PDA

View Full Version : General Politics To hell with your votes, sheeple. /Obama

Bump
05-05-2013, 06:45 PM
I know it's not just Obama. He's just a puppet for a bigger force.

Whatever. He still says, fuck your votes people! The people voted. The government says, fuck your votes. That's not very democratic is it? That's more of a dictatorship if you ask me.

It's pretty scary the police state is so present now that legally operating businesses are being raided.

Everytime Obama says fuck your votes. I'm posting it here. Think about all of those tax dollars being spent to raid legally operating businesses over a plant that helps people.

This is a great example of why your votes do not matter one bit. Only the elite has a say in anything.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2020902577_potdispensariesxml.html

Cease-and-desist letters were sent to 11 Seattle-area pot dispensaries because they are within 1,000 feet of schools or other prohibited areas, according to the federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).

The DEA would not identify the businesses or their precise locations.

Despite Washington state’s new legal recreational-pot law, enacted by voter-approved Initiative 502, all forms of marijuana remain illegal under federal law. A policy statement from the Obama administration is supposedly coming on the new legal-pot laws in Colorado and Washington.

DEA spokeswoman Jodie Underwood said the 11 dispensaries received the same letters that went to 23 local dispensaries last August. She said the letters, dated April 29, did not have implications for Washington’s and Colorado’s new laws.

“DEA enforces federal drug laws, and these letters have nothing to do with any pending legislation or state law. The ballot initiatives in both states are under review by DOJ (the Department of Justice),” she said.

John Davis, a local dispensary owner who did not receive a DEA letter, has a different take. Davis contends the DEA did not send letters to some dispensaries with “egregious proximity to schools, playgrounds and child care.”

He believes the crackdown is related to the new recreational-pot laws.

The federal government “sees too much money and the whole looming specter of recreational cannabis going down,” Davis said. “It has more to do with keeping investors’ enthusiasm under control than any proximity” to schools, he said.

There appears to be investor enthusiasm. Medical Marijuana Daily, an industry journal, reports that a Delaware-based private-equity firm has created a $250 million fund to offer loans and credit to marijuana-related businesses with interest rates from 15 to 28 percent — because of the risky nature of the industry.

The DEA letters warned dispensary operators and landlords that the pot businesses appear to be within 1,000 feet of a prohibited area, which tend to be places such as schools and playgrounds frequented by youngsters. The DEA told recipients of the letters to stop distributing marijuana within 30 days or face property seizure and forfeiture.

“As we continue to identify locations, additional letters will be sent out,” Underwood said.

Underwood said the federal government doesn’t have the resources to go after every medical-marijuana business, so it focuses on high-priority areas such as those near schools.

The DEA sent letters to 63 dispensaries in California’s Orange County last week. But a Department of Justice spokesman and California marijuana activists saw those actions as part of a continuing crackdown in Orange County rather than a signal of new federal policy in Colorado and Washington.

Last week a DOJ spokeswoman in Washington, D.C., responded to questions about legal pot with a terse statement: “The legalization initiatives in Washington and Colorado are still under review by the Department.”

Bob Young: 206-464-2174 or byoung@seattletimes.com

CrazyPhuD
05-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Duh....everyone knows that legal dispensaries take jobs away from street dealers! It's job preservation that's going on here!

Johnny Vegas
05-05-2013, 07:35 PM
if they use school perimeters as a basis to keep dispensaries away why not hold the same standard to gas stations that sell alcohol/cigs and pawn shops that sell guns? I can count a shit load of gas stations and pawn shops in walking distance from schools in my area.

CrazyPhuD
05-05-2013, 07:39 PM
if they use school perimeters as a basis to keep dispensaries away why not hold the same standard to gas stations that sell alcohol/cigs and pawn shops that sell guns? I can count a shit load of gas stations and pawn shops in walking distance from schools in my area.

See the school enhancement for illegal sales at least makes some since...because if you're selling near a school you're likely selling TO people at schools.

School enhancement for a dispensary makes zero since because they are clearly NOT selling to students..and if for some reason the patients are then bust those patients....

cosmo20002
05-05-2013, 08:18 PM
It's pretty scary the police state is so present now that legally operating businesses are being raided.

Which business was raided?

KILLER_CLOWN
05-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Duh....everyone knows that legal dispensaries take jobs away from street dealers! It's job preservation that's going on here!

Yup, and it drives prices down.

nstygma
05-05-2013, 10:39 PM
Feds Threaten Medical Pot Dispensaries with 40-Year Sentences

A lawful San Jose dispensary has been ordered to vacate in latest federal crackdown to challenge state laws.

April 30, 2013

In the latest act in the ongoing drama pitting federal drug laws against state legislation permitting the sale of marijuana, a U.S. Attorney is threatening the landlords housing medical marijuana dispensaries with 40 years in federal prison. After ballot measures legalizing the sale and possession of recreational use pot passed in Colorado and Washington state, we wondered whether Obama’s second term would see the beginning of the end of the federal war on drugs.

But as the San Jose crackdown among others suggests, the Justice Department will not be backing down. In January, South California medical marijuana dispensary operator, Aaron Sandusky, was sentenced to ten years in federal prison (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/09/aaron-sandusky-sentenced-marijuana-10-years-prison_n_2433827.html) for running a business deemed legal in his state since California legalized marijuana for qualified patients, caregivers, and collectives in 1996 and 2003.

Now, as the East Bay Express reported, “a new round of actions against lawful medical cannabis dispensaries in the South Bay” has begun following crackdowns in 2011:

Landlords are receiving threatening letters from US Attorney Melinda Haag, warning of forty-year-prison sentences if landlords do not evict their dispensary tenants…

In October 2011, Haag and three other US Attorneys declared war on California’s estimated $1.3 billion medical marijuana industry, threatening hundreds of landlords with forfeiture. Hundreds of dispensaries across the state moved or closed. Haag is attempting to seize Harborside Health Center in Oakland, as well as its sister club in San Jose.

Last year, California Gov. Jerry Brown asked the feds to call off their crackdown, saying California didn’t need “federal gendarmes” kicking in the doors of lawful businesses. In January, Assemblyman Tom Ammiano told a San Francisco crowd that Haag had “gone rogue,” adding, “I’m sorry a house fell on her sister,” alluding to the wicked witch in The Wizard of Oz. Last week, Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom called for decriminalizing, regulating, and taxing California’s multi-billion dollar marijuana industry.

The second term Obama administration was presented an aperture to push back against the ruinous war on drugs. The Department of Justice is choosing to continue to act against good reason and the general will.

