PDA

View Full Version : General Politics IRS Admits it Targeted Conservative Groups

Pages : [1] 2

RaiderH8r
05-10-2013, 11:02 AM
The complaints by conservatives that they were being singled out for scrutiny by the IRS turns out to be true.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/irs-apologizes-for-inappropriately-targeting-conservative-political-groups-in-2012-election/2013/05/10/5afef7b8-b980-11e2-b568-6917f6ac6d9d_story.html?hpid=z1

blaise
05-10-2013, 11:37 AM
I don't know. This was probably on Drudge, so just better ignore it.

RaiderH8r
05-10-2013, 11:44 AM
I don't know. This was probably on Drudge, so just better ignore it.

It's also on WaPo's homepage. That's gotta count for something, right?

blaise
05-10-2013, 11:49 AM
It's also on WaPo's homepage. That's gotta count for something, right?

Doesn't matter. Also on Drudge, therefore irrelevant.

RaiderH8r
05-10-2013, 11:51 AM
I guess the fact that another agency is singling out law abiding citizens for persecution based solely on their political beliefs and speech is nothing new in the Obamanation.

alpha_omega
05-10-2013, 12:59 PM
...In a statement, the IRS said the screening occurred by career employees in Cincinnati who, between 2010 and 2012, were seeking to centralize work related to tax exempt organizations. The agency said that while it made errors, they were not politically motivated...

They aren't really admitting what the headline leads us to believe. All they are really saying is that we made a clerical error.

ptlyon
05-10-2013, 02:28 PM
They aren't really admitting what the headline leads us to believe. All they are really saying is that we made a clerical error.

Yeah, life is just chock full of "clerical errors"

FD
05-10-2013, 02:37 PM

In any event it requires a full investigation, and in all likelihood some heads will roll.

mikey23545
05-10-2013, 04:11 PM

My God, you're pathetic...

Just wait another year or two. Obamacare will be used as a reason to further crack down on enemies of the state, and guess who has been named as the enforcers for that - that's right, the IRS, the only government institution which does not require warrants or probable cause to frog-march you out of your own house whenever it sees fit...

KChiefer
05-10-2013, 04:26 PM
If you drive around in a car with "Cops are Pigs" painted on it, do you think you'll draw some extra attention from police?

blaise
05-10-2013, 04:30 PM

Not really. The IRS said it was "not appropriate". That indicates more than a clerical error. They also said it was an error in judgment and "insensitive". Clerical errors wouldn't normally be considered poor judgement. They'd be considered errors.
There's nothing misleading about the title, really.
Jay Carney said it was "inappropriate". If anyone is presenting it as something it's not it's you. You're making it look like they just entered keystrokes incorrectly.

petegz28
05-10-2013, 10:15 PM
WH blames Bush.....seriously

tiptap
05-11-2013, 07:08 AM
The same man from the Bush Administration is still in charge in the Obama administration. That only shows that in big agencies the person at the top does not always initiate wrong doing. This was clearly wrong to single out such groups based upon their having "tea" in their name. There are no indications that any of these groups were refused tax free status just were required to jump through extra hoops to get that status which is wrong and unlawful.

Bewbies
05-11-2013, 09:21 AM
The IRS is the weapon the government has to used against the people. Good thing Obamacare gives them more power!!

Radar Chief
05-11-2013, 10:36 AM
If you drive around in a car with "Cops are Pigs" painted on it, do you think you'll draw some extra attention from police?

And if you got pulled over for that it would be called "harassment", which is illegal.

Dylan
05-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Its step one of the road to tyranny - period, full stop.

fan4ever
05-11-2013, 12:10 PM
When addressing anything connected to this current administration, has anyone ever heard a liberal simply say "Yeah, that was wrong" without a "but" connected to it?

ClevelandBronco
05-11-2013, 12:55 PM

Yes, I think I would draw extra attention from police if I were to do that. And if there was any indication that their attention violated my rights or that it was improperly focused, I'd want the police warned, corrected, retrained and/or disciplined, depending on the severity of their transgression(s). That's so obvious a response that I'm virtually certain that everyone here would agree.

Radar Chief
05-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Yes, I think I would draw extra attention from police if I were to do that. And if there was any indication that their attention violated my rights or that it was improperly focused, I'd want the police warned, corrected, retrained and/or disciplined, depending on the severity of their transgression(s). That's so obvious a response that I'm virtually certain that everyone here would agree.

I've still got my Kawasaki ZX-9 with a "Bad cop, no donut" sticker on it. It gets more laughs than anything else.

RaiderH8r
05-11-2013, 04:12 PM
This is an admission that the IRS took measures aimed at punishing free speech. Using an arcane and overly complicated tax code just about any citizen can be made a criminal and when everybody is a criminal who is then free to speak truth to power?

Bewbies
05-11-2013, 04:33 PM
This is an admission that the IRS took measures aimed at punishing free speech. Using an arcane and overly complicated tax code just about any citizen can be made a criminal and when everybody is a criminal who is then free to speak truth to power?

You should ignore those people.

blaise
05-11-2013, 05:20 PM
When addressing anything connected to this current administration, has anyone ever heard a liberal simply say "Yeah, that was wrong" without a "but" connected to it?

They don't even do that, usually. The normal response is, "Big deal. You RWNJ complain about anything."

blaise
05-11-2013, 05:21 PM

Lame.

RedNeckRaider
05-11-2013, 05:31 PM

For fucks sake I mean really dude...really :rolleyes:

Comrade Crapski
05-12-2013, 06:55 AM
Serves them right. How dare anyone use "Patriot" in there organizations name.

Next time use "Progress" or "Forward".

King_Chief_Fan
05-12-2013, 07:35 AM

I bet if a car goes by with stupid on it, you will notice and chase it

2bikemike
05-12-2013, 09:54 AM
I've still got my Kawasaki ZX-9 with a "Bad cop, no donut" sticker on it. It gets more laughs than anything else.

You should ride it to "Cops and Donuts bakery" in Clare Michigan. Its pretty funny, a bunch of cops got together and bought a bakery. The bathroom looks like a prison cell. The windows have jail cell bars in them. The walls are adorned with patches from LEO departments all over the country.

http://www.copsdoughnuts.com/index.php?route=common/home

notorious
05-12-2013, 10:37 AM
This should be the story of 2013.

petegz28
05-12-2013, 11:05 AM
And not 1 word from King Obama condemning this???

RaiderH8r
05-12-2013, 11:24 AM

This is how Obama rolls. He has no respect for free speech or tolerance for criticism. He is extraordinarily thin skinned and gets disproportionately butthurt over any perceived criticism of his holiness. In short, he believes his own hype.

mlyonsd
05-12-2013, 11:44 AM
JC guys, how many times do they have to apologize? They've said they were sorry at least a couple of times.

mlyonsd
05-12-2013, 11:52 AM
***URGENT***

To: White House staff

Search all Outlook folders and immediately delete all emails containing:

IRS
Tea Party
Patriot
We'll fix those mother ****ers
RWNJ

digger
05-13-2013, 09:47 AM
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/13/irs-targeted-conservatives-as-early-as-2010-wsj/

WhawhaWhat
05-13-2013, 10:03 AM
This should be the story of 2013.

Completely agree. Hopefully that Benghazi story dies a quick death and we can move on to this one. The gov't suppressing the free speech of a dissenting party is a huge deal and should be thoroughly investigated.

stonedstooge
05-13-2013, 10:04 AM
I'll bet Bush did this to make Liberals look bad/Libtards

ILChief
05-13-2013, 11:57 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/13/politics/irs-conservative-targeting/index.html

ThatRaceCardGuy
05-13-2013, 12:12 PM
Jfc...what a bunch of old paranoid right wing hypocrisy ....continue on with your fear of black president meeting.

BigChiefTablet
05-13-2013, 12:15 PM
Jfc...what a bunch of old paranoid right wing hypocrisy ....continue on with your fear of black president meeting.

God you're a douche

blaise
05-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Oh, Dottefan is a little upset. It's ok Dottefan. Don't be sad.

Radar Chief
05-13-2013, 12:51 PM

Your butt hurt is awesome.

petegz28
05-13-2013, 12:58 PM

Don't get pissed because your man-crush go busted.

WhiteWhale
05-13-2013, 12:59 PM

Paranoia indicates unjustified fear.

You realize this wasn't invented by the right wing media right?

Radar Chief
05-13-2013, 01:09 PM
Ah oh Thatcry, looks like your guy agrees with the old, paranoid right wingers.

Obama: Politically driven IRS probes would be ‘outrageous’

President Barack Obama declared Monday that Americans have the right to expect "absolute integrity" from the IRS and vowed to get to the bottom of "outrageous" charges the agency improperly targeted conservative political groups.

"This is pretty straightforward. If, in fact, IRS personnel engaged in the kind of practices that have been reported on and were intentionally targeting conservative groups, then that's outrageous, and there is no place for it," Obama said during a joint question-and-answer session with British Prime Minister David Cameron at the White House. "You don't want the IRS ever being perceived to be biased and anything less than neutral in terms of how they operate."

