PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security 2 guys shut down a city

Pages : [1] 2

petegz28
04-19-2013, 12:01 PM
Fucking pathetic....

La literatura
04-19-2013, 12:05 PM
Will I regret asking you to flesh your point of view out?

BigChiefTablet
04-19-2013, 12:15 PM
https://twitter.com/barrygagne/status/325264643553644544/photo/1

Jewish Rabbi
04-19-2013, 12:16 PM
https://twitter.com/barrygagne/status/325264643553644544/photo/1

No way in hell would I consent to this shit. Fuck that.

Otter
04-19-2013, 12:20 PM
The media gets a good 2-3 weeks of free passes not to watchdog the gubment and bum fuck barry to boot.

BucEyedPea
04-19-2013, 12:37 PM
No way in hell would I consent to this shit. **** that.

It looks like Iraq, when they went door to door, to me.

So much for fighting them over there, so we wouldn't have to fight them here.

BucEyedPea
04-19-2013, 12:38 PM
The media gets a good 2-3 weeks of free passes not to watchdog the gubment and bum **** barry to boot.

There's hardly any attention on Barry's petulance over losing the recent gun control vote and his threat to use 19 EOs instead. At least, I've not seen any TV coverage yet. Just one vid on the internet. I didn't even see FOX cover it. All night it was this.

philfree
04-19-2013, 12:42 PM
Every Bostonian is on the lookout for this guy so why should swat search houses with people in them?

LiveSteam
04-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Every Bostonian is on the lookout for this guy so why should swat search houses with people in them?

The kid is hiding somewhere.
The odds that he is in a house holding the owners or who ever is in the house hostage are pretty high IMO.
Not saying a door to door search is right, or lawful. Just stating that this is the reason behind it

demonhero
04-19-2013, 12:48 PM
A small trained specialized unit in an urban environment is better than a bunch of joe's in a liberal friendly state. Heck, Id rather have my house dismantled then have someone use me as hostage bait later on.

BucEyedPea
04-19-2013, 12:49 PM
A small trained specialized unit in an urban environment is better than a bunch of joe's in a liberal friendly state.

ROFL

La literatura
04-19-2013, 12:54 PM
The odds that he is in a house holding the owners or who ever is in the house hostage are pretty high IMO.
Not saying a door to door search is right, or lawful. Just stating that this is the reason behind it

It's completely lawful for cops to search a neighborhood and ask people for consent to search their home. In this situation, there can be a lot of good reasons why even a search without a warrant is justified.

LiveSteam
04-19-2013, 01:00 PM
It's completely lawful for cops to search a neighborhood and ask people for consent to search their home. In this situation, there can be a lot of good reasons why even a search without a warrant is justified.

& when then say no,then what?

demonhero
04-19-2013, 01:04 PM
call in for warrant search... getting searched eventually.

kcpasco
04-19-2013, 01:05 PM

They haul your ass to Gitmo

Bump
04-19-2013, 01:06 PM
yup, lockdown. good thing I got beer last night.

Amnorix
04-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Fucking pathetic....

Right, so we have this missing mass murderer who was involved in a massive shootout with the cops during the middle of the night when his brother was killed, after they killed an MIT cop, by the way.

And you would recommend what, exactly? Send out girl scouts to find him? Ignore him and hope he turns himself in over the guilt? What?

La literatura
04-19-2013, 01:08 PM

It depends what the situation is (usually, they have to ask a judge for a search warrant), but I'm imagining a scene where cops see suspect run into a house. This would be an exigent circumstance that would allow a cop to shove aside a homeowner who says "No, you need a warrant."

patteeu
04-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Will I regret asking you to flesh your point of view out?

He meant, "2 Islamic extremist guys shut down Boston."

La literatura
04-19-2013, 01:10 PM
He meant, "2 Islamic extremist guys shut down Boston."

I think he meant, "2 guys postpone my Royals game."

Bowser
04-19-2013, 01:11 PM

They make you live with a gay black family in Gitmo.

LiveSteam
04-19-2013, 01:12 PM
They make you live with a gay black family in Gitmo.

I dnt like you anymore :harumph:

patteeu
04-19-2013, 01:13 PM
It looks like Iraq, when they went door to door, to me.

So much for fighting them over there, so we wouldn't have to fight them here.

We've got a new boss in charge for the past 4+ years. It worked fine until then.

Fishpicker
04-19-2013, 01:14 PM

Then you send police to the back door of the house. The cops in the back wait while the police in front knock on the door. When the police in front knock, the cops in the back shout: Come in!

I Mencia'd this joke from Jimmy Carter. I'm sure I butchered it too.

BucEyedPea
04-19-2013, 01:17 PM
We've got a new boss in charge for the past 4+ years. It worked fine until then.

No it's not due to one man at the top. DHS was started before he was in office and they own this. In fact it was predicted to happen. The evisceration of our fundamental rights has not resulted in being safer.

BucEyedPea
04-19-2013, 01:18 PM

Are you in lockdown too? I've two families members near Watertown border in lockdown.

philfree
04-19-2013, 01:23 PM

The reasoning is simple enough but if a chowda head comes to the door and say we're good then why send in 10 guys? Heck if everyone had an assault rifle this guy would already be dead.

Prison Bitch
04-19-2013, 01:24 PM
I'd go about my daily business. I'd NEVER lock myself inside. Can't believe how bad this is.

patteeu
04-19-2013, 01:25 PM
No it's not due to one man at the top. DHS was started before he was in office and they own this. In fact it was predicted to happen. The evisceration of our fundamental rights has not resulted in being safer.

To be honest, I don't really blame the man, although I'm devoted to the idea that the current administration is allowing the situation to erode and making us less safe. Either way, leakage was bound to happen. We're still far better off fighting them over there than playing pure defense. If al Qaeda had been allowed to continue unabated, you can't possibly believe that they would have stopped after 9/11. Instead, we disrupted, dispersed, and decapitated the organization. That's been a big part of why we've experienced as little terrorism as we have.

Bowser
04-19-2013, 01:26 PM

Are you ok? Is he in the house?

If you're ok and not in imminent trouble, type "GOD IS GREAT!!!". If you are in danger, type "BEP WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME".

Bwana
04-19-2013, 01:32 PM

Get good and dunk, fire up a fatty and invite the cops in for a tug or two.

stonedstooge
04-19-2013, 01:35 PM
I think he meant, "2 guys postpone my Royals game."

FuckinA. That's what pisses me off

HonestChieffan
04-19-2013, 01:36 PM
With luck they may find Holders missing guns, jimmy Hoffa, and this peace loving young man who is accused of the bombing.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-19-2013, 01:36 PM

If you're ok and not in imminent trouble, type "GOD IS GREAT!!!". If you are in danger, type "BEP WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME".

If he's in Bumps house he will have the finest weed available at his fingertips.

Bowser
04-19-2013, 01:37 PM
If he's in Bumps house he will have the finest weed available at his fingertips.

I'm sure Bump has a nice stash of the One Hitter laying around, without a doubt.

BucEyedPea
04-19-2013, 01:42 PM

You're not going to ask if my two family members are okay?

BucEyedPea
04-19-2013, 01:43 PM

Maybe, that will chill the guy out. Then Bumps can talk the dude into turning himself in.
Then Bump will be all over TV as the Hero of Boston and get a medal from Obama. :D
Patteeu will be cringing in horror!

Bowser
04-19-2013, 01:46 PM

Apologies, missed your post.

Are they? If they are, type "I HAVE AN ENORMOUS CRUSH ON PATTEEU". If not, type "I MASTURBATE FURIOUSLY TO PICS OF SHIRTLESS OBAMA".

BucEyedPea
04-19-2013, 01:47 PM
:shake:

La literatura
04-19-2013, 01:47 PM

If they're related to you, we already know the answer to that.

BucEyedPea
04-19-2013, 01:57 PM
If they're related to you, we already know the answer to that.

I see you are practicing your religion and projecting.

Bowser
04-19-2013, 01:58 PM
:shake:

Seriously, I hope they're doing ok.

theelusiveeightrop
04-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Are they Islamic extremists?

BucEyedPea
04-19-2013, 01:59 PM

LMAO They're two kids that just got their own place while they finish school.

BucEyedPea
04-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Seriously, I hope they're doing ok.

Oh yeah, just in lockdown. They posted on FB earlier. Haven't heard the guy has taken anyone hostage yet.

