PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chill out.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-22-2013, 02:44 PM
...CP Meltdown is golden. :clap:

THIS isn't the playoff game....we play again next week.

Go ahead and cry about how this effort will spill into next week and the week after...

Titty Meat
12-22-2013, 02:45 PM
CHILL OUT WEVE NEVER TRADED FOR A RETREAD QB AND SEEN THE TEAM COLLAPSE LATE IN THE SEASON

Snapplez
CHILL OUT WEVE NEVER TRADED FOR A RETREAD QB AND SEEN THE TEAM COLLAPSE LATE IN THE SEASON

Nevah Evah

Mr_Tomahawk
1 game.

tredadda
12-22-2013, 02:46 PM
I do draw some peace knowing that we beat ourselves more than Indy beat us. It seems like they played with no heart. If Denver wins which it appears they will then this game is irrelevant. They played like this game did not matter. Hopefully they play better in Indy in two weeks.

Bowser
12-22-2013, 02:46 PM
2010 redux

Titty Meat
12-22-2013, 02:47 PM
1 game.

4 out of the last 6

Mr_Tomahawk
12-22-2013, 02:47 PM
I do draw some peace knowing that we beat ourselves more than Indy beat us. It seems like they played with no heart. If Denver wins which it appears they will then this game is irrelevant. They played like this game did not matter. Hopefully they play better in Indy in two weeks.

Pretty much this.

Give the starters a series or two and rest them. Jammaaaml should be inactive.

RealSNR
12-22-2013, 02:48 PM
The defense is officially bad. It's legitimately bad. It's not just "We're missing Houston" bad or "We're not blitzing enough" bad or "If only Kendrick Lewis could tackle bad."

It's bad. Sutton is bad. Our defensive backs are bad. Poe is overworked, and we're bad at getting any kind of pressure.

That's the thing. We clinched the playoffs and they're taking the game off. That's no way to play going into the playoffs. They'll almost certainly lose that way.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-22-2013, 02:48 PM
4 out of the last 6

We were in 3 of those....

Bowser
12-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Hopefully they play better in Indy in two weeks.

Why do we as fans always find ourselves always making this statement when it matters most?

kcpasco
12-22-2013, 02:50 PM
I'd rather play Cinci. At least they have a history of choking that rivals the Chiefs.

Red Dawg
12-22-2013, 02:51 PM
We are not as good as we thought we were. Our skill players just straight up suck besides Charles. It's that simple. We have no one a defense needs to worry about at all. We will be lucky to win a playoff game.

Discuss Thrower
12-22-2013, 02:51 PM
People who bagged on Wendler should be posting pictures of them with a species of corvus in their mouths. He was right all along..

Mr_Tomahawk
12-22-2013, 02:52 PM
I'd rather play Cinci. At least they have a history of choking that rivals the Chiefs.

What are all the playoff scenarios in regards to who we could play? I've seen we could end up going to Baltimore if they win out?

GordonGekko
We were in 3 of those....

Dude, this is an excuse

mcaj22

Cincy looks a hell of a lot better than the Colts right now. I don't know how we go into the playoffs competing with either Cincy or Indy the way this Chiefs team is playing right now. These two teams aren't the Redskins or the Raiders.

Johnny Vegas
how the fuck can anyone be mad when the refs decided the game before it even started?? it was out of anyone's control. chill the fuck out.

Molitoth
12-22-2013, 02:53 PM
1 and done. Not hard to call it.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Dude, this is an excuse

Not an excuse....we lost those games, but we were in them.

This is the first game that we got our shit pushed in.

The sky isn't falling where I live.

Discuss Thrower
how the **** can anyone be mad when the refs decided the game before it even started?? it was out of anyone's control. chill the **** out.

Whinging about the officiating.. always an insightful post.

Ceej
Chill out.

I get it.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Chill out.

I get it.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.

