PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ed Werder reporting no Duanta Robinson Sunday...

DTLB58
09-14-2013, 04:42 PM
@Edwerderespn: Source: Chiefs likely won't have CB Donta Robinson to cover Miles Austin in slot. Robinson expects to miss game to be with cousin hit by car.

We don't know the details but...A Cousion? I mean if it was a spouse or child, but wow. This guy got out of every TC session he could also with some kind of injury. I would think he was gonna cover Miles in the slot? So kinda big deal.

Can we get Arenas back?

bevischief
09-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Wut?

a pp roach
09-14-2013, 04:46 PM
you don't know how close him and his cousin are.

ShowtimeSBMVP
09-14-2013, 04:48 PM
NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 33s
Chiefs CB Dunta Robinson reportedly to miss Sunday's game to be with a cousin who was struck by a vehicle, in ICU http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000243942/article/chiefs-cb-robinson-expected-to-miss-game-vs-cowboys?campaign=Twitter_atl …

Deberg_1990
09-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Marcus Cooper and Ron Parker got dis.

mdchiefsfan
09-14-2013, 04:49 PM
Aww shit.

BlackHelicopters
09-14-2013, 04:50 PM
He will be missed

a pp roach
09-14-2013, 04:50 PM
agnew got dis

the Talking Can
09-14-2013, 04:51 PM
did he play last week?

vailpass
09-14-2013, 04:52 PM
@Edwerderespn: Source: Chiefs likely won't have CB Donta Robinson to cover Miles Austin in slot. Robinson expects to miss game to be with cousin hit by car.

We don't know the details but...A Cousion? I mean if it was a spouse or child, but wow. This guy got out of every TC session he could also with some kind of injury. I would think he was gonna cover Miles in the slot? So kinda big deal.

Can we get Arenas back?

I am very close to some of my cousins, grew up with them like brothers.

-King-
09-14-2013, 04:52 PM
Damn that sucks. I think Flowers would have been on Miles anyway. Our defense isn't left side CB and right side CB anymore. Our CBs move around based on assignment. Flowers will be on Miles and Smith on Dez.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-14-2013, 04:54 PM
I have a cousin that is literally the closest thing to a brother that I have. Don't discount this just because of a title.

Thig Lyfe
09-14-2013, 04:57 PM
FUCKIN DOOMED

Hammock Parties
09-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Duanta Robinson?

Is he related to Ryan Simms or Johnny Morton?

mikey23545
09-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Robinson has been with his cousin all week, right? Now he's going to miss the game as well?

So is Robinson a surgeon or faith healer or something?...Is this going to help his cousin recover or jump out of bed healed?

dlphg9
09-14-2013, 05:08 PM
Some of you are douchebags. Get your damn priorities straight.

vailpass
09-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Robinson has been with his cousin all week, right? Now he's going to miss the game as well?

So is Robinson a surgeon or faith healer or something?...Is this going to help his cousin recover or jump out of bed healed?

Maybe he just loves his cousin and needs to be there?

Bugeater
09-14-2013, 05:10 PM
These guys only have to "work" sixteen fucking days a year.

Deberg_1990
09-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Some of you are douchebags. Get your damn priorities straight.

This.

In the grand scheme, it's not all that important of a game anyways. Early season, interconference. It's not like its Decemeber and we are playing the Broncos with the playoffs on the line.

Bugeater
09-14-2013, 05:16 PM
This.

In the grand scheme, it's not all that important of a game anyways. Early season, interconference. It's not like its Decemeber and we are playing the Broncos with the playoffs on the line.
Fuck you. I hate the fucking Dallas Cowboys with a goddamn passion, this game means everything to me.

mcaj22
09-14-2013, 05:17 PM
3 years 15 million for the guy to come and go lol

Deberg_1990
09-14-2013, 05:20 PM
**** you. I hate the ****ing Dallas Cowboys with a goddamn passion, this game means everything to me.

I hate them too, but just being realistic.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
09-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Never hear of em

vailpass
09-14-2013, 05:35 PM

Pretty cool of the Chiefs to allow it...

