PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Ok, which one of you is Arkansas State Representative Nate Bell (R)?

Pitt Gorilla
04-20-2013, 09:14 PM
"I wonder how many Boston liberals spent the night cowering in their homes wishing they had an AR-15 with a hi-capacity magazine? #2A"

— Nate Bell (@NateBell4AR) April 19, 2013

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2013/04/19/open-fire

mlyonsd
04-20-2013, 09:21 PM
I'm one. I actually posted almost that very thing minus the cowering part. And Bell is a pussy for even considering apologizing. He didn't say anything that thousands of Bostonian's weren't probably thinking.

RNR
04-20-2013, 09:22 PM
"I wonder how many Boston liberals spent the night cowering in their homes wishing they had an AR-15 with a hi-capacity magazine? #2A"

— Nate Bell (@NateBell4AR) April 19, 2013

That is as stupid as the VP telling people to unload their double barrelled shot gun in the air to defend their home~

KChiefer
04-20-2013, 09:30 PM
Dude should have hashtagged it #SeanCollier

"Let no tragedy go unexploited." Am I saying that right Pete?

jjjayb
04-21-2013, 05:40 AM
He's just saying what many, including myself, were thinking. But that's right, you're not allowed to politicize a tragedy unless you're liberal.

petegz28
04-21-2013, 06:21 AM
Dude should have hashtagged it #SeanCollier

"Let no tragedy go unexploited." Am I saying that right Pete?

You'd have to ask Rahm.

stonedstooge
04-21-2013, 06:24 AM
A state house member compared to a sitting president is the same?

petegz28
04-21-2013, 06:26 AM
Well let's put this in the context of Boston....

some Bostonians may not like guns, and that's fine...
some Bostonians may not believe in God, and that's fine...

But all those Bostonians were praying to God that people with guns would protect them

DaveNull
04-21-2013, 07:07 AM
But all those Bostonians were praying to God that <b>cops</b> <del>people</del> with guns would protect them

Fixed that for you.

Raiderhader
04-21-2013, 07:16 AM
Fixed that for you.

Are cops not people?

DaveNull
04-21-2013, 07:38 AM
Of course cops are people. Highly trained people who wear body armor and are actually a part of finding the suspects.

The idea that this situation would have been safer or would have come to a more positive end because amateurs had guns is crazy balls.

Rhetoric like this just perpetuates the negative stereotypes of gun owners as out of touch cowboys that think not only that guns are the solution to problems, but that bigger and more powerful guns are.

Hell, if there was people "cowering in their homes wishing they had an AR-15 with a hi-capacity magazine" they'd be misinformed. For close quarters home defense a shotgun is going to be more effective and less likely to unintentionally hurt others in or around the home.

Raiderhader
04-21-2013, 07:45 AM
Of course cops are people. Highly trained people who wear body armor and are actually a part of finding the suspects.

The idea that this situation would have been safer or would have come to a more positive end because amateurs had guns is crazy balls.

Rhetoric like this just perpetuates the negative stereotypes of gun owners as out of touch cowboys that think not only that guns are the solution to problems, but that bigger and more powerful guns are.

Hell, if there was people "cowering in their homes wishing they had an AR-15 with a hi-capacity magazine" they'd be misinformed. For close quarters home defense a shotgun is going to be more effective and less likely to unintentionally hurt others in or around the home.

Considering the way this guy was armed, and considering the number of shoot outs he was involved in, An AR 15 could actually be a practical weapon. But please, continue to lecture those of us who own and shoot firearms on what type of weapon is best for certain situations. :whackit:

mlyonsd
04-21-2013, 07:45 AM

We're talking about a heavily armed terrorist very possibly wearing an armored vest. You take the shotgun, I'll man the AR-15 thank you.

RaiderH8r
04-21-2013, 07:47 AM

And this kind of comment just reinforces the stereotype of a typical pedantic liberal jackass that thinks just because he watched an episode of NCIS he knows fuck all about the practical applications of firearms, particularly as a means for home defense.

Raiderhader
04-21-2013, 07:53 AM
We're talking about a heavily armed terrorist very possibly wearing an armored vest. You take the shotgun, I'll man the AR-15 thank you.

Not to mention the fact that the piece of sh!t wasn't even in the house. He was outside in the back yard.

DaveNull
04-21-2013, 08:02 AM
pedantic liberal jackass

Pedantic jackass I can deal with, but what part of my statement makes you think that I'm a liberal? Did I say something factually inaccurate about the efficacy of a shotgun in close quarters?

Raiderhader
04-21-2013, 08:14 AM
Pedantic jackass I can deal with, but what part of my statement makes you think that I'm a liberal? Did I say something factually inaccurate about the efficacy of a shotgun in close quarters?