AlexSmithDynasty
12-22-2013, 02:56 PM
This game means literally nothing, they're locked in the 5th seed and will probably play Indy in 2 weeks when it actually matters, so who cares?

Bowser
12-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Not an excuse....we lost those games, but we were in them.

This is the first game that we got our shit pushed in.

The sky isn't falling where I live.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5NNOrp_83RU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tk13
12-22-2013, 02:57 PM
What are all the playoff scenarios in regards to who we could play? I've seen we could end up going to Baltimore if they win out?

That's what it seems like people are missing. The top 3 seeds losing last week mixed things up.

To play Indy again, we need 1) Indy to lose to Jacksonville next week, or 2) Baltimore to lose out. Baltimore plays NE/CIN so they can knock them down a peg. If Baltimore wins out, they can win the division and get the 4 seed. If they split we might end up with NE or CIN.

It's 100% certain if Baltimore beats New England this afternoon, Patriots will be the 4 seed going into next week.

Bowser
12-22-2013, 02:58 PM
This game means literally nothing, they're locked in the 5th seed and will probably play Indy in 2 weeks when it actually matters, so who cares?

Are we going to break out our "real" effort in two weeks at their house?

prhom

You're new to watching Chiefs football aren't you?

Molitoth

Thats the spirit. Andy Reid is still keeping all of those good tricky plays up his sleeve, correct?

Why would you want to show the same team that you are going to play (in their house) that you can hang with them?

Mr_Tomahawk

Because if we would have won this game that means we would win in Indy, too.

/CP

Hammock Parties
12-22-2013, 02:59 PM
This wasn't a real playoff team this year anyway.

Next year maybe.

Bowser
12-22-2013, 02:59 PM

Next year maybe.

2010 redux

Easy 6
12-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Meh, i haven't lost all hope yet.

Houston coming back will be a vitamin B12 shot in the arm, we just need the offense of the prior 4 weeks to show up and i'll still like our chances.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-22-2013, 03:01 PM

Next year maybe.

I have to give it to ya Clay.

Although I'm jot a fan of the "I told ya so" mentality...you aren't overreacting like the rest of CP.

Down4Chiefs
12-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Chiefs didn't seem like they were even trying on offense,alot like they looked early in the season when they weren't opening it up and played conservative. Maybe this game was irrelevant and since we will likely play them in the playoffs its better to not show them our best effort.

Hammock Parties
I have to give it to ya Clay.

Although I'm jot a fan of the "I told ya so" mentality...you aren't overreacting like the rest of CP.

If you couldn't see this coming a mile away you weren't really paying attention.

prhom
1 and done. Not hard to call it.

After the offense playing well in the last couple games I thought we might keep it close against real teams like Indy and SD. I'm not sure we'll be competitive in another game until next season after this shit show.

kcjayhawks5
12-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Meh, i haven't lost all hope yet.

Houston coming back will be a vitamin B12 shot in the arm, we just need the offense of the prior 4 weeks to show up and i'll still like our chances.

Wish I had your enthusiasm but I highly doubt justin houston coming back will really make a huge difference with the team. In all likelyhood we lose next week and are bounced in the first round...again.

Molitoth
12-22-2013, 03:03 PM
If you couldn't see this coming a mile away you weren't really paying attention.

Yup. Can't beat the good teams. They will lose next week too.

This is 2010.

mr. tegu
12-22-2013, 03:04 PM
The frustrating thing is that if we would just play more to our strengths with running Charles more consistently we probably win this game. They didn't stop him all day. I am not confident we will do that in the rematch.

tredadda
12-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Because if we would have won this game that means we would win in Indy, too.

/CP

This. The game is meaningless now but in fine CP fashion everyone will crown us as one and done before a playoff snap is even taken. Every season is different and just because we lost in the first round before does not mean it will happen this time. This was clearly the worst game of the year for this team.

