PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dee Ford has a fractured rib

Hammock Parties
08-21-2015, 11:58 PM
yay

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It looks like Dee Ford has a fractured rib per Andy Reid.</p>&mdash; Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/634930427208204289">August 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Psyko Tek
08-22-2015, 12:01 AM
bust?

ThaVirus
08-22-2015, 12:01 AM
Fuck him then

O.city
08-22-2015, 12:03 AM
He kicked Okungs ass tonight, hope he heels fast

MAG
08-22-2015, 12:04 AM
is that bad

chiefzilla1501
08-22-2015, 12:05 AM
Am I the only one that thought that block was pretty dirty? Or am I just being a homer?

Buehler445
08-22-2015, 12:12 AM
Holy shit. Estimated recovery?

Mav
08-22-2015, 12:13 AM
Am I the only one that thought that block was pretty dirty? Or am I just being a homer?

You're homering. That was a standard chip block.

Mav
08-22-2015, 12:14 AM

Probably about 6 weeks.

thabear04

The RB didn't have to hit him like that.

mdchiefsfan

This. He didn't see it coming and was blindsided. Not the RB's fault at all.

New World Order
How is Teddy Bridgewater doing?

Mav
08-22-2015, 12:15 AM
The RB didn't have to hit him like that.

He didn't have to but damn it was impressive.

ThaVirus
08-22-2015, 12:17 AM
In all seriousness, I was really looking forward to seeing him on some speed rushes in obvious passing situations. This sucks.

Hopefully he can come back sometime before mid-season.

Tribal Warfare
08-22-2015, 12:18 AM

it will be at least one month

Hammock Parties
08-22-2015, 12:19 AM

12/14 130 yards, no picks

Vikings first-team offense has run 28 plays for 144 yards and 10 points so far.

Mav
08-22-2015, 12:21 AM

God I hate you sometimes.

penbrook
08-22-2015, 12:23 AM
Depends how bad it is. I broke one of my ribs during high school football. I've that bitch up. Wrapped it all up. Put on a rib protector and I was back out the next week. Sucks because it feels like you can't breathe

saphojunkie
08-22-2015, 01:11 AM
I thought he played a great game. Having broken ribs myself, here's hoping it isn't a bad recovery, because his first step is sick.

CoMoChief
08-22-2015, 01:17 AM
I thought he played a great game. Having broken ribs myself, here's hoping it isn't a bad recovery, because his first step is sick.

So sick that he runs right past the play 90% of the time.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2015, 01:19 AM

Ford makes Eric Fisher look like Willie Roaf.

aturnis
08-22-2015, 01:28 AM

Dude came in full force into the side of a guy who was already engaged with a lineman and being well blocked.

If nothing else, it was completely unnecessary and the reason preseason is dangerous for veterans. Young guys taking their chance to show something.

Dude tee'd off.

Mav
08-22-2015, 01:29 AM
Dude came in full force into the side of a guy who was already engaged with a lineman and being well blocked.

If nothing else, it was completely unnecessary and the reason preseason is dangerous for veterans. Young guys taking their chance to show something.

Dude tee'd off.

That's the way it's taught.

mcaj22
08-22-2015, 01:30 AM

yup. This is what Clay Matthews does too every play and Packers fans get pissed cause he will go north/south and blow passed the pocket, leaving a giant hole for the RB blocking that might delay for a run, its why they say the Packers run defense is so bad and they are basically playing with 10 players on the field sometimes cause Matthews runs up the field and overshoots the pocket.

Red Dawg
08-22-2015, 06:34 AM
He got dropped Rowdy Rhonda style. Cold cocked and out.

Red Dawg
08-22-2015, 06:36 AM
Ford makes Eric Fisher look like Willie Roaf.

I thought Eric Fisher name use was banned on this forum. We should never let his memory into our thoughts.

ChiefRocka
08-22-2015, 06:41 AM
This. He didn't see it coming and was blindsided. Not the RB's fault at all.

Ford was beasting off the snap and was shell-shocked when he saw another body only after giving him the jolt of a lifetime.

rico
08-22-2015, 06:42 AM
Is Teddy still wearing that magic glove on his throwing hand?!?!?!?!?

ChiefRocka
08-22-2015, 06:44 AM
Can we throw some bbq on that?

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1430742/images/o-ANDY-REID-facebook.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-22-2015, 06:46 AM
Prayers sent.

rico
08-22-2015, 06:47 AM
Prayers sent.

We've got to pray, just to make it today. God damn!!!!

Mr. Pink
08-22-2015, 06:50 AM
Ford looked good to me. He was whipping Okung's butt. So much so that they had to help him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-22-2015, 06:50 AM
We've got to pray, just to make it today. God damn!!!!

http://media.giphy.com/media/GItYvFTKec97G/giphy.gif

rico
08-22-2015, 06:53 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/GItYvFTKec97G/giphy.gif

http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_640x430/public/mchammer_1.jpg

YayMike
08-22-2015, 07:07 AM
Hopefully he doesn't miss too much time. He played good last night. Loved seeing him opposite of Houston. Rest him for the next 2 weeks, then see how he is for the opener....if he's not 100%, Maybe he'll back by week 2 or 3.

staylor26
08-22-2015, 09:29 AM
Ford looked good to me. He was whipping Okung's butt. So much so that they had to help him.

This is why CP is fucking clueless. Anybody that wasn't impressed with Ford's ability to beat a guy like Okung should just stop talking football. He just needs to finish. It will come.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-22-2015, 09:35 AM
This is why CP is fucking clueless. Anybody that wasn't impressed with Ford's ability to beat a guy like Okung should just stop talking football. He just needs to finish. It will come.

