PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft ***West Virginia Pro Day***

Pages : [1] 2

Mr_Tomahawk
03-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Just an FYI...is on Thursday (tomorrow)

31 NFL teams will have reps there. The Chiefs will be showing Alex Daniel around town....

Pilsner
03-13-2013, 10:19 PM
Curious. Which is the one team not sending a guy?

B14ckmon
03-13-2013, 10:20 PM
I read it was all 32 teams. Jaguars have almost their entire front office in Morgantown right now.

Discuss Thrower
03-13-2013, 10:20 PM

No shit.

Dicky McElephant
03-13-2013, 10:21 PM
He's trying to be funny. The Chiefs will be there.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-13-2013, 10:22 PM

SHUT UP. I HAS SERIOUS!

jd1020

Only to negotiate a trade with the Bills.

Pilsner

You had to ruin it. :(

lcarus

If we woulda just kept the skeleton fucker, we'd have 2 Super Bowls by now. Minimum. We'd be sitting here talking about whether we were gonna draft Earl Dingdong or Snickers McGoodle at 1.32

cabletech94
03-13-2013, 10:24 PM
Only to negotiate a trade with the Bills.

this (we can only hope)!

NJChiefsFan
03-13-2013, 10:25 PM
At this point it does seem like Smith killing it at his pro-day can only help us by getting us a better trade down. I will take it over drafting Joeckel/Fisher.

O.city
03-13-2013, 10:26 PM
Jags are sending a huge group there tomorrow. Good for us I guess.

B14ckmon
03-13-2013, 10:27 PM
Bills have too many needs to give up picks. They will settle for Barkley/Nassib.

ThaVirus
03-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Geno having a fantastic performance is all win for us.

Either it means we will more seriously consider him at 1.1 or others will look to leapfrog the competition to take him, driving up the value of our pick for a trade back.

Deberg_1990
03-13-2013, 10:29 PM
Chiefsplanet will have 40 reps in attendance.

B14ckmon
03-13-2013, 10:30 PM

Either it means we will more seriously consider him at 1.1 or others will look to leapfrog the competition to take him, driving up the value of our pick for a trade back.

Adorable.

ThaVirus
03-13-2013, 10:46 PM
Adorable.

Fuck off, cumstain.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-14-2013, 12:01 AM

My entourage is already there.

CaliforniaChief
03-14-2013, 12:54 AM
They're probably there to watch Tavon Austin. That guy is a playmaker.

KC Tattoo
03-14-2013, 12:55 AM
Show em what you got Geno. Pull down your pants and show em what you got Geno.

KCrockaholic
03-14-2013, 01:02 AM
What time is the workout?

KCrockaholic
03-14-2013, 01:03 AM
Watch me talk myself into false hope...

Reid said during his PC, "We're going to 'build' the QB position".

We trade for one. Sign one in FA. And draft Geno.

B14ckmon
03-14-2013, 01:04 AM
Watch me talk myself into false hope...

Reid said during his PC, "We're going to 'build' the QB position".

We trade for one. Sign one in FA. And draft Geno.

You already have Stanzi on the roster.

Count Alex's Losses
03-14-2013, 01:04 AM
We should kidnap Geno, put him into cryogenic freeze for a year, and next year he can re-declare for the draft.

The Chiefs will realize their Alex Smith mistake and draft him once he's unfrozen.

Bump
03-14-2013, 01:06 AM
I hope we look back at this draft with great remorse when Geno is winning Superbowls for someone else. He's gonna be a better pro than college QB.

KCrockaholic
03-14-2013, 01:07 AM
I could really see Geno flourishing in Buffalo with CJ Spiller out there. I think he would fit that offense perfectly.

Direckshun
03-14-2013, 01:08 AM
It's astonishing to me how little interest the Chiefs had in Geno.

Just really mindnumbing.

Count Alex's Losses
03-14-2013, 01:10 AM
It's astonishing to me how little interest the Chiefs had in Geno.

Just really mindnumbing.

It's not that surprising when you consider that Reid has had a huge hardon for retreads since McNabb.

New World Order
03-14-2013, 01:10 AM
If we don't draft Geno The evil side of me wants Geno to go to the Raiders and completely destroy us every year.

okcchief
03-14-2013, 01:20 AM
I hope we look back at this draft with great remorse when Geno is winning Superbowls for someone else. He's gonna be a better pro than college QB.

This is beyond retarded to me.

I preferred trying Geno, but Reid and Dorsey disagreed. I would much rather see them proven right than continue to have my team fail. You guys who would rather see Geno succeed than the Chiefs is puzzling to me. This validates you as an Internet expert? Are you expecting a GM offer because you were right on Geno?

I would rather see Reid see something the average fan doesn't, and turn this fucking franchise around. While I don't agree with their decision right now seeing Geno Smith light shit up won't make me feel better in the least.

I hope we look back at this with remorse? Beat yourself in the head with a hammer if you enjoy torturing yourself so much.

JFC.

Setsuna
03-14-2013, 02:49 AM

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Why the fuck would we trade up ONE spot for someone your team is never going to get? LAWL, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

BryanBusby
03-14-2013, 02:52 AM

Why the fuck would we trade up ONE spot for someone your team is never going to get? LAWL, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
You do know there are other teams? Dumbass.

Chiefspants
03-14-2013, 03:01 AM

Why the **** would we trade up ONE spot for someone your team is never going to get? LAWL, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Because maybe other teams would want to get him from the #1 spot? LAWL, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

KCrockaholic
03-14-2013, 03:07 AM
I know a Jags fan who just went full retard...

Guru
03-14-2013, 03:08 AM
If we don't draft Geno The evil side of me wants Geno to go to the Raiders and completely destroy us every year.

God that would suck.

jimw51
03-14-2013, 04:13 AM
No true chiefs fan wants the raiders to ever win

farmerchief
03-14-2013, 06:55 AM
Yeah, what he said.:thumb:This is beyond retarded to me.

I preferred trying Geno, but Reid and Dorsey disagreed. I would much rather see them proven right than continue to have my team fail. You guys who would rather see Geno succeed than the Chiefs is puzzling to me. This validates you as an Internet expert? Are you expecting a GM offer because you were right on Geno?

I would rather see Reid see something the average fan doesn't, and turn this ****ing franchise around. While I don't agree with their decision right now seeing Geno Smith light shit up won't make me feel better in the least.

I hope we look back at this with remorse? Beat yourself in the head with a hammer if you enjoy torturing yourself so much.

JFC.

King_Chief_Fan
03-14-2013, 07:03 AM

If Geno goes to the Raiders, he will fail.
that team is a horrible mess and one suspect QBOTF isn't going to be able to prove a thing in that environment

oldandslow
03-14-2013, 07:10 AM

I would rather see Reid see something the average fan doesn't, and turn this ****ing franchise around. While I don't agree with their decision right now seeing Geno Smith light shit up won't make me feel better in the least.

JFC.

This...I honestly think some of the posters on this board would rather see the Chiefs lose than not win using their patented internet board strategy. Good God, some of you guys have just lost it.

Dayze
03-14-2013, 08:15 AM
This...I honestly think some of the posters on this board would rather see the Chiefs lose than not win using their patented internet board strategy. Good God, some of you guys have just lost it.

Geno Smith would never lose it.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-14-2013, 08:17 AM
Big Cat Country‏@BigCatCountry
#Jaguars sending huge contingent to West Virginia Pro Day http://sbn.to/16uk40D

ChiefMojo
03-14-2013, 08:19 AM
Balls in your court Buffalo, make the move! We know you want that #1 pick.

ILChief
03-14-2013, 08:20 AM
If Geno is a bust there will be a lot of excuse making here

KCUnited
03-14-2013, 08:20 AM

Why the **** would we trade up ONE spot for someone your team is never going to get? LAWL, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Holy shit.