Discuss Thrower
12-22-2013, 03:06 PM
This. The game is meaningless now but in fine CP fashion everyone will crown us as one and done before a playoff snap is even taken. Every season is different and just because we lost in the first round before does not mean it will happen this time. This was clearly the worst game of the year for this team.

Every season is not different though. Trade for a QB? Playoff loss.

tredadda
Yup. Can't beat the good teams. They will lose next week too.

This is 2010.

I expect them to lose, especially considering that keeping the starters healthy is more important.

Easy 6
Wish I had your enthusiasm but I highly doubt justin houston coming back will really make a huge difference with the team. In all likelyhood we lose next week and our bounced in the first round...again.

Houstons the most dynamic playmaker in the front seven, i think his return will be a big boost.

I don't even care about next week, our seeding is pretty much set iirc, if it were up to me we'd rest a BUNCH of guys next week.

CoMoChief
12-22-2013, 03:07 PM
True fan Tomahawk

tredadda
12-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Every season is not different though. Trade for a QB? Playoff loss.

Because our F.O. and HC are clearly the same as they always were.

Discuss Thrower
12-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Because our F.O. and HC are clearly the same as they always were.

Same ownership. Same culture. Same results.

10-6/9-7 and full seats and parking lots are the goal. Not championships.

eDave
12-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Looking forward to gblowfish's 10 things post.

KCUnited
12-22-2013, 03:14 PM
We're a Bowe trade away.

dannybcaitlyn
12-22-2013, 03:16 PM
The defense is officially bad. It's legitimately bad. It's not just "We're missing Houston" bad or "We're not blitzing enough" bad or "If only Kendrick Lewis could tackle bad."

It's bad. Sutton is bad. Our defensive backs are bad. Poe is overworked, and we're bad at getting any kind of pressure.

That's the thing. We clinched the playoffs and they're taking the game off. That's no way to play going into the playoffs. They'll almost certainly lose that way.

Totally agree. CLARK send the private jet for REX RYAN when he's fired!

Johnny Vegas
12-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Whinging about the officiating.. always an insightful post.

I'm not whining. I'm not even mad. gtfo

KCinNY
12-22-2013, 03:19 PM

Truth.

Same as it ever was.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-22-2013, 03:20 PM
Front page looks tame to me.
Game day threads I've given up on. Postwhore mecca

tredadda
12-22-2013, 03:27 PM

I will wait till we actually lose in the playoffs before agreeing with this.

RINGLEADER
12-22-2013, 03:32 PM

Go ahead and cry about how this effort will spill into next week and the week after...

Since the Broncos won I agree completely. I would be massively bummed if they had lost and KC did too.

I want the Colts again. I want them with Houston and Hali healthy and all our starters coming off a week off. JC on the fake stuff could be amazing...and I really doubt we'll give them the ball 5 extra times off turnovers (and the 17 points they were handed from those turnovers (and yes, I'm counting that Poe penalty as a turnover since it had the same effect).

Outside of the turnovers (and Poe crap penalty) they scored 6 points guys.

6 points.

NWTF
12-22-2013, 03:33 PM

Next year maybe.

They will be a better team next year with a worse record Id guess. This years schedule was very weak. Not their fault, but the saying you cant play bad teams every week is true. Today was one of those few NON bad teams on the schedule. Unfortunately the playoff game will be against a similar type or the same team on the road.

a one and done shouldnt be a surprise to anyone.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-22-2013, 03:49 PM
I really don't think the coaches and players really gave it their all this game because
a) Denver wasn't losing another game
b) we probably play them them again in two weeks.

The offense and defense were vanilla as Dairy Queen ice cream.

Discuss Thrower
12-22-2013, 03:50 PM
I really don't think the coaches and players really gave it their all this game because

Except for the QB runs and the fact they showed a reverse look with Dexter in the first half.

Prison Bitch
12-22-2013, 03:50 PM
I do draw some peace knowing that we beat ourselves more than Indy beat us.

