PDA

View Full Version : I got a personal letter from Carl Peterson today!!

Dartgod
03-05-2002, 04:29 PM
This is too cool. I got a letter from carl Peterson today regarding the petition we signed here about the possibility of signing Romanowski. Here is what it said:

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Sherman:

Thank you and all the others who responded to the Chiefs Planet Bulletin Board regarding Bill Romanowski. I try to caution people from ever believing completely what is written in The Kansas City Star about the Chiefs.

Sometimes, however, even I will use the local media to send a ruse to other teams (particularly in our division). This is what we call "the game within the game" specific to team's salary caps. If you can force a team to pay more than what a player is worth by feigning interest in that player, you can sometimes create cap problems for that team. I hope you understand the meaning of this letter. We will see Romanowski twice this year versus Oakland.

Sincerely,
Carl D. Peterson
President/General Manager
Chief Executive Officer

jiveturkey
03-05-2002, 04:32 PM
Ya see,
Just let the man do his job.

jcroft
03-05-2002, 04:32 PM
That is cool. Carl gets more respsect in my book soley for using the word "ruse."

Jeff
Loves that word.

chiefsfan58
03-05-2002, 04:33 PM
awesome!

way to go Carl! :toast:

Yorg
03-05-2002, 04:34 PM
I got that same letter! I think he sent it to everybody!

Mr. Christopher
03-05-2002, 04:34 PM
I guess the King just likes to play poker...too bad he can't tip his hand to us fans once in a while :sulk:.

redshirt32
03-05-2002, 04:35 PM
Sort of like last year when we were interested in broncos QB

HMM......;)

WilliamTheIrish
03-05-2002, 04:36 PM
... he used in signing Elvis. Or letting Traylor go. Or drafting Tree. Jenkins.

However, I'm amazed he wrote back.

WilliamTheIrish

jcroft
03-05-2002, 04:37 PM
Ruse: cunning attempt to trick someone.

I don't think drafting, signing, or choosing not to resign someone could possibly be a ruse.

Well, maybe it COULD be, but in the aforementioned cases, it wasn't.

Mr. Christopher
03-05-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Yorg
I got that same letter! I think he sent it to everybody!

Maybe but I don't think I got one...I'll have to check my mail in a little bit. I don't know...did anyone sign the petition and include their full mailing address? I just signed my name and town in which I live. I didn't include any information beyond that.

gh4chiefs
03-05-2002, 04:41 PM
Exact same letter I received from him.

Dartgod
03-05-2002, 04:42 PM
William - I agree that most of what he said is just BS. I was surprised to get the damn thing in the first place and was stunned when I saw him refer to Chiefs Planet. The bottom line is--we definately got his attention!

Dartgod
03-05-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by IAchiefsfan
Maybe but I don't think I got one...I'll have to check my mail in a little bit. I don't know...did anyone sign the petition and include their full mailing address? I just signed my name and town in which I live. I didn't include any information beyond that.
I just signed my name, but the letter was addressed to my wife and I. Since we are season ticket holders, I'm assuming that is where he got the names and address.

Mr. Christopher
03-05-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Dartgod
I just signed my name, but the letter was addressed to my wife and I. Since we are season ticket holders, I'm assuming that is where he got the names and address.

I see...that would make a difference. If that's the case, I won't be getting a letter.

58Forever
03-05-2002, 04:47 PM
Because he freely admitted to you all who got letters...obviously it's a "game" played by all teams...The next time I hear about the Chiefs going after a player, say Dale Carter for instance, I will take it with a grain of salt....

It is too cool that we got his attention...:D

Bwana
03-05-2002, 04:48 PM
Bob: Make sure to wash your hands! :D

Dartgod
03-05-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Bwana
Bob: Make sure to wash your hands! :D
LOL, no doubt!

Joe Seahawk
03-05-2002, 04:49 PM
What the He!! He sent me one too!

KCTitus
03-05-2002, 04:50 PM
Carl is a moron for sending out those letters and giving away such a vital piece of information.

chiefsfan58
03-05-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Joe Seahawk

L.O.L!!!

HAHAHA :D

now we have proof that you ARE a Chiefs fan!

chiefsfan58
03-05-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by KCTitus
Carl is a moron for sending out those letters and giving away such a vital piece of information.

i'm sure that strategy is more than well known around the league.

KCTitus
03-05-2002, 04:55 PM
58: maybe, but anything that carl does or doesnt do gets him the 'moron' tag 'round here, I just wanted to be the first to break it out.

Phobia
03-05-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by KCTitus
58: maybe, but anything that carl does or doesnt do gets him the 'moron' tag 'round here, I just wanted to be the first to break it out.

Hehe - I knew that was coming. Titus has a very wry sense of humor. Cracks me up every time.

FloridaChief
03-05-2002, 04:58 PM
i'm sure that strategy is more than well known around the league

Heh, Carl hints at it like he's giving away State secrets...

Agreed, it cool to see him mention the 'Planet...

DaWolf
03-05-2002, 05:10 PM
Hey, I posted he was doing this as a "ploy," to get Al to sign Romo so that Donnie Edwards would become less of a possibility in Oakalnd since Al doesn't like to invest too much in linebackers. I said it TIC though. Maybe there was something to it... ;)

Mile High Mania
03-05-2002, 05:13 PM
Wow... maybe Carl should focus less on the 'mind games' and pay more attention to putting together a team that contends for the title on a yearly basis. :p

(fyi - not implying that Denver is a team that contends every year, just making a statement)

chiefsfan58
03-05-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Mile High Mania
Wow... maybe Carl should focus less on the 'mind games' and pay more attention to putting together a team that contends for the title on a yearly basis. :p

(fyi - not implying that Denver is a team that contends every year, just making a statement)

agreed, Carl needs to concentrate on the GAME more than the inner-game...