Deberg_1990
03-14-2013, 08:21 AM
Eagles not saying much other than hes impressive.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/Eagles-general-Howie-Roseman-on-Geno-Smith-Hes-an-impressive-guy.html

Despite making the 600-mile trek to and from Morgantown, and bringing owner Jeffrey Lurie along for the ride, Chip Kelly and Howie Roseman didn’t have much to say about their private workout of West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith.

“Obviously, he’s an impressive guy,” Roseman said Wednesday, two days after the Eagles brass checked out the top-rated draft prospect.

Impressive enough to be a top ten pick?

“You’re going through the process, you’re trying to get as much information as possible,” said Roseman, who has the No. 4 overall pick. “I can’t comment on anybody else’s draft board and at this point I can’t comment on ours.”

The Eagles currently have five quarterbacks on their roster – Michael Vick, Nick Foles, Dennis Dixon, Trent Edwards and G.J. Kinne – but none are considered Kelly’s likely quarterback of the future.

So naturally, there has been speculation that the Eagles will select a quarterback at some point in the draft, whether it’s Smith in the first round or someone like Matt Scott of Arizona, who the Birds worked out in Philadelphia this week, in one of the latter rounds.

“We’re going to look at anybody and everybody to see if we can win games,” Kelly said. “Does that mean we’re going to draft a quarterback in the draft? I don’t know.”

Smith is likely to be the first quarterback drafted, but there is some dispute among analysts over where he will be taken. Some believe he’s a top ten talent. Others think the 6-foot-2, 218-pounder is a late-round pick, although a quarterback-desperate team could take him much earlier.

The Eagles were probably doing their due diligence in traveling to Morgantown, but Lurie’s unusual presence suggested that the team is either very interested in Smith or were sending out a smokescreen.

“I don’t know that we want to get into specifics about who’s coming to the trips with us,” Roseman said when asked about Lurie tagging along. “We’re going to see a lot of people here in the next few weeks. We’re going to make sure that we get as much information as possible to make the No. 4 pick in the draft the right one for the Philadelphia Eagles.”

Dayze
03-14-2013, 08:22 AM
overall, I do not like the idea of taking an OL in the top 5. Hell, maybe even the top 10..

but, it seems that's the route we'll be taking, unfortunately. They'd better make some moves to get a 2nd back. Otherwise, all we'll have to show for the #1 pick is a lineman, and some 3rd rounders, etc.

Luckily, the FO has addressed areas os huge need so far in FA (unlike shithead Scooter).

Carlota69
03-14-2013, 08:25 AM

JFC.
:clap:

suds79
03-14-2013, 08:26 AM

Here's the catch. If Geno is a bust, that team that drafted him will be 3-13 a few years down the road in line to try again on the next great QB.

Meanwhile, we'll be toiling in mediocrity with not shot at a QB sitting at 8-8.

Gimmie and A or gimmie and F.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-14-2013, 08:33 AM
Jim Corbett‏@ByJimCorbett
Philly doing due dilligence on Geno Smith today after Monday workout for Chip Kelly, Buddy Nix here needs QB after dumping Ryan Fitzpatrick

MotherfuckerJones
03-14-2013, 08:35 AM
Jags have all their people too, kc has good trade options

KILLER_CLOWN
03-14-2013, 08:37 AM

I'll trade our #1 overall for Geno Smith @ fair compensation.

Inmem58
03-14-2013, 08:37 AM

Different coaches and systems bro

I already have my excuse ready if he goes somewhere else and busts

prhom
03-14-2013, 08:38 AM

For me it doesn't even come down to whether he is a bust or not. Instead of using the best draft position our franchise has ever had and being able to make your selection of the best QB in the entire draft, we opted to make an unfavorable trade for one mediocre QB and sign another one in FA. Any of these types of moves could be made later on in the Reid/Dorsey tenure, or even in addition to drafting the best QB in this class.

That's what kills me about this situation. It's like they are taking the lazy, easy way out. It's like they really didn't want to give it the best shot they could, and by giving away two consecutive 2nd rounders they giving up on finding that vaunted "value" QB for awhile too. If we aren't taking a QB in 1 or 2 this year, you know these ****ers aren't going to take a QB in the first next year. Consciously planning to pick up your franchise QB in the third or lower is not sound mgmt.

The test is whether QBs taken in this year's first and second and next year's second end up being better than Alex Smith. If they are then Dorsey/Reid failed in their job, if not then they get a pass.

Setsuna
03-14-2013, 08:39 AM

ROFLROFLLMAOLMAOLMAOROFLLMAO

Yall think another team will trade with yall for that pick!? LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Yall are delusional as fuck now. Yall are stuck at #1. Deal with it.

BigCatDaddy
03-14-2013, 08:39 AM

And that's the simpleton thought process that has doomed this franchise for decades.

philfree
03-14-2013, 08:43 AM
Here's the catch. If Geno is a bust, that team that drafted him will be 3-13 a few years down the road in line to try again on the next great QB.

Meanwhile, we'll be toiling in mediocrity with not shot at a QB sitting at 8-8.

Gimmie and A or gimmie and F.

This has been a popular train of thought on Chiefs Planet for a long time now but IMO it isn't as true as it seems. Aaron Rogers was the 24th pick in his draft, Flacco was the 18th pick in his draft and Big Ben was 11th. Brees was the 34th pick or there about. Tom Brady...........Anyway those account for 7 of the last 12 SB winners. :shrug:

KC Tattoo
03-14-2013, 08:45 AM

JFC.

Just because Andy Reid and Dorsey likes Alex Smith doesn't make it the right move.

This is no different than when Pioli came to town and we were told to give Cassel a chance. Same fucking game is played on the fans.

KC Tattoo
03-14-2013, 08:49 AM
This has been a popular train of thought on Chiefs Planet for a long time now but IMO it isn't as true as it seems. Aaron Rogers was the 24th pick in his draft, Flacco was the 18th pick in his draft and Big Ben was 11th. Brees was the 34th pick or there about. Tom Brady...........Anyway those account for 7 of the last 12 SB winners. :shrug:

This is the Chiefs and Chiefs don't draft QBotf for what ever reason? If we go 8-8 then the Chiefs think that the QB is good enough for the next year. Or they will just keep going after retreads. That's what they do. FN BS.

nychief
03-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Just because Andy Reid and Dorsey likes Alex Smith doesn't make it the right move.

This is no different than when ***** came to town and we were told to give Cassel a chance. Same ****ing game is played on the fans.

Game played? Is the game that you are powerless fan? That nobody in the organization gives to shits what you want? The self-righteousness around here is a joke. Just because you have an Internet connection and an associates degree you think anybody cares what you want? No. Just like the rest of your life.

BigCatDaddy
03-14-2013, 08:57 AM

Did you know they also used to play football with leather helmets?

philfree
03-14-2013, 08:59 AM
This is the Chiefs and Chiefs don't draft QBotf for what ever reason? If we go 8-8 then the Chiefs think that the QB is good enough for the next year. Or they will just keep going after retreads. That's what they do. FN BS.

That doesn't change the fact that you don't have to be the ultimate loser and get the 1st pick in the draft to find a franchise QB. LOL The Chiefs have the 1st now and they're not drafting a QB but there are people already willing to go 2-14 again in hopes of having the 1st pick in 2014 so we can draft the top QB.

philfree
03-14-2013, 09:00 AM
Did you know they also used to play football with leather helmets?

Yeah so?

candyman
03-14-2013, 09:04 AM

Do you know how I know you're a fucking moron? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

BigCatDaddy
03-14-2013, 09:05 AM
Yeah so?

Yeah, so with the new CBA the cost and risk of drafting a QB in the 1st is a fraction of what it used to be. Also with the rule changes that favor passing attacks it QB's are more valuable then ever. The days of those guys sliding down the draft to those positions are gone. You are trying to compare apples and oranges.