Don't kid yourself: they beat us soundly.

rockachalk
12-22-2013, 04:02 PM

Defensively, we are one of the more talented teams out there. However, what we lack is depth. This is a 16 game season, it's hard to maintain a high level of play like we had over the first 9 games. Even then, our lack of depth started showing it's ugly face. Give Dorsey and reid another off season to fill the roster with better depth and we'll be fine.

People need to remember that we are only a season removed from having the first pick in the draft. If we lose next week, we'll end the season with 11 wins. Possibly 12 wins...but I'm thinking red rests the starters for at least half the game. It's a meaningless game. Still, this season has been nothing short of amazing considering the circumstances.

rockachalk
12-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Don't kid yourself: they beat us soundly.

I wouldn't say the more talented team won though. The Chiefs just looked Ill prepared and flat out there today.

scho63
12-22-2013, 04:06 PM
I've been hearing "Chill Out" since 1973 and that's got me nada!

rockachalk
12-22-2013, 04:11 PM
I've been hearing "Chill Out" since 1973 and that's got me nada!

This team has 11 wins after going 2-14 just a season ago. Sounds like you set your expectations too high for this season. This team is bound to have some growing pains. This was the only game this year where this team was just flat out outplayed altogether. Not bad. A bit discouraging heading into the playoffs. But Reid will have them ready come playoffs.

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2013, 04:14 PM
We are not as good as we thought we were. Our skill players just straight up suck besides Charles. It's that simple. We have no one a defense needs to worry about at all. We will be lucky to win a playoff game.

Give me a break.

We have terrific players and a few big glaring gaps. Thanks captain overreaction.

scho63
This team has 11 wins after going 2-14 just a season ago. Sounds like you set your expectations too high for this season. This team is bound to have some growing pains. This was the only game this year where this team was just flat out outplayed altogether. Not bad. A bit discouraging heading into the playoffs. But Reid will have them ready come playoffs.

Not sure how old you are or how long you been a fan but after 43 God Damn years, I have little patience left!

Discuss Thrower

The 2011 Chiefs went 7-9.

kcjayhawks5
12-22-2013, 04:18 PM

The colts are extremely beatable and have been playing pretty shitty the last month or so. To go out there and look like complete shit this close to the playoffs, leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth. We didn't even look like we gave a shit after that first TD drive. We shouldn't be happy with just winning a lot more games than last year bc - let's be honest - we've lost to every respectable team we've played this year. Fuck this.

Prison Bitch
12-22-2013, 04:18 PM
I wouldn't say the more talented team won though. The Chiefs just looked Ill prepared and flat out there today.

Maybe. I suppose it's entirely possible we win there in two weeks. But I highly doubt it.

Easy 6
12-22-2013, 04:19 PM
The 2011 Chiefs went 7-9.

Well Discuss, we got our wish... something to play angry about in the rematch.

I gotta admit though, it feels better to say it BEFORE actually losing, heh.

Saccopoo
12-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Maybe. I suppose it's entirely possible we win there in two weeks. But I highly doubt it.

I think it's a pretty easy win actually.

The Colts are easily beatable - as long as the other team isn't beating themselves. They've really benefitted from that this year in wins against Denver, SF, Seattle and now KC.

NWTF
12-22-2013, 04:45 PM
I think it's a pretty easy win actually.

The Colts are easily beatable - as long as the other team isn't beating themselves. They've really benefitted from that this year in wins against Denver, SF, Seattle and now KC.

I agree although you could say the exact same thing about the Chiefs.

The Chiefs are easily beatable - as long as the other team isn't beating themselves. They've really benefitted from that this year against Dallas, Philly, Buffalo, Ny Giants, Oakland, etc

Who leads the NFL in + turnovers? Chiefs. And what happens when they dont get those turnovers?

Put it this way. They're not going to get a free gift basket of turnovers from their playoff opponent. Its not going to be the Raiders or Redskins out there.