DaWolf
03-05-2002, 05:15 PM
He should do both.

But to be fair, no team contends on a yearly basis. We had a playoff team for about 10 years, that wasn't going to go on forever. At some point you ain't going to contend. Can he get us back to contending? That is the question. In my book he has two years left to get it done...

hawaiianboy
03-05-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Joe Seahawk

Hey... Peterson must have been a letter writing fool over the weekend cause I got a response to the letter I wrote him too!...

I congratulated him on the ingenious 'liars poker' spin he's putting out there... I also reminded him that Romo came darn cheap.... He's only going to cost 1.3 million divided by 7 (years) plus his .7 million base salary only costs .45 million...

Thus, we get rid of the scrub we had there before and solve our SSLB need for only a cap hit of .636 million... That's an incredible price to pay for a two year mercenary to keep the seat warm for one of the draftees out of the 2003 stud LB class...

Carl Peterson is such a nice guy... he sent me a fancy envelope with a nice note thanking me for the cap info, along with some strange white powder... It must be some kind of special bath salt... I'll try it tonight...

stevieray
03-05-2002, 05:47 PM
two year mercenary...?

ROFL

Taco John
03-05-2002, 06:44 PM
I've got a bridge in Arizona I'd like to sell you fellas... One at a time please... There's a bridge for each of you who believed the Chiefs interest in Romo was nothing more than a ploy... No need to cut in line ahead of your fellow sucker, er fans...ROFL LOL

DaWolf
03-05-2002, 06:46 PM
Hell that's nothing JQ. I got a lawsuit from Al Davis this morning... :)

chief husker
03-05-2002, 07:24 PM
I heard from Al's hair stylist. He's got a look for me.

Skip Towne
03-05-2002, 08:17 PM
HB - That powder is not bath salt. You are supposed to snort it.

Frazod
03-05-2002, 10:20 PM
What the hell? I wrote the damn thing and I DIDN'T GET A RESPONSE?

:cuss:

That's not right..... grr

Of course, I guess its possible I deleted it along with the 90 FRIGGIN JUNK E-MAILS I GOT TODAY.

Oh well - Romo's a Raider - that's all the response I need! :D

Chiefaholic
03-05-2002, 10:53 PM
"Carl Peterson is such a nice guy... he sent me a fancy envelope with a nice note thanking me for the cap info, along with some strange white powder... It must be some kind of special bath salt... I'll try it tonight..."

LOL ROFL LOL ROFL LOL ROFL

Frazod
03-05-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Chiefaholic
"Carl Peterson is such a nice guy... he sent me a fancy envelope with a nice note thanking me for the cap info, along with some strange white powder... It must be some kind of special bath salt... I'll try it tonight..."

LOL ROFL LOL ROFL LOL ROFL

OMG! :eek:

CARL IS BIN LADEN!

:eek:

I guess that explains the first round pick for Green.... grr

memyselfI
03-06-2002, 09:01 AM
Translation:

We did really want him but since we didn't get him we are going to make like we really didn't want him but pretended like we did so we could make others pay more money than they wanted...

:rolleyes: :Lin:

gh4chiefs
03-06-2002, 09:04 AM
My translation is: We wanted the guy but didn't get him but we still have some pissed off season ticket holders. What can we do to placate them. I know, let's try a BS "ruse" story. Yeah that's the ticket.

CHIEFSFAN_NY
11-16-2004, 04:54 PM
LOL

I stumbled across this thread on a google search when I typed in "Carl Peterson" and petition.

SNR
11-16-2004, 05:43 PM
We wanted Bill Romanowski at one time?

Man, this D has been bad for a LONG time :banghead:

tk13
11-16-2004, 05:48 PM

Oh yeah, those were good times. I think half the board was ready to denounce their Chiefs fandom at the thought of Pharmanowski signing with KC.... ROFL

ROYC75
11-16-2004, 05:48 PM

No we didn't, read the letter, he was playing the market !

BigChiefFan
11-16-2004, 06:22 PM
As much as a thug as Romo is, he was a hell of alot better LB than what we currently have on the team.

digi2fish
11-16-2004, 09:21 PM
We will see Romanowski twice this year versus Oakland.

he has stated it pretty clear.
both team won't go into the playoffs

Thig Lyfe
11-17-2004, 06:48 AM
he has stated it pretty clear.
both team won't go into the playoffs

The letter is from 2002.

Just so you know.

SLAG
12-01-2005, 06:58 PM
Id thought this would be an interesting bump Now...

Maybe ill just be called a dumbass again :shrug:

Reaper16
12-01-2005, 07:14 PM
Id thought this would be an interesting bump Now...

Maybe ill just be called a dumbass again :shrug:

You're a dumbass again :p

mcan
12-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Wow, those were good times. There was NO WAY somebody like Romo was gonna end up here. Just no way. Glad to see it ended like he did. Us with Gunther Cunningham, and him on 60 minutes bawling his eyes out...

Skip Towne
12-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Carl must not have my address. He just sent me a PM.