PDA

View Full Version : Brandin Cooks

staylor26
04-04-2014, 10:35 PM
Ok this has pretty much been my guy for a while now, and I know a lot of others feel the same way. This guy is what this offense needs. If we add him and Kelce to the mix and Jenkins takes over Avery's spot, I can see a lot more performances like that playoff game from Alex. Who else is all in on Cooks? One more thing I heard Andy's buddy Mornhinweg LOVES Cooks which is a good sign.

Saccopoo
04-04-2014, 10:36 PM
I think Odell Beckham has better pro potential, but Cooks is solid.

staylor26
04-04-2014, 10:38 PM
I think Odell Beckham has better pro potential, but Cooks is solid.

Very close for me, but I don't like some of the things I've heard about Beckham's work ethic. Cooks on the other hand seems like a Steve Smith clone that plays with a chip on his shoulder and will put the work in to come in and contribute immediately.

The Pest
04-04-2014, 10:51 PM
<---------------------

OldSchool
04-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Jets are going to take him.

Saccopoo
04-04-2014, 10:56 PM
Very close for me, but I don't like some of the things I've heard about Beckham's work ethic. Cooks on the other hand seems like a Steve Smith clone that plays with a chip on his shoulder and will put the work in to come in and contribute immediately.

I have no idea to what you are referring to. Everything I've read and heard about Beckham describes a guy who has a tremendous work ethic. High school coaches, college coaches, everyone.

"Odell Beckham, Jr. brings the entire package as a versatile football player," said Gil Brandt, longtime NFL scouting guru and Paul Hornung Award Selection Committee member. "In my opinion, Beckham is the best college receiver in the country and the best kick and punt returner in the country. He's a devastating blocker and has the speed and size to make outstanding plays in tough situations, which he demonstrated on a consistent basis in the big games in the toughest league in the country. He's also a quality individual with a terrific attitude and work ethic."

For me, Beckham is this unique combination of character, work ethic and talent that puts him a notch above many other players of the Miles era.

Football Coach Stewart is similarly proud of Beckham’s selection.”It is an amazing honor for both Odell and the School,” he said. “This is one of the top games in the country, and it says a great deal about his talent, his work ethic, and his performance. I am obviously very proud of him, and his family. He has worked very hard to get where he is as an athlete.”

Yeah, they’re different guys,” Miles said. “The similarities are many. They’re very committed to this team, their work ethic is tremendous. They recognize their contribution is necessary for our team’s success and they’re both giving it.

staylor26
04-04-2014, 11:03 PM
It was Tony Pauline in a podcast talking about what NFL people are saying about certain prospects. Basically said he doesn't like to practice. Didn't do enough research after though. Thanks for showing me that.

Chiefshrink
04-05-2014, 12:24 AM
I have said it from the very beginning that Cooks has that explosive speed and playmaking ability at anytime. Beckham doesn't have a 5th gear like Cooks. But I will be happy with either one and if both are sitting there at 23 it's Cooks for me.:clap:

Saccopoo
04-05-2014, 01:03 AM
The concern I have about Cooks is he's tiny with short arms (30 3/4") and his frame looks pretty much maxed out. Beckham has a much bigger frame with substantially longer arms (32 3/4").

I don't think he (Cooks) has a chance on the outside at the next level and he'll have to play inside and maximize his jitterbug capabilities in the slot whereas Beckham's arms and vertical would allow him to play much bigger than his 5'11" height is and give him a chance to produce on the outside as a #1 or #2 NFL WR.

Both use their hands well in catching the ball.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Nea1ESUBdTo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YCwKdJUVrno?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direckshun
04-05-2014, 09:02 AM
They're both about equal. Odell's flashier, but Cooks can be an elite route runner.

Saccopoo
04-05-2014, 11:06 AM
They're both about equal. Odell's flashier, but Cooks can be an elite route runner.

I agree that both run terrific routes as well.

They are very close in terms of what they provide - speed, hands, route running, work ethic, football skills, etc.

So, if those traits are pretty on par with one another, which they seem to be, I'll take Beckham's higher vertical, longer arms, bigger hands and larger frame, which gives him an advantage over Cooks in terms of going up against larger defensive backs at the next level, especially on outside, one on one routes.