CrazyPhuD
05-05-2013, 11:10 PM
U.S. Attorney is threatening the landlords housing medical marijuana dispensaries with 40 years in federal prison.

You see I wouldn't be incredibly against this if they weren't doing this....you want to go after the people running the dispensaries. Fine give them their day in court and we'll see where it goes. If you want to practice terroristic tactics and threaten everyone who rents to them, etc so that you run all of them out of business based upon instilling fear upon any who would work with them is excessive. Frankly the US attorney's need to be brought up on RICO charges but who would try them? At this point they are acting little better than common thugs.

Bump
05-06-2013, 11:11 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_MNX70BTwDM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

according to this man, weed saved his life.

According to our government. He deserves prison time.

Bump
05-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Bank$ters go free.
War profiteers go free.
Wall Street gamblers and thieves go free.
Torturers go free.

Weed farmers get 10 years. Despite the fact they are operating legally within their state laws.

This country is DISGUSTING.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/09/aaron-sandusky-sentenced-marijuana-10-years-prison_n_2433827.html

Fish
05-06-2013, 11:39 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_MNX70BTwDM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

according to this man, weed saved his life.

According to our government. He deserves prison time.

According to this dude at the bus stop yesterday, weed gives him X-ray vision and invulnerability to bullets....

LiveSteam
05-06-2013, 11:43 AM
According to this dude at the bus stop yesterday, weed gives him X-ray vision and invulnerability to bullets....

Thats not weed. thats ,that K-5 bullshit. Bad bad stuff Fish.

Bump
05-06-2013, 11:52 AM

I know it's frightening for people to think that the government has held weed down because of it's positives, not because of it's negatives, if there are any.

But lots of people are curing their own cancer with cannabis oil. It's quite amazing what this plant can do. But that's why the feds want it kept down. Having free and effective medicine is bad for them. Not to mention the hundreds of other great uses that this plant could bring to the table.

It's not something that you are going to see on fox news though. They don't want people knowing about this. But unfortunately, if it's not of fox news it's not real to most. Or CBS news if you are a follower of the other side.

Illegal because it can help people. That's disgusting to me.

Fish
05-06-2013, 11:59 AM
I know it's frightening for people to think that the government has held weed down because of it's positives, not because of it's negatives, if there are any.

But lots of people are curing their own cancer with cannabis oil. It's quite amazing what this plant can do. But that's why the feds want it kept down. Having free and effective medicine is bad for them. Not to mention the hundreds of other great uses that this plant could bring to the table.

It's not something that you are going to see on fox news though. They don't want people knowing about this. But unfortunately, if it's not of fox news it's not real to most. Or CBS news if you are a follower of the other side.

You're so full of shit...

Weed is definitely amazing, and has many positive uses. But curing cancer is not one of them. It's illegal because the "War on drugs" is big business.

Donger
05-06-2013, 12:04 PM

Would you be in favor of making pot legal with the caveat that the THC be removed? In other words, legal weed doesn't get one high.

The THC doesn't cure the cancer, right?

LiveSteam
05-06-2013, 12:04 PM
However, one of the first state laws outlawing marijuana may have been influenced, not just by Mexicans using the drug, but, oddly enough, because of Mormons using it. Mormons who traveled to Mexico in 1910 came back to Salt Lake City with marijuana. The church’s reaction to this may have contributed to the state’s marijuana law. (Note: the source for this speculation is from articles by Charles Whitebread, Professor of Law at USC Law School in a paper for the Virginia Law Review, and a speech to the California Judges Association (sourced below). Mormon blogger Ardis Parshall disputes this.)

Other states quickly followed suit with marijuana prohibition laws, including Wyoming (1915), Texas (1919), Iowa (1923), Nevada (1923), Oregon (1923), Washington (1923), Arkansas (1923), and Nebraska (1927). These laws tended to be specifically targeted against the Mexican-American population.

When Montana outlawed marijuana in 1927, the Butte Montana Standard reported a legislator’s comment: “When some beet field peon takes a few traces of this stuff… he thinks he has just been elected president of Mexico, so he starts out to execute all his political enemies.” In Texas, a senator said on the floor of the Senate: “All Mexicans are crazy, and this stuff [marijuana] is what makes them crazy.”

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-marijuana-illegal/

cosmo20002
05-06-2013, 12:17 PM

"Lots of people" = no one

Saying stuff like this hurts your cause.

Prison Bitch
05-06-2013, 12:22 PM
This is great stuff. The "party of science" has their own kooks claiming pot can cure cancer. And to think: we thought all the stupid people lived in rural America and liked Sarah Palin. That's what the media told us!

Bump
05-06-2013, 12:57 PM
You're so full of shit...

Weed is definitely amazing, and has many positive uses. But curing cancer is not one of them. It's illegal because the "War on drugs" is big business.

not on fox news yet?

Bump
05-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Anyways. I stand by my statement that weed is illegal because it's good for people and can help them in many different ways. (including fighting cancer)

Bump
05-06-2013, 01:07 PM
"Lots of people" = no one

Saying stuff like this hurts your cause.

Tommy Chong?

cosmo20002
05-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Tommy Chong?

What about him?

Comrade Crapski
05-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Our election process has become a farce no different than elections in bananna republics.

InChiefsHell
05-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Anyways. I stand by my statement that weed is illegal because it's good for people and can help them in many different ways. (including fighting cancer)

I'd like an answer to Donger's query...

Prison Bitch
05-06-2013, 01:24 PM

You're the Left's BucEyedPea

Bump
05-06-2013, 01:41 PM

I don't blindly follow either party, thanks. I'm not fooled by that bullshit.

Bump
05-06-2013, 01:42 PM

What's that? Do I think that if weed didn't get you high but can still help cancer patients and many others? Yes, I still would fight for that.

LOCOChief
05-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Pot didn’t cure my cancer of 31 years but sure as hell gave me the strength to continue the fight when my white cell count was so high I couldn’t receive treatment. In the 80’s and 90’s there wasn’t an effective anti nausea medication available. I wasn’t able to hold anything down without vomiting even if I had the appetite to eat in the first place. I missed dozens of treatments, battled pneumonia, shingles, constant pain, and the scariest part for me was that I started to lose the will to continue. I was 20 years old at the time and I remember it like it was yesterday, on a Saturday morning I received a letter a friend sent me, 2 joints enclosed. I had only touched the stuff once in HS and didn’t care for it. While my parents watched I walked out on the back deck, took a couple of hits walked back in the house and ate a huge breakfast with mom and dad then I played guitar the rest of the day. It was the first time I felt close to normal in almost 2 years.
After that mom ended up giving my brother $ periodically to get me the hook up.

I can’t say for sure, but I think that saved my life.

