PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Screw Cinco de Mayo

Mr. Laz
05-05-2013, 08:13 AM
so sick of viva la raza

seeing Spanish only commercials on local t.v. stations for the first time in my life

watching Hispanics in America try to make illegal immigration legal just so more of their Hispanic brethren can flood over the border(total racism btw)

some projections that say that Hispanic will be the majority race in the U.S by 2040 or some crap.

why worry about a military invasion of the U.S. when you have an ethnic invasion happening right now.

So when the entire country of Mexico moves into the U.S. do we all move south? Just let them **** up the U.S. while we go fix Mexico like some kind of uber 'flip-this-house-the-country-edition' reality show.

Why should any non Latino person want to help this locust-like invasion?

Cinco de Mayo isn't an American holiday so if you want to celebrate it then move to Mexico! 4321

/rant over

Dave Lane
05-05-2013, 08:18 AM
Lazs true colors are flying for Cinco de Mayo

alanm
05-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Think of all the potential democrat voters

Mr. Laz
05-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Lazs true colors are flying for Cinco de Mayo

what the hell does that even mean?

Frazod
05-05-2013, 08:28 AM
what the hell does that even mean?

Illegal aliens = undocumented Democrats

Frazod
05-05-2013, 08:29 AM
And I absolutely agree with this.

And FTR, I feel the same way about St. Patrick's Day, since I'm (a) not Irish, (b) not Catholic, and (c) not a fucking drunk.

Mr. Laz
05-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Illegal aliens = undocumented Democrats
only problem with that is that i considered by most people around here to be a tree-hugging liberal

so i'm not sure how i'm showing any "true colors"

This has nothing to do with democrat/republican and everything to do with seeing a cultural 'invasion' occurring.

If 30 years the U.S. is going to be kinda like Canada with English-America and Spanish-America. Large areas of America with a complete language and cultural divide and it's going to suck.imo.

Frazod
05-05-2013, 08:55 AM
only problem with that is that i considered by most people around here to be a tree-hugging liberal

so i'm not sure how i'm showing any "true colors"

This has nothing to do with democrat/republican and everything to do with seeing a cultural 'invasion' occurring.

If 30 years the U.S. is going to be kinda like Canada with English-America and Spanish-America. Large areas of America with a complete language and cultural divide and it's going to suck.imo.

The way I see it, we're pretty much fucked at this point. Back when the Republicans could have done something to stem the tide, they were too busy letting these scumbags pour over the border to provide cheap labor. Now they're entrenched, refuse to conform to our culture and language like pretty much every other group of immigrants, and instead of making it hard for them, the government just rolls over. More and more Spanish language channels on TV. Spanish advertisements on regular TV stations. The last time I voted the fucking ballot was in English and Spanish. Isn't speaking English a requirement for being a citizen, and isn't being a citizen a requirement for being able to vote? I guess it doesn't matter anymore. We've been sold down the fucking river so that the ruling elite can get cheap lawn care.

50 years from now this country will be South Africa, only with Latinos instead of blacks. Or I should say, whatever conglomeration of shit is occupying what was once the United States. At least I won't live to see it.

Donger
05-05-2013, 09:02 AM
The last time I voted the ****ing ballot was in English and Spanish.

No kidding?

alanm
05-05-2013, 09:02 AM
The way I see it, we're pretty much ****ed at this point. Back when the Republicans could have done something to stem the tide, they were too busy letting these scumbags pour over the border to provide cheap labor. Now they're entrenched, refuse to conform to our culture and language like pretty much every other group of immigrants, and instead of making it hard for them, the government just rolls over. More and more Spanish language channels on TV. Spanish advertisements on regular TV stations. The last time I voted the ****ing ballot was in English and Spanish. Isn't speaking English a requirement for being a citizen, and isn't being a citizen a requirement for being able to vote? I guess it doesn't matter anymore. We've been sold down the ****ing river so that the ruling elite can get cheap lawn care.

50 years from now this country will be South Africa, only with Latinos instead of blacks. Or I should say, whatever conglomeration of shit is occupying what was once the United States. At least I won't live to see it.I'm hoping that when I die I return to a time portal of about 1870 or the 1720's. :D

stonedstooge
05-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Laz-angry old white man

Donger
05-05-2013, 09:10 AM
Huh. I guess I forgot about this:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/01/gingrich-and-romney-want-say-adios-bilingual-ballots

"We used to have poll taxes, we used to have whites-only primaries, we used to not let women vote," says Myrna Perez, senior counsel with the Brennan Center's Democracy Program. "Policies that would make our ballots less accessible to Americans based on what language they speak would be at odds with that historical arc towards expanding the franchise."

Frazod
05-05-2013, 09:13 AM
No kidding?

Seriously. When did requiring somebody to show a photo ID and speak English become racist?

Mr. Laz
05-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Laz-angry old white man
yea, maybe.

At some point in the future, say 25 years, you are going to drive into entire sections of America that have all spanish signs,business,people and language.

You are literally going to an outsider in your own country. Like someone teleported a city from Mexico into the U.S..

If you're ok with that then so be it ... i think it sucks.

it's not even about being Hispanic either ... i would feel the same with if 50 million swedish people suddenly moved to the U.S. and started changing it's culture etc.

stonedstooge
05-05-2013, 09:18 AM
yea, maybe.

At some point in the future, say 25 years, you are going to drive into entire sections of America that have all spanish signs,business,people and language.

You are literally going to an outsider in your own country. Like someone teleported a city from Mexico into the U.S..

it's not even about being Hispanic either ... i would feel the same with if 50 million swedish people suddenly moved to the U.S. and started changing it's culture etc.

Hey, I'm one too. Liberals seem to want to flood the country with outsiders and openly cheer about it

Frazod
05-05-2013, 09:19 AM
yea, maybe.

It's like Canada sucking off Quebec instead of just telling them to STFU and speak English. What a great precedent that was. :shake:

notorious
05-05-2013, 09:27 AM
yea, maybe.

The time is now, and the area is called Dodge City.

NewChief
05-05-2013, 09:31 AM
Haha. Actually Cindo de Mayo IS an American Holiday. Mexicans don't even really celebrate it.

notorious
05-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Haha. Actually Cindo de Mayo IS an American Holiday. Mexicans don't even really celebrate it.

If you mean Cinco de Mayo, yes they do celebrate the hell out of it.

Just come to SW Kansas this week. There will be nothing but Mexican flags everywhere, and the bigger cities will get trashed.

NewChief
05-05-2013, 09:52 AM

Just come to SW Kansas this week. There will be nothing but Mexican flags everywhere, and the bigger cities will get trashed.

We have a huge Mexican population here, and they have very little interest in the holiday and think it's bizarre that American celebrate it so vigorously. In Mexico (most of them are first generation or still move back and forth seasonally), they have like political speeches and such. No massive parties and hell raising.

The way that Americans (and I suppose Mexican-Americans) celebrate it is a result of marketing from the booze industry.

LiveSteam
05-05-2013, 10:04 AM
I fucking hate tequila

NewChief
05-05-2013, 10:05 AM
I ****ing hate tequila

I also dislike the cheap shit. The good stuff is delicious, but if I'm going premium, I'd rather spend my money on different spirits (whiskey).

KCUnited
05-05-2013, 10:09 AM
We're the new American Indian.

gblowfish
05-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Tequila is the devil liquor I never touch. It tried to kill me once in college. I told God if he'd let me live, I'd never ever EVER drink tequila again. And I've kept my promise.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-05-2013, 10:10 AM
I also dislike the cheap shit. The good stuff is delicious, but if I'm going premium, I'd rather spend my money on different spirits (whiskey).

