PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Will cincy finally fire Marvin Lewis?

MahiMike
01-04-2015, 07:30 PM
Some of the best talent in the NFL.

Great defenses.

Great WRs.

Great RBs.

Longest tenured coach.

Zero playoff wins.

It's time.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-04-2015, 07:31 PM
No

ILChief
01-04-2015, 07:33 PM
Trash QB

chefsos
01-04-2015, 07:36 PM
Based on today? No. I know injuries are part of the game, but he took about 60% of his team to Indy, and lost more of 'em during the game.

mcaj22
01-04-2015, 07:38 PM
he was missing by far the teams best player lol

lunkkunk
01-04-2015, 07:41 PM
Should they? Yes. Will they? Probably not. 12 years and zero playoff wins. For some teams not being the worst is good enough.

KCrockaholic
01-04-2015, 07:41 PM
I mean how long can a guy be so mediocre before he's let go. He's the definition of an average coach.

In58men
01-04-2015, 07:42 PM

And this is why we'll keep Alex Smith

He's 0-3 in the post season 0-2 with Green being active what's your point again?

GordonGekko
01-04-2015, 07:42 PM
He is this generation's Marty. Not quite as good in the regular season as Marty, but definitely brings teams that play tight and lose in the playoffs like Marty.

John Dope
01-04-2015, 07:43 PM
No, they won't fire him.

RealSNR
01-04-2015, 07:43 PM
At least the Chiefs change coaches every couple of years to give their fans 5 or 10 minutes of false hope.

Bengals fans don't even have that.

TLO
01-04-2015, 08:17 PM

Excuses.

kcxiv
01-04-2015, 08:24 PM
Marvin Schottenhiemer (spelling) haha

Yeah, Bengals are ok with just not sucking bad and giving fans hope that maybe maybe something might happen.

Same story as the rest though, no qb, no success in the play offs.

MahiMike
01-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Marvin Schottenhiemer (spelling) haha

Yeah, Bengals are ok with just not sucking bad and giving fans hope that maybe maybe something might happen.

Same story as the rest though, no qb, no success in the play offs.

Bullshit. He had Carson Palmer throwing to T.O. And Ocho Cinco for crying out loud!

Jimmya
01-04-2015, 08:37 PM
As long as Clark Hunt doesn't have the same patience

BryanBusby
01-04-2015, 08:41 PM
He will land a front office job before he is fired.

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2015, 09:31 PM
No, he shouldn't be fired. They've made the playoffs four years straight since drafting Dalton. They're still a young team and they were without their best WR today, TE Greshahm was out and their top running back injured, along with losing Maualuga in game. Lewis has also been the main voice in the draft room and their roster is very talented.

IF there was a talented, experienced NFL head coach, like Gruden in 2002, available to plug in and get them over the hump, then it would a conundrum for Mike Brown.

Fortunately for Lewis, Harbaugh chose to go to Michigan.

Red Dawg
01-04-2015, 09:32 PM
He needs to go. His chances have been plenty.

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2015, 09:36 PM
He needs to go. His chances have been plenty.

Who do you replace him with? Changing coaches just or change coaches is a bad idea, especially of the current coach is coaching a young team and QB.

The Bears are a prime example. Super Bowl appearance, NFC Championship appearance, fire Lovie Smith and take a major step backwards.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2015, 10:08 PM
He's the modern day black version of Marty.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-04-2015, 10:36 PM
Bengal and Lion fans are our brothers in futility.

Buehler445
01-04-2015, 11:34 PM
Who do you replace him with? Changing coaches just or change coaches is a bad idea, especially of the current coach is coaching a young team and QB.

The Bears are a prime example. Super Bowl appearance, NFC Championship appearance, fire Lovie Smith and take a major step backwards.

IMO Lovie made an absolute shitload of money off Brian Urlacher, and little else. The man has achieved very little success that didn't flow through Urlacher.

It was time for him to go. I'd have lost my fucking shit if the Chiefs picked his ass up off the street like some here were suggesting. Just because the alternative didn't work out doesn't mean parting ways was incorrect.

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2015, 11:46 PM
IMO Lovie made an absolute shitload of money off Brian Urlacher, and little else. The man has achieved very little success that didn't flow through Urlacher.

It was time for him to go. I'd have lost my fucking shit if the Chiefs picked his ass up off the street like some here were suggesting. Just because the alternative didn't work out doesn't mean parting ways was incorrect.

The entire Chicago defense was very good. The Bears nearly won the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman and had Cutler not choked on a dick in 2009, they'd have been in another Super Bowl.

He led a very good defense in St. Louis and of course was very good in Tampa with Dungy.

While I wouldn't want him in KC due to differing defensive philosophies and couldn't stand watching them switch back to a 4-3, I think you're selling the man short.

ThaVirus
01-04-2015, 11:50 PM
That Bears defense was really good for several years. They comfortably led the league in turnovers and defensive TDs for a stretch of several seasons.

tk13
01-04-2015, 11:59 PM
To be fair, the Bears were posting 4-6 win seasons even with Urlacher before Lovie Smith got there. They were the 3rd ranked defense in points, 5th in yards in Lovie's last year. These last two seasons without him they've finished 30+ in both yards/points both years. That's an amazing drop off. I don't think I'd wanted Lovie in KC but he had a lot of competitive teams.

