PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The constant negativity is tiresome. Who is ready to join me and move on?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BigRedChief
03-14-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm finding this constant negativity tiresome. We have sucked for years. We were an embarrassment. A big fucking joke. I'm done with the negativity.

I wanted Geno. I think we overpaid for Smith. I'm scratching my head over some of their moves.

Reid and Dorsey obviously have a plan. For crissakes, Reid watched every down of every player for the whole fucking year before he even met with Clark. I'm going to give them AT LEAST a half a season before I start calling them dumb-asses and screaming for their head.

I don't think I'm accepting mediocrity by choosing to not scream and yell and be totally pissed off by the moves so far. If you think so, you are entitled to you opinion.

I was an early and financial supporter of SOC. Season ticket holder for years. I think anyone would label me a hard core Chiefs fan. Just like most of the posters on this board. We deserve better than we have been given by our team. I will be a Chiefs fan until I become worm food. Lifes too short to go around pissed all the time. I did enough of that the last few years.

I'm going to chose to hope that Reid and Dorseys plan is sound and will result in the return of winning football and our first playoff win since the Montana era. Who's with me?

Mr. Flopnuts
03-14-2013, 03:57 PM
I did this awhile ago with my Alex Smith thread. You may as well deal with it. People are entitled to their opinion. Sift through what you don't want to read.

MrGiggity
03-14-2013, 03:57 PM
If thats your ass in the pic. Yea I'll join.

Pawnmower
03-14-2013, 03:58 PM
yayyyyyyyyyy

http://www.myholigay.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/gay-travel-gay-pride-taiwan.jpg

KILLER_CLOWN
03-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Nope, you can't talk me off of the ledge..I'm still jumping.

SuperChief
03-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Couldn't agree more. People want to try and spot patterns all day and, honestly, hope for the worst. That way of thinking drains the shit out of me, personally. Think what you want, of course.

MTG#10
03-14-2013, 03:59 PM
I feel pretty much the same. I was devastated when I found out about Alex Smith, and Im still pissed off this stupid franchise refuses to draft a QB early but it is what it is I guess and none of my bitching or moaning is going to change a thing. That being said, if we dont win a playoff game in the next two years this team will be dead to me.

gblowfish
03-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Now it's time on Chiefs Planet when we DANCE...

Dayze
03-14-2013, 04:01 PM
with the Alex Smith deal, they['re on a short leash for me. For me that was a big strike 1. not necessarily the player, but the cost to get him was retarded.

they've got the draft to continue to prove to me. I like FA so far.

I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt on anything. Done with that shit.
"Show Me" or GTFO. Tired of the benefit of the doubt shit that has gone on here for 30 years.

KILLER_CLOWN
Who's jumping to their death with me? You can scream whatever you want when you jump, just fyi.

Poll fail as well, where is the I like the FA moves other than QB which is the most important position by far.

Count Zarth
Sorry, just can't get excited about a QB who's a game manager, and nothing else. Literally. He's MORE of a game manager than our last QB.

-King-
03-14-2013, 04:02 PM
No one is forcing you to read it.

scott free
I've gotten my pouting out of the way, all of these recent moves have really helped.

So yeah, i'm in... Just Make It Work, Andy.

*ready, BREAK!*

Stewie
CP dumbasses >>>>>>>>> Personnel in the NFL.

seems?

KCChiefsFan88
03-14-2013, 04:03 PM
I see deja vu bad with Alex Smith... I see Matt Cassel, I see Elvis Grbac, I see Steve Bono.

This move hurts even more because this offseason the Chiefs are in the driver's seat to draft a franchise QB in Geno Smith.

I'll give Dorsey/Reid one season to prove me wrong, but the QB is the foundation and the foundation is wrong.

BossChief
03-14-2013, 04:03 PM
The best I can come up with is that I thought the team would have a chance at winning the division last year with Orton.

Brock
03-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Fuck off.

BigRedChief
03-14-2013, 04:07 PM
I did this awhile ago with my Alex Smith thread. You may as well deal with it. People are entitled to their opinion. Sift through what you don't want to read.I don't want people to change their opinion. Everyone on here has a right to post their opinion. We just don't need to hear the same negative opinion in every single thread.

It blows up and we suck again, SOC II will rise. We know how to get it done. We got it, your pissed. Lifes just too short. Let's move on.

BigRedChief
03-14-2013, 04:08 PM
I see deja vu bad with Alex Smith... I see Matt Cassel, I see Elvis Grbac, I see Steve Bono.

This move hurts even more because this offseason the Chiefs are in the driver's seat to draft a franchise QB in Geno Smith.

I'll give Dorsey/Reid one season to prove me wrong, but the QB is the foundation and the foundation is wrong.And I can't argue with absolute certainty that your opinion is wrong. It is what it is. You are not an idiot or misreading facts. Smith blowing up in our face is a valid opinion. It could happen.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-14-2013, 04:09 PM
I don't want people to change their opinion. Everyone on here has a right to post their opinion. We just don't need to hear the same negative opinion in every single thread.

It blows up and we suck again, SOC II will rise. We know how to get it done. We got it, your pissed. Lifes just too short. Let's move on.

Therein lies the problem, life is too short not to take a chance at any point during ours at taking a QB in the draft.

Old Dog
03-14-2013, 04:09 PM
See post #2, delete first sentence.

Brock
03-14-2013, 04:11 PM
"Come on, everybody! Sit down and enjoy a nice mouthful of shit with me! No negative vibes here!"

ceebz
I'm sorry, but, I just can't get excited about a team that's being led by Alex Smith. I've watched Smith play many times, and I just don't see what there is to like about him.

Trading what amounts to a mid first round pick for a veteran game manager, does not seem like a move a front office that's devoted to building a tradition of winning and challenging for championships makes. The move screams, "play it safe" and creep back to mediocrity to get asses back in the seats. Who the **** wants to root for that?

scott free
I know that in todays league quarterback is SO big, and Axl is underwhelming to pretty much everyone here... but on a good note, i'm honestly starting to see the makings of a big, fast, nasty defense similar to seattles.

If Poe can take a step, add in the recent signings with our already proven guys and then hopefully an excellent draft... yeah, its been bandied about and hoped for for years... but we might finally have that brutish, top ten D this year.

That'd help a bunch.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-14-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm sorry, but, I just can't get excited about a team that's being led by Alex Smith. I've watched Smith play many times, and I just don't see what there is to like about him.

Trading what amounts to a mid first round pick for a veteran game manager does not seem like a front office that devoted to building a tradition of winning and challenging for championships. The move screams, "play it safe" and creep back to mediocrity to get asses back in the seats. Who the **** wants to root for that?

70% of the Chief fanbase who want to go out and enjoy BBQ and a home win, 8-8 is good ya.

BigRedChief
03-14-2013, 04:12 PM

Trading what amounts to a mid first round pick for a veteran game manager does not seem like a front office that devoted to building a tradition of winning and challenging for championships. The move screams, "play it safe" and creep back to mediocrity to get asses back in the seats. Who the fuck wants to root for that?And I am not saying your wrong. I feel it is a valid reaction to the moves so far. :thumb:

Fairplay
03-14-2013, 04:13 PM
ESPN 2 is about to show the review of the chiefs pick-ups next.

scott free
"Come on, everybody! Sit down and enjoy a nice mouthful of shit with me! No negative vibes here!"

LMAO oh, you.

Pawnmower
And I can't argue with absolute certainty that your opinion is wrong. It is what it is. You are not an idiot or misreading facts. Smith blowing up in our face is a valid opinion. It could happen.

Its not even really about blowing up in our face....I'm sure he will dink n dunk for his 200 ypg and 1 TD.......which may be just enough to keep us out of the running for a real QB.....yet without much up-side.

I dont see much long term thinking going on, unless something shocking happens in April..

Its one approach, which is fine, its just not the approach I wanted to see.

But I still will root for every win on gameday, baby!

DaFace
Benefit of the doubt for me. I've spent much less time around here lately mainly because it's hard to sift through the constant bitching to find actual reasonable discussion.

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Sorry, but it's just insanely stupid not to use the 1st overall pick on a QB. I can't get past that.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-14-2013, 04:15 PM
Benefit of the doubt for me. I've spent much less time around here lately mainly because it's hard to sift through the constant bitching to find actual reasonable discussion.

You don't think it's reasonable to question the Alex Smith QBOTF move?

BigRedChief
03-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Benefit of the doubt for me. I've spent much less time around here lately mainly because it's hard to sift through the constant bitching to find actual reasonable discussion.Thats the same for me. I love the in your face honesty here. I wouldn't hang on any other Chiefs site because of the homerism. I'm not asking for that. Go to the Coalition if you want that. Just not every single thread with the same opinion.