WV
03-14-2013, 09:10 AM
We all should have known better when Reid was hired. He wasn't about to come in here and tie himself to a rookie QB at this point in his career. There is no Luck in this draft for him or any other coach to draft and automatically gain something, Reid wasn't about to put his QB guru NFL status up for anyone other than a can't miss prospect.
He's fully aware that he has about 3 years to put this job on the right or he'll be unemployed once again. He and the this Franchise (along with a disturbing number of its mouth breathing fans) are more willing to trust a "feel good" or reclamation project like Alex Smith than actually *gasp* draft a QB #1 overall.

KC Tattoo
03-14-2013, 09:11 AM
That doesn't change the fact that you don't have to be the ultimate loser and get the 1st pick in the draft to find a franchise QB. LOL The Chiefs have the 1st now and they're not drafting a QB but there are people already willing to go 2-14 again in hopes of having the 1st pick in 2014 so we can draft the top QB.

We won't get a new QB going 8-8 and be stuck in medocreland for next three years with Alex Smith. We may get a wild card beat down in the playoffs again how joyful would that be? If we lose like last year and end up at the top of the draft then I think our odds will be better to actually draft a QBotf depending on how much the fanbase is demanding this regime to do so. This fanbase needs to grow a set of balls.

philfree
03-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Yeah, so with the new CBA the cost and risk of drafting a QB in the 1st is a fraction of what it used to be. Also with the rule changes that favor passing attacks it QB's are more valuable then ever. The days of those guys sliding down the draft to those positions is gone. You are trying to compare apples and oranges.

We'll see how it plays out this year. Is Geno going #1 and Barkely #2. I hope Geno is drafted at 1.1 becaue that means we found away to trade down or we picked him.

BigCatDaddy
03-14-2013, 09:13 AM
We'll see how it plays out this year. Is Geno going #1 and Barkely #2. I hope Geno is drafted at 1.1 becaue that means we found away to trade down or we picked him.

I don't know if they will go 1 & 2, but they will go higher this year then they would if the old CBA rules applied and teams are more willing to trade up for those guys now.

Chiefshrink
03-14-2013, 09:14 AM
I read it was all 32 teams. Jaguars have almost their entire front office in Morgantown right now.

They're probably there to watch Tavon Austin. That guy is a playmaker.

Big Cat Country‏@BigCatCountry
#Jaguars sending huge contingent to West Virginia Pro Day http://sbn.to/16uk40D

Eagles not saying much other than hes impressive.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/Eagles-general-Howie-Roseman-on-Geno-Smith-Hes-an-impressive-guy.html

Despite making the 600-mile trek to and from Morgantown, and bringing owner Jeffrey Lurie along for the ride, Chip Kelly and Howie Roseman didn’t have much to say about their private workout of West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith.

“Obviously, he’s an impressive guy,” Roseman said Wednesday, two days after the Eagles brass checked out the top-rated draft prospect.

Impressive enough to be a top ten pick?

“You’re going through the process, you’re trying to get as much information as possible,” said Roseman, who has the No. 4 overall pick. “I can’t comment on anybody else’s draft board and at this point I can’t comment on ours.”

The Eagles currently have five quarterbacks on their roster – Michael Vick, Nick Foles, Dennis Dixon, Trent Edwards and G.J. Kinne – but none are considered Kelly’s likely quarterback of the future.

So naturally, there has been speculation that the Eagles will select a quarterback at some point in the draft, whether it’s Smith in the first round or someone like Matt Scott of Arizona, who the Birds worked out in Philadelphia this week, in one of the latter rounds.

“We’re going to look at anybody and everybody to see if we can win games,” Kelly said. “Does that mean we’re going to draft a quarterback in the draft? I don’t know.”

Smith is likely to be the first quarterback drafted, but there is some dispute among analysts over where he will be taken. Some believe he’s a top ten talent. Others think the 6-foot-2, 218-pounder is a late-round pick, although a quarterback-desperate team could take him much earlier.

The Eagles were probably doing their due diligence in traveling to Morgantown, but Lurie’s unusual presence suggested that the team is either very interested in Smith or were sending out a smokescreen.

“I don’t know that we want to get into specifics about who’s coming to the trips with us,” Roseman said when asked about Lurie tagging along. “We’re going to see a lot of people here in the next few weeks. We’re going to make sure that we get as much information as possible to make the No. 4 pick in the draft the right one for the Philadelphia Eagles.”

Jim Corbett‏@ByJimCorbett
Philly doing due dilligence on Geno Smith today after Monday workout for Chip Kelly, Buddy Nix here needs QB after dumping Ryan Fitzpatrick

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

suds79
03-14-2013, 09:16 AM

Fair enough.

What's true in both our examples though is that you have to be willing to draft a QB in order to well.... get a QB. :p

Crazy I know.

philfree
03-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Fair enough.

What's true in both our examples though is that you have to be willing to draft a QB in order to well.... get a QB. :p

Crazy I know.

True dat!

FRCDFED
03-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Game played? Is the game that you are powerless fan? That nobody in the organization gives to shits what you want? The self-righteousness around here is a joke. Just because you have an Internet connection and an associates degree you think anybody cares what you want? No. Just like the rest of your life.Powerless? Associates Degree? I think you are underestimating how important I am!!! I am important dammit!! :p

notorious
03-14-2013, 09:27 AM
It's so obvious that we need to draft Geno.

Draft him, wait for the trade offers. If none come, we develop him for the future.

What are we really losing by doing this?

Brainiac
03-14-2013, 09:28 AM

JFC.
Rep. Nailed it.

okcchief
03-14-2013, 09:29 AM

This is no different than when Pioli came to town and we were told to give Cassel a chance. Same fucking game is played on the fans.

I'm not saying it does, but they aren't necessarily going to turn out the same. I doubt Alex Smith as much as most, but to hope Geno is God, and Alex Smith is shit is just fucking stupid. If that's the case you've chosen to no longer be a Chiefs fan. That's fine. Declare it and move on. I will always be a Chiefs fan so my hope is they have the right people in place to make the right call. The jury is out.

philfree
03-14-2013, 09:30 AM
I don't know if they will go 1 & 2, but they will go higher this year then they would if the old CBA rules applied and teams are more willing to trade up for those guys now.

There are some who think those guys can be franchise QBs but they're not going #1 or even #2 so where are they going to be drafted? #7, #8? Maybe later? If that's the case then why would we want to go 2-14 and have the 1st pick? It's not necessary. And it looks like the same deal next year. If Andrew Luck is avaialbe then yeah you need the 1st pick but in a reagular draft I don't believe you do.

Brainiac
03-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Excellent observation. Everybody wants to lynch Reid and Dorsey because they don't want to draft Geno with the #1 overall pick.

You just proved that their logic SUCKS.

notorious
03-14-2013, 09:31 AM
I think that it's obvious that if Reid and Dorsey end up winning big with A. Smith that everyone will be happy.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-14-2013, 09:40 AM
What sad fucking state of affairs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chief_For_Life58
03-14-2013, 09:46 AM

lol

Nightfyre
03-14-2013, 09:47 AM
What a bunch of fucking spineless apologists there are in this thread. Hey, I hope the Chiefs win the Super Bowl and prove me wrong. However, that doesn't mean I have to be happy that the Chiefs are shoveling the exact same shit down my throat that has mired this franchise in mediocrity for its entire fucking existence. Fuck you, you self-righteous sheep.

Molitoth
03-14-2013, 09:48 AM
I really hope Geno goes to Philly.

Geno + Chip is the combo I wanted in KC.

I could root for the Jags too since they hardly have any fans. They could use me. =P

Please god no to the Raiders.

