PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Kentucky Five Year Old Hunter Bags a Two Year Old

gblowfish
05-02-2013, 09:12 AM
His sister. Welcome to Trailer Park, Kentucky:

http://tinyurl.com/c7l2zpa

BURKESVILLE, Ky. (AP) — As Stephanie Sparks cleaned the kitchen, her 5-year-old son, Kristian, began playing with a rifle he was given last year.

She stepped out onto the front porch, poured grease out of a frying pan for the dogs and “heard the gun go off,” a Kentucky coroner said.
Authorities said the boy had fatally shot his 2-year-old sister, Caroline, in the chest.

In rural southern Kentucky, far removed from the national debate over gun control, where some children get their first guns even before they start first grade, the accident stunned the community.

Kristian’s rifle was kept in a corner of the mobile home, and the family didn’t realize a bullet had been left in it, Cumberland County Coroner Gary White said.

“Down in Kentucky where we’re from, you know, guns are passed down from generation to generation,” White said. “You start at a young age with guns for hunting and everything.”

What is more unusual than a child having a gun, he said, is “that a kid would get shot with it.”

In this case, the rifle was made by a company that sells guns specifically for children — “My first rifle” is the slogan — in colors ranging from plain brown to hot pink to royal blue to multi-color swirls.

“It’s a normal way of life, and it’s not just rural Kentucky, it’s rural America — hunting and shooting and sport fishing. It starts at an early age,”
Cumberland County Judge Executive John Phelps said. “There’s probably not a household in this county that doesn’t have a gun.”

In Cumberland County, as elsewhere in Kentucky, local newspapers feature photos of children proudly displaying their kills, including turkey and deer. Even one of the latest reality shows on CMT, “Guntucky,” features a family-owned gun range in Kentucky. The range, Knob Creek, says on its website that it is as a safe place for youngsters to learn about firearms and offers family memberships.

Ruby Wright, who teaches hunter safety classes in Burkesville, said children younger than 9 can sit in, but they can’t get certification. She also coaches 4-H shooting sports, requiring those children to be 9 as well.

Phelps, who is much like a mayor in these parts, said it had been four or five years since there had been a shooting death in the county, which lies along the Cumberland River near the Tennessee state line.

“The whole town is heartbroken,” Phelps said of Burkesville, a farming community of 1,800 about 90 miles northeast of Nashville, Tenn. “This was a total shock. This was totally unexpected.”

Phelps said he knew the family well. He said the father, Chris Sparks, works as a logger at a mill and also shoes horses.

The family lives in a gray mobile home on a long, winding road, surrounded by rolling hills and farmland that’s been in the family since the 1930s. Toys, including a small truck and a basketball goal, were on the front porch, but no one was home Wednesday.

There’s a house across the street, but the next-closest neighbor lives over a hill.

Family friend Logan Wells said he received a frantic call telling him that the little girl was in an accident and to come quickly.

When he got to the hospital, Caroline was already dead. “She passed just when I got there,” Wells said.

White said the shooting had been ruled accidental, though a police spokesman said it was unclear whether any charges will be filed.

“I think it’s too early to say whether there will or won’t be,” Trooper Billy Gregory said.

White said the boy received the .22-caliber rifle as a gift, but it wasn’t clear who gave him the gun, which is known as a Crickett.

“It’s a little rifle for a kid. … The little boy’s used to shooting the little gun,” White said.

The company that makes the rifle, Milton, Pa.-based Keystone Sporting Arms, has a “Kids Corner” on its website with pictures of young boys and girls at shooting ranges and on bird and deer hunts. It says the company produced 60,000 Crickett and Chipmunk rifles for kids in 2008. The smaller rifles are sold with a mount to use at a shooting range.

Keystone also makes guns for adults, but most of its products are geared toward children, including books, hats and bright orange vests.

“The goal of KSA is to instill gun safety in the minds of youth shooters and encourage them to gain the knowledge and respect that hunting and shooting activities require and deserve,” the website said.

No one at the company answered the phone Wednesday.

According to the website, company founders Bill McNeal and his son Steve McNeal decided to make guns for young shooters in the mid-1990s and opened Keystone in 1996 with just four employees, producing 4,000 rifles that year. It now employs about 70 people.

It also has a long list of testimonials from parents who talk about how grateful they are to be able to go shooting with their children. All of the guns have safety locks, and some even have ones that require a key.