Esto. :evil:

mikey23545
05-05-2013, 10:10 AM
The way I see it, we're pretty much ****ed at this point. Back when the Republicans could have done something to stem the tide, they were too busy letting these scumbags pour over the border to provide cheap labor. Now they're entrenched, refuse to conform to our culture and language like pretty much every other group of immigrants, and instead of making it hard for them, the government just rolls over. More and more Spanish language channels on TV. Spanish advertisements on regular TV stations. The last time I voted the ****ing ballot was in English and Spanish. Isn't speaking English a requirement for being a citizen, and isn't being a citizen a requirement for being able to vote? I guess it doesn't matter anymore. We've been sold down the ****ing river so that the ruling elite can get cheap lawn care.

50 years from now this country will be South Africa, only with Latinos instead of blacks. Or I should say, whatever conglomeration of shit is occupying what was once the United States. At least I won't live to see it.

Thanks to the Dems, that boat sailed a long time ago...

Hell, you're in Illinois, aren't you? You should know breathing isn't even a requirement to vote Democrat...

DJJasonp
05-05-2013, 10:11 AM

Bingo

It's a bit ironic.....and I live in San Diego, where there's plenty of hispanics.....it's really more of a white holiday.

Just like St patrick's day......just another excuse to get blitzed.

If you really want a "mexican" holiday.....May 1st the country shuts down (Mexican Labor Day) and September 16th is Mexico Independence Day. And both are widely celebrated in Mexico (or here in US as well).

Buehler445
05-05-2013, 10:15 AM
The time is now, and the area is called Dodge City.

I was going to suggest that Laz never go to Garden City, Kansas, America. He might rage and kill everybody.

notorious
05-05-2013, 10:46 AM
I was going to suggest that Laz never go to Garden City, Kansas, America. He might rage and kill everybody.

:hmmm:

Is there a downside to this? :D

J/K, that would take away nearly half of my customer base.

WhawhaWhat
05-05-2013, 11:10 AM
yea, maybe.

Ellos ya tienen lugares como ese. Trate de salir de la casa un par de veces.

Aries Walker
05-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Ethnic 'invasions' happen. Look at England; it's actually the French, who had already mixed with the Danish, who, along with the Swedes, mixed with the Saxons, who mixed with the Angles, who were the result of the Romans mixing with the Celts, who mixed with whoever was there before. Plus, we're the nation of immigrants, built for just that reason; we all came from somewhere else, so chill.

Also, you don't see a problem referring to Latinos as 'locusts'?

Donger
05-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Ethnic 'invasions' happen. Look at England; it's actually the French, who had already mixed with the Danish, who, along with the Swedes, mixed with the Saxons, who mixed with the Angles, who were the result of the Romans mixing with the Celts, who mixed with whoever was there before. Plus, we're the nation of immigrants, built for just that reason; we all came from somewhere else, so chill.

I don't think anyone is arguing that we aren't. But, the issue is that many of the Latino immigrants have very little desire to assimilate.

Mr. Laz
05-05-2013, 01:30 PM

Also, you don't see a problem referring to Latinos as 'locusts'?
it's not the same, if they were joining America then it wouldn't be near as big of an issue. They might be living here but they aren't joining America.

I believe i referred to the invasion process as locust-like ... so no, i don't really see a problem.

Mr. Laz
05-05-2013, 01:37 PM
i don't know why Kansas suddenly became a destination spot for latino immigrants either. Trying to get as far away from any border as possible?

like i said, i'm pretty much a tree hugging liberal too so i can only imagine how pissed off the Rush Limbaugh's of the world are right now.

pull the troops back from overseas(iraq,afghanistan etc) but keep them active and lock down the southern border. Then after the illegal immigration is stopped(relatively) then, and only then, we can start taking about a path to citizenship.

Giving a Path when the southern border is still wide open is just asking for another 15 million to come flooding over.

Donger
05-05-2013, 01:41 PM
i don't know why Kansas suddenly became a destination spot for latino immigrants either. Trying to get as far away from any border as possible?

like i said, i'm pretty much a tree hugging liberal too so i can only imagine how pissed off the Rush Limbaugh's of the world are right now.

pull the troops back from overseas(iraq,afghanistan etc) but keep them active and lock down the southern border. Then after the illegal immigration is stopped(relatively) then, and only then, we can start taking about a path to citizenship.

Giving a Path when the southern border is still wide open is just asking for another 15 million to come flooding over.

Two warning shots, then a head shot. I would have zero problem with this.

BigRedChief
05-05-2013, 01:47 PM
so sick of viva la raza

seeing Spanish only commercials on local t.v. stations for the first time in my life

watching Hispanics in America try to make illegal immigration legal just so more of their Hispanic brethren can flood over the border(total racism btw)

some projections that say that Hispanic will be the majority race in the U.S by 2040 or some crap.

why worry about a military invasion of the U.S. when you have an ethnic invasion happening right now.

So when the entire country of Mexico moves into the U.S. do we all move south? Just let them **** up the U.S. while we go fix Mexico like some kind of uber 'flip-this-house-the-country-edition' reality show.

Cinco de Mayo isn't an American holiday so if you want to celebrate it then move to Mexico! 4321

/rant overHow can you be against a semi-holiday that is an excuse to drink more beer?

BigRedChief
05-05-2013, 01:50 PM
pull the troops back from overseas(iraq,afghanistan etc) but keep them active and lock down the southern border. Active duty military troops policing parts of the USA? I think that unconstitutional.
Then after the illegal immigration is stopped(relatively) then, and only then, we can start taking about a path to citizenship. Isn't illegal immigration from Mexico basically zero recently?

Mr. Laz
05-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Active duty military troops policing parts of the USA? I think that unconstitutional.
Isn't illegal immigration from Mexico basically zero recently?
is locking down a border really policing the USA?

isn't it preventing illegal entry?

might need another permanent military base or 2 down there

Haven't heard that illegal immigration is down, but i'm not positive

BigRedChief
05-05-2013, 02:08 PM

might need another permanent military base or 2 down thereObviously illegal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

Seems to be down?
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303459004577362211298534158.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57419334/illegal-mexican-immigrant-numbers-down-as-more-migrate-back-to-mexico/

http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/Politics/illegal-immigration-united-states/story?id=17894215

notorious
05-05-2013, 02:13 PM

Packing Plants

blaise
05-05-2013, 02:14 PM

I've known and worked with a lot of Mexican people in Texas. They never seemed to care about it. The time or two I asked them about it they were just like, "Yeah, some people in one little part of Mexico celebrate it."

Cannibal
05-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Tequila is the devil liquor I never touch. It tried to kill me once in college. I told God if he'd let me live, I'd never ever EVER drink tequila again. And I've kept my promise.

LMAO

KC native
05-05-2013, 02:22 PM
I don't think anyone is arguing that we aren't. But, the issue is that many of the Latino immigrants have very little desire to assimilate.

Absolutely false. Hispanics are the second fastest assimilating immigrant group in the US. Asians are the fastest.

rockymtnchief
Packing Plants

Plus, agriculture and stock yards. Eastern Colorado is becoming the same way. I got called on a T-1 trouble to a stock yard and spent my first 20 minutes trying to find someone who spoke English.

KC native
so sick of viva la raza

/rant over

angry old racist is angry

KC native
05-05-2013, 02:24 PM
I've known and worked with a lot of Mexican people in Texas. They never seemed to care about it. The time or two I asked them about it they were just like, "Yeah, some people in one little part of Mexico celebrate it."

This. Cinco de Mayo is not a real Mexican holiday. They celebrate it in parts of northern Mexico where the Irish came to help them against the French. The rest of the country could give a flying fuck about it.

It's much more an American holiday than a Mexican one.

KC native
05-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Two warning shots, then a head shot. I would have zero problem with this.

intellectual racist is racist.

KC native
05-05-2013, 02:27 PM
it's not the same, if they were joining America then it wouldn't be near as big of an issue. They might be living here but they aren't joining America.

I believe i referred to the invasion process as locust-like ... so no, i don't really see a problem.

