View Full Version : So what happens if Teddy Bridgewater is at our pick

chiefscafan
03-23-2014, 01:04 PM
I don't think it happens but curious what would you guys do

I'm not sure I try to ransom a bunch of picks from someone

I like smith but Bridgewater has tremendous potential

jd1020
03-23-2014, 01:07 PM
So what happens if Malaysia flight 370 is found?

Dante84
03-23-2014, 02:06 PM
We pick someone else

BossChief
03-23-2014, 02:42 PM
If any of the top 3 quarterbacks are on the board and Alex Smith isn't signed long term yet, they had better draft one or get a kings ransom in a trade down.

I honestly don't care if its Bortles, Manziel or Bridgewater.

Direckshun
03-23-2014, 03:46 PM
Manziel is the only one who could last.

And yes, I'd take him.

Jakemall
03-23-2014, 03:56 PM

And yes, I'd take him.

I'm not big on Manziel..I think he'll drop into the 2nd round.

I don't think the Chiefs will grab him..there are more pressing needs.

Sandy Vagina
03-23-2014, 04:03 PM
Yeah, hope that a QB hungry team wants to trade up for #23.

planetdoc
03-23-2014, 04:06 PM
I would defer to And Reid's judgement.

he has a pretty good track record with Qbs. He got the most out of McNabb, Kolb, Vick. He traded for Alex Smith, and so far that appear to have worked out. He signed Chase Daniel who had a pretty good start against San Diego.

Reid seems to know when to get a qb, and went to let him go.

RealSNR
03-23-2014, 04:57 PM
We'll probably draft Zack Martin instead. No trade down or anything. Chiefs way.

Chief Roundup
03-23-2014, 05:50 PM
I would be surprised if any of the top QBs that fall would get passed Arizona. But if one did I would hope that the Browns would be on the phone wanting to give up their 26th and 3rd rounder for our 23rd overall.

Bowser
03-23-2014, 08:00 PM
Trade back

BossChief
03-23-2014, 08:40 PM
We'll probably draft Zack Martin instead. No trade down or anything. Chiefs way.

Are you trying to piss me off or something?

If they are gonna take a guard, I'd rather them trade back for peanuts or just pass their draft slot until the second round so the pick will cost less.

RealSNR
03-23-2014, 09:56 PM
Are you trying to piss me off or something?

If they are gonna take a guard, I'd rather them trade back for peanuts or just pass their draft slot until the second round so the pick will cost less.

It's self-hating type of humor. I didn't used to be this way.

Then I saw all those people in the true fan gif.

BossChief
03-23-2014, 09:59 PM
You know what's sad?

Taking Warmack or Cooper at 1 would have been a better selection than Fisher.

That makes me want to nuke a whole continent.

RippedmyFlesh
03-23-2014, 10:17 PM
I don't know if I take him. If all the teams above us pass on him who would trade with us to get him? Get Alex more weapons and worry about his successor later on down the road.

O.city
03-23-2014, 10:20 PM
If you think he could be a franchise upper echelon type qb in your system, take him.

If not, pass.

BossChief
03-23-2014, 10:28 PM
These are slotted deals.

Last years #23 pick (Sharriff Floyd) got a 4 year, 7.6 million dollar deal.

If we can get Bortles, Bridgewater or Manziel for that contract, they better not turn down the opportunity or it will come back to bite them in the ass.

kccrow
03-24-2014, 05:48 PM
Bridgewater I'd take a chance on and draft. Manziel, same thing. I wouldn't touch Bortles until round 3. I don't understand how that flutterball QB is even considered a 1st round caliber player more or less a potential 1st overall pick.

Wallcrawler
03-24-2014, 06:06 PM
If Manziel or Bridgewater falls to us, Id be cool with picking one of them up.

We're kind of in a passive state right here because of our cap, but we're taking care of our players, and we're really poised to make some good pickups next season with better cap situation, and what should be a good haul of compensatory picks.

If we can get one of these guys who can be in a perfect situation to play behind Alex Smith and learn the system, that would be really awesome I think. They wont be forced into the fire right away, and have a really good shot at being groomed into a potential franchise QB.

The Chiefs aren't making a championship run this season anyway, so why not get a pickup that has potential to secure the most important position on offense for the next 10 years, while playing behind a solid starting QB that has had every type of adversity thrown at him, while playing for a coach that can get the most out of his quarterbacks.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-24-2014, 06:41 PM

And yes, I'd take him.

Bridgewater is gonna be a failure. Manziel might somehow be there at 23 but I really doubt it. If he is, we won't draft him though.

Easy 6
03-27-2014, 04:48 PM
Fat chance we draft a QB in any round.