Rest at: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-likely-face-first-media-irs-scandal-141910951.html

FD
05-13-2013, 01:17 PM
I'll bet Bush did this to make Liberals look bad/Libtards

It does throw a damper on this scandal a bit that it was a Bush-appointee in charge of it.

cosmo20002
05-13-2013, 01:24 PM
So the IRS gave extra scrutiny to right-wing political groups' applications for tax-emept status. They were probably just focusing on the groups most likely to lie and commit fraud. Sounds like profiling--but the right is usually in favor of that. Amirite?

RaiderH8r
05-13-2013, 01:38 PM
So the IRS gave extra scrutiny to right-wing political groups' applications for tax-emept status. They were probably just focusing on the groups most likely to lie and commit fraud. Sounds like profiling--but the right is usually in favor of that. Amirite?

If the IRS were focusing on those most likely to lie and commit fraud they'd be banging down the front door of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. right now. Amirite?

blaise
05-13-2013, 01:45 PM

The left is usually outraged by it. Amirite?

RaiderH8r
05-13-2013, 01:45 PM

Bush's fault.

Donger
05-13-2013, 01:58 PM
They were probably just focusing on the groups most likely to lie and commit fraud.

So, IRS also investigated "Progressives"?

cosmo20002
05-13-2013, 01:58 PM

I've never been so outraged in my entire life.

blaise
05-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Bush's fault.

"So what?"

- cosmo, regarding any story that could possibly reflect poorly on Democrats or Obama.

blaise
05-13-2013, 02:08 PM
I've never been so outraged in my entire life.

"Hey, you're hypocritical for doing the same thing in the opposite direction than my side does. Amirite?"

- cosmo

cosmo20002
05-13-2013, 02:14 PM
"Hey, you're hypocritical for doing the same thing in the opposite direction than my side does. Amirite?"

- cosmo

I'm against what the IRS did. I'm not being hypcritical.

ThatRaceCardGuy
05-13-2013, 02:15 PM
God you're a douche

Oh, Dottefan is a little upset. It's ok Dottefan. Don't be sad.

Your butt hurt is awesome.

Don't get pissed because your man-crush go busted.

Paranoia indicates unjustified fear.

You realize this wasn't invented by the right wing media right?

Ah oh Thatcry, looks like your guy agrees with the old, paranoid right wingers.

Rest at: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-likely-face-first-media-irs-scandal-141910951.html

Trolling the DC trolls...too easy.

blaise
05-13-2013, 02:16 PM
I'm against what the IRS did. I'm not being hypcritical.

You took a roundabout way to say that. Amirite?

blaise
05-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Trolling the DC trolls...too easy.

It's ok. Don't cry. We can see that you're bothered.

Bootlegged
05-13-2013, 02:21 PM
Something is afoot. I don't like the timing of this nor do I believe that Obama, Harry Reid, etc. when they say they condemn this. Reid used the IRS to target Romney during the run up to the election as well as Goolsby - Obama's flunky.

This smells of distraction from Benghazi or some other scheme. Time will tell what they are up to, but I don't think this is as straight forward as it appears.

Bowser
05-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Something is afoot. I don't like the timing of this nor do I believe that Obama, Harry Reid, etc. when they say they condemn this. Reid used the IRS to target Romney during the run up to the election as well as Goolsby - Obama's flunky.

This smells of distraction from Benghazi or some other scheme. Time will tell what they are up to, but I don't think this is as straight forward as it appears.

Probably, but it IS politics. There's no end to the subterfuge and end arounds being pulled on a constant basis in Washington.

cosmo20002
05-13-2013, 02:26 PM
You took a roundabout way to say that. Amirite?

I didn't think so. I am against it, but apparently, they had like a bazillion tax exemption applications from these "Tea Party/Patriots" groups and probably a lot of them weren't legit. It would be interesting to know how many legit groups were actually turned down.

cosmo20002
05-13-2013, 02:29 PM

If "they" are using an IRS scandal to distract from Benghazi, it's pretty much the worst distraction ever.

blaise
05-13-2013, 02:30 PM
I doubt Obama knew about it. The closest it could probably come to Obama is if he appointed people to certain positions or departments that let things like this go on, or encouraged them.
Even then, it's the nature of the game. When one person in power appoints people with his or her same line of thinking they tend to hire and promote and surround themselves with people of a similar line of thinking. It could certainly create a culture of political bias in an agency or department. That's not a direct reflection on Obama though. More of a human nature type thing. Probably why it's good to have turnover in office every so often. If one party gets so ingrained in power I would think there's a sort of trickle down effect over time that could lead to abuses in power.

Or it could just be a few dumbasses in a department that were doing dumbass things.

Bootlegged
05-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Only a matter of time before Obama blames this on the Sequester. Along with Yellowstone being closed and not being able to fly flags on Memorial Day.

petegz28
05-13-2013, 02:59 PM
If "they" are using an IRS scandal to distract from Benghazi, it's pretty much the worst distraction ever.

Not really. They know Obama-tards like you will say "so what?" ....not so easily done when deaths of Americans is involved

Bootlegged
05-13-2013, 03:22 PM
My Avatar becomes more relevant every day this radical is in office.

Amnorix
05-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Hugely problematic if true. The IRS absolutely cannot cherry pick targets based on political philosophy. That's a massive abuse of power.

Cave Johnson
05-13-2013, 04:03 PM
The IRS has 100K employees, so I'd be highly surprised if this goes anywhere near the White House.

Bootlegged
05-13-2013, 04:05 PM
The IRS has 100K employees, so I'd be highly surprised if this goes anywhere near the White House.

Yeah I'm sure there was no political influence from the Obama campaign. Probably just some bored 23 year old that made the call. :rolleyes:

Bootlegged
05-13-2013, 04:38 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5VOIFRH0Zgs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bewbies
05-13-2013, 04:39 PM

LMAO

RedNeckRaider
05-13-2013, 04:45 PM
Yeah I'm sure there was no political influence from the Obama campaign. Probably just some bored 23 year old that made the call. :rolleyes:

The blind faith the left has is amazing. Time after time when something comes up that does not add up it is ignored. Obama is their religion~

ThatRaceCardGuy
05-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Racism is alive in dc. Black president makes old white men go nuts.

ClevelandBronco
05-13-2013, 09:57 PM

Which is one of the things that makes it pretty good cover for Benghazi. Low level and mid-level heads can roll while what's left of the media laps up their blood instead of Hillary's and Uncle Barack's.

blaise
05-13-2013, 09:57 PM

It's ok. We see that you're upset. Don't cry.

LiveSteam
05-13-2013, 10:00 PM

What you talkin bout Willis.

mlyonsd
05-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Just pretend we're bashing Obama's white half. You might sleep better.

ThatRaceCardGuy
05-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Racist.

blaise
05-13-2013, 10:19 PM
Dottefan is upset. It's ok Dottefan. Don't be sad.

Radar Chief
05-13-2013, 11:00 PM

Pavlovian response.

ClevelandBronco
05-13-2013, 11:03 PM
Pavlovian response.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6tlSx0jkuLM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comrade Crapski
05-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Anybody who still defends Barry is a lowlife scumbag.

Period.

LiveSteam
05-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Racist.

I like my racist on a Cracker

Comrade Crapski
05-14-2013, 10:46 AM
thatguy needs to put down the malt liquor and get busy painting curbs.

LiveSteam
05-14-2013, 10:52 AM
thatguy needs to put down the malt liquor and get busy painting curbs.

http://www.wellpromo.com/upload/upimg26/Shoe-Shining-Kit-142326.jpg

Comrade Crapski
05-14-2013, 10:55 AM
ROFL

ptlyon
05-14-2013, 11:00 AM
This must be a big deal. Even that communist whore Diane Sawyer had it as ABCs leadoff story on world news tonight last nite.

LiveSteam
05-14-2013, 11:03 AM
This must be a big deal. Even that communist whore Diane Sawyer had it as ABCs leadoff story on world news tonight last nite.

I would bang it. Her & Susanne Summers at the same time. Its been a sick dream of mine for sometime now

ptlyon
05-14-2013, 11:25 AM
I would bang it. Her & Susanne Summers at the same time. Its been a sick dream of mine for sometime now

Well, I didn't say anything about that... Looks pretty good for 70...

The_Grand_Illusion
05-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Liberal government out of control is just getting crazier every day:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/05/14/Progressive-Group-Says-IRS-Gave-Them-Confidential-Docs-On-Conservative-Groups

Progressive Group: IRS Gave Us Conservative Groups' Confidential Docs

The progressive-leaning investigative journalism group ProPublica says the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) office that targeted and harassed conservative tax-exempt groups during the 2012 election cycle gave the progressive group nine confidential applications of conservative groups whose tax-exempt status was pending.

The commendable admission lends further evidence to the lengths the IRS went during an election cycle to silence tea party and limited government voices.