Police did not release the model of the rifle Kristian had.

Sharon Rengers, a longtime child advocate at Kosair Children’s Hospital in Louisville, said making and marketing weapons specifically for children was “mind-boggling.”

“It’s like, oh, my God,” she said, “we’re having a big national debate whether we want to check somebody’s background, but we’re going to offer a 4-year-old a gun and expect something good from that?”

State Rep. Robert R. Damron, a Democrat and an outspoken gun rights advocate in Kentucky, said the problem is not guns, but the parents who do not teach gun safety and responsibility.

“Why single out firearms? Why not talk about all the other things that endanger children, too?” he said. “The Second Amendment doesn’t give anybody carte blanche freedom to put children and juveniles at risk.”

blaise
05-02-2013, 09:16 AM
therefore, ban guns.

Frazod
05-02-2013, 09:16 AM
We really don't need another Wickedson on this board, George.

HonestChieffan
05-02-2013, 09:21 AM
ban corners too

gblowfish
05-02-2013, 09:40 AM
therefore, ban guns.

For five year olds, yes, I think its a good idea to ban guns for five year olds.

notorious
05-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Parents are stupid.

BucEyedPea
05-02-2013, 09:44 AM
For five year olds, yes, I think its a good idea to ban guns for five year olds.

I believe federal law requires being 18 for long guns and 21 for hand guns.

Someone beat you to it. You're little narrative didn't work.

Prison Bitch
05-02-2013, 09:44 AM

How will you enforce that ban? Tell the parents to start caring more?

I suppose you can put a minimum age of purchase at the Wal-Mart. That way when little Kristian goes in to buy his next weapon, he will at least be carded and turned away.

blaise
05-02-2013, 09:46 AM

Good luck with your crusade against gun ownership for 5 year olds.

BucEyedPea
05-02-2013, 09:46 AM
I wonder how many accidents and child deaths happened with guns in colonial days and up through the 19th century?

I think slaves were denied the right to own guns too. Is this what progs want for us?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm all for the 2nd amendment and I don't own a gun. That said, I think there should definitely be limitations on ages. 5 year old kids have no place shooting. That's ridiculous to me.

blaise
05-02-2013, 09:48 AM
I wonder how many accidents and child deaths happened with guns in colonial days and up through the 19th century?

I think slaves were denied the right to own guns too. Is this what progs want for us?

I don't know, but a lot of Hollywood stars made an anti-gun video so let's get this done while it's fashionable.

blaise
05-02-2013, 09:52 AM
I'm all for the 2nd amendment and I don't own a gun. That said, I think there should definitely be limitations on ages. 5 year old kids have no place shooting. That's ridiculous to me.

A 5 year old shooting isn't ridiculous if it's a gun he/she can shoot. The parents own the gun. A 5 year old can't own anything, really.

It's just an issue of responsible parenthood. A kid shouldn't have unsupervised access to a loaded firearm, whether its designed for a child or not.

Cannibal
05-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Feel really bad for the little girl. The parents deserve reckless endangerment charges.

Dave Lane
05-02-2013, 10:02 AM

Nope second amendment and shit.

I want guns for fetuses, they are people and citizens too...

/DC

Radar Chief
05-02-2013, 10:07 AM

Okie Noodling Cousin’s daughters both started deer hunting at 9. They’re 12 and 11 now and together have accumulated more deer kills than I have my entire life. Seriously, they’re little deer slayers.
The problem here isn’t that the kid started shooting at 5, it’s that the parents weren’t teaching him that a gun is not a toy, he wasn’t learning any respect for it. That’s a lesson he has learned the hard way now.

Radar Chief
05-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Feel really bad for the little girl. The parents deserve reckless endangerment charges.

Agreed.

Frazod
05-02-2013, 10:12 AM
A 5 year old shooting isn't ridiculous if it's a gun he/she can shoot. The parents own the gun. A 5 year old can't own anything, really.

It's just an issue of responsible parenthood. A kid shouldn't have unsupervised access to a loaded firearm, whether its designed for a child or not.

I started shooting at age 7. Quite well, I might add.

When they shoot isn't really the issue. When they're left alone with a loaded rifle is the issue. I was probably 9 or 10 before I was allowed to wander the fields with my .22 unsupervised.