Okay, I have to ask:

Is this Tardian with a new handle?

staylor26
08-22-2015, 09:37 AM
Okay, I have to ask:

Is this Tardian with a new handle?

Did Ford not beat Okungs ass off the snap to a point where it led to a false start and help? Do you ****ing watch the games or just sit on CP and post about Alex Smith in the game thread?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-22-2015, 09:40 AM
Did Ford not beat Okungs ass off the snap to a point where it led to a false start and help? Do you ****ing watch the games or just sit on CP and post about Alex Smith in the game thread?

I'M NOT ASKING ABOUT MC RIB, MOTHERFUCKER.

Answer the question.

mcaj22
08-22-2015, 09:44 AM

He's also going so fast he blows by the play and sometimes doesn't even see things. It looks like Ford has tunnel vision where he's just locked in on the guy in front of him and the path towards the QB, he has zero awareness of anything else.

Dude is going to get owned by delay handoffs, screen passes, unless he fixes it. But Ford is certainly a talent there's no question.

staylor26
08-22-2015, 09:46 AM
I'M NOT ASKING ABOUT MC RIB, MOTHER****ER.

Answer the question.

You're a ****ing idiot that brings absolutely nothing to the table in terms of actual football conversation. Get a ****ing clue.

staylor26
08-22-2015, 09:48 AM
He's also going so fast he blows by the play and sometimes doesn't even see things. It looks like Ford has tunnel vision where he's just locked in on the guy in front of him and the path towards the QB, he has zero awareness of anything else.

Dude is going to get owned by delay handoffs, screen passes, unless he fixes it. But Ford is certainly a talent there's no question.

I agree, but I'm also not concerned bc that's something that will come with experience, which Ford just doesn't have yet.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-22-2015, 09:53 AM
You're a ****ing idiot that brings absolutely nothing to the table in terms of actual football conversation. Get a ****ing clue.

Thank you, Tardian.

Meatloaf
08-22-2015, 09:56 AM
Damn, I'm not a Ford lover, but he did show some flash last night. Hate that he got injured on the block, but he just didn't see it coming, so he didn't protect himself from the hit. But man, the kid really looks raw to me. Has a fantastic first step, and can clearly push the passer, but beyond that, well, he needs LOTS of reps.....and he now he won't be getting any for the next month? Ugh.

Reminds me of a play way back in the days of Dale Carter. Carter was lining up on the far outside for field goals and extra points. He was coming closer and closer to blocking one of those things. I forget which team we were playing, but on the next FG or extra point, they didn't chip Carter's rush, but rather PULLED A GUARD who absolutely destroyed Carter. He never saw it coming. Actually, that was a pretty cheap play, but from that point on, Carter was heads up on further such rushes.

mcaj22
08-22-2015, 10:03 AM
I agree, but I'm also not concerned bc that's something that will come with experience, which Ford just doesn't have yet.

well he better be durable because the only way to gain that experience is to learn the hard way like last night.

MotherfuckerJones
08-22-2015, 10:04 AM
Russell has that spin move. He does it a lot. Ford is making progress.

Marcellus
08-22-2015, 12:49 PM
Ford was absolutely killing it last night creating pressure. You don't necessarily have to sack the QB for it to be a successful defensive play.

Rausch
08-22-2015, 12:56 PM
I love our 1st round draft picks.

LOVE THEM!

FloridaMan88
08-22-2015, 01:00 PM
it will be at least one month

Seriously?

Didn't Tony Romo play the week after suffering a similar injury to his rib?

Rausch
08-22-2015, 01:01 PM
Our future OLB gut busted up by a 2nd string HB on a chip block.

HE'S A BEAST!

Rausch
08-22-2015, 01:02 PM
Seriously?

Didn't Tony Romo play the week after suffering a similar injury to his rib?

4-6.

Yes...

DaneMcCloud
08-22-2015, 01:11 PM
Ford showing off his massive talent and speed last night.

It's too bad about the rib fracture but he'll be fine in no time.

I hope he gets a ton of experience this season because if he does, he'll be awesome in 2016.

OctoberFart
08-22-2015, 01:14 PM
He should have stuck to the run away from the RB trick he showed last year.

Rausch
08-22-2015, 01:16 PM
he'll be awesome in 2016.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/internally-screaming-gif.gif

DaneMcCloud
08-22-2015, 01:19 PM

Again, IF he gets experience this year.

It's clear that he's got the speed and motor to consistently pressure the QB. But like Hali, he'll need time to learn the position, which can't happen if he's on the sideline.

If he can get significant snaps this season, he'll be much better prepared to take over the role in 2016.

Marcellus
08-22-2015, 01:25 PM

It's clear that he's got the speed and motor to consistently pressure the QB. But like Hali, he'll need time to learn the position, which can't happen if he's on the sideline.

If he can get significant snaps this season, he'll be much better prepared to take over the role in 2016.

Its almost like people forget there was time certain CPers were screaming their guts out to cut Hali.

I believe a large collection of posters were 100% certain he would be a complete disaster in a 3-4 defense.

notorious
08-22-2015, 01:28 PM
Anyone that doesn't like what Ford has shown so far is an idiot.

MotherfuckerJones
08-22-2015, 01:36 PM
Anyone that doesn't like what Ford has shown so far isn't watching.

FYP

Meatloaf
08-22-2015, 01:37 PM
Anyone that doesn't like what Ford has shown so far is an idiot.

Welp, this idiot wasn't too impressed with Ford's play in the first game; but he definitely played better yesterday. To me, verdict is still out on Ford.....but then again, I'm apparently an idiot.