We need to move on. It's done. the moves are made. What does it mean to us for the upcoming season? Wheres that discussion?

DaFace
03-14-2013, 04:18 PM
You don't think it's reasonable to question the Alex Smith QBOTF move?

Sure, that's reasonable. But there's a big difference in "You know, I'm skeptical that Alex Smith will improve to the point that he will lead us to the Super Bowl" and "OMFG ALEX SMITH IS WORSE THAN CASSEL. FUCK THIS TEAM!!11!"

OrtonsPiercedTaint
Quit trying to fix me bitch, If you don't like it leave. Oh...wait..

AdumbGuy
I literally have no other place to bitch about the chiefs than here. Everybody I know still thinks Matt Casshole is a good qb and that our O-line was probably just bad last year.

I can't go full homer for Reid/Dorsey because they traded a 2nd round pick for another team's game managing backup and declared that he would be the starter irrespective of any competition.

Even if I like what they're doing otherwise, I'd be a massive hypocrite for saying fuck pioli when he did EXACTLY that and just pretend it's ok for reid/dorsey to do it.

BigRedChief
03-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Sorry, but it's just insanely stupid not to use the 1st overall pick on a QB. I can't get past that.I agree. I wanted Geno. But you and me are not the GM/Head Coach. It is what it is. We just have to deal with it.

MagicHef
I'm certainly looking forward to this season.

KILLER_CLOWN
Thats the same for me. I love the in your face honesty here. I wouldn't hang on any other Chiefs site because of the homerism. I'm not asking for that. Go to the Coalition if you want that. Just not every single thread with the same opinion.

We need to move on. It's done. the moves are made. What does it mean to us for the upcoming season? Wheres that discussion?

It's the offseason man, it's just a discussion of the offseason at this point until we see some gameplay. I'm sure most will give it a chance when the season starts, just not without reservation.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Sure, that's reasonable. But there's a big difference in "You know, I'm skeptical that Alex Smith will improve to the point that he will lead us to the Super Bowl" and "OMFG ALEX SMITH IS WORSE THAN CASSEL. **** THIS TEAM!!11!"

LMAO
People come here to vent about the Chiefs, I don't see a problem with it. We don't need disgruntled postal workers that keep it all pent up inside.

Pawnmower
03-14-2013, 04:21 PM
I'd be a massive hypocrite for saying **** ***** when he did EXACTLY that and just pretend it's ok for reid/dorsey to do it.

POW
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZQVWjy3OYvM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NSFW cussing

theelusiveeightrop
03-14-2013, 04:22 PM
No tall buildings where I live.

Detoxing
03-14-2013, 04:22 PM

There has been plenty of reasonable discussion.

But people are pissed, and rightly so. So when they present their case and you don't agree, you interpret it as bitching.

There are two sides to an argument. Just because it's not your side, doesn't make it "bitching".

Bwana
03-14-2013, 04:25 PM
I myself am fine with what the team has done so far, but people also have the right to bitch.

Detoxing
Sure, that's reasonable. But there's a big difference in "You know, I'm skeptical that Alex Smith will improve to the point that he will lead us to the Super Bowl" and "OMFG ALEX SMITH IS WORSE THAN CASSEL. **** THIS TEAM!!11!"

Maybe that's because some people aren't skeptical but have actually formed a hard stance, and there aint shit wrong with that.

And if you were to look at pure numbers, yes, Alex Smith is worse than Matt Cassel.

That's not MY opinion, but it's easy to see how someone can come to that conclusion.

The people who say that have a valid argument, whether you or anyone else want to hear it or not.

Bacon Cheeseburger
Thats the same for me. I love the in your face honesty here. I wouldn't hang on any other Chiefs site because of the homerism. I'm not asking for that. Go to the Coalition if you want that. Just not every single thread with the same opinion.

That's been discussed. We'll go 8-8, win most of our home games and the true fans will be happy and Clark will make lots of money and be happy as well.

DaFace
03-14-2013, 04:26 PM
There has been plenty of reasonable discussion.

But people are pissed, and rightly so. So when they present their case and you don't agree, you interpret it as bitching.

There are two sides to an argument. Just because it's not your side, doesn't make it "bitching".

A large number of people have literally claimed that the Alex Smith trade was worse than the trade for Matt Cassel. If that's not just being bitchy, then people here are complete idiots whose sports opinions have no merit.

something cooler
03-14-2013, 04:27 PM
I AM IN MOTHER FUCKER

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-14-2013, 04:29 PM
I AM IN MOTHER FUCKER
:homer:

Pawnmower
03-14-2013, 04:30 PM
A large number of people have literally claimed that the Alex Smith trade was worse than the trade for Matt Cassel. If that's not just being bitchy, then people here are complete idiots whose sports opinions have no merit.

That is hypocritical, there is a very good argument that without the benefit of hindsight, the two trades are very similar.....

Cassel had only one season playing in the NFL , Smith has had 7 ......

If anything, Cassel was a swing in the dark......whereas Smith is a known quantity.

I personally think your quote above shows how biased(or ignorant of the realities of alex smith) you are.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-14-2013, 04:30 PM

I think both QB's are similar, the only real question is what Reid can do with him.

Fairplay
03-14-2013, 04:31 PM
I like the moves this pre-season so far even for Alex Smith. I have faith in Reid and Dorsey as well, I try to a positive person.

There are some negative nancy's on this board who have to constantly post that they hate the Smith trade over and over. I think they are just miserable people though.

BigRedChief
03-14-2013, 04:32 PM
I AM IN MOTHER FUCKERWait a mintue, you agree but insult me in the same post?

You are fully adapted to the Planet.:thumb:

DaFace
03-14-2013, 04:33 PM
That is hypocritical, there is a very good argument that without the benefit of hindsight, the two trades are very similar.....

Cassel had only one season playing in the NFL , Smith has had 7 ......

If anything, Cassel was a swing in the dark......whereas Smith is a known quantity.

I personally think your quote above shows how biased(or ignorant of the realities of alex smith) you are.

Uh, no. The 9ers are my #2 team. I've watched every game Alex has played (that didn't conflict with a Chiefs game) in the past three years.

Frosty
03-14-2013, 04:33 PM
I hated the traded and spazzed out completely when it was announced. Now that the reality has set in, there is nothing I can do about it now. So I can either change teams or I can learn to deal with it and hope that Dane is right that Reid and Dorsey have a long term plan. I will say that my expectations are even lower than last season and I reserve the right to bitch about it in the future if ASmith is mediocre and one of this classes' QBs blows up.

Pawnmower
03-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Uh, no. The 9ers are my #2 team. I've watched every game Alex has played (that didn't conflict with a Chiefs game) in the past three years.

And you feel he is more than a game manager type of QB? Maybe you shouldve watched a few more years....

BigRedChief
03-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Uh, no. The 9ers are my #2 team.#2 team? #2 TEAM? There can be only one.:shake:

Detoxing
03-14-2013, 04:36 PM

How are they being complete idiots? They have a legit argument.

See, you're just as guilty as they are. You wanna play the role of "wait and see" but refuse to acknowledge their very valid argument.

There is no more reason to label them an idiot than there is to label you an idiot.

If you truly were neutral like you say you are, then you'd understand their argument and not label them as "bitching"

notorious
03-14-2013, 04:36 PM
After Pioli, I don't get very mad at anything Chiefs related.

I will keep on doing what I have been doing: Hoping for the best, but not losing my shit when the status quo happens.

Guru
03-14-2013, 04:38 PM
Though I am really not happy with what we have done at QB, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt for this season. BUT, if it turns out my concerns were right, I'm ripping them a new one by the end of the season.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-14-2013, 04:39 PM
After *****, I don't get very mad at anything Chiefs related.

I will keep on doing what I have been doing: Hoping for the best, but not losing my shit when the status quo happens.

I've been there since Vermeils last year here.

keg in kc
03-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Moving on sounds great to me.

As in you can stop clicking on the threads that aren't all rainbows and unicorns so you can try to "educate" all us that aren't happy with the shit trade for Alex Smith.

If you're getting tired of hearing us bitch, it's nobody's fault but yours.

notorious
I've been there since Vermeils last year here.

It's nice, isn't it?

Perhaps I have grown up and figured out that football is (normally) fun to watch, but I have no control so why should I lose my shit?

track
I'm finding this constant negativity tiresome. We have sucked for years. We were an embarrassment. A big ****ing joke. I'm done with the negativity.

I wanted Geno. I think we overpaid for Smith. I'm scratching my head over some of their moves.

Reid and Dorsey obviously have a plan. For crissakes, Reid watched every down of every player for the whole ****ing year before he even met with Clark. I'm going to give them AT LEAST a half a season before I start calling them dumb-asses and screaming for their head.

