PDA

View Full Version : Florida baby dies from whooping cough. Parents chose not to vaccinate

Deberg_1990
04-26-2013, 10:28 AM
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/baby-dies-whooping-cough-orange-co/nXXqP/

Orange County health officials said a baby died from whooping cough last Thursday.

This is the first whooping cough death the county has seen in decades. Officials said it's been at least 20 years or more since someone died of the disease.

Whooping cough, also called pertussis, and other diseases are making comebacks, because so many parents are deciding not to vaccinate their kids.

"It's really unfortunate. We're saddened to hear that an infant died of something like this," said Dain Weister with the Florida Department of Health in Orange County.

Officials said the family chose not to vaccinate their child. Some parents are choosing not to fully vaccinate their children because they worry there is a link between the vaccinations and autism.

"A lot of people may not know (that) even the person who did that study admitted that study was flawed," Weister said.

Health officials said that has caused vaccinations to drop and the number of cases of measles, pertussis and other preventable diseases to go up.

Last year, Orange County had one case of measles and 42 cases of pertussis. This year there have already been four cases of measles and 12 cases of pertussis.

WFTV spoke to parents at the Orange County Health Department who said they don't want to take any chances.

"I feel like it's important so they can stay healthy and get all the shots and care that they need," parent Shaneatria Jones said.

Health officials believe the baby that died caught whooping cough from an adult.

Now they're urging parents to have their kids immunized to prevent another whooping cough death.

Ebolapox
04-26-2013, 10:30 AM
wonder what the parents think about getting geno smith in the second round

durtyrute
04-26-2013, 10:31 AM
wonder what the parents think about getting geno smith in the second round

Maybe if he was vaccinated he would've been picked in the first.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Imagine that. Your child dies when you follow the medical advice of the airhead from Singled Out.

ReynardMuldrake
Negligent homicide.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Negligent homicide.

Totally agree.

Inmem58
04-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Maybe if he was vaccinated he would've been picked in the first.

Heard rumors that he didn't go in the 1st because he owns 2 pit bulls

Amnorix
There's been a massive outbreak of measles in Wales. IMHO the publisher of that pathetic and inaccurate "research" suggesting a link between the MMR vaccine and autism is directly responsible and it's unfortunate he can't be punished appropriately.

We're going to see a comeback of numerous diseases that were nearly wiped out because of this insanity. All for no benefit. And some will have been innoculated, but being especially vulnerable (the very young, very old, or those whom the vaccine wasn't completely effective for) will get sick, and some may die, due to the reduction in herd immunity.

The ultimate in stupidity.

Pestilence
Negligent homicide.

This.

KC Tattoo
04-26-2013, 10:36 AM
I bet they wish they vaccinated the kid now.

J Diddy
04-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Negligent homicide.

Hopefully they are charged with it as a freaking example.

carlos3652
04-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Negligent homicide.

Because losing your infant child is not enough punishment?

Not vaccinating your kids for this isn't against the law, right?

Bump
04-26-2013, 10:45 AM
so the parents should be put in prison for not vaccinating?

NO, **** that.

It's not like they just tried to pray their woes away.

what are we missing from this story? Did the parents take the kid to the hospital/doctor once he became ill?

Donger
04-26-2013, 10:47 AM
Well, at least he didn't develop autism.

/kooks

KC Tattoo
04-26-2013, 10:49 AM
The parents thought it would give their kid autism if they vaccinated the child. That was why they didn't want to vaccinate. Poor medical advice given to the parents of what they should do.

WhawhaWhat
Sterilization should be included in the punishment.

J Diddy

It should be. The reason the kid is dead is because the kooks didn't vaccinate. They were negligent which lead to the demise of the infant. Negligible homicide.

They might feel bad, but that baby feels nothing. No breaths, no dreams, no first kisses, no graduations, no love....Nothing.

-King-
04-26-2013, 10:50 AM
It should be. The reason the kid is dead is because the kooks didn't vaccinate. They were negligent which lead to the demise of the infant. Negligible homicide.

They might feel bad, but that baby feels nothing. No breaths, no dreams, no first kisses, no graduations, no love....Nothing.

THIS!
Posted via Mobile Device

Just Passin' By
04-26-2013, 10:51 AM
And the Nazi idiots come out in force.

Donger
04-26-2013, 10:51 AM
It should be.

You think that it should be illegal to not vaccinate?

kepp
04-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Death from whopping cough is not an easy way to go, either. Poor thing.

ReynardMuldrake

If it endangers the public welfare, yes.

J Diddy
The parents thought it would give their kid autism if they vaccinated the child. That was why they didn't want to vaccinate. Poor medical advice given to the parents of what they should do.

We all knew why they didn't vaccinate and I am almost positive that the "medical advice" given was not by a doctor. Hell the ingredient containing mercury has been removed since 2001 and study after study has shown there is no causal link.

For fuck sake, when I googled vaccine and autism, the first thing that popped up is a damned vaccine to prevent autism.

J Diddy
04-26-2013, 10:55 AM

You are damned right.

loochy
04-26-2013, 10:55 AM
this is just as bad as the people that thought their child would be cured of cancer from prayer alone

Donger
04-26-2013, 10:56 AM
If it endangers the public welfare, yes.

That's a good point. But what about vaccines for diseases which aren't readily transmittable?

LiveSteam
04-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Do as your told,or go to jail. ya team

J Diddy
04-26-2013, 10:58 AM
That's a good point. But what about vaccines for diseases which aren't readily transmittable?

and those are?

J Diddy
04-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Do as your told,let your children and potentially others needlessly die painfullyor go to jail. ya team

FYP

KC Tattoo
04-26-2013, 10:59 AM
We all knew why they didn't vaccinate and I am almost positive that the "medical advice" given was not by a doctor. Hell the ingredient containing mercury has been removed since 2001 and study after study has shown there is no causal link.

For **** sake, when I googled vaccine and autism, the first thing that popped up is a damned vaccine to prevent autism.

I'd call them ignorant parents.