Seriously you are even more retarded when it comes to DC shit than you are about football.

Illegal immigration is way down. Hispanics are the 2nd fastest assimilating immigrant group in this country. You couldn't be more wrong if you tried dipshit.

J Diddy
05-05-2013, 02:28 PM
This. Cinco de Mayo is not a real Mexican holiday. They celebrate it in parts of northern Mexico where the Irish came to help them against the French. The rest of the country could give a flying **** about it.

It's much more an American holiday than a Mexican one.

I wasn't even aware it was a holiday. I thought it was just an excuse for Americans to drink. Kind of screws everything up when it's on the weekend, which are the other two days a week that are already slotted for drinking.

KC native
05-05-2013, 02:29 PM
I wasn't even aware it was a holiday. I thought it was just an excuse for Americans to drink. Kind of screws everything up when it's on the weekend, which are the other two days a week that are already slotted for drinking.
Cinco de Mayo (Spanish for "fifth of May") is a celebration held on May 5. It is celebrated in the United States[1] and regionally in Mexico, primarily in the state of Puebla,[note 1][2][3][4] where the holiday is called El Día de la Batalla de Puebla (English: The Day of the Battle of Puebla).[5][6][7] It originated with Mexican-American communities in the American West as a way to commemorate the cause of freedom and democracy during the first years of the American Civil War,[8][9] and today the date is observed in the United States as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride.[10] In the state of Puebla, the date is observed to commemorate the Mexican army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza Seguín.[3][11] Cinco de Mayo is not Mexico's Independence Day—the most important national patriotic holiday in Mexico—which is celebrated on September 16.[3][12]

Cannibal
05-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Hasn't illegal immigration slowed dramatically (admittedly from our shit economy)?

KC native
05-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Hasn't illegal immigration slowed dramatically (admittedly from our shit economy)?

Yes

Cannibal
05-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Yes

Thought I read that it had almost come to standstill since about 2009 roughly.

KC native
05-05-2013, 02:33 PM

You would be correct.

Cannibal
05-05-2013, 02:35 PM
So Laz and others need to calm the fuck down? :)

KC native
05-05-2013, 02:37 PM
So Laz and others need to calm the fuck down? :)

meh, they can keep being menopausal women if they want. It's their choice to be miserable old cocksuckers.:thumb:

Baby Lee
05-05-2013, 02:42 PM
OTOH, Margaritas are delicious.

Mr. Laz
05-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Obviously illegal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

yea, but we aren't talking about using the armed forces to enforce state law or to enforce any law against U.S. Citizens.

we would be asking them to protect and secure the Nation borders against an outside threat.

i dunno ... it's a goofy dam law if that's why it is

so the National forces cannot act to secure our border against aggression unless the congress declares war or something? Sounds stupid.

Mr. Laz
05-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Seriously you are even more retarded when it comes to DC shit than you are about football.

Illegal immigration is way down. Hispanics are the 2nd fastest assimilating immigrant group in this country. You couldn't be more wrong if you tried dipshit.

at least you're an asshole consistently

Donger
05-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Absolutely false. Hispanics are the second fastest assimilating immigrant group in the US. Asians are the fastest.

Source please?

Donger
05-05-2013, 02:55 PM
intellectual racist is racist.

I didn't mention race at all. I'd feel precisely the same if illegals were invading from Canada at the same numbers.

Donger
05-05-2013, 02:59 PM

Net illegal immigration, yes. The incoming slowed and many went back home because our economy tanked.

There's historical precedent for what happens when amnesty is offered.

Frazod
05-05-2013, 03:03 PM

That's nice. In other news, the Titanic is no longer taking on water.

HonestChieffan
05-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Net illegal immigration, yes. The incoming slowed and many went back home because our economy tanked.

There's historical precedent for what happens when amnesty is offered.

and eleventybillion are still here

HonestChieffan
05-05-2013, 03:06 PM
http://iamhilarious.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/sinko-de-mayo.jpg

KC native
05-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Source please?

Do your own homework.

KC native
05-05-2013, 03:12 PM
I didn't mention race at all. I'd feel precisely the same if illegals were invading from Canada at the same numbers.

No, you wouldn't. Is there a particular reason you have such animosity towards Hispanics? Did your mom have an affair with one? Did you walk in on her getting boned by one?

patteeu
05-05-2013, 03:20 PM

What does that mean?

KC native
05-05-2013, 03:24 PM
What does that mean?

2nd generation is fluent in both languages and adopting more American culture. 3rd generation is full assimilated into American culture with a dramatic drop in the fluency in their country of origin's language.

LiveSteam
05-05-2013, 03:26 PM
That's nice. In other news, the Titanic is no longer taking on water.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

NewChief
05-05-2013, 03:31 PM
2nd generation is fluent in both languages and adopting more American culture. 3rd generation is full assimilated into American culture with a dramatic drop in the fluency in their country of origin's language.

This is true from my experience. The vast majority of my Hispanic students were born in Mexico, but they speak English amongst themselves. At home with their parents, they speak Spanish, but most will speak English at home when they start their own families.

It's something our world language teachers bemoan frequently, because their homes will not be bilingual, but English only. They're losing their "heritage" language.

patteeu
05-05-2013, 03:55 PM

So it doesn't mean that they're assimilating fast enough to not be the fastest growing group (in terms of numbers) that isn't assimilated then. Your statistic doesn't tell the important part of the story.

J Diddy
05-05-2013, 03:58 PM
OTOH, Margaritas are delicious.

Depends what kind. Lime gives me indigestion fiercely.

patteeu
05-05-2013, 03:59 PM
So Laz and others need to calm the **** down? :)

There is a big picture involved here that goes beyond the current rate of illegal immigration.

KC native
05-05-2013, 03:59 PM
This is true from my experience. The vast majority of my Hispanic students were born in Mexico, but they speak English amongst themselves. At home with their parents, they speak Spanish, but most will speak English at home when they start their own families.

It's something our world language teachers bemoan frequently, because their homes will not be bilingual, but English only. They're losing their "heritage" language.

I'm 2nd generation born here and 3rd generation to live here. I learned Spanish through school and then by trying to use it as much as possible. There was no Spanish spoken in my home. My dad who is 1st gen to be born in that US doesn't speak Spanish. Our family is not an exception in my experience.

KC native
05-05-2013, 04:00 PM
So it doesn't mean that they're assimilating fast enough to not be the fastest growing group (in terms of numbers) that isn't assimilated then. Your statistic doesn't tell the important part of the story.

And your view is short sighted and doesn't recognize that this a short term issue.

LiveSteam
05-05-2013, 04:12 PM
http://iamhilarious.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/sinko-de-mayo.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/931331_486556408081959_814326952_n.jpg

BigRedChief
05-05-2013, 04:20 PM
yea, but we aren't talking about using the armed forces to enforce state law or to enforce any law against U.S. Citizens.

we would be asking them to protect and secure the Nation borders against an outside threat.

i dunno ... it's a goofy dam law if that's why it is

so the National forces cannot act to secure our border against aggression unless the congress declares war or something? Sounds stupid.Goofy? Just think about it for a second. Deploying active duty troops inside the USA? Nothing could go wrong with that, some President could never abuse that?

BigRedChief
05-05-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm 2nd generation born here and 3rd generation to live here. I learned Spanish through school and then by trying to use it as much as possible. There was no Spanish spoken in my home. My dad who is 1st gen to be born in that US doesn't speak Spanish. Our family is not an exception in my experience.My family has been in the USA since the early 1700's. So has my wifes.

One of the great things about America, citizenship isn't based on the length of your families time in the USA. Every citizen has equal rights.:thumb:

mdstu
05-05-2013, 04:33 PM
If we actually enforced the laws against employing illegal immigrants, they wouldn't want to come here in the first place. JMO

HonestChieffan
05-05-2013, 04:35 PM
If we actually enforced the laws against employing illegal immigrants, they wouldn't want to come here in the first place. JMO

was true but now they get all the handouts regardless so they squat here forever

Frazod
05-05-2013, 04:40 PM
My family has been in the USA since the early 1700's. So has my wifes.

