PDA

View Full Version : How bad does it **** up traffic when the president is in town?

PunkinDrublic
04-24-2013, 08:49 PM
I live on the other side of 75 from SMU and tomorrow is the grand opening on dubyas presidential library. So not only is Obama in town but every single living ex president will be descending upon the neighborhood I live in. On the bright side I have a built in excuse to be late for work.

KC Tattoo
04-24-2013, 09:23 PM
This may get some traction in say..

~~DC land of the unholy

Bewbies
04-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Obama has come down to ATL, during rush hour, 2 or 3 times now. It's so bad traffic gets fucked 50 miles from where they have it blocked.

PunkinDrublic
04-24-2013, 09:26 PM
This may get some traction in say..

~~DC land of the unholy

Maybe but I've already wasted too much of my time here on earth reading through that sewer of a forum.

EagleRob
04-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Living in the National Capitol Region I can tell you it's a mess. Airports get shutdown and every road he travels and passes over/under are also closed to traffic while enroute. On-ramps/off-ramps closed. Lots of backups on side streets and access points from people unaware. If its well orchestrated, the State and Local police have been working out logistics and would have a closure plan published online somewhere.

Dave Lane
Agree totally on DC. And it is gonna be bad

Bugeater
Just call in sick.

EagleRob
04-24-2013, 09:35 PM
Just stay home and grease your tool thinking about Geno.

ChiefsNow
04-24-2013, 09:37 PM
Hang out on the grassy knoll

LiveSteam
04-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Agree totally on DC. And it is gonna be bad

So why do you spend so much time in there?

Stevie ray got your tongue o:-)

PunkinDrublic
04-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Just don't want the secret service searching my apartment and finding out what a fucking deviant I am.

SuperChief
04-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Obama going to Newwatertown again?

loochy
04-24-2013, 09:42 PM
Obama going to Newwatertown again?

no, he's in dallas for dubya's library opening

Stanley Nickels
04-24-2013, 09:48 PM
I would run for president, if only for the opportunity to bypass traffic forever.

hometeam
04-24-2013, 09:54 PM
he came from Columbia south down 54 to Jefferson City one time, had 54 backed up for hours :/

KCFaninSEA
04-24-2013, 09:58 PM
If you stay away from the route they will use during a 2 hour window you should be OK. Planning a little bit ahead and all the people who don't will get caught in it, you won't.

KC native
04-25-2013, 01:15 AM
If you stay away from the route they will use during a 2 hour window you should be OK. Planning a little bit ahead and all the people who don't will get caught in it, you won't.

You have no idea how stupid DFW drivers are. Traffic will be fucked anywhere near there all day.

-King-
04-25-2013, 01:25 AM
Step 1: Rent a black SUV
Step 2: Try to jump and fit into the motorcade
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit

Gonzo
04-25-2013, 04:57 AM
When GW came to Omaha a few years back the traffic was crazy. Every highway on the east end was shut down.

ChiefGator
04-25-2013, 05:28 AM
Obama has come down to ATL, during rush hour, 2 or 3 times now. It's so bad traffic gets ****ed 50 miles from where they have it blocked.

So.. standard Atlanta traffic problems then?

Braincase
04-25-2013, 05:47 AM
GWB's Presidential Library? Do you know if they've completed the rewrite of the History section yet?

theelusiveeightrop
04-25-2013, 06:21 AM
Do you own high powered rifles?

bevischief
04-25-2013, 06:43 AM
Bring a few books to read.

3rd&48ers
04-25-2013, 06:52 AM
I remember when OblahBlah was in Charleston WV when I was driving through... The traffic was horrible

Predarat
04-25-2013, 07:46 AM
It basicly shuts the whole town down. What a horrible, awful thing to have happen. This also happens when the VP, 1st lady ect comes to town.

Dayze
04-25-2013, 07:51 AM
pretty bad. but the good news is you'll get a free phone, and compensated for any used gas.

blaise
04-25-2013, 07:55 AM
I lived in DC and never noticed anything, but I don't know how much the President actually has to drive around DC. I had to wait to walk across a street once for about 10 minutes when Clinton's motorcade drove past.

Deberg_1990
04-25-2013, 07:56 AM
It basicly shuts the whole town down. What a horrible, awful thing to have happen. This also happens when the VP, 1st lady ect comes to town.

They say we dont live under a "Monarchy"....but POTUS's are treated every bit like Royalty. Its disgusts me somtimes the pedestal we place these people on.

Frazod
04-25-2013, 08:03 AM
Never have so many been inconvenienced by so few so that a handful of douchebags that largely despise each other can visit a brand new library named for another douchebag who, although he's a Yale graduate, can't pronounce the word "nuclear."

Seriously, just call off.

PhillyChiefFan
04-25-2013, 08:12 AM

Should be interesting if/when Obama comes to speak at Gettysburg's 150th anniversary then. I live about 15 miles from there.

A town of about 7500 people swells to oh bout 1.5 mil over night and the president will be in town??? Think I need to go on vacation....

Archie F. Swin
04-25-2013, 08:15 AM
SMU? So, Clark Hunt will be there?

Deberg_1990
04-25-2013, 08:16 AM
Never have so many been inconvenienced by so few so that a handful of douchebags that largely despise each other can visit a brand new library named for another douchebag who, although he's a Yale graduate, can't pronounce the word "nuclear."