RunKC
12-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Sometimes getting your ass kicked is a good wake up call. This is the first time we have been blown out all year long.
Let me ask you this...would you rather go into the playoffs with emotional highs against pathetic teams like the Raiders and Skins, or would you rather go in pissed off and regrouped after a bad loss?

This team isn't going to forget about this. They're going to want to beat the shit out of the Colts in a couple weeks because of today, not just because they have to. It's personal now.

Something you all need to consider is that this team is night and day on the road compared to at home. The Chiefs are the best road team in the AFC. Didn't hear that? Let me repeat that.

The Chiefs are the best road team in the AFC.

We didn't give up leads on the road like they did at home. They didn't get completely torn apart on defense on the road. They just play better away from home, and as a Chiefs fan, I don't want the Chiefs anywhere near Arrowhead in January this year.

This team has a lot of pride and wants to prove themselves. What better way to do this than on the road in January?

Reid wants to prove he can win a SB.
Alex Smith wants to prove that he can take a team further than Kaepernick.
The players want to prove that 2-14 was a fluke and that they can win in January.
Clark wants to get this fucking monkey off this organizations back.

It's going to be better that Houston will be back. I think you will see a high tempo from the offense and more pressure from the defense.

I have no worry about this team being ready in 2 weeks

Chiefs Pantalones
12-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Defensively, we are one of the more talented teams out there. However, what we lack is depth. This is a 16 game season, it's hard to maintain a high level of play like we had over the first 9 games. Even then, our lack of depth started showing it's ugly face. Give Dorsey and reid another off season to fill the roster with better depth and we'll be fine.

People need to remember that we are only a season removed from having the first pick in the draft. If we lose next week, we'll end the season with 11 wins. Possibly 12 wins...but I'm thinking red rests the starters for at least half the game. It's a meaningless game. Still, this season has been nothing short of amazing considering the circumstances.

If you win 11, 12 or 13 games even after a 2 win season, you better win a damn playoff game. There's no excuses. I hate this defeatist bullshit. The expectation, no matter what, is to win playoff games if you get there.

redshirt32
12-22-2013, 04:54 PM
yea real shitty season compared to last year......
just throw the towel in 11 wins 4 losses
But we should be 15 and 0 if only we had a franchise QB meh

TEX
12-22-2013, 05:16 PM

True. But the way the Chiefs got their asses handed to them today leaves one to think that it is a prelude of what is to come. Again...

Sandy Vagina
12-22-2013, 05:19 PM

I wouldn't say "no worries", but I like your attitude in most of that post.

TEX
12-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Sometimes getting your ass kicked is a good wake up call. This is the first time we have been blown out all year long.
Let me ask you this...would you rather go into the playoffs with emotional highs against pathetic teams like the Raiders and Skins, or would you rather go in pissed off and regrouped after a bad loss?

This team isn't going to forget about this. They're going to want to beat the shit out of the Colts in a couple weeks because of today, not just because they have to. It's personal now.

Something you all need to consider is that this team is night and day on the road compared to at home. The Chiefs are the best road team in the AFC. Didn't hear that? Let me repeat that.

We didn't give up leads on the road like they did at home. They didn't get completely torn apart on defense on the road. They just play better away from home, and as a Chiefs fan, I don't want the Chiefs anywhere near Arrowhead in January this year.

This team has a lot of pride and wants to prove themselves. What better way to do this than on the road in January?

Reid wants to prove he can win a SB.
Alex Smith wants to prove that he can take a team further than Kaepernick.
The players want to prove that 2-14 was a fluke and that they can win in January.
Clark wants to get this ****ing monkey off this organizations back.

It's going to be better that Houston will be back. I think you will see a high tempo from the offense and more pressure from the defense.

Sounds good but this team really hasn't played anyone worth a damn on the road except Denver. When they did, they lost. When the Chiefs play a good team with a good QB, they lose. Just so happens they have faced more at home this year.

Hammock Parties
12-22-2013, 05:28 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Will we face any of these QBs in the postseason?