That being said, I'm not going to complain too much if they take Cooks over Beckham or vice versa.

staylor26
04-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Sac who's your top 3 at 23?

Saccopoo
04-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Sac who's your top 3 at 23?

For the Chiefs?

Odell Beckham
- Fits what both Reid and Dorsey have drafted in the past (Desean Jackson, Randall Cobb), has the potential to be a #1 WR due to his length, etc.

Kyle Van Noy
- Four down linebacker who can play a myriad of positions. Very similar to Derrick Johnson at the same stage. Vocal team leader, fundamentally sound and loves the game. Better than Kiko Alonso from last year.

Gabe Jackson
- Best interior OL prospect in this draft IMO. I think he's a better version of the Lion's Larry Warford, who was NFL rookie lineman of the year last season. S'ua-Filo and Yankey can't hold Gabe Jackson's jock and the Chiefs have a definite need at the OG position.

O.city
04-05-2014, 03:22 PM
There's no god damn way Gabe Jackson should be considered at 23.

OldSchool
04-05-2014, 03:41 PM

Seriously, lol. Maybe at pick 87, but no way in hell at pick 23.

Saccopoo
04-05-2014, 03:43 PM

If you are considering S'ua-Filo or Yankey, you better be considering Jackson as well as he's better than either one.

You can add Zach Martin to that as well.

O.city
04-05-2014, 03:46 PM
I want Beckham and dri archer

Titty Meat
04-06-2014, 05:19 PM
For the Chiefs?

Odell Beckham
- Fits what both Reid and Dorsey have drafted in the past (Desean Jackson, Randall Cobb), has the potential to be a #1 WR due to his length, etc.

Kyle Van Noy
- Four down linebacker who can play a myriad of positions. Very similar to Derrick Johnson at the same stage. Vocal team leader, fundamentally sound and loves the game. Better than Kiko Alonso from last year.

Gabe Jackson
- Best interior OL prospect in this draft IMO. I think he's a better version of the Lion's Larry Warford, who was NFL rookie lineman of the year last season. S'ua-Filo and Yankey can't hold Gabe Jackson's jock and the Chiefs have a definite need at the OG position.

Oh look Sac mocking another Mormon player to the Chiefs.

Saccopoo
04-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Oh look Sac mocking another Mormon player to the Chiefs.

Yeah, it obviously has nothing to do with the fact that he is actually good, would fit in and contribute at a number of positions right from the get go and give us the best linebacking corps outside of the 49ers.

But whatever you religiously intolerant heathen fuck.

And I'm agnostic btw. I don't give a flying goat fuck if he's Protestant, Lutheran, Muslim, Hindu or Seventh Day Adventist.

I'm glad that somebody else's religious beliefs are a significant factor in your determination of their worth and role in your society as you see it.

Sorter
04-06-2014, 05:31 PM
For the Chiefs?

Odell Beckham

Kyle Van Noy

Huh?

Sfeihc
04-06-2014, 05:54 PM
Hmmm, somebody stole Kiko in the CP Mock last year. Who was that? :hmmm:

Saccopoo
04-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Huh?

I think he's a better prospect than Kiko Alonso from the 2013 NFL Draft, a linebacker from Oregon who was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the second round who eventually made the All-Rookie Team for the 2013 season, was the PFWA Defensive Rookie of the Year, etc.

I believe that Van Noy has a better skill set and athleticism than Alonso and therefore is a better pro prospect.

I hope that helps.

Sorter
04-06-2014, 06:02 PM
I think he's a better prospect than Kiko Alonso from the 2013 NFL Draft, a linebacker from Oregon who was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the second round who eventually made the All-Rookie Team for the 2013 season, was the PFWA Defensive Rookie of the Year, etc.

I believe that Van Noy has a better skill set and athleticism than Alonso and therefore is a better pro prospect.

I hope that helps.
Thanks punkin, it sure did!

I think Van Noy has a broader skill set (e.g. Van Noy is a much better pass rusher, can cover, set the edge, etc.) but I don't think he's better in coverage or against the run.

They also will likely play different positions, so I'm not really sure this is a valid comparison.

Van Noy is very similar to Jamie Collins IMO, who could rush the passer, cover, play zone, set the edge, etc.