MagicHef
04-26-2013, 11:01 AM
In 2012, 166 people were reported to have died shortly after receiving vaccines. 72 were under 5 years old. It is thought that the majority of such incidents are never reported.

Bacon Cheeseburger
I'm just going to sit back and wait for BIG DADDY'S take on this situation.

ReynardMuldrake

I'm speaking to preventable communicable diseases such as MMR. I don't think it's OK to have a child out there spreading disease because you have an objection to vaccination as a concept.

Donger
04-26-2013, 11:02 AM
and those are?

Perhaps HPV?

LiveSteam
04-26-2013, 11:03 AM
My mom still ties my shoes for me

FYP

Donger
04-26-2013, 11:03 AM
I'm speaking to preventable communicable diseases such as MMR. I don't think it's OK to have a child out there spreading disease because you have an objection to vaccination as a concept.

How about just the regular flu shot?

ReynardMuldrake
04-26-2013, 11:04 AM
In 2012, 166 people were reported to have died shortly after receiving vaccines. 72 were under 5 years old. It is thought that the majority of such incidents are never reported.

Reported by whom? Source?

MagicHef
04-26-2013, 11:05 AM
Reported by whom? Source?

vaers.gov

MahiMike
04-26-2013, 11:06 AM

:eek:

J Diddy
04-26-2013, 11:07 AM
Perhaps HPV?

Still a readily spreadable disease, unless you don't plan on people ever having sex.

Ebolapox
vaers.gov

wrong

http://vaers.hhs.gov/index

ReynardMuldrake
How about just the regular flu shot?

Influenza is not generally going to be fatal, so I think parents should have a little bit of leeway there.

Diseases that kill children, smallpox, whooping cough, measles, etc. Yes I believe they should be required by law.

J Diddy
04-26-2013, 11:08 AM
FYP

Yeah that's pretty stupid.

You should search for a legitimate point.

Ebolapox
wrong

Guide to Interpreting VAERS Case Report Information
When evaluating data from VAERS, it is important to note that for any reported event, no cause-and-effect relationship has been established. Reports of all possible associations between vaccines and adverse events (possible side effects) are filed in VAERS. Therefore, VAERS collects data on any adverse event following vaccination, be it coincidental or truly caused by a vaccine. The report of an adverse event to VAERS is not documentation that a vaccine caused the event.

VAERS data contains coincidental events and those truly caused by vaccines.
More than 10 million vaccines per year are given to children less than 1 year old, usually between 2 and 6 months of age. At this age, infants are at greatest risk for certain medical adverse events, including high fevers, seizures, and sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Some infants will experience these medical events shortly after a vaccination by coincidence.
These coincidences make it difficult to know whether a particular adverse event resulted from a medical condition or from a vaccination. Therefore, vaccine providers are encouraged to report all adverse events following vaccination, whether or not they believe the vaccination was the cause.

Please read the following statement on the limits of VAERS data. You MUST click on the box below to access the VAERS database.
When reviewing data from VAERS, please keep in mind the following limitations:

VAERS is a passive reporting system, meaning that reports about adverse events are not automatically collected, but require a report to be filed to VAERS. VAERS reports can be submitted voluntarily by anyone, including healthcare providers, patients, or family members. Reports vary in quality and completeness. They often lack details and sometimes can have information that contains errors.

"Underreporting" is one of the main limitations of passive surveillance systems, including VAERS. The term, underreporting refers to the fact that VAERS receives reports for only a small fraction of actual adverse events. The degree of underreporting varies widely. As an example, a great many of the millions of vaccinations administered each year by injection cause soreness, but relatively few of these episodes lead to a VAERS report. Physicians and patients understand that minor side effects of vaccinations often include this kind of discomfort, as well as low fevers. On the other hand, more serious and unexpected medical events are probably more likely to be reported than minor ones, especially when they occur soon after vaccination, even if they may be coincidental and related to other causes.

A report to VAERS generally does not prove that the identified vaccine(s) caused the adverse event described. It only confirms that the reported event occurred sometime after vaccine was given. No proof that the event was caused by the vaccine is required in order for VAERS to accept the report. VAERS accepts all reports without judging whether the event was caused by the vaccine.

DISCLAIMER: Please note that VAERS staff follow-up on all serious and other selected adverse event reports to obtain additional medical, laboratory, and/or autopsy records to help understand the concern raised. However, in general coding terms in VAERS do not change based on the information received during the follow-up process. VAERS data should be used with caution as numbers and conditions do not reflect data collected during follow-up. Note that the inclusion of events in VAERS data does not infer causality.

For more information, please call the VAERS Information Line toll-free at (800) 822-7967 or e-mail to info@vaers.org.

Donger
Influenza is not generally going to be fatal, so I think parents should have a little bit of leeway there.

Diseases that kill children, smallpox, whooping cough, measles, etc. Yes I believe they should be required by law.

I'm pretty sure that influenza kills lots of people, including kids, every year.

J Diddy
04-26-2013, 11:09 AM
wrong

well hell where's the data at?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2013, 11:09 AM

And if I get a tetanus shot and then get T-boned by a True Fan who is celebrating another top 5 lineman, did I also not die shortly after receiving a vaccine?

JoeyChuckles
04-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Negligent homicide.

False.

I understand where you are coming from, but I disagree. Where do you draw the line? If a kid is killed while walking home from school, that would also be negligent homicide on the parents behalf?

Ebolapox
04-26-2013, 11:11 AM
well hell where's the data at?

http://vaers.hhs.gov/data/data

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2013, 11:12 AM
False.

I understand where you are coming from, but I disagree. Where do you draw the line? If a kid is killed while walking home from school, that would also be negligent homicide on the parents behalf?

Jesus Christ.

Reading through this thread I'm thinking it's negligent that many of the posters weren't killed.

J Diddy
04-26-2013, 11:13 AM
False.

It depends entirely on the circumstance. If you refused to arrange a ride for you child after repeatedly being warned of the very, real and likely chance that your child would be hit crossing that road and that it was against policy for him to do so and ignored those warnings and put your child in harms way just for the sake of it. Fuck yes.