Seriously, just call off.

:clap:

Dallas Chief
04-25-2013, 08:26 AM
You have no idea how stupid DFW drivers are. Traffic will be fucked anywhere near there all day.

GTFO then. We don't want want you here anyway...Darn messicans! :D

listopencil
04-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Why would W have a library? Did a bookmobile break down in Dallas?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-25-2013, 10:03 AM
Can't wait to visit the My Pet Goat wing.

loochy
04-25-2013, 10:24 AM

I know! Driving all slow in your dinged up 1989 ford aerostar with a "*****n" radio station sticker in the back window...

EDIT:
ROFL it auto corrected the name of the radio station:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-mwkoHFaJLos/Ts1kcbFPxDI/AAAAAAAAEWQ/qG585IId7WE/s1600/kqba.jpg

WhawhaWhat
04-25-2013, 10:25 AM

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1976/heyoo.jpg

BigCatDaddy
04-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Do Obama supporters have enough $ to own a car?

KC native
04-25-2013, 10:51 AM
I know! Driving all slow in your dinged up 1989 ford aerostar with a "*****n" radio station sticker in the back window...

Don't hate. Las tardes pesadas on 93.7 La Raza is fucking awesome. *hums tuba bass line*

KC native
04-25-2013, 10:58 AM

Unlike a good portion of my cousins, I drive like a bat out of hell.

fan4ever
04-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Unlike a good portion of my cousins, I drive like a bat out of hell.

Coyote or Drug Runner?

loochy
04-25-2013, 01:08 PM

every prez has one. this place is pretty elaborate and i'm looking forward to checking it out.

Amnorix
04-25-2013, 01:24 PM
I was at Philadelphia airport catching a flight back to Boston a year or two ago when we learned Obama was coming in on AF1. So the first thing we learn is that they shut down the entire airport when AF1 comes in. That means NOTHING moves. Every vehicle and plane MAY NOT MOVE when AF1 is coming in to land and remain stationary until the Prez is off airport property. No other plane can land or take off, or even be taxiing, from the time AF1 starts its approach until the President's motorcade is loaded and has left the airport.

So we watch AF1 land and that's cool and everything, and then all the passengers load up on our outbound flight. At this point, once they reopen the airport, there have been zero take-offs for like 45 minutes or whatever, and there is no queue to take off, but now EVERY plane that is trying to leave is trying to leave at the exact same time. Our pilot obviously knows this so as soon as he gets out of the gate he's taxiing like MARIO FUCKING ANDRETTI, bombing to get to wherever they go to get in line for takeoff. We were like 3rd in line. I was totally happy about it, but I'm not kidding when I tell you that I've never been in a plane on the ground that was moving and going around corners the way that plane was moving. Very surprising / hilarious / cool / slightly scary.

Donger
04-25-2013, 01:30 PM
I was at Philadelphia airport catching a flight back to Boston a year or two ago when we learned Obama was coming in on AF1. So the first thing we learn is that they shut down the entire airport when AF1 comes in. That means NOTHING moves. Every vehicle and plane MAY NOT MOVE when AF1 is coming in to land and remain stationary until the Prez is off airport property. No other plane can land or take off, or even be taxiing, from the time AF1 starts its approach until the President's motorcade is loaded and has left the airport.

So we watch AF1 land and that's cool and everything, and then all the passengers load up on our outbound flight. At this point, once they reopen the airport, there have been zero take-offs for like 45 minutes or whatever, and there is no queue to take off, but now EVERY plane that is trying to leave is trying to leave at the exact same time. Our pilot obviously knows this so as soon as he gets out of the gate he's taxiing like MARIO ****ING ANDRETTI, bombing to get to wherever they go to get in line for takeoff. We were like 3rd in line. I was totally happy about it, but I'm not kidding when I tell you that I've never been in a plane on the ground that was moving and going around corners the way that plane was moving. Very surprising / hilarious / cool / slightly scary.

I've got that beaten...

I was on plane leaving STL which was on the ramp about to turn onto the runway. The pilot came on and said the usual, "We next for departure. Flight attendants, prepare for departure" and hit the throttles. He then immediately slammed on the brakes about halfway through the turn. Experienced people all kind of looked around thinking "WTF was that!?" The pilot came on and said, "Folks, sorry about that, but we just were informed that AF1 is on final for our runway. If you look out the right side, you'll see her." I was on the left side, so I saw her touch down, REALLY close to where we were. It was pretty cool.

We took off about 10 minutes later and I saw two AH-1 helos on either side of the airport, which was nice.

Many years later (2010), I was driving on E-470 to Denver airport and AF1 went right over my head going into Buckley AFB (where POTUS always lands in Denver). I rolled down my window and flipped Obama off. I don't think he saw me.

KChiefer
04-25-2013, 02:20 PM
AF1 got stuck in the mud when Clinton came to speak here. They had to send another one to pick him up.

-King-
04-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Pic from the grand opening:

http://database.designinglibraries.org.uk/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=4264&g2_serialNumber=5

Dallas Chief
04-27-2013, 04:36 PM
every prez has one. this place is pretty elaborate and i'm looking forward to checking it out.

How did loochy get banned? He makes me laugh, especially his sigLMAO

loochy
04-29-2013, 11:55 AM
How did loochy get banned? He makes me laugh, especially his sigLMAO

im not banned silly!