Rausch
08-22-2015, 01:41 PM

When healthy I think Ford could be a top 5 pass rusher.

I honestly believe that.

I also believe he's dog-$#it against the run and he's a walking bruise...

notorious
08-22-2015, 01:53 PM
Welp, this idiot wasn't too impressed with Ford's play in the first game; but he definitely played better yesterday. To me, verdict is still out on Ford.....but then again, I'm apparently an idiot.

It's okay, I am an idiot, too, just not with Ford. :D

Iowanian
08-22-2015, 02:00 PM
I think it depends which rib is broken and the severity.

I have broken several ribs at different times. As a junior is HS I was able to tape up and wrestle. As a senior I broke ribs on both sides including a bottom floater rib...it was terrible. Couldn't breath deep, didn't want to be touched. I have broken ribs off of my backbone and while terribly uncomfortable could function well.

My guess is 3 weeks he will feel up to working out and could play with shots and or protective equipment.

In the mean time, hope he doesn't have to cough and no one tells him any good jokes for a couple of weeks.

aturnis
08-22-2015, 02:01 PM
Ford showing off his massive talent and speed last night.

It's too bad about the rib fracture but he'll be fine in no time.

I hope he gets a ton of experience this season because if he does, he'll be awesome in 2016.

I agree with this. In his limited snaps last season, and this preseason, he's shown that the pass rush won't be a problem.

My main concern with him is playing the run. Still needs work, but I think he'll get better with time.

DaneMcCloud
08-22-2015, 02:01 PM
When healthy I think Ford could be a top 5 pass rusher.

I honestly believe that.

I also believe he's dog-$#it against the run and he's a walking bruise...
Hali struggled (and sometimes, still does) against the run when he made the switch from 4-3 end to 3-4 linebacker.

Other than this rib, I don't recall Fisher being injured?

DaneMcCloud
08-22-2015, 02:02 PM
I agree with this. In his limited snaps last season, and this preseason, he's shown that the pass rush won't be a problem.

My main concern with him is playing the run. Still needs work, but I think he'll get better with time.

Exactly. He just needs more reps and experience, which will help him with play recognition.

He's got all the talent in the world.

Iowanian
08-22-2015, 02:03 PM
Week 1 he looked like a turd...last night was much much better for ford.

Meatloaf
08-22-2015, 02:05 PM
It's okay, I am an idiot, too, just not with Ford. :D

Time will tell if Ford's an impact player or not. I hope he is, but a part of me just doesn't see it. For a LB he really seems raw. But, the guy does have an explosive first step. It'll be interesting to see how he develops.

Anyway, sure hope you're right about this guy, notorious.

notorious
08-22-2015, 02:07 PM
Time will tell if Ford's an impact player or not. I hope he is, but a part of me just doesn't see it. For a LB he really seems raw. But, the guy does have an explosive first step. It'll be interesting to see how he develops.

LMAO

Thanks, but when it comes down to it none of us really have a clue how things are going to turn out!

DaneMcCloud
08-22-2015, 02:16 PM

Of course he's raw. He was a 4-3 defensive end in college and unlike Hali in 2009, he wasn't thrust into a 3-4 OLB position and forced to learn on the job.

The Chiefs were 4-12 that season, so it didn't matter if it took Hali 16 games to become comfortable with the position. But the Chiefs are expected to win more games with that and barring an injury to Hali, Ford's learning curve will be slower, not faster.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2015, 02:19 PM
First round pass rushers generally don't need learning curves. Most of them hit the ground running and are either at least moderately successful as rookies, or bust out.

It's been two years now for Ford and he hasn't done jack. My patience is wearing thin.

DaneMcCloud
08-22-2015, 02:26 PM
First round pass rushers generally don't need learning curves. Most of them hit the ground running and are either at least moderately successful as rookies, or bust out.

Right...

It's been two years now for Ford and he hasn't done jack. My patience is wearing thin.

Two years? How has it been two years?

LMAO

notorious
08-22-2015, 02:27 PM
Evidently LB years are similar to dog years.

LoneWolf
08-22-2015, 02:29 PM

What a shocker that your patience is wearing thin. You have the patience of a petulant child.

It's only been 1 year with Ford, and when he played towards the end of last season, he showed good improvement from his embarrassing play from earlier in the year. He showed extremely quickness yesterday and the ability to be disruptive as a pass rusher. He showed this ability against a good LT. Nobody should be anything but encouraged by his performance at the end of last year and in yesterday's preseason game.

DaneMcCloud
Evidently LB years are similar to dog years.

More dumbassery by our resident troll.

Also, where's the knock on Dion Jordan and Barkevious Mingo, two pass rushers taken in 2013 much higher than Ford?

Hammock Parties
Right...

It's true. It's not remotely like QB or WR or CB.

LMAO

This is the start of his second year. He ain't showing jack. And he's hurt again for who knows how long?

Not feeling great about him.

SAUTO
08-22-2015, 02:32 PM
Right...

LMAO

ROFL, it's been two years if you don't know how to count.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2015, 02:33 PM
Also, where's the knock on Dion Jordan and Barkevious Mingo, two pass rushers taken in 2013 much higher than Ford?

Jordan is a bust.

Mingo at least had 5 sacks as a rookie. If Ford had done that I'd be far more lenient.

DaneMcCloud
08-22-2015, 02:34 PM

Then what do you have to say about Dion Jordan, taken #3 overall in 2013 or Barkevious Mingo, taken #6 overall?

How about Khalil Mack, taken #5 overall by the Raiders? He started 16 games and had four sacks.