Prison Bitch
04-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Don't worry: he's on the lookout for "tea partiers". Msnbc told him to. He is going to be fine

La literatura
04-19-2013, 02:07 PM
I see you are practicing your religion and projecting.

What you don't see is that I was just joking around with you. I don't actually think anyone related to you is in danger solely by the fact that they are related to you.

BucEyedPea
04-19-2013, 02:08 PM
What you don't see is that I was just joking around with you.
It wasn't funny then.

I don't actually think anyone related to you is in danger solely by the fact that they are related to you.

Never even said that.

Bowser
04-19-2013, 02:08 PM
LET'S GO DOWN TO HAHVAHD AND BEAT UP SOME TERRIRISTS

http://9bytz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Good-Will-Hunting-4.jpg

BucEyedPea
04-19-2013, 02:10 PM
"HAHVAHD?" LMAO

La literatura
04-19-2013, 02:11 PM
It wasn't funny then.

Never even said that.

Get over it, BEP.

BucEyedPea
04-19-2013, 02:12 PM
Nope. That's my opinion. But don't think I think about you as long as you've implied.

Mr. Kotter
04-19-2013, 02:12 PM
When asked what provoked the bombing suspects, the uncle stated: "Being losers, hatred to those who were able to settle themselves -- these are the only reasons I can imagine.

"Anything else, anything else to do with religion, with Islam, is a fraud, is a fake," Tsarni said.

PREDICTION: Jihadists will target the uncle and/or his family.... :shake:

Prison Bitch
04-19-2013, 02:16 PM
I think he's saying Islam isn't the cause of the act. Which of course it is

petegz28
04-19-2013, 02:18 PM
Right, so we have this missing mass murderer who was involved in a massive shootout with the cops during the middle of the night when his brother was killed, after they killed an MIT cop, by the way.

And you would recommend what, exactly? Send out girl scouts to find him? Ignore him and hope he turns himself in over the guilt? What?

I never said don't look for him. I am calling out the fact that a bunch of people are hiding in their homes because of 1 or 2 guys and the city is all but shit down because of 1 or 2 guys.

There is a point to terrorism and that point was successfully made, unfortunately.

Bowser
04-19-2013, 02:20 PM
I think he's saying Islam isn't the cause of the act. Which of course it is

I'd say the cause of the act is some really fucked up wiring in the heads of these idiots first and foremost.

patteeu
04-19-2013, 02:22 PM

Is Bump a grammatically correct pothead?

Bowser
04-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Is Bump a grammatically correct pothead?

Heh, I remember when he was the grammar police around here. He couldn't keep up with all the misspelled and incorrectly used words, so he turned to that gateway drug marijuana.

We are the reason Bump is a pothead.

patteeu
04-19-2013, 02:24 PM
I'd say the cause of the act is some really ****ed up wiring in the heads of these idiots first and foremost.

Islamic extremism will do that to you.

patteeu
04-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Heh, I remember when he was the grammar police around here. He couldn't keep up with all the misspelled and incorrectly used words, so he turned to that gateway drug marijuana.

We are the reason Bump is a pothead.

I enjoyed his schtick and his badge avatar.

BucEyedPea
04-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Is it considered bad humor to comment about how Dunkin Donuts could remain open to serve the cops while other businesses, including Starbucks had to close with the others. I mean cops are known for liking donuts so why would this be bad to comment on? Even in TIC way.

RNR
04-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Is it considered bad humor to comment about how Dunkin Donuts could remain open to serve the cops while other businesses, including Starbucks had to close with the others. I mean cops are known for liking donuts so why would this be bad to comment on? Even in TIC way.

In defense of the cops Starbucks coffee sucks~

Cephalic Trauma
04-19-2013, 03:04 PM
It wasn't funny then.

Never even said that.

Your postmenopausal clam is clamped tight.

Lighten up.

Dayze
04-19-2013, 03:06 PM
the probably had box-cutters.

BucEyedPea
04-19-2013, 03:11 PM

Well, okay. Only they don't have donuts generally.

So is it bad humor to point out that it was a donut chain that was allowed to stay open for the cops? I just think it's comic relief that that's what was allowed to remain open.
Ya' know because of the proverbial cops and donut.

BucEyedPea
04-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Your postmenopausal clam is clamped tight.

Lighten up.

Says Dr. Mengele. Only joking of course. *snicker*

RNR
04-19-2013, 03:17 PM

So is it bad humor to point out that it was a donut chain that was allowed to stay open for the cops? I just think it's comic relief that that's what was allowed to remain open.

There was nothing wrong with your post. Adding a little lighthearted levity is not out of line~

Cephalic Trauma
04-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Says Dr. Mengele. Only joking of course. *snicker*

Once you hit menopause, did you sew up your vagina, scour the internet for conspiracies, and become completely deaf to sarcasm and humor?

Because that's what your posts would suggest.

blaise
04-19-2013, 03:18 PM
I don't get why people are so fixated on this. They don't want a guy that's blown people up, that knows where more bombs are (probably) and who might have accomplices to mix back into the population.

BucEyedPea
04-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Once you hit menopause, did you sew up your vagina, scour the internet for conspiracies, and become completely deaf to sarcasm and humor?

You don't know jensen though. It also is not always easy to detect sarcasm via written text.

Cephalic Trauma
04-19-2013, 03:19 PM
**** off jack off Dr, Mengele.

Solid rep comment.

Great grammar, extremely original, and not one hint of butt hurt.

/sarcasm

BucEyedPea
04-19-2013, 03:20 PM
There was nothing wrong with your post. Adding a little lighthearted levity is not out of line~

Yeah, I think so too. I know some folks feel otherwise.

RNR
04-19-2013, 03:21 PM

Rednecking at its best :rolleyes: get a life~

|Zach|
04-19-2013, 03:23 PM

It is just Pete. The information doesn't actually matter it is just a reference point for him to move away from.

His silly opinions have no basis in anything.

Cephalic Trauma
04-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Rednecking at its best :rolleyes: get a life~

Rednecks don't provide astute observations such as that one, so your post doesn't make sense.

|Zach|
04-19-2013, 03:24 PM
I never said don't look for him. I am calling out the fact that a bunch of people are hiding in their homes because of 1 or 2 guys and the city is all but shit down because of 1 or 2 guys.

There is a point to terrorism and that point was successfully made, unfortunately.

So you have nothing to add.

As always.

LiveSteam
04-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Rednecks don't have astute observations such as that one, so your post doesn't make sense.

Queer is the word you are looking for.

blaise
04-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Rednecks don't provide astute observations such as that one, so your post doesn't make sense.

How'd you do in the Douchebag Olympics by the way?

theelusiveeightrop
04-19-2013, 03:29 PM
No Royals game. Thanks bin Laden.

RNR
04-19-2013, 03:31 PM

You are doing nothing more than trying to mark an easy target. You have a very high opinion of yourself and after thinking about it I apologize to any rednecks offended by my reply to your lame post~

Cephalic Trauma
04-19-2013, 03:34 PM

The fat sociopaths didn't vote me into the elite eight. However, they still hate what they can't become.

Cephalic Trauma
04-19-2013, 03:36 PM
You are doing nothing more than trying to mark an easy target. You have a very high opinion of yourself and after thinking about it I apologize to any rednecks offended by my reply to your lame post~

Hell yes, and rightfully so.

The other stuff in your post is just noise.

patteeu
04-19-2013, 03:41 PM

Ya' know because of the proverbial cops and donut.

No, it's not bad humor.

patteeu
04-19-2013, 03:43 PM

He's got some game.

blaise
04-19-2013, 03:44 PM
The fat sociopaths didn't vote me into the elite eight. However, they still hate what they can't become.

I didn't know so many people desired to be a middle of the road douchebag.

La literatura
04-19-2013, 03:46 PM
I didn't know so many people desired to be a middle of the road douchebag.

When you're born with it, you take it for granted.

RNR
04-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Hell yes, and rightfully so.

The other stuff in your post is just noise.

Oh shit you are right! It clearly missed my bat your goal is to be a worthless shitbag troll. I apologize you are doing a very fine job of reaching your goal in life~

petegz28
04-19-2013, 04:18 PM
So you have nothing to add.

As always.

Right. Let me add this, it's a good thing it wasn't 4 guys or they might close the entire fucking state!

WhawhaWhat
04-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Right. Let me add this, it's a good thing it wasn't 4 guys or they might close the entire ****ing state!