Probably had more to do with this statement -

"Rhetoric like this just perpetuates the negative stereotypes of gun owners as out of touch cowboys that think not only that guns are the solution to problems, but that bigger and more powerful guns are."

Just guessing.

RaiderH8r
04-21-2013, 08:19 AM

Less about the efficacy and more about your implicit assertion of its universal application as the preferred method for everybody. For example, a 12 gauge with a 20" barrel is unwieldy and impractical for my 100 pound wife to use, particularly in the house. A lightweight AR .223 is easier to tote and considerably less recoil than a shotgun.

I guess it was the aforementioned ham handed assertion, so reflective of Biden's stupidity, that led me to the conclusion that you are another of the many liberals parroting the same baseless stock talking points.

DaveNull
04-21-2013, 08:22 AM
Yeah, actually I'm a pretty staunch supporter of gun rights and oppose an assault weapons ban but thanks for playing.

As it happens you can reasonably support broad gun ownership rights without supporting ignorant statements like those from Nate Bell.

Raiderhader
04-21-2013, 08:46 AM
Yeah, actually I'm a pretty staunch supporter of gun rights and oppose an assault weapons ban but thanks for playing.

As it happens you can reasonably support broad gun ownership rights without supporting ignorant statements like those from Nate Bell.

How can you ascertain that Mr. Bell's statement is ignorant? Where you in the homes of these people? Where you in their heads reading their thoughts?

DaveNull
04-21-2013, 08:55 AM
No, but neither was he. I call this an ignorant statement because he lacks the sophistication to understand that by asking this rhetorical question he sets his own pro-gun movement back.

Saul Good
04-21-2013, 08:59 AM
No, but neither was he. I call this an ignorant statement because he lacks the sophistication to understand that by asking this rhetorical question he sets his own pro-gun movement back.

He didn't make any statement other than to wonder something aloud. If someone like this was on the loose in my area, I would want an AR.

petegz28
04-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Fixed that for you.

Hardly, jack ass

petegz28
04-21-2013, 09:08 AM

Highyl trained? Is that why they were using automatic fire on the boat? Question...where did all those stray bullets from this highly trained people go?

petegz28
04-21-2013, 09:11 AM
He didn't make any statement other than to wonder something aloud. If someone like this was on the loose in my area, I would want an AR.

Hell to the yes I would want an AR! With several 30-rd mags loaded with Zombie HP's!!! Fuck that 12 guage, close-quarters crap.

However, should it come to close quarters...I do have a 12 gauge! :D

Raiderhader
04-21-2013, 09:12 AM

He wasn't making a statement of fact. And no way has he set the movement back. It is a more than fair question.

BucEyedPea
04-21-2013, 09:21 AM
He's just saying what many, including myself, were thinking. But that's right, you're not allowed to politicize a tragedy unless you're liberal.

You got it. Mass progs, from the few I've seen so far, start witch hunts over speech should anyone say something they don't agree with. They claim to love the individual but they really don't...they love the state.

KChiefer
04-21-2013, 09:23 AM

This isn't this guy "just saying what he's thinking." And fine, politicize it, but you and the likes of many others need to shelf the comments that try to shame people and accuse them of propping up tragedies for political gain. This is exhibit 1a of your side do the exact same thing.

As fo the merit of this dipshits comment, DaveNull has it right, why exactly does everyone NEED an AR-15 in this situation when there's already thousands of cops actively searching for this guy? This isn't even about a ban.

And this kind of comment just reinforces the stereotype of a typical pedantic liberal jackass that thinks just because he watched an episode of NCIS he knows **** all about the practical applications of firearms, particularly as a means for home defense.

And you and yours just reinforces the stereotype that you guys like to fantasize about some ep of Walker Texas Ranger and conclude that you'd have gotten this dude with one hand while groping your wife with the other if you'd have just had your AR with you.

BucEyedPea
04-21-2013, 09:26 AM
This isn't this guy "just saying what he's thinking." And fine, politicize it, but you and the likes of many others need to shelf the comments that try to shame people and accuse them of propping up tragedies for political gain. This is exhibit 1a of your side do the exact same thing.

As fo the merit of this dipshits comment, DaveNull has it right, why exactly does everyone NEED an AR-15 in this situation when there's already thousands of cops actively searching for this guy? This isn't even about a ban.

And you and yours just reinforces the stereotype that you guys like to fantasize about some ep of Walker Texas Ranger and conclude that you'd have gotten this dude with one hand while groping your wife with the other if you'd have just had your AR with you.

