PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Beloved: Your Favorite Chiefs. Round 1, Heat 20. Linebackers, Part 3

Rain Man
03-04-2015, 04:15 PM
This is our final heat of linebackers

You know the drill by now. Vote for your FAVORITE players who have done the three point stance, for whatever reason you may have. Ability, longevity, personality, moxie, hair style, girlfriend attractiveness, ability to backpedal, weight room records, taste in movies, ability to make a fine flan, whatever. What players do you like and were glad to root for?

Bufkin
03-04-2015, 04:15 PM
In b4 poll

loochy
03-04-2015, 04:28 PM
LMAO boomer grigsby

i didnt know he was a LB...i thought he was only special teams

gblowfish
03-04-2015, 04:31 PM
Sherrill Headrick's nickname was "Psycho." He's in the Chiefs HOF.

Rain Man
03-04-2015, 04:32 PM
My top three:

#1 - Donnie Edwards. I know he went for a lot of running back rides, but I liked him for the most part. He was agile and fast. Smallest inside linebacker I've ever seen.

#2 - Greg Manusky. He never started, but he was a special teams stalwart. Anyone else remember his great run when he recovered a partially blocked Chiefs punt? He got caught around the five and I was really wanting him to score.

#3 - Boomer Grigsby. Admit it. We all liked Boomer.

Honorable mention.

Justin Houston. If he was under a long-term contract he might break my top three. You can't deny how stellar he is on the field, but off the field he seems like he requires handling.

Gary Stills. See my earlier review of Derrick Blaylock. He helped create Dante Hall.

Thomas Howard. One of the few Chiefs LBs of his era who was kind of fun to watch. Another light and athletic linebacker.

Tracy Rogers. I can't explain why, but I liked him. Just a solid player who stepped up when needed.

Anyone remember who Keyaron Fox got into a fight with in a meeting room? What was the story there?

Rain Man
03-04-2015, 06:22 PM
It looks like Kawika is still getting mileage out of that whole thing about flying through a windshield.

Phobia
03-04-2015, 10:06 PM

Only 6 votes for him. Shameful.

Psyko Tek
03-04-2015, 10:09 PM

didn't know his nick name was psyko...

srvy
03-04-2015, 10:16 PM

I always remember alumni day Ol Sherrill would hobble out each year getting worse and worse. One your his team mates literally carried him out to be recognized at halftime. He was one my votes and all indications was he was a well loved teammate.

ChiTown
03-04-2015, 10:27 PM
I always remember alumni day Ol Sherrill would hobble out each year getting worse and worse. One your his team mates literally carried him out to be recognized at halftime. He was one my votes and all indications was he was a well loved teammate.

He got a vote from me as well. My Dad wanted to name me Sherril when I was born but my Mom, mercifully, vetoed that.

suzzer99
03-04-2015, 10:54 PM
Did I miss the Dino Hackett vote?

Rain Man
03-04-2015, 10:58 PM
Did I miss the Dino Hackett vote?

Yeah, I think he was in the first heat and moved on to the next round.

Rain Man
03-04-2015, 11:00 PM

I think there's no doubt that he would do better in a "greatest Chiefs" vote, but I bet 95 percent of the board never saw him play, and there's also not much film on him. Those older dudes get short shrift because of the film thing.

oldman
03-05-2015, 07:08 AM
Donnie Edwards as #1. Boomer at #2 and Pyscho at 3. I'll pass on Houston until we see if he wants to be a Chief or is just there for the cash.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-05-2015, 07:24 AM
Donnie Edwards as #1. Boomer at #2 and Pyscho at 3. I'll pass on Houston until we see if he wants to be a Chief or is just there for the cash.

Hunt is just there for the cash. What's the difference?

Rain Man
03-06-2015, 04:38 PM
Justin Houston, Donnie Edwards, and Greg Manusky move on. You heard it here first, folks. Justin Houston moves on.