I don't think I'm accepting mediocrity by choosing to not scream and yell and be totally pissed off by the moves so far. If you think so, you are entitled to you opinion.

I was an early and financial supporter of SOC. Season ticket holder for years. I think anyone would label me a hard core Chiefs fan. Just like most of the posters on this board. We deserve better than we have been given by our team. I will be a Chiefs fan until I become worm food. Lifes too short to go around pissed all the time. I did enough of that the last few years.

I'm going to chose to hope that Reid and Dorseys plan is sound and will result in the return of winning football and our first playoff win since the Montana era. Who's with me?

I thought the negativity was related to the last regime and Cassel...but it's clear a lot of the people on this forum just like to bitch...probably are unhappy in their real life and so they bring it to the forum. Pretty sad place to be around. I am actively looking for a chiefs forum that doesn't have all the negativity and depressed personalities this place has.

Detoxing
Though I am really not happy with what we have done at QB, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt for this season. BUT, if it turns out my concerns were right, I'm ripping them a new one by the end of the season.

Yeah but if you dare voice those concerns, then you're just a miserable person who like bitching.

So hush hush about it, k? You miserable little human being, you.

DaFace
How are they being complete idiots? They have a legit argument.

See, you're just as guilty as they are. You wanna play the role of "wait and see" but refuse to acknowledge their very valid argument.

There is no more reason to label them an idiot than there is to label you an idiot.

If you truly were neutral like you say you are, then you'd understand their argument and not label them as "bitching"

I'm neutral in the sense that I think it's important we give the people we were all so excited about and have done a great job otherwise the benefit of the doubt - that's all. I don't claim that Alex will be the best QB we've ever had - only that claiming that our franchise is doomed forever because of it is silly.

I do think comparing Alex (who has improved pretty much every year) to Cassel (who had a moderately OK year once) is completely unfair, but I've never claimed that Alex will be the team's savior.

Maybe that's what it comes down to - I get tired of everyone arguing whether things are black or white when I'd like to see more discussion about what shade of grey it is.

Count Zarth
03-14-2013, 04:41 PM
I do think comparing Alex (who has improved pretty much every year) to Cassel (who had a moderately OK year once) is completely unfair.

Why not?

They have the exact same characteristics as football players.

And even you aren't admitting that Cassel had TWO years that were "moderately OK."

Smith had 1.5 years that were moderately OK.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-14-2013, 04:42 PM
It's nice, isn't it?

Perhaps I have grown up and figured out that football is (normally) fun to watch, but I have no control so why should I lose my shit?

It's much better than living and dieing with the wins/losses, Yes you are correct in the end we're just fans. It's just a tossup of who we're stuck with to root for, fandom isn't always easy but it's much better when you learn your lucky shirt or taking a crap at a certain time has ZERO effect on how your team plays. ;)

Detoxing
03-14-2013, 04:42 PM
I thought the negativity was related to the last regime and Cassel...but it's clear a lot of the people on this forum just like to bitch...probably are unhappy in their real life and so they bring it to the forum. Pretty sad place to be around. I am actively looking for a chiefs forum that doesn't have all the negativity and depressed personalities this place has.

Yeah, because i'm sure you and you're 91 posts have been here long enough to understand a culture that's been brewing since the DV era. Get outta here with that shit.

I find it odd that all of you happy, positive people are constantly having to take personal shots at these so called "Miserable" people, simply for not sticking their heads in the sand when it comes to this trade.

Old Dog
03-14-2013, 04:45 PM
As in you can stop clicking on the threads that aren't all rainbows and unicorns so you can try to "educate" all us that aren't happy with the shit trade for Alex Smith.
If you're getting tired of hearing us bitch, it's nobody's fault but yours.

That wouldn't fit in with the drama queens status quo

Direckshun
03-14-2013, 04:47 PM
I just do my thing. Those will similar attitudes will follow and gravitate, and I to them. Those who rightfully have issues will have their say, and those who just want to rain on parades are pretty easy to weed out.

Tuckdaddy
I am with you BABY!

Detoxing
I'm neutral in the sense that I think it's important we give the people we were all so excited about and have done a great job otherwise the benefit of the doubt - that's all. I don't claim that Alex will be the best QB we've ever had - only that claiming that our franchise is doomed forever because of it is silly.

I do think comparing Alex (who has improved pretty much every year) to Cassel (who had a moderately OK year once) is completely unfair, but I've never claimed that Alex will be the team's savior.

Maybe that's what it comes down to - I get tired of everyone arguing whether things are black or white when I'd like to see more discussion about what shade of grey it is.

In 2009 There was a lot of grey, a lot of white, and very little bit of black. Because we're essentially doing the same thing yet again, you're simply seeing a shift and some people around here aren't able to cope with it.

Now we have a lot more who were gray, turning black and a lot more who were white, turning gray.

Old Dog
03-14-2013, 04:48 PM

Here you go:
Bye (http://chiefscoalition.com)

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-14-2013, 04:49 PM
:whackit:

05 - 4-12...Game Starts...7 (W-2)
06 - 7-9.......................16 (W-7)
07 - 5-11.......................7 (W-2)
08 - 7-9........................0 (W-0)
09 - 8-8.......................10 (W-5)
10 - 6-10......................10 (W-3)
11 -13-3.......................16 (W-13)

NFL.com/players

TribalElder
03-14-2013, 04:53 PM
I got over it today

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Trading what amounts to a mid first round pick for a veteran game manager

What?

How does #34 overall equate to #16 overall?

JASONSAUTO
03-14-2013, 04:57 PM

If you're getting tired of hearing us bitch, it's nobody's fault but yours. this
Posted via Mobile Device

JASONSAUTO
03-14-2013, 04:58 PM
What?

It's been said a lot. They are using this years second and the value of next years second and equating that to a mid first
Posted via Mobile Device

Pawnmower
03-14-2013, 05:03 PM
can ANYONE explain how 3-7 in 2010 is 'getting better every year' ? was it the awesome 59% completion ratio ?

please?

Pawnmower
03-14-2013, 05:04 PM
What?

I think he is saying the 34th plus the other second rounder would equal into the 1st, which it would....but probably not 16...but i suppose we'd need to know the pick

-King-
03-14-2013, 05:07 PM

Whoa. How exactly has Alex Smith improved every year?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-14-2013, 05:10 PM
You'll have my decision on draft day. Until then; hater gonna' hate.
Posted via Mobile Device

Molitoth
03-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Whoa. How exactly has Alex Smith improved every year?
Posted via Mobile Device

While his TEAM improved every year, Alex Smith was the key piece that needed replaced to get to a superbowl.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2013, 05:12 PM
While his TEAM improved every year, Alex Smith was the key piece that needed replaced to get to a superbowl.

Complete speculation

bevischief

This!

lcarus
Yeah I'm ready to move on. I want the Chiefs to be fun again. It's frustrating as hell, but I'll let Dorsey/Reid have a crack at it before I start lumping them in with Pioli and company.

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-14-2013, 05:13 PM
GURU IS FUCKING PISSED - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

BigRedChief
03-14-2013, 05:14 PM
I thought the negativity was related to the last regime and Cassel...but it's clear a lot of the people on this forum just like to bitch...probably are unhappy in their real life and so they bring it to the forum. Pretty sad place to be around. I am actively looking for a chiefs forum that doesn't have all the negativity and depressed personalities this place has.hey dipshit don't let the door hit you on the way out. You are looking for homers, look no farther than chiefscoalition.com.

No one here wants a homer board.

O.city
Yeah I'm ready to move on. I want the Chiefs to be fun again. It's frustrating as hell, but I'll let Dorsey/Reid have a crack at it before I start lumping them in with ***** and company.

The Chiefs are as fun as you make them. You have no say in what they do, so sit back and be a homer. It's sports, it's what you are supposed to do for your team.

No point getting all pissed.

JASONSAUTO
Complete speculation

Year before with Smith? No super bowl

Smith gets replaced? Super bowl.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Sure, that's reasonable. But there's a big difference in "You know, I'm skeptical that Alex Smith will improve to the point that he will lead us to the Super Bowl" and "OMFG ALEX SMITH IS WORSE THAN CASSEL. FUCK THIS TEAM!!11!"

This post drips with irony.

The fact of the matter is that people denigrating Smith as worse than Cassel are an incredibly small minority. I don't know if there are more than five posters who post regularly who have made such claims.

You're doing the exact thing you're accusing others of doing. There are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of reasonable, articulate posts that have explained why Smith won't work and they are the exact tenor of the first example you list.

Instead, you'd rather continue on with a constructed narrative that ChiefsPlanet is Fox News. It is, if you have a confirmation bias.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Year before with Smith? No super bowl

Smith gets replaced? Super bowl.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

Yeah, I suppose going to OT against the Super Bowl winning Giants in 2012 made Smith a failure.