ProPublica says the documents the IRS gave them were “not supposed to be made public”:

The same IRS office that deliberately targeted conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status in the run-up to the 2012 election released nine pending confidential applications of conservative groups to ProPublica late last year... In response to a request for the applications for 67 different nonprofits last November, the Cincinnati office of the IRS sent ProPublica applications or documentation for 31 groups. Nine of those applications had not yet been approved—meaning they were not supposed to be made public. (We made six of those public, after redacting their financial information, deeming that they were newsworthy.)

The group says that "no unapproved applications from liberal groups were sent to ProPublica.”

According to Media Research Center Vice President for Business and Culture Dan Gainor, ProPublica’s financial backers include top progressive donors:

ProPublica, which recently won its second Pulitzer Prize, initially was given millions of dollars from the Sandler Foundation to “strengthen the progressive infrastructure”–“progressive” being the code word for very liberal. In 2010, it also received a two-year contribution of $125,000 each year from the Open Society Foundations. In case you wonder where that money comes from, the OSF website is www.soros.org. It is a network of more than 30 international foundations, mostly funded by Soros, who has contributed more than $8 billion to those efforts.

On Friday, the House Ways and Means Committee is scheduled to hold a formal hearing on the IRS conservative targeting scandal. IRS Commissioner Steve Miller and Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration J. Russell George are slated to testify.

bobbymitch
05-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Doesn't anyone else find it ironic that Tea Party related organizations are trying to get a non-profit status from the IRS under the social welfare umbrella 501(c)(5)?

Frazod
05-14-2013, 12:01 PM

You seem angry today. Welfare check late?

Frazod
05-14-2013, 12:02 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/s480x480/971358_10151586968479486_212906052_n.jpg

LOCOChief
05-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Doesn't anyone else find it ironic that Tea Party related organizations are trying to get a non-profit status from the IRS under the social welfare umbrella 501(c)(5)?

Not at all. They are in fact not for profit organizations.

Bootlegged
05-14-2013, 12:04 PM
So we have Harry Reid on the Senate floor 3 x's telling everyone that Romney hasn't paid taxes in 10 years. His source? A "friend" that had invested with Bain capital. Right.

Austin Goolsby - Osama's finance guy - talks to reporters about the Koch Bros tax returns. Oops. Guess he has a "friend" too.

Prediction - Obama campaign official or staffer will be found to be the one obtaining info from IRS. Calls for Impeachment from R's. D's in Senate won't go along (go figure).

Meanwhile this will put Benghazi on the back burner as it had just gotten too hot to handle.

Mission Accomplished - Osama stays in power. :thumb:

Bootlegged
05-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Justice Dept. :rolleyes: and FBI now investigating IRS.

Wonder if FBI will investigate Justice Dept. as well.

Frazod
05-14-2013, 01:21 PM
You mean you don't trust them to conduct a thorough investigation?

http://thespentround.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/cobb2.jpg

Fairplay
05-14-2013, 01:27 PM
You seem angry today. Welfare check late?

His unemployment check is late.

Sorry my bad, you would have to had worked to get that.

Fairplay
05-14-2013, 01:33 PM
Even Huff post has Jay Carney and Eric Holder the front headline being grilled by reporters, answering for their crimes and conspiracies.

LMAO

Bootlegged
05-14-2013, 01:34 PM
IRS sent confidential info on conservatives to liberal nonprofit ProPublica

The division of the Internal Revenue Service that improperly scrutinized the tax-exempt status of conservative groups sent confidential information on 31 conservative groups to the well-funded liberal nonprofit journalism organization ProPublica, according to a revelation made by ProPublica Monday.

“The same IRS office that deliberately targeted conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status in the run-up to the 2012 election released nine pending confidential applications of conservative groups to ProPublica late last year,” according to the ProPublica report.

“In response to a request for the applications for 67 different nonprofits last November, the Cincinnati office of the IRS sent ProPublica applications or documentation for 31 groups. Nine of those applications had not yet been approved — meaning they were not supposed to be made public. (We made six of those public, after redacting their financial information, deeming that they were newsworthy.),” according to ProPublica.

“Before the 2012 election, ProPublica devoted months to showing how dozens of social-welfare nonprofits had misled the IRS about their political activity on their applications and tax returns… In 2012, nonprofits that didn’t have to report their donors poured an unprecedented $322 million into the election. Much of that money — 84 percent — came from conservative groups,” according to ProPublica.

ProPublica, based in New York City, was launched in 2007 with the financial backing of the Sandler Foundation and other foundations.

The Sandler Foundation was founded with support from former World Savings Bank CEO Herb Sandler and his late wife, Marion Sandler. The Sandlers established themselves as top donors to progressive movement causes and institutions, including the Center for American Progress, founded by former Clinton Chief of Staff John Podesta, and the Center for Responsible Lending.

In 2011, it was reported that ProPublica had amassed 2,600 non-Sandler donors that contributed more than $5 million of the group’s $10 million budget, with the Sandler Foundation providing the other approximately $5 million. DreamWorks CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg, who gave $2 million in seed money to the pro-Obama super PAC Priorities USA during the 2012 election, was reportedly a ProPublica donor.

Despite a massive endowment provided by progressive movement titans, the website for the liberal nonprofit group attracted an average of only 348,000 unique visitors per month in 2011, making it unclear why the IRS would leak the info to that outlet.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/14/irs-sent-confidential-info-on-conservatives-to-liberal-nonprofit-propublica/#ixzz2TIFgIlqi

Bootlegged
05-14-2013, 01:41 PM
http://www.muckety.com/Herbert-Sandler/4182.muckety

Comrade Crapski
05-14-2013, 02:17 PM
Even Huff post has Jay Carney and Eric Holder the front headline being grilled by reporters, answering for their crimes and conspiracies.

LMAO

Oh stop it. You just can't stand that the president is black. -Zach, Flunkie, Kozmo, orange, banyon, amnorix, kc rectum, dirk digler, penchief....

Chocolate Hog
05-14-2013, 02:24 PM
Its not a big deal to people like cosmo because he depends on people being taxed so he can live.

Comrade Crapski
05-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Its not a big deal to people like cosmo because he depends on people being taxed so he can live.

The biggest mouth-foaming O-Bot drones on this forum are either employed by the government, or collect welfare or disability.

Coincidence?

Comrade Crapski
05-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Speaking of welfare recipients, where has flunkie and drek been? Did they die in a car crash or something?

Fingers crossed!

cosmo20002
05-14-2013, 02:45 PM

Typical statement from people have no fucking idea what they are talking about.

cosmo20002
05-14-2013, 02:46 PM
The biggest mouth-foaming O-Bot drones on this forum are either employed by the government, or collect welfare or disability.

Coincidence?

What are you basing that on?

Saul Good
05-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Typical statement from people have no ****ing idea what they are talking about.

What is your take on this?

Calcountry
05-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Pssst, is it safe for me to post in this thread? Umm, I gotta go, see you.

Amnorix
05-14-2013, 03:04 PM
What are you basing that on?

His usual source.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_18aX8Olo3qw/S12Uh5jFwAI/AAAAAAAAABY/uT-RmWpJuKQ/s320/test3.png

Frazod
05-14-2013, 03:19 PM
His usual source.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_18aX8Olo3qw/S12Uh5jFwAI/AAAAAAAAABY/uT-RmWpJuKQ/s320/test3.png

Cosmo's girlfriend?

Radar Chief
05-14-2013, 03:21 PM
Pssst, is it safe for me to post in this thread? Umm, I gotta go, see you.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2enpb7k.gif

RedNeckRaider
05-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Cosmo's girlfriend?

Uh...if cosmo is a man that would make his hand male so boyfriend may be more accurate...NTTIAWWT~

BucEyedPea
05-14-2013, 03:25 PM

That's the sort of thing that Obama did to win his senate seat. He's smarmy like that.

Comrade Crapski
05-14-2013, 03:27 PM
That's the sort of thing that Obama did to win his senate seat. He's smarmy like that.

Yup.

remember 5 years ago when I started threads about it and all the stooges called me a raythitht and demanded I get banned?

Good times.

RedNeckRaider
05-14-2013, 03:27 PM

You guys are racist! Obama is sort of black in case you didn't know~

Taco John
05-14-2013, 04:01 PM
This really shows just how dysfunctional income taxes are. In a way, I'm glad this happened, because it will light the fuse for either a flat tax or a pure consumption tax system.

Of course, dismantling the IRS won't be easy - but then, handing over the entire medical system to the insurance lobby wasn't easy either, and Obama managed to do it. A president with a motivated base can get things done.

Amnorix
05-14-2013, 04:06 PM
This really shows just how dysfunctional income taxes are. In a way, I'm glad this happened, because it will light the fuse for either a flat tax or a pure consumption tax system.

No, no it just won't.

Amnorix
05-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Cosmo's girlfriend?

If Cosmo's girlfriend/hand talks to Shithead, then the less I know about it the happier I am.

cosmo20002
05-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Cosmo's girlfriend?

We do date occasionally, but we also see other people.

cosmo20002
05-14-2013, 04:17 PM
All these political groups social welfare groups applying for tax exempt status should be treated the same. But, did anyone bother to check how many of these 'targeted conservative' groups were actually turned down--how many were denied the tax-exempt status they requested?

