PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs KC-HOU grades

Hammock Parties
09-14-2015, 06:39 PM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/09/14/kc-hou-grades-de-j-j-watt-continues-to-impress/

Kansas City Chiefs

– TE Travis Kelce (+1.6) showed just how dangerous he can be as a receiver (+2.6 receiving) after being hindered for much 2014. Catching all six balls thrown his way, Kelce was devastating in the short-to-intermediate area of the field, recording over half of his 106 yards after the catch. It’s also worth keeping in mind that he was often put in one-on-one situations with Texans DE J.J. Watt (9.3).

– It’s been about a year since we’ve seen ILB Derrick Johnson (+4.5) suit up for meaningful snaps, and this game should be a lesson to those who thought his torn Achilles last season would slow down the 32-year-old linebacker. Recording a team-high six defensive stops, Johnson was seemingly always around the ball, tallying a sack for good measure. Even when he wasn’t making waves on the stat sheet, Johnson was a terror, like on a screen pass late in the third quarter where he managed to lay out both Texans LG Jeff Adams (-1.4) and C Ben Jones (-1.0) in one move, allowing ILB Josh Mauga (-0.1) an easy stop on third down.

– It was a quiet day for C Mitch Morse (+3.4), both on and off the stat sheet; for an offensive lineman, that’s a positive note. The second round rookie surrendered nothing in the pass game, and was battled to a draw, at worst, in the run game for most of the contest. If Morse can keep up this level of play for the rest of the season, it will help ease the loss of C Rodney Hudson this past offseason.

Top performers:

OLB Justin Houston (+4.5)
ILB Derrick Johnson (+4.5)
C Mitch Morse (+3.4)
NT Jaye Howard (+1.7)
S Husain Abdullah (+1.7)

LoneWolf
09-14-2015, 06:45 PM
Cool! Grades given by dipshit nerds sitting at home in front of their computers on a website started by an Englishman who never played a down of football and who never witnessed a live football game before starting said website.

This insanity has got to stop.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-14-2015, 06:48 PM
Thanks Go chiefs for posting something positive !

Simply Red
09-14-2015, 07:02 PM
you seem nice.

Smed1065
09-14-2015, 07:08 PM
Top Performers:

DE J.J. Watt (+9.3)
ROLB Jadeveon Clowney (+1.2)
WR Nate Washington (+1.2)
RG Brandon Brooks (+1.1)
WR DeAndre Hopkins (+0.9)

MotherfuckerJones
09-14-2015, 07:33 PM
@ArrowheadPride: Alex on play action yesterday: 8 of 11 for 121 yards and 2 TDs (via @PFF)

New World Order
09-14-2015, 07:34 PM
So far so good for Alex. That was a legit d he faced on Sunday.

MotherfuckerJones
09-14-2015, 07:35 PM
So far so good for Alex. That was a legit d he faced on Sunday.

Excellent game plan. Would've thrown for well over 300 yards had we not gone vanilla the second half.

Deberg_1990
09-14-2015, 07:36 PM
Eric Fisher grade?

Pawnmower
09-14-2015, 07:43 PM
DJ is a damn stud

Hoover
09-14-2015, 07:45 PM
@ArrowheadPride: Alex on play action yesterday: 8 of 11 for 121 yards and 2 TDs (via @PFF)
This is excellent news. Especially considering that one we didn't really run worth a shit.

Strongside
09-14-2015, 07:46 PM
Cool! Grades given by dipshit nerds sitting at home in front of their computers on a website started by an Englishman who never played a down of football and who never witnessed a live football game before starting said website.

So the British version of Chiefsplanet then.

jonzie04
09-14-2015, 07:48 PM
Grubbs .6 overall 2.1 pass blocking, -1.7 run block... 0 sacks, 0 hits, 0 pressures from C to LT

Tardif .1 overall .6 pass blocking -.7 run block .2 penalty 0 sacks, 0 hits, 1 pressure from RG to LT

RobBlake
09-14-2015, 07:48 PM
Alex had a great game limiting Watt from being the x factor we all know he is.

Not many batted down balls.
Quick quick releases.

Chiefnj2
09-14-2015, 07:51 PM
Grubbs .6 overall 2.1 pass blocking, -1.7 run block... 0 sacks, 0 hits, 0 pressures from C to LT

Tardif .1 overall .6 pass blocking -.7 run block .2 penalty 0 sacks, 0 hits, 1 pressure from RG to LT

What was Jah's grade?

Chiefnj2
09-14-2015, 07:52 PM
Alex had a great game limiting Watt from being the x factor we all know he is.

Not many batted down balls.
Quick quick releases.

I thought the Texans had a bunch of batted balls.

l4z4rd
09-14-2015, 07:55 PM
I thought the Texans had a bunch of batted balls.

they batted like 3 balls in the 1st quarter. Don't think they had any after that.

jonzie04
09-14-2015, 07:57 PM
What was Jah's grade?