LiveSteam
04-26-2013, 11:14 AM
It depends entirely on the circumstance. If you refused to arrange a ride for you child after repeatedly being warned of the very, real and likely chance that your child would be hit crossing that road and that it was against policy for him to do so and ignored those warnings and put your child in harms way just for the sake of it. Fuck yes.

:LOL:

KILLER_CLOWN
04-26-2013, 11:15 AM
So many internet heroes, so little time.

J Diddy
04-26-2013, 11:19 AM
:LOL:

I see you're still having some problems ascertaining that legitimate point.

That is unless you think your smiley war is a legitimate point, in which case I apologize and understand.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-26-2013, 11:20 AM
If only the nanny state were bigger we could have prevented this.

LiveSteam
04-26-2013, 11:21 AM
I see you're still having some problems ascertaining that legitimate point.

That is unless you think your smiley war is a legitimate point, in which case I apologize and understand.

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/dildo_86de9c_2539997.gif

Donger
04-26-2013, 11:21 AM
Seems the mods are fine with vaccinations...

durtyrute
04-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Why is it that these stories become headlines, but you never hear about the millions of people who weren't vaccinated and are fine.

MagicHef
04-26-2013, 11:25 AM
And if I get a tetanus shot and then get T-boned by a True Fan who is celebrating another top 5 lineman, did I also not die shortly after receiving a vaccine?

Sure.

Here's a couple of the descriptions, so far I haven't seen any car accidents:

6 months- Infant developed very high fever (sepsis ruled out) hours after vaccine. Despite maximal medical support, infant died. No explanation for fever could be found.

2 months- Jan 20 2011 5 pm Call from hosp/med ctr. Mother accompanied infant to ER. Resp difficulty infant had cardiac arrest. Expired. Infant had been sleeping in parent bed with his father.

2 months- Lazy, limp, screaming, inconsolable, couldn't hold himself up on his legs, hung his head and could hold it up for a few seconds like he could before, wouldn't eat much, tried but cried instead.

2 months- Within hours of vaccination (night of vaccination day) infant became febrile. At approximately 2:00AM on 1/26/2012, he was taken to hospital because of breathing difficulty. Infant was resuscitated at hospital but expired on 1/27/2012.

4 months- Baby found dead by mother.

13 months- Patient found unresponsive by babysitter. EMS called to scene. Patient transported to ER at Medical Center. Time of death noted to be 20:48 on 2/8/12 by ER.

2 months- Patient at daycare, took nap at 12 Noon still sleeping at 2pm; found blue and unresponsive at 3pm.

4 months- Patient received her 4 month vaccines (PENTACEL - (DTaP-Hib-IPV), PREVNAR 13 (pneumococcal 13 Conj) and Rotavirus oral vaccine) on 1/12/12 around 12 noon. On 1/13/12 at 1022 our office received a call from Dad stating patient stopped breathing at daycare, 911 called. At 1652 on 1/13/12 the coroner called to report her death.

4 months- Onset of fever; fever never went away.

14 months- Per parent, patient acting appropriately yesterday afternoon and last night - playful. Parent woke up around 4:15 am and child not breathing

There are many, many more.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Why is it that these stories become headlines, but you never hear about the millions of people who weren't vaccinated and are fine.

Liberals need a way to vent too, otherwise the mental institutions would fill up too quickly?

durtyrute
04-26-2013, 11:27 AM
Liberals need a way to vent too, otherwise the mental institutions would fill up too quickly?

That's a possibility

ReynardMuldrake
04-26-2013, 11:38 AM
False.

You can be prosecuted for knowingly exposing someone to AIDS. How is this any different?

Pitt Gorilla
04-26-2013, 11:41 AM
There's been a massive outbreak of measles in Wales. IMHO the publisher of that pathetic and inaccurate "research" suggesting a link between the MMR vaccine and autism is directly responsible and it's unfortunate he can't be punished appropriately.

We're going to see a comeback of numerous diseases that were nearly wiped out because of this insanity. All for no benefit. And some will have been innoculated, but being especially vulnerable (the very young, very old, or those whom the vaccine wasn't completely effective for) will get sick, and some may die, due to the reduction in herd immunity.

The ultimate in stupidity.The fault still remains with the parents. That was a single study that went against a multitude of evidence to the contrary. They may be responsible, but people can still choose to not be stupid.

Pitt Gorilla
04-26-2013, 11:43 AM
In 2012, 166 people were reported to have died shortly after receiving vaccines. 72 were under 5 years old. It is thought that the majority of such incidents are never reported.Citation?

KILLER_CLOWN
04-26-2013, 11:46 AM
“Police State” Registry System Being Set Up to Track Your Vaccination Status

Jeffry John Aufderheide
Activist Post

The Centers for Disease Control has been quietly rolling out a nationwide program called the Immunization Information Systems (IIS), registering your vaccine information into a database. [1] This effort has been run in parallel with state vaccine registry implementations.

What is the intention of such programs?

My colleague Leslie Manookian, writer and director of the movie The Greater Good, wrote in a recent article, the “CDC has openly stated that vaccine registries are a tool to identify areas of ‘undervaccination’ so that they can be ‘addressed’ and brought into ‘compliance.’” [2]

I would also add to Leslie’s statement that since the government purchases a large bulk of the vaccines (for example, the Vaccines for Children program), it is in their financial interest to make sure vaccines are consumed regularly.

If you exempt your child from being vaccinated, your refusal is also being tracked and put into the database. If you want to know why this is a big deal, read on.

But first, what does tracking every vaccine you or your children have ever been injected with look like?

Big Plans for You

I want to make this very real for you.

The government collects information on who vaccinates their children and who does not. They know how many children have had their vaccines. They also know how many children have opted out of being vaccinated. They have the data.

The government has big plans and the most outrageous part about this entire scheme is you don’t have a choice – your data is entered. In order to accomplish this task we have to answer 3 basic questions.