If it was 4 guys, would Obama have called it terrorism twice as fast?

petegz28
04-19-2013, 04:24 PM
If it was 4 guys, would Obama have called it terrorism twice as fast?

Mos tlikely he would have waited twice as long

Amnorix
04-19-2013, 08:32 PM

U B dum.

petegz28
04-19-2013, 08:33 PM
U B dum.

Dude, if 2 amateur bombers can all but close down a city for a few days then we have big problems.

-King-
04-19-2013, 08:57 PM

ROFLROFLROFL

I don't know why but i find this hilarious

-King-
04-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Dude, if 2 amateur bombers can all but close down a city for a few days then we have big problems.

:spock:

La literatura
04-19-2013, 09:22 PM

Well, would you consider bombings at the Boston Marathon that kills 3 people and seriously injures 150+ a "big problem." Because we might have had a "big problem" for a while.

BucEyedPea
04-19-2013, 09:28 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

I don't know why but i find this hilarious

Well, I was being TIC.:D You'd have to understand they dynamics between Bowser and I know. You didn't and still got it.

chiefzilla1501
04-20-2013, 06:35 AM

Yikes. The only way the 2 amateur bombers would have been spotted is to have more surveillance cameras being watched in real time or cops lined up at every block. Or without an enormous amount of security checks, which adds cost to the Boston Marathon, would drum up a ton of scrutiny for invasion of privacy, and would likely have led to a confiscation of guns including CCW. All would require a massive police state that nobody wants, especially conservatives.

So I have no idea what you're trying to imply, other than just spitting out talking points about government programs. The Boston PD did an excellent job here on an attack that would have been difficult to stop.

Dave Lane
04-20-2013, 07:10 AM

Who goes to Starbucks and gets coffee, seriously. I go there 100s of times and have no idea what their coffee tastes like.

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 07:28 AM
Where was this thread a few months ago when authorities ordered the public to stay home during the snowstorm?

petegz28
04-20-2013, 07:58 AM
Yikes. The only way the 2 amateur bombers would have been spotted is to have more surveillance cameras being watched in real time or cops lined up at every block. Or without an enormous amount of security checks, which adds cost to the Boston Marathon, would drum up a ton of scrutiny for invasion of privacy, and would likely have led to a confiscation of guns including CCW. All would require a massive police state that nobody wants, especially conservatives.

So I have no idea what you're trying to imply, other than just spitting out talking points about government programs. The Boston PD did an excellent job here on an attack that would have been difficult to stop.

Don't get me wrong. I applaud the Boston PD. What I am saying is terrorism is to instill fear and to paralyze in some ways. That was acomplished by 2 students with pressure cookers.

The aftermath did look like a police state. The city of Boston shut down while the cops and military combed the streets and homes for 2 guys.

So while I agree it would have taken a police state to prevent it and that is now what we want, it pretty much took a form of a police state to end it.

petegz28
04-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Well, would you consider bombings at the Boston Marathon that kills 3 people and seriously injures 150+ a "big problem." Because we might have had a "big problem" for a while.

Do I consider the bombings a big problem? In some ways yes but in some ways that risk goes with having an open and free society. What I am sayin Jensen, is 2 kids were able to paralyze a city for a couple days and that raises an eyebrow. I mean if 2 kids with pressure cookers can paralyze a city like Boston for 1 or 2 days that says more about us and not them in a lot of ways.

chiefzilla1501
04-20-2013, 08:07 AM
Don't get me wrong. I applaud the Boston PD. What I am saying is terrorism is to instill fear and to paralyze in some ways. That was acomplished by 2 students with pressure cookers.

The aftermath did look like a police state. The city of Boston shut down while the cops and military combed the streets and homes for 2 guys.

So while I agree it would have taken a police state to prevent it and that is now what we want, it pretty much took a form of a police state to end it.

Your implication is that it was fucking pathetic that Boston had to go into a police state to stop a terrorist attack. That's what it takes when you don't want a police state to prevent an attack.

What makes your argument flawed is that it doesn't consider the alternatives. We could have avoided this by a heavy police state to prevent it. I don't want that. We could have avoided a police state in hunting down the criminal, nevermind that this could have increased the likelihood that the scumbag could have gotten away or at least prolonged the hunt.

There was nothing pathetic about how it was handled. It was a remarkable partnership between citizens, businesses, and the police to capture two guys in a crowd. In fact, it was really remarkable.

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 08:08 AM

And if this shithead that was on the run would have made his way onto mass transit with another bomb surrounded by hundreds/thousands of people, would that have caused more paralyzing fear down the road or less?

chiefzilla1501
04-20-2013, 08:23 AM
Your implication is that it was ****ing pathetic that Boston had to go into a police state to stop a terrorist attack. That's what it takes when you don't want a police state to prevent an attack.

What makes your argument flawed is that it doesn't consider the alternatives. We could have avoided this by a heavy police state to prevent it. I don't want that. We could have avoided a police state in hunting down the criminal, nevermind that this could have increased the likelihood that the scumbag could have gotten away or at least prolonged the hunt.

There was nothing pathetic about how it was handled. It was a remarkable partnership between citizens, businesses, and the police to capture two guys in a crowd. In fact, it was really remarkable.

To piggyback on my own point...
There are a lot of good parallels to the gun control debate. Gun advocates focus so much on keeping the government from taking firearms out of their hands that they brush off morons (or often even defending those) who use them inappropriately. To me, that is like brushing off what these terrorists did as anything but disgusting. If you support gun rights, you should also be dead serious about laying the hammer on those who use them stupidly. This is consistent with the NRA's stance but very inconsistent from what I've seen among gun owners.

In this instance, we didn't have a police state to prevent a bombing, so we were swift and just to bring scumbags who abused that privilege to justice. I like it that way. In the same way, if we don't want a police state to prevent a shooting, then we should support a heavy hammer of justice to those who abuse this privilege. That doesn't happen today.

ChiefaRoo
04-20-2013, 08:39 AM

Being TOLD to stay in place is crap. They should have closed schools and places where large groups gather because of the bomb possibility but not having Gas Stations, Grocery etc open was silly. Use all those cops standing around to guard the city and the people who are out and about. if you're a citizen then use conceal and carry while you go about your business.

Oh wait, it's Massacusetts they probably don't have concealed carry. This whole fiasco is why we should have armed citizens. Take care of your family but if you do go out then be packing and if some asshole tries to jack your car then you blow them away or at least die trying. Its better than hiding in your house being owned by fear. I know the chowda's are tough in many ways but why they would agree to shut down their city entirely was embarrassing and makes the US look pathetic to future would be terrorists.

I guess I just dont get the mindset of the urban East Coast citizen and a population who listens to clueless politicians who are simply guessing if it's safe to go outside or not. Hell, the Mayor let everyone out and then twenty minutes later the shots ring out. Duval Patrick has no idea what he was saying or doing. The citizens, not the cops found this kid.

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Being TOLD to stay in place is crap. They should have closed schools and places where large groups gather because of the bomb possibility but not having Gas Stations, Grocery etc open was silly. Use all those cops standing around to guard the city and the people who are out and about. if you're a citizen then use conceal and carry while you go about your business.

Oh wait, it's Massacusetts they probably don't have concealed carry. This whole fiasco is why we should have armed citizens. Take care of your family but if you do go out then be packing and if some asshole tries to jack your car then you blow them away or at least die trying. Its better than hiding in your house being owned by fear. I know the chowda's are tough in many ways but why they would agree to shut down their city entirely was embarrassing and makes the US look pathetic to future would be terrorists.

I guess I just dont get the mindset of the urban East Coast citizen and a population who listens to clueless politicians who are simply guessing if it's safe to go outside or not. Hell, the Mayor let everyone out and then twenty minutes later the shots ring out. Duval Patrick has no idea what he was saying or doing. The citizens, not the cops found this kid.

Yeah, everyone should have just grabbed their gun and white hat and went about their day. :rolleyes:

ChiefaRoo
04-20-2013, 08:49 AM
Yeah, everyone should have just grabbed their gun and white hat and went about their day. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that. Read what I wrote and think.

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 09:03 AM
I'm not saying that. Read what I wrote and think.

What you said is that citizens should have been allowed to go do what they want aside from going to school. How many false identifications do you think would have been called in had people been out in force yesterday?