Chiefs Pantalones
09-14-2013, 05:38 PM
Abdullah in the slot?

RealSNR
09-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Who the fuck is going to play nickel? Marcus Cooper?

That will be fun :doh!:

okcchief
09-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Everyone bashed this acquisition at the time. Now we can't live without him because he's on Austin? We got this. If his cousin is this important to him he'd be checked out anyway. Probably better this way.

Easy 6
09-14-2013, 05:43 PM
If his head really isn't going to be on the game, then its best he stays where he is... don't need him ****ing up the home opener.

Brock
09-14-2013, 05:44 PM
This.

Fuck off, it's the home opener.

notorious
09-14-2013, 05:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uj0Vezd.gif

RealSNR
09-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Everyone bashed this acquisition at the time. Now we can't live without him because he's on Austin? We got this. If his cousin is this important to him he'd be checked out anyway. Probably better this way.

No, it's just that the #1 guy who will see tons of action against Austin wasn't even on the team before September 1st. He's been given 2 weeks and now we're depending on him to do a big job.

That's risky kind of roster maneuvering, and now Dorsey may pay a price for that if Robinson is out.

Sure-Oz
09-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Isn't his cousin in a coma?

RealSNR
09-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Oh, and did I mention he's a 7th round rookie? He's not even a veteran.

splatbass
09-14-2013, 05:49 PM
**** you. I hate the ****ing Dallas Cowboys with a goddamn passion, this game means everything to me.

And his family means everything to him.

TEX
09-14-2013, 05:58 PM
Jerry Jones probably was driving the other car...

Seriously,
This is exactly the kind of thing I was concerned with when KC signed Daunta. (this and how many steps he's lost) There ALWAYS is SOMETHING with this guy and that dates back to his TEXAN days. Dude just can't be counted on. There were a couple of these kinds of stories a season about him "possibly" missing a game. Many times they were just stories and he showed, but the process just gets old.

Bob Dole
09-14-2013, 05:59 PM
**** off, it's the home opener.

And Bob Dole has to live surrounded by these fucks.

Bugeater
09-14-2013, 06:01 PM
And his family means everything to him.
And he can spend the other six days of the week with them.

Dunerdr
09-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Werent there reports that abdullah was splitting snaps with him anyway? Twatter that shit. I feel more comfortable with abdullah there anyway duntas blown coverages here and there. I think abdullas hungry to prove his worth.

MotherfuckerJones
09-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Time to rally around him lets go chiefs!

xztop123
09-14-2013, 06:08 PM
A cousin???????

-King-
09-14-2013, 06:11 PM

Yeah, fuck family emergencies LOL

TEX

And ALL of Sunday AFTER the game. He should MAN - UP and didicate the game to his cousin and go out and play the game of his life. That's what I'd try and do.

Kinda like when Bret Favre's father died and he went out and KILLED Oakland om MNF the next day. Or last year when one of the Raven's players lost his brother in a car accident and he whent out and played a great game. It's all in how one chooses to look at things.

nychief
This is fucking stupid.

MotherfuckerJones
09-14-2013, 06:12 PM
Yeah, **** family emergencies LOL
Not at all. Time to rally around him.

MotherfuckerJones
09-14-2013, 06:13 PM
This is ****ing stupid.

No it isn't, what if it was yours?

vailpass
09-14-2013, 06:14 PM

Hard to play if you haven't been at practice that week to learn the installs.

-King-
09-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Not at all. Time to rally around him.

Didn't catch the sarcasm?

MotherfuckerJones
09-14-2013, 06:17 PM
Didn't catch the sarcasm?

Lol Internet bro :)

Dunerdr
09-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Abdullah did not practice and if his injury is such that he can’t play Sunday in Jacksonville, it will hamper the Chiefs on defense and in the kicking game. Abdullah jumped ahead of CB Dunta Robinson as the nickel back. He’s also on all the special teams units.
Per bobgretz.com sep. 5

http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/chiefs-practice-report-september-5.html

kcxiv
09-14-2013, 06:19 PM
I have a cousin that is literally the closest thing to a brother that I have. Don't discount this just because of a title.