What data is being tracked?
Who has access to the tracked data?
What will be done with this data?

Let’s start with the first question of what is being tracked.

Question #1: What Data is Being Tracked?

You’ll be surprised at how much data is being tracked. Some of the data is required while other data sets are optional. Rest assured, what is optional today can become required in short order.

According to the Immunization Information System Functional Standards, 2013 – 2017, the following information will be in their databases: [3]

REQUIRED: Patient name: first, middle, last
Optional: Patient alias name: first, middle, last
Optional: Patient address, phone number
Optional: Birthing facility
Optional: Patient Social Security number (SSN)
REQUIRED: Patient birth date
REQUIRED: Patient sex
REQUIRED: Patient race
REQUIRED: Patient ethnicity
Optional: Patient Primary language
REQUIRED: Patient birth order
Optional: Patient birth registration number
REQUIRED: Patient birth State/country
Optional: Patient Medicaid number Optional
REQUIRED: Mother’s name: First, middle, last, maiden
Optional: Mother’s SSN
Optional: Father’s name: first, middle, last
Optional: Father’s SSN
REQUIRED: Vaccine Type
REQUIRED: Vaccine Manufacturer
Optional: Vaccine dose number
Optional: Vaccine expiration date
Optional: Vaccine injection site
REQUIRED: Vaccination date
REQUIRED: Vaccine lot number
Optional: Vaccine provider

Do you trust anyone with your personal information? This leads us to the next question …

Question #2: Who Has Access to the Tracked Data?

This is where the language should have you a little concerned because it is extremely vague.

According to the Immunization Information System documentation, data can be provided to “healthcare providers, public health, and other authorized stakeholders.”

It goes on to say schools, child care, and child camps may also have access to the records.

One of the major areas the lawmakers neglected to mention was the power granted to your employer. Consider the fact this past year nurses were actually being fired for not having their flu shot, as reported by Natural News. [4] Imagine if the proper pressure were applied to businesses to meet a government mandate. They would be given access to these records. It’s something for you to chew on.

That brings us to our last question…

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sWtcjUTTct4/UXqiMjd5laI/AAAAAAAAN3E/6ff3CnDadv8/s400/download.png
A snapshot from the Centers for Disease Control Immunization Information Systems data flow

Question #3: What Will Be Done with This Data?

The Centers for Disease Control’s goal is to get 95% or greater vaccine compliance. How is this accomplished?

In the short term, if your child is not vaccinated or is behind schedule, expect phone calls, emails, and personal visits from local health authorities. One function of the CDC’s Immunization Information System is to “forecast” vaccines due, past due, or coming due.

When these tactics don’t work or are ignored, expect more a more confrontational strategy. Keep in mind what happened on Christmas Eve 2009.

The U.S. Senate passed H.R. 3590. The bill eventually became Public Law No. 111-148, which gives the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) authorization to create “vaccination squads” in local communities and seek out unvaccinated children. The “vaccine squads” are called the Community Preventive Services Task Force. [5]

Not only will the Task Force be working with the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, but on page 1202 of that law, the most relevant responsibilities are listed as:

(D) carrying out immunization-promoting strategies for participants or clients of public programs, including assessments of immunization status, referrals to health care providers, education, provision [provide] of on-site immunizations, or incentives for immunization;
(E) providing for home visits that promote immunization through education, assessments of need, referrals, provision of immunizations, or other services;
(F) providing reminders or recalls for immunization providers;
(G) conducting assessments of, and providing feedback to, immunization providers;
(H) any combination of one or more interventions described in this paragraph; or
(I) immunization information systems to allow all States to have electronic databases for immunization records.

Conclusion

The Public Law exclusively states exactly where the data will come from – the Immunization Information Systems. Can you imagine police or sheriffs escorting the vaccine squad(s) for “non-compliant” parents?

At this point, I really can’t put it past them.

Consequently, once this system is completely operational, the sky is the limit. Big Brother has the capability to track more than just vaccines. You can anticipate finding just about any pharmaceutical drug mandated by the government in this same system.

The question then becomes, who influences the government agencies mandating vaccines?

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. – Lord Acton

References:

1. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/about.html
2. http://www.greatergoodmovie.org/news-views/vaccine-registries-whats-all-the-fuss/
3. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/func-stds.pdf
4. http://www.naturalnews.com/037544_healthcare_workers_flu_shots_colorado.html
5. http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-111publ148/pdf/PLAW-111publ148.pdf

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/04/police-state-registry-system-being-set.html

Problem, reaction, solution.

MagicHef
04-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Citation?

vaers.hhs.gov

mikey23545
04-26-2013, 11:51 AM
So if 10 million received vaccinations, and a whopping 166 died, you consider that proof of the harmful effects of vaccinations, huh?

How many had consumed water within a 24 hour period prior to their deaths?

Could we be on the trail of a dead kid/water connection?!??!??!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Sure.

Here's a couple of the descriptions, so far I haven't seen any car accidents:

6 months- Infant developed very high fever (sepsis ruled out) hours after vaccine. Despite maximal medical support, infant died. No explanation for fever could be found.

2 months- Jan 20 2011 5 pm Call from hosp/med ctr. Mother accompanied infant to ER. Resp difficulty infant had cardiac arrest. Expired. Infant had been sleeping in parent bed with his father.

2 months- Lazy, limp, screaming, inconsolable, couldn't hold himself up on his legs, hung his head and could hold it up for a few seconds like he could before, wouldn't eat much, tried but cried instead.

2 months- Within hours of vaccination (night of vaccination day) infant became febrile. At approximately 2:00AM on 1/26/2012, he was taken to hospital because of breathing difficulty. Infant was resuscitated at hospital but expired on 1/27/2012.

4 months- Baby found dead by mother.

13 months- Patient found unresponsive by babysitter. EMS called to scene. Patient transported to ER at Medical Center. Time of death noted to be 20:48 on 2/8/12 by ER.