BucEyedPea
05-07-2013, 09:13 AM

I wouldn't answer any query by Donger...they're really statements. Best to ignore him.

Thatguy
05-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Love the right wing tears

BucEyedPea
05-07-2013, 09:15 AM

Says the authoritarian.

Brock
05-07-2013, 09:15 AM
This is great stuff. The "party of science" has their own kooks claiming pot can cure cancer. And to think: we thought all the stupid people lived in rural America and liked Sarah Palin. That's what the media told us!

Almost as good as the kooks who think it's harmful.

HonestChieffan
05-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Ban Tobacco.

Promote dope.

Odd people. Very.

King_Chief_Fan
05-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Almost as good as the kooks who think it's harmful.

and the science world says hi

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-166903/Cannabis-scientific-evidence-it.html

LOCOChief
05-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Some of the posts here make me think that folks might not be paying attention to the disclaimers for pharmaceutical ads.
Legalization might allow people to realize the medicinal benefits and cause big pharma to shit its collective pants and we certainly can’t have that can we?

BucEyedPea
05-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Some of the posts here make me think that folks might not be paying attention to the disclaimers for pharmaceutical ads.
Legalization might allow people to realize the medicinal benefits and cause big pharma to shit its collective pants and we certainly can’t have that can we?

I do. It's so bizarre, who is considered a legit authority.

Donger
05-07-2013, 09:57 AM

Wouldn't "Big Pharma" just start growing and supplying pot in the event that it is legalized nationwide? It's just another drug.

Donger
05-07-2013, 09:58 AM
What's that? Do I think that if weed didn't get you high but can still help cancer patients and many others? Yes, I still would fight for that.

Cool, thanks for the answer.

BucEyedPea
05-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Wouldn't "Big Pharma" just start growing and supplying pot in the event that it is legalized nationwide? It's just another drug.

Should it become legal, they will get into the business—or be left behind. At least for medicinal use.
The beer, wine and alcohol industry will sell it for other reasons.

Brock
05-07-2013, 10:03 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-166903/Cannabis-scientific-evidence-it.html

Is this where I'm supposed to post any one of thousands of articles debunking yours? Not really interested. Though I will admit to a good laugh out of your article's claim that pot is as addictive as heroin.

BigChiefTablet
05-07-2013, 10:07 AM

I'm sure they would. But they can't patent a weed.

LOCOChief
05-07-2013, 10:10 AM

Who would pay those exorbitant prices when we can grow it ourselves?

Donger
05-07-2013, 10:14 AM

Good point.

cosmo20002
05-07-2013, 10:27 AM
I'm sure they would. But they can't patent a weed.

Yeah they can. If they develop a new one.

Donger
05-07-2013, 10:31 AM

Being completely unaware of what is involved (cost wise) in growing pot, but couldn't the argument be made that people can homebrew beer (for example), but most don't because it's more expensive than just going to the store?

Brock
05-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Being completely unaware of what is involved (cost wise) in growing pot, but couldn't the argument be made that people can homebrew beer (for example), but most don't because it's more expensive than just going to the store?

It's cheap to grow.

Donger
05-07-2013, 10:36 AM
It's cheap to grow.

Just looked it up. $50 to $300/month, which is indoors I guess.

Brock
05-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Just looked it up. $50 to $300/month, which is indoors I guess.

Those are professionals.

LOCOChief
05-07-2013, 10:43 AM

lol,Have you never had anykind of plant? sunlight + water

LOCOChief
05-07-2013, 10:47 AM
I don't know why but picturing Donger taking care of a plant is funny. Don't try talking to it.

Bump
05-07-2013, 10:53 AM

dude, that site is complete bullshit. Propaganda. There is nothing backing any of those statements up and those myths have been debunked long time ago.

King_Chief_Fan
05-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Is this where I'm supposed to post any one of thousands of articles debunking yours? Not really interested. Though I will admit to a good laugh out of your article's claim that pot is as addictive as heroin.

true, we could do the back and forth all day I am sure.
just thought I would post what scientist say.

Could it be that science isn't accurate:p

King_Chief_Fan
05-07-2013, 10:55 AM
dude, that site is complete bullshit. Propaganda. There is nothing backing any of those statements up and those myths have been debunked long time ago.

yeah I know, dope smokers say that all the time:p

Brock
05-07-2013, 10:56 AM

Ironic that you all of a sudden are interested in what scientists say.

Bump
05-07-2013, 10:57 AM
yeah I know, dope smokers say that all the time:p

and Jesus rode dinosaurs

http://www.dailysquib.co.uk/most-popular/1236-scientists-prove-jesus-walked-with-dinosaurs.html

King_Chief_Fan
05-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Ironic that you all of a sudden are interested in what scientists say.

it is interesting isn't it....so many have been trying to convince me about science and as soon as I use it...science sucks

I am not anti science, I am like you, it works when it serves my purpose

Brock
05-07-2013, 11:04 AM
it is interesting isn't it....so many have been trying to convince me about science and as soon as I use it...science sucks

Try and come up with some current material that wasn't written in the Nixon administration.

Donger
05-07-2013, 11:07 AM
lol,Have you never had anykind of plant? sunlight + water

Of course. I grow aloe and jade plants, mostly.

King_Chief_Fan
05-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Try and come up with some current material that wasn't written in the Nixon administration.

well, if you have more recent information to the contrary, you know from a medical or science perspective, fill us in.

Donger
05-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Those are professionals.

Really? I thought grow lamps were required for growing pot inside? If so, that's a cost even for an amateur.

Radar Chief
05-07-2013, 11:14 AM

"As addictive as heroin", seriously? No one with a shred of common sense believes that.
Know what happens to a pot head when he runs out of pot? He's bummed out until he can score some more.
Know what happens to a heroin addict when they run out of heroin? Shakes, vomiting, fever, all of which can be bad enough to actually kill a person.
There is no comparison between the two.

Radar Chief
05-07-2013, 11:19 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uUPHlAbAf2I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cosmo20002
05-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Legalize it!

/Cheetos and burrito industries

philfree
05-07-2013, 11:36 AM
"As addictive as heroin", seriously? No one with a shred of common sense believes that.
Know what happens to a pot head when he runs out of pot? He's bummed out until he can score some more.
Know what happens to a heroin addict when they run out of heroin? Shakes, vomiting, fever, all of which can be bad enough to actually kill a person.

If you're addicted to heroine and just quit you die. You quit smoking pot and maybe you don't sleep so good.

Cannibal
05-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Pot will be legalized when the baby boomers are in the dirt. Won't be too much longer.