Chalk this up to being a snow day. Extraordinary circumstances justifying a temporary(12 whole hours) suspension of being able to go window shopping.

ChiefaRoo
04-20-2013, 09:10 AM

I don't like it but you are right. The terrorists goal is to disrupt and paralyze economic means and society. The two guys are somewhat incidental to the greater goal of organized terrorists. The facts are two guys killed people, terrorized a million more and cost Boston about one billion dollars. In the greater scheme, they won, we lost.

ChiefaRoo
04-20-2013, 09:16 AM
What you said is that citizens should have been allowed to go do what they want aside from going to school. How many false identifications do you think would have been called in had people been out in force yesterday?

Chalk this up to being a snow day. Extraordinary circumstances justifying a temporary(12 whole hours) suspension of being able to go window shopping.

Its a matter of degree. I'm saying the cops should keep the city running (food, gas) at a minimum. I'll say it again it was a citizen outside walking their dog that found the kid. Not the cops. The dumbass politicians had no idea what to do. They said shelter all day and then when they lifted it, twenty minutes later the guy was found and shots rang out.

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 09:40 AM
I don't like it but you are right. The terrorists goal is to disrupt and paralyze economic means and society. The two guys are somewhat incidental to the greater goal of organized terrorists. The facts are two guys killed people, terrorized a million more and cost Boston about one billion dollars. In the greater scheme, they won, we lost.

Maybe they won the battle, but Boston won the war.

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 09:42 AM
Its a matter of degree. I'm saying the cops should keep the city running (food, gas) at a minimum. I'll say it again it was a citizen outside walking their dog that found the kid. Not the cops. The dumbass politicians had no idea what to do. They said shelter all day and then when they lifted it, twenty minutes later the guy was found and shots rang out.

No, it was a guy at home that saw his boat had blood on it.

chiefzilla1501
04-20-2013, 09:48 AM
I can't believe people are using this situation to claim that Boston somehow botched this job up. JFC.

Most manhunts take years to find the right guy. This was a situation where two guys dropped bombs in public with no cops or security to see it. They identified the suspect, tracked them down, and either captured or killed them in a few days. It was a tremendous collaboration between the city, the police department, the businesses in the area, and citizens.

Drop your agendas for 5 minutes, please. The idea that Boston and Boston PD should get no credit for tracking the guy down just because they were tipped off by someone is just plain ludicrous.

ChiefaRoo
04-20-2013, 09:50 AM

As a person I'm thrilled about the capture an killing of these two guys.

As a strategic thinker I'm not happy. The terrorists traded two guys for a week or terror and economic loss. We can't afford that. The politicians are obviously clueless. We need a new strategy and that involves the citizenry as well as the cops.

ChiefaRoo
04-20-2013, 09:52 AM
I can't believe people are using this situation to claim that Boston somehow botched this job up. JFC.

Most manhunts take years to find the right guy. This was a situation where two guys dropped bombs in public with no cops or security to see it. They identified the suspect, tracked them down, and either captured or killed them in a few days. It was a tremendous collaboration between the city, the police department, the businesses in the area, and citizens.

Drop your agendas for 5 minutes, please. The idea that Boston and Boston PD should get no credit for tracking the guy down just because they were tipped off by someone is just plain ludicrous.

My agenda is the same as yours. Live free in the face of terrorism.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 09:53 AM

You like de facto martial law, do ya'? Figures

petegz28
04-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Your implication is that it was ****ing pathetic that Boston had to go into a police state to stop a terrorist attack. That's what it takes when you don't want a police state to prevent an attack.

Yes there was. 2 guys shut down a major city with pressure cookers.

petegz28
04-20-2013, 09:57 AM

Well let's just form a police states country wide and hunt down all the murderers and rapists and other bad criminals ?

This isn't about an agenda. It's about how 2 punks paralyzed a major city for 2 days with a fucking pressure cooker.

ChiefaRoo
04-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Well let's just form a police states country wide and hunt down all the murderers and rapists and other bad criminals ?

This isn't about an agenda. It's about how 2 punks paralyzed a major city for 2 days with a ****ing pressure cooker.

Yep.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 10:00 AM
Well, let's face it. It WAS a private citizen that went outside, violating the lockdown order, who saw the guy in his boat.

Not saying the cops wouldn't have eventually found him, or that narrowing down the area didn't help because it did, but he could have been dead by that time too.

There's pros and cons politically. This de facto martial law psychologically conditions the population to live like this. Ultimately, it could lead to lack of resistance by the people when it's needed.' Er well that's happening already. Warrantless searches did not prevent act of terror, nor did the evisceration of our rights. People are being conditioned by these events laying down and giving up their rights instead of insisting its central govt to change its policies.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 10:01 AM

This isn't about an agenda. It's about how 2 punks paralyzed a major city for 2 days with a ****ing pressure cooker.

The sad thing is, people are cheering it.

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 10:02 AM
You like de facto martial law, do ya'? Figures

For 12 hours during extraordinary circumstances? Yes.

Weren't you(your family) in that area? Did you(or your family) go give the SWAT teams a "what for" or did you(your family) find a way to stomach being a repressed citizen for a whole 12 hours?

petegz28
04-20-2013, 10:04 AM
For 12 hours during extraordinary circumstances? Yes.

Weren't you in that area? Did you go give the SWAT teams your "what for" or did you find a way to stomach being a repressed citizen for a whole 12 hours?

what was esxtraordinary about it?

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 10:05 AM
what was esxtraordinary about it?

Having an IDed suspect on the loose armed with explosives is extraordinary.

ChiefaRoo
04-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Well, let's face it. It WAS a private citizen that went outside, violating the lockdown order, who saw the guy in his boat.

Not saying the cops wouldn't have eventually found him, or that narrowing down the area didn't help because it did, but he could have been dead by that time too.

There's pros and cons politically. This de facto martial law psychologically conditions the population to live like this. Ultimately, it could lead to lack of resistance by the people when it's needed.'Er well that's happening already. Warrantless searches did not prevent his event nor did the evisceration of our rights. People are being conditioned by these events laying down and giving up their rights instead of insisting its central govt to change its policies.

Yes. If the streets are safe enough for Wolf Blitzer they're safe for the citizens of Boston.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Yes. If the streets are safe enough for Wolf Blitzer they're safe for the citizens of Boston.

Don't forget the donut business.

petegz28
04-20-2013, 10:08 AM

Ill bet that happens more often than we think it does.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 10:13 AM

There's been a number of thwarted terror attacks already without de facto martial law.
In this case, no one was able to even thwart it despite sniffing dogs and massive security.

petegz28
04-20-2013, 10:14 AM

So if 2 guys with home cookware can shut down a city like Boston for a couple days WTf is this country going to do if there is a half-ass coordinated attack by more than 2 students?

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 10:20 AM

A while back there was a nuclear device alert on a Chicago train that turned out to be some asshole that had radioactive shit pumped in him during a procedure at the hospital. They locked down the area until they found the guy. Where was your thread bitching about treaded on liberties then?

Where was your thread about the stay at home order during the last Nor'Easter?

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 10:22 AM
A while back there was a nuclear device alert on a Chicago train that turned out to be some asshole that had radioactive shit pumped in him during a procedure at the hospital. They locked down the area until they found the guy. Where was your thread bitching about treaded on liberties then?

They did a lockdown of an area—not a whole city. Deval Patrick has been criticized for ordering people inside just for snow plowing. Good heavens, this guy has presidential aspirations.

petegz28
04-20-2013, 10:23 AM

Define "area", please.

Look, I understand you are on board with the lockdown. Why weren't you screaming for more lockdowns when a kid is kidnapped or someone is murdered or a cop is on a rampage in L.A.?

See, 2 can play at this game.

petegz28
04-20-2013, 10:23 AM
The lockdown the areaŚnot a whole city. Deval Patrick has been criticized for ordering people inside just for snow plowing. Good heavens, this guy has presidential aspirations.

DOH! I wanted him to have to say it!

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 10:29 AM
The lockdown the areaŚnot a whole city.

In this case, they locked down smaller areas first, then expanded it when they thought he broke their perimeter. They then lifted the lockdown but instituted it again(locally) when he was spotted.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 10:31 AM
In this case, they locked down smaller areas first, then expanded it when they thought he broke their perimeter. They then lifted the lockdown but instituted it again(locally) when he was spotted.

In Boston, one man, one gun against 9000 police, swat teams, $400,000 humvies, military style tanks. That's what I call progress in a free country.

