PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Back in January....

gblowfish
05-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Several Oklahoma congressman voted against sending aid to the east coast for Hurricane Sandy. Let's hope with the terrible damage in Oklahoma today, that the congressmen from the East Coast show more Grace and Sympathy to the good common folks in Oklahoma, despite what some Oklahoma congressmen did just five months ago. Natural disasters in the USA should not be fodder for party politics.

http://www.ktul.com/story/20509084/oklahoma-congressmen-defend-voting-against-sandy-aid

chiefforlife
05-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Karma is a bitch!

ClevelandBronco
05-20-2013, 08:58 PM
I hope Rep. Mullin and Rep. Bridenstine insist on offsetting spending cuts as a condition of accepting emergency aid. Really.

Brock
05-20-2013, 09:14 PM
Those hypocritical fake fucks will be the first with their hands out.

Garcia Bronco
05-20-2013, 09:34 PM
They'll be a time to discuss this sort of thing. I have some things I'd like to discuss on the issues of that area, now is not the time.

ClevelandBronco
05-20-2013, 09:41 PM
They'll be a time to discuss this sort of thing. I have some things I'd like to discuss on the issues of that area, now is not the time.

Just let us know when you're ready.

Garcia Bronco
05-20-2013, 09:43 PM
Just let us know when you're ready.

Hehe...

I am just saying that people are uner emotional right now.

Pitt Gorilla
05-20-2013, 09:52 PM
I hope Rep. Mullin and Rep. Bridenstine insist on offsetting spending cuts as a condition of accepting emergency aid. Really.They're complete clowns.

BigRedChief
05-20-2013, 10:07 PM
Hehe...

I am just saying that people are uner emotional right now.We are all Americans that doesnt change and its not emotional. You have a tornado, a hurricane or a flood Americans will help Americans. Your infrastructure is out. Local police, fire and government overwhelmed, we will be there to help. We don't say let me cut some head start money and then I'll get you some help.

Those Republicans that voted to not give aid to New Jersey are damn lucky that American helping each other in time of disaster is going to over rule karma.

Bump
05-20-2013, 10:10 PM
people will put their money together with fundraisers. It's sad that only money can determine if people get help or not.

Prison Bitch
05-20-2013, 10:17 PM
This is really dumb. They didn't like the pork laced onto the bill. Congress was more than willing to fund the Sandy portion.

BigRedChief
05-20-2013, 10:20 PM
people will put their money together with fundraisers. It's sad that only money can determine if people get help or not.Only government can provide the level of help needed in a natural disaster.

Your local bake sale going to raise $60 billion to help rebuild?
Your local neighbor hood watch going to provide security against looters?
Your local plumber going to bring in fresh water, food, toilet paper?
Your neighboor going to provide you a place for your family to live for months, if they even have their house too?

Get in the real world

LiveSteam
05-20-2013, 10:21 PM
This is really dumb. They didn't like the pork laced onto the bill. Congress was more than willing to fund the Sandy portion.

http://www.ignitumtoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Paul-Harvey-300x200.png

LiveSteam
05-20-2013, 10:22 PM
Only government can provide the level of help needed in a natural disaster.

Your neighboor going to provide you a place for your family to live for months, if they even have their house too?

Get in the real world

How did we ever get up after getting knocked down before big GOV

Prison Bitch
05-20-2013, 10:27 PM
60b, huh?

Bump
05-20-2013, 10:28 PM

Get in the real world

ok. It will up to people's donations to the red cross and shit on a national level. You will see everytime you go grocery shopping "donate $1 to the American Red Cross for Oklahoma tornado relief"

The government couldn't care less about any of those people and they will not even attempt to help them.

KChiefer
05-20-2013, 10:33 PM
ok. It will up to people's donations to the red cross and shit on a national level. You will see everytime you go grocery shopping "donate $1 to the American Red Cross for Oklahoma tornado relief"

The government couldn't care less about any of those people and they will not even attempt to help them.