2 months- Patient at daycare, took nap at 12 Noon still sleeping at 2pm; found blue and unresponsive at 3pm.

4 months- Patient received her 4 month vaccines (PENTACEL - (DTaP-Hib-IPV), PREVNAR 13 (pneumococcal 13 Conj) and Rotavirus oral vaccine) on 1/12/12 around 12 noon. On 1/13/12 at 1022 our office received a call from Dad stating patient stopped breathing at daycare, 911 called. At 1652 on 1/13/12 the coroner called to report her death.

4 months- Onset of fever; fever never went away.

14 months- Per parent, patient acting appropriately yesterday afternoon and last night - playful. Parent woke up around 4:15 am and child not breathing

There are many, many more.

You realize that you haven't provided a single causal link between the vaccines and these deaths, right?

KILLER_CLOWN
04-26-2013, 12:03 PM
You realize that you haven't provided a single causal link between the vaccines and these deaths, right?

Maybe because the cause of death is always brushed aside to protect vaccines?

MagicHef
04-26-2013, 12:12 PM
So if 10 million received vaccinations, and a whopping 166 died, you consider that proof of the harmful effects of vaccinations, huh?

How many had consumed water within a 24 hour period prior to their deaths?

Could we be on the trail of a dead kid/water connection?!??!??!!

166 deaths along with 26,771 reported adverse reactions in 2012. Some reactions are minor, some are life threatening, but the patient ends up surviving. Some actually give the patient the disease they are supposed to be vaccinated against.

MagicHef
04-26-2013, 12:13 PM

Sure.

cosmo20002
04-26-2013, 12:39 PM
False.

Is this for serious?

Pitt Gorilla
04-26-2013, 12:45 PM
Is this for serious?No. Nobody is that stupid.

MagicHef
04-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Here's a published paper on vaccines and infant mortality:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3170075/

Some quotes from the above paper:

"Fine and Chen reported that babies died at a rate nearly eight times greater than normal within 3 days of getting a DPT vaccination."

"However, in a clinical study that evaluated the safety of the Rotarix vaccine, vaccinated babies died at a higher rate than non-vaccinated babies."

cosmo20002
04-26-2013, 12:53 PM
“Police State” Registry System Being Set Up to Track Your Vaccination Status

The Centers for Disease Control has been quietly rolling out a nationwide program called the Immunization Information Systems (IIS), registering your vaccine information into a database. [1] This effort has been run in parallel with state vaccine registry implementations.

According to the Immunization Information System Functional Standards, 2013 – 2017, the following information will be in their databases: [3]

REQUIRED: Patient name: first, middle, last
Optional: Patient alias name: first, middle, last
Optional: Patient address, phone number
Optional: Birthing facility
Optional: Patient Social Security number (SSN)
REQUIRED: Patient birth date
REQUIRED: Patient sex
REQUIRED: Patient race
REQUIRED: Patient ethnicity
Optional: Patient Primary language
REQUIRED: Patient birth order
Optional: Patient birth registration number
REQUIRED: Patient birth State/country
Optional: Patient Medicaid number Optional
REQUIRED: Mother’s name: First, middle, last, maiden
Optional: Mother’s SSN
Optional: Father’s name: first, middle, last
Optional: Father’s SSN
REQUIRED: Vaccine Type
REQUIRED: Vaccine Manufacturer
Optional: Vaccine dose number
Optional: Vaccine expiration date
Optional: Vaccine injection site
REQUIRED: Vaccination date
REQUIRED: Vaccine lot number
Optional: Vaccine provider

I certainly do not want the government to have my social security number! Oh, its optional--never mind.

MagicHef
04-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Uh, replace the smiley with the letters n l m

jspchief
04-26-2013, 03:34 PM
The parents succeeded in preventing their child from being autistic. Scoreboard.

Swanman
04-29-2013, 02:03 PM
Our pediatrician said diseases like diptheria were coming back in some states because of people refusing vaccinations after the bogus study was released.

This is possibly the best episode of Penn and Teller's show "Bullshit". NSFW language.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b0IvM8c-Pew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

alnorth
04-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Maybe because the cause of death is always brushed aside to protect vaccines?

Alternative theory: you are a paranoid moron.

Cephalic Trauma
04-29-2013, 04:04 PM

This.

Absolutely this.

Because there is an inherent amount of uncertainty with almost any medical decision, you open the floor to kooks who think their opinion without data should be considered legitimate.

Cephalic Trauma
04-29-2013, 04:06 PM

:toast:

Ebolapox
04-29-2013, 04:26 PM

that would be a PERFECT use of the 'null hypothesis'

:)

LOVE it when I get to use sciency jokes

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-29-2013, 11:02 PM
"However, in a clinical study that evaluated the safety of the Rotarix vaccine, vaccinated babies died at a higher rate than non-vaccinated babies."

The vaccine that saves almost a quarter of a million lives per year? That one?

What is a higher rate, BTW?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-29-2013, 11:09 PM
Uh, replace the smiley with the letters n l m

Funny how you didn't link this part of the study: a correction that wasn't initially disclosed, but was after the fact:

Abstract

Corrigendum to 'Infant mortality rates regressed against number of vaccine doses routinely given: Is there a biochemical or synergistic toxicity?' By Neil Z Miller and Gary S Goldman, Human and Experimental Toxicology, published online before print May 4, 2011, doi: 10.1177/0960327111407644, and also in this issue, 30: 1420-1428. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3170075/)
The following declarations should have been made upon publication of this paper. The Authors apologise for this error.

Affiliations
The Authors’ affiliations were published as:

Neil Z Miller, Independent researcher, Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA Gary S Goldman, Independent computer scientist, Pearblossom, California, USA

However, for the purposes of this publication the correct affiliations are as follows:

Neil Z Miller, Think Twice Global Vaccine Institute, USA Gary S Goldman, Computer scientist, Pearblossom, California, USA

Declaration of Conflict of Interest

No declaration of Conflict of Interest was made at the time of submission. The Authors would like to make the following declaration at this time:
Neil Z Miller is associated with the ‘Think Twice Global Vaccine Institute’. Gary S Goldman has not been associated with the ‘World Association for Vaccine Education’ (WAVE) for more than four years but was, at the time of publication of the article, still listed as a Director for it on the WAVE website.

