PDA

View Full Version : Royals Who was at the Royals game tonight when they finished the sweep?

TimBone
10-06-2014, 12:07 AM
I've really enjoyed watching you guys celebrate the Royals post season success. I thought I'd get a thread going to see how many CP'ers enjoyed it in person.

Check in here if you were there and what was the most memorable moment?

How does it compare to other important wins at the K?

eDave
10-06-2014, 12:10 AM
I too, am interested in this.

teedubya
10-06-2014, 12:12 AM
I was at the WC game and the game tonight... I brought my wife and 2 kids tonight.

They are on top of the world. That's what I'm most happy about... their fandom is secured. My daughter loves Hosmer and Salvy.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10421502_10152764950493276_19052076155982475_n.jpg?oh=272888ab4cddfa2bd30224c7160d4ef1&oe=54C82779&__gda__=1421405168_dbd0af99f9363ee6d3ce2f9042dc1029

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzPGVfwCEAEQMA0.jpg

TimBone
10-06-2014, 12:15 AM
I was at the WC game and the game tonight... I brought my wife and 2 kids tonight.

They are on top of the world. That's what I'm most happy about... their fandom is secured. My daughter loves Hosmer and Salvy.

It's awesome that you got to enjoy it with the family.

teedubya
10-06-2014, 12:21 AM
It's awesome that you got to enjoy it with the family.

They enjoyed it. I'm glad that I was able to give them this memory. It was beautiful.

cosmo20002
10-06-2014, 12:24 AM
I was there...and it was awesome. Crowd was so pumped the whole way through. Even when Trout hit the HR in the first--which normally shuts up the crowd immediately--it's like the whole crowd was still so pumped from the start of the game there was hardly a drop-off in noise.

Huge eruptions on Gordon's hit in the 1st and 3 RBIs, and Hosmer and Moose's HRs, of course. But Cain's two great catches in a row was huge--and maybe almost as big a cheer as any hit was Butler stealing second. Everyone just went nuts. And then he did the "revving the motor" thing like Dyson does--it was hilarious.

teedubya
10-06-2014, 12:26 AM
Gordon's hit in the first was the loudest the stadium had been... Plus, I was standing on the 3rd base side on the lower level under the concrete upper level. That roar echoed.

We were SRO, and moved up to section 401 in the left field upper deck corner.

EPodolak
10-06-2014, 05:01 AM
Lightness and Dark on this day. The Royals continue to emit immutable radiance, and the Chiefs...

The Chiefs are effin' cursed.

kcxiv
10-06-2014, 05:06 AM
Lightness and Dark on this day. The Royals continue to emit immutable radiance, and the Chiefs...

The Chiefs are ****ing cursed.

Whats even more sad, is that the football team plays on an even playing field. Every team has the same salary cap. NO one team has any huge advantage, yet, the baseball team which has a HUGE HUGE disadvantage with salary caps won a play off series in their first ever return back to post season play.

Thats just mindboggling. The Chiefs are supposed to be this historic franchise, but they really are not. imo, they are one of the bottom 5 organizations in football. That makes me sad as a fan lol

Valiant
10-06-2014, 05:52 AM
Watching you all tv was awesome, the entire city did a great job. Hopefully the Glasses recognize what they could have.

cabletech94
10-06-2014, 06:34 AM
It was probably the most magical sporting event that I've witnessed in person. So glad my family was here as well. I wondered towards the first base foul pole after the masses had cleared out and got to high 5 the boys as they were parading around the stadium. It was fantastic.

Edit, Escobar has a lot of ink on his arms that's covered up when he's wearing his uni. Did not know that.
Goooooooooooo royals!

Codered
10-06-2014, 06:36 AM
The WC game appeared to be more magical with the comeback and the one and done feeling. After the first inning this game felt like a huge celebration all night. It's just been an amazing ride this post season. Will be back for the next!

WhawhaWhat
10-06-2014, 06:37 AM
My daughter loves Hosmer and Salvy.

All girls love Hosmer.

Nickel D
10-06-2014, 06:48 AM
I don't know if they're CP'ers, but former Royal George Brett and KU's Billie Selfie were there and they appeared to be happy.

ChiTown
10-06-2014, 07:09 AM
I am so fucking tired from last night. We got home around 230. My kids and wife slept the whole way, and I just drove on adrenaline. What a night. I'll never forget.

WakkaWakka
10-06-2014, 07:56 AM
Got home at 4:30 this morning. Didnt leave the K til around midnight. Went to Power and Light after the game, and some of the players showed up and it got freakin nuts!! Hosmer bought drinks for everyone for a solid hour, easily 500 people there! The players also got a hold of a lot of champagne and gave us all victory showers. It was awesome! Im at work now and Im dead tired, but it was SO WORTH IT!

