PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Obama To Grads: Reject Voices That Warn About Government Tyranny

BucEyedPea
05-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Just WoW! Loneiguana must be thrilled.

Wonder if Prison Bitch might see secession valid now! :p

RESIDENT OBAMA: Unfortunately, you've grown up hearing voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that's at the root of all our problems. Some of these same voices also do their best to gum up the works. They'll warn that tyranny always lurking just around the corner. You should reject these voices. Because what they suggest is that our brave, and creative, and unique experiment in self-rule is somehow just a sham with which we can't be trusted. [ Obama hates libertarianism and small govt types obviously. ]

We have never been a people who place all our faith in government to solve our problems. [LMAO] We shouldn't want to. But we don't think the government is the source of all our problems, either. Because we understand that this democracy is ours. And as citizens, we understand that it's not about what America can do for us, it's about what can be done by us, together, through the hard and frustrating but absolutely necessary work of self-government. And class of 2013, you have to be involved in that process.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/05/05/obama_to_ohio_state_grads_reject_voices_that_warn_about_government_tyranny.html

Prison Bitch
05-06-2013, 09:39 AM
I remember when I was a kid and my dad would punish me. He'd always say: "Prison Bitch, don't get mad at me. You did it to yourself." That's what America is like today. It is our decision to have these policies. Our voters are choosing for all this. It's not random. It's our own decision.

The "tyranny" isn't coming from Obama. It's coming from his voters.

blaise
05-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Yeah, big government isn't the root of all our problems. Stop demonizing it. Big business is the root of all our problems. Let's demonize that instead.

BucEyedPea
05-06-2013, 09:45 AM
I remember when I was a kid and my dad would punish me. He'd always say: "Prison Bitch, don't get mad at me. You did it to yourself." That's what America is like today. It is our decision to have these policies. Our voters are choosing for all this. It's not random. It's our own decision.

The "tyranny" isn't coming from Obama. It's coming from his voters.

You speak in terms of generalities here. Not all voters but about half...then there's the non-voters and the lack of choice<ľalso high on polls.

LOCOChief
05-06-2013, 09:47 AM
"These are not the droids you're looking for." - Obama

"These are not the droids we're looking for." - class of 2013

Prison Bitch
05-06-2013, 09:47 AM
You speak in terms of generalities here. Not all voters but about half...then there's the non-voters and the lack of choice<ľalso high on polls.

Pray to your personal deity that non-voters never wake up and start voting. You'll see some serious tyranny then. 3/4 of non-voters polled said if they ahd to choose, it'd be for Obama.

BucEyedPea
05-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Pray to your personal deity that non-voters never wake up and start voting. You'll see some serious tyranny then. 3/4 of non-voters polled said if they ahd to choose, it'd be for Obama.

I don't have a personal deity. Oh wait, can that be myself?

I think the problem is the education system, right on up through the college system, as well as the major media instructing what has resulted in Boobus Americanus.

BucEyedPea
05-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Boobus Americanus is a species that comes by way of H.L.Mencken but I first heard it by some paleo-libertarians.

But here's a very good definition:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Boobus%20Americanus

Complacent, lazy & stupid US citizen who votes for politicians based upon information proffered by government shills in the mainstream media, or for other vacuous reasons. This dolt not only doesn't understand the concept of "limited government", but has never read The Constitution nor The Bill of Rights. He also believes his vote counts and that politicians are honest.

Boobus Americanus Example 1:
"I'm voting for Obama because I'm tired of old, white guys". (Yep, skin color is important!) [Thatguy is a good example.LMAO]

Boobus Americanus Example 2:
"I'm voting for McCain because he's the lesser of two evils". (Akin to choosing shoplifting over bank robbery.)

BucEyedPea
05-06-2013, 10:00 AM
College student to some kids in a dorm:

"Look at all the things Obama has done for you!" This is an example of Boobus Americanus..

Bump
05-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Because we understand that this democracy is ours

democracy? ROFL

Donger
05-06-2013, 10:03 AM
It seems a little weird that Obama said that, but I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment.