One of the great things about America, citizenship isn't based on the length of your families time in the USA. Every citizen has equal rights.:thumb:

Yeah, I'm thrilled that some dirtbag can crawl over the border illegally and shit out a brat that has the same rights as me.

That's just fucking awesome.

:shake:

Psyko Tek
05-05-2013, 04:41 PM
so sick of viva la raza

/rant over

that's right only 'murican holidays lik st. pat's and Columbus day
lighten up Francis
it's just an stolen holiday we drink to

and to stop the coming over population bred more

BigRedChief
05-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Yeah, I'm thrilled that some dirtbag can crawl over the border illegally and shit out a brat that has the same rights as me.

That's just fucking awesome.

:shake:Yeah that part sucks but this we are all equal in the eyes of the law is pretty damn important to our way of life. How can we change that without fucking with that principle?

patteeu
05-05-2013, 04:52 PM
And your view is short sighted and doesn't recognize that this a short term issue.

What's my view? How is it short sighted? There are both short and long term issues involved here. Are you just saying words that you think sound good together.

ChiliConCarnage
05-05-2013, 04:53 PM

Pretty much like every group who immigrated to the US. We don't have an official national language for a reason. I'm not saying it doesn't bother me on some level or that I don't see the absurdity of handing illegals legit government docs like drivers licenses. At one point the Irish were the dirty poors that a ton of settlers wished didnt come. No one wanted the potato famined poor and destitute shipping to the new world.

KCUnited
05-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Mexicans everywhere are celebrating with Budweiser, Marlboro, and McDonalds.

HonestChieffan
05-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Then....http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/Cinco_de_Mayo,_1901_poster.jpg/200px-Cinco_de_Mayo,_1901_poster.jpg

Now...
http://girlmeetsfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/cinco-de-mayo-dog.jpg

notorious
05-05-2013, 05:23 PM

Man, they LOVE Budweiser in Dodge.

Donger
05-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Do your own homework.

Yeah, I just the phone number to look it up and it asked if I wanted to hear it in Mexican (I think). Mucho assimilationo.

Donger
05-05-2013, 05:41 PM
No, you wouldn't. Is there a particular reason you have such animosity towards Hispanics? Did your mom have an affair with one? Did you walk in on her getting boned by one?

Yes, I would. I don't like illegals. The fact that the vast majority of illegals are Hispanic is what I don't like.

AustinChief
05-05-2013, 05:49 PM

My buddy (who is hispanic and from El Paso) used to work at a Tejano bar. He also worked at an Irish pub. When people would ask him for a Mexican beer without picking a specific brand... he'd give them a Miller Lite.

AustinChief
05-05-2013, 05:51 PM
My family has been in the USA since the early 1700's. So has my wifes.

I got ya beat. 1620s for my family. Now go home you filthy newcomer, immigrant! :D

KCUnited
05-05-2013, 05:51 PM
My buddy (who is hispanic and from El Paso) used to work at a Tejano bar. He also worked at an Irish pub. When people would ask him for a Mexican beer without picking a specific brand... he'd give them a Miller Lite.

The only people drinking Corona on Cinco de Mayo are gringos.

AustinChief
05-05-2013, 05:57 PM

This is my experience as well. BUT I am against bilingualism practiced by government unless it's completely localized. If you come to the US and you don't speak English at all... life SHOULDN'T be easy. Make it easier and you risk turning the current acceptable assimilation trend backwards.

Rain Man
05-05-2013, 06:06 PM
My cable has probably 20+ channels in Spanish now. It's kind of good because they show cleavage on those channels like we show beer commercials on ours, but it's kind of bad because I don't understand Spanish and the shows look like they'd be terrible even if I did.

Rain Man
05-05-2013, 06:10 PM
This is my experience as well. BUT I am against bilingualism practiced by government unless it's completely localized. If you come to the US and you don't speak English at all... life SHOULDN'T be easy. Make it easier and you risk turning the current acceptable assimilation trend backwards.

In general, I agree. However, there are a few complications to that. If you work at a local government and your code enforcement rules are all in English, you can't get the Spanish speakers to comply. And if your policemen only speak English you end up with some problems at traffic stops and stuff.

My general philosophy would be that ...

...government benefits are English only. If you want something, you have to learn English to get it.

...government laws, rules, and other types of "gotta do this" stuff are bilingual, because otherwise it causes a host of problems that nobody wants.

Baby Lee
05-05-2013, 06:28 PM
I got ya beat. 1620s for my family. Now go home you filthy newcomer, immigrant! :D

My mom's ancestors are Cherokee, so at least since Nephi immigrated in 600 BC.

J Diddy
05-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Then....http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/Cinco_de_Mayo,_1901_poster.jpg/200px-Cinco_de_Mayo,_1901_poster.jpg

Now...
http://girlmeetsfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/cinco-de-mayo-dog.jpg

I'm not buying for one damned minute that dog is Mexican.

J Diddy
05-05-2013, 06:30 PM

1800's ancestors from France.

I surrender automatically.

AustinChief
05-05-2013, 06:30 PM
In general, I agree. However, there are a few complications to that. If you work at a local government and your code enforcement rules are all in English, you can't get the Spanish speakers to comply. And if your policemen only speak English you end up with some problems at traffic stops and stuff.

My general philosophy would be that ...

...government benefits are English only. If you want something, you have to learn English to get it.

...government laws, rules, and other types of "gotta do this" stuff are bilingual, because otherwise it causes a host of problems that nobody wants.

That's why I said "unless it is localized." Let the local governments make those calls. You are right, there are practical issues to deal with there.

RNR
05-05-2013, 06:39 PM
We have a huge Mexican population here, and they have very little interest in the holiday and think it's bizarre that American celebrate it so vigorously. In Mexico (most of them are first generation or still move back and forth seasonally), they have like political speeches and such. No massive parties and hell raising.

The way that Americans (and I suppose Mexican-Americans) celebrate it is a result of marketing from the booze industry.

And the joke that is funny because it is true: the difference between St Patrick's day and cinco de mayo is nobody pretends to be Mexican~

Aries Walker
05-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Mayflower, sucker, times three. Beat that, Johnny-come-lately!
(Not counting American Indian, of course. That's just unfair.)

Aries Walker
05-05-2013, 07:16 PM
I'm not buying for one damned minute that dog is Mexican.
They should have used a Chihuahua.

Mr. Laz
05-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Goofy? Just think about it for a second. Deploying active duty troops inside the USA? Nothing could go wrong with that, some President could never abuse that?
I believe every Military base has it's own security/police force.

So how is that legal?

imo guarding the U.S. border against an outside threat is just not the same as using the military to is some kind of Marshal Law type situation.

Mr. Kotter
05-05-2013, 10:39 PM
Heck... :(

Should I feel sad that I enjoyed cheaper nachos, margaritas, and Tex-Mex food today? Cause I don't...

teedubya
05-05-2013, 10:41 PM
If the internet was around in the 1600s... I'm sure some Native American version of Laz would have had a similar rant.

Rain Man
05-05-2013, 11:08 PM

Interesting. It's a big deal here with the immigrant Hispanic population. It's caused a little friction in past years when there have been impromptu cruising parades waving Mexican flags and stuff.

Dave Lane
05-05-2013, 11:13 PM

might need another permanent military base or 2 down there

Haven't heard that illegal immigration is down, but i'm not positive

The border is more closely guarded than the DMZ in Korea there has to be 50,000 BP officers in just New Mexico. I was nervous as hell what with them stopping me all the time and looking through the car and I'm about as far from Latino as you get. Its insane the number of officers down there. More than is in Afghanistan for sure.