Bearcat
10-06-2014, 08:05 AM
It was nuts. There's no ranking it for me... wasn't at the A's game, so there's nothing to compare it to. Went with my dad and it was his first postseason game, too. We celebrated in the stadium for a while and no one would leave... cannot wait for the ALCS.

Bearcat
10-06-2014, 08:06 AM
Got home at 4:30 this morning. Didnt leave the K til around midnight. Went to Power and Light after the game, and some of the players showed up and it got freakin nuts!! Hosmer bought drinks for everyone for a solid hour, easily 500 people there! The players also got a hold of a lot of champagne and gave us all victory showers. It was awesome! Im at work now and Im dead tired, but it was SO WORTH IT!

Holy shit, that sounds amazing.

Chief_For_Life58
10-06-2014, 08:23 AM
I was there. It was awesome

Chief_For_Life58
10-06-2014, 08:25 AM

I saw that was happening on shitter . that's awesome. Great night

allen_kcCard
10-06-2014, 08:33 AM
I got paid to be there, was pretty cool.

RockChalk
10-06-2014, 09:58 AM
It was not quite as wild as the Tuesday night WC game, but it was fairly comparable. As someone posted earlier, after Gordo's 3-run double in the 1st, it just felt like one big party all night.

One thing I noticed - somewhere around the 6th (maybe 7th) the wave got started. It also got shut down pretty quickly. There were a few people up where I was sitting that were pretty angry fans would attempt the wave while in the midst of watching a team accomplish something they had not even sniffed in 29 years. I wasn't vocal about it, but I agreed. Should also be noted that I think the wave is stupid in any situation. If the game is boring you so much that you get a kick out of stupid crap like that, go out to the Little K with your kids or just leave the ballpark.

duncan_idaho
10-06-2014, 10:02 AM
I was there again! Atmosphere was great again, though not quite as crazy since the Royals cruised home in this one.

It was not quite as wild as the Tuesday night WC game, but it was fairly comparable. As someone posted earlier, after Gordo's 3-run double in the 1st, it just felt like one big party all night.

One thing I noticed - somewhere around the 6th (maybe 7th) the wave got started. It also got shut down pretty quickly. There were a few people up where I was sitting that were pretty angry fans would attempt the wave while in the midst of watching a team accomplish something they had not even sniffed in 29 years. I wasn't vocal about it, but I agreed. Should also be noted that I think the wave is stupid in any situation. If the game is boring you so much that you get a kick out of stupid crap like that, go out to the Little K with your kids or just leave the ballpark.

I was glad the wave got shut down. There's some idiot in the RF stands who always thinks it's cool to start the wave (that's where it always comes from).

There also was some moron in RF trying to start the stupid "I believe" Sporting KC chant. He got a few people going with it but thankfully it didn't spread.

Chants from pretend major league sports should never be done at real major league sports.

tooge
10-06-2014, 10:03 AM
I was there with my son. It was fantastic. Best $400 I've ever spent. Lout, fanatical, energetic, and fun. It was as loud as Arrowhead usually is right after Gordon hit the triple in the first.

BigRedChief
10-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Got home at 4:30 this morning. Didnt leave the K til around midnight. Went to Power and Light after the game, and some of the players showed up and it got freakin nuts!! Hosmer bought drinks for everyone for a solid hour, easily 500 people there! The players also got a hold of a lot of champagne and gave us all victory showers. It was awesome! Im at work now and Im dead tired, but it was SO WORTH IT!Here's video of Homer spraying the fans at the P&L.
http://www.kshb.com/sports/baseball/royals/royals-players-celebrate-sweep-with-fans-at-power-light-district

WakkaWakka
10-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Also here:

http://deadspin.com/the-royals-partied-with-fans-and-eric-hosmer-bought-eve-1642864892?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

RockChalk
10-06-2014, 10:17 AM
I was glad the wave got shut down. There's some idiot in the RF stands who always thinks it's cool to start the wave (that's where it always comes from).

There also was some moron in RF trying to start the stupid "I believe" Sporting KC chant. He got a few people going with it but thankfully it didn't spread.

Chants from pretend major league sports should never be done at real major league sports.

One one the guys behind me, as the wave was approaching, stood up and screamed "You do not do the 'effing' wave when you are winning game 3 of a playoff game, god dammit!". It drew a few laughs and cheers. Again, I hate the wave no matter what the situation is.