Matt McGloin
RGIII
Mike Vick
Ryan Shitzpatrick
Blaine Gabbert
Jeff Tuel

That's the list of awesome QBs we bested on the road this year.

rockachalk
12-22-2013, 05:34 PM
If you win 11, 12 or 13 games even after a 2 win season, you better win a damn playoff game. There's no excuses. I hate this defeatist bullshit. The expectation, no matter what, is to win playoff games if you get there.

Were the playoffs today? Everyone needs to chill out. This place isn't the mange. Stop overreacting after one meaningless loss. We're in the playoffs aren't we?

NWTF
12-22-2013, 05:41 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Will we face any of these QBs in the postseason?

Matt McGloin
RGIII
Mike Vick
Ryan Shitzpatrick
Blaine Gabbert
Jeff Tuel

That's the list of awesome QBs we bested on the road this year.

wow, definitely all at the bottom of the QB barrel.

what an easy schedule. Best road team in AFC. lol

chiefsfan1963
12-22-2013, 05:47 PM

We are certainly in a better place than we were this time last year. Dorsey and Reid will improve this team during the off season. Lots to look forward to

Sandy Vagina
12-22-2013, 05:50 PM
We are certainly in a better place than we were this time last year. Dorsey and Reid will improve this team during the off season. Lots to look forward to

Could be just a homeristic self defense mechanism kicking in... but this beatdown could end up being a very good thing as we move forward.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Were the playoffs today? Everyone needs to chill out. This place isn't the mange. Stop overreacting after one meaningless loss. We're in the playoffs aren't we?

No my problem is people acting like just because we won 2 games last year it's ok to just make the playoffs. Fucking true fans.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-22-2013, 06:36 PM
No my problem is people acting like just because we won 2 games last year it's ok to just make the playoffs. ****ing true fans.

How many teams have had the turn-around we have had going from 2 wins to 10+ wins the next season.

I agree on not settling...but then again, there is the reality of the situation.

rockachalk
12-22-2013, 09:25 PM
No my problem is people acting like just because we won 2 games last year it's ok to just make the playoffs. ****ing true fans.

I don't know a fan alive who doesn't want their team to win once they get into the playoffs. But take a step back and look at the bigger picture here. If I were to tell you after the last game of 2012 that we would win a MINIMUM of 11 games in 2013, what would your response to me be?

I have high hopes for this team. After this type of season, I think we all do. But this is probably one of, if not the greatest turn arounds in NFL history. From first pick of the draft to 11+ wins the year after? This team still has gabs in talent, but good coaching seems to make a world of difference in how that talent is utilized.

I see people talking sh*t on Reid for this and that, and on Sutton...its completely reactionary. Are we going to win the superbowl? I would love that! But in all likelihood, we won't come close to it. I'm just happy we aren't the dumpster fire that we were last year and have been for the last few years. Save 2010, this team has been raiderish bad. At least this season is a winning one that we can hopefully build off going into next year.

Red Dawg
12-22-2013, 09:31 PM

And just like that I want ice cream.

ekf028
12-22-2013, 09:35 PM
'Positivity" - chris616

Discuss Thrower
12-22-2013, 09:38 PM
I don't know a fan alive who doesn't want their team to win once they get into the playoffs. But take a step back and look at the bigger picture here. If I were to tell you after the last game of 2012 that we would win a MINIMUM of 11 games in 2013, what would your response to me be?

I have high hopes for this team. After this type of season, I think we all do. But this is probably one of, if not the greatest turn arounds in NFL history. From first pick of the draft to 11+ wins the year after? This team still has gabs in talent, but good coaching seems to make a world of difference in how that talent is utilized.

I see people talking sh*t on Reid for this and that, and on Sutton...its completely reactionary. Are we going to win the superbowl? I would love that! But in all likelihood, we won't come close to it. I'm just happy we aren't the dumpster fire that we were last year and have been for the last few years. Save 2010, this team has been raiderish bad. At least this season is a winning one that we can hopefully build off going into next year.