Yep, i have a friend thats like my bro, when i had to be in a wheel chair for 7 months, he came almost everyday in the morning and helped me do my shit before he had to head out to work. Its all about the person, now if they are your bro or sis or whatever. I know some family members that dont even like one another and its pretty sickening how bad they get.

kcxiv
09-14-2013, 06:21 PM
And ALL of Sunday AFTER the game. He should MAN - UP and didicate the game to his cousin and go out and play the game of his life. That's what I'd try and do.

Kinda like when Bret Favre's father died and he went out and KILLED Oakland om MNF the next day. Or last year when one of the Raven's players lost his brother in a car accident and he whent out and played a great game. It's all in how one chooses to look at things.

well, there's a diffrerence, one guy is dead, and the other isnt. Once a person dies, thats it, i lost my sister recently, didnt get to say bye or anything. At least he gets too, maybe.

vailpass
09-14-2013, 06:24 PM
well, there's a diffrerence, one guy is dead, and the other isnt. Once a person dies, thats it, i lost my sister recently, didnt get to say bye or anything. At least he gets too, maybe.

Condolences, sorry for your loss.

RealSNR
09-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Jamaal Charles had a cousin murdered by Jovan Belcher last year and he still played on Sunday

vailpass
09-14-2013, 06:28 PM
Jamaal Charles had a cousin murdered by Jovan Belcher last year and he still played on Sunday

Some are closer than others...

RealSNR
09-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Some are closer than others...

He ALSO lost a teammate to suicide that very same week, if that makes much of a difference.

vailpass
09-14-2013, 06:31 PM
He ALSO lost a teammate to suicide that very same week, if that makes much of a difference.

I hear you. No telling people how to handle their business though, everyone's different.

-King-
09-14-2013, 06:31 PM

That was his wife's cousin, not his.

-King-
09-14-2013, 06:33 PM

LMAOLMAO This is just hilarious. Someones family member may be dying and we're telling to man up just so we can win a game.

Bugeater
09-14-2013, 06:38 PM
LMAOLMAO This is just hilarious. Someones family member may be dying and we're telling to man up just so we can win a game.
I don't think it's too much to ask.

RealSNR
09-14-2013, 06:39 PM
That was his wife's cousin, not his.

Maybe he was close to her more than the other cousins of his wife?

milkman
09-14-2013, 06:39 PM

Our entertainment and desire to see this team win is so much more important than something so trivial as family tragedy.

Bugeater
09-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Our entertainment and desire to see this team win is so much more important than something so trivial as family tragedy.That's what I've been trying to say all along!

MMXcalibur
09-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Nobody knows the relationship between him and his cousin.
Understanding that a couple of us have "dark humor", a few of you need to take a step back and reassess your perspective on this.

bevischief
09-14-2013, 06:45 PM
And Bob Dole has to live surrounded by these ****s.

LMAO

BossChief
09-14-2013, 06:47 PM
We are better without him anyway.

bevischief
09-14-2013, 06:47 PM

Sorry to hear this.

TribalElder
09-14-2013, 06:49 PM
who will play the role of getting burned in the slot for our DB's now?

I mean we already sent arenas packing. Who will get victimized tomorrow?

bevischief
09-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Our entertainment and desire to see this team win is so much more important than something so trivial as family tragedy.

That's what I've been trying to say all along!

That's what I was thinking...

xztop123
09-14-2013, 06:52 PM

The amount he makes for one paycheck is enough to save entire villages of families overseas

xztop123
09-14-2013, 06:53 PM
I actually think this could be huge and might be the decider in the result....

AussieChiefsFan
09-14-2013, 06:53 PM
I actually think this could be huge and might be the decider in the result....:doh!:

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-14-2013, 06:56 PM
Maybe cousin is a euphemism for a Kerry Rhodes like relationship.

MMXcalibur
09-14-2013, 06:57 PM
I actually think this could be huge and might be the decider in the result....

Yup, this was it.
The tilting point of this game.