Cannibal
05-07-2013, 11:42 AM

Ha, good post.

nstygma
05-07-2013, 12:25 PM
It's illegal because the "War on drugs" is big business.
Pot will be legalized when the baby boomers are in the dirt. Won't be too much longer.i think it's more about money, and less about baby boomers. i don't expect to see it legalized on the federal level, ever.

Bump
05-07-2013, 12:29 PM
i think it's more about money, and less about baby boomers. i don't expect to see it legalized on the federal level, ever.

they are going to have to at some point when it's 'officially' discovered of the benefits to this plant. There's no stopping it in the age of information. It's just a matter of time.

They will have to explain at some point as to WHY, why have they kept it down for so long? Once the knowledge is out there, people are going to ask why have they kept this wonder plant from us?

Donger
05-07-2013, 12:30 PM
they are going to have to at some point when it's 'officially' discovered of the benefits to this plant. There's no stopping it in the age of information. It's just a matter of time.

They will have to explain at some point as to WHY, why have they kept it down for so long? Once the knowledge is out there, people are going to ask why have they kept this wonder plant from us?

LMAO

Comrade Crapski
05-07-2013, 12:32 PM
they are going to have to at some point when it's 'officially' discovered of the benefits to this plant.

If you want marijuana legalized, stop endorsing it. You're not exactly a shining example of it's "benefits".

Mr. Flopnuts
05-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Cool, thanks for the answer.

I quit smoking the stuff months and months ago. It started making me paranoid, who signs up for that? That said, I think it should absolutely be legal. The people of Washington voted. It's time to see if the state legislature is going to fight this like they said they would.

Fairplay
05-07-2013, 12:34 PM

It's like holding back the cure for cancer or the fountain of youth away from the public.

LOCOChief
05-07-2013, 12:35 PM

Well bud I wish this was true and we had that kind of accountability but our government doesn't work that way.

There might not be a way to stop information but they can change it, discredit the information, render it hogwash. They've poisoned the well for years and have it down pat.

Donger
05-07-2013, 12:36 PM
I quit smoking the stuff months and months ago. It started making me paranoid, who signs up for that? That said, I think it should absolutely be legal. The people of Washington voted. It's time to see if the state legislature is going to fight this like they said they would.

I don't think you're the only one it made paranoid...

We're going through the same thing here in Colorado, of course. Just passed the limit for driving today (5 nanograms or more of THC per milliliter of blood).

And, they are looking to tax it at ~20%

LMAO

That's going to piss off the stoners.

King_Chief_Fan
05-07-2013, 12:42 PM
If you want marijuana legalized, stop endorsing it. You're not exactly a shining example of it's "benefits".

ouch, that is going to leave a mark

philfree
05-07-2013, 12:43 PM
I don't think you're the only one it made paranoid...

We're going through the same thing here in Colorado, of course. Just passed the limit for driving today (5 nanograms or more of THC per milliliter of blood).

And, they are looking to tax it at ~20%

LMAO

That's going to piss off the stoners.

Yeah taxes will keep the black market happy. How are they going to know if it's legal bud or not? I've seen the containers it comes in with the label and you can put any bud you want in it after you've smoked what was originally in it.

I just wish they would let me grow two plants in my backyard this summer. Obama should love that idea. Keep everyone stoned, at home and on the welfare.

philfree
05-07-2013, 12:44 PM

I always figured the paranoia was because it was illegal.

Fish
05-07-2013, 12:49 PM

The Dailymail is not science. That article was pure bullshit, and I'm not trying to defend weed by saying that. Just because some goofy article contains the words "Scientists claim..", that doesn't make it science carried out by actual scientists.

If you really want to use science to make your point, find scientific articles that have been peer reviewed, and contain sources for their claims.

loochy
05-07-2013, 01:06 PM
The Dailymail is not science. That article was pure bullshit, and I'm not trying to defend weed by saying that. Just because some goofy article contains the words "Scientists claim..", that doesn't make it science carried out by actual scientists.

If you really want to use science to make your point, find scientific articles that have been peer reviewed, and contain sources for their claims.

Bump is a terrific source. You should use his unbiased scientific discoveries.

nstygma
05-07-2013, 01:10 PM
yes, this plant is what we need to worry about

False drug test prompts fruitless raid of Leawood home (http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/region_kansas/johnson_county/false-drug-test-prompts-wrongful-raid-of-leawood-home)

Ex-CIA agents sue after JoCo home targeted in fruitless 4/20 pot raid (http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/state/kansas/ex-cia-agents-sue-after-joco-home-targeted-in-fruitless-420-pot-raid)

apparently the Highway Patrol runs surveillance on Green Circle Hydroponics off Metcalf and will investigate people who enter the store.

cosmo20002
05-07-2013, 01:53 PM

I agree that it should be legal, or at least heavily de-criminalized, and legalizing for true medicinal purposes should be a no-brainer. But it is pretty funny to see you, and some others, go on and on about all the "benefits."

You just want it to be easier to get stoned. That's fine, but you're not fooling anyone.

LOCOChief
05-07-2013, 01:58 PM
I agree that it should be legal, or at least heavily de-criminalized, and legalizing for true medicinal purposes should be a no-brainer. But it is pretty funny to see you, and some others, go on and on about all the "benefits."

You just want it to be easier to get stoned. That's fine, but you're not fooling anyone.

I don't smoke it anymore and there were definately benefits for me during the period I did consume. I know plenty of others that aren't recreational or habitual users that experienced the same benefits.

cosmo20002
05-07-2013, 01:59 PM
I don't smoke it anymore and there were definately benefits for me during the period I did consume. I know plenty of others that aren't recreational or habitual users that experienced the same benefits.

Like what?

LOCOChief
05-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Like what?

wut? see post #28

LiveSteam
05-07-2013, 02:10 PM
wut? see post #28

WOW!

Bump
05-07-2013, 02:14 PM

I stand up for human rights and equality. Always have.

But of course I dream of the day I can walk into a store and buy great quality weed. Who wouldn't want that?

Bump
05-07-2013, 02:17 PM

I'm pretty sure that he is a troll, throwing jesus in our face, maybe he has an agenda to make religious people look stupid? By acting like a stereotypical, god fearing midwestern hick.

I like it.

cosmo20002
05-07-2013, 02:20 PM
wut? see post #28

Medicinal purposes--I acknowledged that. I'm just saying that if your main purpose is recreational use, like Bump, don't go on pretending that your main conern has to do with helping cancer patients--because that can be accomplished without making recreational use legal.

LOCOChief
05-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Medicinal purposes--I acknowledged that. I'm just saying that if your main purpose is recreational use, like Bump, don't go on pretending that your main conern has to do with helping cancer patients--because that can be accomplished without making recreational use legal.