Is the Red Cross going to clear all the debris?

Prison Bitch
05-20-2013, 10:36 PM
Only question left is whether Obama will count the debris crew as "jobs created" by his admin.

BucEyedPea
05-20-2013, 10:42 PM

Get in the real world

I think you need to get in the real world. It's not about bake sales and local neighborhood watches. Americans are the biggest donators in the world—even to people we don't even know in foreign countries. And some of that aid is more efficient than FEMAs. Even our private contributions to the Indonesian tsunami was far, far greater than any money from Europeans.

LiveSteam
05-20-2013, 10:43 PM

I dnt know about today. But back in the 70s & 80s The state guard units did the cleaning up here in Nebraska. The 1975 tornado that hit Omaha & the 7 twisters that hit Grand island in the 80s were both cleaned up by the 867th combat engineers & my oldman head up both cleanups. Plus a couple bad blizzards in the early 70s

Bump
05-20-2013, 11:00 PM
reddit has some pictures up. The whole place got leveled.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/1eqjpr/teachers_carrying_elementary_students_out_of/

InChiefsHell
05-20-2013, 11:06 PM
reddit has some pictures up. The whole place got leveled.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/1eqjpr/teachers_carrying_elementary_students_out_of/

Holy shit. Pictures say 1000 words...

InChiefsHell
05-20-2013, 11:08 PM
Several Oklahoma congressman voted against sending aid to the east coast for Hurricane Sandy. Let's hope with the terrible damage in Oklahoma today, that the congressmen from the East Coast show more Grace and Sympathy to the good common folks in Oklahoma, despite what some Oklahoma congressmen did just five months ago. Natural disasters in the USA should not be fodder for party politics.

http://www.ktul.com/story/20509084/oklahoma-congressmen-defend-voting-against-sandy-aid

George, do you honestly think they didn't want to send aid to Sandy victims? Isn't it more likely that the evil pricks who snuck a bunch of pork into the bill are the real bad guys? That way they can point to anyone who votes against it as "evil mean people who don't care?" And apparently they get others to believe that too...

Brock
05-21-2013, 08:22 AM
George, do you honestly think they didn't want to send aid to Sandy victims? Isn't it more likely that the evil pricks who snuck a bunch of pork into the bill are the real bad guys? That way they can point to anyone who votes against it as "evil mean people who don't care?" And apparently they get others to believe that too...

You think they will vote against aid for OK, pork or not? If so, you are retarded.

Loneiguana
05-21-2013, 08:41 AM
At least they are consistent.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/oklahoma-gop-sen-tom-coburn-will-seek-to

Oklahoma GOP Sen. Tom Coburn Will Seek To Offset Tornado Aid

"Oklahoma Republican Sen. Tom Coburn will seek to offset federal aid to victims of a massive tornado that blasted through Oklahoma City suburbs on Monday with cuts elsewhere in the budget.

"That's always been his position [to offset disaster aid]," a spokesman told the Huffington Post Monday night. "He supported offsets to the bill funding the OKC bombing recovery effort."

Coburn, who intends to retire in 2016, joined his fellow Oklahoma Sen. Jim Inhofe (R) last year in supporting an amendment that would have substantially cut a package of $60 billion dollars intended for reconstruction of the East Coast in the wake of Superstorm Sandy. The measure eventually passed in two parts with most of the Senate Republican caucus in opposition, but not before New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) and New York GOP Reps. Peter King and Michael Grimm offered scathing critiques that their party was abandoning stranded people in the wake of the storm."

/This is the mindset of today's GOP. Millions of dollars towards useless gestures like voting to repeal Obamacare, billions of dollars fo outdated and unused military programs, but for AMERICANS that really need help? Fark them.
//What is the Federal Government there for if not to help out it's citizens in time of disaster

blaise
05-21-2013, 08:57 AM

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/oklahoma-gop-sen-tom-coburn-will-seek-to

"Oklahoma Republican Sen. Tom Coburn will seek to offset federal aid to victims of a massive tornado that blasted through Oklahoma City suburbs on Monday with cuts elsewhere in the budget.