LMAO

Hate on, Haters.

lcarus
03-14-2013, 05:18 PM
The Chiefs are as fun as you make them. You have no say in what they do, so sit back and be a homer. It's sports, it's what you are supposed to do for your team.

Yeah when I was younger, it didn't matter. I just loved watching the games. Of course...we were in the playoffs or in the hunt every season.

Count Zarth
Yeah, I suppose going to OT against the Super Bowl winning Giants in 2012 made Smith a failure.

He absolutely failed in that game. At a Casselian level.

It was a putrid performance.

Molitoth

facebook would be a great place for you to collectively suck off the chiefs.

Meanwhile, a lot of us are done giving the benefit of the doubt due to shitty regimes since 1969.

Ace Gunner

can you take wendler with you. thx now here a nice video
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wlq0lYB3iSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JASONSAUTO
03-14-2013, 05:19 PM
LMAO

LMAO

Hate on, Haters.
I didn't say it was a failure.

All I did was disagree somewhat with your post saying it was complete speculation
Posted via Mobile Device

Mavericks Ace
i love the fact that people keep throwing this game manager title on cassel.

He wasnt a game manager. He was a game loser.

Alex Smith manages the game so that his team doesnt turn the ball over, and wins.

Cassel is garbage. Alex Smith is more like recyclables. He can be reused, and be useful. Garbage just pollutes the air.

Molitoth

Oh, the chiefs will be fun this year... to laugh my ass of at.

O.city
03-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Yeah when I was younger, it didn't matter. I just loved watching the games. Of course...we were in the playoffs or in the hunt every season.

Honestly, before CP I enjoyed the Chiefs alot more. Now I over analyze things. So I'm going back to that, while still posting on CP.

Count Zarth
03-14-2013, 05:21 PM

In 2008 and 2010 he was a game manager who won plenty of games.

Just like Alex Smith.

Cassel has had more success in the NFL than Alex Smith, unfortunately for you.

Two winning seasons > 1.5 winning seasons.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2013, 05:21 PM

Riight.

The 49ers weren't leading 14-10 before that vaunted 49er's defense gave up a 4th quarter touchdown, right? Alex Smith didn't lead them to a tie, right?

Williams' muffed punts hurt the 49ers and put them in bad positions but it's Smith's fault they lost.

Mavericks Ace
03-14-2013, 05:22 PM

Highest, qb rating of anyone vs the giants in that playoffs.

Higher than Matt Ryan, Higher than Aaron Rodgers, higher than Tom Brady.

Didnt turn the ball over, didnt have ted ginn, or josh morgan. Had Brett Swain, a fat michael crabtree, vernon who he found for two tds, including the go ahead in the 3rd quarter. Had the team in position to go to the super bowl despite the fact that two of his top three receivers were PRACTICE SQUAD GUYS.

Game was played in a monsoon, against a defense in the giants that chewed up everybody in the playoffs, including the league MVP in aaron rodgers.

So fuck off with that he got destroyed bullshit. Bottom line is, without kyle williams effing up twice, they are in the super bowl.

Btw. Didnt Colin Kaepernick just lose the super bowl with a MORE talented team than alex smith had?

O.city
Riight.

The 49ers weren't leading 14-10 before that vaunted 49er's defense gave up a 4th quarter touchdown, right? Alex Smith didn't lead them to a tie, right?

Williams' muffed punts hurt the 49ers and put them in bad positions but it's Smith's fault they lost.

Smith going 0fer on 3rd downs in that game is what cost them.

Count Zarth
Riight.

They were something like 1 for 14 on third downs.

Alex Smith was 12 for 26.

He was absolutely at fault in that game.

Mavericks Ace
03-14-2013, 05:23 PM
In 2008 and 2010 he was a game manager who won plenty of games.

Just like Alex Smith.

Cassel has had more success in the NFL than Alex Smith, unfortunately for you.

Two winning seasons > 1.5 winning seasons.

Really? I didnt realize matt cassel had won a playoff game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Riight.

Who hurts a team more? The middle of the order hitter who goes 0-5 and leaves eight on base or the pinch hitter who GIDP to end the game.

JASONSAUTO
Riight.

Smith was terrible on third downs.

If you want to blame Williams you must blame Smith too. They were both terrible
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace
03-14-2013, 05:24 PM
LMAO

LMAO

Hate on, Haters.

I also think people tend to ignore how much luck and momentum have to do with NFL games. Hell, the 9ers beat the Giants that same season. If they'd played that series as a best of 5, it's entirely possible that the 9ers win a majority of the time.

Again, I'm fine with criticizing Alex. I just don't understand why it's a given that he's going to fail and that there's no reason to even root for the team anymore.

Mavericks Ace

No, two turnovers cost them. Period. Two special teams turnovers led to 10 points for the Giants.

That had nothing to do with alex smith.

DaneMcCloud

No, their defense giving up a 4th quarter touchdown and Kyle Williams' muffed returns is what cost them.

The Giants defense was sick at that point of the year. The 49ers put up as many points in that championship game as did the New England Patriots two weeks later in a Super Bowl loss.

But no one likes to talk about that aspect.

Ace Gunner

no dude. you have no damn clue what cassel's fail looks like -- that's why you pull out all the stats and preach gospel from them is because you don't fucking know the diff in QB'ing between a goddamn baseball pitcher throwing a football and an experienced crafted QB throwing a football.

Now don't go running off making shit up from this post. I am not saying Alex Smith spells success in any shape or form, in fact, I have been posting that the success of Reid is built on a badass bunch manning the OL. I can't even get a fix on this team's success next season until I see what the hell Reid & Dorsey do with Albert and the OL.

O.city
03-14-2013, 05:25 PM
No, two turnovers cost them. Period. Two special teams turnovers led to 10 points for the Giants.

So converting 1 third down the whole game didn't hurt them?

OrtonsPiercedTaint

Alex Smith manages the game so that his team doesnt turn the ball over, and wins.

Cassel is garbage. Alex Smith is more like recyclables. He can be reused, and be useful. Garbage just pollutes the air.

NFL.com/players

How is he much better than his backups?

Mavericks Ace
Who hurts a team more? The middle of the order hitter who goes 0-5 and leaves eight on base or the pinch hitter who GIDP to end the game.

at best, alex smith would be like a 7 hitter. Middle of the order. YIKES. who wants a singles hitter batting clean up?

Count Zarth
Really? I didnt realize matt cassel had won a playoff game.

Go fuck yourself.

JASONSAUTO
03-14-2013, 05:26 PM

Lol. Excuses.

Yes the turnovers hurt them. But if he would have extended some drives on third down maybe those situations wouldn't have happened
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2013, 05:27 PM

If Kyle Williams hadn't muffed punts (especially the punt in overtime), we might be talking about Alex Smith as a Super Bowl QB.

Even if that had happened, I think Harbaugh would have moved on to Kaepernick because he is an immensely talented dual threat QB.

JASONSAUTO
I also think people tend to ignore how much luck and momentum have to do with NFL games. Hell, the 9ers beat the Giants that same season. If they'd played that series as a best of 5, it's entirely possible that the 9ers win a majority of the time.

Again, I'm fine with criticizing Alex. I just don't understand why it's a given that he's going to fail and that there's no reason to even root for the team anymore.
1-14 in third downs didn't kill momentum?
Posted via Mobile Device

Cephalic Trauma

Please be true, please be true!

Count Zarth
no dude. you have no damn clue what cassel's fail looks like -- that's why you pull out all the stats and preach gospel from them is because you don't fucking know the diff in QB'ing between a goddamn baseball pitcher throwing a football and an experienced crafted QB throwing a football.

Who gives a crap about mechanics?

Alex Smith does a lot of the same things Matt Cassel does.

They're both subpar QBs.

O.city
Smith wasnt good in that game. IIRC, neither was Eli, but he made a few more plays. The 9ers didn't really have shit outside that year other than Davis at TE.

DaFace
1-14 in third downs didn't kill momentum?
Posted via Mobile Device

You clearly missed the point.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-14-2013, 05:28 PM
at best, alex smith would be like a 7 hitter. Middle of the order. YIKES. who wants a singles hitter batting clean up?

He's the goddamned quarterback. You just explained why this team won't win anything of consequence with him.

JASONSAUTO

If you think that about him why would we want him at qb again?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mavericks Ace

NFL.com/players

How is he much better than his backups?

I refuse to even acknowledge anything that is pre harbaugh. Its stupid. The entire franchise sucked ass. It really did. They paid no attention to upgrading the offense, or implementing a system that was comparable to the league these days. From Mike nolan to mike singletary, they were set back in the 80's of lets run run pass punt.