I agree. What I don't agree with is the reason it is illegal at all and it's classification.

Donger
05-07-2013, 02:26 PM
But of course I dream of the day I can walk into a store and buy great quality weed. Who wouldn't want that?

Me.

LiveSteam
05-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Me.

Why?

Donger
05-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Why?

I don't see the need to legalize yet another drug.

LiveSteam
05-07-2013, 02:31 PM

I dnt wanna see coke,meth,heroin ect legal. But pot? I think the good far out ways the bad IMO

Donger
05-07-2013, 02:36 PM
I dnt wanna see coke,meth,heroin ect legal. But pot? I think the good far out ways the bad IMO

To which good are you referring?

Donger
05-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Sweet! Colorado Senate passes a 25% tax rate on recreational weed.

LMAO

Bump
05-07-2013, 02:39 PM

I'm not name calling. I'm stating a fact.

You are ignorant.

BucEyedPea
05-07-2013, 02:40 PM

So many smoke it now, that the law needs to follow such a change. It's not stopping anyone. It just makes criminals out of people who are not real criminals.

And I don't smoke it or think it's that great for you either.

Donger
05-07-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm not name calling. I'm stating a fact.

You are ignorant.

Huh? Are you attempting to state that cannabis is NOT a drug?

BucEyedPea
05-07-2013, 02:41 PM

Yeah, like caffeine, nicotine and alcohol that has medicinal effects.

I guess you want to pay for all those people who smoke or use in prison.

Bump
05-07-2013, 02:44 PM

You have proven that you are either unable or unwilling to learn nor have any compassion towards people. You ignore facts and obviously don't have the ability of critical thought. There is no point in speaking with you any further about any subject.

Donger
05-07-2013, 02:46 PM
You have proven that you are either unable or unwilling to learn nor have any compassion towards people. You ignore facts and obviously don't have the ability of critical thought. There is no point in speaking with you any further about any subject.

Really? Okay. I'm not the one who apparently thinks that cannabis isn't a drug.

BucEyedPea
05-07-2013, 02:46 PM

Smart decision and good observations too.

loochy
05-07-2013, 02:51 PM
So many smoke it now, that the law needs to follow such a change. It's not stopping anyone. It just makes criminals out of people who are not real criminals.

Hey let's all start stealing fancy cars. If we steal enough cars, then the law needs to follow such a change. It just makes criminals out of people who are not real criminals.

cosmo20002
05-07-2013, 02:56 PM

The law should chnage, but this is really stupid reasoning.

LiveSteam
05-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Sweet! Colorado Senate passes a 25% tax rate on recreational weed.

LMAO

This right here for starters. State tax

Frazod
05-07-2013, 03:02 PM
The law should chnage, but this is really stupid reasoning.

What she said makes perfect sense, you fucking tool.

How much rent to you charge BEP to live in your head?

LiveSteam
05-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Really? Okay. I'm not the one who apparently thinks that cannabis isn't a drug.

Its not addictive. I have had to stop 3 times for well over a year each time, Custody battles. I've' never had to over work. I own my biz

Donger
05-07-2013, 03:03 PM
This right here for starters. State tax

Sure, if the stoners actually choose to buy it legally.

BucEyedPea
05-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Hey let's all start stealing fancy cars. If we steal enough cars, then the law needs to follow such a change. It just makes criminals out of people who are not real criminals.

No, because stealing something is morally wrong and harms someone. Not the same category of thing.
It's like saying white bread isn't good for you, make it illegal.

Smoking pot may not be good for those who choose to smoke it ( aside from medicinal use), but it's not taking something from another what doesn't belong to them, nor is it a moral wrong or a real crime.

But hey, we let the government steal for some people, and that's legal, so maybe I'm wrong.

Donger
05-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Its not addictive. I have had to stop 3 times for well over a year each time, Custody battles. I've' never had to over work. I own my biz

Okay, so you are also claiming that cannabis is not a drug?

LiveSteam
05-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Okay, so you are also claiming that cannabis is not a drug?

No I wouldn't go that far.

BucEyedPea
05-07-2013, 03:06 PM
What she said makes perfect sense, you ****ing tool.

How much rent to you charge BEP to live in your head?

My mom always told me boys like that, are secretly in love with me. :p

Donger
05-07-2013, 03:06 PM
No I wouldn't go that far.

Darn, I guess you are ignorant, too.

LMAO

Brock
05-07-2013, 03:07 PM

New drugs are legalized every day. We have decades worth of evidence that it has benefits and minimal risks. So we need to go ahead and override your objections.

Donger
05-07-2013, 03:10 PM
New drugs are legalized every day. We have decades worth of evidence that it has benefits and minimal risks. So we need to go ahead and override your objections.

I think the middle sentence is debatable, but meh.

LiveSteam
05-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Darn, I guess you are ignorant, too.

LMAO

Go eat a bottle of Tylenol. :p

Fruit Ninja
05-07-2013, 03:19 PM
i dont smoke, but i got me a plant in the back that i just started, because its a great looking plant.

Loneiguana
05-07-2013, 08:04 PM
I'd pay taxes (even 25 percent) on weed for the ability to drive down to the local store (or weed shop) and pick up a bag. A bag I had reasonable belief to be unmolested weed, because you can never be sure of the black market. Weed can get coated in bad stuff. (Sometimes Meth has been sprayed onto K-2 or whatever you want to call synthetic MJ).

I'd pay taxes for a bag with a reasonable belief in quality for what you pay for and weighed correctly.

I'd pay taxes to never have to walk into a shady house, where other substances I don't want to be involved with are sometimes present.

I'd pay taxes to keep my money in my community. I'd pay taxes so money will stop being spend in the criminal system to fight it.

LiveSteam
05-08-2013, 10:56 PM
I'd pay taxes (even 25 percent) on weed for the ability to drive down to the local store (or weed shop) and pick up a bag. A bag I had reasonable belief to be unmolested weed, because you can never be sure of the black market. Weed can get coated in bad stuff. (Sometimes Meth has been sprayed onto K-2 or whatever you want to call synthetic MJ).

I'd pay taxes for a bag with a reasonable belief in quality for what you pay for and weighed correctly.

I'd pay taxes to never have to walk into a shady house, where other substances I don't want to be involved with are sometimes present.

I'd pay taxes to keep my money in my community. I'd pay taxes so money will stop being spend in the criminal system to fight it.

Me to

rabblerouser
05-09-2013, 05:53 AM

Yeah - and Obama is more interested in helping those too stupid to do anything legally...

