PDA

View Full Version : Football Doug Marrone is now the Jags OL coach

the Talking Can
01-21-2015, 07:38 AM
wtf?

He gave up being an NFL HC and is now a position coach for one of the worst teams/franchises in the league?

Did he just assume people would be throwing head coaching jobs at him?

I know he is getting paid, but this still seems like an epically stupid career move.

Cheater5
01-21-2015, 08:25 AM
Traded living in Buffalo NY for Jacksonville FL.

Some dudes may acknowledge they are products of the Peter Principle, and step back.

Just a guess...:shrug:

Sorter
01-21-2015, 08:45 AM
wtf?

He gave up being an NFL HC and is now a position coach for one of the worst teams/franchises in the league?

Did he just assume people would be throwing head coaching jobs at him?

I know he is getting paid, but this still seems like an epically stupid career move.

He's also the asst. HC and getting 4M from the Bills. He really enjoys teaching OL as well (enough to do it for a year while getting paid like a HC).

RunKC
01-21-2015, 08:46 AM
He's also the asst. HC and getting 4M from the Bills. He really enjoys teaching OL as well (enough to do it for a year while getting paid like a HC).

I wish I could quit my job to go to the beach and still be paid $4 million by my former employer :(

the Talking Can
01-21-2015, 09:11 AM
He's also the asst. HC...

that makes more sense

Iowanian
01-21-2015, 09:23 AM
Maybe he found himself not enjoying leadership as much as he thought he would.

He wouldn't be the first guy to get promoted, realize it sucked more than he thought and then drop back into being a worker bee.

Maybe Buffalo was causing shrinkage and he just wanted to relocate.

thabear04
01-21-2015, 09:32 AM
He old so Florida a good fit.

Titty Meat
01-21-2015, 09:39 AM
Florida doesn't have an income tax wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Chiefnj2
01-21-2015, 10:17 AM
He needs a year or two to rehab his image. Supposedly his interview with the Jets was a nightmare. Plus, all the stories that came out of Buffalo about him being extremely difficult to work with.