Discuss Thrower
03-14-2013, 09:51 AM
If Geno goes to the Raiders, he will fail.
that team is a horrible mess and one suspect QBOTF isn't going to be able to prove a thing in that environment

The Faid will probably look like a better franchise than KC 5 years down the line.

Scrawny Armed Alex Smith
03-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Geno will go top 5 but the Chiefs shouldnt take him at 1, because we have Alex Smith(s) & Chase Daniel(s) /trufan(s) :harumph:

DaKCMan AP
03-14-2013, 10:03 AM
Geno will go top 5 but the Chiefs shouldnt take him at 1, because he's too risky /trufan(s) :harumph:

FYP

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Andy heard they had some good sandwiches on hand.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-14-2013, 10:05 AM
No media reports on how things are going...?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Elizabeth Merrill‏@MerrillLiz
Update: 29 NFL teams at pro day today in Morgantown. WVa officials say they haven't seen anyone from Az. Surprising w/ QB need.

Dicky McElephant
03-14-2013, 10:15 AM
I posted this in another thread.

Pipe dream.

Trade for Alex Smith.
Sign Chase Daniel
Draft Geno Smith.

Either Alex or Chase is gone after this year. Chase's contract is basically a 1 year deal. He can be cut after this year if they deem Alex to be the better backup. Alex is cut or traded after this year if Chase learns the offense. Camp battle in 2014 between Geno and Alex/Chase.

Yes....I know.....I'm on drugs.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Yup.

Your on Drugs.

notorious
Update: 29 NFL teams at pro day today in Morgantown. WVa officials say they haven't seen anyone from Az. Surprising w/ QB need.

Cassel is working on a deal with AZ as we speak. LMAO

bowener

Best news for the Chiefs if they want to trade out of the 1st.

BigCatDaddy
03-14-2013, 10:19 AM

Zona is pulling a Shanny/Cutler.

bowener
03-14-2013, 10:22 AM
I still hold a small thread of hope that Alex Smith was traded for because he was such a good boy backup last year. I think Reid knows how valuable a dependent backup is in the NFL now. That is my one last real hope of taking a shot at a QB.

BigCatDaddy
03-14-2013, 10:24 AM
I still hold a small thread of hope that Alex Smith was traded for because he was such a good boy backup last year. I think Reid knows how valuable a dependent backup is in the NFL now. That is my one last real hope of taking a shot at a QB.

Did you miss that Chase Daniel was signed for 3 mill per year?

Dicky McElephant
03-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Did you miss that Chase Daniel was signed for 3 mill per year?

His contract is basically a 1 year deal.

Molitoth
03-14-2013, 10:25 AM

Quit setting yourself up for disappointment.
Alex Smith is going to be the unquestionable starter for the next 3-4 years until Save Our Chiefs starts up again and gets another new regime who will then trade for yet another teams scrub QB. Rinse and repeat.

You may as well hop on board that wagon, or find somebody else to root for.

Bewbies
03-14-2013, 10:26 AM
I don't get the excitement for trading down so someone else can draft Geno. Can anyone name the last time the team in the 1 slot moved down so someone else could take the QB won?

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Geoff Mosher ‏@GeoffMosherCSN

RT @byjimcorbett: Chris Weinke's work on Geno Smith's footwork showing up big time much smoother than at combine

Dicky McElephant
03-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Geoff Mosher ‏@GeoffMosherCSN

RT @byjimcorbett: Chris Weinke's work on Geno Smith's footwork showing up big time much smoother than at combine

For the love of God....just take the kid and fix the QB issue in one fucking season.

ILChief
03-14-2013, 10:28 AM
I don't get the excitement for trading down so someone else can draft Geno. Can anyone name the last time the team in the 1 slot moved down so someone else could take the QB won?

You could say the chargers won in getting LT instead of Vick

notorious
The better Geno looked, the wetter a GM will get for him.

This is all positive.

Sorter
Mort said he only missed 2 out of 70 throws.

BigCatDaddy
03-14-2013, 10:30 AM
His contract is basically a 1 year deal.

Right. So Alex isn'tgoing to be a backup this year. A more realistic scenario is Geno is the 3rd QB this year then the other two backing him up. That's the only 1% hope IMO.

Molitoth
03-14-2013, 10:32 AM

:huh:

DaKCMan AP
03-14-2013, 10:33 AM
You could say the chargers won in getting LT instead of Vick

What exactly did they win?

JASONSAUTO
03-14-2013, 10:33 AM

but he the most wildly inaccurate thrower we've ever seen/ blackbob, runkc, idiot

-King-
03-14-2013, 10:34 AM

:shake: Fuck this team. Seriously.

Dicky McElephant
03-14-2013, 10:35 AM
:shake: Fuck this team. Seriously.

I'm dangling from the ledge man....but I'm still holding on.

http://thewordofward.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/hanging-off-cliff.jpg

Molitoth
Andy Reid's scouts must be Kiper and McShay.

notorious

Trading back to get more picks and still picking up a rookie QB is a much better option than picking a LT at 1.

okcchief
03-14-2013, 10:36 AM
What a bunch of fucking spineless apologists there are in this thread. Hey, I hope the Chiefs win the Super Bowl and prove me wrong. However, that doesn't mean I have to be happy that the Chiefs are shoveling the exact same shit down my throat that has mired this franchise in mediocrity for its entire fucking existence. Fuck you, you self-righteous sheep.

I never said be happy about it. I'm not happy about it right now either. I just don't understand hoping Geno rapes the NFL so you are validated on your opinion over the Chiefs pulling shit out of left field and being right.

I'm not drinking the Kool aid. I'm not a blind sheep. If it was Pioli that made this decision I probably would have to block out anything Chiefs related. I also realize Reid could be completely off here and set us back even further. I just hope he's fucking right.

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-14-2013, 10:39 AM
Eric Galko ‏@OptimumScouting

Per @RobRang, Geno was impressive in "downfield touch/accuracy, zip OTM, balance throughout his compact release": http://cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21877210/west-virginia-pro-day-smith-shows-firstround-stuff … …

B14ckmon
03-14-2013, 10:40 AM
I like how Chief's fans are even assuming Reid/DMoney WANT to trade their #1. If they trade back to 7 or 8 they won't get their golden boy LT.

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-14-2013, 10:41 AM
Rob Rang ‏@RobRang

Quick take on Geno Smith's Pro Day throwing session. Completed 60/64 passes with two drops from Stedman Bailey: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21877210/west-virginia-pro-day-smith-shows-firstround-stuff …

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-14-2013, 10:41 AM
Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS

I love all the talk about how a kid shows off at his Pro Day throwing the football. That's not what it's about.

notorious
03-14-2013, 10:42 AM
I don't really care what his completion % is, I want to know if he hit receivers in stride.

DaKCMan AP
03-14-2013, 10:42 AM
I like how Chief's fans are even assuming Reid/DMoney WANT to trade their #1. If they trade back to 7 or 8 they won't get their golden boy LT.

I like how a Jags fan living in Iowa, who never lived in Jax while the Jags franchise existed, thinks he knows the Chiefs franchise better than its fans.

Priest31kc
03-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Eric Galko ‏@OptimumScouting

Per @RobRang, Geno was impressive in "downfield touch/accuracy, zip OTM, balance throughout his compact release": http://cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21877210/west-virginia-pro-day-smith-shows-firstround-stuff … …

Hmmm shocking!

We've seen this on tape...but hes not good enough for the Chiefs!

Deberg_1990
03-14-2013, 10:44 AM
Smith's college playbook from the "Air Raid" system was mostly horizontal and crossing route dependent. Intermediate accuracy is his greatest strength. What evaluators need to see if whether Smith can throw on the move, maintain his balance and accuracy on rollouts and waggle design, and throw with zip while hitting targets at 25-plus yards and beyond.