Prison Bitch
05-09-2013, 08:14 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDyDLuYm6jhCW4vv3Y0CB81VdUMpXMxBzQB4f71ikbYqyTIGHfoA

Bump
05-10-2013, 12:10 AM
So I guess this is the compromise

Driving under the influence of marijuana is now prohibited in Colorado. Drivers with 5 milligrams or more of THC per milliliter of blood will be considered too high to drive.

That means you can't drive for about 48 hours after a toke.

Ya, real nice. Everybody there is going to get DUI's, that fixes everything.

cosmo20002
05-10-2013, 08:00 AM

Driving under the influence of marijuana is now prohibited in Colorado. Drivers with 5 milligrams or more of THC per milliliter of blood will be considered too high to drive.

Where would you have to go? Just buy your Cheetos and burritos beforehand and you're set for a few days.

Donger
05-10-2013, 08:55 AM

The Colorado limit is based on active THC, as I understand it.

HonestChieffan
05-10-2013, 09:00 AM
The Colorado limit is based on active THC, as I understand it.

How do they detect it? Is there like a breathalyzer for dope?

King_Chief_Fan
05-10-2013, 10:07 AM

drive a car, drive a truck, drive a back hoe, operate machinery shouldn't be restricted after a dope, dopes himself up?

Bump
05-10-2013, 10:17 AM
drive a car, drive a truck, drive a back hoe, operate machinery shouldn't be restricted after a dope, dopes himself up?

24-48 hours after?

HonestChieffan
05-10-2013, 10:47 AM

thats when the fun starts when the potheads wake up fired.

CrazyPhuD
05-10-2013, 11:50 AM
How do they detect it? Is there like a breathalyzer for dope?

They hand suspected DUIers a bag of cheetos....if they finish it in under 30 seconds they go to jail.

nstygma
05-10-2013, 11:11 PM
this MMJ Card-carrying Honolulu Police Officer who was busted growing cannabis, ended up going to federal prison

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/puwkx7DCriM?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

edit: he got 7 months in prison

HONOLULU —

A Honolulu police officer has pleaded guilty in an indoor marijuana-growing operation, saying it was his girlfriend who got him into the mess that will cost him his job.

Michael Steven Chu said in federal court Thursday that it was his girlfriend who got him involved in growing and selling marijuana. “She was the one and I was helping her,” he said in court, pleading guilty to conspiring to cultivate 48 plants and to possess with intent to distribute 49 pounds of processed marijuana, The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reported (http://ow.ly/cIRKg ).

Girlfriend Athena Sui Lee pleaded guilty earlier this week and said Chu wanted to treat her health ailments in a legal way, which is why they had a medical marijuana card. Chu said he planned to sell some of the marijuana and use some for his back.

Chu is on unpaid leave, the Honolulu Police Department said.

They each face maximum five-year prison terms. After Chu is sentenced in December, he will be a convicted felon prohibited from possessing a firearm, making him ineligible to be a police officer.

In the meantime, federal public defender Sean Coutain said, Chu can return to work next week if the court amends the conditions of his release on bond. If he returns to work, he’ll be placed on restricted duty.

According to his plea agreement, Lee arranged for about 14 pounds of marijuana to be shipped from California by Federal Express to the Honolulu apartment where Chu lived and that Chu helped her maintain an indoor marijuana-growing operation.

Federal agents intercepted the package, which contained seven juvenile marijuana plants. While agents were executing a search warrant in April at the apartment, Chu showed up carrying nutrients and materials used for growing, while Lee had a bag with about $12,000 cash in $2,000 bundles.

Agents also found the couple was growing marijuana at a Mililani home, which was the address listed on the medical marijuana card.

Bump
05-11-2013, 11:35 AM
prison time for growing a helpful plant. Sad state we live in.

Although, it kinda seems dumb to me to try and fed ex 14 lbs of weed knowing that our government views this plant as a terrible threat to their agenda.

King_Chief_Fan
05-12-2013, 06:39 AM
prison time for growing a helpful plant. Sad state we live in.

Although, it kinda seems dumb to me to try and fed ex 14 lbs of weed knowing that our government views this plant as a terrible threat to their agenda.

did you post this 24-48 hours AFTER you doped yourself up?

Bump
05-12-2013, 11:22 AM
did you post this 24-48 hours AFTER you doped yourself up?

did you go to church this morning and give jesus your money?

trndobrd
05-12-2013, 11:52 AM
I know it's not just Obama. He's just a puppet for a bigger force.

Whatever. He still says, **** your votes people! The people voted. The government says, **** your votes. That's not very democratic is it? That's more of a dictatorship if you ask me.

Everytime Obama says **** your votes. I'm posting it here. Think about all of those tax dollars being spent to raid legally operating businesses over a plant that helps people.

This is a great example of why your votes do not matter one bit. Only the elite has a say in anything.

I get the pot thing, but what does Obama have to do with Scott Pioli?

Bump
05-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Some weak sauce propaganda from some Mass Medical Society Blog. Did the marathon bombers bomb that shit because they were high??? or experiencing weed withdrawals?

Some people (like a lot of you here) will read that and say 'you know what, that doctor is right, marijuana is totally the reason why this happened! OMG'

http://blog.massmed.org/index.php/2013/05/is-there-a-marathon-marijuana-connection/

The news media has reported over and over that the 19-year-old marathon bombing suspect had a penchant for “smoking weed.” Is it possible that abuse of marijuana had anything to do with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s breaking evil? I believe that it may have been one of many factors that contributed to the evil-doing that wreaked havoc on our beloved Boston Marathon.

Numerous acquaintances of Dzhokhar describe the suspected bomber as something of a “stoner.” If he was getting high on a daily or near-daily basis, then he most certainly had THC in his brain at the time of the bombing.

On the other hand, when a chronic marijuana abuser decides to go clean, it can take 6 to 12 weeks for the THC to leave his system. As THC levels drop, chronic users can become anxious and irritable. Perhaps low-grade withdrawal symptoms played a role in irrational decision making.

But if chronic or intermittent pot-smoking remained in the picture until Patriots Day, then perhaps this most profoundly misguided of decisions was influenced by the suspect’s being under the influence. Heavy marijuana users shed IQ points, and don’t think as clearly as they did before they started bathing their brains in THC, which is there around-the-clock because of its ultra-long half-life.

Much of the reporting indicates that Dzhokhar functioned at a higher level in high school than he did in college. If so, marijuana may have played a role in “dumbing him down.” His academics may have suffered, and, in the words of his own uncle, he became, “a loser.” It isn’t easy to tolerate going from being a winner to being a loser. A pot-addled loser, with parents half a world away, might be particularly at risk for coming under the influence of a simplistic, radical ideology, foisted upon him by a domineering older brother.