DTLB58
01-05-2015, 12:09 AM
He will land a front office job before he is fired.
This. He pretty much already is there. I read an article on PFT back in July that stated Mike Brown had handed off the team to Lewis and Katie Blackburn on a 7 day a week basis now. He is pretty much going to have to tank to get fired I think.

Gadzooks
01-05-2015, 12:16 AM
Continuity is only a bad thing when your coach's name is Norf.

DTLB58
01-05-2015, 12:28 AM

I have been preaching this for awhile now. When every 3 years you switch Head Coaches/GM's/Systems and inevitably players, to get the right fit for the new coaches scheme there is never a cohesion in the franchise.
The Chiefs are on their sixth different head coach since Marty left in 1998. Not saying they should have necessarily stuck with any of them longer, just should have made better hiring decisions to start with. That Coach/GM/QB combo is so important, obviously we haven't gotten it right.

Chief Roundup
01-05-2015, 09:33 AM
Where were they before Marvin Lewis?
Who put all that talent on that team?
Where would the Bungles be without Marvin Lewis?
Yeah if the Bengals are smart they will keep him.

Buehler445
01-05-2015, 10:30 AM
The entire Chicago defense was very good. The Bears nearly won the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman and had Cutler not choked on a dick in 2009, they'd have been in another Super Bowl.

He led a very good defense in St. Louis and of course was very good in Tampa with Dungy.

While I wouldn't want him in KC due to differing defensive philosophies and couldn't stand watching them switch back to a 4-3, I think you're selling the man short.

I probably am, but it just appeared to me that boat didn't float without Urlacher.

Still, that doesn't make parting ways with Lovie a bad idea. How many QBs did he run through trying to find the right one? Eventually you just have to try something different.

Just Passin' By
01-05-2015, 11:16 AM
He should be fired now.
He should have been fired years ago.
Will he be fired? Other than Brown, who the hell knows?

WhiteWhale
01-05-2015, 03:01 PM
Bullshit. He had Carson Palmer throwing to T.O. And Ocho Cinco for crying out loud!

That's a bit cherry picked.

That was a 4-12 team with a washed up T.O. and a washed up C.J... and a Carson Palmer who was so miserable he would rather play for the Raiders.

WhiteWhale
01-05-2015, 03:02 PM
Also... the Bengals defense was not 'great' this season.

Should they fire Lewis? I dunno. Before Marvin Lewis the Bengals were what the Raiders are right now. He's the only coach who was able to counter Mike Brown's awful ownership.

Rausch
01-05-2015, 03:03 PM
I doubt anyone in Cinci leaves.

They all get a do-over...

jonzie04
01-05-2015, 11:28 PM
Also... the Bengals defense was not 'great' this season.

Should they fire Lewis? I dunno. Before Marvin Lewis the Bengals were what the Raiders are right now. He's the only coach who was able to counter Mike Brown's awful ownership.

Correct, Houston had more sacks than the bengals... not the Houston texans.... Justin Houston.

Discuss Thrower
01-05-2015, 11:31 PM
They just need to get Dalton some more weapons and a better offensive line.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-05-2015, 11:36 PM
Some of the best talent in the NFL.

Great defenses.

Great WRs.

Great RBs.

Longest tenured coach.

Zero playoff wins.

It's time.

Cincinnati is the exact team that all true fans clamor for. Irony.

Discuss Thrower
01-05-2015, 11:38 PM
Cincinnati is the exact team that all true fans clamor for. Irony.

What we're seeing out Cincinnati over the last two years is the ceiling of what Andy Reid and Alex Smith are capable of.

Dave Lane
01-06-2015, 10:06 AM
Bengal and Lion fans are our brothers in futility.

We've found in one another a bond, that exists only in futility, among brothers. We've shared shitfests, held our breaths in dire moments. We've seen horrid QBs and suffered together.

Dave Lane
01-06-2015, 10:08 AM
They should fire Mike Brown

OldSchool
01-06-2015, 11:33 AM
They just need to get Dalton some more weapons and a better offensive line.

Are you kidding me?

AJ Green (arguably the best WR in the nfl), Jermaine Gresham (good starting TE), Tyler Eifert (great receiving TE), Marvin Jones (good young WR), Sanu (another good young WR), their entire offensive line is one of the best units in the league (only gave up 23 sacks total and blocked for a top 3 running game), their RBs (one of the best duos in the league), and you say that they need even more for Dalton to succeed?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-06-2015, 11:45 AM
Are you kidding me?

AJ Green (arguably the best WR in the nfl), Jermaine Gresham (good starting TE), Tyler Eifert (great receiving TE), Marvin Jones (good young WR), Sanu (another good young WR), their entire offensive line is one of the best units in the league (only gave up 23 sacks total and blocked for a top 3 running game), their RBs (one of the best duos in the league), and you say that they need even more for Dalton to succeed?

:facepalm:

O.city
01-06-2015, 12:11 PM
They've paid a shit load of money for their defense and dl and it isn't worth a shit anymore.