BucEyedPea
05-06-2013, 10:04 AM
It seems a little weird that Obama said that, but I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment.

Figures.

Donger
Because we understand that this democracy is ours

democracy? ROFL

We do have a form of democracy, albeit indirect.

Donger
Figures.

What part(s) do you disagree with?

We have never been a people who place all our faith in government to solve our problems. We shouldn't want to. But we don't think the government is the source of all our problems, either.

BucEyedPea
05-06-2013, 10:05 AM

No we do not have a democracy, direct or indirect. We merely have some democratic features, in what is a mixed form of govt. It's called a Constitutional Republic. There are many kinds of these, but ours has a certain mixed form of govt. Our republic is a representative one. Democracies are not necessarily representative.

BucEyedPea
05-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Donger is a live example of Boobus Americanus.

loochy
05-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Obama saying that makes me more likely to accept voices that warn about government tyranny

Donger
05-06-2013, 10:09 AM
No we do not have a democracy, direct or indirect. We merely have some democratic features, in what is a mixed form of govt. It's called a Constitutional Republic. There are many kinds of these, but ours has a certain mixed form of govt.

Yes, I realize that you're wrong on the subject.

WhawhaWhat
05-06-2013, 10:16 AM

I didn't vote. If forced to choose, I would have voted for Obama. I think both were scumbags on their own levels though. I haven't voted since Bush/Gore, and only then because I was 18 and wanted to vote for the first time. (Voted for Bush, btw)

Bump
05-06-2013, 10:46 AM

we have the illusion of it.

Bump
05-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Obama saying that makes me more likely to accept voices that warn about government tyranny

ya, whenever our 'elected officials' start to warn you of this. That's a sign that it's probably even more corrupt and tyrannical than we thought.

Bump
05-06-2013, 11:10 AM
nm

Donger
05-06-2013, 11:16 AM
we have the illusion of it.

You aren't suggesting that we should practice direct democracy, are you?

Bump
05-06-2013, 11:23 AM
You aren't suggesting that we should practice direct democracy, are you?

Was suggesting that we do not live in a democracy. Democracy gives the impression that the majority matters. Well, they don't. Not one little bit. This is fascism, a Plutocracy. Whatever. We are controlled and owned by the elite. That's not democracy is all I'm stating.

Donger
05-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Was suggesting that we do not live in a democracy. Democracy gives the impression that the majority matters. Well, they don't. Not one little bit. This is fascism, a Plutocracy. Whatever. We are controlled and owned by the elite. That's not democracy is all I'm stating.

No, we don't live in a direct democracy.

Comrade Crapski
05-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Barry, East Germany is trying to get the band back together! The reunion tour starts next week, I'll buy you your one way ticket.

Bump
05-06-2013, 01:46 PM
No, we don't live in a direct democracy.

Correct, we live in a fascist, totalitarian state.

Donger
05-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Correct, we live in a fascist, totalitarian state.

Reported.

fan4ever
05-06-2013, 01:56 PM
I didn't vote. If forced to choose, I would have voted for Obama. I think both were scumbags on their own levels though. I haven't voted since Bush/Gore, and only then because I was 18 and wanted to vote for the first time. (Voted for Bush, btw)

Gore is glad you did. He's much better off financially for having lost.

listopencil
05-06-2013, 05:43 PM
I don't have a personal deity. Oh wait, can that be myself?

Namaste.

BucEyedPea
05-06-2013, 05:45 PM
TPIWWP

Namaste.

I can't see if you made a slight bow to me while pressing your hands together with fingers up.

listopencil
05-06-2013, 05:49 PM
TPIWWP

I can't see if you made a slight bow to me while pressing your hands together with fingers up.

I'll leave that as a thought exercise then.

BucEyedPea
05-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Oh, no. I can't let you get away with that! :p

Bump
05-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Reported.

lol, reported?

Donger
05-07-2013, 07:49 AM
lol, reported?

Well, that's what good citizens do in fascist, totalitarian states.