"That's always been his position [to offset disaster aid]," a spokesman told the Huffington Post Monday night. "He supported offsets to the bill funding the OKC bombing recovery effort."

Coburn, who intends to retire in 2016, joined his fellow Oklahoma Sen. Jim Inhofe (R) last year in supporting an amendment that would have substantially cut a package of $60 billion dollars intended for reconstruction of the East Coast in the wake of Superstorm Sandy. The measure eventually passed in two parts with most of the Senate Republican caucus in opposition, but not before New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) and New York GOP Reps. Peter King and Michael Grimm offered scathing critiques that their party was abandoning stranded people in the wake of the storm."

/This is the mindset of today's GOP. Millions of dollars towards useless gestures like voting to repeal Obamacare, billions of dollars fo outdated and unused military programs, but for AMERICANS that really need help? Fark them.
//What is the Federal Government there for if not to help out it's citizens in time of disaster

Unless I'm reading that wrong isn't he saying to cut money from outdated programs and give it to relief?

InChiefsHell
05-21-2013, 08:59 AM
It's not helping people that's the problem. It's all the greedy bastards adding bullshit to the bill in a time of crisis...if that's not exploitation I don't know what is.

Comrade Crapski
05-21-2013, 09:02 AM
How did Barry find out about the tornado?

FishingRod
05-21-2013, 10:58 AM

Got to give them some credit for consistency. Iím pretty conservative but unlike many of my brethren I do believe natural disasters to be a proper use of Federal fund. Some of these guys may actually believe what they are saying but, I think it is more of a bit of grandstanding to point out that the money does eventually have to come from somewhere. A little more honest flip side to the coin of we canít afford white house tours because of the sequester kind of thing .

In a realtated topic, Iím not sure if there is an impeachment like process for members of the house and senate but, adding unrelated pork to a relief bill designed to help victims of a disaster is an act slimy enough that we should at least be able to kick these bastages to the curb for it. It is nothing short of embezzling money from the American tax payer.

patteeu
05-21-2013, 11:34 AM
We are all Americans that doesnt change and its not emotional. You have a tornado, a hurricane or a flood Americans will help Americans. Your infrastructure is out. Local police, fire and government overwhelmed, we will be there to help. We don't say let me cut some head start money and then I'll get you some help.

Those Republicans that voted to not give aid to New Jersey are damn lucky that American helping each other in time of disaster is going to over rule karma.

The other, equally legitimate way to look at this is that aid to Sandy victims wasn't important enough to democrats to find the money in less important parts of the budget. In other words, every dollar of spending previously allocated, was more important to democrats than Sandy relief. Republicans, OTOH, were more than willing to divert funds from less important parts of the budget to relieve the suffering of the victims of Sandy.

ptlyon
05-21-2013, 11:41 AM
How did Barry find out about the tornado?

On the golf course

FishingRod
05-21-2013, 11:47 AM
The other, equally legitimate way to look at this is that aid to Sandy victims wasn't important enough to democrats to find the money in less important parts of the budget. In other words, every dollar of spending previously allocated, was more important to democrats than Sandy relief. Republicans, OTOH, were more than willing to divert funds from less important parts of the budget to relieve the suffering of the victims of Sandy.

But that viewpoint doesnít really jive with Republicans are greedy and mean and Democrats are nice and generous.

The Federal Government collects somewhere in the ballpark of 1.5 trillion dollars a year. It would be really interesting to see what was important if they actually had to come up with a budget including (monies set aside for disasters) that could not exceed expended revenue. Then after 5 months they had run out of money they were required to raise more if they needed to spend more. I suspect none of them would be reelected.