Dee Ford didn't start a single game and barely played, yet had 1.5 sacks.

LMAO

Dumbass.

This is the start of his second year. He ain't showing jack. And he's hurt again for who knows how long?

That's because you're either trolling or you're fucking stupid.

Probably both.

SAUTO
08-22-2015, 02:34 PM
Jordan is a bust.

Mingo at least had 5 sacks as a rookie. If Ford had done that I'd be far more lenient.

ROFL who did Mingo play behind?

Hammock Parties
08-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Agree to disagree.

I'll be very surprised if Ford ever pans out.

Mr. Laz
08-22-2015, 02:35 PM
I wouldn't think a standard broken rib would take that long.

depends where and what type of break

after it heal up a little he can just play with a flak jacket

MotherfuckerJones
08-22-2015, 02:36 PM

This is his second year FFS! He was a rookie last season. He's progressing. He'll be alright.

MotherfuckerJones
08-22-2015, 02:39 PM

He's not showing anything? Wow you really don't know what the fuck you're watching. JFC Clay do you get dumber by the day?

LoneWolf
08-22-2015, 02:42 PM
Rookie years:

Mingo 634 snaps played on defense and 5 sacks. A sack every 126.8 plays.

Ford 122 snaps played on defense and 1.5 sacks. A sack every 81.3 plays.

Clay, your football opinion is much like your life, worthless.

MotherfuckerJones
08-22-2015, 02:43 PM
Then what do you have to say about Dion Jordan, taken #3 overall in 2013 or Barkevious Mingo, taken #6 overall?

How about Khalil Mack, taken #5 overall by the Raiders? He started 16 games and had four sacks.

Dee Ford didn't start a single game and barely played, yet had 1.5 sacks.

LMAO

Dumbass.

That's because you're either trolling or you're ****ing stupid.

Probably both.

You can't talk logically with the village troll.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2015, 02:44 PM
He's not showing anything? Wow you really don't know what the fuck you're watching. JFC Clay do you get dumber by the day?

Apparently blowing sack opportunities is progress to the homers around here.

Lowered expectations.

MotherfuckerJones
08-22-2015, 02:44 PM
Rookie years:

He's rooting for failure and it's clouding his mind. He's becoming a retard.

MotherfuckerJones
08-22-2015, 02:45 PM

Lowered expectations.

Lol ok buddy. You keep telling yourself that. Everyone on here is a "homer" but you. Gotcha.

DaneMcCloud
08-22-2015, 02:52 PM

Lowered expectations.

And this is why you need to be banned or MU'd.

It only took one game for you to start acting like a jackass again.

penbrook
08-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Ford will be ready week 1

Hammock Parties
08-22-2015, 02:56 PM

Difference of opinion = jackass

Sure thing, Dane.

Meanwhile you're hurling personal insults left and right the last two days.

LoneWolf
08-22-2015, 02:58 PM
Ford will be ready week 1

Yep.

O.city
08-22-2015, 02:58 PM
It's not difference of opinion, it's a lack of football understanding yet parading around as if it's just a difference of opinion.

MotherfuckerJones
08-22-2015, 02:59 PM

He missed the sack on Russell Wilson who is a very mobile QB. He has that spin move. Pass rushers miss sacks a lot from that. Romo does it too and it works. JFC clay. He really should just go away for a little while.

aturnis

1. Most aren't changing positions.

2. Houston had a learning period.

Hammock Parties
It's not difference of opinion, it's a lack of football understanding yet parading around as if it's just a difference of opinion.

Yeah man, that's it. Everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot. :rolleyes:

And you call me a troll.

DaneMcCloud
08-22-2015, 03:00 PM

Sure thing, Dane.

Difference of opinion?

LMAO

Personal? I don't know anything about you, personally, other than what you pretend to be in the forum.

Calling you out for dumbassery isn't "personal".

If you chose to be a dumbass, don't expect people to overlook it, especially in the manner in which you behave in this forum.

MotherfuckerJones
08-22-2015, 03:00 PM

Sure thing, Dane.

It's not a difference of opinion. You're just dumb and don't understand what you're watching and you continue to troll. Not good might I add.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2015, 03:01 PM
If you chose to be a dumbass, don't expect people to overlook it, especially in the manner in which you behave in the forum.

You are far worse. Especially last night in the game thread. Just pounding people left and right with name-calling.

DaneMcCloud

And you call me a troll.

Says the know-nothing know-it-all

jonzie04
He missed the sack on Russell Wilson who is a very mobile QB. He has that spin move. Pass rushers miss sacks a lot from that. Romo does it too and it works. JFC clay. He really should just go away for a little while.

What about the sack he missed last week when he just flat out bounced off the QB?

I think people are getting too worked up here. Ford has shown some flashes, but on the flip side he has looked god awful at times, and its easy to see either point of view. He did work the shit out of Okung last night though.

O.city
08-22-2015, 03:02 PM

And you call me a troll.

Said nothing of the such, but ok

Hammock Parties
08-22-2015, 03:02 PM
Says the know-nothing know-it-all

You just can't take anyone disagreeing with you on anything.

Mav
08-22-2015, 03:03 PM
Our future OLB gut busted up by a 2nd string HB on a chip block.

HE'S A BEAST!

Because place on the depth chart matters......

This is the type of shit that pisses me off.

Otter
08-22-2015, 03:06 PM
Does it look like Dee runs too upright to anyone else? He just looks like he's getting ready to jump a hurdle as opposed getting ready to give/take a hit.

DaneMcCloud
08-22-2015, 03:06 PM
You are far worse. Especially last night in the game thread. Just pounding people left and right with name-calling.