Bump
04-20-2013, 10:34 AM
has there ever been a bigger manhunt in US history? Has a major city ever been locked down like that? That shit was crazy.

Also looks like Obama is going to have them tried in civilian court. How do you guys feel about that?

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Define "area", please.

Look, I understand you are on board with the lockdown. Why weren't you screaming for more lockdowns when a kid is kidnapped or someone is murdered or a cop is on a rampage in L.A.?

See, 2 can play at this game.

The only game you're playing is the "I'm Pete. I'm a moron." game.

ChiefaRoo
04-20-2013, 10:35 AM

It's my understanding the whole city was shut down. Why not lockdown a perimeter and let the rest of the city operate with cops on alert and out in public and an armed citizenry? you know, working together and carrying on with their business in the face of the threat. This whole idea that the citizens are helpless and stripping them of their rights by ordering them to shelter is BS. We are all targets including the cops and the media.

petegz28
04-20-2013, 10:36 AM

Nice deflection, dickhead.

petegz28
04-20-2013, 10:37 AM
has there ever been a bigger manhunt in US history? Has a major city ever been locked down like that? That shit was crazy.

Also looks like Obama is going to have them tried in civilian court. How do you guys feel about that?

Both of these guys could hav been deported in 2009....

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2013/04/boston-bomber-could-have-been-deported-after-2009-conviction/

KChiefer
In Boston, one man with explosives, one gun against 9000 police, swat teams, $400,000 humvies, military style tanks. That's what I call progress in a free country.

FYP

And

Are the people of Boston free again? Or is the city now a permanent ghetto?

BucEyedPea

So you got nothing but this logical fallacy?

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 10:39 AM

If he's a US citizen, it would be another slight in rights for the rest of us as a precedent to do otherwise.

Now, I can see why our overlords wanted to define all of America as part of the battlefield in NDAA. I think martial law is coming nationwide.

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 10:39 AM
It's my understanding the whole city was shut down. Why not lockdown a perimeter and let the rest of the city operate with cops on alert and out in public and an armed citizenry? you know, working together and carrying on with their business in the face of the threat. This whole idea that the citizens are helpless and stripping them of their rights by ordering them to shelter is BS. We are all targets including the cops and the media.

The citizens were ready to jump two kids from the NYP and some poor sap in a blue fleece. If people wanted to grab their gun and secure their property, fine. If they want to grab their gun and secure the entire neighborhood, NO!

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 10:40 AM
FYP

And

Have they actually found any explosives on the last guy...or elsewhere yet?
The question you should be asking, is how this entire event wasn't prevented with all the security and massive govt spying in place?

Wake up and smell the coffee instead of licking the boots of the state.

chiefzilla1501
04-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Both of these guys could hav been deported in 2009....

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2013/04/boston-bomber-could-have-been-deported-after-2009-conviction/

Holy hell, so we should deport every Chechnian? Or we should have predicted that because he was a Chechnian who got arrested for domestic assault that he was going to become a terrorist?

Yes, let's deport every Checnian or Muslim with a criminal background, as well as every kid with Asperger's Syndrome because they're likely to go on mass shooting sprees.

petegz28
FYP

And

No, unfortunalty the city of Boston is now the poster child of how the government can declare martial law (but not really) whenever they want.

stevieray
I think martial law is coming nationwide.

"peace and security"

petegz28
04-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Holy hell, so we should deport every Chechnian? Or we should have predicted that because he was a Chechnian who got arrested for domestic assault that he was going to become a terrorist?

Yes, let's deport every Checnian or Muslim with a criminal background, as well as every kid with Asperger's Syndrome because they're likely to go on mass shooting sprees.

Yeah, that's what the article said...deport him because he is a Checnhian

chiefzilla1501
04-20-2013, 10:43 AM

Because then you have morons like George Zimmerman who go vigilante, try to be a hero, and start stalking people based on his own version of profiling. Only to find he has no training whatsoever to defuse a situation.

How many people would be profiled and shot. Or tried to profile a person and found themselves on the wrong side of the fight?

JFC. I support gun rights as a form of self-protection, not for untrained citizens to become vigilantes proactively looking to use their guns on people.

chiefzilla1501
04-20-2013, 10:44 AM
Yeah, that's what the article said...deport him because he is a Checnhian

The article says he should have been deported because of a domestic assault arrest. And oh by the way, because he is Chechnian, that means we should assume his aggression makes him a terrorist. It is a stupid article.

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 10:45 AM
Have they actually found any explosives on the last guy...or elsewhere yet?

Yes. The shitheads were throwing them at the police. They also found bombs thought to have been planted at MIT. I haven't seen all the confirmed details, but this is one of the reasons the lockdown was so widespread. They didn't know where all bombs could be.

And the fact that the first guy did have explosives strapped to himself would give the authorities an understandable suspicion that #2 also had them strapped to himself.

ChiefaRoo
04-20-2013, 10:48 AM
The citizens were ready to jump two kids from the NYP and some poor sap in a blue fleece. If people wanted to grab their gun and secure their property, fine. If they want to grab their gun and secure the entire neighborhood, NO!

I agree. The cops do the security and the people protect themselves in the imminent face of attack.

Listen, I'm not promoting mob rule. I'm promoting beating terrorism by carrying on in a measured way.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 10:48 AM
Yes. The shitheads were throwing them at the police. They also found bombs thought to have been planted at MIT. I haven't seen all the confirmed details, but this is one of the reasons the lockdown was so widespread. They didn't know where all bombs could be.

And the fact that the first guy did have explosives strapped to himself would give the authorities an understandable suspicion that #2 also had them strapped to himself.

I know about the first guy and some grenades thrown at cops.

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 10:50 AM
I know about the first guy and some grenades thrown at cops.

So you know about #1 but are asking if they've found more as if they had no reason to believe that #2 would have explosives???

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 10:53 AM
I agree. The cops do the security and the people protect themselves in the imminent face of attack.

Listen, I'm not promoting mob rule. I'm promoting beating terrorism by carrying on in a measured way.

And in a sense they did. Look, if you had a great reason to leave the house, I'm sure the police would allow it and maybe even assist you. If you want to go to McDonald's or show off your Hawaiian shirt on casual Friday, sorry sit tight for the day.

BucEyedPea
So you know about #1 but are asking if they've found more as if they had no reason to believe that #2 would have explosives???

These things were on them physically and they were obviously tracked at that point. I don't see the need to shut down all of the city because of that.

chiefzilla1501
So if 2 guys with home cookware can shut down a city like Boston for a couple days WTf is this country going to do if there is a half-ass coordinated attack by more than 2 students?

2 guys with home cookware paralyzed a city because they launched an attack where there wasn't surveillance or security to stop it. And no, the paralysis was largely due to fear that this could happen again and because the killers were still at large, a hell of a lot more so than because Boston asked the citizens to stay at home.

ChiefaRoo
04-20-2013, 10:54 AM

I understand. Then there really arent to many safe places in this scenario. The terrorists could of planted bombs in or near homes at will. Simply put we cannot allow a city to be paralyzed by two guys with bombs. A helpless citizenry is a bad way of thinking. We should be educated and armed to defend our property and our person.

mnchiefsguy
04-20-2013, 10:56 AM

If those in this country cannot obey the laws of this country while enjoying our hospitality on a visa, then yes, they should be asked to leave.

Asking foreigners to obey our laws while in this country is not as unreasonable as you make it sound.

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 10:58 AM
These things were on them physically and they were obviously tracked at that point. I don't see the need to shut down all of the city because of that.

So say he had another backpack. Do you see why it'd be a good idea to not allow people to jump on the train only to have him get on as well?

It's all about calculated risk. Could they have done more bombings on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday? Yes. Does the risk go up massively once these guys know the end is nigh? Yes.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 10:58 AM
If those in this country cannot obey the laws of this country while enjoying our hospitality on a visa, then yes, they should be asked to leave.

Asking foreigners to obey our laws while in this country is not as unreasonable as you make it sound.

Yup!

I also don't understand why under a so-called War on Terror we allow immigration from certain countries or a group from any country that has extremists in it wanting to kill us, at least on a temporary basis. This is where profiling is legit, imo.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 11:00 AM
So say he had another backpack. Do you see why it'd be a good idea to not allow people to jump on the train only to have him get on as well?