Most of the key starters in 2013 and 2012 won 7 games with Matt Cassel or worse at QB and did so without Berry and Jamal in 2011.

Hoover
12-22-2013, 09:43 PM
For weeks now I've have the attitude that all I really care about is a playoff victory. Look, with the Denver Manning willing the division was always going to be difficult, which means we have to go on the road in the playoffs and win. I actually like our chances.

The mental errors and penalties drive me nuts though. Would also be nice if Lewis was worth a shit. Hell I might draft a FS in the first round. I've had enough of this shit.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-22-2013, 11:16 PM
You guys are idiots, we showed our ability the first drive of the game and then Reid played vanilla. Coming out healthy was our only goal.

The Bad Guy
12-22-2013, 11:41 PM

This narrative is fucking laughable.

Yes, Clark doesn't want to win championships. He wants to pay a coach a shitload of money, spent basically the entire cap last off-season, wants to pay the GM he just canned a shitload of money just so he can fill seats and be 9-7.

That's right. It's the "he didn't insist on drafting a first round QB, so he doesn't care about winning" mantra.

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2013, 11:50 PM
You guys are idiots, we showed our ability the first drive of the game and then Reid played vanilla. Coming out healthy was our only goal.

I normally don't say this, but given that there's a good chance we play Indy in 2 weeks and had little to play for today, I don't think it's farfetched to ask if we didn't want to show our full hand today.

greg63
12-23-2013, 12:18 AM
Yes, nothing at all to be upset about, all is lollipops and sugar plumbs. :rolleyes:

Titty Meat
12-23-2013, 01:17 AM
This narrative is fucking laughable.

Yes, Clark doesn't want to win championships. He wants to pay a coach a shitload of money, spent basically the entire cap last off-season, wants to pay the GM he just canned a shitload of money just so he can fill seats and be 9-7.

That's right. It's the "he didn't insist on drafting a first round QB, so he doesn't care about winning" mantra.

Kansas city has already seen what happens when the hunts sell a team.

kcxiv
12-23-2013, 05:33 AM
Here is the only thing that matters. They are known for choking when post season comes along. Chiefs will do what the Chiefs do best. I know you can say, well maybe this time is different, maybe, but deep down, we know whats going to happen. IT ALWAYS DOES at least since 1993 and little to nothing dating back to 1970

The Chiefs are one of the worst post season football teams since the 70's in the NFL. I really hope that they could win a game, i will be cheering when the time comes. IN the end, we will all be sad and pissed off fan base. lol

BigRichard
12-23-2013, 06:54 AM
If we would have won today we still would have been in the hunt for the #1 seed right or am I missing something? Who are the dumb fucks saying this game didn't matter today? What a bunch of maroons.

Is it your line of thinking that Denver has no chance of losing to the Faid ? They don't play that way. If the possibility is there it isn't a game that doesn't matter.

Mav
12-23-2013, 08:23 AM
If we would have won today we still would have been in the hunt for the #1 seed right or am I missing something? Who are the dumb ****s saying this game didn't matter today? What a bunch of maroons.

Is it your line of thinking that Denver has no chance of losing to the Faid ? They don't play that way. If the possibility is there it isn't a game that doesn't matter.

Correct. If the Raiders miraculously beat the Broncos next week, then the Chiefs would of had a shot at the top seed.

It didn't matter, and unless that miracle happens next week, which, now probably will because they will probably rest Peyton, and then all the negative over reactionary simplistic crowd will go, "SEE I TOLD YOU SO!!!!"

Where as, now that the Chiefs know their fate, they can rest Houston, Hali, Albert, another week get them healthy, and go into Indy in the Wild Card game.

What's done is done.

