some pass rush ability obviously.

mcaj22
03-13-2013, 07:35 PM
they dont care he stinks against the run that's why the have some of the best run stuffers in the league next to him and reached for Bobby Wags to lock down the middle

Sorter
03-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Joe I appreciate that, but I swing and miss a lot.

I guess sucks is a strong word. I think he's terrible against the run, but does have some pass rush ability obviously.

He definitely isn't good against the run.

Good off the edge although he got plenty of looks against RTs during his time in Detroit.

Really, if you guys get to use him as a situational PR and come up with a way to get him, Clemons, and Irvin all rushing at the same time, that's solid.

buddha
03-13-2013, 08:30 PM
He's young and much of his success has come from that whack scheme Detroit runs. Lots of pressure, but lots of holes too.

I don't think he sucks at all. He has a ton of ability and he's going to a very good defense. Seattle is looking good.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 08:45 PM

Yeah, I guess I missed the memo where Avril was awesome.

He was the best pass rusher the Lions had, sure - but the Lions defense blows. I wouldn't be excited about giving him $7.5 million/season.

Sorter
03-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I guess I missed the memo where Avril was awesome.

He was the best pass rusher the Lions had, sure - but the Lions defense blows. I wouldn't be excited about giving him $7.5 million/season.

I would if I was a team that was capable of making a SB run and need insurance for Clemons.

Probably a bit overpaid for the years but I'm (personally) also more lenient to shell out money to pass rushers.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 09:10 PM
I would if I was a team that was capable of making a SB run and need insurance for Clemons.

Probably a bit overpaid for the years but I'm (personally) also more lenient to shell out money to pass rushers.

And it's hard to ever bitch too loudly about a 2 yr deal.

Yeah, you're probably right. Avril on this deal is more bang/buck than DeVito on his. And pass-rushers cost more, so there's the premium you pay there.

Looks like one less suitor for Jason Jones, right?

(Fuck...Detroit already signed Jones. That's just irritating)

Sorter
03-13-2013, 09:15 PM
And it's hard to ever bitch too loudly about a 2 yr deal.

Yeah, you're probably right. Avril on this deal is more bang/buck than DeVito on his. And pass-rushers cost more, so there's the premium you pay there.

Looks like one less suitor for Jason Jones, right?

(****...Detroit already signed Jones. That's just irritating)

That and the DeVito signing just fucking infuriate me.

If we aren't taking a QB at 1.1 and we pass on Sheldon, I'm going to lose it.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 09:35 PM
That and the DeVito signing just fucking infuriate me.

If we aren't taking a QB at 1.1 and we pass on Sheldon, I'm going to lose it.

I just saw that Sammie Lee Hill signed with the Titans as well.

We're out there chasing after a goddamn run-stuffer when 2 perfect fits for a 1-gap 3-4 in Jones and Hill go for the same or less as we paid for this one-dimensional fatass.

Yup, it's official, I hate Mike DeVito. What a stupid goddamn signing.

Sorter
03-13-2013, 09:43 PM

We're out there chasing after a goddamn run-stuffer when 2 perfect fits for a 1-gap 3-4 in Jones and Hill go for the same or less as we paid for this one-dimensional fatass.

Welcome to my fan club.

We can call it DJ's Left Sorter Anti DeVito Fan Club.

Seriously, that was an awful signing.

Sorter
03-13-2013, 09:44 PM

Oh wait, you can add Des Bryant to the list.

And probably Richard Seymour.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Welcome to my fan club.

We can call it DJ's Left Sorter Anti DeVito Fan Club.

Seriously, that was an awful signing.

I'll show up, but only if you teach a bi-weekly seminar on the smash concept to people who write checks their asses can't cash.

Sorter
03-13-2013, 10:11 PM
I'll show up, but only if you teach a bi-weekly seminar on the smash concept to people who write checks their asses can't cash.

I'd include blocking schemes (which I loathe) if people showed up.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2013, 10:13 PM
I'd include blocking schemes (which I loathe) if people showed up.

I need an annual refresher course on gap responsibility/techniques so if we could do that as part of the blocking scheme tutorials, I'm certainly game.

Sorter
03-13-2013, 10:20 PM
I need an annual refresher course on gap responsibility/techniques so if we could do that as part of the blocking scheme tutorials, I'm certainly game.

Normally, there isn't much overlap b/w WCO blocking schemes and E/P (which I'm more familiar with) as both utilize MOM philosophies. However, Reid likes to use a lot of zone concepts.

It will probably take me until after the draft but I should have some nice threads by then.