Jawshco
05-05-2013, 11:14 PM
When I moved to California I was taught that Cinco De Mayo is celebrated by folks in the US to honor Mexico for the battle of Puebla because they kept the French from being able to to gain a stronghold near the American border. From what I've heard and read, France was planning on interfering in our Civil War and possibly destabilizing our country. So to that end it's something that Mexicans can celebrate, but is primarily a US holiday. I have no problem with that. Love the Mexican food.

As far as immigration is concerned, it is a problem. I have no problems with the growing Hispanic population, but for some reason- they're falling behind in terms of education (which then flows over into unemployment and a drain on the economy). The stat in the below link shows that Hispanics are at a 63.5% HS grad rate as of 2008, however I saw a more recent stat for 2011 (can't find a net link, but it's in the May issue of SHRM magazine), that shows them falling behind even further than that- while African-Americans were showing improvement. I don't know if those stats are reflective of all Hispanic immigrants, but I'd guess not- which means that it's probably even worse off that we know. That's a problem that needs to be fixed. It's bad for all Americans, including/especially the Hispanic-Americans (is that redundant since all Hispanic countries are already in an American continent to begin with?)

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/02/graduation-rates-by-state-and-race/

cdcox
05-06-2013, 12:37 AM
Most restaurants in the US serve food inspired by another culture.

Everyone uses words and expressions that come from Italian, Irish, German, Yiddish, and especially Spanish languages every hour of the day.

Go to an art museum and you'll see art from artists that aren't American.

Country music has its roots in the Scotch Irish. Blues (from which rock and roll was derived) has its roots in Africa.

Some people call for the incoming population to assimilate. In reality they do assimilate (generally more in the 2nd generation more than the first) but the immigrating population always has a huge affect on the culture of the US. It's that melting pot thing you might have heard about in grade school.

Saw something on the Sunday morning talk shows that indicated that immigration and eventual citizenship is projected to add 1% growth per year to the GDP, over and above what would happen otherwise.

Xenophobia is misinformed, hypocritical, and ugly.

patteeu
05-06-2013, 04:38 AM

Everyone uses words and expressions that come from Italian, Irish, German, Yiddish, and especially Spanish languages every hour of the day.

Country music has its roots in the Scotch Irish. Blues (from which rock and roll was derived) has its roots in Africa.

Some people call for the incoming population to assimilate. In reality they do assimilate (generally more in the 2nd generation more than the first) but the immigrating population always has a huge affect on the culture of the US. It's that melting pot thing you might have heard about in grade school.

Saw something on the Sunday morning talk shows that indicated that immigration and eventual citizenship is projected to add 1% growth per year to the GDP, over and above what would happen otherwise.

Yes it is. There's also some danger in being too pollyannish. At some point, the melting pot is overwhelmed by numbers and excessive diversity. I don't know where that point is, but I'm confident that our legal immigration preferences should be reformed and even moreso that more should be done to stop illegal immigration.

Fish
05-06-2013, 08:25 AM
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7913/nativeamericanx.jpg

stevieray
05-06-2013, 09:00 AM
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7913/nativeamericanx.jpg
stupid analogy brah..tell us more about your psuedo bleeding heart problem

Dave Lane
05-06-2013, 09:03 AM

stevieray changed his handle to Xenophobia?

Fish
05-06-2013, 09:09 AM
stupid analogy brah..tell us more about your psuedo bleeding heart problem

Stupid analogy? How so?

blaise
05-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Stupid analogy? How so?

I don't know that it's stupid, but I don't really get the point it's trying to make. That immigrants are dangerous I guess.

tooge
05-06-2013, 09:38 AM
so sick of viva la raza

/rant over
I had some killer fish tacos yesterday.

NewChief
05-06-2013, 09:48 AM
I had some killer fish tacos yesterday.

That's not authentic mexican food. :evil:

BucEyedPea
05-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Well, we do have St Patty's day but it's not an official holiday. I don't see a lot of Irish only commercials in Gaelic either. Just a lot of green beer.

Prison Bitch
05-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Ethnic invasion? Pshaw! It's not an invasion if it's welcomed. Americans could've stopped immigration at any point the past 50 years but have consistently chosen not to. Therefore it's not an invasion, it's a welcome mat.

BucEyedPea
05-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Ethnic invasion? Pshaw! It's not an invasion if it's welcomed. Americans could've stopped immigration at any point the past 50 years but have consistently chosen not to. Therefore it's not an invasion, it's a welcome mat.

Don't generalize as this being "all" Americans. It's the politicians. And this issue happens to be a bipartisan one among most Americans.

Mr. Kotter
05-06-2013, 10:15 AM

THIS x Eleventy-Billion

BucEyedPea
05-06-2013, 10:17 AM
GDP= a phony manipulated statistic by politicians.

cdcox seems to ignore that coming in illegally unlike earlier immigrants shouldn't be something that pisses many Americans off.

cockeyes
05-06-2013, 10:21 AM
I don't think the US will be recognizable in 20 years.

The lure of government cheese we saw in the last election cycle has finally pushed us over the tipping point.

For decades we had a delicate balance in American politics where the split between conservatives and liberals, the cyclical nature of power between them mostly worked for us.

Unfortunately the changes in demographics have toppled the tower completely onto the socialist side of the fence.

The proof text was the 2012 election. One could hardly perform any more poorly in a first term than Obama had, but he still won fairly handily. That was the point where we all learned it isnt about issues anymore. Or at least, it isn't about issues like the success or failure of policies anymore.

We will see a rapid descent into an unfunded welfare state, and then a financial crisis like Greece only orders of magnitude worse in the coming decades, as the golden goose bleeds out.

Predarat
05-06-2013, 10:29 AM
You would be proud of me, I celebrated that day by having Japanese Food for lunch, good ole American food for dinner, and drinking German beer.

BigRedChief
05-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Well, we do have St Patty's day but it's not an official holiday. I don't see a lot of Irish only commercials in Gaelic either. Just a lot of green beer.Hey, don't fuck with the Irish :spank:
http://th39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/MeaganWolf06/Irish%20Pride%20Baby/th_thirishprideknuckles.jpg

BigRedChief
05-06-2013, 10:40 AM
1800's ancestors from France.

I surrender automatically.ROFLrep

BigRedChief
05-06-2013, 10:42 AM
I got ya beat. 1620s for my family. Now go home you filthy newcomer, immigrant! :DThat just makes you the product of a super religious sect of prudes.:rolleyes:

And you are making up for that family history on a daily basis with how many strippers per day?:rolleyes:

Prison Bitch
05-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Don't generalize as this being "all" Americans. It's the politicians. And this issue happens to be a bipartisan one among most Americans.

I read polls saying a clear majority now want to grant these lawbreakers citizenship. It's our fault Buc. Blame us. "We did it to ourselves"

suzzer99
05-06-2013, 10:48 AM
so sick of viva la raza

/rant over

Your ancestors were all American Indians right?

suzzer99
05-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Jesus, reading the rest of this thread. Some of you are legit disgusting human beings.

I live in ****ing LA among more Mexicans than you can imagine. 99%+ of them just come here to work their asses off doing jobs regular Americans don't want, so their kids can get a decent education and live the American dream. They have tighter families and lower divorce rates than white Americans. Except for their brown skin, which I'm guessing is the big stumbling block for a lot of you, they are doing the EXACT same thing many of your Irish and Italian Catholic ancestors did when they came to this country.

They get mixed messages of almost being shot at the border, but endless day labor awaiting them if they make it. They can hang around Home Depot all day w/o any risk of getting busted. Why? Because the economy needs them, and every one knows that.