NewChief
05-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Okie Noodling Cousin’s daughters both started deer hunting at 9. They’re 12 and 11 now and together have accumulated more deer kills than I have my entire life. Seriously, they’re little deer slayers.
The problem here isn’t that the kid started shooting at 5, it’s that the parents weren’t teaching him that a gun is not a toy, he wasn’t learning any respect for it. That’s a lesson he has learned the hard way now.

Yeah. I was shooting by the time I was five, but it was always supervised.

As a parent, this is a heartbreaking story. My five year old is really into guns and knives because he goes to preschool with a group of kids who are really into hunting. I'm fine with that; but the other day he was playing "swords" with his brother using sticks. He got mad because his brother hit him on accident, so he freaked out, lost his temper and started waling on his brother with the stick. In watching the incident unfold and how out of control he was, I realized that if he'd had a knife, he might have pulled it out and tried to go after his brother with it. I explained that his lack of ability to control his temper is the reason he won't get a knife at this point in time.

My other son can't have one because he's careless and would hurt himself. I do let them use knives in the kitchen, though when they help cook.

Anyway, I think it's a kid by kid basis. I was very cognizant and respectful of the power of firearms at a young age, but I'm not sure my kids get it.

Hog Farmer
05-02-2013, 10:23 AM
My first words after I was born were " gimme a god damn gun, bitch. Somebodies been poking me in the eye for 9 fucking months"

loochy
05-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Yeah. I was shooting by the time I was five, but it was always supervised.

As a parent, this is a heartbreaking story. My five year old is really into guns and knives because he goes to preschool with a group of kids who are really into hunting. I'm fine with that; but the other day he was playing "swords" with his brother using sticks. He got mad because his brother hit him on accident, so he freaked out, lost his temper and started waling on his brother with the stick. In watching the incident unfold and how out of control he was, I realized that if he'd had a knife, he might have pulled it out and tried to go after his brother with it. I explained that his lack of ability to control his temper is the reason he won't get a knife at this point in time.

My other son can't have one because he's careless and would hurt himself. I do let them use knives in the kitchen, though when they help cook.

Anyway, I think it's a kid by kid basis. I was very cognizant and respectful of the power of firearms at a young age, but I'm not sure my kids get it.

quit using your brain. thought has no place in an argument like this.

DaveNull
05-02-2013, 10:26 AM
therefore, ban guns.

Not every story about guns is a story about taking your guns or banning guns or even passively suggesting it.

Sad deal. Shitty parents.

blaise
05-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Not every story about guns is a story about taking your guns or banning guns or even passively suggesting it.

Sad deal. Shitty parents.

Well, the fact that it was posted in DC leads me to believe it was an attempt to make a larger point. If it were just a story about a tragedy it probably would have been posted in the lounge. Clearly, it was posted with some sort of gun control theme.

notorious
05-02-2013, 10:52 AM
I started shooting at age 7. Quite well, I might add.

When they shoot isn't really the issue. When they're left alone with a loaded rifle is the issue. I was probably 9 or 10 before I was allowed to wander the fields with my .22 unsupervised.

Don't hurt you shoulder patting yourself on the back.

For me it was Red Rider at 5, high powered Pellets at 7, .22 at 10-11. If I got caught pointing a plastic toy gun at anyone my mom and dad would break their foot off in my ass.

Frazod
05-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Don't hurt you shoulder patting yourself on the back.

For me it was Red Rider at 5, high powered Pellets at 7, .22 at 10-11. If I got caught pointing a plastic toy gun at anyone my mom and dad would break their foot off in my ass.

My dad handed me a .22 rifle, pointed at a squirrel in the top of a cottonwood tree and said "Shoot that squirrel." My first shot barely missed, second shot greased it.

That was 40 years ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday.

BucEyedPea
05-02-2013, 11:08 AM

Sounds right to me.

Frazod
05-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Sounds right to me.

I sometimes wonder if the state's pound of flesh is really necessary in cases like this. I mean, they lost a child, now have another child that will probably be scarred for life, and have to live forever with the guilt and shame of knowing their carelessness and stupidity caused it all.

Is it really necessary to jail and fine them, too? Isn't all that other shit bad enough? Imagine a crime bad enough where the punishment would be making one of your children kill another one of your children.

I don't think there's much chance of them being repeat offenders.

Pitt Gorilla
05-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Well, the fact that it was posted in DC leads me to believe it was an attempt to make a larger point. If it were just a story about a tragedy it probably would have been posted in the lounge. Clearly, it was posted with some sort of gun control theme.ifit was posted in the lounge some idiot would have posted "ban guns" leading to the thread needing moved.