TEX
09-14-2013, 07:01 PM

Yep. So laugh away... You're not telling him to do it - I am. So you get brownie points or whatever. He's been with the family since it happened. He can play a 3 hour game and continue to be with the family afterwards. Does he still get paid a full game check? YES. Maybe he shouldn't...

I understand where you're coming from - Its just that THIS particular player has used up all his sympathy cards with me. He has shown in the past that he is ALL about the money. (He actually wrote "Show me the Money" on his shoes for a MNF game while with the Texans). He needs to be treated as such.

ChiefAshhole20
09-14-2013, 07:06 PM
I'd rather have him out with his cousin opposed to him lined up with his head not in the game.

TEX
09-14-2013, 07:37 PM
I'd rather have him out with his cousin opposed to him lined up with his head not in the game.

You have a point. I just wish he would try to channel his emotions.

The Bad Guy
09-14-2013, 07:40 PM
What lunacy. It's his family member. It's a football game. Jesus fuck.

splatbass
09-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Yep. So laugh away... You're not telling him to do it - I am. So you get brownie points or whatever. He's been with the family since it happened. He can play a 3 hour game and continue to be with the family afterwards. Does he still get paid a full game check? YES. Maybe he shouldn't...

I understand where you're coming from - Its just that THIS particular player has used up all his sympathy cards with me. He has shown in the past that he is ALL about the money. (He actually wrote "Show me the Money" on his shoes for a MNF game while with the Texans). He needs to be treated as such.

Some of you are fucking cold. In the end it is just a game, entertainment. It takes a special kind of selfishness to think it is more important for a person to entertain you than to be with his family during a tragedy. You really need some perspective on what is really important in life.

-King-
09-14-2013, 08:00 PM

He's all about the money....yet he'll take the time out to be with family in a time of need. Great logic guy.

-King-
09-14-2013, 08:01 PM
You have a point. I just wish he would try to channel his emotions.

Yeah, it's just life and death of a family member we're talking about here. Clearly a football game is WAY more important than that.

FloridaMan88
09-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Robinson is dealing with a family tragedy and has been excused by his employer to do so... what is the problem?

I don't get it.

RealSNR
09-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Dunta: Hey coach, I've got tragic news. My cousin got hit by a car and isn't doing too well.

Reid: Oh. Damn. I'm really sorry to hear that. Let me know if there's anything we can do for you.

Dunta: Well, I mean, I'd like to see him again in case he doesn't come out of his coma. And time it kind of short.

Reid: Oh.

Dunta: Yeah, so I was hoping I could see him on Sunday...

Reid: Oh. Umm... like... were you close?

Dunta: Yeah. Very close cousin.

Reid: Like... how close?

Dunta: Hmm?

Reid: I mean, like... could you. Uhh. You know... like, could you just, sorta...

Dunta: Just play in the game?

Reid: Ah thanks! That's a big help. Glad you can make it. See ya at practice!

-King-
09-14-2013, 08:26 PM
Dunta: Hey coach, I've got tragic news. My cousin got hit by a car and isn't doing too well.

Reid: Oh. Damn. I'm really sorry to hear that. Let me know if there's anything we can do for you.

Dunta: Well, I mean, I'd like to see him again in case he doesn't come out of his coma. And time it kind of short.

Reid: Oh.

Dunta: Yeah, so I was hoping I could see him on Sunday...

Reid: Oh. Umm... like... were you close?

Dunta: Yeah. Very close cousin.

Reid: Like... how close?

Dunta: Hmm?

Reid: I mean, like... could you. Uhh. You know... like, could you just, sorta...

Dunta: Just play in the game?

Reid: Ah thanks! That's a big help. Glad you can make it. See ya at practice!
LMAOLMAO

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 08:29 PM
What lunacy. It's his family member. It's a football game. Jesus fuck.

Fans are becoming more and more delusional about an athlete's "responsibility".

In all seriousness, the blame lies with Fantasy Football.

ThaVirus
09-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Some of you guys are real fucking idiots. A family member of his could die any damn second and you fuckers think he should suck it up and play in a fucking football GAME for your amusement.