Although there is a chilling and slightly bizarre quality to some of Dzhokhar’s final Tweets, none of the reported material presented to date suggests what we psychiatrists refer to as overt psychosis. But the kind of disturbed, paranoid thinking sometimes induced by chronic marijuana abuse, may be subtle, and this, too, may have been a factor that contributed to the Patriot’s Day outrage.

Today’s marijuana has a very high THC content and young people who are chronic smokers may experience cognitive dulling and delayed neurodevelopment. Take parents out of the picture, add a radicalized fundamentalist authority figure, and throw in readily available online recipes for small weapons of mass destruction, and voila: Evil incarnate emerges.

Here in Massachusetts, where the medical use of marijuana has been recently approved by the voting public, we physicians should take pause. There is no medical evidence to support prescribing medical marijuana – it is a potentially harmful, addictive psychoactive substance that may contribute to a host of difficulties in the brains of developing teenagers, young adults, and others with risk factors for a variety of psychiatric and addictive disorders.

LiveSteam
05-14-2013, 04:15 PM
did you go to church this morning and give jesus your money?

LMAOLMAO

Bump
05-18-2013, 10:56 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/im2R6xCGEFM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pretty good video. Of course it's not Fox News so I already know it has no value to most here. But I found it interesting.

Bump
05-20-2013, 12:44 PM
double post

King_Chief_Fan
05-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Some people (like a lot of you here) will read that and say 'you know what, that doctor is right, marijuana is totally the reason why this happened! OMG'.

while I highly doubt it caused him to bomb anything, it may have caused him to think he was invincible....or was it invisble?:)

Bump
05-20-2013, 04:07 PM
anyways.

People with epilepsy could greatly benefit from this plant. But our federal government would say they deserve prison time. When people realize how badly they are getting fucked, I mean depriving people of practically free medicine so they have to go to hospitals and pay $200 for a bottle of pills with horrible side effects. It's criminal and the people who fight this plant, the war on marijuana, those people are the ones who deserve prison time. It's immoral and unacceptable.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep/13/local/la-me-customized-marijuana-20120914

MODESTO —Topamax. Depakote. Phenobarbital. The list goes on. Before Jayden David turned 5, he had tried a dozen powerful medications to tame a rare form of epilepsy. The side effects were devastating.

There were grand mal seizures that lasted more than an hour. Hundreds of times a day, muscle twitches contorted his impish face.

"If he wasn't sleeping, he was seizing," said Jayden's father, Jason David.

PHOTOS: Treating son's epilepsy

Feeling helpless, David said, he contemplated suicide. He prayed. Then one day he heard about a teenager who was expelled from school for using marijuana to help control seizures.

So began the pair's journey into California's medical cannabis culture.

In the 14 months since, the little boy has been swallowing droppers full of a solution made mostly of cannabidiol, or CBD, the second most prominent of marijuana's 100 or so cannabinoids. Unlike the dominant THC, cannabidiol is not psychoactive, so the sweet-tasting infusion Jayden takes four times a day doesn't make him high.

Down from 22 prescription pills per day to four, he now eats solid food, responds to his father's incessant requests for kisses and dances in his Modesto living room to the "Yo Gabba Gabba!" theme song. The frequency and intensity of his seizures have been greatly reduced.

But this summer, federal prosecutors moved to close Oakland's Harborside Health Center — the nation's largest dispensary and the place David has relied on most for help.

The public debate over medical marijuana — which violates federal law but is legal in California, 17 other states and the District of Columbia — for the most part has pitted those who praise its health benefits against those who say it is merely an excuse to get high. Lost in the discussion has been the fact that marijuana has myriad components that affect the body in a number of ways.

CBD, for instance, was virtually bred out of U.S. plants decades ago by growers whose customers preferred the mind-altering properties of high-THC varietals. Yet it is experiencing a resurgence, having shown promise as an anti-inflammatory, anticonvulsant, neuroprotectant and cancer-fighting agent.

"Nobody is going to a dispensary for this to get high," said Martin Lee, a Bay Area writer who has reported on cannabidiol for years. "With CBD, it's clear that it's just about medicine."

::

A photo in the kitchen shows a beaming David nuzzled up against his newborn son. But the family's joy soon clouded. Jayden had his first grand mal at 4 1/2 months. The muscle jerks followed, as did seizures that cause sudden collapse.

At 1 1/2, the blue-eyed boy was diagnosed with Dravet syndrome, a form of infant epilepsy described in medical literature as catastrophic — and potentially fatal.

David and Jayden's mother, whose marriage failed under the stress, consulted top experts, resulting in "more drugs and more ambulance trips," David said.

By late 2010, Jayden had tried 11 medications. The 12th was stiripentol, hailed as a potential Dravet breakthrough. But after six months, Jayden's seizures and side effects were worse. David said his son rarely responded to those around him, had difficulty chewing and often screamed in fear.

"I was going crazy," David said. The onetime jewelry store manager recalled stepping out onto his front lawn in April 2011 to make a phone call: "Mom," he said. "I'm going to shoot myself in the head. I can't stand seeing him this way."

That Sunday, David, a devout Assyrian Christian, and his girlfriend brought Jayden to their parish. "We were asking God for signs," David said.

The TV news story David saw the next day about the epileptic teenager seemed to offer one. Scouring the Internet, he came across decades of research documenting the therapeutic effects of CBD.

It has been shown to relieve, among other things, spasms from multiple sclerosis, anxiety and symptoms of schizophrenia. Animal studies related to the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, Alzheimer's, and cancer have proved encouraging.

In an application for a patent awarded in 2003, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services deemed non-psychoactive cannabinoids "particularly advantageous to use" as antioxidants and neuroprotectants because they can be administered in high doses without risk of toxicity.

As for epilepsy, tales of cannabis use date to ancient Chinese and Ayurvedic traditions.

Studies have shown THC is "overwhelmingly anticonvulsant" in animals, said Dr. Ben Whalley, a researcher at Britain's University of Reading, but CBD and some other non-psychoactive cannabinoids have shown similar effects without the mind-altering downside.

In a human trial during the 1970s, researchers found that four of the eight subjects who received large doses of CBD remained almost free of epileptic seizures, while three others improved. More recently, Whalley and his colleagues published results of an animal study that strongly supported CBD "as a therapeutic candidate for a diverse range of human epilepsies."

Bump
05-20-2013, 04:15 PM
I started smoking weed about 5 years ago.

Haven't been ill once in those 5 years. Not one fever or any illness. I get a cold here and there, but that would always go away the next day or 2 and wouldn't keep me from work or anything.