-2.9 overall -2.1 pass block -1.1 run block 1 sack 2 hurries.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2015, 07:57 PM

Coverage numbers for Peters? How many completions/yards?

Chiefnj2
09-14-2015, 08:00 PM
they batted like 3 balls in the 1st quarter. Don't think they had any after that.

Smith had a problem with batted balls last year. He needs to slide a bit more in the pocket to find lanes.

jonzie04
09-14-2015, 08:00 PM
Coverage numbers for Peters? How many completions/yards?

13 targets, 8 completions, 122 yards 2 tds 1 pick, 2 PD 100.0 QBR -.1 grade.

Chiefnj2
09-14-2015, 08:01 PM
-2.9 overall -2.1 pass block -1.1 run block 1 sack 2 hurries.

I expected much worse

Chiefnj2
09-14-2015, 08:02 PM

Seems like a good grade for all those yards and TDs.

MotherfuckerJones
09-14-2015, 08:09 PM
That's expected from peters in his debut against Hopkins. He still made plays. STFU clay.

Smed1065
09-14-2015, 08:10 PM
Ian Wharton ‏@NFLFilmStudy 2m2 minutes ago
Marcus Peters’ matchup breakdown for #CoverageProductivity. Elite score overall, high end #2 vs just Nuk #Chiefs
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CO6MpCKWcAAzSls.png

Hammock Parties
09-14-2015, 08:11 PM

Yikes. It's worse than I imagined.

Smed1065
09-14-2015, 08:13 PM

But not as bad a you was hoping.

:hmmm:

jonzie04
09-14-2015, 08:21 PM

Thats not that bad dude, In fact i'd say thats pretty damn good for a rookie primarily covering a legitimate top 10 WR.

For what its worth some other Corners this week

All pro Joe Haden 158 QBR

4x pro bowl Cromartie 158 QBR

Last Season Revis had 9 games where he had a 105 QBR or worse

Sherman had 6 games at 95 or worse.

Sean Smith had 6 games at 95 or worse.

It isn't easy covering a teams #1 receiver with the way the rules are written. Peters obviously has very good ball skills, and instincts. And we've (well I've) seen him run step for step with even a guy like Brandin Cooks in college. Once he tightens up his coverage a bit, he is going to be an elite CB. Relaaaxxx.

jonzie04
09-14-2015, 08:22 PM
I expected much worse

I did too.

hometeam
09-14-2015, 08:23 PM

You understand its just a tool right..

just like QBR..

just like recorded NFL stats..

just like metrics of any kind, including the beloved 'eye test'

more often than not it gives insight into situational football that are easy to overlook just looking at the stats, both good and bad.

So.. why do people get mad at PFF? I dont get it.

jonzie04
09-14-2015, 08:24 PM
Ian Wharton ‏@NFLFilmStudy 2m2 minutes ago
Marcus Peters’ matchup breakdown for #CoverageProductivity. Elite score overall, high end #2 vs just Nuk #Chiefs
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CO6MpCKWcAAzSls.png

Nice thats good stuff against Hopkins. I think a large chunk of the yards Peters gave up came off that short pass to Washington where he missed the tackle and Washington took it like 40 yards.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2015, 08:31 PM
Thats not that bad dude

Really? The best corners give up 500 or so yards in a YEAR.

Rookie or not, 122 yards against replacement-level quarterbacking is embarrassing.

jonzie04
09-14-2015, 08:36 PM

Rookie or not, 122 yards against replacement-level quarterbacking is embarrassing.

http://www.marijuanachick.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/passing-blunts-360x360.jpg

It will get better... Relax and enjoy the show.

ThaVirus
09-14-2015, 08:40 PM

Thats not that bad dude, In fact i'd say thats pretty damn good for a rookie primarily covering a legitimate top 10 WR.

For what its worth some other Corners this week

All pro Joe Haden 158 QBR

4x pro bowl Cromartie 158 QBR

Last Season Revis had 9 games where he had a 105 QBR or worse

Sherman had 6 games at 95 or worse.

Sean Smith had 6 games at 95 or worse.

It isn't easy covering a teams #1 receiver with the way the rules are written. Peters obviously has very good ball skills, and instincts. And we've (well I've) seen him run step for step with even a guy like Brandin Cooks in college. Once he tightens up his coverage a bit, he is going to be an elite CB. Relaaaxxx.

QBR caps at a perfect 100.

The numbers you're quoting are passer rating with a perfect rating at 158.3.

KCtotheSB
09-14-2015, 08:41 PM

http://i.imgur.com/DsXYn11.gif

Chiefnj2
09-14-2015, 08:43 PM

just like QBR..

more often than not it gives insight into situational football that are easy to overlook just looking at the stats, both good and bad.

Because sometimes their grading is bizarre. Rothlisberger having a much higher score than Brady Thursday night.

jonzie04
QBR caps at a perfect 100.

The numbers you're quoting are passer rating with a perfect rating at 158.3.

My fault, thanks for setting me straight.