Alex Smith, was the worst qb on the face of the earth, until he met jim harbaugh.

Thats no lie. Now, is he the qb pre harbaugh, or after harbaugh?

Im going to go after harbaugh, and i dont see a huge drop off coming under reid.

DaneMcCloud
Lol. Excuses.

Yes the turnovers hurt them. But if he would have extended some drives on third down maybe those situations wouldn't have happened
Posted via Mobile Device

And if Tom Brady had extended some drives and not thrown an interception against those same Giants, maybe the Patriots would have won their fourth Super Bowl.

JASONSAUTO
You clearly missed the point.

I guess I did lol
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
Sigh.

Simplicity
I'm in.

Count Zarth
03-14-2013, 05:29 PM
And if Tom Brady had extended some drives and not thrown an interception against those same Giants, maybe the Patriots would have won their fourth Super Bowl.

Hey maybe if Joe Montana hadn't sucked the years the 49ers didn't win the Super Bowl they would have won the Super Bowl every year!

Mavericks Ace
He's the goddamned quarterback. You just explained why this team won't win anything of consequence with him.

Why do you think they are surrounding him with so many pieces? They realize that they cant rely on alex smith to win games.

Andy just doesnt want to turn the ball over. Hell, he could of kept cassel if he wanted to sling the ball all over. that guy had no fear. Alex refuses to take chances.

yes, you are going to have to rely on your running game, short passing game and defense.

Big deal.

ChiefsCountry
Bottom line is you aren't winning a Super Bowl with Alex Smith. Period.

JASONSAUTO
03-14-2013, 05:30 PM

And tom would be getting roasted if not for the rest of his career.

If Alex Smith had had the same career as Brady this conversation isn't taking place had we traded for him
Posted via Mobile Device

scott free
can you take wendler with you. thx now here a nice video
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wlq0lYB3iSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nothing throws a little levity into any situation quite like some Diamond Dave... well chosen :thumb:

For the record... i'm fine with people bitching and questioning, I'M still doing some questioning of my own, the difference is that i'm resigned to the fact that there isnt a damn thing i can do about it, so why not just hope for the best.

If those two minds somehow determined that Axl was our best bet, i'm willing to roll with that - for now - hopefully they know something about this we dont, thats what i'm going with because, well, what else can i go with?

But if it makes everyone feel better, helps them get used to this, bitch away... as BRC said, right now EVERYONES opinion is valid, axl defintely COULD blow up in our faces... for my own sanity, i simply choose to believe our braintrust is on top of this shit.

'Hamas' Jenkins
If Kyle Williams hadn't muffed punts (especially the punt in overtime), we might be talking about Alex Smith as a Super Bowl QB.

Even if that had happened, I think Harbaugh would have moved on to Kaepernick because he is an immensely talented dual threat QB.

And what about the 13 possessions that ended because the 49ers QB couldn't extend them?

The defense did its job. Competent QB'ing wins that game easily.

If you want to blame the 49er defense for a playoff loss, look at the SB, not last year's NFCCG. That's like blaming the Chiefs offense for the '03 loss when they made two mistakes all game.

Mavericks Ace
If you think that about him why would we want him at qb again?
Posted via Mobile Device

i dont know. 38 turnovers last year from your qbs?

going to a guy who threw 10 in the last two years?

seems like a step in the right direction to me. Especially when you have a top 3 running back in the league.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-14-2013, 05:31 PM
I refuse to even acknowledge anything that is pre harbaugh. Its stupid. The entire franchise sucked ass. It really did. They paid no attention to upgrading the offense, or implementing a system that was comparable to the league these days. From Mike nolan to mike singletary, they were set back in the 80's of lets run run pass punt.

Alex Smith, was the worst qb on the face of the earth, until he met jim harbaugh.

Thats no lie. Now, is he the qb pre harbaugh, or after harbaugh?

Im going to go after harbaugh, and i dont see a huge drop off coming under reid.

That gives us roughly one and half years(playing time) to judge the trade by then. Pardon us if we are not swayed.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-14-2013, 05:32 PM
Why do you think they are surrounding him with so many pieces? They realize that they cant rely on alex smith to win games.

Andy just doesnt want to turn the ball over. Hell, he could of kept cassel if he wanted to sling the ball all over. that guy had no fear. Alex refuses to take chances.

yes, you are going to have to rely on your running game, short passing game and defense.

Big deal.

Big deal?

How many teams in the last decade have won with that formula? Is it more than zero?

O.city
03-14-2013, 05:32 PM
I fail to recognize anything Cassel did pre Vikings time, the organization in KC was total shit.

O.city
03-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Big deal?

How many teams in the last decade have won with that formula? Is it more than zero?

While I agree, it's somewhat what the 9ers do.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-14-2013, 05:35 PM
I fail to recognize anything Cassel did pre Vikings time, the organization in KC was total shit.

PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-14-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm trying to understand how ASF can lambaste Nolan and Singletary for an antiquated strategy while concurrently suggesting we use the same strategy.

Molitoth
03-14-2013, 05:36 PM

Big deal.

Okay folks. This coming from the biggest Alex Smith homer ever.

You may as well just not post anymore. These are the exact reasons we don't want Alex Smith or ANY other QB who fits this mold on our team.

notorious
03-14-2013, 05:37 PM
CoMo just said is was a horrible trade in the other thread.

Take from it what you will.

'Hamas' Jenkins
If you can't rely on your quarterback to win games, you need a new quarterback. We're not talking M-theory here, this is incredibly easy information to understand based on a significant sample size and mounds of primary evidence.

notorious
Okay folks. This coming from the biggest Alex Smith homer ever.

It's about fucking time.

BigRedChief
03-14-2013, 05:39 PM
He's the goddamned quarterback. You just explained why this team won't win anything of consequence with him.And that may be the stone cold truth. But, its not fact as of yet.:rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2013, 05:39 PM
And what about the 13 possessions that ended because the 49ers QB couldn't extend them?

I think the entire offense and playcalling was at fault. It's difficult for me to lie the blame at the feet of Alex Smith, and that was decided long before the Chiefs traded for him.

The defense did its job. Competent QB'ing wins that game easily.

The defense gave up a 80 yard TD drive to the Giants in the fourth quarter, which allowed them to take the lead. Alex Smith drove them back down for a field goal, which tied the game.

If you want to blame the 49er defense for a playoff loss, look at the SB, not last year's NFCCG.

Actually, I blame the incredibly uncreative goal line playcalling for the 49er's loss in this year's Super Bowl. Why they didn't spread out their offense, which would have created lanes for Kaepernick to run, is baffling.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-14-2013, 05:40 PM
While I agree, it's somewhat what the 9ers do.

Not anymore.

Old Dog
03-14-2013, 05:41 PM
i dont know. 38 turnovers last year from your qbs?
going to a guy who threw 10 in the last two years?

nicely played the way you completely ignore both the fact that he didn't play in six games and also that he fumbled the ball away eight times as well.

Molitoth
03-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Would you guys quit trying to decide whether or not Alex Smith is GOOD or not over 1 game?

He has what? 8 seasons of tape to judge him by?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-14-2013, 05:42 PM
How can you blame an offense that scores 31 points for a loss when the defense and ST gives up 34?

Why is one sin more egregious than five?

Count Zarth
Matt Cassel didn't suck in the 2010 playoffs. The entire offense and playcalling was at fault!

OrtonsPiercedTaint
CoMo just said is was a horrible trade in the other thread.

Take from it what you will.

Everybody wins

TribalElder
03-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Alex smith sucks and last year is wasted because we will be trotting ol Alex out there for our home team instead of taking a chance on a rookie qb

TribalElder
03-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Fuck it tho, have to let it go

SNR
03-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Matt's going to look so fucking gay in purple.

I'm going to point and laugh

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Matt Cassel didn't suck in the 2010 playoffs. The entire offense and playcalling was at fault!

I don't remember Matt Cassel taking his team the length of the field in the fourth quarter to tie the Baltimore Ravens.

Am I mis-remembering?

'Hamas' Jenkins
I don't blame the 49er offense for the SB loss any more than I blame Drew Brees for the '11 playoff loss, or the Chiefs D for the losses in '95 and '97.

Except under the most exceptional of circumstances, if the other unit fails to score more than once or twice or gives up a ton of points, it's their fault.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
Chase Daniel is the winner, if he plays well. Alex misses games.

scott free
03-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Matt's going to look so ****ing gay in purple.

I'm going to point and laugh

Maybe Prince will write a special song for him thats just as bad as the last song he wrote for the vikings.