It's all about calculated risk. Could they have done more bombings on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday? Yes. Does the risk go up massively once these guys know the end is nigh? Yes.
They seemed to have a pretty good idea of their whereabouts.
My main contention is this was preventable from the get-go. I realize hindsight is always 20/20 but living with a massive loss of rights already, means the authorities have no excuse. It just allows them to take more rights. It's slowing coming.

ChiefaRoo
04-20-2013, 11:01 AM
I guess it's asking to much of political leaders to coordinate with the police, FBI and able citizens to keep our cities functioning during a crisis involving a couple of crazies and homemade bombs. Instead let's all just listen to the politicians and be sheep. Lets shut down all economic activity. Lets listen to Politicians who are all theory and personal promotion minded. They're not strategic thinkers or tacticians. It's a joke.

mnchiefsguy
04-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Yup!

I also don't understand why under a so-called War on Terror we allow immigration from certain countries or a group from any country that has extremists in it wanting to kill us, at least on a temporary basis. This is where profiling is legit, imo.

I tend to agree. This concept that the USA is somehow obligated to just accept any person from anywhere is just not right. America is completely within its rights to be picky about who we allow within our borders, and in my opinion, immigration standards should be tougher. The paperwork and bureaucracy to get into this country is tougher than the actual standards we by which we allow people to enter this country, in my opinion.

stevieray
04-20-2013, 11:03 AM
It just allows them to take more rights. It's slowing coming.

...government enables immorality, immorality enables crisis, crisis enables government.

and the beat goes on....

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Yes. Checkpoints will be coming. Oh wait! I hear they exist in spots.

dirk digler
04-20-2013, 11:09 AM

I heard last night that parts of the city far enough away from Watertown people were out and about.

And I believe the only reason why they shut down most of the city was to keep him from escaping.

ChiefaRoo
04-20-2013, 11:11 AM
I heard last night that parts of the city far enough away from Watertown people were out and about.

I hope thats right. The media has not reported it like that though.

chiefzilla1501
04-20-2013, 11:12 AM

I don't support deportation under current policy because our ridiculous procedures make it too damn expensive (I would support if the US worked as it should and deportations were more immediate). Do you realize how much this would cost if we followed this process under our current system?

But more than anything... I'm scratching my head at what point Pete was trying to make, as if it was some sort of "a-ha" that a domestic violence crime should predict mass murder.

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 11:14 AM

I wonder why the media would sensationalize what was going on in Boston? :hmmm:

dirk digler
04-20-2013, 11:15 AM

Here is a link from BEP's boyfriends website

http://www.dailypaul.com/282629/the-boston-lockdown-is-a-lie-there-are-people-everywhere

petegz28
04-20-2013, 11:22 AM
2 guys with home cookware paralyzed a city because they launched an attack where there wasn't surveillance or security to stop it. And no, the paralysis was largely due to fear that this could happen again and because the killers were still at large, a hell of a lot more so than because Boston asked the citizens to stay at home.

Want to clarify that before I comment because I don't think that's what you meant to say. Either way it proves the point a few of us are trying to make. If you stayed home in fear then the terrorists won. If the Cops out the city on lockdown over 2 guys, the terrorists won.

That's the entire point of terrorism. Thus my saying that to bend to it's will, even for a few days, gives other terrorist groups encouragment to a degree that they can be effective with minmal effort.

petegz28
04-20-2013, 11:23 AM

And I believe the only reason why they shut down most of the city was to keep him from escaping.

well what I heard was the city was shutdown because the resources being dedicated to the manhunt would not be available for others so they wanted people to stay home to reduce the workload of the resources being put out to look for the bad guy.

mnchiefsguy
04-20-2013, 11:24 AM
I don't support deportation under current policy because our ridiculous procedures make it too damn expensive (I would support if the US worked as it should and deportations were more immediate). Do you realize how much this would cost if we followed this process under our current system?

But more than anything... I'm scratching my head at what point Pete was trying to make, as if it was some sort of "a-ha" that a domestic violence crime should predict mass murder.

It should not cost as much as it does. Once a conviction occurs, then deportation should be done. Seems simple....must be another example of government over complicating a simple procedure, thus driving up the cost exponentially.

I cannot speak for pete, but I think the point was that if the bombers had been deported for their previous crimes, then they would not have been at the marathon in the first place.

Immigration policy and procedures need a complete overhaul, and need to be redone from the ground up. A combination of better border security in the South, better immigration standards that would prevent those that should not be allowed in into this country. and a simpler, streamlined, less expensive process for immigration would work wonders on the problem.

petegz28
04-20-2013, 11:24 AM
I wonder why the media would sensationalize what was going on in Boston? :hmmm:

The media is the biggest culprit in all of this. Don't get mke started on our sick, dimented media

WhiteWhale
04-20-2013, 11:25 AM
So I didn't read the thread....

I kinda thought the martial law was a nice glimpse into our eventual future.

LiveSteam
04-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Here is a link from BEP's boyfriends website

http://www.dailypaul.com/282629/the-boston-lockdown-is-a-lie-there-are-people-everywhere

Her man lives in Florida. He's not a Bostonian

petegz28
04-20-2013, 11:26 AM

Point is if they were deported as the probably should have been they wouldn't have been here to blow people up. Scratch your head on that one.

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 11:37 AM
The media is the biggest culprit in all of this. Don't get mke started on our sick, dimented media

You should start a thread on that now that this one has proven to be total bullshit.

chiefzilla1501
04-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Point is if they were deported as the probably should have been they wouldn't have been here to blow people up. Scratch your head on that one.

First of all, who is "they"? Only one was arrested and it was a minor crime. JFC. It's not like they were caught in some terrorist plot.

Secondly, the idea that this could have been avoided by better deportation policy is just laughable. You're cherry-picking one unbelievably loose example, then suggesting that this in any way pertains to the problem. The problem is that we have plenty of crazy people legally within our borders, not that we have thousands or whatever number it is of immigrants who still live here in spite of committing a minor crime. Deporting those guys (even if we could today en masse) isn't going to make us feel any safer.

There was no point to your post except to push an agenda of swifter deportation, which I agree with.

Bump
04-20-2013, 11:58 AM
You should start a thread on that now that this one has proven to be total bullshit.

total bullshit? are you fucking serious?

The media is ridiculously bad. Of course, it's controlled by our owners so that we stay in fear.

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 12:08 PM
total bullshit? are you ****ing serious?

The media is ridiculously bad. Of course, it's controlled by our owners so that we stay in fear.

I'm saying THIS thread is bullshit, not that calling out the media through all this would be bullshit. He was saying that shutting down the entire city gave these terrorist dickbags a W, but dirk digler's linked article says that the entire city didn't "shut down."

chiefzilla1501
04-20-2013, 12:11 PM
Want to clarify that before I comment because I don't think that's what you meant to say. Either way it proves the point a few of us are trying to make. If you stayed home in fear then the terrorists won. If the Cops out the city on lockdown over 2 guys, the terrorists won.

That's the entire point of terrorism. Thus my saying that to bend to it's will, even for a few days, gives other terrorist groups encouragment to a degree that they can be effective with minmal effort.

Paralysis was going to occur no matter what. If they didn't catch the bomber in 3 days, how many bars and restaurants would have lost business because people stayed at home? Bruins/Red Sox games? How much tourist dollars would have been lost? I don't know if I agree with the methods of catching the two guys, but it brought normalcy versus being paralyzed for months. Or how about this -- what if the bombers were at large, not caught, and bombed a different area (e.g. a Bruins game)?

You really think the terrorists believe they won because Boston put the city on lockdown? We brought two guys who launched a sneak attack and got away to justice within a few days and the city is back to normal in almost record time.
It took months to find all those involved in the McVeigh plot. We still don't know who actually bombed Spain's trains.

If anything, I'm sure terrorists look to this and realize that it's going to be harder to get away with this, save for some kind of suicide bombing.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 12:13 PM
Inch by inch, row by row
Gonna make our freedoms go
All we need is t'errist foes
To create some fertile ground

Inch by inch, row by row
We will make more terri'st foes
Using drones to make them grow
'Till freedoms all go down

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 12:14 PM
Paralysis was going to occur no matter what. If they didn't catch the bomber in 3 days, how many bars and restaurants would have lost business because people stayed at home? Bruins/Red Sox games? How much tourist dollars would have been lost? I don't know if I agree with the methods of catching the two guys, but it brought normalcy versus being paralyzed for months. Or how about this -- what if the bombers were at large, not caught, and bombed a different area (e.g. a Bruins game)?