Thursday's pro day was attended by 28 of 32 NFL teams. The Eagles worked out Smith earlier in the week and ran him through an unrehearsed, full-scale passing workout that exceeded 80 throws. Bills general manager Buddy Nix was present as were high-ranking reps for the Chiefs (No. 1), Jaguars (No. 2), Raiders (No. 3), Browns (6) and Cardinals (7), among others.

Head coach Gus Bradley represented the Jaguars and Mike Tomlin represented the Steelers, who could have interest in wide receiver Tavon Austin after losing Mike Wallace in free agency. The Minnesota Vikings, who lost another high-profile receiver in Percy Harvin, were also on hand to look closely at a player with a similar skill set in Austin.

Any team interested in Smith will want to see more, and get him out of the overpracticed routine he owned at the team's indoor practice facility Thursday.

If he can replicate his pro day performance in that next phase of the pre-draft gauntlet after a solid showing at the scouting combine, Smith solidifies a spot in the top half of the first round

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21877210/west-virginia-pro-day-smith-shows-firstround-stuff

Molitoth
I don't really care what his completion % is, I want to know if he hit receivers in stride.

Go watch any game from this year and tell me he doesn't.
He's really effing good at it.

B14ckmon
I like how a Jags fan living in Iowa, who never lived in Jax while the Jags franchise existed, thinks he knows the Chiefs franchise better than its fans.

You keep talking about where I live like a butthurt child as if it has any relevance. Like 5 frequent posters here live in the same town as me. The chiefs don't play in Cedar Rapids.

And no one said I know the chief's franchise better. I pointed out that you are making assumptions with no evidence. I have never seen the Chiefs themselves ever make any mention of wanting to trade down.

Aspengc8
03-14-2013, 10:45 AM
I don't really care what his completion % is, I want to know if he hit wide open receivers in stride, while facing zero pressure

Fix'd for ya.

As a WV fan, I was not happy with Geno's performances vs half decent defenses last year. yeah it would be nice to have him, but not at #1 pick.

DaKCMan AP
03-14-2013, 10:47 AM
I pointed out that you are making assumptions with no evidence.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAaArqtU_TpIlDuhyDrq9zpky0C2Kesu-J3Rgg2PewyijTVol8

okcchief
03-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Geno looking good only helps us. Hopefully either someone trades up or we go total crazy and stack the QB position. I would be happy with either though I know the second option is isn't going to happen.

Molitoth
Fix'd for ya.

As a WV fan, I was not happy with Geno's performances vs half decent defenses last year. yeah it would be nice to have him, but not at #1 pick.

As a WV fan, you should know that TTech and Kstate coaching completely destroyed WV's gameplan. They got up early and then focused on taking away the deep ball so that Geno couldn't get them back in the game.

Kstate was a fantastic team, and with WV's defense... there was no way in hell they were going to be competitive.

Dayze
I have a feeling we're going to experience a collective kick to the nuts on draft day.

B14ckmon
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAaArqtU_TpIlDuhyDrq9zpky0C2Kesu-J3Rgg2PewyijTVol8

Which assumption did I make? We have evidence that the Chiefs are very interested in Jockel. The Jags brass have mentioned trading down many times. I have yet to hear the same from the Chiefs.

durtyrute
Fix'd for ya.

If you want him and you only have one first round pick what difference does it make that it is the first pick?

Molitoth
03-14-2013, 10:49 AM
If you want him and you only have one first round pick what difference does it make that it is the first pick?

Only LT's are worth the 1.1 to these fucking idiots.

DaKCMan AP
03-14-2013, 10:52 AM
Which assumption did I make? We have evidence that the Chiefs are very interested in Jockel. The Jags brass have mentioned trading down many times. I have yet to hear the same from the Chiefs.

For starters:

Bills have too many needs to give up picks. They will settle for Barkley/Nassib.

If they trade back to 7 or 8 they won't get their golden boy LT.

patteeu
03-14-2013, 10:53 AM

They won the trade. They got the better end of the deal.

DaKCMan AP
03-14-2013, 10:54 AM

How do you judge that?

patteeu
03-14-2013, 11:00 AM
How do you judge that?

They got the better player plus extra picks. And to top it off, they got a better QB with their 2nd round pick.

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Big Cat Country ‏@BigCatCountry

#Jaguars meet with Geno Smith, impressed by accuracy http://sbn.to/16uIEOR

DaKCMan AP
03-14-2013, 11:03 AM
They got the better player plus extra picks. And to top it off, they got a better QB with their 2nd round pick.

During Vick's time in Atlanta, the Chargers & Falcons each made the playoffs twice. Zero Super Bowls. And to top it off, that 2nd round QB didn't prosper in San Diego so I'm unsure how that adds to the equation.

ILChief
03-14-2013, 11:03 AM

Well I think they got the better player at a lower pick plus got additional picks

DaKCMan AP
03-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Well I think they got the better player at a lower pick plus got additional picks

And what did that 'win' them? Both teams had 47 wins over the 2001-2006 period.

patteeu
03-14-2013, 11:09 AM
During Vick's time in Atlanta, the Chargers & Falcons each made the playoffs twice. Zero Super Bowls. And to top it off, that 2nd round QB didn't prosper in San Diego so I'm unsure how that adds to the equation.

No one in their right mind thinks Mike Vick is a better player than LaDainian Tomlinson.

Failing to keep Drew Brees around and coach him to his full potential is distinct from recognizing that potential on draft day.

ILChief
03-14-2013, 11:09 AM
And what did that 'win' them?

They got the better end of the trade. If you judge every move by winning a Super Bowl, there are very few good moves. What did drafting Derrick Thomas or Tony Gonzalez "win" us?

DaKCMan AP
03-14-2013, 11:10 AM
No one in their right mind thinks Mike Vick is a better player than LaDainian Tomlinson.

No one's disputing that.

DaKCMan AP
03-14-2013, 11:10 AM
They got the better end of the trade. If you judge every move by winning a Super Bowl, there are very few good moves. What did drafting Derrick Thomas or Tony Gonzalez "win" us?

Nothing. Therefore we didn't 'win' the draft.

ILChief
03-14-2013, 11:11 AM

Failing to keep Drew Brees around and coach him to his full potential is distinct from recognizing that potential on draft day.

Yep, they got the better end of the trade. They later screwed up by letting Brees go and going with Rivers

ILChief
03-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Nothing. Therefore we didn't 'win' the draft.

I'm not sure what youre looking for

B14ckmon
03-14-2013, 11:12 AM
1) Joeckel - KC Chiefs
2) Geno - Jacksonville Jaguars
3) Floyd - Oakland Raiders
4) Jordan - Philly Eagles
5) Milliner - Detroit Lions

UPDATE THOSE MOCK DRAFTS KIDDOS!

DaKCMan AP
03-14-2013, 11:13 AM
1) Joeckel - KC Chiefs

:LOL:

So the Jags are going to draft Geno in 2013 and Bridgewater in 2014?

Molitoth
03-14-2013, 11:13 AM
1) Joeckel - KC Chiefs

That would be good for my Lions, and I'd be rooting for the Jags.
I would laugh at the Chiefs all year long.

Bowser
03-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Just draft him. God forbid that we're stacked at the quarterback position.

patteeu
03-14-2013, 11:15 AM
And what did that 'win' them? Both teams had 47 wins over the 2001-2006 period.

You don't win the superbowl with one draft pick. Judging an individual pick on the basis of team performance is idiotic. Two-time Super Bowl champion starter Antowain Smith was not a better RB than Barry Sanders.

Bewbies

I'd suggest you take a look at the 2003/2004 seasons and think again. The team that got the QB was in the NFC title game, the team that traded down picked #1 overall.

notorious

Exactly.

We could gain so much more by taking him. If we take a LT we are just spinning our tires.

patteeu
03-14-2013, 11:16 AM
No one's disputing that.