Zero

Frazod
05-14-2013, 04:18 PM
We do date occasionally, but we also see other people.

LMAO

Bump
05-14-2013, 04:30 PM
Obama needs to be impeached

LiveSteam
05-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Obama needs to be impeached

The ghettos of America would burn for weeks.

Bwana
05-14-2013, 04:52 PM
The ghettos of America would burn for weeks.

And.........

BigChiefTablet
05-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Basically the news is saying that people knew this was going on but didn't do anything about it. And it's probably true for both democrats and republicans. The RNC didn't want Ron Paul anywhere near the nomination and did everything they could to undermine his campaign.

HonestChieffan
05-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Basically the news is saying that people knew this was going on but didn't do anything about it. And it's probably true for both democrats and republicans. The RNC didn't want Ron Paul anywhere near the nomination and did everything they could to undermine his campaign.

Ron Paul?

Bump
05-14-2013, 05:01 PM

Ron Paul is considered bat shit crazy to most.

But he's not. He's right about many things. But people all throughout history that support human rights and the good of the people are usually quickly labeled as crazy.

Ron Paul would fight corruption, that's why he has no chance.

Bootlegged
05-14-2013, 05:33 PM
And here it is. What a shock - the report says bad management and inappropriate criteria to blame.

So the Obama playbook was as I suspected..

1.) Benghazi is way too hot - need to find a distraction to get questions off of Hilary & Co.

2.) Oh - that IRS report we've known about for 3 weeks - we can drop that on the media and they will drop Benghazi to feed on this!

3.) Our lawyers have seen the report, some low level manager will get fired and Obama will look like he cleaned it up.

4.) Benghazi pushed back - IRS solved - life is good.

Not saying this is what will happen, but this was definitely their plan.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/05/14/read-the-inspector-general-report-on-the-irs-scandal/

Taco John
05-14-2013, 05:52 PM
No, no it just won't.

Wanna bet? You don't think the right just got an issue with the American people to campaign on for 2014? Tax reform just shot to the top of the conservative play list. This touches every conservative organization that has ever been put under any amount of scrutiny by the IRS. Billy Graham is out talking about his problems with the IRS right now. There's never been this kind of red meat served up by government to tax conservatives in my lifetime. You're absolutely tone deaf if you don't think that this is going to open up a tax discussion unlike we've ever seen in our lifetime. This is the wrong issue at the wrong time for big-tax progressives. This frames income tax with the first amendment discussion and gives it plenty of fuel to burn.

For as bright a guy as you are, you're not so politically savvy. You apparently don't see the political tectonic plates and what they mean until well after they have shifted. That's not uncommon. A lot of people don't understand this stuff until it's spelled out for them by cable news.

BigRedChief
05-14-2013, 06:21 PM
For as bright a guy as you are, you're not so politically savvy. You apparently don't see the political tectonic plates and what they mean until well after they have shifted. That's not uncommon. A lot of people don't understand this stuff until it's spelled out for them by cable news.It cuts both ways.

The people living in the Fox news bubble think Bengahzi = Watergate. Who changed the talking points to talk about on the Sunday news shows..... come on man. GEEEZZ

This shit is bad. Wrong on every level. Unless someone outside of the IRS told them to do this, approved of it, by 2016 it will be a side issue that the Republicans try to use as some kind of hammer to get traction outside of their bubble.

They will say something really stupid about abortion or rape and that will make bigger news. It is what it is.

dirk digler
05-14-2013, 07:13 PM
After reading the entire IG report I don't see much here except for incompetence and some stupid decisions. Not to say there might be more but right now at a minimum the people in charge should be fired.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/141504367/Inappropriate-Criteria-Were-Used-to-Identify-Tax-Exempt-Applications-for-Review

At the same time the IRS needs to enforce the law for groups like Crossroads GPS\Priorities USA who got approved as a registered 501c4 that just spent hundreds of millions of dollars in campaign ads not social welfare.

notorious
05-14-2013, 07:15 PM
How is the president connected to the IRS?

mlyonsd
05-14-2013, 07:19 PM
It cuts both ways.

The people living in the Fox news bubble think Bengahzi = Watergate. Who changed the talking points to talk about on the Sunday news shows..... come on man. GEEEZZ

This shit is bad. Wrong on every level. Unless someone outside of the IRS told them to do this, approved of it, by 2016 it will be a side issue that the Republicans try to use as some kind of hammer to get traction outside of their bubble.

They will say something really stupid about abortion or rape and that will make bigger news. It is what it is.
If the allegations are true, Benghazi makes Watergate look like some kid stole a bicycle.

dirk digler
05-14-2013, 07:25 PM
If the allegations are true, Benghazi makes Watergate look like some kid stole a bicycle.

So Obama planned the Benghazi attack, killed Americans and then attempted to cover it up?

cosmo20002
05-14-2013, 07:29 PM
At the same time the IRS needs to enforce the law for groups like Crossroads GPS\Priorities USA who got approved as a registered 501c4 that just spent hundreds of millions of dollars in campaign ads not social welfare.

Every one of the 'targeted' groups also got approved. They might have been inappropriately given more scrutiny, but in the end, they still got approved.

mlyonsd
05-14-2013, 07:30 PM
So Obama planned the Benghazi attack, killed Americans and then attempted to cover it up?LOL, ok, if you say so.

dirk digler
05-14-2013, 07:35 PM
Every one of the 'targeted' groups also got approved. They might have been inappropriately given more scrutiny, but in the end, they still got approved.

True. I would like to know if liberal groups were given a free pass while conservative groups weren't. If that was the case then heads need to roll.

RedNeckRaider
05-14-2013, 07:42 PM
So Obama planned the Benghazi attack, killed Americans and then attempted to cover it up?

For fucks sake...really Dirk :doh!:

dirk digler
05-14-2013, 07:54 PM
LOL, ok, if you say so.

For fucks sake...really Dirk :doh!:

I am just curious what makes this worse or anything like Watergate?

Nixon and his people planned, executed, and then proceeded to cover up their crimes.

LiveSteam
05-14-2013, 07:57 PM

Obama and his people planned, executed, and then proceeded to lie & cover up their incompetency with some stupid fucking video.

FYP

Chocolate Hog
05-14-2013, 08:00 PM

Its ok to target groups for political reasons as long as you approve them is what you're saying. Ridicilous.

Mizzou_8541
05-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Its ok to target groups for political reasons as long as you approve them is what you're saying. Ridicilous.

+1

DaveNull
05-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Incompetence is a crime now? Holy shit...better get some busses to DC on the double.

dirk digler
05-14-2013, 08:03 PM
FYP

So no crime?

DaveNull
05-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Oh wait, this is the IRS thread.

What happened here is terrible, shouldn't have happened and anyone directly involved should loose their jobs. That said, is it really that surprising that the IRS takes a special look at groups that name themselves after a violent uprising against the payment of taxes?

To frame it another way, the officer that pulls over the VW bus with weed stickers on the back shouldn't have misled the driver into letting him search the car...but seriously what did that guy expect when he put it onto his window in the first place?

LiveSteam
05-14-2013, 08:16 PM
So no crime?

Are cover up's & out & out lies by a President a crime?

cosmo20002
05-14-2013, 08:20 PM

No, I didn't say that. I said they were 'inappropriately' given more scrutiny. But perhaps the level of outrage should have some relationship to the harm done. If they were actually rejected, I think that would justify a lot more outrage.

The 'funny' thing is that NONE of these political social welfare groups should qualify. They don't have a political purpose? Yeah, right.

dirk digler
05-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Are cover up's & out & out lies by a President a crime?

IMO only if he commits a crime then tries to cover it up or lie under oath\police.

mlyonsd
05-14-2013, 08:25 PM

Nixon and his people planned, executed, and then proceeded to cover up their crimes.
Nixon planned it? Link?

RaiderH8r
05-14-2013, 08:34 PM
No, I didn't say that. I said they were 'inappropriately' given more scrutiny. But perhaps the level of outrage should have some relationship to the harm done. If they were actually rejected, I think that would justify a lot more outrage.

The 'funny' thing is that NONE of these political social welfare groups should qualify. They don't have a political purpose? Yeah, right.

There is a time frame involved wherein these groups can effectively voice their positions and exercise their right to free speech in order to make the case for or against a philosophy or idea. By selective scrutiny and delay the IRS effectively undermined the right of law abiding citizens to exercise free speech.

Moreover, whether or not the organizations qualify as political or social welfare is a matter for us to discuss and the courts to decide but the IRS acted unilaterally to deny rights or delay the opportunity to exercise those rights based on nothing more than the fact that they dont agree the message being delivered and hold a disdain for those who agree with such a message.

tl;dr

That's fucked. That's wrong. And every American should tremble in fear if this precedent is allowed to stand.

The_Grand_Illusion
05-14-2013, 08:35 PM
IMO only if he commits a crime then tries to cover it up or lie under oath\police.