Oooooo, a pissed off Prog acting like an authoritarian. Tsk! Tsk! I wish I could find that image I had of nearly a dozen lefties blaming the right.

petegz28
04-21-2013, 09:31 AM

Dude, I feel for you.....I really do. As long as someone else is there to protect you then you have no problems hiding in your home. Good for you! :)

KChiefer
04-21-2013, 09:33 AM
Oooooo, a pissed off Prog acting like an authoritarian. Tsk! Tsk! I wish I could find that image I had of nearly a dozen lefties blaming the right.

Do yourself a favor and STFU. You didn't have the guts to answer a question a posed to you yesterday twice. You're a shameless hack that parrots your ideology and ducks the hard stuff.

BucEyedPea
04-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Do yourself a favor and STFU. You didn't have the guts to answer a question a posed to you yesterday twice. You're a shameless hack that parrots your ideology and ducks the hard stuff.

The corollary to free speech is the right to not speak or end a conversation because it's no longer worth it. Did it ever occur to you, I may not have seen it? I coulda' missed it, or I felt the discussion was long enough already whereby neither side was ever going to agree. So I stopped reading. You know sometimes, it's just a waste of time. So one stops reading. I thought I said something like that in one conversation.

Not to a committed leftist though. They even force you to speak, the bullies at the level of thought they are. I will repeat what I've said many times before. I reserve the right to not be compelled to answer any question ( particularly if it's really rhetorical ) and to no longer carry on a discussion, to merely state my opinion without being forced into a debate should I desire that, or if I want to for any reason I wish.

You're the Donger of the left.

LiveSteam
04-21-2013, 09:46 AM
Highyl trained? Is that why they were using automatic fire on the boat? Question...where did all those stray bullets from this highly trained people go?

Wasn't it highly trained officers that mowed down a car with two innocent females in it because it matched the description of a car known to be driven by a cop gone bad.

Prison Bitch
04-21-2013, 09:49 AM
Isn't Mass a huge pro-immigration state? Where a couple immigrant Muslims just committed terrorism on them? Guy should've said "Bet they wish they'd closed the border before these jokers came in"

BucEyedPea
04-21-2013, 09:51 AM
Isn't Mass a huge pro-immigration state? Where a couple immigrant Muslims just committed terrorism on them? Guy should've said "Bet they wish they'd closed the border before these jokers came in"

I dunno, but I do know it's a Moonbat state. It's the California of the East...well that entire Northeast area is...the exception being NH. ( which is currently being worked on by the Moonbats.) Sooooo glad, I got out of there.

Prison Bitch
04-21-2013, 09:53 AM
They love immigration, gun control, "diversity". Outlawed the death penalty in 1984. Love tax hikes (200 years ago they hated taxes but now they love them).

That state is all sortsa fucked up.

Brock
04-21-2013, 09:54 AM
You're the Donger of the left.

According to you, everybody is left, including Donger.

BucEyedPea
04-21-2013, 09:55 AM
They love immigration, gun control, "diversity". Outlawed the death penalty in 1984. Love tax hikes (200 years ago they hated taxes but now they love them).

That state is all sortsa ****ed up.

And the majority of other people in other states have thought so for a very long time—mainly because of the Kennedys. Even liberals in other states have said as much. There's gotta be a reason, it's one of the states listed as having the most of amount of people leaving. And that governor has presidential aspirations.

KChiefer
04-21-2013, 09:56 AM

As if even Americans want to immigrate to Arkansas (No offense, NewChief ;)).

Maybe this guy should be trying harder to draw attention to recent disasters in his own state.

BucEyedPea
04-21-2013, 09:57 AM
According to you, everybody is left, including Donger.

Whoosh! The point went over your head. I was addressing style. You know the million question game he plays, when he's really making a statement and has the answer already in his head.

BucEyedPea
04-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Not to mention the fact that the piece of sh!t wasn't even in the house. He was outside in the back yard.

...discovered by a private citizen. WHEN the siege was lifted no less.

Brock
04-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Whoosh! The point went over your head. I was addressing style. You know the million question game he plays, when he's really making a statement and has the answer already in his head.

It appears my point went over your head. You said this guy is the Donger of the left, when in fact, according to you in the past, Donger is the Donger of the left. Because you use the word so much, to describe so many people, that it has long ceased to have any meaning when used by you.

RaiderH8r
04-21-2013, 10:25 AM

I just like to fantasize about my rights and how I, as a free individual, choose to exercise them. Wriggle out from underneath the statist heel and you'll find that the air is just fine. Or not. Your choice.

BucEyedPea
04-21-2013, 10:25 AM
It appears my point went over your head. You said this guy is the Donger of the left, when in fact, according to you in the past, Donger is the Donger of the left. Because you use the word so much, to describe so many people, that it has long ceased to have any meaning when used by you.