Here's a clue for you: no one in LA has a big problem with Mexicans. We realize they are the backbone of the economy out here. But some redneck sitting on his couch sees a Mexican family move in down the block and thinks the world is coming to an end. Racist backwards dipshits.

suzzer99
05-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Yes it is. There's also some danger in being too pollyannish. At some point, the melting pot is overwhelmed by numbers and excessive diversity. I don't know where that point is, but I'm confident that our legal immigration preferences should be reformed and even moreso that more should be done to stop illegal immigration.

Yeah that's why LA sucks so bad that houses cost $800k. No one wants to live here because of too much melting pot. I hate having every cheap awesome food option available to me within a 15 minute drive. I have nothing to learn from other cultures.

Donger
05-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Jesus, reading the rest of this thread. Some of you are legit disgusting human beings.

I live in ****ing LA among more Mexicans than you can imagine. 99%+ of them just come here to work their asses off doing jobs regular Americans don't want, so their kids can get a decent education and live the American dream. They have tighter families and lower divorce rates than white Americans. Except for their brown skin, which I'm guessing is the big stumbling block for a lot of you, they are doing the EXACT same thing many of your Irish and Italian Catholic ancestors did when they came to this country.

Here's a clue for you: no one in LA has a big problem with Mexicans. We realize they are the backbone of the economy out here. But some redneck sitting on his couch sees a Mexican family move in down the block and thinks the world is coming to an end. Racist backwards dipshits.

Personally, I have no problem at all with legal Mexican immigrants. Or any legal immigrant for that matter.

Fish
05-06-2013, 10:56 AM
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/2050/0cf.jpg

blaise
05-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Personally, I have no problem at all with legal Mexican immigrants. Or any legal immigrant for that matter.

Don't get in his way. He's busy patting himself on the back.

suzzer99
05-06-2013, 10:59 AM

Yeah but you also think people should be summarily executed trying to cross the border.

Donger
05-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Yeah but you think people should be summarily (after two warning shots) executed trying to cross the border illegally.

FYP.

Well, that's what you do when you are being invaded, no?

Prison Bitch
05-06-2013, 11:03 AM

I live in ****ing LA among more Mexicans than you can imagine. 99%+ of them just come here to work their asses off doing jobs regular Americans don't want, so their kids can get a decent education and live the American dream. They have tighter families and lower divorce rates than white Americans. Except for their brown skin, which I'm guessing is the big stumbling block for a lot of you, they are doing the EXACT same thing many of your Irish and Italian Catholic ancestors did when they came to this country..

That's some serious shit you're shovelin here. They have a lower divorce rate because a higher percentage don't marry in the first place, and their avg age is much lower anyway. Link shows fewer percentage of divorcees in their cohort but so what? Doesn't mean their marriages are any more stable:
http://www.healthymarriageinfo.org/research-and-policy/marriage-facts/culture/hispanics-and-latinos/index.aspx

They also have twice the rate of illegitimacy:
http://www.nomblog.com/28994

suzzer99
05-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Don't get in his way. He's busy patting himself on the back.

More like throwing up at how racist and xenophobic much of this forum is. I actually thought most people would think OP crossed the line. Didn't think it was possible to over-estimate the DC forum right-wing regulars. But I did it. Shame on me I guess.

Just keep living in your right-wing media bubble. I mean it worked so well then they told you Romney was going to win. Definitely the reason republicans are losing is ever-growing numbers of welfare queens and anchor babies. Couldn't be because they're turning so far right (mostly due to sensationalistic right-wing media propaganda that just cares about capturing eyeballs) that they've alienated everyone in America except angry white guys who don't understand why their minimal education, lackluster motivation and average IQ isn't the road to riches any more. Gotta be the blacks and Messicans.

suzzer99
05-06-2013, 11:06 AM
That's some serious shit you're shovelin here. They have a lower divorce rate because a higher percentage don't marry in the first place, and their avg age is much lower anyway. Link shows fewer percentage of divorcees in their cohort but so what? Doesn't mean their marriages are any more stable:
http://www.healthymarriageinfo.org/research-and-policy/marriage-facts/culture/hispanics-and-latinos/index.aspx

They also have twice the rate of illegitimacy:

Illegitimacy or teen births? The chart only seems to show the latter. Also, control for income level and lets see the results.

Do you honestly believe Mexicans aren't family-oriented? Have you ever actually known or been around any?

Donger
05-06-2013, 11:08 AM
More like throwing up at how racist and xenophobic much of this forum is. I actually thought most people would think OP crossed the line. Didn't think it was possible to over-estimate the DC forum right-wing regulars. But I did it. Shame on me I guess.

Just keep living in your right-wing media bubble. I mean it worked so well then they told you Romney was going to win. Definitely the reason republicans are losing is ever-growing numbers of welfare queens and anchor babies. Couldn't be because they're turning so far right (mostly due to sensationalistic right-wing media propaganda that just cares about capturing eyeballs) that they've alienated everyone in America except angry white guys who don't understand why their minimal education, lackluster motivation and average IQ isn't the road to riches any more. Gotta be the blacks and Messicans.

:spock:

Would you please point out where all the racism is in this thread, which made you write this?

You DO realize that one can be massively opposed to illegal immigration (specifically illegal Mexican immigration) without it being racist, right?

suzzer99
FYP.

Well, that's what you do when you are being invaded, no?

Yes if they're planning to take over your country, not work their ass off doing jobs your contrymen don't want. Jumping the fence is not a capital crime. Do you approve of executing burglars as well?

suzzer99
:spock:

Would you please point out where all the racism is in this thread, which made you write this?

You DO realize that one can be massively opposed to illegal immigration (specifically illegal Mexican immigration) without it being racist, right?

If you don't think the OP and tone is racist I don't know what to say. This is not a sober thread on immigration reform. This is a rant thread about Mexicans.

Donger
05-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Yes if they're planning to take over your country, not work their ass off doing jobs your contrymen don't want. Jumping the fence is not a capital crime. Do you approve of executing burglars as well?

How do you know that they are doing the jobs that Americans don't want, or wouldn't do?

Brock
05-06-2013, 11:11 AM

Not a right winger and I don't want their shitty culture being brought here. They came here from a totally fucked country and I do not blame them for that. Once you are here, learn the fucking language and stop acting like we need to cater to your need for familiarity.

patteeu
Yeah that's why LA sucks so bad that houses cost $800k. No one wants to live here because of too much melting pot. I hate having every cheap awesome food option available to me within a 15 minute drive. I have nothing to learn from other cultures.

Are you seriously arguing that the melting pot can't be overwhelmed or are you just saying that it hasn't happened yet in LA? Because I didn't say anything about LA or your food options.

Edit: If you don't think the melting pot can be overwhelmed, does that mean you favor open borders for anyone who wants to come here (minus felons, terrorists, and invading armies, of course).

Donger
If you don't think the OP and tone is racist I don't know what to say. This is not a sober thread on immigration reform. This is a rant thread about Mexicans.

Yeah, I didn't think you'd get specific. I'd suggest not throwing the racist tag around so easily.

Is the OP very anti-Mexican illegal alien? Yes, absolutely. Is it racist? No.

Donger
05-06-2013, 11:13 AM
This is a rant thread about Mexicans.

That's interesting. You realize that Mexico is country, right?

El Jefe
05-06-2013, 11:15 AM
And I absolutely agree with this.

And FTR, I feel the same way about St. Patrick's Day, since I'm (a) not Irish, (b) not Catholic, and (c) not a ****ing drunk.

Agreed, but I did participate in half off burritos at the local "El Vaquero" eatery!

patteeu
05-06-2013, 11:18 AM

You made it sound like you had a problem with racism from a much more broad group of posters. You specifically fingered "the DC forum right-wing regulars" for criticism. Laz doesn't fall in that category so you must have been talking about something. How about being specific instead of smearing with a broad brush?

Prison Bitch
05-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Illegitimacy or teen births? The chart only seems to show the latter. Also, control for income level and lets see the results.

Read the link again, and you'll answer your own question.

blaise
05-06-2013, 11:24 AM

I live in a "right wing media bubble"? Huh? What are you talking about?