There are also reports coming out on how this plant can practically prevent diabetes too, which is another reason the gov't keeps this plant down.

It sickens me that they keep this plant down. I stand up for human rights.

Donger
05-20-2013, 04:22 PM
LMAO

Brock
05-20-2013, 04:23 PM
I remember you before you started smoking pot, and I have to say that it didn't make you smarter.

cosmo20002
05-20-2013, 06:42 PM
I started smoking weed about 5 years ago.

Haven't been ill once in those 5 years. Not one fever or any illness. I get a cold here and there, but that would always go away the next day or 2 and wouldn't keep me from work or anything.

There are also reports coming out on how this plant can practically prevent diabetes too, which is another reason the gov't keeps this plant down.

It sickens me that they keep this plant down. I stand up for human rights.

I don't question that you sincerely want sick people to have access for medicinal reasons. But your main interest is for you to be able to get baked legally. Let's just be up front about that.

RNR
05-20-2013, 07:03 PM
I don't question that you sincerely want sick people to have access for medicinal reasons. But your main interest is for you to be able to get baked legally. Let's just be up front about that.

That is one of the things I find humorous that this is the angle played by most users. As you point out the main reason is to get high. Why they just don't be up front that they see no reason why it cannot be used recreationally. For the record I have no issue with it being legalized even though I do not use it~

Bump
05-20-2013, 07:05 PM

that is not the main reason. I see this injustice and it gets to me. I see people being imprisoned because they are trying to help others and the only reason is greed. My mother could use this plant, I think it would help her greatly but she's old fashioned and lives in Kansas, so there's no chance that she will ever get to have this medicine even though I know it could help her a lot.

I do want the right to be able to go into a store and buy this plant, absolutely. That's a right anybody should have, but it is not my main motive. I still buy the plant regardless of the law.

With that being said, I've been weed free for 2 weeks now. Addicting? nope. I like to take a month or 2 off every now and then.

cosmo20002
05-20-2013, 07:27 PM
that is not the main reason. I see this injustice and it gets to me. I see people being imprisoned because they are trying to help others and the only reason is greed. My mother could use this plant, I think it would help her greatly but she's old fashioned and lives in Kansas, so there's no chance that she will ever get to have this medicine even though I know it could help her a lot.

You can't give Mom the hook-up?

Bump
05-27-2013, 07:49 PM
http://www.naturalnews.com/040456_marijuana_cannabinoids_dementia.html

Marijuana cannabinoids slow brain degradation and aging, reverse dementia: here's how

The human brain contains an extensive network of special receptor sites that modulate nervous system function only when activated by the appropriate cannabinoid compounds, many of which are found in abundance in the marijuana plant. And emerging research continues to uncover the unique role these cannabinoids play in protecting brain function, which in turn helps deter the aging process and even reverse the damaging effects of Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia and cognitive abnormality.

One of the latest discoveries concerning cannabinoids involves their ability to act as antioxidants in the brain. Researchers from Germany found that the brain's cannabinoid system is fully capable of not only cleansing damaged brain cells from the brain, but also triggering the production of new brain cells within the brain, a concept that contradicts years of conventional thinking about how the brain works. Cannabinoids also supercharge mitochondria in the brain, which are the powerhouses of energy that maintain proper cell function.

Published in the journal Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, these discoveries shed new insight on how natural marijuana cannabinoids hold the capacity to literally quell the brain inflammation responsible for causing cognitive decline, neural failure, and brain degeneration. By supplying these receptor sites with cannabinoids, patients may be able to overcome brain conditions like Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease, and many other conditions, not to mention premature brain aging, all conditions for which modern science has failed to find real solutions.

"I've been trying to find a drug that will reduce brain inflammation and restore cognitive function in rats for over 25 years; cannabinoids are the first and only class of drugs that have ever been effective," said Gary Wenk, a professor of neuroscience, immunology and medical genetics at Ohio State University (OSU) who helped with the research. "I think that the perception about this drug is changing and in the future people will be less fearful," he added, referencing the fact that marijuana is still viewed mostly negatively by many people.

Marijuana cannabinoids help restore the body's own natural cellular abilities

Ever since researchers first discovered the existence of cannabinoid receptor systems in rat brains back in 1988, independent scientists largely unconcerned with the stigma of marijuana have been gradually forming a piecemeal understanding of how the system works, and how cannabinoids can help prevent and reverse all sorts of chronic conditions that result from a lack of these important compounds. Today, marijuana research is moving forward more strongly than ever, and this taboo plant is finally receiving proper recognition as the medical "superfood" that it truly is.

"Cannabis actually goes upstream, it provides feedback from the postsynaptic nerve to the presynaptic nerve, which is unheard of in neural chemistry," explains Dr. William Courtney, founder of the Cannabis International Foundation (CIF), which is actively working to consolidate all available and relevant science on marijuana's medical uses for the purpose of promoting a reformation in health maintenance, restoration, and wellness around the world.

"The phytocannabinoids from this plant augment the body's attempt to restore an increased function to a normal level. So [marijuana cannabinoids] mimic the regulatory system of cellular physiology."

You can learn more about the work of CIF, as well as watch a 15-minute introductory video into the group's work, entitled Leaf, by visiting: http://www.cannabisinternational.org/

Bump
05-27-2013, 07:49 PM
inb4 Donger and crew respond:

'ROFL'

nstygma
05-27-2013, 08:06 PM

'ROFL'a little soon to be jumping to conclusions; it hasn't been peer reviewed by 2400 independent scientists yet.

Donger
05-27-2013, 08:14 PM

'ROFL'

I'll be happy to review any and all research of you know, doctors and scientists, who claim that pot is a wonder drug.

You?

Not so much.

King_Chief_Fan
05-28-2013, 06:49 AM

I do want the right to be able to go into a store and buy this plant, absolutely. That's a right anybody should have, but it is not my main motive. I still buy the plant regardless of the law.

With that being said, I've been weed free for 2 weeks now. Addicting? nope. I like to take a month or 2 off every now and then.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: some of the most funny crap you have ever posted

blaise
05-28-2013, 07:03 AM
It's funny when a complete moron keeps talking about how pot doesn't make you dumb.

Bump
05-28-2013, 10:24 AM
:LOL::LOL::LOL: some of the most funny crap you have ever posted

it's funny because it's true I guess.

blaise
05-28-2013, 10:38 AM
bump talking about the benefits of weed is like Mark Mangino talking about the benefits of hamburgers.

mlyonsd
05-28-2013, 02:11 PM

Would your mom get suspicious if you started making 'brownies' for her?