They also tried to get the "I believe" stuff going on Tuesday night. It drew a little traction, but not much, just like last night. I happen to be a big SKC fan, but I will agree that the chant has no business at a Royals game (or Chiefs game). I don't even care much for that chant at SKC games anymore, as it is a bit played out.

Dr. Gigglepants
10-06-2014, 10:19 AM
I was there with my son. It was fantastic. Best $400 I've ever spent. Lout, fanatical, energetic, and fun. It was as loud as Arrowhead usually is right after Gordon hit the triple in the first.

Yeah, I thought that was the loudest moment. Sounded like arrowhead...I thought that ball was never going to come down when trout was chasing it.
Posted via Mobile Device

okcchief
10-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Just driving back home. One of the best live sports experiences I've had, and I've been to a number of cool events. Glad I gave into my impulses. Of course I saw Belly score from first and steal a base so I'm expecting to be woke up any minute now :)

Bearcat
10-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Heh, the wave never got to us in 427, but the Sporting chant did.... someone behind us complained about it and I almost turned around and started doing the tomahawk chop. :)

ChiTown
10-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Oh, and if it's not too much trouble, can we stop saying "Home of the Chiefs", at the end of the National Anthem, when we are clearly at the Royals game? Nothing, and I mean NOTHING sounds more retarded than that. TIA

TimBone
10-06-2014, 11:02 AM

Damn! That's awesome!

kcfanXIII
10-06-2014, 11:53 AM
I was there!!! It was freaking unreal. Waiting on the celebration video to upload to youtube, then I"ll embed.

WakkaWakka
10-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Oh, and if it's not too much trouble, can we stop saying "Home of the Chiefs", at the end of the National Anthem, when we are clearly at the Royals game? Nothing, and I mean NOTHING sounds more retarded than that. TIA

Royals have done 4 times in a row what the chiefs couldnt even do ONCE in the last 21 years. Its the HOME OF THE ROYALS now!

gblowfish
10-06-2014, 12:08 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10421502_10152764950493276_19052076155982475_n.jpg?oh=272888ab4cddfa2bd30224c7160d4ef1&oe=54C82779&__gda__=1421405168_dbd0af99f9363ee6d3ce2f9042dc1029

Making her wear that Beaker gear....that's CHILD ABUSE!!!

kcfanXIII
10-06-2014, 12:15 PM
I don't know if they're CP'ers, but former Royal George Brett and KU's Billie Selfie were there and they appeared to be happy.

I saw Self walking in. Told him I hated KU, but thought he was a great coach. He asked why I hated KU, I said "I was from Missouri," and he said, "Well you have to then," smiled and walked on in to the stadium. He was pretty cool about it.

teedubya
10-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Making her wear that Beaker gear....that's CHILD ABUSE!!!

Because we are teaching our kids to be winners, George. Winners. :-P

kcfanXIII
10-06-2014, 02:10 PM
Did some body say winner?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MUSWwEbeLD4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROYC75
10-06-2014, 04:04 PM
Who was at the Royals game tonight when they finished the sweep?

Clearly not I, I was 498 miles away in Ky doing this http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287186.

It was an adventure, a wonderful, wonderful adventure ( wasn't all to hard to do after all, but damn it looked complicated at first).

cosmo20002
10-06-2014, 04:35 PM
I saw Self walking in. Told him I hated KU, but thought he was a great coach. He asked why I hated KU, I said "I was from Missouri," and he said, "Well you have to then," smiled and walked on in to the stadium. He was pretty cool about it.

That's funny--I saw him walking out after the game. Everyone was yelling, "Hey coach! Hey coach!" but he was walking pretty fast and didn't look around. I think he wanted to avoid getting stuck in the crowd and talking to everyone.

kcfanXIII
10-06-2014, 07:40 PM
That's funny--I saw him walking out after the game. Everyone was yelling, "Hey coach! Hey coach!" but he was walking pretty fast and didn't look around. I think he wanted to avoid getting stuck in the crowd and talking to everyone.

He definitely didn't stop to talk(which I understand), but I thought he had a good attitude, and it was cool of him to respond to me.

BigRedChief
10-07-2014, 09:51 AM
http://m.kmbc.com/news/eric-hosmer-shells-out-20k-for-fans-postgame-party/28986140?utm_campaign=kmbc%2B9%2Bnews&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=hootsuite

Hosma had a $20k bar tab.

okcchief
10-07-2014, 10:02 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/07/9b8bd49b281f096c05af2bd9d49a5dac.jpg

BTW as a GOT fan I loved this shit. Awesome!