BigRedChief
03-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Alex smith sucks and last year is wasted because we will be trotting ol Alex out there for our home team instead of taking a chance on a rookie qbAt least we got rid of *****, Cassel and Cronell. The super secret culture, we are smarter than everyone else mentality. We will not go 2-14 next year. For those reasons alone, the 2-14 wasn't wasted.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2013, 05:48 PM
I don't blame the 49er offense for the SB loss any more than I blame Drew Brees for the '11 playoff loss, or the Chiefs D for the losses in '95 and '97.

I don't blame their offense for the loss, I blame their offensive coordinator for the loss. I still cannot understand why they didn't spread out their offense.

And Crabtree was most definitely interfered with. That was ridiculous.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-14-2013, 05:49 PM
I don't blame their offense for the loss, I blame their offensive coordinator for the loss. I still cannot understand why they didn't spread out their offense.

And Crabtree was most definitely interfered with. That was ridiculous.

Their OC still called plays that got them 31. What about the DC whose plays resulted in absolutely no pressure on Flacco despite a phenomenal pass rush?

Molitoth
03-14-2013, 05:49 PM
At least we got rid of *****, Cassel and Cronell. The super secret culture, we are smarter than everyone else mentality. We will not go 2-14 next year. For those reasons alone, the 2-14 wasn't wasted.

I suppose that is a good positive out of this offseason.

It just sucks knowing that if I tore down a building, I would start with some fresh lumber instead of going down the street to a garage sale and buying their old used up lumber.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-14-2013, 05:50 PM
I suppose that is a good positive out of this offseason.

It just sucks that when you tear down a building, you should start with some fresh lumber instead of going down the street to a garage sale and buying their old used up lumber.

Some people build skyscrapers, others build machine sheds.

zigbazah
03-14-2013, 05:52 PM

Big deal.
OH MY GOODNESS WTF! Here's a bright idea... why not draft someone that may develop into a QB that CAN DO THESE THINGS?

DaneMcCloud
Their OC still called plays that got them 31. What about the DC whose plays resulted in absolutely no pressure on Flacco despite a phenomenal pass rush?

The 49ers had four chances within their own 10 yard line to score and win the game. They came out with the same formation each time. It was uncreative as uncreative gets. They should have at least tried to spread out their defense in order for Kaep to use his legs and score, but they didn't even try.

I agree, their defense wasn't up to par, especially in the first half. It was like Jim Harbaugh and his entire staff was suffering from brain cramps.

That unintentional blackout changed the game.

Molitoth
Some people build skyscrapers, others build machine sheds.

The Chiefs are building an outhouse.

TribalElder
03-14-2013, 05:55 PM
At least we got rid of *****, Cassel and Cronell. The super secret culture, we are smarter than everyone else mentality. We will not go 2-14 next year. For those reasons alone, the 2-14 wasn't wasted.

Back to mediocrity, I agree much more fun than 2-14

JASONSAUTO
03-14-2013, 05:55 PM
I don't remember Matt Cassel taking his team the length of the field in the fourth quarter to tie the Baltimore Ravens.

Am I mis-remembering?

So we are excited about one drive?
Posted via Mobile Device

zigbazah
03-14-2013, 06:00 PM
As long as the CHunts are in charge, we'll never rebuild into a SB caliber team. Considering this team won't win a SB in the foreseeable future, I'd rather go 8-8 every year than 2-14.

track
03-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Yeah, because i'm sure you and you're 91 posts have been here long enough to understand a culture that's been brewing since the DV era. Get outta here with that shit.

I find it odd that all of you happy, positive people are constantly having to take personal shots at these so called "Miserable" people, simply for not sticking their heads in the sand when it comes to this trade.

I have been in the area and following the chiefs since before the chiefs moved to KC...so I know the ups and downs of the organization as well as anyone. I have seen them at the top of the mountain and at the bottom of the pit..last year. There isn't any way but up for this team from last year....you got to learn to walk before you can run.....talk of geno coming in here and instantly turning this franchise into a super bowl contender is just idiotic.

Psyko Tek
03-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Sorry, just can't get excited about a QB who's a game manager, and nothing else. Literally. He's MORE of a game manager than our last QB.

that's a hell of a compliment for Cassell
But he was a game changer
when ever we had a chance Matt would find a way to toss a interception
or take that sack

and on more than a few occasions fumble the ball

this guy has got to be better

right now competence would be one hell of an upgrade

Flippin4it
03-14-2013, 06:16 PM
I am a KC fan, do or die. I pray Smith will light a fire under the offences ass this year.

Detoxing
03-14-2013, 06:16 PM
I have been in the area and following the chiefs since before the chiefs moved to KC...so I know the ups and downs of the organization as well as anyone. I have seen them at the top of the mountain and at the bottom of the pit..last year. There isn't any way but up for this team from last year....you got to learn to walk before you can run.....talk of geno coming in here and instantly turning this franchise into a super bowl contender is just idiotic.

There aren't very many posters (maybe a handful, if that) that think Geno would come in and instantly turn the franchise around. The majority are far more realistic than that. It's a terrible generalization. And again, it's not about the player, it's about the philosophy, which is why so many are upset.

Molitoth
03-14-2013, 06:17 PM
talk of geno coming in here and instantly turning this franchise into a super bowl contender is just idiotic.

Who said Geno would make us a Super Bowl contender in year 1? Go find that post for me please.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Who said Geno would make us a Super Bowl contender in year 1? Go find that post for me please.

It doesn't exist because he's and idiot.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCUnited
03-14-2013, 06:23 PM
In with Fuck You.

Simply Red
03-14-2013, 06:29 PM
I'll play it by ear - I will watch and see what happens, But if it's a weak showing and everyone starts kicking our ass, again; I'll find another thing to do on Sundays. Just like I did last year. I think these guys on here want to brew & groom our own FQB, that's the main thing.

I treat it as what it is, Football. It's not exactly a huge priority on my 'to do' list. But I'd still say I love and have loved this team for a long time.

Hope that helps.

DaFace
03-14-2013, 06:30 PM
The poll results are interesting. You'd certainly never guess by reading threads that 3/4ths of people are in "benefit of the doubt" mode.

scott free
03-14-2013, 06:30 PM
There aren't very many posters (maybe a handful, if that) that think Geno would come in and instantly turn the franchise around. The majority are far more realistic than that. It's a terrible generalization. And again, it's not about the player, it's about the philosophy, which is why so many are upset.

I think you might be making to much of "philosophy"... who says the new plan going forward is to always get someone elses backup?

I'd be willing to bet that the current philosophy is simply to get back to respectable as fast as humanly possible, to try and get rid of the awful taste this fanbase has had in its mouth for nearly a decade... just get some positive mojo working again.

After that who knows, the philosophy could very easily subject to change, who can say that we arent taking a QB high next year? maybe there is someone Reid already has his eye on whom he wants to groom, the fact is we dont know, hell, who even knows what THIS draft will bring... i think what some people are trying to say is just give these new guys a CHANCE.

Philosophies can change.

Simply Red
03-14-2013, 06:32 PM
I am a KC fan, do or die. I pray Smith will light a fire under the offences ass this year.

I like that bold, that's some quality trollmultmanship right there, nicely done.

Craqhead
03-14-2013, 06:35 PM
Sorry, but it's just insanely stupid not to use the 1st overall pick on a QB. I can't get past that.

It's not just our front office saying there isn't that one QB in this draft. It's everyone that covers the NFL.

So let's just pretend that we pick 1.1 and go QB and Geno or which ever QB that goes first too any team. Is a total bust. Then what? We become the laughing stock of the NFL again for picking the wrong QB

Now let's say we don't pick a QB number one and Geno, or which ever QB goes first to another team. That QB is a total bust.

So pretty much you still wanna take a QB 1.1???

Brock
03-14-2013, 06:36 PM
It's not just our front office saying there isn't that one QB in this draft. It's everyone that covers the NFL.

So let's just pretend that we pick 1.1 and go QB and Geno or which ever QB that goes first too any team. Is a total bust. Then what? We become the laughing stock of the NFL again for picking the wrong QB

Now let's say we don't pick a QB number one and Geno, or which ever QB goes first to another team. That QB is a total bust.

Lets say Geno becomes a total pain in our asses for the next 10 years. Then what?

DaFace
03-14-2013, 06:42 PM

Lets say Geno becomes a total pain in our asses for the next 10 years. Then what?

Wait...am I to understand that either scenario is possible and that you have to evaluate the likelihood of the two scenarios occurring and make a logical decision about which course of action will be most likely to improve the team?

Blasphemy. Fucking true fans.

Brock
03-14-2013, 06:55 PM
Wait...am I to understand that either scenario is possible and that you have to evaluate the likelihood of the two scenarios occurring and make a logical decision about which course of action will be most likely to improve the team?

Blasphemy. Fucking true fans.