You asked what the Chargers won with their trade. That's what they won.

DaKCMan AP
You don't win the superbowl with one draft pick. Judging an individual pick on the basis of team performance is idiotic. Two-time Super Bowl champion starter Antowain Smith was not a better RB than Barry Sanders.

I must have missed when Barry Sanders was traded for Antowain Smith?

Molitoth

Barry didn't win a superbowl because his team lacked _______ what?

A Quarterback.

BossChief
03-14-2013, 11:17 AM
You keep talking about where I live like a butthurt child as if it has any relevance. Like 5 frequent posters here live in the same town as me. The chiefs don't play in Cedar Rapids.

And no one said I know the chief's franchise better. I pointed out that you are making assumptions with no evidence. I have never seen the Chiefs themselves ever make any mention of wanting to trade down.

"we" didn't win anything.

You know who did? The Cowboys.

You know how they did it?

Taking a QB first overall and still spent a second rounder to take another qb in the supplemental draft.

B14ckmon
03-14-2013, 11:19 AM
:LOL:

So the Jags are going to draft Geno in 2013 and Bridgewater in 2014?

I made this sig because I assumed our front office was stupid. But clearly they have come to their senses about how beautiful Geno's soul truly is. I will obviously have to change it when I get a minute.

patteeu
03-14-2013, 11:20 AM
Barry didn't win a superbowl because his team lacked _______ what?

A Quarterback.

And the conventional wisdom is that Elway didn't win a superbowl until he had a running back. What's your point and how is it relevant to the issue of whether or not a pick or a trade for a single player should be judged on the basis of team performance?

patteeu
03-14-2013, 11:21 AM
I must have missed when Barry Sanders was traded for Antowain Smith?

You did miss something. I'm not going to help you though.

notorious
03-14-2013, 11:21 AM
And the conventional wisdom is that Elway didn't win a superbowl until he had a running back. What's your point and how is it relevant to the issue of whether or not a pick or a trade for a single player should be judged on the basis of team performance?

Whoops. Elway took 3 average teams to the dance while being handcuffed by his HC.

Next argument.

Fruit Ninja
03-14-2013, 11:22 AM

He got them there what 3 times before he won. How many times did the chiefs get there during elways career? Yeah.

DaKCMan AP
03-14-2013, 11:24 AM
You asked what the Chargers won with their trade. That's what they won.

Eh. LT was a better player, yes. However, until Vick was out of football for 3 years LT had 4 Pro Bowls & Vick had 3. The teams had the same number of wins & playoff appearances. Vick was going to be 27 years old, entering the beginning of the prime for quarterbacks, coming off of two straight Pro Bowls. At the time he was a top-10 QB. I'll take a top-10 QB over a top-3 RB.

Molitoth
03-14-2013, 11:24 AM

Post after post what I gather from you is that QB is not the most important position on the field.

What I'm trying to say is that you can have the best player to ever live at certain positions, and it won't matter if your QB sucks the shit.

More often than not, an Elite QB goes to/wins the superbowl.
Every once in a great while, a mediocre one can do it when surrounded by a great team.

I'd think it's easier to find that 1 guy, than finding the "right 53".

B14ckmon
03-14-2013, 11:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/a21bAYO.gif

BigCatDaddy
03-14-2013, 11:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/a21bAYO.gif

Ok, I LOL'd.

patteeu
03-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Whoops. Elway took 3 average teams to the dance while being handcuffed by his HC.

Next argument.

... and lost them right? Should I be using Heath Shuler, Carson Palmer, Tim Couch, David Carr, Ryan Leaf, or any of a bajillion other highly-touted saviors instead?

duncan_idaho
03-14-2013, 11:29 AM

Then the conventional wisdom is dumb.

Elway didn't win a Super Bowl until he had a better team around him, including a RB, and an offensive system that took full advantage of his immense natural abilities.

Fruit Ninja
03-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Post after post what I gather from you is that QB is not the most important position on the field.

What I'm trying to say is that you can have the best player to ever live at certain positions, and it won't matter if your QB sucks the shit.

Every once in a great while, a mediocre one can do it when surrounded by a great team.

Yup yet the chiefs try it the hardest possible way and have failed time and time again. Then the organization keeps trying to do it that way.

It's mind boggling that it keeps happening. The chiefs are the only franchise in the nfl keeps trying it this way. Shouldn't that tell the fans hey this is wrong.

DaKCMan AP
03-14-2013, 11:30 AM

pat's stuck in the 80's-90's. He's repeatedly undervalued the QB position all over this board. I'd say he should just stick to the DC forum but he's just as lost over there. Sad story.

MahiMike
03-14-2013, 11:30 AM
Why do you guys continue to torment yourselves?

BigCatDaddy
03-14-2013, 11:31 AM

It's the Chiefs way.

ptlyon
03-14-2013, 11:32 AM

Elway didn't win a Super Bowl until he had a better team around him, including a RB, and an offensive system that took full advantage of his immense natural abilities.

I'm not sure what eating corn on the cob thru a picket fence has anything to do with this, but ok.

Fruit Ninja
... and lost them right? Should I be using Heath Shuler, Carson Palmer, Tim Couch, David Carr, Ryan Leaf, or any of a bajillion other highly-touted saviors instead?

But they tried they gave it a shot. The chiefs don't try. They just submit to striving for mediocre.

DaKCMan AP

Masochists.

Inmem58
Geno Smith had a very good pro day. 60-64 passes, 2 passes were drops.

Inmem58
03-14-2013, 11:33 AM
@tweetydimes: "@ByJimCorbett: Geno Smith finished sharp throwing showcase 60 of 64 with two drops both by Stedman Bailey great zip, accuracy on move

patteeu
03-14-2013, 11:34 AM

You're not getting me then. QB is by far the most important position on the field. But a bad QB isn't better than a good player at another position. And drafting isn't a game of pure chance like roulette where the only way to win is to take a chance and it doesn't really matter which spin you bet on.

I'm in favor of making it *the* top priority to find an elite QB. I don't agree that the only way to pursue that goal is to use the first pick of *this* draft on a QB. I'm not saying that is a bad approach, I'm just saying that it's not a no-brainer good approach like many around here believe. That belief comes primarily from what I'll call a "roulette mindset" (based on an assumption of pure chance) no matter how many youtube videos these people watch to help them rationalize their position.

patteeu
03-14-2013, 11:37 AM

So the elite QB can't do it alone and you essentially agree with the point I was making (that judging a player exclusively on the basis of team performance is foolish) even if you think you were undermining it.

saphojunkie
03-14-2013, 11:39 AM
If the Chiefs drafted Geno Smith, I would buy season tickets, and I live 1600 miles away.

As it stands, Buffalo will be trading up. They absolutely need to make a huge splash at the QB position or they're fanbase is going to bail. Sounds really familiar, but at least THEIR owner is aware of it.

patteeu
pat's stuck in the 80's-90's. He's repeatedly undervalued the QB position all over this board. I'd say he should just stick to the DC forum but he's just as lost over there. Sad story.

I've never undervalued the QB position.

Mr. Laz
Why do you guys continue to torment yourselves?yep, spent too much for Alex Smith to turn around and draft Geno Smith.

sorry :huh:

penbook
03-14-2013, 11:40 AM
28/32 teams were at Genos pro day including Chiefs, Jaguars, Raiders, and Bills. No Cardinals.

patteeu
03-14-2013, 11:40 AM
But they tried they gave it a shot. The chiefs don't try. They just submit to striving for mediocre.

Trying (in one particular way) might be enough for you, but it's not enough for me.

saphojunkie
03-14-2013, 11:41 AM
28/32 teams were at Genos pro day including Chiefs, Jaguars, Raiders, and Bills. No Cardinals.

The Arizona Cassinals.