Chiefnj2
12-23-2013, 09:05 AM
I normally don't say this, but given that there's a good chance we play Indy in 2 weeks and had little to play for today, I don't think it's farfetched to ask if we didn't want to show our full hand today.

I can't believe people believe crap like this. Entering the game, the division - and with it a buy and home field, was still up for grabs.

ROYC75
12-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Does anyone think yesterdays game wasn't cold enough on all ends ?

I've said all along this team is not ready for prime time ball, close but no cigar. I'll admit, I've said the offense would come around, for the most part, they have until yesterday's egg. The defense was great against weaker talent and teams, but slowly I started to bite into the we are better than we look.

Yet cautiously knowing it's year # 1 of Andy Reid, things need time to come together as a team that is loaded with talent, something we have been lacking in some key spots and depths.

We are an 8 - 8 team with some lucky wins that made the playoffs.

1 and done material.

Cannibal
12-23-2013, 01:00 PM
In my opinion, the Chiefs really are a better team than the Colts. The turnovers, drops and play calling is what costed them the game. While it sucks that they lost, I feel they still have a good chance to beat the Colts in Indy (if that is our first playoff game.) Reid will need to stick with run more to win though.

InChiefsHeaven
12-23-2013, 01:14 PM
I just hated watching that fuckin Colts defense eating our lunch and laughing and having a great time. It just sucked to watch that game all the way around.

Halfcan
12-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Here is the only thing that matters. They are known for choking when post season comes along. Chiefs will do what the Chiefs do best. I know you can say, well maybe this time is different, maybe, but deep down, we know whats going to happen. IT ALWAYS DOES at least since 1993 and little to nothing dating back to 1970

The Chiefs are one of the worst post season football teams since the 70's in the NFL. I really hope that they could win a game, i will be cheering when the time comes. IN the end, we will all be sad and pissed off fan base. lol

yep-except this year they laid down and quit with 2 games left in the season.

Jimmya
12-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Don't forget, chiefs schedule next year is quite a bit more difficult. Radio guy this morning had chiefs not making playoffs next season saying "they need to get on a roll these playoffs"

Redcoats58
12-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Don't forget, chiefs schedule next year is quite a bit more difficult. Radio guy this morning had chiefs not making playoffs next season saying "they need to get on a roll these playoffs"

Radio guy sounds like a moron. Sure we will have a tougher schedule but there is no telling who we might pick up or release.

I heard Bill Maas on the radio yesterday after the game and I hate agreeing with him but he said when he was playing one of the things he would do at the start of the season was look at the schedule and see what teams they played in december and if they were at arrowhead around christmas and for him personally he wanted road games around Christmas because most of the players weren't thinking about football their focus was on spending time with their families. I attended the game yesterday and it didnt look like the Chiefs cared if they won or lost. The fire wasnt there

BlackHelicopters
12-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Unicorns and rainbows.

NWTF
12-23-2013, 03:59 PM
Does anyone think yesterdays game wasn't cold enough on all ends ?

I've said all along this team is not ready for prime time ball, close but no cigar. I'll admit, I've said the offense would come around, for the most part, they have until yesterday's egg. The defense was great against weaker talent and teams, but slowly I started to bite into the we are better than we look.

Yet cautiously knowing it's year # 1 of Andy Reid, things need time to come together as a team that is loaded with talent, something we have been lacking in some key spots and depths.

We are an 8 - 8 team with some lucky wins that made the playoffs.

1 and done material.

Agree all around.
This years signature win is the 1 pt victory over Dallas. Even though Dallas **** the bed at the end to loose it they would still probably be this seasons best victory.

Beating a good team like the Colts would have went a long way in showing they can hang with the big boys.

This is the most likely 1 and done team that will make the playoffs. You can smell it coming a mile away.

Ive got to say this team made the most of its schedule and beat all the teams they were supposed to beat and lost to only the teams they really shoudnt beat. The playoffs will be no different then the regular season. Good QBs carve this D up and physical Ds make Alex and the O piss down their legs.