PDA

View Full Version : Obama Daniel Day Lewis Plays Obama

gblowfish
04-30-2013, 09:39 AM
He's pretty convincing, I must say....
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2013/apr/28/president-obama-plays-daniel-day-lewis-video

Dave Lane
04-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Good find George, rep.

Johnny Vegas
04-30-2013, 02:30 PM
meh. Obama isn't funny, like at all. The supposed comedy for that event just seems elementary and stale. Now Comedy Central and their roasts are where its at. I'd like to see Obama on there.

fan4ever
04-30-2013, 02:53 PM
I'm both amazed and sad this guy has the time for this kind of crap and gave it ANY sort of priority. It was a joke alright.

Count Alex's Wins
04-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Obama loves the celebrity of being Prez more than actually being Prez.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-01-2013, 09:09 AM
:deevee: I was amused.

fan4ever
05-01-2013, 12:04 PM
:deevee: I was amused.

I was amused by the subtle notion that Daniel Day Lewis would be playing the part of Obama because that would make sense since he just got done playing another great president. Now THAT is funny. LMAO

Baby Lee
05-01-2013, 01:21 PM
I was amused by the subtle notion that Daniel Day Lewis would be playing the part of Obama because that would make sense since he just got done playing another great president. Now THAT is funny. LMAO

Is that your two cents?

Taco John
05-01-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm surprised that he'd be admitting to the "lame duck" narrative this early on. I'd think he'd want to stay as far away from that reality as possible.

Aries Walker
05-01-2013, 09:38 PM
meh. Obama isn't funny, like at all. The supposed comedy for that event just seems elementary and stale.
This was actually a fairly weak Correspondent's Dinner; Jimmy Kimmel's last year (?) was the best in recent memory. Conan O'Brien was unwatchable.

I'm surprised that he'd be admitting to the "lame duck" narrative this early on. I'd think he'd want to stay as far away from that reality as possible.
The Correspondent's Dinner is a chance for him to take the Jon Stewart Exception, where he can joke about basically anything, knowing no one can use it as a serious mark against him because it's a comedy venue. He was constantly referring to his birthplace in Kenya, for example.

I will admit it was nice to see Newt Gingrich belly-laughing. He was having a grand old time.

rockymtnchief
05-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Good choice in the casting of Joe Biden.

King_Chief_Fan
05-02-2013, 03:50 PM
well, if there was ever a greater pretender than him...

BigRedChief
05-02-2013, 07:29 PM
I'm surprised that he'd be admitting to the "lame duck" narrative this early on. I'd think he'd want to stay as far away from that reality as possible.He will get immigration reform and background checks and he is done.