Context eludes you too. Donger is on the left because he supports what I consider, and many others on the anti-war right, to support a progressive foreign policy.

KChiefer
04-21-2013, 10:27 AM
I just like to fantasize about my rights and how I, as a free individual, choose to exercise them. Wriggle out from underneath the statist heel and you'll find that the air is just fine. Or not. Your choice.

Yeah, your so free b/c you have an AR in your hand. Lemme know how that stands up against the state that you guys distrust so much when they come knocking.

BucEyedPea
04-21-2013, 10:29 AM
Yeah, your so free b/c you have an AR in your hand. Lemme know how that stands up against the state that you guys distrust so much when they come knocking.

You'd just love that too. Squashing the individual, that is.

Radar Chief
04-21-2013, 10:34 AM

Nate Bell (@NateBell4AR) April 19, 2013

Maybe you could point out exactly where in the OP this was stated.

RaiderH8r
04-21-2013, 10:35 AM

I am free because I have the right to choose whether or not to arm myself. Get your head in the game here slick.

Rights are not given by the state. If they were they would cease to be rights.

I don't distrust the state. It is an entity. Humanity, for all good and ill, makes up the state. I distrust human nature. So do most right thinking individuals. As such, checks against power are necessary.

BucEyedPea
04-21-2013, 10:36 AM
I distrust human nature when it has access to too much power. Hence, I distrust the state as it exists today.

Bowser
04-21-2013, 10:41 AM
Ah, ChiefsPlanet, where we all are millionaires, bench press 500 pounds, bang supermodels, and are ready to empty a clip into a terrorist at a moments notice.

What CAN'T we do, really?

BucEyedPea
04-21-2013, 10:43 AM
LMAO

RaiderH8r
04-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Ah, ChiefsPlanet, where we all are millionaires, bench press 500 pounds, bang supermodels, and are ready to empty a clip into a terrorist at a moments notice.

My only shortcoming is origami. But fuck that shit.

stonedstooge
04-21-2013, 11:13 AM
There's a BIG difference between protecting your property and loved ones and going out and actively seeking to become what some envision a "hero" by taking out the bad guy. Doesn't seem like some want to distinguish between the two

BucEyedPea
04-21-2013, 11:14 AM
There's a BIG difference between protecting your property and loved ones and going out and actively seeking to become what some envision a "hero" by taking out the bad guy. Doesn't seem like some want to distinguish between the two

I didn't get that from this discussion. Just that should the guy have entered anyone's home, they get to take the guy out. Why wait?

Bowser
04-21-2013, 11:15 AM

No shit. I'm lucky to make a plane that actually flies, much less a fucking swan.

Raiderhader
04-21-2013, 11:21 AM

LMAO

notorious
04-21-2013, 01:03 PM

Cheer for a winning team.

Radar Chief
04-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Cheer for a winning team.

:LOL: Ouch!

SNR
04-21-2013, 02:06 PM
No shit. I'm lucky to make a plane that actually flies, much less a fucking swan.

You make cranes in origami, not swans.

Dumbass.

Bump
04-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Well let's put this in the context of Boston....

some Bostonians may not like guns, and that's fine...
some Bostonians may not believe in God, and that's fine...

But all those Bostonians were praying to God that people with guns would protect them

I certainly wasn't praying.

BucEyedPea
04-21-2013, 03:32 PM
I certainly wasn't praying.

wishing? hoping?;)

Prison Bitch
04-21-2013, 03:38 PM

Touche!

Frazod
04-21-2013, 05:06 PM

It's a MAGAZINE, goddammit, not a CLIP. :cuss:

:)

jjjayb
04-21-2013, 08:59 PM
thing.

You mean the thousands of cops that let him slip out of their perimeter? The thousands of cops that couldn't find the suspect? The homeowner found the suspect, not the cops. Thankfully the suspect hid in the homeowners boat rather than kicking his door in cause the cops were nowhere around. They were busy searching the wrong area.

mlyonsd
04-22-2013, 10:09 AM
You mean the thousands of cops that let him slip out of their perimeter? The thousands of cops that couldn't find the suspect? The homeowner found the suspect, not the cops. Thankfully the suspect hid in the homeowners boat rather than kicking his door in cause the cops were nowhere around. They were busy searching the wrong area.

Winner chicken dinner. Not even close./thread

WhawhaWhat
04-22-2013, 03:52 PM
It's a MAGAZINE, goddammit, not a CLIP. :cuss:

:)

Was Nate Dogg mistaken when he said he had 16 in the clip and 1 in the hole? Should he have said magazine?