Nonsense.

The only two people I called out were Rudy the Troll and Pete.

The Franchise
08-22-2015, 03:08 PM
Paylor just said on Sirius XM that David Chow (former NFL physician) that Ford could be ready for week 1 if it's just a fracture.

Mav
08-22-2015, 03:08 PM

Example? Dee Ford was taken as a developmental eventual replacement for Hali. He's learning to stand up.

O.city
08-22-2015, 03:12 PM
Paylor just said on Sirius XM that David Chow (former NFL physician) that Ford could be ready for week 1 if it's just a fracture.

Ford tweeted that he's ok, or that's what a buddy said. True?

MotherfuckerJones
08-22-2015, 03:12 PM

Hopefully it's only a fracture and didn't do any further damage.

RunKC
08-22-2015, 03:25 PM

Still would sit him out a few weeks to be 100%. I'm not worried too much by this bc we have Tamba.

aturnis
08-22-2015, 03:27 PM

He's shown lots of promise. If you look at his production last season over very limited pass rush opportunities, he was actually pretty productive.

ARI

Just watched all of his snaps from the AZ ps game. He looked fine. Mostly run defense, which admittedly is an area in which he has a long way to go.

On passing plays, he dropped into coverage a few times, was only stonewalled a couple times, and put serious pressure on Thomas a few times. Only missing a sack to Thomas's strength.

Also drew a holding penalty in run D.

SEA

Looked good. Haven't gone back to reevaluate, so I'm not sure about his run defense, but I'd expect he could use some experience and the same aggression he brings to the pass rush.

Got pressure on Wilson multiple times. Barely missed a sack or two.

As for the injury, he took a serious cheap shot to the ribs.

No reason to worry about him at this point.

Rasputin
08-22-2015, 03:29 PM
bust?

Broke apart ~in mid air

aturnis
08-22-2015, 03:32 PM
Rookie years:

This doesn't even factor in how many of the plays were pass rushing opportunities or how often the player dropped into coverage.

aturnis
08-22-2015, 03:35 PM

Lowered expectations.

No, it's inexperience at the pro level.

Wonder how many got away from Mingo last year.

aturnis
08-22-2015, 03:37 PM

Russell Wilson makes EVERYONE miss. EVERYONE.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2015, 03:39 PM

Poe and Hali got him last year.

Ford has a long way to go.

aturnis
08-22-2015, 03:43 PM

Nobody said he makes everyone miss every time. Dumbass.

He's elusive. That's very well established.

DaneMcCloud
08-22-2015, 03:46 PM

You have a long way to go

Hammock Parties
08-22-2015, 03:46 PM
Nobody said he makes everyone miss every time. Dumbass.

He's elusive. That's very well established.

Was there a reason Ford didn't get a sack in the first preseason game, or...?

aturnis
08-22-2015, 03:50 PM
Was there a reason Ford didn't get a sack in the first preseason game, or...?

Sure. Thomas got away from him once, maybe twice. Big guy. Has the elusive potential of Roethlisberger.

Is there a reason Houston doesn't have a sack this preseason or...?

Hammock Parties
08-22-2015, 03:51 PM
Sure. Thomas got away from him once, maybe twice. Big guy. Has the elusive potential of Roethlisberger.

Is there a reason Houston doesn't have a sack this preseason or...?

Houston is an established pro. He doesn't enter into it.

When do you think Ford will get a sack this year? I expect first-round pass rushers to get sacks. Don't you?

aturnis
08-22-2015, 03:54 PM
Houston is an established pro. He doesn't enter into it.

When do you think Ford will get a sack this year? I expect first-round pass rushers to get sacks. Don't you?

By your metric, he does.

He got them last year, in the regular season. He's shown great ability to get to the passer this preseason.

Pass rush will not be a problem.

If you want to criticize him, do it where it makes sense in run defense.

scho63
08-22-2015, 04:34 PM

Russell Wilson has the same spin move as Romo but with 10x's more speed after the escape.

A good veteran knows his tendency and protects the outside. I admire his hustle after the miss.

I don't think he has a LONG way to go but certainly needs improvement but I think he will be good.

keg in kc
08-22-2015, 04:38 PM
Thought he looked pretty good before he got absolutely drilled. He looks like he's starting to move more naturally, like he has to think less about what he's doing. Which was the advantage Houston had over him coming out (Houston being a 3-4 OLB already in college).

beach tribe
08-22-2015, 04:51 PM
A certain percentage of players are inevitably going to get hurt.
This is a sigh of relief compared to what we have been through.

Titty Meat
08-22-2015, 04:53 PM
I don't know how you can label a guy that gets to the QB a bust. He's not Lawrence Taylor but he's not Vernon Gholston either. Hes shown in limited playing time last year he can get to the QB same with this pre season. Just because he didn't play a lot doesn't mean he's a bust.

beach tribe
08-22-2015, 04:53 PM
If he is ready to produce we will need him most later in the year when Hali wears down.
This is nothing in my eyes.

notorious
08-22-2015, 04:59 PM
If he is ready to produce we will need him most later in the year when Hali wears down.
This is nothing in my eyes.

I was hoping he would be around to keep Hali fresh throughout every game during the season, and for ending the game lining all of them up to rape the other team.

beach tribe
08-22-2015, 05:00 PM
I don't know how you can label a guy that gets to the QB a bust. He's not Lawrence Taylor but he's not Vernon Fholston either. Hes shown in limited playing time last year he can get to the QB same with this pre season. Just because he didn't play a lot doesn't mean he's a bust.