Oh so major incompetence doesn't count? Major incompetence to the point, American deaths could have been prevented? Incompetence covered up with lies to fool the American people before the election?

OK, lets lower the bar for our affirmative action president.

:rolleyes:

dirk digler
05-14-2013, 08:37 PM
Nixon planned it? Link?

that is why I put his people ;)

BigRedChief
05-14-2013, 08:38 PM
Incompetence is a crime now? Holy shit...better get some busses to DC on the double.ROFL well played sir, well played.

dirk digler
05-14-2013, 08:41 PM
Oh so major incompetence doesn't count? Major incompetence to the point, American deaths could have been prevented? Incompetence covered up with lies to fool the American people before the election?

If incompetence was a crime you would be in jail

DaveNull
05-14-2013, 08:42 PM

Right, because George W never displayed any level of incompetence on the national security/intelligence front that led to avoidable American deaths.

The_Grand_Illusion
05-14-2013, 08:45 PM
If incompetence was a crime you would be in jail

You realize Obama and Hillary lied to those dead American's families, with their caskets close by, don't you?

You liberals disgust me.

TGI

cosmo20002
05-14-2013, 08:47 PM
You realize Obama and Hillary lied to those dead American's families, with their caskets close by, don't you?

You liberals disgust me.

TGI

What did they say to them?

The_Grand_Illusion
05-14-2013, 08:56 PM
What did they say to them?

Ask and you shall receive Mr Political Shill Marketer:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SY81JQZ3_bI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cosmo20002
05-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Ask and you shall receive Mr Political Shill Marketer:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SY81JQZ3_bI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

****ing 40 minutes, thanks. Tell me what he said that is so horrible or STFU.

I guess that's better than your 12 hours of birther videos you wanted me to watch.

DaveNull
05-14-2013, 09:10 PM
lol!

The_Grand_Illusion
05-14-2013, 09:14 PM
****ing 40 minutes, thanks. Tell me what he said that is so horrible or STFU.

I guess that's better than your 12 hours of birther videos you wanted me to watch.

ROFL

I must have hit a nerve why you are really here, lol. I've suspected it for awhile though with how you obfuscate for the Dem party all the time on here.

As for the video, as it has now turned out, Obama and Hillary lied to those dead American's families on the narrative of what happened. It has turned out not true with everything that has come out now.

TGI

cosmo20002
05-14-2013, 09:21 PM
ROFL

As for the video, as it has now turned out, Obama and Hillary lied to those dead American's families on the narrative of what happened. It has turned out not true with everything that has come out now.

TGI

So, with the caskets nearby as you mentioned, what did they tell those families?

The_Grand_Illusion
05-14-2013, 09:26 PM
So, with the caskets nearby as you mentioned, what did they tell those families?

Are you that lazy you can't watch a video?

Do some work man (I know that's foreign to you), lol

TGI

BigRedChief
05-14-2013, 09:29 PM
Obama needs to be impeachedRegan illegally sold arms to our sworn enemy Iran to buy weapons for a group fighting an insurgency in Latin America that Congress specifically told him not to get involved in.

If a President secretly provides arms to our sworn enemies doesn't get you impeached just WTF does?

NewChief
05-14-2013, 09:35 PM
Regan illegally sold arms to our sworn enemy Iran to buy weapons for a group fighting an insurgency in Latin America that Congress specifically told him not to get involved in.

If a President secretly provides arms to our sworn enemies doesn't get you impeached just WTF does?

Lying about getting a blowjob. Duh.

LiveSteam
Regan illegally sold arms to our sworn enemy Iran to buy weapons for a group fighting an insurgency in Latin America that Congress specifically told him not to get involved in.

Thats not what was just said on Fox's On the record with Greta .
Which is where you just pulled that out of your ass from.

cosmo20002
Are you that lazy you can't watch a video?

Do some work man (I know that's foreign to you), lol

TGI

Not about laziness, its about time. Anyway, even if I listen I won't know what offended you. Never mind--you did this the birther shit as well. I ask a question, you direct me to hours of video.

The_Grand_Illusion
05-14-2013, 09:41 PM
Not about laziness, its about time. Anyway, even if I listen I won't know what offended you. Never mind--you did this the birther shit as well. I ask a question, you direct me to hours of video.

Yeah, I'm just not playing your games this time. At least shill marketer is out there so people can figure out what that is and that it does exist.

TGI

BigRedChief
05-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Thats not what was just said on Fox's On the record with Greta .
Which is where you just pulled that out of your ass from.Your an idiot. Google Iran-Contra dipshit.

dirk digler
05-14-2013, 09:47 PM

If TGI is a birther there is no use trying to talk to him. Thanks for the heads up.

Dylan
05-14-2013, 09:47 PM
http://tx.english-ch.com/teacher/aisa/humpty_dumpty[1].jpg

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the King's horses, And all the King's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again!

Humpty dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty dumpty had a great fall;
Threescore men and threescore more,
Could not place Humpty as he was before.

The_Grand_Illusion
05-14-2013, 09:52 PM
If TGI is a birther there is no use trying to talk to him. Thanks for the heads up.

With all the corruption, incompetence, and lies, who knows, I might be right about that too. (It had to do more with Obama's life narrative, but that's how cosmo distorts)

TGI

cosmo20002
05-14-2013, 09:52 PM

Oh, yes. BIG birther. Fake birth certificate, fake social security number, fake selective service card, the whole thing.

dirk digler
05-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Liberal groups weren't exempt from scrutiny apparently

In 2012, The Chicago Tribune (http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-07-13/news/sns-rt-usa-taxfundraisingl2e8icenx-20120713_1_tax-exempt-status-tax-exempt-organizations-ofer-lion)reported on the IRS denying tax exempt status to a liberal political groups,

The IRS announced in May and June that it took the actions against two groups defined as tax-exempt under the 501(c)(4) section of the tax code. The IRS on Thursday declined comment on its tax-exempt final rulings. Tax-exempt groups raising money for both major political parties ahead of the Nov. 6 election walk a fine line between promoting “social welfare” for tax-exempt purposes and purely political interests.
A 501(c)(4) group denied tax-exempt status by the IRS would run afoul of Federal Election Commission rules and could be required to disclose its donors. Emerge America, a group which helps Democratic women seeking elected office, said it lost it tax-exempt status last October. The IRS invoked the “private benefit doctrine” barring 501(c)(4) status for any group promoting a candidate or political party. The IRS announced its final decision in May.

In June the IRS said it denied 501(c)(4) tax-exemption for an unnamed political group also under the private benefit doctrine. The IRS is barred by law from disclosing the group’s name and the group has not publicly identified itself. The group had one objective: to serve the political goals of its founder, the IRS said. A 501(c)(4) group can spend some funds on political advocacy, but electioneering cannot be its sole reason for existence or comprise a majority of its spending.

mlyonsd
05-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Lying about getting a blowjob. Duh.Yeah, a president lying under oath for anything would do it for me. Sorry your standards are less than that of a kindergartner.

BigRedChief
05-14-2013, 10:26 PM
Yeah, a president lying under oath for anything would do it for me. Sorry your standards are less than that of a kindergartner.So Reagan should have been impeached?

petegz28
05-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Liberal groups weren't exempt from scrutiny apparently

Lois Lerner, the senior IRS official at the center of the decision to target tea party groups for burdensome tax scrutiny, signed paperwork granting tax-exempt status to the Barack H. Obama Foundation, a shady charity headed by the president’s half-brother that operated illegally for years.

According to the organization’s filings, Lerner approved the foundation’s tax status within a month of filing, an unprecedented timeline that stands in stark contrast to conservative organizations that have been waiting for more than three years, in some cases, for approval.

Lerner also appears to have broken with the norms of tax-exemption approval by granting retroactive tax-exempt status to Malik Obama’s organization.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/14/irs-official-lerner-approved-exemption-for-obama-brothers-charity/#ixzz2TKQN2Q2G

LiveSteam
05-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Your an idiot. Google Iran-Contra dipshit.

Bullshit /you were watching Greta tonight

mlyonsd
05-14-2013, 10:32 PM
So Reagan should have been impeached?

If he lied under oath absolutely. After it all came out it's the reason I voted for Perot instead of Bush 41 the second time.

From what I'm reading from your posts I doubt you'd do the same thing in voting for Romney if the truth on Benghazi had come out in September. Nothing you've posted so far tells that anyway.

Your puppy dog devotion for Obama after such a hideous lie with Benghazi is proof of that.

KC native
05-14-2013, 10:40 PM

Quoting to see if anyone is brave enough to answer.

BigChiefTablet
05-14-2013, 10:55 PM
Quoting to see if anyone is brave enough to answer.

Yeah, Reagan should have been impeached. I have no problem saying that at all. I have a feeling if we got to the truth of most politicians, we wouldn't let them walk our dogs, much less run the country. Which is why I am for smaller, local government.

NewChief
05-14-2013, 10:59 PM
Yeah, Reagan should have been impeached. I have no problem saying that at all. I have a feeling if we got to the truth of most politicians, we wouldn't let them walk our dogs, much less run the country. Which is why I am for smaller, local government.