BigRedChief
05-21-2013, 05:19 PM
The other, equally legitimate way to look at this is that aid to Sandy victims wasn't important enough to democrats to find the money in less important parts of the budget. In other words, every dollar of spending previously allocated, was more important to democrats than Sandy relief. Republicans, OTOH, were more than willing to divert funds from less important parts of the budget to relieve the suffering of the victims of Sandy.Then you get into the partisan politics of budget cutting. Dems say sure lets cut oil company welfare and that stupid ass tank order. R's say lets cut programs to the poor. What have we gained?

The best thing is to just put it in the budget. The chances of some hurricane, tornado, flood etc. are going to happen almost every year. You don't know where but its expected. If you don't have one, carry the money over to the next year. Then if you have a hurricane in NJ and a tornado in Oklahoma the people can get the help they need and there is no budget battle.

mlyonsd
05-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Then you get into the partisan politics of budget cutting. Dems say sure lets cut oil company welfare and that stupid ass tank order. R's say lets cut programs to the poor. What have we gained?

The best thing is to just put it in the budget. The chances of some hurricane, tornado, flood etc. are going to happen almost every year. You don't know where but its expected. If you don't have one, carry the money over to the next year. Then if you have a hurricane in NJ and a tornado in Oklahoma the people can get the help they need and there is no budget battle.
Automatically putting dollars into the budget not knowing how much will be necessary or if they will be spent doesn't seem like a smart idea. Especially considering the elected thieves we have living at the federal level.

BigRedChief
05-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Automatically putting dollars into the budget not knowing how much will be necessary or if they will be spent doesn't seem like a smart idea. Especially considering the elected thieves we have living at the federal level.True dat.

Disaster recovery is civilian government at its best. Getting water and food into the area. Providing security. Temp housing. Corp of engineers to help rebuild. Provide expertise on how to get your infrastructure back online quickly etc.

When we have always provided for the victims of natural disasters it would be piss me off to see the elected representatives deciding if I was worthy of finding the money to rebuild my community. NJ is still pissed off. We drag our feet Ok will be pissed off.

Prison Bitch
05-21-2013, 07:51 PM
But that viewpoint doesnít really jive with Republicans are greedy and mean and Democrats are nice and generous.

The Federal Government collects somewhere in the ballpark of 1.5 trillion dollars a year. It would be really interesting to see what was important if they actually had to come up with a budget including (monies set aside for disasters) that could not exceed expended revenue. Then after 5 months they had run out of money they were required to raise more if they needed to spend more. I suspect none of them would be reelected.

Remember the rule of budgets: if you have two expenditures (one worthless and the other vital) and you face a cut, you cut the vital service. Why? It's the best way to restate all prior funding!

BucEyedPea
05-21-2013, 07:52 PM
Then you get into the partisan politics of budget cutting. Dems say sure lets cut oil company welfare and that stupid ass tank order. R's say lets cut programs to the poor. What have we gained?

R you sure you wanna go there? That money helps fund teacher pensions.

Bump
05-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Kevin Durant is a good dude. Donated a million to relief efforts.

Ricky Gervais is also a good and funny dude. Celebs like Rhianna and Beyonce tweeted "prayers sent to OKC" and Gervais responded to those tweets "Now I feel like an idiot, I only sent money"

gblowfish
05-21-2013, 08:16 PM
Whoops.... said both Senators from Oklahoma....

http://tinyurl.com/mmxojct

BigRedChief
05-21-2013, 09:22 PM
ok. It will up to people's donations to the red cross and shit on a national level.Are they going to bring the night vision and thermal vision goggles with them to search in the rubble for survivors? Trained search and rescue teams?

Prison Bitch
05-21-2013, 11:32 PM
Global warming strikes again

cosmo20002
05-21-2013, 11:41 PM
Kevin Durant is a good dude. Donated a million to relief efforts.