Funding

The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) donated $2,500 and Michael Belkin made a personal donation of $500 in memory of his daughter Lyla towards the SAGE Choice Open Access fee for this article.

I just want to restate that again:

The guy who said he was an independent researcher actually works for an anti-vaccine advocacy group and didn't disclose the fact that he did so upon your linked publication.

MagicHef
04-30-2013, 08:20 AM
The vaccine that saves almost a quarter of a million lives per year? That one?

What is a higher rate, BTW?

According to the study GlaxoSmithKline did with 71,209 participants, 0.19% of infants that received the vaccine died within 31 days. 0.15% of those that did not receive the vaccine died. Deaths from pneumonia almost doubled (0.052% vs 0.029%).

MagicHef
04-30-2013, 08:27 AM
I just want to restate that again:

The guy who said he was an independent researcher actually works for an anti-vaccine advocacy group and didn't disclose the fact that he did so upon your linked publication.

Was it stupid of him to not disclose his real job?

Of course.

Does it change the fact that in developed countries there is a positive correlation between the number of injections on the vaccine schedule and the infant mortality rate of that country?

No.

Fish
04-30-2013, 08:53 AM
According to the study GlaxoSmithKline did with 71,209 participants, 0.19% of infants that received the vaccine died within 31 days. 0.15% of those that did not receive the vaccine died. Deaths from pneumonia almost doubled (0.052% vs 0.029%).

Out of 71,209 participants, 135 infants who took the vaccine died. 106 infants who didn't take the vaccine died. There was only a 28 infant difference between deaths of those who took the vaccine, and those who didn't take the vaccine.

And you think that's significant? Infant deaths are certainly unfortunate. But that shows absolutely nothing. Certainly no casual relationship.

Considering the overwhelmingly beneficial effects of vaccines, those numbers support the safety of vaccines.

trang1980
04-30-2013, 08:57 AM
Chúc diển đàn ngày càng lớn mạnh ............................

MagicHef
04-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Out of 71,209 participants, 135 infants who took the vaccine died. 106 infants who didn't take the vaccine died. There was only a 28 infant difference between deaths of those who took the vaccine, and those who didn't take the vaccine.

And you think that's significant? Infant deaths are certainly unfortunate. But that shows absolutely nothing. Certainly no casual relationship.

Considering the overwhelmingly beneficial effects of vaccines, those numbers support the safety of vaccines.

There were 3,999,386 babies born in the US in 2010. The increase from 0.15% to 0.19% would result in 7,599 deaths rather than 5,999, an extra 1600 deaths per year. Before the vaccines were introduced, Rotavirus killed an average of 37 people in the US per year.

It should also be noted that the study only followed children after one dose, Rotarix has 2 doses and RotaTeq has 3.

Fish
04-30-2013, 09:49 AM
There were 3,999,386 babies born in the US in 2010. The increase from 0.15% to 0.19% would result in 7,599 deaths rather than 5,999, an extra 1600 deaths per year. Before the vaccines were introduced, Rotavirus killed an average of 37 people in the US per year.

It should also be noted that the study only followed children after one dose, Rotarix has 2 doses and RotaTeq has 3.

You cannot contribute the additional ~1600 deaths to vaccines. Because no casual link exists to do so. And even if you could, those numbers are still insignificant overall.

As for the Rotavirus numbers, that needs a little explanation. Rotavirus only kills a small fraction of those infected with it. But hospitalizations for it in the US were dramatically higher. And US deaths would be much higher were it not for our advanced medical technology. Technology that isn't available in other countries. Countries without vaccines or adequate health care still see way too many Rotavirus deaths.

Each year, rotavirus illness is responsible an estimated 453,000 deaths among infants around the world. Before the introduction of a rotavirus vaccine, rotavirus illness caused in an estimated 55,000 to 70,000 hospitalizations and dozens of deaths in the United States each year.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/vaccines/rotavsb.html

MagicHef
04-30-2013, 10:20 AM
You cannot contribute the additional ~1600 deaths to vaccines. Because no casual link exists to do so. And even if you could, those numbers are still insignificant overall.

As for the Rotavirus numbers, that needs a little explanation. Rotavirus only kills a small fraction of those infected with it. But hospitalizations for it in the US were dramatically higher. And US deaths would be much higher were it not for our advanced medical technology. Technology that isn't available in other countries. Countries without vaccines or adequate health care still see way too many Rotavirus deaths.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/vaccines/rotavsb.html

Yes, let's discard all test data if we don't have a confirmed causal link.

Rotavirus does kill many people in areas with poor healthcare. Maybe we should use the vaccines in those places rather than here, where it hardly kills anyone.

Fish
04-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Yes, let's discard all test data if we don't have a confirmed causal link.

Rotavirus does kill many people in areas with poor healthcare. Maybe we should use the vaccines in those places rather than here, where it hardly kills anyone.

LOL... no, I'm not saying discard test data. On the contrary. I'm saying don't assign a casual link where there is no proof of one. That's not discarding the data in the slightest. That's analyzing the test data, and finding no causal link.

Feel free to use all the data, and show a causal link if you find one. So far nothing that you've offered has shown it.

And yes, I would encourage using vaccines in those other countries. But what you're missing, is that fatalities are so low in the US because of the vaccines. You're trying to use the success of Rotavirus vaccines in the US, to say we don't need the vaccine in the US. But that's just stupid illogical. If we didn't use the vaccine, the US would be as bad as the rest of the world.

MagicHef
04-30-2013, 11:46 AM
LOL... no, I'm not saying discard test data. On the contrary. I'm saying don't assign a casual link where there is no proof of one. That's not discarding the data in the slightest. That's analyzing the test data, and finding no causal link.

Feel free to use all the data, and show a causal link if you find one. So far nothing that you've offered has shown it.

