PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 26

Rain Man
01-15-2014, 09:09 PM
The rules:

In Round 1, I'm going to put up three randomly selected scenes from the nomination thread.

You'll vote for your ONE favorite scene among the three. The key here is FAVORITE. We're not talking about the 'best' or 'most powerful' or 'most meaningful'. We're talking about the scene that you most enjoy watching, however you define that.

The winners will move on. I'll also take the 10 highest-scoring second-place scenes and they'll advance as wild cards.

Some of our nominations did not include clips. This will be noted. If you find a clip, please post it and let me know so I can update it if it moves on.

Note to Bill Self's Trophy Case: Your post 225 in the nomination thread is no longer there, and I don't know what scene it is. Let me know if you find it: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259920&page=20

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lGjEZIZQIIk?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry about the low-quality video here. I'm having trouble finding a good version.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4Xmzamo_cv8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SoL6a37d1Rg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
01-15-2014, 09:13 PM
My votes:

#1 - Frankenstein. This is a really good scene, all the more so when you consider that it's more than 80 years old.

#2 - The Longest Yard. Pretty funny. A little crude, but funny.

#3 - Fight Club. It's probably the poor quality video that bothered me, but I couldn't figure out what they were saying.

TimBone
01-15-2014, 09:24 PM
I'm voting Frankenstein as well.

Side note: thanks for putting this thing together Rain Man. You seem to always have something like these going on, and I'm sure they're time consuming. Just another thing that makes this board better than the rest.

Easy 6
01-15-2014, 10:40 PM
Fight Club, certainly not its best scene, but still...

Rasputin
01-15-2014, 11:02 PM
I voted Frankenstein because I want to see it go up against Young Frankenstein clip in later round.

whoman69
01-16-2014, 08:30 AM
The Longest Yard scene is even funny when they censor it for TV.

WhawhaWhat
01-16-2014, 08:31 AM
Fight Club. Couldn't tell what was supposed to be good about the Longest Yard scene.

Rain Man
01-16-2014, 06:15 PM
In a close race, Fight Club moves on. The Longest Yard will contend for a wild card spot, though.