Never mind the fact that this is the same guy who's been called "Cunta", one of the worst CBs according to PFF, and one who "will singlehandedly lose games for us this season". This is a hell of a flip flop, even for some of you fickle fuckers.

ThaVirus
09-14-2013, 08:38 PM
The 9ers lost Chris Culliver for the season. They just went up against one of the best passing attacks in the league and won because that's what good teams do. If we can't win a game without our dime CB then we have no business being worried about wins and losses this season..

DaFace
09-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Bunch of callous bastards around here.

TEX
09-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Yeah, it's just life and death of a family member we're talking about here. Clearly a football game is WAY more important than that.

The family member is in a COMA. A C-O-M-A... I'm sure he'll still be in one AFTER the game. So if he stays in the COMA for 14 more weeks is Daunta supposed to miss those games?

TEX
09-14-2013, 09:13 PM
He's all about the money....yet he'll take the time out to be with family in a time of need. Great logic guy.

He damn sure is ALL about the money. Dude, you don't know that idiot from Adam. I do. I know the DOUCHE personally. He's PURE TRASH. Dude wanted to get paid to visit SICK kids with Cancer at M.D. Anderson Hospital while he was with the TEXANS. He wanted to GET PAID FOR AN APPEARANCE TO VISIT SICK CHILDREN. Know how I know - I personally asked his agent. I have absolutely no sympathy for his kind of trash. Get this, it was a request from the Mayor's Office to boot and we were told not to go to the media with it. We didn't. We just focused on getting other Texan Players to attend.

Andre Johnson, Jabbar Gafney, Owen Danials, Steve Slater, Seth Payne, David Carr and a few others showed up for FREE (waived thier traditional appearance fees) and visited with the kids. Believe me, Daunta Robinson is not worth you defending him or applying the basic rules of human decency to his tragic situation. I told you I got where you were comimg from and generally I'd agree with you, but not when it comes to this turd. Sorry. How's that logic?

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Bunch of callous bastards around here.

Phonies is more like it.

99% of these guys would miss watching a game if their wife demanded it.

Mojo Jojo
09-14-2013, 09:28 PM
Coma and on a breathing machine. Robinson said tonight he is 50/50 for tomorrow. No link...just reported on news.

keg in kc
09-14-2013, 09:31 PM
It's just a game to us, but it's his job. Now, of course, like any of us, I don't think there's anything wrong with time off from work for a family crisis.

dj56dt58
09-14-2013, 09:42 PM
If not having dunta makes us lose this game, we probably don't deserve to win

Mojo Jojo
09-14-2013, 09:45 PM
If not having dunta makes us lose this game, we probably don't deserve to win

This

morphius
09-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Coma and on a breathing machine. Robinson said tonight he is 50/50 for tomorrow. No link...just reported on news.
Heard the same thing.

jspchief
09-14-2013, 09:48 PM
I'd like to thinly our chances at beating Dallas don't hinge on Dunta Robinson.

If they do, we have bigger problems than him missing a game.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2013, 10:03 PM
We have a QB now. Who cares if the nickel CB is out?

mikey23545
09-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Maybe someone could "accidentally" kick the plug out of the wall.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-14-2013, 10:24 PM
Batshit crazy planet

Demonpenz
09-14-2013, 10:33 PM
I think what his cousin would have wanted the most is for him to miss the game and be hated on by millions of people and cut because hey can't do his fucking job. RIP CUZ

Iconic
09-14-2013, 11:42 PM
I think what his cousin would have wanted the most is for him to miss the game and be hated on by millions of people and cut because hey can't do his ****ing job. RIP CUZ

Great logic. Next time you have work and someone in your family ends up in the ICU don't take a day off because after all- it's your 'fucking job'.

Lex Luthor
09-14-2013, 11:49 PM
We have a QB now. Who cares if the nickel CB is out?
Does every post you make have to be about your butthurt over Alex Smith?

Sorter
09-14-2013, 11:57 PM
While not a norm for the Rex Ryan tree, I do expect to see Flowers moving into the slot for Miles Austin due to the reps given at OTAs.

dj56dt58
09-15-2013, 01:50 AM
Great logic. Next time you have work and someone in your family ends up in the ICU don't take a day off because after all- it's your '****ing job'.