You just wanted to jump on a soap box and proclaim how open minded you are.

suzzer99
05-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Not a right winger and I don't want their shitty culture being brought here. They came here from a totally ****ed country and I do not blame them for that. Once you are here, learn the ****ing language and stop acting like we need to cater to your need for familiarity.

Totally not racist at all. You're right donger.

suzzer99
05-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Read the link again, and you'll answer your own question.

The link says births for ages 15-19. You obviously have no idea what you're posting. Or were just hoping I wouldn't actually read it.

blaise
05-06-2013, 11:31 AM

Ok. Saying someone should learn English is racist. So true. How offensive. I mean, why should they try and increase their earning ability?

I would advise any new immigrant to NOT learn English. Otherwise they're just catering to racism.

Donger
05-06-2013, 11:33 AM

No, it isn't. Please point out exactly what is racist about what he wrote.

suzzer99
05-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I didn't think you'd get specific. I'd suggest not throwing the racist tag around so easily.

Is the OP very anti-Mexican illegal alien? Yes, absolutely. Is it racist? No.

So you think a legal Mexican immigrant could read this OP with lines like "Why should any non Latino person want to help this locust-like invasion?" and a lot of the replies itt and say "Oh, he's just talking about illegals, it's all cool". Gigantic lol if so.

You think it's going to matter to any Latino that some of you take a more reserved tone while not repudiating the OP for his racist tone at all? You think you can racist rants, but then fall back to "well I was just having a rational discussion about illegals" and not alienate the Latino community. You can't be that dumb.

And you guys wonder why the republican party has lost latinos. It's YOU - the frothy angry white guy base. Congrats.

Brock
05-06-2013, 11:35 AM

Has nothing whatever to do with race. Learn to read.

suzzer99
05-06-2013, 11:36 AM
No, it isn't. Please point out exactly what is racist about what he wrote.

Yeah we're not going to play donger obtuse-a-thon today. Go ask a legal Mexican if they think "I don't want their shitty culture being brought here" is racist.

suzzer99
05-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Has nothing whatever to do with race. Learn to read.

Their culture is a lot less shitty than the white trash world of hate you live in.

LiveSteam
05-06-2013, 11:37 AM
rainbows & tacos 4 everyone

Brock
05-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Their culture isn't any more shitty than the white trash world of hate you live in.

It created Mexico. So yeah, our culture isn't better or anything.

blaise
05-06-2013, 11:38 AM
So you think a legal Mexican immigrant could read this OP with lines like "Why should any non Latino person want to help this locust-like invasion?" and a lot of the replies itt and say "Oh, he's just talking about illegals, it's all cool". Gigantic lol if so.

You think it's going to matter to any Latino that some of you take a more reserved tone while not repudiating the OP for his racist tone at all? You think you can racist rants, but then fall back to "well I was just having a rational discussion about illegals" and not alienate the Latino community. You can't be that dumb.

And you guys wonder why the republican party has lost latinos. It's YOU - the frothy angry white guy base. Congrats.

So, no one is allowed to discuss anything about immigration without first exhausting any discussion about possible instances of racism or xenophobia. Got it. The posters here have some sort of social obligation to just focus on whether or not the OP was offensive before moving onto any other discussion.
And, clearly, if they don't, that obviously means they themselves are bigoted or racist.
Thank you, White Knight.

Brock
05-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Yeah we're not going to play donger obtuse-a-thon today. Go ask a legal Mexican if they think "I don't want their shitty culture being brought here" is racist.

Why does it matter if they are legal or not?

blaise
05-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Their culture is a lot less shitty than the white trash world of hate you live in.

So, Brock= bigoted, but calling people White Trash = ok.

Just trying to make sure of the boundries here. Because "White trash" seems like it has certain racial aspects to it.

Or are you just picking and choosing what is and isn't racially and ethnically insensitive on a case by case basis, depending on whether or not it pleases you?

Or maybe I'm just in my scary "right wing media bubble."

Please tell us more, Mr. Professional Poker Player.

patteeu
05-06-2013, 11:41 AM

It doesn't matter what a legal Mexican thinks, it's still not racist. In fact, it's closer to racist that you think all legal Mexicans are interchangeable like that.

LiveSteam
05-06-2013, 11:42 AM
It doesn't matter what a legal Mexican thinks, it's still not racist. In fact, it's closer to racist that you think all legal Mexicans are interchangeable like that.

:clap:

blaise
05-06-2013, 11:42 AM

He speaks for Mexicans. It's his message board civic duty. That's what makes him so noble.

Donger
05-06-2013, 11:43 AM

If they did, they'd be wrong, just like you.

If I say, "I hate the French because their culture is shitty!" am I being racist?

If not, why not?

patteeu
05-06-2013, 11:46 AM
He speaks for Mexicans. It's his message board civic duty. That's what makes him so noble.

Your words make sense to me but I'm not sure whether to believe you or not because you might be part of my right wing media bubble. I'm not a sophisticated coastal dweller like Suzzer.

blaise
05-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Your words make sense to me but I'm not sure whether to believe you or not because you might be part of my right wing media bubble.

I'm not sure we should even have this discussion. There's still elements to whether or not the OP is racist that we haven't delved into.

WhawhaWhat
05-06-2013, 11:48 AM
I celebrated Cinco De Mayo like a good American should. Screw you guys, I had a good time yesterday.

Prison Bitch
05-06-2013, 12:18 PM
The link says births for ages 15-19. You obviously have no idea what you're posting. Or were just hoping I wouldn't actually read it.

Here, let me try this one more time so you don't sound so stupid. Here is the link. It is overall illegitimacy not just teen births. And even the source embedded in the link is from the CDC's overall birth report:

Predarat
05-06-2013, 12:20 PM
I know I am not racist because I cheered for the Mexican Feller during the fight the night before Cinco De Mayo.

Radar Chief
05-06-2013, 12:20 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e2K-_2AHYh0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Radar Chief
05-06-2013, 12:21 PM
I know I am not racist because I cheered for the Mexican Feller during the fight the night before Cinco De Mayo.

I love Cinco de Mayo, because it being Sunday just wasn’t quite enough motivation for me to eat Mexican food and drink beer.

Trolly McTrollson
05-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Mexican-American culture is a good contribution to America imo. I like the food, the music. And that Mark Sanchez guy, he was pretty awesome.

BucEyedPea
05-06-2013, 06:04 PM
It's a marketing gimmick to sell more stuff—including food by leisure, food and hospitality industries.

RNR
05-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Mexican-American culture is a good contribution to America imo. I like the food, the music. And that Mark Sanchez guy, he was pretty awesome.

Another lame dupe~

Prison Bitch
05-06-2013, 09:07 PM
You heard it here first: some leftist pol (think Obama on steroids) will win the Presidency in 20 years and be accompanied by a leftist Congress. In order to rectify economic inequality, they will propose (and pass) a massive redistribution of retirement savings and inheritances. 401k will be nationalized or at best taxed out the ass. 75% tax on all inheritances, etc. it will be deemed "fair".

That's what we will eventually get by importing all this poverty and then paying low wages for it in the short term.

patteeu
05-06-2013, 09:15 PM
You heard it here first: some leftist pol (think Obama on steroids) will win the Presidency in 20 years and be accompanied by a leftist Congress. In order to rectify economic inequality, they will propose (and pass) a massive redistribution of retirement savings and inheritances. 401k will be nationalized or at best taxed out the ass. 75% tax on all inheritances, etc. it will be deemed "fair".

That's what we will eventually get by importing all this poverty and then paying low wages for it in the short term.

Are you saying that's exactly what will happen, or that something along those lines will happen sometime in a couple of decades or so? If it's the former, then yeah, this is the first time I've heard it. If it's the latter, not so much.