Kind of agree, but I don't really think that the guys who say they're for smaller local government are any more actually for that than the guys who say they're looking out for the poor and defenseless. It's all rhetoric while the people get fucked.

BigChiefTablet
05-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Kind of agree, but I don't really think that the guys who say they're for smaller local government are any more actually for that than the guys who say they're looking out for the poor and defenseless. It's all rhetoric while the people get ****ed.

If you're saying that the whole two party system is a big sham to keep the people arguing while the people in power entrench and enrich themselves, I agree.

Fairplay
05-14-2013, 11:11 PM
The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Destroying the American Dream

by Barack Hussein Obama

DaveNull
05-14-2013, 11:19 PM
The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Destroying the American Dream

by Barack Hussein Obama

May the great American Dream of being able to set up a tax exempt purely political organization without having to answer any questions rest in peace.

Loneiguana
05-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Under IRS law, political organizations cannot be tax-exempt, so all applicants who used the words "Tea Party" or "Patriot" were required to prove in great detail they were a social welfare organization to qualify.

Organizations are eligible for tax-exempt status if they are "social welfare groups," NPR's Brian Naylor reported on Morning Edition. But they are not eligible for that status if they engage in a substantial amount of political activity.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/05/14/183901656/irs-chief-says-mistakes-were-made-but-werent-partisan

Amnorix
05-15-2013, 08:18 AM
Wanna bet? You don't think the right just got an issue with the American people to campaign on for 2014? Tax reform just shot to the top of the conservative play list. This touches every conservative organization that has ever been put under any amount of scrutiny by the IRS. Billy Graham is out talking about his problems with the IRS right now. There's never been this kind of red meat served up by government to tax conservatives in my lifetime. You're absolutely tone deaf if you don't think that this is going to open up a tax discussion unlike we've ever seen in our lifetime. This is the wrong issue at the wrong time for big-tax progressives. This frames income tax with the first amendment discussion and gives it plenty of fuel to burn.

For as bright a guy as you are, you're not so politically savvy. You apparently don't see the political tectonic plates and what they mean until well after they have shifted. That's not uncommon. A lot of people don't understand this stuff until it's spelled out for them by cable news.

Everything you see you see through the eyes of your wishful thinking. From Ron Paul being a legitimate Presidential contender to this.

I don't do stupid internet bets, but let's just say I'm pretty damn confident we'll still have an income tax based revenue system come, say, 2018.

Now you said "light the fuse" for a consumption based or flat tax system. If all you're saying is that advocates will PUSH for those things, then that I won't argue about. They're about due anyway.

And for the record I do think we need serious tax reform, though I don't favor a flat tax.

Amnorix
05-15-2013, 08:20 AM

Can we be specific on this? What allegations, exactly, are you referring to. It seems the facts are settling out on this and I'm not seeing much that's very serious. While there were communication errors, I haven't seen a darn thing anyone did wrong that, if done right, was likely to save a single life of any of the folks we lost in Benghazi.

BigRedChief
05-15-2013, 05:10 PM
If he lied under oath absolutely. After it all came out it's the reason I voted for Perot instead of Bush 41 the second time.He did. Congress and Reagan had private testimony that was sworn and he blatantly lied that all these new weapons that the Sandinista's had were from the USA. But presidents lie all the time. Just some are bigger lies than others and most dont get caught.
From what I'm reading from your posts I doubt you'd do the same thing in voting for Romney if the truth on Benghazi had come out in September. Nothing you've posted so far tells that anyway I know exactly what happened in Benghazi. I just don't see the outrage. Who changed the talking points? That = Watergate? Come on man.

What happened at the IRS was outrageous and goes against how government should operate. People need to be fired and or go to jail is laws were broke.

Until evidence shows up that someone or some organization controlled by the President outside of the IRS put pressure on them to to what they did....... thats not Watergate either.

stonedstooge
05-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Prom King just made a statement about getting to the bottom of the IRS scandel. Hope he works as hard on it as he did Benghazi

ILChief
05-15-2013, 07:43 PM
@billmaher: The IRS targeted people who want to abolish the IRS?Shocking, like getting pulled over more after U put on the Fuck the Police bumpersticker

stonedstooge
05-15-2013, 08:08 PM
If I was that acting director that got cut loose today I'd keep an eye in my rear view mirror

cosmo20002
05-15-2013, 08:24 PM
If I was that acting director that got cut loose today I'd keep an eye in my rear view mirror

Why?

KChiefer
05-15-2013, 08:35 PM
@billmaher: The IRS targeted people who want to abolish the IRS?Shocking, like getting pulled over more after U put on the **** the Police bumpersticker

That motherfucker stole my material!

mlyonsd
05-15-2013, 09:07 PM
I know exactly what happened in Benghazi. I just don't see the outrage. Who changed the talking points? That = Watergate? Come on man.

Covering up your incompetence by lying to the public about what really happened when Americans were killed with the sole purpose of winning an election at least equals Watergate. You "come on".

BigRedChief
05-15-2013, 09:25 PM
Covering up your incompetence by lying to the public about what really happened when Americans were killed with the sole purpose of winning an election at least equals Watergate. You "come on".GEEEZZZ thats not what happened. Thats your theory based on public news reports.

And quit being so damn naive and idealistic. I'm the dopey dreamer. Your the hard bitten realist.

The_Grand_Illusion
05-15-2013, 09:34 PM
GEEEZZZ thats not what happened. Thats your theory based on public news reports.

And quit being so damn naive and idealistic. I'm the dopey dreamer. Your the hard bitten realist.

How can you even claim to know what happened when we don't even have all the facts in yet? What facts we do know is not theory nor naive nor idealistic and paints what happened, not good for this administration. It's crazy to claim to know unless you are in full spin mode.

TGI

BucEyedPea
05-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Under IRS law, political organizations cannot be tax-exempt, so all applicants who used the words "Tea Party" or "Patriot" were required to prove in great detail they were a social welfare organization to qualify.

Organizations are eligible for tax-exempt status if they are "social welfare groups," NPR's Brian Naylor reported on Morning Edition. But they are not eligible for that status if they engage in a substantial amount of political activity.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/05/14/183901656/irs-chief-says-mistakes-were-made-but-werent-partisan

Wow, what a fascist law! Then again, we all should be income tax exempt, since we're supposed to be a free country—not a Marxist one.

mlyonsd
05-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Can we be specific on this? What allegations, exactly, are you referring to. It seems the facts are settling out on this and I'm not seeing much that's very serious. While there were communication errors, I haven't seen a darn thing anyone did wrong that, if done right, was likely to save a single life of any of the folks we lost in Benghazi.
The way I see it...

Repeated requests by embassy security in the weeks leading up to the Sept. 11 attack were denied by the State Department. - Incompetence.

Attack happens. The whole issue of someone was told to stand down is he said-she said, more digging could be done there but even if military assets were told to stand down because it was too late I don't see any wrong doing there.

The biggest problem I have is what happened next. From the president on down they immediately lied to the public about what happened with an election 7 odd weeks away. The Libyan president said in public it was an act of terror. There was no doubt. Are you disputing that part of it?

Fucking up happens. Lying about it for your own gain isn't leading, it's disgusting.

DaveNull
05-15-2013, 09:50 PM
So has reading the timeline of events (http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/benghazi-talking-points-91458.html?hp=f1) now that the White House released the emails changed your opinion at all?

The_Grand_Illusion
05-15-2013, 09:54 PM
The way I see it...

Repeated requests by embassy security in the weeks leading up to the Sept. 11 attack were denied by the State Department. - Incompetence.

Attack happens. The whole issue of someone was told to stand down is he said-she said, more digging could be done there but even if military assets were told to stand down because it was too late I don't see any wrong doing there.

The biggest problem I have is what happened next. From the president on down they immediately lied to the public about what happened with an election 7 odd weeks away. The Libyan president said in public it was an act of terror. There was no doubt. Are you disputing that part of it?

****ing up happens. Lying about it for your own gain isn't leading, it's disgusting.

It's crazy how they just don't get that.

TGI

mlyonsd
05-15-2013, 10:00 PM
GEEEZZZ thats not what happened. Thats your theory based on public news reports.

Which part of my theory are you disagreeing with?

BucEyedPea
05-15-2013, 10:03 PM
He did. Congress and Reagan had private testimony that was sworn and he blatantly lied that all these new weapons that the Sandinista's had were from the USA. But presidents lie all the time. Just some are bigger lies than others and most dont get caught.

Um, not a dime of US govt/taxpayer money was used in that deal either. Private funds were secured. Plus the Boland Amendment was under consideration then, as being unConstitutional. It was eventually repealed anyway, so we'll never know if it really was. Afterwards, a new act was passed allowing funds from Congress for the Contras.

By the time Congress used its shared power by passing Boland I, the Reagan administration had already committed itself to supporting the Contras unconditionally and at any cost.

