PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Beloved: Your Favorite Chiefs. Round 4. Finals Prelude.

Rain Man
03-18-2015, 07:49 PM
Okay, we are now down to the nine most beloved Chiefs. In this round, you'll still vote for your three favorites. The top three vote-getters will move on to the final championship round.

Remember, vote for your three FAVORITES.

Kman34
03-18-2015, 07:51 PM
In

In58men
03-18-2015, 07:52 PM
Denarius Moore with ketchup

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
03-18-2015, 08:04 PM
DT, Priest, Gonzo

Hydrae
03-18-2015, 08:06 PM
DT, Priest, Gonzo

wrong order: Priest, DT, Gonzo

:D

03-18-2015, 08:10 PM
wrong order: Priest, DT, Gonzo

:D

I can't disagree. The more I think about it, Priest is my favorite Chief. He'll get my vote if he can get there.

Rain Man
03-18-2015, 08:50 PM
I went with:

#1 - Jamaal Charles. I have to go with my man Jamaal. He may be the most exciting player the Chiefs have ever had, and he's a blast to watch. He can run, he can block, he can catch, and he's a nice guy. History should treat him very well.

#2 - Derrick Thomas. He singlehandedly turned the Chiefs around as a player at a time when we really needed someone to do that. Add in the fact that he was pretty darn good, and you have a recipe for a favorite player.

#3 - Bobby Bell. He's the epitome of the championship Chiefs, and our first Hall of Famer. Plus, I hear that he's a great guy.

Hydrae
03-18-2015, 08:57 PM
I went with:

#1 - Jamaal Charles. I have to go with my man Jamaal. He may be the most exciting player the Chiefs have ever had, and he's a blast to watch. He can run, he can block, he can catch, and he's a nice guy. History should treat him very well.

#2 - Derrick Thomas. He singlehandedly turned the Chiefs around as a player at a time when we really needed someone to do that. Add in the fact that he was pretty darn good, and you have a recipe for a favorite player.

#3 - Bobby Bell. He's the epitome of the championship Chiefs, and our first Hall of Famer. Plus, I hear that he's a great guy.

I would have voted for Jamaal but didn't want to vote for two RBs. The choice between he and Priest was tough but Priest's ability to score always got my heart pumping so he got the nod, barely.

Reaper16
03-18-2015, 09:02 PM
This is like severing multiple limbs, but I went with DT, Shields, and Gonzalez.

As much as I respect and revere Bell & Lanier, I'm not old enough to have seen them play contemporaneously with me.

As much as I love a good RB more than anything else in football, my Jamaal & Priest loyalties cancelled each other out.

cdcox
03-18-2015, 09:19 PM
In typical form, Chiefsplanet votes for all the players that never won a playoff game.

lewdog
03-18-2015, 09:22 PM
In typical form, Chiefsplanet votes for all the players that never won a playoff game.

Some of us were too young to watch any of the really good ones.

cdcox
03-18-2015, 09:27 PM
Some of us were too young to watch any of the really good ones.

All part of Clark's plan. Once all of us older fans are gone, they will probably change the record books to further promote the idea among the fan base that it is impossible for the Chiefs to field a championship team. And you will love it.

AndChiefs
03-18-2015, 09:29 PM

The Chiefs have won a playoff game?

oldman
03-18-2015, 09:51 PM
Mr. Willie Lanier, Lenny the Cool, Will Shields. End of discussion.

Gadzooks
03-18-2015, 09:58 PM
Bell, Thomas and Dawson are the 3 Chiefs I hate the least.

03-18-2015, 10:11 PM
I went with:

Lol no

Rain Man
03-18-2015, 11:03 PM
Lol no

You have perplexed me.

Jamaal can catch with the best of them. In fact, doesn't he hold our single-game record for receiving touchdowns?

Rain Man
03-18-2015, 11:03 PM
Bell, Thomas and Dawson are the 3 Chiefs I hate the least.

Admit it. You loved them.

Mojo Jojo
03-19-2015, 01:03 AM
Bell...greatest OLB to play the game...and one hell of a great guy
Lanier...One of the greatest ILB to play the game along with Butkus et al
Shields...Third round draft pick that moved positions from college and went on to become a Hall of Famer as well as a Payton award winner...true class on and off the field.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2015, 07:00 AM
Ultimately defense with a splash of the ONLY Super Bowl-winning QB the Chiefs have ever had, make the cut:

Bell.

Thomas.

Dawson.

Old Dog
03-19-2015, 07:21 AM
Bell, Holmes, Shields

spanky 52
03-19-2015, 07:41 AM
Lanier, Bell and Dawson. SB winners.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-19-2015, 08:15 AM
Crazy to me so many are not voting for DT.

1. DT
2. Gonzo
3. Charles

Priest was really really close. Jamaal got the nod because he's not done and has already exceeded him. I have hope JC will do something priest never did, which is win some playoff games. As Rainman said, history will be kind to Jamaal.

03-19-2015, 08:25 AM
You have perplexed me.

Jamaal can catch with the best of them. In fact, doesn't he hold our single-game record for receiving touchdowns?

He's a pretty good in the passing game overall, but he most definitely has stone hands.

hometeam
03-19-2015, 08:25 AM
I just cant vote for guys that played before I was born.

hometeam
03-19-2015, 08:31 AM
He's a pretty good in the passing game, but he most definitely has stone hands.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNeE7e3NsrflExsaxJtzpmc3r9oastk5kOmS7LVNE43meZRsSN0g

Old Dog
03-19-2015, 08:35 AM
Crazy to me so many are not voting for DT.

I know that many here became fans during his heyday and I suspect that is the main reason he's currently in the lead and will most likely win the final going away, but in my opinion he wasn't the best linebacker in Chiefs history, let alone best player and he certainly wasn't the man off the field that some of the others are.

I'm not saying there are ANY "wrong" answers, after all this is "favorite" not "best".

hometeam
03-19-2015, 08:42 AM
I hate to say it, but like the old saying goes; 'you cant compete with a dead man'

Easy 6
03-19-2015, 08:59 AM
Charles, Priest and Shields.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-19-2015, 09:06 AM
I know that many here became fans during his heyday and I suspect that is the main reason he's currently in the lead and will most likely win the final going away, but in my opinion he wasn't the best linebacker in Chiefs history, let alone best player and he certainly wasn't the man off the field that some of the others are.

I'm not saying there are ANY "wrong" answers, after all this is "favorite" not "best".

I hear what you're saying. A lot of us weren't even a thought yet during those glory years. We can't even compute what it was like.

Rain Man
03-19-2015, 09:49 AM
I just cant vote for guys that played before I was born.

And that's fair. This is, after all, our personal favorites. As a chiefsplanet population, our favorites will change over time as younger people come on board and never remembered guys like DT or Priest or Shields. Time marches on.

Rain Man
03-19-2015, 09:55 AM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNeE7e3NsrflExsaxJtzpmc3r9oastk5kOmS7LVNE43meZRsSN0g

I have no idea what to say.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2015, 11:16 AM
Gonzales leading Bell?

Fuck that noise.