WhawhaWhat
05-02-2013, 11:27 AM
ifit was posted in the lounge some idiot would have posted "ban guns" leading to the thread needing moved.

LMAO

blaise
05-02-2013, 11:27 AM
ifit was posted in the lounge some idiot would have posted "ban guns" leading to the thread needing moved.

Right, so this was just posted to point out a tragedy. Not trying to make any political statement at all.

Ok.

King_Chief_Fan
05-02-2013, 11:32 AM

yup.

Why and how do you let a 5 year old play with a gun...why would you have an unlocked gun within reach with a bullet in it? Extremely stupid parents. I feel sorry for the 5 year old brother...

alpha_omega
05-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Parents are stupid.
Thats how i see it

Bump
05-02-2013, 11:35 AM
accidents are going to happen. Doesn't mean that they should use this to push their agenda to control everybody though. There are fucking millions of kids with guns in this country and shit is going to happen, as sad and horrible as it may be.

But I've about had it with every tragedy being used to push an agenda to control everybody.

Nobody needs to go to prison. The parents might be stupid as fuck, but let me tell you something. STUPID AS FUCK PEOPLE HAVE THE MOST KIDS AND SHIT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

notorious
05-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Nobody needs to go to prison. The parents might be stupid as ****, but let me tell you something..

You know I love guns, but I disagree.

LiveSteam
05-02-2013, 12:51 PM
She was 6 when I bought her,her first rifle. I think she was 8 in this pick.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/199521_1595803738595_7161113_n.jpg

Her guns to date
Henry 22
Heritage 22mag revolver
Moss-500 in 410
& her grand dads Rem Mo-Hawk 600 in 223

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/198362_1595823619092_802153_n.jpg

mlyonsd
05-02-2013, 12:57 PM
You know I love guns, but I disagree.

Losing his parents doesn't do the 5 year old any good. Even if they are stupid.

LOCOChief
05-02-2013, 01:00 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/199521_1595803738595_7161113_n.jpg

Her guns to date
Henry 22
Heritage 22mag revolver
Moss-500 in 410

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/198362_1595823619092_802153_n.jpg

I had that 22 growing up, awesome. Sooo she waxed all those snow geese with a 22? must be a crack shot. NTTAWWT I killed the shit out of geese with a 22.

fan4ever
05-02-2013, 01:05 PM

Her guns to date
Henry 22
Heritage 22mag revolver
Moss-500 in 410

Do you guys vacation at the wildlife preserve often?

LiveSteam
05-02-2013, 01:08 PM
I had that 22 growing up, awesome. Sooo she waxed all those snow geese with a 22? must be a crack shot. NTTAWWT I killed the shit out of geese with a 22.

No dad shot those. That was her first hunt ever. Mid March & very cold 4 days of hunting. She was a trouper.

Best part,was how pissed off my X was when she seen these pics of our lil girl LMAO

fan4ever
05-02-2013, 01:09 PM

I can see both sides; "Your parents are in jail for a while because this was THEIR mistake...not yours." Might help him deal with his missing little sister for the rest of his life.

LOCOChief
05-02-2013, 01:13 PM
No dad shot those. That was her first hunt ever. Mid March & very cold 4 days of hunting. She was a trouper.

Best part,was how pissed off my X was when she seen these pics of our lil girl LMAO

lol Good pics, she'll like those when she's older. Do you eat snow goose? I'd feed em to my dogs, I've never had a more fowl tasting bird. see what i did there

LiveSteam
05-02-2013, 01:16 PM
lol Good pics, she'll like those when she's older. Do you eat snow goose? I'd feed em to my dogs, I've never had a more fowl tasting bird. see what i did there

I have ate a few, I agree not that good. Now the sausage my buddy makes with them is dam good.

As for this sad story. Its all on the parents

Backwards Masking
05-02-2013, 01:17 PM

what would be a fair punishment than?

if someone becomes a felon for a crime that DIDN'T result in the direct death of another individual, they go to jail and have their guns taken away.

these parents made negligent choices that lead directly to the death of their own child. while that may be punishment enough, allowing the latter to retain their guns and freedom when the former is stripped seems ridiculous.