His first steps jumps off the screen and brings you're eyes straight to him.
That is uncoachable, and almost unstoppable when the lean is developed.
He's trying. He knows what he needs to do.
It takes reps to get the timing of the arm rip down. Then, shit, look out.

beach tribe
08-22-2015, 05:00 PM
I was hoping he would be around to keep Hali fresh throughout every game during the season, and for ending the game lining all of them up to rape the other team.
Me too, but Sutton won't do it.
Hali will take himself out more later in the season.

notorious
08-22-2015, 05:01 PM

Ughhhhh.

You are right. Sutton refuses to sub in to keep guys fresh. :(

Tribal Warfare
08-22-2015, 05:32 PM
His first steps jumps off the screen and brings you're eyes straight to him.
That is uncoachable, and almost unstoppable when the lean is developed.
He's trying. He knows what he needs to do.
It takes reps to get the timing of the arm rip down. Then, shit, look out.

He isn't Derrick ( who was like a track star) but if/when he learns technique he'll be more in the Jared Allen/Dwight Freeney mold.

aturnis
08-22-2015, 05:56 PM

I think it depends on the game. If we get a lead, expect more pass rush and more Dee.

If we get behind and they try to run out the clock, gotta have Tamba in there for his run D.

Mr. Laz
08-22-2015, 06:16 PM
I'm surprised that Maclin didn't have a hip bruise or something after that hit he took.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-22-2015, 09:12 PM
Counts evaluations are pretty sad. Dee is a player.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2015, 09:39 PM
Counts evaluations are pretty sad. Dee is a player.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I bet he doesn't have 3 sacks this year.

Shit, is he even gonna make it back on the field?

Bob Dole
08-22-2015, 10:57 PM
By your metric, he does.

He got them last year, in the regular season. He's shown great ability to get to the passer this preseason.

Pass rush will not be a problem.

If you want to criticize him, do it where it makes sense in run defense.

Yeah, but in Clay's world, he should have 6 already.

And no starting QB ever throws an INT.

NJChiefsFan
08-22-2015, 11:16 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

I bet he doesn't have 3 sacks this year.

Shit, is he even gonna make it back on the field?

Ford has been showing up in the backfield a decent amount, and was last year as well considering his playing time. I certainly hope he can overcome his run and don't think mentality, gain some football IQ, and finish plays. If he keeps creating pressure, the impact should soon follow. As they say in hockey, it's when the scoring chances disappear that you worry, not when the scoring does.

I still believe he becomes a good player, it just may not be in the speed you expect out of a first rounder learning from 2 great OLB's.

penbrook
08-22-2015, 11:24 PM
Ford will be ready week 1 guarantee it

Mav
08-22-2015, 11:27 PM
No, it's inexperience at the pro level.

Wonder how many got away from Mingo last year.

TONS. Mingo is so poor as a pass rusher that they now use him strictly in pass coverage.

Mav
08-22-2015, 11:29 PM
He isn't Derrick ( who was like a track star) but if/when he learns technique he'll be more in the Jared Allen/Dwight Freeney mold.

Really poor comparison.

He's built more like Von Miller.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-23-2015, 07:28 AM
I don't expect much from Ford while Hali and Houston are getting all the snaps.

Mav
08-23-2015, 07:34 AM
I don't expect much from Ford while Hali and Houston are getting all the snaps.

I wondered how long it was going to take for someone to point this out.

"Dee ford sucks! ". "Bust" "scrub"

It's not like Hali is anywhere near a scrub.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-23-2015, 07:35 AM
I wondered how long it was going to take for someone to point this out.

"Dee ford sucks! ". "Bust" "scrub"

It's not like Hali is anywhere near a scrub.

Experience kind of matters.

RunKC
08-24-2015, 03:17 PM
Ford got a positive run blocking grade (0.8), drew a holding call from a TE on a run play, drew another penalty from a false start and recorded 2 hurries, 1 was only not a sack BC Wilson is an elite scrambler.

He looked very good

MotherfuckerJones
08-24-2015, 03:23 PM
Ford practiced today

@adamteicher: Dee Ford indeed was practicing. Again he took Tamba Hali's snaps in full team drills

DJ's left nut
08-24-2015, 03:29 PM
It's not a difference of opinion. You're just dumb and don't understand what you're watching and you continue to troll. Not good might I add.

He actually got less tolerable when he allowed his PFF subscription to lapse.

At least PFF would give him some direction and he could work around it to build his narrative. Now he's just spews inane nonsense with no basis in reality whatsoever.

MotherfuckerJones
08-24-2015, 03:42 PM
He actually got less tolerable when he allowed his PFF subscription to lapse.

At least PFF would give him some direction and he could work around it to build his narrative. Now he's just spews inane nonsense with no basis in reality whatsoever.

My favorite so far is how he shit on Sean Smith and he's become our best corner and was top 5 last season.

DJ's left nut
08-24-2015, 03:48 PM
My favorite so far is how he shit on Sean Smith and he's become our best corner and was top 5 last season.

See, and without PFF he'd have just shit on Sean Smith anyway but he'd have done it without fancy charts to selectively utilize when they fit his pre-conceived narratives.

The problem was that other people got PFF as well and started pointing out just how badly the guy was manipulating data. When he could no longer rile up the masses by omitting and/or massaging relevant information, he just decided to let his account expire.

staylor26
08-24-2015, 03:51 PM
Ford got a positive run blocking grade (0.8), drew a holding call from a TE on a run play, drew another penalty from a false start and recorded 2 hurries, 1 was only not a sack BC Wilson is an elite scrambler.