Boland I left a loophole that the Reagan administration quickly utilized- as long as the U.S. itself did not intend to overthrow the Nicaraguan government, the U.S. could support the Contras under a different guise such as humanitarian aid or by the solicitation of money from third-party funds and private actors. Thus, Boland I had no real impact on the conduct of the war in Nicaragua. ...

Boland II left two loopholes for getting money to the Contras. The first loophole, like that of Boland I, was to solicit third-party funds from private donors or third party countries to give money to the Contras. The second loophole was to use the NSC which is the President's principal forum for considering national security and foreign policy matters with his senior national security advisors and cabinet officials based on the logic that the NSC is not covered under Boland. ...

The passage of Boland II led to creative means of operational support of the contras: arms deals, air supply ops and intelligence support, and further solicitation of additional third party funds.

http://www.brown.edu/Research/Understanding_the_Iran_Contra_Affair/overview-case.php

cosmo20002
05-15-2013, 10:09 PM
The way I see it...

****ing up happens. Lying about it for your own gain isn't leading, it's disgusting.

Your biggest problem with it is the least important aspect. This "lie" you are talking about I assume is the 'motivated by a video' vs 'motivated by general US hatred regardless of the video.' It was an act of terror either way, and was labeled as such the next day.

Fact is, there were protests and violence that same day across the Middle East motivated by that video. The aspect of whether the video vs something else was a motivation to the particular group at Benghazi is irrelevant to security staffing or the attack response.

You're citing the Libyan pres as saying 'act of terror' as relevant? JFC

mlyonsd
05-15-2013, 10:33 PM
Your biggest problem with it is the least important aspect. This "lie" you are talking about I assume is the 'motivated by a video' vs 'motivated by general US hatred regardless of the video.' It was an act of terror either way, and was labeled as such the next day.

Fact is, there were protests and violence that same day across the Middle East motivated by that video. The aspect of whether the video vs something else was a motivation to the particular group at Benghazi is irrelevant to security staffing or the attack response.

You're citing the Libyan pres as saying 'act of terror' as relevant? JFC
Yes, one would hope a hand ass wiping Arab would have less common sense and integrity than our own Secretary of State and President but you get what you get when retards vote.

Xanathol
05-15-2013, 11:18 PM
I know exactly what happened in Benghazi. I just don't see the outrage. Who changed the talking points? That = Watergate? Come on man.

Until evidence shows up that someone or some organization controlled by the President outside of the IRS put pressure on them to to what they did....... thats not Watergate either.You are finally right in one aspect - neither are Watergate, because both are much, much worse.

blaise
05-16-2013, 06:14 AM
@billmaher: The IRS targeted people who want to abolish the IRS?Shocking, like getting pulled over more after U put on the **** the Police bumpersticker

Yeah, this is the joke the left has been running with. Although, unless Maher posted this several days ago he's using a recycled joke.

I don't see why that's supposed to make it ok, though.

DaveNull
05-16-2013, 07:24 AM
I don't think it is.

Comrade Crapski
05-16-2013, 12:27 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand here comes Barry's blow-up doll. :rolleyes:

He did. Congress and Reagan had private testimony that was sworn and he blatantly lied that all these new weapons that the Sandinista's had were from the USA. But presidents lie all the time. Just some are bigger lies than others and most dont get caught.

What happened at the IRS was outrageous and goes against how government should operate. People need to be fired and or go to jail is laws were broke.

Until evidence shows up that someone or some organization controlled by the President outside of the IRS put pressure on them to to what they did....... thats not Watergate either.

Fairplay
05-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Obama just said he didn't know anything about the IRS leaks.

Anyone surprised? For having the cutting edge of information at his access anytime he sure is dumb.

LiveSteam
05-16-2013, 12:37 PM

Which did not answer the question asked/

Comrade Crapski
05-16-2013, 12:40 PM

I refuse to listen to anything he says, it's all lies.

BigRedChief
05-16-2013, 04:43 PM
You are finally right in one aspect - neither are Watergate, because both are much, much worse.Worse than Reagan secretly selling arms to our enemies to make a profit?

Comrade Crapski
05-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Worse than Reagan secretly selling arms to our enemies to make a profit?

Really?

That's what you got?

alnorth
05-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Now that we're starting to learn the full story, there really isn't "another side" to it. This is crazy-making.

At best, the administration was utterly incompetent, allowing the IRS to do whatever the hell they wanted with no oversight.

That explanation is difficult to believe and awfully convenient, given the timing of the filings, delays, and election. It wasn't just some big backlog slowing everyone down either, because "progressive" political groups got fast-tracked right through to their 501(c)(4) status.

alnorth
05-16-2013, 05:28 PM

Well, of course he said that. Maybe he did or didn't know, but if he did know, he'd have no choice but to lie.

Directing the IRS to do this, or knowing they are doing this and not stopping it, would be a pretty good basis for impeachment, and I say this well aware of the fact that 99.9% of the time when people talk about impeachment, they are looney political hacks.

cosmo20002
05-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Now that we're starting to learn the full story, there really isn't "another side" to it. This is crazy-making.

At best, the administration was utterly incompetent, allowing the IRS to do whatever the hell they wanted with no oversight.

That explanation is difficult to believe and awfully convenient, given the timing of the filings, delays, and election. It wasn't just some big backlog slowing everyone down either, because "progressive" political groups got fast-tracked right through to their 501(c)(4) status.

I think the White House is pretty much supposed to leave IRS alone.

I've read that non-conservative groups also got caught up in the extra scrutiny, but that the huge number of conservative groups vs other types definitely impacted them more. Where did you see that 'progressive' groups were fast tracked?

cosmo20002
05-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Well, of course he said that. Maybe he did or didn't know, but if he did know, he'd have no choice but to lie.

Directing the IRS to do this, or knowing they are doing this and not stopping it, would be a pretty good basis for impeachment, and I say this well aware of the fact that 99.9% of the time when people talk about impeachment, they are looney political hacks.

If he directed them, I'd agree. It would seem to me that directing them to do this would have pretty minimal benefit vs the risk. These groups are pretty small potatoes--they would have minimal to no impact on anything--and in the end, they got approved anyway.

The Tea Party-type big boys bringing in the big dollars are already established. If Obama wanted to screw with something that would matter, he'd go after the groups actually bringing in $ and audit them or have an federal election law complaint filed against them or something.

alnorth
05-16-2013, 05:50 PM

I've read that non-conservative groups also got caught up in the extra scrutiny, but that the huge number of conservative groups vs other types definitely impacted them more. Where did you see that 'progressive' groups were fast tracked?

These employees in the IRS had a specific method where they red-flagged groups with specific conservative keywords for this extra scrutiny. It wasn't a matter of being bogged down and everyone got delayed, or there would be no reason for Obama to be "angry" or fire the acting director over it.

Progressive groups are not going to have these "tea party", "patriot" etc keywords in their name, so they weren't subject to this extra harassment.

Dylan
05-16-2013, 05:57 PM
IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office

The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation.

Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations between 2009 and 2012. But Ingram has since left that part of the IRS and is now the director of the IRS’ Affordable Care Act office, the IRS confirmed to ABC News today.

Her successor, Joseph Grant, is taking the fall for misdeeds at the scandal-plagued unit between 2010 and 2012. During at least part of that time, Grant served as deputy commissioner of the tax-exempt unit.

Grant announced today that he would retire June 3, despite being appointed as commissioner of the tax-exempt office May 8, a week ago.

ABC News: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/05/irs-official-in-charge-during-tea-party-targeting-now-runs-health-care-office/

LiveSteam
05-16-2013, 06:02 PM
IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office

The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation.

Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations between 2009 and 2012. But Ingram has since left that part of the IRS and is now the director of the IRS’ Affordable Care Act office, the IRS confirmed to ABC News today.

Her successor, Joseph Grant, is taking the fall for misdeeds at the scandal-plagued unit between 2010 and 2012. During at least part of that time, Grant served as deputy commissioner of the tax-exempt unit.

Grant announced today that he would retire June 3, despite being appointed as commissioner of the tax-exempt office May 8, a week ago.

ABC News: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/05/irs-official-in-charge-during-tea-party-targeting-now-runs-health-care-office/

The first comment is awesome . Click up LMAOLMAO

Xanathol
05-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Worse than Reagan secretly selling arms to our enemies to make a profit?You seem confused about what took place...

To your point however, while I do not agree with what Reagan did at all and in no way personally condone it, if I am forced to compare the two, at least it can be said that Reagan's intentions were good ( free hostages, fund those to take down our enemies ) whereas Obama's regime directly targeted American's with opposing beliefs to adversely effect them and help him get re-elected.

And you really have to ask which is worse?

Dylan
05-16-2013, 06:18 PM
The first comment is awesome . Click up LMAOLMAO

LMAO

Let's all move on with "Hope and Change" shall we?

...And the MF band played on!

I swear you cannot make up this shit.

BigRedChief
05-16-2013, 06:21 PM
You seem confused about what took place...