Prison Bitch
05-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Blaming the folks is easy, but let me tell you that nothing ever goes as planned as a parent of young kids. I've seen my young boy climb up on our countertops and reach up to grab scissors when we weren't looking. No amount of yelling or spanking will stop kids from being curious. I don't own any guns and surely believe they should be under lock stock & barrel, just saying: parenting isn't

FishingRod
05-02-2013, 01:22 PM
I sometimes wonder if the state's pound of flesh is really necessary in cases like this. I mean, they lost a child, now have another child that will probably be scarred for life, and have to live forever with the guilt and shame of knowing their carelessness and stupidity caused it all.

Is it really necessary to jail and fine them, too? Isn't all that other shit bad enough? Imagine a crime bad enough where the punishment would be making one of your children kill another one of your children.

I don't think there's much chance of them being repeat offenders.

I started discussing this topic yesterday on another site with the normal "the parents are idiots" response. After some reflection, I found myself admitting that pretty much every parent has at one time or another been stupid or distracted and was lucky enough not to have to burry a child.

Yes it is stupid to have a loaded gun where a 5 year old has access, just like it is stupid to leave out household cleaner, mouse or bug poison in reach, or to leave a child in a car just for a second because you left something in the house. For those of us who have experienced that moment of terror when you realize what could have happened, our scorn for these parents should be replaced with or at least tempered with sympathy. Most of us were lucky at least once.

Backwards Masking
05-02-2013, 01:26 PM
for the people on here saying "well, parenting isn't easy and they lost a kid, so they shouldn't have to go to jail"

what if the kid shot somebody elses kid? or an adult?

would the parents deserve more than a slap on the wrist than?

threebag02
05-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Was meth present during the search of the house???

FishingRod
05-02-2013, 01:34 PM
for the people on here saying "well, parenting isn't easy and they lost a kid, so they shouldn't have to go to jail"

That is a good question.

What if a five year old grabs Mom’s car keys out of her purse while she is in the bathroom, hops in the car puts it in reverse and backs over a Mother, Grandmother and two baby twins killing them all? Is that better or worse?

notorious
05-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Bringing the hammer down on the idiot parents will hopefully force other idiot parents to take notice.

Backwards Masking
05-02-2013, 01:41 PM
That is a good question.

What if a five year old grabs Mom’s car keys out of her purse while she is in the bathroom, hops in the car puts it in reverse and backs over a Mother, Grandmother and two baby twins killing them all? Is that better or worse?

if you're asking over a long period of time, since the above happens once in a blue moon and kids getting into parents guns and killing people happens fairly often, i'd say better.

but if you're going strictly on numbers for the isolated incident in the OP and you're imaginary scenario, obivously 4 people dead is worse than 1, in which case i'd say it's worse.

Frazod
05-02-2013, 01:42 PM

That's a good point. I wouldn't be as forgiving if that was the case.

But that's not what happened here.

I'm all for throwing the book at criminals and then some, but there was no criminal intent here. Don't you think these people have suffered enough? Do you think the kid that pulled the trigger should lose his parents now?

Backwards Masking
05-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Bringing the hammer down on the idiot parents will hopefully force other idiot parents to take notice.

but parenting is hard, and their kid shot their own kid, not a complete stranger.

it's better the authorities feel compassion for the poor parents who, gosh darn it, forgot to lock up the guns with a 5 and 2 year old in the house than the kid who'll have psychological issues the rest of his life over murdering his kid sister.

and it's especially more important to think of Ma and Pa here than it is to send a message to other gun owners with small children that they make face criminal charges if their kid winds up killing someone due to their negligence.

Frazod
05-02-2013, 01:49 PM
but parenting is hard, and their kid shot their own kid, not a complete stranger.

it's better the authorities feel compassion for the poor parents who, gosh darn it, forgot to lock up the guns with a 5 and 2 year old in the house than the kid who'll have psychological issues the rest of his life over murdering his kid sister.

and it's especially more important to think of Ma and Pa here than it is to send a message to other gun owners with small children that they make face criminal charges if their kid winds up killing someone due to their negligence.

You've convinced me. Let's throw these evil motherfuckers feet first into a wood chipper and send the surviving kid off to a foster home.

WOOHOO!

notorious
05-02-2013, 01:50 PM

It's sad that threatening their personal freedom might scare them more than losing a child.

Stupid parents will be stupid though. Maybe by putting them in prison we can stop them from reproducing.