And yes, I would encourage using vaccines in those other countries. But what you're missing, is that fatalities are so low in the US because of the vaccines. You're trying to use the success of Rotavirus vaccines in the US, to say we don't need the vaccine in the US. But that's just stupid illogical. If we didn't use the vaccine, the US would be as bad as the rest of the world.

Success of the Rotavirus vaccine in the US? You must have missed that the 37 deaths per year was BEFORE the vaccine was developed. You're trying to assign that low death rate to the vaccine?

Fish
04-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Success of the Rotavirus vaccine in the US? You must have missed that the 37 deaths per year was BEFORE the vaccine was developed. You're trying to assign that low death rate to the vaccine?

:facepalm:

As I already said, the somewhat low fatalities prior to the vaccine were due to our advanced US medical technology, which is not available to the majority of the world. The symptoms are diarrhea and dehydration, which are infinitely less life threatening when good health care is readily available. But make no mistake, the Rotavirus has been nearly eradicated in the US, saving untold millions in health care costs alone. In the rest of the world, where health care isn't readily available and the vaccine is not available, Rotavirus still kills almost half a million infants a year.

A vaccine against rotavirus, an infectious disease that causes potentially deadly diarrhea in infants, has led to a remarkable drop in hospitalizations and visits to the emergency room, researchers say.

Since it was introduced two years ago, the RotaTeq vaccine has cut the number of new rotavirus cases by 66% to 100%, according to a number of studies.

There's even evidence the vaccine reduced spread of the infectious disease to children who were not immunized, the researchers say.

The findings were presented at a joint meeting of the American Society for Microbiology and the Infectious Diseases Society of America.

"The success of the rotavirus vaccine is a major theme of this meeting," says meeting co-chairman Michael Scheld, MD, of the University of Virginia School of Medicine in Charlottesville.

Rotavirus' Grim Toll

Prior to introduction of the vaccine, rotavirus took a grim toll in both industrialized and developing nations, researchers say. Among some of the statistics cited:

No. 1 cause of diarrhea-related hospitalizations and deaths in babies and young children
Responsible for about 400,000 physician visits, more than 200,000 emergency room visits, up to 70,000 hospital admissions, and 60 deaths every year in the U.S. alone
Causes 2 million hospitalizations worldwide annually
Blamed for nearly half a million deaths annually in children under 5 years.

A CDC study showed that the number of confirmed cases of rotavirus plummeted more than 80% in the 2007-2008 season, compared with the previous two years.
At the University of Massachusetts Medical School in Worcester, there was a "dramatic decrease" in rotavirus cases, from 65 cases per year before RotaTeq came on the market to 37 cases in 2007, according to researcher Steven Hatch, MD. This year, the figure fell to three, he tells WebMD.
Researchers at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Mo., report that only 62 children were admitted for rotavirus infections in 2008, compared with more than 300 annually the previous four years.
In North Philadelphia, rotavirus-associated hospitalizations among infants aged 6 to 11 months dropped 94% since rotavirus vaccinations began in 2006, says Irini Daskalaki, MD, of Drexel University College of Medicine.

http://children.webmd.com/vaccines/news/20081027/rotavirus-vaccine-a-success-story

MagicHef
04-30-2013, 12:44 PM
:facepalm:

As I already said, the somewhat low fatalities prior to the vaccine were due to our advanced US medical technology, which is not available to the majority of the world. The symptoms are diarrhea and dehydration, which are infinitely less life threatening when good health care is readily available. But make no mistake, the Rotavirus has been nearly eradicated in the US, saving untold millions in health care costs alone. In the rest of the world, where health care isn't readily available and the vaccine is not available, Rotavirus still kills almost half a million infants a year.

I literally laughed out loud at "somewhat low fatalities." If 1600 deaths per year is insignificant, as you claimed before, what does that make 37?

Weird that they would feel the need to put together a meeting to celebrate the success of a vaccine that was shown to increase the death rate of infants by 27%.

Also, while we're at it, why is there a positive correlation between number of vaccines and infant death rate in developed countries?

Historically, infants used to die most often in fall and winter, for obvious reasons. Now, they die most often at discrete ages: 2 months and 4 months, regardless of what season those ages occur in. Why would this change?

Infants are 8 times more likely to die within the 3 days following a vaccination than during any other 3 day period while they are infants. I can't imagine why.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-30-2013, 01:50 PM
I literally laughed out loud at "somewhat low fatalities." If 1600 deaths per year is insignificant, as you claimed before, what does that make 37?

Weird that they would feel the need to put together a meeting to celebrate the success of a vaccine that was shown to increase the death rate of infants by 27%.

Also, while we're at it, why is there a positive correlation between number of vaccines and infant death rate in developed countries?

Historically, infants used to die most often in fall and winter, for obvious reasons. Now, they die most often at discrete ages: 2 months and 4 months, regardless of what season those ages occur in. Why would this change?

Infants are 8 times more likely to die within the 3 days following a vaccination than during any other 3 day period while they are infants. I can't imagine why.

Probably just a coincidence, uh-huh.

Fish
04-30-2013, 02:43 PM

JFC.... Do you understand what happens during a vaccination? You're intentionally infecting the child with a weakened version of whatever you're intending to protect your child from. It's intended to be safe controlled exposure. Of course the child has a higher chance of death during the next 3 days, because you're intentionally infecting them. They tell you during the vaccination that you're immune system will be weakened for a temporary period. Because that's the entire point. An added bonus is that since you know when the vaccination will occur, you are able to plan for it.

This is completely expected, and is not proof of anything. Why do you think anti-vaccine proponents only note the danger for a 3-day window? Because after 3 days, your immune system is back to normal, as expected. The danger goes away after that, also as expected.

Using that as proof is akin to saying "You're 8 times more likely to die in a hospital in the 3 days after a heart bypass surgery." Should we note that correlation and declare that heart bypass surgeries are dangerous and should be outlawed? No, because it's nothing but pointless fucking correlation.