I have no problem with trading for someone else's backup as a safety net. That has not been the mo of this team the past 30 years.

notorious
03-14-2013, 06:56 PM
As long as the CHunts are in charge, we'll never rebuild into a SB caliber team. Considering this team won't win a SB in the foreseeable future, I'd rather go 8-8 every year than 2-14.

Nobody quoted this?

Honestly, it makes so much sense it makes me want to cry. :(

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2013, 07:02 PM
So we are excited about one drive?
Posted via Mobile Device

No, we're excited about all the drives that season which led to an OT loss in the NFC championship game.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2013, 07:05 PM
I have no problem with trading for someone else's backup as a safety net. That has not been the mo of this team the past 30 years.

Personally, I couldn't care less about prior regimes.

Craqhead
03-14-2013, 07:06 PM

IMHO don't think the Faiders are gonna get Geno.

But if somehow he doe's end up in the blackhole, then I think our D will do what Kstate did too him. Shut him and his recievers down.

crazycoffey
03-14-2013, 07:08 PM
The poll results are interesting. You'd certainly never guess by reading threads that 3/4ths of people are in "benefit of the doubt" mode.

We have a very vocal minority of the board here. Always have. Several high post count posters who say the same damn things in every thread

oldandslow
03-14-2013, 07:17 PM
I am on board the Reid/Dorsey bandwagon. Headed toward the promised land...

This off season has been so much better than any over the past ten years it's not worth comparing.

track
03-14-2013, 07:19 PM
We have a very vocal minority of the board here. Always have. Several high post count posters who say the same damn things in every thread

Exactly.......mostly they just complain and whine.

RyFo18
http://www.carbibles.com/images/negativefirst.jpg

/bad troll

JASONSAUTO
No, we're excited about all the drives that season which led to an OT loss in the NFC championship game.

How many yards did he throw for that season?
Posted via Mobile Device

scott free
03-14-2013, 07:23 PM
Nobody quoted this?

Honestly, it makes so much sense it makes me want to cry. :(

You've gotta be kidding me... Clark jumped ALL over Reid from the outset, secured Dorsey shortly thereafter, and has now spent the hell outta some cap money and he's still just a nickelbagger who simply wants a few asses in the seats?

You're smarter than that.

Brock
03-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Exactly.......mostly they just complain and whine.

Yeah, either that or they're just sick of the same mistakes being made over and over and over again. Of course some dumbshit noob wouldn't know this.

OnTheWarpath58
03-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Since no one is going to want to answer for obvious reasons, I'll step up.

A little over 3100 yards.

196 yards per game, and 1.1 TD's per game.

61% completion percentage, which is nothing special when you're not throwing the ball downfield.

But hey, he's nothing like Matt Cassel.

Brock
03-14-2013, 07:25 PM

61% completion percentage, which is nothing special when you're not throwing the ball downfield.

COME ON GUYS GIVE HIM A CHANCE

Pablo
03-14-2013, 07:26 PM

But hey, he's nothing like Matt Cassel.Puke. Puke. Puke.

JASONSAUTO
03-14-2013, 07:26 PM

We are fucked
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Enough to guide his team to five quarters in the NFC Champiomship game

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2013, 07:29 PM

If you think he's Matt Cassel, fine.

I've seen at least 15 of his games in the last two seasons and couldn't disagree more with that assessment.

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2013, 07:30 PM
We are fucked
Posted via Mobile Device

Then it's just business as usual

Pablo
03-14-2013, 07:30 PM
Then it's just business as usualSadly, this.

WilliamTheIrish
03-14-2013, 07:31 PM

Reading this I half expected to hear:

"Make a difference, not a point".

Sweet Daddy Hate
Then it's just business as usual

thank God; we finally agree.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
Is this a CP team-building exercise?

When does the trust-fall fun start?

OnTheWarpath58
03-14-2013, 07:32 PM

LMAO

He's had what, 7 years of chances?

The last two with a championship roster around him?

And he's going to turn into Aaron Rodgers now that he's on a 2-14 team?

JASONSAUTO
Enough to guide his team to five quarters in the NFC Champiomship game
My God. You sound exactly like I did in 2009. This is really freaking me out man.
Posted via Mobile Device

WilliamTheIrish

I've seen at least 15 of his games in the last two seasons and couldn't disagree more with that assessment.

Yea, I was stuk watching him in Fresno. I don't hold Smith in high regard. I just don't think he can get us a SB.

JASONSAUTO
03-14-2013, 07:34 PM
LMAO

He's had what, 7 years of chances?

The last two with a championship roster around him?

And he's going to turn into Aaron Rodgers now that he's on a 2-14 team?
Seriously this feels like groundhog day 2009.

I don't care if we have been fucked for years.

We went through shit last year.

For this
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2013, 07:35 PM
Yea, I was stuk watching him in Fresno. I don't hold Smith in high regard. I just don't think he can get us a SB.

I don't think he's a Super Bowl QB, either.

But he's not Matt Cassel, either,

KC Tattoo
03-14-2013, 07:36 PM

Not sure if serious :hmmm:

OnTheWarpath58
03-14-2013, 07:37 PM

I'd say he has better accuracy in the short/intermediate range, and won't completely shit his pants often, but otherwise, they are very similar.

They are both asked to do the same things, because they're not capable of doing things franchise QB's do.

The stats don't lie. Dink. Dunk. Checkdown. Live to fight another day, hoping your defense can carry you.

Dude had an elite defense and elite running game, and his numbers are no better than Cassel, who's had a shitty defense, Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe.

-King-
03-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Number of 300 yard passing games for Alex Smith: 3
Number of 300 yard passing games for Matt Cassel: 7

DaneMcCloud
03-14-2013, 07:38 PM

For this
Posted via Mobile Device

Eh, Chiefs fans have gone through shit for 40 years.

Last year was just another link in the chain.

crispystl420
03-14-2013, 07:38 PM

Dude, I'm no fan of Alex Smith AT ALL be he is not MORE of a game manager than Cassel lol

OnTheWarpath58
03-14-2013, 07:42 PM

For this
Posted via Mobile Device

Not just last year.

In the last 6 years, we've had the 1st overall pick, the 3rd overall pick, the 5th overall pick TWICE, and the 11th overall pick.

One of those guys isn't even on the team anymore, another probably shouldn't be, one is likely about to be the first RT ever taken 1st overall in NFL history, one was unimpressive against insurance salesmen in college, and one might eventually become an impact player.

5 picks that should have been franchise-altering, and MAYBE one difference maker in the bunch.

DeezNutz
03-14-2013, 07:43 PM
I'd say he has better accuracy in the short/intermediate range, and won't completely shit his pants often, but otherwise, they are very similar.

They are both asked to do the same things, because they're not capable of doing things franchise QB's do.

The stats don't lie. Dink. Dunk. Checkdown. Live to fight another day, hoping your defense can carry you.

Dude had an elite defense and elite running game, and his numbers are no better than Cassel, who's had a shitty defense, Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe.

Whatever positives he might have in terms of his skillset are mitigated by his fragility.

something cooler
03-14-2013, 07:44 PM
You mean the fifth pick twice?

tk13
Not just last year.

In the last 6 years, we've had the 1st overall pick, the 3rd overall pick TWICE, the 5th overall pick, and the 11th overall pick.

One of those guys isn't even on the team anymore, another probably shouldn't be, one is likely about to be the first RT ever taken 1st overall in NFL history, one was unimpressive against insurance salesmen in college, and one might eventually become an impact player.

5 picks that should have been franchise-altering, and MAYBE one difference maker in the bunch.

Don't worry, we just need to lose for a few years to get some high draft picks and this thing will get turned around. [/2006 ChiefsPlanet]

Sweet Daddy Hate
Im sure he's a better game manager than Cassel. That said, stepping in a dog turd stuffed with peanut M&M's doesn't make it less smelly or a more enjoyable experience.
Posted via Mobile Device

NJChiefsFan
03-14-2013, 07:45 PM
I don't think it's even worth having a debate about him vs. Cassel. It's not about upgrading Matt, it's about finding a guy that can get through big games. I understand Dane's point about walking before running, and I'm certainly not SB in 2 years or bust, but I don't think Alex Smith is very likely to take us anywhere special.

So in my mind, I would rather take a chance on a young guy, in this case, Geno. I get that he is a massive risk too, but to me potential upside beats out the upside I see in Alex. I just don't like the idea of having to build a super-team to take our QB to the SB. That's kind of what I think would need to happen.

I think both options are big risks. It's risky trying to swim upstream and win with a game manager. It's also risky taking a chance on a rookie. I just see more potential with the latter risk. There is a chance of major fail with the latter risk as well, but stealing from Dane, it would be business as usual. Some are comfortable with Alex and potentially it being a fail and business as usual. I would rather it be Geno/rookie QB and potentially business as usual.

WilliamTheIrish
Not just last year.