Backwards Masking
05-02-2013, 01:53 PM
That's a good point. I wouldn't be as forgiving if that was the case.

Don't you think these people have suffered enough? Do you think the kid that pulled the trigger should lose his parents now?

Depends on how much they loved their kid. Maybe they were model parents who made horrible mistake with tragic consequences, in which case yes. But I don't know that - there are some real scumbags out there. And regardless of how loving and innocent they were, allowing them to walk away from this with a slap on the wrist sends the wrong message to gun owning parents everywhere.

Besides, as has been mentioned by others, the 5 year old is going to have problems coping with this the rest of his life. If he sees and understands that his parents were responsible for this (and you have to agree they were) because the authorities punish them, he may be able to cope with this better as he grows up. As opposed to watching them go about their lives like they never did anything wrong, and bearing the burden of the guilt himself, which should not happen under any circumstances IMO.

BucEyedPea
05-02-2013, 01:56 PM
That is a good question.

My brother did that at age ten. Car rolled in reverse on small incline; he jumped out running over part of himself. He was injured but not permanently damaged. LMAO at the idea but it does happen.

Backwards Masking
05-02-2013, 01:57 PM
You've convinced me. Let's throw these evil mother****ers feet first into a wood chipper and send the surviving kid off to a foster home.

WOOHOO!

i never said anything about a wood chipper or a foster home.

but i don't think sending the parents away for a few months as an example to other parents with guns, while professional shrinks help this kid understand it was their fault not his is a bad idea. if that offends the parents who think "parenting is a tough job" is an excuse to let these two people responsible for the death of a human being walk away with no legal consequence, well, i hope they find can find it in their hearts to forgive me.

Backwards Masking
05-02-2013, 01:58 PM
My brother did that at age ten. Car rolled in reverse on small incline; he jumped out running over part of himself. He was injured but not permanently damaged. LMAO at the idea but it does happen.

LMAO

i share the same story, my brother was 7 though

notorious
05-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Shoot the parents in the chest with the .22.

Problem solved.

BucEyedPea
05-02-2013, 02:01 PM
LMAO

i share the same story, my brother was 7 though

Boys will be boys. They can't wait to operate real machines instead of toy ones.ROFL

FishingRod
05-02-2013, 02:11 PM
if you're asking over a long period of time, since the above happens once in a blue moon and kids getting into parents guns and killing people happens fairly often, i'd say better.

but if you're going strictly on numbers for the isolated incident in the OP and you're imaginary scenario, obivously 4 people dead is worse than 1, in which case i'd say it's worse.

Actually accidental deaths by firearms are pretty rare that is one of the reasons they are newsworthy. I do know one time my x-wife left my 2 year old son in the car for just a second because she forgot something in the house. He unbuckled his car seat jumped up front and put it in reverse. Luckily no one was injured and yes my x was an idiot. I can easily see a kid fixing his little sister a glass of juice that unfortunately came from a jug of antifreeze. I do believe until such time that a child is an adult the parents are responsible for their actions but, I think just about any parent can think of a time where something stupid they did could have had tragic consequences. We all know firearms are dangerous so these parents are negligent and stupid but if a kid sticks a paperclip in an electrical socket it is a tragedy.

FishingRod
05-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Shoot the parents in the chest with the .22.

Problem solved.

LOL should we not up the bullet size just to keep things to scale. A 12 GA slug perhaps

BucEyedPea
05-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Actually accidental deaths by firearms are pretty rare that is one of the reasons they are newsworthy. I do know one time my x-wife left my 2 year old son in the car for just a second because she forgot something in the house. He unbuckled his car seat jumped up front and put it in reverse. Luckily no one was injured and yes my x was an idiot. I can easily see a kid fixing his little sister a glass of juice that unfortunately came from a jug of antifreeze. I do believe until such time that a child is an adult the parents are responsible for their actions but, I think just about any parent can think of a time where something stupid they did could have had tragic consequences. We all know firearms are dangerous so these parents are negligent and stupid but if a kid sticks a paperclip in an electrical socket it is a tragedy.

Plus they can pull things off in a split second too. Like pool drownings of young kids, caught under the tarp cover and things like that. We have a certain amount of them every year around here.

Backwards Masking
05-02-2013, 02:31 PM

yeah, parenting is tough gig, i get it, but it's what they chose to sign up for.

Your kid can't kill me with a pin and an electric socket like this kid could with Mom and Dad's gun.