Ricky Gervais is also a good and funny dude. Celebs like Rhianna and Beyonce tweeted "prayers sent to OKC" and Gervais responded to those tweets "Now I feel like an idiot, I only sent money"

According to the Westboro Church, he is the one who caused the tornado in the first place. You see, Durant, who plays for Oklahoma City, publicly supported Jason Collins (the gay NBA player). Therefore, the tornado was sent to punish Oklahoma. Not making this up, that's what they said.

ClevelandBronco
05-21-2013, 11:48 PM
According to the Westboro Church, he is the one who caused the tornado in the first place. You see, Durant, who plays for Oklahoma City, publicly supported Jason Collins (the gay NBA player). Therefore, the tornado was sent to punish Oklahoma. Not making this up, that's what they said.

If they'd just tweak their reputation management strategy a bit I'll bet they could get a government grant to fund the research they'd need to prove that scientifically.

HonestChieffan
05-21-2013, 11:56 PM

Some Brit Muslim Poobaa said it was Allah punishing Americans. Im betting on the poobaa.

Bump
05-22-2013, 12:22 AM

lol those people and their Christianity...

cosmo20002
05-22-2013, 12:28 AM
If they'd just tweak their reputation management strategy a bit I'll bet they could get a government grant to fund the research they'd need to prove that scientifically.

Well, maybe from a Republican administration. Can you imagine how much they would love to prove a gay-tornado link?

InChiefsHell
05-22-2013, 07:26 AM
Well, maybe from a Republican administration. Can you imagine how much they would love to prove a gay-tornado link?

:rolleyes:

Loneiguana
05-22-2013, 07:29 AM
"(CNN) - Facing questions on his position about federal disaster aid Tuesday, Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma confirmed he would want to offset any relief money with cuts to other parts of the budget but quickly added now was not the time do be discussing such matters.

"It's insensitive to even talk about it now," Coburn said in an exclusive interview with CNN's Chief Congressional Correspondent Dana Bash on Capitol Hill. "It just shows the crassness of Washington versus the sensitivity that we need to have."

ROFL

His comments came as he was walking out of a meeting with the Oklahoma congressional delegation, who were on their way to Joint Base Andrews to get on a military plane for Oklahoma to survey the damage and assess and help with the federal response.

Earlier this year Coburn and fellow Republican Sen. James Inhofe were two of 36 senators who voted against a large chunk of the massive federal relief bill for Superstorm Sandy, citing concerns about the hefty price tag."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/21/cnn-exclusive-oklahoma-senators-on-disaster-relief-funding/?hpt=hp_t2

jjjayb
05-22-2013, 07:36 AM
"(CNN) - Facing questions on his position about federal disaster aid Tuesday, Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma confirmed he would want to offset any relief money with cuts to other parts of the budget but quickly added now was not the time do be discussing such matters.

"It's insensitive to even talk about it now," Coburn said in an exclusive interview with CNN's Chief Congressional Correspondent Dana Bash on Capitol Hill. "It just shows the crassness of Washington versus the sensitivity that we need to have."

ROFL

His comments came as he was walking out of a meeting with the Oklahoma congressional delegation, who were on their way to Joint Base Andrews to get on a military plane for Oklahoma to survey the damage and assess and help with the federal response.

Earlier this year Coburn and fellow Republican Sen. James Inhofe were two of 36 senators who voted against a large chunk of the massive federal relief bill for Superstorm Sandy, citing concerns about the hefty price tag."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/21/cnn-exclusive-oklahoma-senators-on-disaster-relief-funding/?hpt=hp_t2

Why doesn't it surprise me that in any of these news stories I read they don't mention the real reason for rejecting the aid bill? They rejected it because it was filled with PORK. Yet, that is never mentioned. Not much bias in our media. Naaah.

BucEyedPea
05-22-2013, 07:40 AM

That's the local govt and state govt's job.

InChiefsHell
05-22-2013, 07:40 AM
Why doesn't it surprise me that in any of these news stories I read they don't mention the real reason for rejecting the aid bill? They rejected it because it was filled with PORK. Yet, that is never mentioned. Not much bias in our media. Naaah.