To your point however, while I do not agree with what Reagan did at all and in no way personally condone it, if I am forced to compare the two, at least it can be said that Reagan's intentions were good ( free hostages, fund those to take down our enemies ) whereas Obama's regime directly targeted American's with opposing beliefs to adversely effect them and help him get re-elected.

And you really have to ask which is worse?There is absolutely no evidence that Obama knew about the Stupid ass BS was going on at the IRS.

Reagan lied to the American people in a televised address that there was any arms sold. He lied to congress about it.

You are so FOS. You are in that Republican bubble and need to come up for air if you think going on TV to address the American people and lie to them that you didn't direct the CIA to sell arms to our enemies to make a profit. Of course the secret is found out and you have to go back on TV and say you lied = bureaucrats doing something really stupid without the President knowing or directing them. :facepalm:

BucEyedPea
05-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Worse than Reagan secretly selling arms to our enemies to make a profit?

Iran wasn't and still isn't our enemy. That's Kool-Aid drinkin'! And profit is not a dirty word. It's a good word. At least we don't have to pay for anything. Which is worse?

KC Dan
05-16-2013, 06:43 PM
Iran wasn't and still isn't our enemy.
Iran is an enemy of our closest ally in the region which has to make them ours as well. They are determined to wipe Israel off the map and are arming those to do their bidding. do not agree with you at all

BucEyedPea
05-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Iran is an enemy of our closest ally in the region which has to make them ours as well. They are determined to wipe Israel off the map and are arming those to do their bidding. do not agree with you at all

It's Israel's enemy. They use terrorism via proxies. But I don't buy it's ours. That's called an entangling alliance. Take a side in a fight, make a new enemy. And they have never said they wanted to wipe Israel off the map. That's a Farsi mistranslation that caught on as a fact.

Dylan
05-16-2013, 07:06 PM
In other news: Russia has moved 12-15 warships near its naval base in Syria today.

A little aggressive, no?

RedNeckRaider
05-16-2013, 07:07 PM
It's Israel's enemy. They use terrorism via proxies. But I don't buy it's ours. That's called an entangling alliance. And they have never said they wanted to wipe Israel off the map. That's a Farsi mistranslation that caught on as a fact.

Bullshit~

BucEyedPea
05-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Bullshit~

Nope.We elected them as our enemy. It doesn't have to be that way.
We could mediate the peace process more as an honest broker too.
It was Likud and American NeoCons who got rid of the Oslo Accords.

Time for a new way of thinking.

KC Dan
05-16-2013, 07:12 PM

Time for a new way of thinking.sorry, not yours....

BucEyedPea
05-16-2013, 07:13 PM
In other news: Russia has moved 12-15 warships near its naval base in Syria today.

A little aggressive, no?

They've always backed Syria. We'd do the same thing and have. But I read Bibi went to Russia for help in Syria.

Fairplay
05-16-2013, 07:17 PM
BRC must have been an ostrich in his past life.

RedNeckRaider
05-16-2013, 07:18 PM

Time for a new way of thinking.

We have had this dance and the facts for your argument are not there. Their intentions for Israel are well documented as are their feelings about us~

RedNeckRaider
05-16-2013, 07:19 PM
BRC must have been an ostrich in his past life.

At least he was thin once~

Dylan
05-16-2013, 07:19 PM
Yes BuckEyedPea, I know that - VERY WELL. lol

cosmo20002
05-16-2013, 07:22 PM
It's Israel's enemy. They use terrorism via proxies. But I don't buy it's ours. That's called an entangling alliance. Take a side in a fight, make a new enemy. And they have never said they wanted to wipe Israel off the map. That's a Farsi mistranslation that caught on as a fact.

:facepalm: off-the-charts kook

BucEyedPea
05-16-2013, 07:22 PM
sorry, not yours....

Not yours? Not your what? That's my pov.

BTW, we in about 70 wars currently.

Fairplay
05-16-2013, 07:23 PM
At least he was thin once~

LMAO

KC Dan
05-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Not yours? Not your what? That's my pov.

BTW, we in about 70 wars currently.Yes, I know... I meant a new way of thinking that is yours is NOT for me. Mostly, I feel thru your posts that you are settling under a sky-high flyball in right field somewhere

BucEyedPea
05-16-2013, 07:25 PM
We have had this dance and the facts for your argument are not there. Their intentions for Israel are well documented as are their feelings about us~

Never said their intentions were good, as I said they use terrorism. But the facts do not support the "wipe" them off the map—at all. And I documented many years back here with the translation. You just don't want to believe it. That quote suggests wanting to bomb or nuke them off the map. They know that would annihilate them.

BucEyedPea
05-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Yes, I know... I meant a new way of thinking that is yours is NOT for me. Mostly, I feel thru your posts that you are settling under a sky-high flyball in right field somewhere

That's just an opinion.

jjjayb
05-16-2013, 07:29 PM

This one's interesting. Get caught in IRS limbo with a conservative sounding name, change your name to a liberal sounding name, reapply and get approved in 3 weeks. Nothing to it huh?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/conservative-activist-green-name-gets-irs-stamp-approval-193457897.html

Fairplay
05-16-2013, 07:34 PM
This one's interesting. Get caught in IRS limbo with a conservative sounding name, change your name to a liberal sounding name, reapply and get approved in 3 weeks. Nothing to it huh?

My new name is Karl Luther Marx.

Or do you think cosmo would be a better first name?

cosmo20002
05-16-2013, 08:05 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/conservative-activist-green-name-gets-irs-stamp-approval-193457897.html

This seems kind of relevant:

"The reason for the difference in timing could have nothing to do with the group's name. Greenhouse Solutions was applying for "permanent" nonprofit status after existing as a nonprofit group for some time. Media Trackers, a new group, was just beginning the first steps in the application process. Having a previous file with the IRS could very well have been the reason Greenhouse's application was approved so quickly."

Chocolate Hog
05-16-2013, 08:23 PM
Anyone find it funny people like Cosmo says this is no big deal while it'll be the same people running obamacare?

cosmo20002
05-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Anyone find it funny people like Cosmo says this is no big deal while it'll be the same people running obamacare?

I don't think it is "no big deal." I do think it is "less of a deal" than the frothing right-wingers are trying make it.

BigRedChief
05-16-2013, 08:53 PM

A little aggressive, no?Dude comeon you really think Russia moved those ships to keep us from using our military against Syria?

Whats more plausible? I'll let you try again.

Xanathol
05-16-2013, 10:05 PM
There is absolutely no evidence that Obama knew about the Stupid ass BS was going on at the IRS.

Reagan lied to the American people in a televised address that there was any arms sold. He lied to congress about it.

You are so FOS. You are in that Republican bubble and need to come up for air if you think going on TV to address the American people and lie to them that you didn't direct the CIA to sell arms to our enemies to make a profit. Of course the secret is found out and you have to go back on TV and say you lied = bureaucrats doing something really stupid without the President knowing or directing them. :facepalm:
First off, like Obama does, you completely ignored the context of each situation - Reagan trying to save people and fight our enemy, Obama's team trying to oppress Americans to win an election. Plus, there was no 'selling arms to profit'; arms were sold trying to save Americans and funds were sent to people fighting those holding our hostages. Ignoring those points means you are either dishonest or a dumbass.

As for Obama 'knowing' what the IRS was doing... you're really buying that? These people got their positions BECAUSE they would do things like this for Obama. Plus, his person overseeing this is now over the Obamacare part of IRS and the guy who resigned was set to do so any ways. No connections to Obama? Bullshit. Again, dishonest or just a dumbass?

cosmo20002
05-16-2013, 10:17 PM
First off, like Obama does, you completely ignored the context of each situation - Reagan trying to save people and fight our enemy, Obama's team trying to oppress Americans to win an election. Plus, there was no 'selling arms to profit'; arms were sold trying to save Americans and funds were sent to people fighting those holding our hostages. Ignoring those points means you are either dishonest or a dumbass.

As for Obama 'knowing' what the IRS was doing... you're really buying that? These people got their positions BECAUSE they would do things like this for Obama. Plus, his person overseeing this is now over the Obamacare part of IRS and the guy who resigned was set to do so any ways. No connections to Obama? Bullshit. Again, dishonest or just a dumbass?

You realize you are talking about people who were at the IRS well before Obama arrived?

BigRedChief
05-16-2013, 10:24 PM
First off, like Obama does, you completely ignored the context of each situation - Reagan trying to save people and fight our enemy, Obama's team trying to oppress Americans to win an election. Plus, there was no 'selling arms to profit'; arms were sold trying to save Americans and funds were sent to people fighting those holding our hostages. Ignoring those points means you are either dishonest or a dumbass.You are clueless. Grab a history book pal. Reagan went on national TV and said you know me, I nor anyone sold arms to Iran. Oboma had nothing to do with the talking points being changed. He didn't go on TV knowing it was a terriost attack and tell everyone, you know me, it was a protest.

Reagan knew that was a lie because he authorized the sale. Iran got over a 100 air to air missles. Congress specifically banned any help for the Contras. He violated a Congressional law that was passed.

It's important that we view our leaders with the warts they all have and not as saints.