I think what little psychological damage this kid suffers as a result of sending his irrespsonsible parents away for 6-12 months will pale in comparison to knowing he killed his kid sister the rest of his life. Thanks to them of course.

FishingRod
05-02-2013, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=Backwards Masking;9653086]
Your kid can't kill me with a pin and an electric socket QUOTE]

You must not have girls LOL

notorious
05-02-2013, 02:43 PM
LOL should we not up the bullet size just to keep things to scale. A 12 GA slug perhaps

:hmmm:

I think you have a great idea.

Backwards Masking
05-02-2013, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=Backwards Masking;9653086]
Your kid can't kill me with a pin and an electric socket QUOTE]

You must not have girls LOL

LMAO Awesome! And yes, I don't!

Cannibal
05-02-2013, 02:51 PM
They left a loaded fucking gun in the corner of their shithole trailer and their two year old daughter died because of it. Fuck em! Stop defending them.

notorious
05-02-2013, 03:08 PM
They left a loaded ****ing gun in the corner of their shithole trailer and their two year old daughter died because of it. **** em! Stop defending them.

This

Frazod
05-02-2013, 03:12 PM
They left a loaded fucking gun in the corner of their shithole trailer and their two year old daughter died because of it. Fuck em! Stop defending them.

Because they're not black or in the country illegally, right?

Cannibal
05-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Because they're not black or in the country illegally, right?

If they were black or Mexican, I'd feel exactly the same.

Frazod
05-02-2013, 03:15 PM
If they were black or Mexican, I'd feel exactly the same.

ROFL

Apparently you've mistaken me for somebody who rarely posts here.

Cannibal
05-02-2013, 03:18 PM
ROFL

Apparently you've mistaken me for somebody who rarely posts here.

You're wrong, but that's not surprising. Just like it's not surprising you would defend their gross negligence.

|Zach|
05-02-2013, 03:22 PM
So guns dont kill people...and it seems people dont kill people either at least not parents.

Guess that just leaves the kids.

Kids kill people.

Pitt Gorilla
05-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Do you think the kid that pulled the trigger should lose his parents now?Yes. I imagine he'll be safer wherever he goes, by definition.

Frazod
05-02-2013, 03:37 PM
You're wrong, but that's not surprising. Just like it's not surprising you would defend their gross negligence.

I'm not defending anything, douche. I just think they've suffered enough.

It cracks me up how you loving liberal types start foaming at the mouth for blood and vengeance when any sort of "redneck" is involved in a story like this.

gblowfish
05-02-2013, 03:38 PM
In hindsight, if he didn't bag his sister at two, he would have bagged her at 12. This is a house trailer in rural Kentucky we're talking about.....

Frazod
05-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Yes. I imagine he'll be safer wherever he goes, by definition.

Wow, really? I never would have guessed you'd feel that way. By all means, let's dump him in an orphanage immediately. Preferrably an inner city orphanage, where they can beat all the redneck out of him before it's too late.

I guess you'll be wanting to disarm anybody who has children, too. Or lives within close proximity (say, 100 miles or so) of a child. Right?

Can't be too careful, after all.

Cannibal
05-02-2013, 03:52 PM
In hindsight, if he didn't bag his sister at two, he would have bagged her at 12. This is a house trailer in rural Kentucky we're talking about.....

LMAO

KChiefer
05-02-2013, 03:53 PM
That boy must feel awful. His parents should get him a gift to cheer him up. A book would be nice, but I doubt the parents could teach him how to operate that either. A box of M-80s?

Cannibal
05-02-2013, 03:57 PM
That boy must feel awful. His parents should get him a gift to cheer him up. A book would be nice, but I doubt the parents could teach him how to operate that either. A box of M-80s?

Bushmaster

BucEyedPea
05-02-2013, 04:00 PM

That sounds bigoted.

BucEyedPea
05-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Such accidents as being routine in America on a daily basis, is a pause for thought.

" A few days ago a very old friend sent me an article about five shooting deaths in his small home town south of Seattle. I had not heard anything about it.

These local shootings and other violent deaths and injuries of every conceivable kind, from medical mistakes to huge industrial explosions, happen every day around America but rarely get any mention in the national Media.