That's how they play the game. Come up with a bill, call it something flowery like the "keep children alive" bill, and then load it with a shit ton of pork that has nothing to do with the bill, exploiting the reason for the bill. Then when people oppose it, they can come out and say "Look! Those lousy bastards want to kill children!!"

And all the people who can't seem to get this through their heads are willing sheeple.

I fucking hate Washington.

BucEyedPea
05-22-2013, 07:43 AM
Got to give them some credit for consistency. I’m pretty conservative but unlike many of my brethren I do believe natural disasters to be a proper use of Federal fund.

Believe? At least you used the right word. I don't know where the US Constitution allows federal money for disaster relief. ( I expect the Iguana who stands alone, to cite the general welfare/tax and spend clause for a big hijack though. General means for all, not certain people. )

Loneiguana
05-22-2013, 07:43 AM

No, there was not a lot of Pork in the bill. But a republican will lie about anything to get their way.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-january-7-2013/c--k-block-you-on-the-hurricane

Skip to 3:20 just to see how much " Pork" was on that bill
Republicans: Embarrassment to America, Embarrassment to the world.

Here this is: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr152/text

Show where the pork is.

Loneiguana
05-22-2013, 07:44 AM
Believe? At least you used the right word. I don't know where the US Constitution allows federal money for disaster relief. ( I expect the Iguana who stands alone, to cite the general welfare/tax and spend clause for a big hijack though. General means for all, not certain people. )

ROFL

Secession isn't written in the constituion either, but that doesn't stop you from believing in it. ROFL

BucEyedPea
05-22-2013, 07:46 AM
I want to know how much money Cosmos, KChiefer, Loneiguana and BigRedChief are donating to this cause, as opposed to using other people's money?

My quess is zero. It's a let the federal govt take care of it and then tax the rich for it.

I gave.

Loneiguana
05-22-2013, 07:47 AM
Jon Stewart:

"What would Jesus or any other Human being who isn't an assh***e do?"

BucEyedPea
05-22-2013, 07:49 AM
ROFL

Secession isn't written in the constituion either, but that doesn't stop you from believing in it. ROFL

It doesn't need to. It's a negative rights document. Something you still lack the IQ to understand. The doc restrains the federal govt primarily—the rest allows the people and the states to do what they want without specific enumeration. That by definition allows secession, since there is no delegated power for the feds to use force should a state leave.

I see all you can do is deflect with a major hijack—again. Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid.

BucEyedPea
05-22-2013, 07:50 AM
Jon Stewart:

"What would Jesus or any other Human being who isn't an assh***e do?"

Have you donated?

BucEyedPea
05-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Deafening silence from the Progs after my last post.

BucEyedPea
05-22-2013, 08:07 AM
So Loneiguana, Christ would ask you what you have done personally here, for your own spiritual salvation—not what the state would do. Don't mix church and state now.

BucEyedPea
05-22-2013, 08:11 AM
Glowfish as well, what have you donated for this?

I forgot you in my list of Progs.

Come on, all you wanting federal funds for this, put your money where your MOUTHS are!

WhawhaWhat
05-22-2013, 08:21 AM
Text 90999 on your phone and you will donate $10 to the Red Cross.

Also, 80888 to donate $10 to the Salvation Army.

BucEyedPea
05-22-2013, 08:28 AM
Ten bucks? How 'bout a hundred dollars? Or Fifty, maybe $25!
Geezus! The "shamers" can't afford to be cheapazzes!

Remember the dollar doesn't buy much, so all die-hard Keynesians need to give $200.

WhawhaWhat
05-22-2013, 09:42 AM
Ten bucks? How 'bout a hundred dollars? Or Fifty, maybe $25!
Geezus! The "shamers" can't afford to be cheapazzes!

Remember the dollar doesn't buy much, so all die-hard Keynesians need to give $200.

Luckily we can text more than once.