He looked very good

But some idiots on here were calling him a bust and a pussy ROFL

DJ's left nut
08-24-2015, 04:09 PM
But some idiots on here were calling him a bust and a pussy ROFL

I think I asked Laz in the other thread, but I'd really like to have a conversation on the guy's run defense.

People say it's lacking; some say it can't be an asset. I'm curious what they're seeing here. I think I'm probably among the bigger Ford backers on the board so I'll concede that I may be biased.

But apart from one admittedly awful looking play against the Niners last year (which was mostly just a mis-diagnosed attempt at coverage), what is it that people see from Ford that says he can't be at least an average to slightly above average run support OLB? The guy definitely has a motor on him. He's not a small player at 250 lbs. His hands are actually pretty quick so he should be able to keep a lot of O-lineman from engaging him and win a few hand fights.

Sure, as with any player he'll need to refine his instincts, but apart from that, why are we putting the ceiling on his ability as a run defender at 'below average'?

And I've made this point a handful of times with nary a response in return, but can anybody tell me what distinguishes Dee Ford from a pre-draft Dante Fowler as a prospect? Measurables slightly favor Ford; production is largely a wash coming out of the same conference (with Ford getting a slight edge in strength of competition).

There's so damn much to like about this guy. If draft guides would have been calling him a top 10 pick and he slid to the Chiefs at 23, people would have seen it as a 'BPA pick' and lauded Dorsey for his willingness to go after the best available talent. But because Mel Kiper and an endless array of shitheads that have been proven wrong more often than they've been vindicated didn't have the guy as a top pick, everyone is eager to call him a bust.

He's playing behind a guy that will merely go into the Chiefs Hall of Fame within a few years of retirement and another guy that's playing at a level that will get him in the NFL Hall of Fame if he keeps it up. I'd say it's okay to pro-rate his performance for lack of PT at this point.

The guy has flashed a shitload of ability and just absolutely handed an All-Pro offensive tackle his ass. I do not understand why people want to shit on him every chance they get.

penbrook
08-24-2015, 04:12 PM
Ford practiced today

@adamteicher: Dee Ford indeed was practicing. Again he took Tamba Hali's snaps in full team drills

Told you all he would be ready week 1 😊

-King-
08-24-2015, 04:13 PM
I think I asked Laz in the other thread, but I'd really like to have a conversation on the guy's run defense.

People say it's lacking; some say it can't be an asset. I'm curious what they're seeing here. I think I'm probably among the bigger Ford backers on the board so I'll concede that I may be biased.

But apart from one admittedly awful looking play against the Niners last year (which was mostly just a mis-diagnosed attempt at coverage), what is it that people see from Ford that says he can't be at least an average to slightly above average run support OLB? The guy definitely has a motor on him. He's not a small player at 250 lbs. His hands are actually pretty quick so he should be able to keep a lot of O-lineman from engaging him and win a few hand fights.

Sure, as with any player he'll need to refine his instincts, but apart from that, why are we putting the ceiling on his ability as a run defender at 'below average'?

And I've made this point a handful of times with nary a response in return, but can anybody tell me what distinguishes Dee Ford from a pre-draft Dante Fowler as a prospect? Measurables slightly favor Ford; production is largely a wash coming out of the same conference (with Ford getting a slight edge in strength of competition).

There's so damn much to like about this guy. If draft guides would have been calling him a top 10 pick and he slid to the Chiefs at 23, people would have seen it as a 'BPA pick' and lauded Dorsey for his willingness to go after the best available talent. But because Mel Kiper and an endless array of shitheads that have been proven wrong more often than they've been vindicated didn't have the guy as a top pick, everyone is eager to call him a bust.

He's playing behind a guy that will merely go into the Chiefs Hall of Fame within a few years of retirement and another guy that's playing at a level that will get him in the NFL Hall of Fame if he keeps it up. I'd say it's okay to pro-rate his performance for lack of PT at this point.

The guy has flashed a shitload of ability and just absolutely handed an All-Pro offensive tackle his ass. I do not understand why people want to shit on him every chance they get.

Yeah, but he couldn't wrap up Russell Wilson, so he must suck.

The Franchise
08-24-2015, 04:14 PM

Shut.

The.

Fuck.

Up.

staylor26
08-24-2015, 04:19 PM

I couldn't agree more. His run defense still needs improvement, but it's already significantly better and I see no reason he doesn't continue to improve. I wasn't very high on Fowler and felt he was overrated. Thought the Jags should have gone with Williams (BPA) or Beasley if they wanted a LEO. Both guys looked amazing this weekend.

I'm also a huge Ford fan and felt he was the best player on the field in the NC game against FSU after I went back and watched. That's saying a lot in a game that was LOADED with NFL talent. Winston must have nightmares about that guy.

penbrook
08-24-2015, 04:21 PM
Shut.

The.

Up.

Just because I'm right!!

-King-
08-24-2015, 04:22 PM
Just because I'm right!!

No one cares. People are right and wrong on this board everyday. Stop sucking your own dick because you read a few tweets and inferred something from them.

Mr. Laz
08-24-2015, 04:26 PM
I think I asked Laz in the other thread, but I'd really like to have a conversation on the guy's run defense..

don't think it was me

DJ's left nut
08-24-2015, 04:47 PM
It was not. It was Rausch.

But like I said, I'm open to being convinced otherwise. We all have our blind spots and Ford's run defense may be among mine (along with possibly mis-placed confidence in the overall ability of a comfortable Alex Smith as well as our O-line's ability to create the aforementioned comfortable Smith). I'm just curious why folks don't think there's any way he can be a solid run defender.