In the last 6 years, we've had the 1st overall pick, the 3rd overall pick TWICE, the 5th overall pick, and the 11th overall pick.

Its ridiculous. And it's also why I won't buy in without our very own franchise drafted QB.

OnTheWarpath58
I don't think he's a Super Bowl QB, either.

Then what's the point, other than to make the fans feel good about their tailgates?

Why waste valuable picks on guys like that, when you could be drafting future difference makers?

KCDC
03-14-2013, 07:46 PM
I was excited and ready to give Reid and Dorsey the benefit of the doubt. However, the Alex Cassel trade was so epicly bad (because of the insane value paid + the belief that he is the long-term solution rather than a stop-gap) that they lost me.

It is like saying that, other than Cassel, Peeoli did a good job. I had no problem with the Cassel trade; it was the blindness as to his mediocre (at best) talents. That epic fail has doomed Pioli's legacy in KC alone. The Alex Smith trade has likewise doomed Reid/Dorsey.

That doesn't mean that I'll stop rooting for the team. It doesn't mean that I won't wish that Alex Smith gets a lobotomy/epiphany and discovers how to be a good QB.

It just means that Reid/Dorsey are now in the same boat as Pioli with me (as far as QB evaluation competence). They are a little better because they are more active in the FA market and they don't have the massive ego or fascination with candy wrappers.

So, I will hope for the best and expect the worst.

Ace Gunner
03-14-2013, 07:46 PM
I can't handle the constant neg.

OnTheWarpath58
03-14-2013, 07:47 PM

Dear God.

And Cassel has been a starter for a shade over half the time Smith has.

OnTheWarpath58
03-14-2013, 07:48 PM
You mean the fifth pick twice?

Yes. Fixed.

DaneMcCloud
Then what's the point, other than to make the fans feel good about their tailgates?

Why waste valuable picks on guys like that, when you could be drafting future difference makers?

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=9496143#post9496143

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=9495872&postcount=359

I'm on my iPad and suck at copying and pasting.

Ace Gunner
Dear God.

And Cassel has been a starter for a shade over half the time Smith has.

dear god. and cassel has had moss, welker and bowe.

-King-
03-14-2013, 07:50 PM
dear god. and cassel has had moss, welker and bowe.

And Smith had Crabtree and Davis.

BTW, 4 of those games by Matt Cassel came when he was in KC.

Brock
03-14-2013, 07:51 PM
Don't worry, we just need to lose for a few years to get some high draft picks and this thing will get turned around. [/2006 ChiefsPlanet]

Worked for the colts.

NJChiefsFan
03-14-2013, 07:51 PM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=9496143#post9496143

I'm on my iPad and suck at copying and pasting.

I understand that point but if Dorsey follows his old teams ways he won't be a big player in FA. Even if he is I think it will be like we are seeing right now, and he seems to be getting the guys he wants, even if over-paying a little. Once he gets a draft or two in I don't seem him being a FA guy.

OnTheWarpath58
03-14-2013, 07:53 PM
I don't think it's even worth having a debate about him vs. Cassel. It's not about upgrading Matt, it's about finding a guy that can get through big games. I understand Dane's point about walking before running, and I'm certainly not SB in 2 years or bust, but I don't think Alex Smith is very likely to take us anywhere special.

If you're going to make nothing but "win now" moves, you better fucking win now.

I would have given this regime all the rope in the world had they realized what everyone else already seems to know - that you win championships with QB drafted in R1 and developed over several years.

I would have kept my tickets, drove 300 miles each way 8 times, and been perfectly content with a low-win season or two. Because we'd be building towards the future.

But when you give up the type of currency we did for a guy an elite team didn't want, it screams "win now".

So they better win now. No excuses.

tk13
03-14-2013, 07:54 PM
The depressing idea everyone refuses to discuss is what if there aren't any answers this year. What if this is it, and all these guys never quite make it. People are quite selective with their arguments. There's a huge difference between now and 2009, in that everyone thought Stafford and Sanchez were top 10 talents. Pioli didn't care. This year the prevailing opinion among football people that none of these QBs available in any form are truly elite.

OnTheWarpath58
03-14-2013, 07:57 PM
The depressing idea everyone refuses to discuss is what if there aren't any answers this year. What if this is it, and all these guys never quite make it. People are quite selective with their arguments. There's a huge difference between now and 2009, in that everyone thought Stafford and Sanchez were top 10 talents. ***** didn't care. This year the prevailing opinion among football people that none of these QBs available in any form are truly elite.

I'm going to respectfully disagree, considering that within hours of the Alex Smith deal being leaked, Geno Smith magically became worth a top pick, and everyone and their brother was screaming for Oakland to take him.

And FWIW, I'll gladly take "what if" over "we already know".

DeezNutz
03-14-2013, 07:58 PM
The depressing idea everyone refuses to discuss is what if there aren't any answers this year. What if this is it, and all these guys never quite make it. People are quite selective with their arguments. There's a huge difference between now and 2009, in that everyone thought Stafford and Sanchez were top 10 talents. ***** didn't care. This year the prevailing opinion among football people that none of these QBs available in any form are truly elite.

Have we truly gotten word from "football people," though? The Piolis of the world don't count, as he's a fucking football moron.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-14-2013, 07:59 PM

I've said many, many times that although I would disagree with them not taking a QB at 1.1, I could accept it. What I find wholly objectionable is the manner in which they hitched the wagon to Alex Smith for the next 2+ years, because with the nature of that trade they aren't just passing on the QBs in this draft, but the next as well.

tk13
Worked for the colts.

Not even then really. I think the Colts have won 8+ games something like 15 of the last 19 years. They were a playoff team each of the years before tanking to get Luck and Manning.

OnTheWarpath58
Have we truly gotten word from "football people," though? The *****s of the world don't count, as he's a fucking football moron.

"Football people" have also said that the Chiefs have "won the offseason" several times in the past few years.

"Football people" said the Matt Cassel deal was a great move.

"Football people" say some really stupid shit sometimes.

BigRedChief
03-14-2013, 08:02 PM
If you're going to make nothing but "win now" moves, you better fucking win now.

I would have given this regime all the rope in the world had they realized what everyone else already seems to know - that you win championships with QB drafted in R1 and developed over several years.

I would have kept my tickets, drove 300 miles each way 8 times, and been perfectly content with a low-win season or two. Because we'd be building towards the future.

But when you give up the type of currency we did for a guy an elite team didn't want, it screams "win now".

So they better win now. No excuses.I know. You are not a lunatic. You can back up your opinion with facts. Its a perfectly legitimate opinion. I agreed in the OP that we should have taken Geno and paid too much for Smith. It's done. There is no going back. The only thing we can do is make a choice on how to handle the new reality.

The vast majority of Chief fans are happy with the moves that have been made. If I was a betting man, In 5 years, I'd put more money on your views over the vast majority. That being said, for me personally, after years of being negative about this team, I'm going to chose to have a little hope.

OnTheWarpath58
I've said many, many times that although I would disagree with them not taking a QB at 1.1, I could accept it. What I find wholly objectionable is the manner in which they hitched the wagon to Alex Smith for the next 2+ years, because with the nature of that trade they aren't just passing on the QBs in this draft, but the next as well.

Yep.

Which means they better knock the next three drafts out of the fucking park, because by the time we have a legitimate QB, guys like Charles, Hali, Flowers, Bowe, Albert, etc will be on the decline.

Going to be hard to do when you're likely to use the 1st overall on a RT and don't have the 34th overall.

The two most valuable picks this regime will likely ever see, and they're wasted.

NJChiefsFan
If you're going to make nothing but "win now" moves, you better ****ing win now.

So they better win now. No excuses.

I agree. Most loyal KC fans will still give them some slack in that situation. The casuals will be back if they got it right. Two years of average then followed by a few learning years for a young QB is even worse for the pysche and stability of the fanbase.

OnTheWarpath58
03-14-2013, 08:04 PM
I know. You are not a lunatic. You can back up your opinion with facts. Its a perfectly legitimate opinion. I agreed in the OP that we should have taken Geno and paid too much for Smith. It's done. There is no going back. The only thing we can do is make a choice on how to handle the new reality.

The vast majority of Chief fans are happy with the moves that have been made. If I was a betting man, In 5 years, I'd put more money on your views over the vast majority. Personally, after years of being negative about this team, I'm going to chose to have a little hope.

The vast majority of Chiefs fans thought Cassel just needed more weapons, that Pioli just needed more time, that RAC was a defensive genius, etc.

The vast majority of Chiefs fans are fucking ignorant about football.

scott free
03-14-2013, 08:04 PM

Ohhh. Shit.

LMAO... :facepalm:

What a ride this fanship is, wouldnt miss it for nothin.