Not many jobs would allow leave for a cousin..bereavement typically doesnt include cousins

RINGLEADER
09-15-2013, 02:14 AM
Does every post you make have to be about your butthurt over Alex Smith?

I think so.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-15-2013, 02:22 AM
This.

Dude, Every game is high priority.Do We want to be playing the Broncos with a one game lead or down by one ????

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-15-2013, 02:28 AM
16 days a year. With luck overtime of 19

mdchiefsfan
09-15-2013, 07:37 AM
Yea NFL players have it so easy with their 16 days of work a year. :facepalm:

vailpass
09-15-2013, 07:43 AM

no practice, no off season work outs, it's cake.

mikey23545
09-15-2013, 07:48 AM
no practice, no off season work outs, it's cake.

Oh FFS dude....everybody on this board would cut their left nut off to have a job as an NFL player.

Bugeater
09-15-2013, 07:48 AM
Those 16 days are what they get paid extremely well for.

OnTheWarpath15
09-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Fans are becoming more and more delusional about an athlete's "responsibility".

In all seriousness, the blame lies with Fantasy Football.

The blame lies with ignorant, insensitive people.

You get the same sort of crap with the concussion debates.

Fuck them, entertain me.

They make plenty of money.

16 days of work a year.

People are just assholes.

Sure-Oz
09-15-2013, 07:50 AM
Nothing new, assholes on the interwebz.

Go Chiefs

jspchief
09-15-2013, 07:51 AM
The blame lies with ignorant, insensitive people.

You get the same sort of crap with the concussion debates.

Fuck them, entertain me.

They make plenty of money.

16 days of work a year.

People are just assholes.

Door swings both ways.

Fuck them, pay me.

vailpass
09-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Oh FFS dude....everybody on this board would cut their left nut off to have a job as an NFL player.

No argument here, most would. Just saying they work more than 16 days a year.

mdchiefsfan
09-15-2013, 08:01 AM
Those 16 days are what they get paid extremely well for.

:doh!:The workouts, diets and training during the offseason enable them to be on the field to collect that check in the first place.

In58men
09-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Torrey Smith lost a brother and still played. The muthafucka is in the ICU he'll be alright WTF.

Bugeater
09-15-2013, 08:04 AM
JFC people, did any of you notice I put work in quotation marks in that post? Yes, I know gamedays aren't the only days they do anything, but you cannot equate missing a day of practice to missing a game. Gamedays are infinitely more important than any other days of the year.

mdchiefsfan
09-15-2013, 08:05 AM

I don't see how this is relevant to the fact that there are people saying that NFL players only work 16 days a year.

mdchiefsfan
09-15-2013, 08:09 AM
JFC people, did any of you notice I put work in quotation marks in that post? Yes, I know gamedays aren't the only days they do anything, but you cannot equate missing a day of practice to missing a game. Gamedays are infinitely more important than any other days of the year.

I disagree. Look at Poe. He decides to diet and all of a sudden we are seeing that decision paying off on Sunday. His full offseason of dieting and working out is where the importance is.

Much like a student- the real work is studying, not taking the test. Preparation is the largest part of the battle (practice/offseason).

vailpass
09-15-2013, 08:10 AM
I don't see how this is relevant to the fact that there are people saying that NFL players only work 16 days a year.

I didn't play past high school but even then I remember it was 5 days of work at practice. Game day was the reward day. NFL off season is a whole nother thing.

Carlota69
09-15-2013, 08:13 AM
I am very close to some of my cousins, grew up with them like brothers.

Exactly. In fact, I call her my sister.

mdchiefsfan
09-15-2013, 08:13 AM
I didn't play past high school but even then I remember it was 5 days of work at practice. Game day was the reward day. NFL off season is a whole nother thing.

Exactly

vailpass
09-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Exactly. In fact, I call her my sister.

Yep. Some of us are lucky like that. I learned to ride a bike with them, how to fish, how to fight. It's a great thing. Glad for you that you have that.

vailpass
09-15-2013, 08:17 AM
Exactly

:thumb: You obviously played. Game day isn't the work day.