You really think the terrorists believe they won because Boston put the city on lockdown? We brought two guys who launched a sneak attack and got away to justice within a few days and the city is back to normal in almost record time.
It took months to find all those involved in the McVeigh plot. We still don't know who actually bombed Spain's trains.

If anything, I'm sure terrorists look to this and realize that it's going to be harder to get away with this, save for some kind of suicide bombing.

Of course the terrorists won. We lost many freedoms under the national security state and yet they're still here. I wouldn't be surprised if more is to come.
Thought we were defending freedom....well it's gone.

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Of course the terrorists won. We lost many freedoms under the national security state and yet they're still here. I wouldn't be surprised if more is to come.

Yeah, just listen to all those repressed sheep...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rFGTrjWi_gY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WhiteWhale
04-20-2013, 12:21 PM

Well thank god none of the foreign or domestic terrorists have shown a willingness to die to achieve these acts.

chiefzilla1501
04-20-2013, 12:23 PM

If the terrorists won, it's because they're here and they are hard to spot, and possibly to stop.

It has nothing to do with our response once the terrorist attacks took place. That's just ridiculous to suggest that terrorists will believe they won because for a few days, the city shut down. But after just a short few days, the city is the exact opposite of living in terror and the terrorists were caught (even though it often takes months to years, and often not at all). The idea that those achievements are somehow lost because we lost a few freedoms...

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 12:26 PM
If the terrorists won, it's because they're here and they are hard to spot, and possibly to stop.

It has nothing to do with our response once the terrorist attacks took place. That's just ridiculous to suggest that terrorists will believe they won because for a few days, the city shut down. But after just a short few days, the city is the exact opposite of living in terror and the terrorists were caught (even though it often takes months to years, and often not at all). The idea that those achievements are somehow lost because we lost a few freedoms...

Exactly. In her world it's total bullshit to have cameras everywhere filming people. What IDed these guys? Cameras everywhere filming people.

petegz28
04-20-2013, 12:26 PM

Go hide and stfu

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Go hide a stfu

How would one "go hide a stfu?"

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Go hide a stfu

Why haven't you replied to dirk's post linking to an article saying the entire city wasn't on lockdown yet?

petegz28
04-20-2013, 12:31 PM
Why haven't you replied to dirk's post linking to an article saying the entire city wasn't on lockdown yet?

I did not see his post, I will go read. Meantime explain why the Boston PD had to order Dunkin Donuts to stay open?

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 12:32 PM
I did not see his post, I will go read. Meantime explain why the Boston PD had to order Dunkin Donuts to stay open?

Link?

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Link?

Geezaz! It was in the main thread on the Marathon in the Lounge. You were there.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/19/police-allow-dunkin-donuts-stores-to-remain-open-despite-boston-lockdown-3654461/

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Yeah, just listen to all those repressed sheep...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rFGTrjWi_gY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Video removed by user. LMAO

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 12:37 PM

Exactly my point!

As to the rest: baaaaaaahlambs

My point is, they don't have to be here if we change some things. Once here, people get conditioned, out of fear, to accept more and loss of rights and a growing garrison state.

Enjoy your chains.

patteeu
04-20-2013, 12:44 PM
We should be fighting them over there where it makes sense, to minimize the degree to which we need to fight them over here and the degree to which we must limit our domestic civil liberties in the name of security.

We should reform our immigration process to focus on assimilation (at the expense of multiculturalism) and maximize the degree to which people who advance toward citizenship are patriotic Americans. Immigration shouldn't be about importing cheap labor or a reliably partisan underclass.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Remember when, you were considered a nut if...

• you thought martial law was coming
• were prepared for being cut off from water, food and other essentials
• thought terrorists incidents would repeal the Bill of Rights
• you opposed interventionist war and it's blowback

Courtesy of ... Lew

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Video removed by user. LMAO

This one should still be up:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zVO-tzRoKY0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As far as the Dunkin' Donuts. They weren't ORDERED to remain open, they were ASKED to remain open. And yes, cops need coffee. I must admit that shit's pretty funny though.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Okay, so instead of a white sheep, you posted some black sheep. BFD!

Thanks for proving my point on how this stuff is conditioning folks.

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Dunkin' Donuts In Certain Boston Areas Stay Open To Serve Police During City Lockdown

On Friday afternoon, a handful of Dunkin' Donuts stores remained open in the Boston area to serve coffee and donuts, despite the widespread lockdown of the city and surrounding areas. Karen Raskopf, chief communications officer for Dunkin’ Brands, said the orders to remain open came from the city.

"At the direction of authorities, select Dunkin' Donuts restaurants in the Boston area are open to take care of needs of law enforcement and first responders," Raskopf told The Huffington Post in an emailed statement.

BuzzFeed first reported the news on Friday morning that many outlets were still open, noting the city's reputed affection for the national donut chain. However, in neighboring Watertown, some Dunkin' Donuts were ordered to close by late morning, according to two stores contacted by The Huffington Post.

Surya Thapa, owner of a Dunkin' Donuts store on Mt. Auburn Street in Watertown said he was ordered to close around 11 a.m. He said the loss of business could cost him as much as $4,000 to $5,000 for the day. Despite the loss of business on Friday, Thapa said he supported closing down his shop. "I cannot risk my employees' safety," he said.

When asked about safety concerns at the stores that are open, Raskopf said, "The select open restaurants in the Boston area are those in areas with a heavy law enforcement concentration in order to serve first responders. We have been in touch with the authorities regarding which restaurants to have open and closed."

In downtown Boston, most restaurants were shuttered at Friday lunch hour.

One dining institution, however, was open for business. When contacted by The Huffington Post, Wesley Hagan, an employee at the Union Oyster House, confirmed that the restaurant was open on Friday and the oyster bar was stocked. Hagan said the restaurant had not been ordered to close.

"People still need to eat," he said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/19/dunkin-donuts-stays-open-_n_3116787.html

Gee, I wonder if the owner of that oyster bar is getting hauled to Gitmo soon?

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Gee, I wonder if the owner of that oyster bar is getting hauled to Gitmo soon?

I have an idea. Let people and business owners decide if they want to go out or remain open. I just bet most choose to be safe without being ordered. There'd be a few that would ignore it but it's no different than what they do regarding hurricanes where I live. They come around with a bull horn recommending we get out or evacuate. Storm warnings are published etc.

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 01:12 PM
I have an idea. Let people and business owners decide if they want to go out or remain open. I just bet most choose to be safe without being ordered. There'd be a few that would ignore it but it's no different than what they do regarding hurricanes where I live. They come around with a bull horn recommending we get out or evacuate. Storm warnings are published etc.

So you're saying there are circumstances that cause officals to institute lock-ins or lock-outs in your area for the public good and those are reasonable, but this one wasn't?

ROFL

How many people do you think got arrested for not abiding this lockdown in Boston?

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 01:19 PM
You're all ready to defend SkyNet – because it gets a few bad guys.

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 01:21 PM
You're all ready to defend SkyNet ľ because it gets a few bad guys.

Yeah, these were "just a few bad guys."

ROFL

NSFW
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/thehour.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/7/28/728801c0-a6bd-11e2-9096-0019bb30f31a/516d8e417f320.image.jpg

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Yeah, these were "just a few bad guys."

ROFL

They were just two, which was less than a few.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Time to stop bleeting KChiefer.

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Time to stop bleeting KChiefer.

If Jeff Bauman or Martin Richard were your children, would your stance on yesterday's lockdown change?

Time to stop being an ideologue, BEP.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 01:35 PM
There's nothing wrong with being an ideologue...it just depends on the ideology.
You're projecting because you're an ideologue too. You stand for statism. I stand for freedom.

Now may I ask what part of time to stop bleeting you don't understand?

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 01:40 PM
There's nothing wrong with being an ideologue...it just depends on the ideology.
You're projecting because you're an ideologue too. You stand for statism. I stand for freedom.

Again. If Jeff Bauman of Martin Richard were your child, would your stance on the 12-hour lockdown(which wasn't absolute) in Boston change?

Cannibal
04-20-2013, 01:46 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BX2aSG8RqEU/SgIOObG0-EI/AAAAAAAAB-E/cPgIvKNFOrE/s400/Hate+Taxes+Government+Regulations,+Love+Guns+-+It's+better+in+Somalia.