Prison Bitch
05-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Pretty much what will happen. The Argentina crisis 10 years ago is a good roadmap.

http://mobile.businessweek.com/articles/2012-04-17/argentina-tries-the-chavez-way

BucEyedPea
05-06-2013, 09:40 PM

That's pretty pessimistic. There is some bright spots out there such as the Austrians educating people in South America, even China and especially more American youth. They even have more professors in universities now.

Comrade Crapski
05-07-2013, 01:20 PM
http://moonbattery.com/?p=29910

Prison Bitch
05-07-2013, 01:39 PM
That's pretty pessimistic. There is some bright spots out there such as the Austrians educating people in South America, even China and especially more American youth. They even have more professors in universities now.

Surely you don't think your side isn't massively outnumbered on college campuses? They are veritable breeding ground for communists.

BucEyedPea
05-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Surely you don't think your side isn't massively outnumbered on college campuses? They are veritable breeding ground for communists.

I think you are out of touch with what's going on at colleges. They are moving libertarian, at least half. Ron Paul had massive turnouts there during the primary. And he's been visiting campuses post election to enthusiastic crowds too. Even a fellow scholar at the Mises Institute teaches at my daughter's campus.

When you see someone like Dr. Drew on TV moaning over many youth are going libertarian instead of left—that's a good sign.

Prison Bitch
05-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Buc, Buc....Obama won 18-29 demo by over 25 points. And they turned out in droves http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/07/youth-vote-2012-turnout-exit-polls_n_2086092.html

While that number is all youth and not college students I doubt the numbers are any different. You really don't believe college campuses are not infested by liberals do you?

BucEyedPea
05-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Buc, Buc....Obama won 18-29 demo by over 25 points. And they turned out in droves http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/07/youth-vote-2012-turnout-exit-polls_n_2086092.html

While that number is all youth and not college students I doubt the numbers are any different. You really don't believe college campuses are not infested by liberals do you?

Another strawman argument. I think you need Hooked-on-Phonics.

Prison Bitch
05-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Nice tap out.

BucEyedPea
05-07-2013, 03:13 PM
No, you make up my positions. Put words in my mouth. No need to respond to that.

As for a tap out...what is natural law and rights?

patteeu
05-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Nice tap out.

Do you really not understand what she's saying? She isn't saying that colleges are dominated by libertarians. She's just saying that there's growth in the libertarian mind share. That's perfectly consistent with the idea that liberals still come out on top.

Prison Bitch
05-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Do you really not understand what she's saying? She isn't saying that colleges are dominated by libertarians. She's just saying that there's growth in the libertarian mind share. That's perfectly consistent with the idea that liberals still come out on top.

I wonder if you read people's posts. She said: "They are moving libertarian, at least half" means that she thinks most students today are libertarians. Not simply "there's growth" which is entirely different and inarguable.

If you think >1/2 of college kids are now libertarian, say so. If not, disagree with her.

alpha_omega
05-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Wow...7th of may and this thread is still going.

LiveSteam
05-07-2013, 05:49 PM
<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?deepLinkEmbedCode=Bsc2hkYjoHcB-jurhqDR2L53AKkx_-eZ&embedCode=Bsc2hkYjoHcB-jurhqDR2L53AKkx_-eZ&video_pcode=k4Nmw6Cri746xA2OsoSlngyrIudg&width=613&height=344"></script>

Violent criminals released by ICE if they are ‘Obama Dreamers’

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/07/violent-criminals-released-by-ice-if-they-are-obama-dreamers-video/#ixzz2Sebv6Drm

patteeu
05-07-2013, 06:55 PM
I wonder if you read people's posts. She said: "They are moving libertarian, at least half" means that she thinks most students today are libertarians. Not simply "there's growth" which is entirely different and inarguable.

If you think >1/2 of college kids are now libertarian, say so. If not, disagree with her.

I don't know what she means by that, but if you're right about it then I agree that she's wrong.

Prison Bitch
05-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Yes, she's saying that libertarianism is the majority viewpoint held by today's collegians.

Xanathol
05-07-2013, 11:28 PM
Yes, she's saying that libertarianism is the majority viewpoint held by today's collegians.We could only wish that were true.

Prison Bitch
05-08-2013, 07:34 AM
We could only wish that were true.

It would be fantastic but so would endless rainbows, puppy dogs and free ice cream. Delusions are fun but only temporary for most of us.

BucEyedPea
05-08-2013, 07:44 AM
We could only wish that were true.

I never used the word majority nor did I say the colleges were infested. He's putting words in my mouth, as usual. Any number I mentioned, wasn't meant scientifically, since I said there were bright spots and a trend at the same time.

Where my daughter attends she said it was about half for Obama and half for Paul on her campus. Paul had massive turnouts for him on college campuses during the primary. So much so that, stadiums were packed and where students had to sit in trees or near the fence to see him. Paul has been still visiting college campuses to spread his message. So there is hope.

Also, from watching Dr. Drew on TV, when someone thought it was a good trend with youth moving left, Dr. Drew bemoaned "Oh, no.....many (or half) were going libertarian." I also know some libertarians or leaners, who opted to vote for Obama simply because they thought the Republicans were worse due to their war stands.
( don't know how that's a difference).

Anyhow, those are where I got my general point.

PB needs to understand that libertarians are half in the D party and half in the R party. So I don't see this as far fetched. One can also check out the great growth on YAL on campuses.

patteeu
05-08-2013, 07:52 AM
I never used the word majority nor did I say the colleges were infested. He's putting words in my mouth, as usual. Any number I mentioned, wasn't meant scientifically, since I said there were bright spots and a trend at the same time.

Where my daughter attends she said it was about half for Obama and half for Paul on her campus. Paul had massive turnouts for him on college campuses during the primary. So much so that, stadiums were packed and where students had to sit in trees or near the fence to see him. Paul has been still visiting college campuses to spread his message. So there is hope.

Also, from watching Dr. Drew on TV, when someone thought it was a good trend with youth moving left, Dr. Drew bemoaned "Oh, no.....many (or half) were going libertarian." I also know some libertarians or leaners, who opted to vote for Obama simply because they thought the Republicans were worse due to their war stands.
( don't know how that's a difference).

Anyhow, those are where I got my general point.

PB needs to understand that libertarians are half in the D party and half in the R party. So I don't see this as far fetched. One can also check out the great growth on YAL on campuses.

So when you said "at least half", you were talking about some colleges not all colleges, right? In fairness to Prison Bitch, I agree that that wasn't clear. But if this is what you really meant, I can't argue with it.

BucEyedPea
05-08-2013, 07:55 AM
So when you said "at least half", you were talking about some colleges not all colleges, right? In fairness to Prison Bitch, I agree that that wasn't clear. But if this is what you really meant, I can't argue with it.

It wasn't clear but other words in the same post contradicted that too. He ignored those.
That was primarily from where my daughter attended. That and a college in Cali, I can't remember which one that had a massive turnout for Paul and what Dr. Drew said. So others have noticed.

Still too many professors from the left though.

Prison Bitch
05-08-2013, 08:08 AM
It wasn't clear but other words in the same post contradicted that too. He ignored those. .

So you admit your post did say "at least half". And that it was confusing and contradicted by another post of yours. But somehow that is all my fault. Fascinating.

Trolly McTrollson
05-13-2013, 04:20 PM
Really, the most offensive holiday is St. Patrick's Day. It just reinforces negative stereotypes of the Irish as drunks and ignores the vibrant culture of Irish-Americans. Plus green beer is bullcrap, no one in Ireland actually drinks that stuff. And don't get me started on the Fighting Irish mascot --that is the most offensive mascot ever! If we had a school whose mascot was the Fighting Mexicans, can you imaging the fits liberals would have? Squads of PC police SWAT teams would shut that whole thing down in a heartbeat.

Sorry for the rant, I just lose it sometimes. Not because I'm Irish, that's just another ugly stereotype.