Bugeater
09-15-2013, 08:23 AM
I disagree. Look at Poe. He decides to diet and all of a sudden we are seeing that decision paying off on Sunday. His full offseason of dieting and working out is where the importance is.

Much like a student- the real work is studying, not taking the test. Preparation is the largest part of the battle (practice/offseason).
Yes, yes, yes. But all the studying in the world won't matter if you're not there to take the test.

You're taking one comment and running with it, and ignoring the bigger picture here. Apparently the dude is in a coma, and Robinson has already been there all week. What if he's in a coma for another six weeks? You gonna be fine with him missing all those games? At what point does his obligation to the organization that is paying him extremely well outweigh him sitting by his cousin's bedside holding his hand? (assuming he's actually doing that, which I doubt)

Pasta Little Brioni
09-15-2013, 08:23 AM
CPers would step on the field 4.2 40 speed in hand.

Bugeater
09-15-2013, 08:24 AM
:thumb: You obviously played. Game day isn't the work day.
It's the day you earn your money. You don't get multi-million dollar contracts for practicing well.

In58men
09-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Torrey Smith: "His cousin got hit by a car and is still alive, that's cute"

vailpass
09-15-2013, 08:27 AM
It's the day you earn your money. You don't get multi-million dollar contracts for practicing well.

Hear you. But you practice like you play. There's more to it than game day.

mdchiefsfan
09-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Yes, yes, yes. But all the studying in the world won't matter if you're not there to take the test.

You're taking one comment and running with it, and ignoring the bigger picture here. Apparently the dude is in a coma, and Robinson has already been there all week. What if he's in a coma for another six weeks? You gonna be fine with him missing all those games? At what point does his obligation to the organization that is paying him extremely well outweigh him sitting by his cousin's bedside holding his hand? (assuming he's actually doing that, which I doubt)

If there is no test there is no reason to study.

It is at his HC's discretion. If Andy, who knows what is going on more than I do, is fine with it, I understand. But if he doesn't practice he doesn't play. That is why I am focused on that one comment.

mdchiefsfan
09-15-2013, 08:29 AM
CPers would step on the field 4.2 40 speed in hand.

LMAO

Bugeater
09-15-2013, 08:31 AM
Hear you. But you practice like you play. There's more to it than game day.
I believe I have sufficiently acknowledged that.

mdchiefsfan
09-15-2013, 08:33 AM

So I work 5 days a week, but payday is all that matters. Got it.

vailpass
09-15-2013, 08:34 AM
I believe I have sufficiently acknowledged that.

Fair enough bud, we just see it different. Get those Huskers together and rep the B10.

mdchiefsfan
09-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Fair enough bud, we just see it different. Get those Huskers together and rep the B10.

Dropping it as well.

Bugeater
09-15-2013, 08:35 AM
If there is no test there is no reason to study.

It is at his HC's discretion. If Andy, who knows what is going on more than I do, is fine with it, I understand. But if he doesn't practice he doesn't play. That is why I am focused on that one comment.
Yes, Andy probably knows more what's going on than any of us. But deep down in that fat gut of his he may feel the same as I do. He just can't say anything about it because he knows he will be lambasted the same as I am.

mdchiefsfan
09-15-2013, 08:36 AM
Yes, Andy probably knows more what's going on than any of us. But deep down in that fat gut of his he may feel the same as I do. He just can't say anything about it because he knows he will be lambasted the same as I am.

Fair enough.

Bugeater
09-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Comparing your job to theirs is an exercise in absurdity.

mdchiefsfan
Comparing your job to theirs is an exercise in absurdity.

Fair enough :D

NJChiefsFan

There are plenty of jobs where all your work is shown on one day or a small group of days. Lawyers can work as hard as they want in trial prep, but it's the actual trial that determines their fate. Practicing matters, but players most certainly get their contracts based off their play on Sunday, not the rest. I am not saying practice isn't important, because it is. But players get paid for what they do on Sunday. The rest is all just prep work to help get results on that day. However, that doesn't mean Sunday is the hard day work ethic-wise.

vailpass
09-15-2013, 08:38 AM
Dropping it as well.