RNR
04-20-2013, 02:13 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BX2aSG8RqEU/SgIOObG0-EI/AAAAAAAAB-E/cPgIvKNFOrE/s400/Hate+Taxes+Government+Regulations,+Love+Guns+-+It's+better+in+Somalia.

A simply asinine and typical response from the gun grabbing liberal idiots~

Cannibal
04-20-2013, 02:15 PM
Not after your guns douche. We have a Glock 19.

Although, I do think we need better screenings to purchase one.

RNR
04-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Not after your guns douche. We have a Glock 19.

Although, I do think we need better screenings to purchase one.

Whatever shitbag you posted you own it~

Cannibal
04-20-2013, 02:21 PM
Have fun in Somali fuckhead HAHAHA

Cannibal
04-20-2013, 02:23 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7c_L0XjToig/UPr4a_Xbn7I/AAAAAAAACGE/V7Q0YeZ8ggM/s1600/somalia.png

RNR
04-20-2013, 02:26 PM
Have fun in Somali ****head HAHAHA

Your wit is as lame as the cartoon you found post worthy~

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 02:29 PM
Don't listen to him, Cannibal. I'm laughing my ass off!

"Ur a gun grabber!"

"Really? Because I own one."

"Arrrrgh! F UUUUUU!"

ROFL

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Your wit is as lame as the cartoon you found post worthy~

Yeah, it's hyperbole using two-valued absolutist logic of extremes.

bandwagonjumper
04-20-2013, 03:06 PM

I totally disagree. I'm not an ideologue but I'm scared of them. Hitler, Stalin, Mao or Khmer Rouge were all ideologues and killed million of people. I don't know your ideology but lets say your were in power. How would you treat people who were opposed to you? I'm scared because when ideology and reality collide ideology always win. As the saying goes the way to hell is plastered with good intention.

mr. tegu
04-20-2013, 03:23 PM
If they didn't do the whole lockdown thing, there are three things of which I am positive would have happened.

- the guy would have been caught quicker
- he would not have survived
- more civilians and their property would have been harmed from the perp and police or mentally through unwarranted questioning and misidentifications.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 03:48 PM
I totally disagree. I'm not an ideologue but I'm scared of them. Hitler, Stalin, Mao or Khmer Rouge were all ideologues and killed million of people. I don't know your ideology but lets say your were in power. How would you treat people who were opposed to you? I'm scared because when ideology and reality collide ideology always win. As the saying goes the way to hell is plastered with good intention.

What do you think our Founding Father's were? What do you think the debates at the original Constitutional Convention were over? If the ideology is about limiting govt power so the people can live their lives freely, there is no harm. You're basically proving my point...that it's the ideology that matters—not that one has one. You picked several that are based on strong central powers over an ideology that puts limits on central govt power. This is the ideology of KChiefer, obviously. He licks the jack boots of police state powers.

ideology:

1.visionary theorizing

2. a : a systematic body of concepts especially about human life or culture
b : a manner or the content of thinking characteristic of an individual, group, or culture
c : the integrated assertions, theories and aims that constitute a sociopolitical program

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ideology

KC native
04-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Yeah, it's hyperbole using two-valued absolutist logic of extremes.

ROFL Please expound on this nonsense.

KC native
04-20-2013, 03:52 PM

ROFL It's always bad to be an ideologue.

Ideologues do not evaluate new evidence or accept evidence that challenges their views.

Not surprising that you think it's not bad. I bet Lew Rockwell told you that.

BucEyedPea
Have fun in Somali ****head HAHAHA

Yes because putting limits on govt power means the same thing as a primitive one or no govt at all. This is just one huge logical fallacy.

http://thunderf00tdotorg.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/strawman-motivational.jpg

KC native
A simply asinine and typical response from the gun grabbing liberal idiots~

hey the return of hardcore grandpa.

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 04:12 PM
If a bridge collapsed and police put up a barricade to prevent people from driving onto it, BEP would tell you drivers are having their rights taken away.

Cannibal
04-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Ha! Good point.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-20-2013, 04:20 PM
If a bridge collapsed and police put up a barricade to prevent people from driving onto it, BEP would tell you drivers are having their rights taken away.

Nope, that's limited govt! :D

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Nope, that's limited govt! :D

You got it...but they're unable to process certain information without altering it to worsen.

RNR
04-20-2013, 06:07 PM
hey the return of hardcore grandpa.

Oh look the attention whore is desperate for someone, anyone to take him seriously enough to argue with him. How cute~

RNR
04-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Don't listen to him, Cannibal. I'm laughing my ass off!

"Ur a gun grabber!"

"Really? Because I own one."

"Arrrrgh! F UUUUUU!"

ROFL

You and your shitbag buddy comparing people fighting for their rights to wishing to live in a third world country is typical from the left. We have several laws regarding guns in this country. If you worthless shitbags took the time to notice that the laws in place are not enforced you might get a clue why several of us are not interested in more laws~

petegz28
04-20-2013, 06:47 PM
You and your shitbag buddy comparing people fighting for their rights to wishing to live in a third world country is typical from the left. We have several laws regarding guns in this country. If you worthless shitbags took the time to notice that the laws in place are not enforced you might get a clue why several of us are not interested in more laws~

This would negate their emotional reaction to Newtown

Cannibal
04-20-2013, 07:02 PM

Get stuffed dickhead.

RNR
04-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Get stuffed dickhead.

LMAO you mad shitbag?

Cannibal
04-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Nope.

RNR
04-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Nope.

LMAO liar~

Cannibal
04-20-2013, 07:12 PM
LMAO liar~

What ever you say Bubba.:thumb:

cosmo20002
04-20-2013, 07:16 PM
There's nothing wrong with being an ideologue...it just depends on the ideology. You're projecting because you're an ideologue too. You stand for statism. I stand for freedom.

Nope. Being an ideologue means ignoring reality and clinging to ideology no matter what. Unless you live in a world where everything is black and white, no shades of gray, being an ideologue is just stupid. Not surprised you would be proud of it.

RNR
04-20-2013, 07:17 PM
What ever you say Bubba.:thumb:

Good to hear scooter~

cosmo20002
04-20-2013, 07:18 PM

Hey, if you want to drive off of a cliff into a river, that's your right. And anyway, after the first few people do it because of a lack of a barricade, the market will eventually let the people know that a bridge is out.

ChiefaRoo
04-20-2013, 07:23 PM
So, what are the facts? Was the city on lockdown or not? I read that Boston lost 1billion in economic activity. Which is it?

KCChiefsFan88
04-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Seems odd that a 19 year old kid would shut down an entire city the way it happened yesterday.

Think about all the notorious hunts for fugitives on US soil throughout history... none that I can remember came close to shutting down an entire major city the way yesterday's manhunt did.

A potential slippery slope.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 11:16 PM
So, what are the facts? Was the city on lockdown or not? I read that Boston lost 1billion in economic activity. Which is it?

Yes it was, as well as some closely connected suburbs.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 11:19 PM
Seems odd that a 19 year old kid would shut down an entire city the way it happened yesterday.

Think about all the notorious hunts for fugitives on US soil throughout history... none that I can remember came close to shutting down an entire major city the way yesterday's manhunt did.

A potential slippery slope.

I read it was unprecedented for a manhunt. There was no massive lockdown for the DC sniper or Doerner...or other incidents. I read, but know little about this, that Jerusalem doesn't lockdown like this either.

The real HERO was a private citizen. Yes, that requires the help of police particularly at the end with the infrared and to take the kid in.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 11:21 PM
Nope. Being an ideologue means ignoring reality and clinging to ideology no matter what. Unless you live in a world where everything is black and white, no shades of gray, being an ideologue is just stupid. Not surprised you would be proud of it.

Nope, that's just your opinion. Besides, one can be an ideologue and make compromises while governing. Even I and Ron Paul would do that. Rolling back govt can't happen overnight. Afterall, you ideological comrades have taken your sweet ass time and still haven't quit.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 11:35 PM
I need to correct something I posted earlier, even though my checking out the other claim hasn't turned up much specific. I posted the private citizen who discovered the suspect did so in defiance of the lockdown because that's what I first read. Later, I was told it was after the lockdown was lifted. Either way the point still stands.

BucEyedPea
04-20-2013, 11:42 PM
I bet Mass Progs that live in Boston wished they had an AR-15 Friday. Another reason to be a nation of minutemen.