Do you really want to risk the life of your child? Science and medicine overwhelmingly supports and encourages vaccines. The statistics back it up. Ignoring that is knowingly risking your child's life no differently than the idiot parents in the OP. We know how that turned out.......

MagicHef
04-30-2013, 03:03 PM
JFC.... Do you understand what happens during a vaccination? You're intentionally infecting the child with a weakened version of whatever you're intending to protect your child from. It's intended to be safe controlled exposure. Of course the child has a higher chance of death during the next 3 days, because you're intentionally infecting them. They tell you during the vaccination that you're immune system will be weakened for a temporary period. Because that's the entire point. An added bonus is that since you know when the vaccination will occur, you are able to plan for it.

This is completely expected, and is not proof of anything. Why do you think anti-vaccine proponents only note the danger for a 3-day window? Because after 3 days, your immune system is back to normal, as expected. The danger goes away after that, also as expected.

Using that as proof is akin to saying "You're 8 times more likely to die in a hospital in the 3 days after a heart bypass surgery." Should we note that correlation and declare that heart bypass surgeries are dangerous and should be outlawed? No, because it's nothing but pointless ****ing correlation.

Do you really want to risk the life of your child? Science and medicine overwhelmingly supports and encourages vaccines. The statistics back it up. Ignoring that is knowingly risking your child's life no differently than the idiot parents in the OP. We know how that turned out.......

So, would you say the safe part of "safe controlled exposure" is failing? It's not that children have a higher chance of death, it's that more children DO DIE. If they're dying, we're not doing the safe part quite right.

Why cause 1600 more deaths per year to save 37 lives?

Also, please post proof of the 3 day window you're talking about. From what I've seen, the negative effects last longer than that, they're just more pronounced in the first 3 days.

Iceland, Sweden, Japan, Norway and Finland all have less than half as many vaccinations on their schedule before one year than the US. They all also have infant mortality rates that are less than half of the US's. Please explain.

Fish
04-30-2013, 10:05 PM
So, would you say the safe part of "safe controlled exposure" is failing? It's not that children have a higher chance of death, it's that more children DO DIE. If they're dying, we're not doing the safe part quite right.

Why cause 1600 more deaths per year to save 37 lives?

Also, please post proof of the 3 day window you're talking about. From what I've seen, the negative effects last longer than that, they're just more pronounced in the first 3 days.

Iceland, Sweden, Japan, Norway and Finland all have less than half as many vaccinations on their schedule before one year than the US. They all also have infant mortality rates that are less than half of the US's. Please explain.

Who says it's failing? I don't mean to sound insensitive, but there are several million kids vaccinated each year, that experience the benefit of never suffering from dozens of diseases that would have killed them less than 50 years ago. Millions of kids. You're focusing on less than 0.2% of those involved, and you're doing so with unsubstantiated correlations.

The infant mortality rate is higher in the US than it should be. I'll fully acknowledge that. But the cause of that is completely unproven, and it's very dangerous to attribute it to the wrong thing. That's not to say that we should ignore known data. On the contrary, I think we should further investigate correlating links such as this. Study should absolutely start with correlating links such as this. But what we can't do is attribute a causal link where there isn't one. Current correlating links are being studied to the fullest. But nothing so far has proven a definite causal link to any negative effects of vaccination.

Considering the US, it's also noted that premature births are up well over 20% in the last 20 years or so. We don't know why that is either. But premie births also come with lots of complications, and unfortunately result in infant mortality in a high number of instances. It's very complicated. But all the data and interpretation of current viable studies indicate that vaccines are safe and encouraged for the overwhelming majority. I encourage all the further testing we can afford, while doing what we currently know is best for our children. It's as simple as that. That strategy would have likely prevented the deaths of the children in the OP...

El Jefe
05-01-2013, 07:51 AM

They should be charged, they chose not to vaccinate their child with a proven vaccine to prevent whooping cough. They caused their child to die IMO.

inb4vaccinescauseautismkooks

MagicHef
05-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Who says it's failing? I don't mean to sound insensitive, but there are several million kids vaccinated each year, that experience the benefit of never suffering from dozens of diseases that would have killed them less than 50 years ago. Millions of kids. You're focusing on less than 0.2% of those involved, and you're doing so with unsubstantiated correlations.

The infant mortality rate is higher in the US than it should be. I'll fully acknowledge that. But the cause of that is completely unproven, and it's very dangerous to attribute it to the wrong thing. That's not to say that we should ignore known data. On the contrary, I think we should further investigate correlating links such as this. Study should absolutely start with correlating links such as this. But what we can't do is attribute a causal link where there isn't one. Current correlating links are being studied to the fullest. But nothing so far has proven a definite causal link to any negative effects of vaccination.

Considering the US, it's also noted that premature births are up well over 20% in the last 20 years or so. We don't know why that is either. But premie births also come with lots of complications, and unfortunately result in infant mortality in a high number of instances. It's very complicated. But all the data and interpretation of current viable studies indicate that vaccines are safe and encouraged for the overwhelming majority. I encourage all the further testing we can afford, while doing what we currently know is best for our children. It's as simple as that. That strategy would have likely prevented the deaths of the children in the OP...

Wow. Unsubstantiated correlation? Do you know how causation is proven in the medical field? Large (preferably controlled) studies are undertaken, if any correlations are discovered, alternative theories are introduced. If no alternative theories fit the data, causation is proven. This is how smoking was proven to cause lung cancer, after alternative theories such as sleep deprivation and heavy drinking were shown to not fit the data.

The GlaxoSmithKline study was actually a collection of 8 different controlled clinical trials containing over 70,000 infants. Do you have any alternative theories to explain the large 27.5% increase in death rate, as well as the mind boggling 78.1% increase in death rate due to pneumonia?

Also, I asked you once already to back up your claim that "..after 3 days, your immune system is back to normal, as expected. The danger goes away after that, also as expected. "

Now I'm asking again. I'd hate to think that while I'm being careful to make sure everything I post is backed up by published research, you are simply making things up.