ClevelandBronco
05-22-2013, 09:58 AM
So Loneiguana, Christ would ask you what you have done personally here, for your own spiritual salvation...

A Roman Catholic Jesus would ask that. A Protestant Jesus wouldn't.

BucEyedPea
05-22-2013, 10:00 AM
A Roman Catholic Jesus would ask that. A Protestant Jesus wouldn't.

'Er, or a secularist Jesus since there is only a paradise on earth.

BucEyedPea
05-22-2013, 10:11 AM
Glowfish is whining in the lounge after being told to give more after he calls out Republicans as being cheap azzes for not using more of OTHER people's money.

jjjayb
05-22-2013, 11:03 AM
No, there was not a lot of Pork in the bill. But a republican will lie about anything to get their way.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-january-7-2013/c--k-block-you-on-the-hurricane

Skip to 3:20 just to see how much " Pork" was on that bill
Republicans: Embarrassment to America, Embarrassment to the world.

Here this is: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr152/text

Show where the pork is.

9.7 Billion dollars doesn't count for anything!?!? And you say Republicans are an embarassment?

BucEyedPea
05-22-2013, 11:15 AM

Giving away other people's money is charitable to the leftónot being stingy with your own.

InChiefsHell
05-22-2013, 12:23 PM
9.7 Billion dollars doesn't count for anything!?!? And you say Republicans are an embarassment?

Shit dude, that's chump change...:rolleyes:

BigRedChief
05-22-2013, 05:43 PM
I want to know how much money Cosmos, KChiefer, Loneiguana and BigRedChief are donating to this cause, as opposed to using other people's money?

My quess is zero. It's a let the federal govt take care of it and then tax the rich for it.

I gave.Wrong. I love to give via my phone or paypal. You make it easy for me, you get more money.

You have seen the pics of my house. I'm not poor. I just was at one time.

Bewbies
05-22-2013, 05:47 PM
Wrong. I love to give via my phone or paypal. You make it easy for me, you get more money.

You are so cool.

cosmo20002
05-22-2013, 05:55 PM

I gave.

If you are really wanting to know that, you should get a life. How about I give to the things I want to, you give to the causes you want to, and then you can fuck off, crazy bitch.

BucEyedPea
05-22-2013, 05:56 PM
Wrong. I love to give via my phone or paypal. You make it easy for me, you get more money.

Well great! So why do you need other people's money for causes you support?

Other than that, being well-off or rich is meaningless to me on how much someone gives.
I've done work for fundraising outfits and I was told that it was the mid-income people that were shown to give the most.( $50k-$75k). There's a lot more of those than the big donors. They gave in smaller amounts than the big donors say like $50 to $100 or so, but they gave also more often.

Even this NPR survey shows a similar pattern.
http://www.npr.org/2012/08/20/158947667/study-reveals-the-geography-of-charitable-giving

BucEyedPea
05-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Wow! Just look at this, "liberals" (Leftists & Progs) really are ...

Bleeding Heart Tightwads

Gotta love the title.

Liberals show tremendous compassion in pushing for generous government spending to help the neediest people at home and abroad. Yet when it comes to individual contributions to charitable causes, liberals are cheapskates. [Note: They prefer to use other people's money.]

Arthur Brooks, the author of a book on donors to charity, “Who Really Cares,” cites data that households headed by conservatives give 30 percent more to charity than households headed by liberals. A study by Google found an even greater disproportion: average annual contributions reported by conservatives were almost double those of liberals.

Other research has reached similar conclusions. The “generosity index” from the Catalogue for Philanthropy typically finds that red states are the most likely to give to nonprofits, while Northeastern states are least likely to do so.

The upshot is that Democrats, who speak passionately about the hungry and homeless, personally fork over less money to charity than Republicans — the ones who try to cut health insurance for children. ...

Even the NY Times printed that!
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/opinion/21kristof.html

BigRedChief
05-22-2013, 06:38 PM
You are so cool.No one has ever said that to me. Thanks, you made my day.