ILChief
03-14-2013, 11:44 AM
"we" didn't win anything.

You know who did? The Cowboys.

You know how they did it?

Taking a QB first overall and still spent a second rounder to take another qb in the supplemental draft.
And trading Herschell Walker for ten thousand picks

notorious
03-14-2013, 11:45 AM
And trading Herschell Walker for ten thousand picks

And they were able to keep their talent due to no salary cap.

B14ckmon
03-14-2013, 11:45 AM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9051904&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Geno interview at pro day

notorious
03-14-2013, 11:46 AM
How much salary would Geno get if he was drafted #1?

Bowser
03-14-2013, 11:47 AM
If the Chiefs drafted Geno Smith, I would buy season tickets, and I live 1600 miles away.

As it stands, Buffalo will be trading up. They absolutely need to make a huge splash at the QB position or they're fanbase is going to bail. Sounds really familiar, but at least THEIR owner is aware of it.

I live 16 miles away, and I'm waiting to see if we draft Geno before I get tickets or not.

penbook
03-14-2013, 11:47 AM

About 5 mil a year.

ptlyon
03-14-2013, 11:48 AM

Just guessing, but less than A. Smith.

AdumbGuy

Agree. The disturbing part was the press conference where Alex Smith was named the unquestionable starter. Don't care what he did for the 9ers, he hasn't done anything yet for the Chiefs. If he is in fact the best qb on our roster, he's the starter. Just reeks of Casselism from the FO, but I hope I'm wrong.

I'd rather they drafted a qb somewhere, even if it's not the preferred geno, and then give the best guy the job.

notorious
About 5 mil a year.

Wow.

That is a cheap investment. This can still happen.

B14ckmon
03-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Dana talking about how hot Geno is;

http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/03/14/geno-smith-gets-a-solid-nfl-referral-from-his-college-coach/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

KILLER_CLOWN

I blame Dick Cheney.

B14ckmon
Wow.

Lol.

Mr. Laz
03-14-2013, 11:50 AM

I realize nobody gives a shit ... but drafting a QB #1 after trading for Alex Smith would be like dropping an atomic bomb. Alex Smith would be totally undermined considering he just lost his job to a draft guy in San Fran. Alex Smith didn't feel support from his organization before.

I just don't see how it could possibly happen.

ptlyon
03-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Agree. The disturbing part was the press conference where Alex Smith was named the unquestionable starter. Don't care what he did for the 9ers, he hasn't done anything yet for the Chiefs. If he is in fact the best qb on our roster, he's the starter. Just reeks of Casselism from the FO, but I hope I'm wrong.

I'd rather they drafted a qb somewhere, even if it's not the preferred geno, and then give the best guy the job.

Whats even more disturbing, is that he won't be the starter come week 17

Bowser
03-14-2013, 11:52 AM

Hey, that's fine. I have zero problem with Geno coming in and sitting behind Alex, as unlikely as it sounds to have a top draft pick sit the bench.

There are stories out there where Kaepernick talks about Alex being a great teammate after he was benched. Kap called him an extra coach on the field.

And just fuck right off with whatever you're about to type in response, B14ckmon.

notorious
03-14-2013, 11:52 AM
I realize nobody gives a shit ... but drafting a QB #1 after trading for Alex Smith would be like dropping an atomic bomb. Alex Smith would be totally undermined considering he just lost his job to a draft guy in San Fran. Alex Smith didn't feel support from his organization before.

Let me dream, if only for another month.

I still want to get more picks and draft another project QB.

Mr. Laz
03-14-2013, 11:53 AM
Let me dream, if only for another month.

I still want to get more picks and draft another project QB.
sorry, my bad.

carry on

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Wow.

Not with the chiefs cap room not gonna pay someone 5m to ride the bench.

Sorter
About 5 mil a year.

So, if we had him, Alex, and Chase all on the roster it be roughly a 16.5 cap hit?

notorious
sorry, my bad.

carry on

Nah, I am not a Hardcore Geno fan. Thank goodness.

Bowser
Whats even more disturbing, is that he won't be the starter come week 17

A true possibility, given him being prone to injury.

Surely Reid and Dorsey know that the more quarterbacks you have, the better, right? And that this is a QB driven league?

Smith > Cassel
Geno > Quinn
Chase > Stanzi

Fucking do it.

BigCatDaddy
03-14-2013, 11:55 AM

Unless he knew he was a place holder. Regardless he'll get at least 1 full season at the starter with no pressure since they brought in Daniel to be the backuup.

Bowser
03-14-2013, 11:55 AM
So, if we had him, Alex, and Chase all on the roster it be roughly a 16.5 cap hit?

Remind me - how much was Cassel going to cost us this year, had Pioli been here and kept him?

Sorter
03-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Remind me - how much was Cassel going to cost us this year, had ***** been here and kept him?

I think 7M?

Bowser
03-14-2013, 11:58 AM

I get the point you're making, but Alex Smith or any other QB shouldn't need to be coddled. Show a little mental fortitude and go out and take the fucking job, instead of being all pissy they took a QB with the first pick.

We all have very fresh memories of what happened with the Chiefs the last time the front office chose to baby their starting QB.

Bowser
03-14-2013, 11:59 AM
I think 7M?

You're right. I was getting Cassel's and Jackson's cap numbers flipped in my head.

notorious
03-14-2013, 12:00 PM
I get the point you're making, but Alex Smith or any other QB shouldn't need to be coddled. Show a little mental fortitude and go out and take the ****ing job, instead of being all pissy they took a QB with the first pick.

We all have very fresh memories of what happened with the Chiefs the last time the front office chose to baby their starting QB.

I agree. Show me a coddled QB and I will show you a loser.

saphojunkie
03-14-2013, 12:03 PM
The veteran trade.
The local hero.
The first overall pick.

EVERYONE WOULD BE HAPPY. PERIOD.

Drafting Geno would immediately rejuvenate every single fan of this franchise. Every person who cares about the Chiefs would have at least one guy they were rooting for to win the job and succeed.

It's quite simply the boldest, strongest, most energizing move you could make for a franchise that has floundered for twenty years. It's the only thing that makes any ****ing sense. Take one offseason, and like Andy Reid said, address the QB position through "trade, free agency, and the draft."

You would have done all three, reclaimed your fan base, injected pure hope and confidence into your team's future, and bought your front office and coaching staff years of development with the players.

It's the only thing to do.

Which is why it won't happen.

Oh, and anyone saying that you don't draft the number one QB and sit him as some kind of arbitrary rule of football can **** right off. You get your QB no matter what, and I don't care if you do it by drafting a left tackle and having HIM play QB. However you get that franchise guy, however you develop him, is the right way.

lcarus
03-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Dana talking about how hot Geno is;

http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/03/14/geno-smith-gets-a-solid-nfl-referral-from-his-college-coach/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

You don't have to tell me honey. Have you seen his ass do work in those tights? :p

ptlyon
03-14-2013, 12:05 PM
A true possibility, given him being prone to injury.

Surely Reid and Dorsey know that the more quarterbacks you have, the better, right? And that this is a QB driven league?

I hope so. And don't call me Shirley.

ptlyon
03-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Honestly, especially after the Daniels pickup, I didn't think Geno was a possibility.

The more I keep thinking about it, it would be stupid if it weren't true.

Sorter
03-14-2013, 12:11 PM
You're right. I was getting Cassel's and Jackson's cap numbers flipped in my head.

Seeing 17+ as his cap # is etched permanently into my brain, even if he won't receive it this year.