Of course, these serial and mass killings are routine in America. They happen every day, but get no mention nationally. Bank robberies and bomb threats are routine. My daughter just sent us an article about a bank robbery with bomb threat in Marin County, across the Golden Gate from San Francisco, reported in the Marin Indep. Jour. Yesterday the San Diego Union-Tribune reported another San Diego P.D. police killing. A woman with a knife who may have stabbed some family member[s?] was found by the police when they arrived at the scene with a knife, she would not put it down, so they shot to kill, not to wound and disarm. SOP, everyday stuff. I've written about the killings in our very rich La Jolla neighborhood, including the shooting death of the former head of the Afghan National Bank across our back fence, just about 50 ft. from our house, a few years ago. Throughout my life, especially when young living in poor neighborhoods, I knew of many violent fights and deaths involving family members and neighbors. SOP...

Every day medical mistakes, overdoses, negligence, criminal negligence and even homicide kill between 300 and 600 Americans. [The studies at Harvard Med., etc., show the total per year to be between 100,000 and 200,000 even using only official medical records to estimate the causes of death, so many are missed by medical lies in the official data, non-reporting, etc.] I have written about the medically caused deaths and catastrophes suffered by friends and their families – and three catastrophes suffered by me, one of which I think was very dangerous to me, but after immense suffering I was released from the hospital to suffer chronic pain and psychic wounds from it.] This past week alone I learned of three more serious mistakes and negligence close to us – one life long friend, one husband of a friend of my wife, one sister of my wife. SOP.

Industrial accidents, even huge explosions, kill and maim many people every day on average. Road accidents kill and maim about a hundred Americans a day and almost all of us have lost friends and family members to them. Suicides kill about twice as many and homicides about half as many every day on average. Far more are maimed by suicides, shootings, knifing, beatings and so on.

All of this gets almost no national coverage. We all suffer greatly from such events throughout our lives."

Jack D. Douglas, retired professor of sociology from the University of California at San Diego. He has published widely on all major aspects of human beings, most notably The Myth of the Welfare State. (http://lewrockwell.com/douglas/douglas76.1.html)

Pitt Gorilla
05-03-2013, 12:20 PM
3 Different Cases Of Brothers Shooting Sisters In 3 Days

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/3-different-cases-brothers-shooting-little-sisters-3-days

By Sarah Rae Fruchtnicht, Thu, May 02, 2013

A 9-year-old girl in Washington is now recovering after being shot in the leg Wednesday by her brother. Two other girls fatally shot by their brothers this week in Kentucky and Alaska were not so lucky.

An 8-year-old boy in Mountain Village, Ala., killed his 5-year-old sister with a rifle on Monday. A 5-year-old boy in Cumberland County, Ky., fatally shot his 2-year-old sister on Tuesday with a youth rifle that was given to him as a gift.

The 9-year-old girl in Auburn, Wash., was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle after she was shot by her 7-year-old brother Wednesday night. The boy allegedly found the .22 caliber rifle in another brother’s closet.

"He was playing with it," said Auburn Police Cmdr. Mike Hirman. "It was a loaded rifle, and it went off."

No charges have been filed yet in the case, but police are investigating whether the children were home alone at the time of the shooting. The girl is expected to make a full recovery.

The siblings in Alaska were home alone when the 5-year-old girl was shot and killed by her 8-year-old brother with a .22 caliber rifle on Monday afternoon. The boy had used the Ruger 10/22 to go hunting the day before.

“The 8-year-old had been left at the residence,” said Alaska State Trooper spokeswoman Megan Peters. “And in a span of about 15 minutes, (his) 5-year-old sister came in and it was in that short amount of time that this tragedy occurred.”

“It just goes to show you how much can go wrong in such a short amount of time,” she added. “It’s a very big tragedy for the family, of course.”

No charges have been filed in the case, but the Alaska Office of Children’s Services and the Bethel District Attorney’s officer were contacted, Peters said.

Another boy shot and killed his little sister, Caroline Starks, in Cumberland County, Ky., Tuesday afternoon. The 5-year-old boy was given the .22-caliber “youth” rifle as a gift. His parents claim the rifle was usually kept in a corner and no one realized a shell had been left in it.

"It's a Crickett," said Cumberland County Coroner Gary White. "It's a little rifle for a kid ... The little boy's used to shooting the little gun."

Their mother was home at the time of the shooting. Caroline’s death was considered accidental.

"Just one of those crazy accidents," White said.

fan4ever
05-03-2013, 12:35 PM
That sounds bigoted.

Can't be; some of his best friends are Kentuckians.