:cuss: I want a strong B10.

Bugeater
09-15-2013, 08:38 AM
I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one. They're a disaster.

vailpass
09-15-2013, 08:39 AM
There are plenty of jobs where all your work is shown on one day or a small group of days. Lawyers can work as hard as they want in trial prep, but it's the actual trial that determines their fate. Practicing matters, but players most certainly get their contracts based off their play on Sunday, not the rest. I am not saying practice isn't important, because it is. But players get paid for what they do on Sunday. The rest is all just prep work to help get results on that day. However, that doesn't mean Sunday is the hard day work ethic-wise.

It all goes hand in hand. That said, point well made.

mdchiefsfan
09-15-2013, 08:40 AM

Agreed. That statement was more or less a poke. Trying to kill some time until the game.

vailpass
09-15-2013, 08:41 AM
I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one. They're a disaster.

I sat through Osbourne wrecking shit. Loved to watch it. Want more of that that now that you are B10.

Bugeater
09-15-2013, 08:44 AM
I sat through Osbourne wrecking shit. Loved to watch it. Want more of that that now that you are B10.
I like Bo and have been a homer for him, but I'm having serious doubts about him getting it done now. There's no excuse for what happened yesterday.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-15-2013, 08:45 AM
I will echo that cousins can be as close as brothers in sisters...and in parts of B12 country (cough WV) even more than that :)

splatbass
09-15-2013, 09:05 AM
Not many jobs would allow leave for a cousin..bereavement typically doesnt include cousins

Mine wouldn't allow paid bereavement leave, but it would allow PTO (vacation) or unpaid leave. I'm pretty sure most companies would give you the time off, just not pay for it unless it was out of your vacation.

vailpass
09-15-2013, 09:07 AM
I like Bo and have been a homer for him, but I'm having serious doubts about him getting it done now. There's no excuse for what happened yesterday.

He's a good coach, needs talent.

Mojo Jojo
09-15-2013, 09:33 AM

Reading this made me think...Given the recent personal issues in Andy's life...he may have even a greater understanding of what is going on with someone and his family and therefore have a greater empathy than Joe fan.

ChiTown
09-15-2013, 09:43 AM
He's a good coach, needs talent.

:spock:

LIL' BO PEEP's Recruiting Classes since 2009 (according to Rivals)
'09 -#28
'10 - #22
'11 - #15
'12 - #25
'13 - #17

Yeah, about that talent thingy.......Compare that to K-States recruiting classes that , on average over the same time period, has been at #69. It's Coaching, and he is very mediocre as a HC

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-15-2013, 10:05 AM

You're a real piece of shit. It's a fucking football game.

Chief Roundup
09-15-2013, 10:13 AM
This is definitely not what is normally expected. A lot of players won't miss a game because of the death of a parent. I am surprised by Duanta doing this. I won't be surprised when he is not retained. This will definitely be a part of the reason. Dude is not good enough to miss games for these types of reasons.

Deberg_1990
09-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Whelp, this thread turned out to be pointless. ROFL

xztop123
09-15-2013, 05:18 PM
IMO this almost cost us the game. Has to play thrusday

mlyonsd
09-15-2013, 05:20 PM
I appreciate the guy needing to take himself out for family. This week he needs to play the game for his family and absolutely dominate his position.

ThaVirus
09-15-2013, 05:25 PM
This is definitely not what is normally expected. A lot of players won't miss a game because of the death of a parent. I am surprised by Duanta doing this. I won't be surprised when he is not retained. This will definitely be a part of the reason. Dude is not good enough to miss games for these types of reasons.

I can't figure out why you guys keep making this argument. His cousin hasn't fucking died yet, but it's a very real possibility. All these others situations you guys keep bringing up- the family member had already died.

How much of a scumbag would Brett Favre had been if his father had been on his death bed and he went out and played anyway?

Iowanian
09-15-2013, 05:43 PM
I doubt anyone throwing a fit about him missing a game has ever had anyone close to them badly injured. I don't blame him at all.

Family First.