MotherfuckerJones
08-24-2015, 04:49 PM
I'm on the Ford bandwagon. He's improving and it's shown in these games.

FlaChief58
08-24-2015, 05:24 PM
According to kcchiefs.com Ford did practice today

RunKC
08-26-2015, 01:47 PM
@Jacobs71: Dee Ford had a bruise. It was not a broken rib like it originally looked like.

Looks like he's fine. Appears to be a bone bruise.

Rain Man
08-26-2015, 02:07 PM
That would make sense. It didn't seem like he got hit in the rib.

Honestly, that hit worries me. It was a hard hit, but not something that should take a linebacker out of the game. I like Ford's pass rush speed, but I hope he's not a big softie.

-King-
08-26-2015, 02:24 PM

Honestly, that hit worries me. It was a hard hit, but not something that should take a linebacker out of the game. I like Ford's pass rush speed, but I hope he's not a big softie.

They aren't going to let him keep playing after a hit like that in a preseason game.

ThaVirus
08-26-2015, 02:26 PM

He looked very good

Ford practiced today

@Jacobs71: Dee Ford had a bruise. It was not a broken rib like it originally looked like.

Looks like he's fine. Appears to be a bone bruise.

Awesome. So fucking awesome.

DJ's left nut
08-26-2015, 02:35 PM

It was a pretty damn big hit.

He left himself really exposed. Most pass-rushers know better than to allow themselves to get stood upright like that. It's not like he got hit by a small guy - Christine Michael is 5'10'', 221 lbs and got to launch himself right into an exposed spot on Ford.

Most guys that take that hit are going to come out of it pretty poorly. The trick for Ford is to make sure he doesn't do that again. He's gotta play with better pad level or it won't be the last time someone makes a run at him like that.

ThaVirus
08-26-2015, 02:41 PM
It's strange that Houston is only listed as about 10 pounds heavier than Ford but appears so much more robust

staylor26
08-26-2015, 02:44 PM
It's strange that Houston is only listed as about 10 pounds heavier than Ford but appears so much more robust

While I agree, Ford looks significantly bigger this season.

Halfcan
08-26-2015, 02:51 PM

LMAO I think you need your own thread so we can keep track of all your positive prognostications.

DJ's left nut
08-26-2015, 02:52 PM

UNDERWEAR OLYMPICS TIME!!!!!

http://media.al.com/alphotos/photo/2014/02/14229902-standard.jpg

Ford ain't exactly frail. And that's coming out of the Senior Bowl; he's evidently about 6-8 lbs heavier since then.

His size is why I'm not really all that worried about his ability against the run. People seem to believe that he's built like Randy Gregory but that's just not the case. He's not really that far removed from Houston and I definitely don't think he's any smaller than Houston was in his second year. Those guys have pretty similar body types and there's no doubt in my mind that was part of what appealed to Dorsey when he made the pick.

ThaVirus
08-26-2015, 02:54 PM
This thread just took a turn for the gay

ThaVirus
08-26-2015, 02:55 PM
I'll tell you what I think it is: just my perception.

I think of Ford as a speed guy and Houston as a power guy. Not that Houston isn't speedy or Ford isn't strong, I think I just tend to view the two in relation to their play style.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-26-2015, 05:32 PM
Lil' Bruisey gonna' be 'aight.

ChiefRocka
08-26-2015, 07:40 PM
Ford reminds me of a young Lawrence Taylor, only lighter skin and less jheri curl.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEIMwMtCAAAGP2M.jpg:largehttp://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/red-zone/7zqmnc/picture407818/ALTERNATES/FREE_320/IMG_DEEFORD_SP_050914_DR_19_1_M728R120_L54136450.JPG

ThaVirus
08-26-2015, 08:12 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEIMwMtCAAAGP2M.jpg:large

What in ****'s name are those little chicken skin bumps? Every black guy I know has those somewhere. My dad has them on the back of his neck, me roommate has them on his cheek, LT had them on his neck.

It has something to do with razors.

mdchiefsfan
08-27-2015, 06:48 PM
Chiefs' Dee Ford did not break his rib, will play vs. Titans

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/8/27/9214245/chiefs-dee-ford-did-not-break-his-rib-will-play-vs-titans

Turns out, Dee Ford does not have a broken rib.

I was standing in the Chiefs press conference room after last week's game when Andy Reid said that Ford, who was hit with a nasty chip block from the Seahawks' Christine Michael, had possibly broken a rib.

Reid said Wednesday that more tests were done and Ford actually did not break his rib.

"He just had a bruise, it was just a bruise," Reid said, via quotes from the Chiefs. "Initially, it looked like that on the MRI, but it wasn't a break once they looked at it."

That's good news for Ford, although I'm sure a bruised rib is still painful. He will play on Friday against Tennessee though.

"Dee will work in a rotation in there," Reid said. "He'll be in there, so he's good."

The rotation will be with Tamba Hali who is expected to play. The Chiefs rested Tamba last week while giving more snaps to Ford, which went pretty well for him until the rib injury. Here's to another solid game from Ford.

mdchiefsfan
08-27-2015, 06:49 PM
Already posted apologies

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-27-2015, 06:56 PM
He worries me !

bsp4444
08-27-2015, 07:39 PM
He worries me !

Why, are you lining up under center?

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-27-2015, 07:53 PM
Why, are you lining up under center?

Welp, because that's where your mom is . :p

Mav
08-27-2015, 08:12 PM
What in ****'s name are those little chicken skin bumps? Every black guy I know has those somewhere. My dad has them on the back of his neck, me roommate has them on his cheek, LT had them on his neck.

It has something to do with razors.

They are razor bumps.....