B14ckmon
03-14-2013, 12:14 PM
WVSports.com ‏@WVSportsDotCom

RT @marc_b: Still waiting on Geno for his post Pro Day presser. Word is he's still talking with the #Jaguars #WVUProDay

saphojunkie
03-14-2013, 12:15 PM
WVSports.com ‏@WVSportsDotCom

RT @marc_b: Still waiting on Geno for his post Pro Day presser. Word is he's still talking with the #Jaguars #WVUProDay

Sweet. Keep talking to the Jags, bro. Let everybody know that the only way to get Geno is to trade up to #1.

B14ckmon
03-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Sweet. Keep talking to the Jags, bro. Let everybody know that the only way to get Geno is to trade up to #1.

Will do.

Old Dog
03-14-2013, 12:17 PM
I realize nobody gives a shit ... but drafting a QB #1 after trading for Alex Smith would be like dropping an atomic bomb.

I'm with you bro. It worked to end WWII with Japan, it may as well end our Super Bowl drought too.

saphojunkie
03-14-2013, 12:18 PM
I'm with you bro. It worked to end WWII with Japan, it may as well end our Super Bowl drought too.

I want to see a Mel Kiper and Todd McShay atomic shadow.

Dicky McElephant
03-14-2013, 12:20 PM
Will do.

Joeckel will look pretty awesome in a Jags jersey.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Joeckel will look pretty awesome in a Jags jersey.

Yup I think the Jags take Joeckel.

BigCatDaddy
03-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Yup I think the Jags take Joeckel.

I've been seeing Fisher mocked to them a little as well. I wouldn't be suprised to see Lane Johnson jump up there and grab that spot though.

Dicky McElephant
03-14-2013, 12:24 PM
It's all going to work out for you B14ckmon.

Joeckel moves to RT for the 1st year and then takes over after Eugene Monroe is gone next year.

B14ckmon
03-14-2013, 12:24 PM
I've been seeing Fisher mocked to them a little as well. I wouldn't be suprised to see Lane Johnson jump up there and grab that spot though.

No chance the Jaguars take a OT. They never get our pick right because they never pay attention to us or do homework.

Cephalic Trauma
03-14-2013, 12:29 PM
You have to be some kind of loser to be a Jaguar fan (LMAO) trolling a Chiefs board about Geno.

Rock bottom: You've hit it.

Cephalic Trauma
03-14-2013, 12:30 PM
No chance the Jaguars take a OT. They never get our pick right because they never pay attention to us or do homework.

Have you ever given them a reason to?

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

ESPN's Todd McShay on Geno Smith: "The #Jaguars are meeting with him as we speak. They have a lot of interest. #Raiders rumored as well."

ptlyon
03-14-2013, 12:31 PM

They ain't smart enough to fly banners

Old Dog
03-14-2013, 12:32 PM
You have to be some kind of loser to be a Jaguar fan (LMAO) trolling a Chiefs board about Geno.

I assume Blackmon (or whatever its name is) is still trying to gove full blown aids to the board. "Univeral Ignore" is AWESOME

Dicky McElephant
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

ESPN's Todd McShay on Geno Smith: "The #Jaguars are meeting with him as we speak. They have a lot of interest. #Raiders rumored as well."

That's going to be just fucking great.

We blew our fucking load on Alex Smith and Chase Daniel while a team like the Jags or Raiders get Geno Smith. The Chiefs better start talking the Bills into how much they want our fucking pick.

AndChiefs

Not #1 material. Would be a reach there. Fine to pick him #2 though.

B14ckmon
03-14-2013, 12:33 PM

Like the two AFC Championship games? When we knocked Elway out of the playoffs? When we destroyed Marino and the dolphins in his last game in the NFL? When we beat the Steelers in the Wild Card Game and then came close to beating the Patriots?

And I am trolling by posting stuff about Geno...in a Geno Pro Day thread? Get the fuck out of here lol

Dicky McElephant
03-14-2013, 12:33 PM
PAY ATTENTION TO US!!!!! WE CAME CLOSE!!!!

ptlyon
03-14-2013, 12:34 PM
That's going to be just ****ing great.

We blew our ****ing load on Alex Smith and Chase Daniel while a team like the Jags or Raiders get Geno Smith. The Chiefs better start talking the Bills into how much they want our ****ing pick.

Take it easy Francis...

Dicky McElephant
03-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Take it easy Francis...

Yeah....it's going to be awesome watching Alex Smith get close to 200 yards a game and take 3-4 sacks.

ptlyon
03-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Yeah....it's going to be awesome watching Alex Smith get close to 200 yards a game and take 3-4 sacks in the 6 games hes a Chief.

FYP

lcarus
03-14-2013, 12:41 PM

Is it just me or has there been a lot of Jags fans trolling here (in good fun) lately. More than Denver fans...

Dayze
03-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Not #1 material. Would be a reach there. Fine to pick him #2 though.

LMAO
I'm assuming sarcasm.

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-14-2013, 12:55 PM
Todd McShay ‏@McShay13

Geno Smith put on a show. Tavon Austin stole the show!

philfree
03-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Todd McShay ‏@McShay13

Geno Smith put on a show. Tavon Austin stole the show!

GEt the trade done and then draft Austin. He's going to make a big impact where ever he goes.

Dicky McElephant
03-14-2013, 12:58 PM
FFS.....get the trade done now so I don't have to fucking worry about this shit anymore.

KC_Lee
03-14-2013, 12:59 PM
FFS.....get the trade done now so I don't have to ****ing worry about this shit anymore.

This. Just take any chance of KC drafting a RT at 1.1 away now.

Cephalic Trauma
03-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Like the two AFC Championship games? When we knocked Elway out of the playoffs? When we destroyed Marino and the dolphins in his last game in the NFL? When we beat the Steelers in the Wild Card Game and then came close to beating the Patriots?

And I am trolling by posting stuff about Geno...in a Geno Pro Day thread? Get the **** out of here lol

A. You and their 10 other fans are the only ones who remember that shit.
B. How much of that has come in the last decade?
C. You aren't posting stuff about geno, you are being a complete cumstain about us not drafting him when you know that many people here are pissed about it.
D. From pretty much everyone here, **** off. Your posts are essentially negative attention-whorish drivel that nobody wants to read.

AndChiefs
03-14-2013, 01:28 PM
LMAO
I'm assuming sarcasm.

You might be right. ;)

B14ckmon
03-14-2013, 01:32 PM
C. You aren't posting stuff about geno, you are being a complete cumstain about us not drafting him when you know that many people here are pissed about it.
D. From pretty much everyone here, **** off. Your posts are essentially negative attention-whorish drivel that nobody wants to read.

Reported for sexual harassment. I got the innuendos, pervert.

Mike in SW-MO
03-14-2013, 01:32 PM

I LOVE other team fans loving on Geno. Drive up that bidding war. I'd take J-villes 1 & 2 this year and next. I'd rather have their's than the Raider's. But we might swing Buff's 1-3 this year plus next year 1&2 if they want it bad enough.

(But I'd still rather have Geno.)

B14ckmon
03-14-2013, 01:33 PM
I LOVE other team fans loving on Geno. Drive up that bidding war. I'd take J-villes 1 & 2 this year and next. I'd rather have their's than the Raider's. But we might swing Buff's 1-3 this year plus next year 1&2 if they want it bad enough.

(But I'd still rather have Geno.)

Why would we give up our first next year when we are rebuilding lol. At least think before coming up with these ideas. Our first will likely be a Clowney/Bridgewater pick next year.

saphojunkie
03-14-2013, 01:36 PM
I ****ing hate Todd McShay. "Geno put on a show!"

Oh are you convinced now, you ****ing hack? Does he have a precious "first round grade" from you now, ****face?

Rot in hell, you piece of shit. I hope you are in a head on collision with Alex Smith the night before the draft so KC can finally have a legit QB without jackasses like you critiquing it.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2013, 01:47 PM
I LOVE other team fans loving on Geno. Drive up that bidding war.

Uh, the fans have nothing to do with personnel decisions of NFL front offices, especially the draft.