Smed1065
Terez A. Paylor ‏@TerezPaylor 6m6 minutes ago
#Chiefs just released an injury report. Husain Abdullah (quad), DJ Alexander (hammy), Tamba Hali (neck) & Jeremy Maclin (back) were limited.

LoneWolf
09-15-2015, 12:16 AM

just like QBR..

It's a flawed tool and it is metrics are based solely on the opinion of the person watching the video.

For instance, they don't know what the offensive and defensive calls are. If a cornerback is instructed to play off coverage to keep everything in front of him and the receiver makes a catch for 8 yards on an out pattern, that would be scored as a negative play by PFF, but in actuality the cornerback is playing the defense the way he has been coached.

Any jackass with enough time on their hands can become an "employee" of PFF. Direckshun was all set up and ready to start watching film and giving his scores for them a couple of years ago before he backed out (and we all know that guys football knowledge is on par with Clay's).

Hammock Parties
09-15-2015, 12:38 AM
If a cornerback is instructed to play off coverage to keep everything in front of him and the receiver makes a catch for 8 yards on an out pattern, that would be scored as a negative play by PFF

Most likely it wouldn't be.

thabear04
09-15-2015, 12:38 AM
Terez A. Paylor ‏@TerezPaylor
#Chiefs also release TE Ross Travis from the practice squad and replace him with former Seattle LB Tyrell Adams

Quesadilla Joe
09-15-2015, 12:58 AM
For instance, they don't know what the offensive and defensive calls are. If a cornerback is instructed to play off coverage to keep everything in front of him and the receiver makes a catch for 8 yards on an out pattern, that would be scored as a negative play by PFF, but in actuality the cornerback is playing the defense the way he has been coached. You don't know exactly how they grade. If he made the tackle and stopped the player from getting a first down he might've even gotten a positive grade on the play or at worst a 0.0 grade. They know the difference between cover 2 and cover 3 and each play is graded by multiple people and then sent to an outside source who then double checks the grades. Their grades are pretty damn accurate, if a guy gets paid big money in the offseason, chances are that if you go check PFF's grades on that player he probably received a pretty high grade. Which means that PFF's grades are pretty well inline with the grades that NFL teams give out.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/how-we-grade/

Mav
09-15-2015, 01:10 AM
Confused. Some guy said that Hoyer was going to fist us and that Houston winning was a "lock". None of that was true and in fact his trolling is so bad he got banned from the game day thread.

Maybe he should stop posting.

LoneWolf
09-15-2015, 02:08 AM
You don't know exactly how they grade. If he made the tackle and stopped the player from getting a first down he might've even gotten a positive grade on the play or at worst a 0.0 grade. They know the difference between cover 2 and cover 3 and each play is graded by multiple people and then sent to an outside source who then double checks the grades. Their grades are pretty damn accurate, if a guy gets paid big money in the offseason, chances are that if you go check PFF's grades on that player he probably received a pretty high grade. Which means that PFF's grades are pretty well inline with the grades that NFL teams give out.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/how-we-grade/

Wow! They actually know the difference between cover 2 and cover 3. What a bunch of football geniuses. I mean it took my 8 year old nephew at least two practices before he could understand that concept.

You backing PFF is all I need to make me feel justified in my assessment that it is a shit website ran by people that no next to nothing about football.

Sean Smith-worst CB in the league according to PFF. :rolleyes:

P.S.--go fuck yourself you Donkey loving piece of shit.

Quesadilla Joe
09-15-2015, 02:35 AM
Sean Smith-worst CB in the league according to PFF. :rolleyes:

P.S.--go **** yourself you Donkey loving piece of shit.

Sean Smith was the 5th highest graded corner in the league last year according to PFF.

Dragonocho
09-15-2015, 07:07 AM
This. I enjoy the PFF information. Interpreting that information is up to the observer. If you find it useless then why troll the folks who enjoy it?

just like QBR..

LoneWolf
09-15-2015, 07:13 AM
Sean Smith was the 5th highest graded corner in the league last year according to PFF.

What was he the year before that?

Quesadilla Joe
09-15-2015, 07:21 AM
What was he the year before that?

Sean Smith's career rankings...

2014- 5
2013- 48
2012- 72
2011- 105
2010- 10
2009- 27

MIAdragon
09-15-2015, 07:29 AM
Excellent game plan. Would've thrown for well over 300 yards had we not gone vanilla the second half.

Fucking Reid.

Rausch
09-15-2015, 07:49 AM

Pass rush is a CB's best friend...

KCChiefsfan1234
09-15-2015, 08:13 AM
You all know that I'm a Gaines fan since I've known him for a while. I'm just curious how this would work for him since he played the most of any player (77 defense and 8 special team snaps) but not showing any game stats??? That tells me he did a good job of covering so he wasn't targeted. That has to count for something right? I thought he would have got a PBU for the one where they were saying it should have been an interference.

Rausch
09-15-2015, 08:35 AM
You all know that I'm a Gaines fan since I've known him for a while. I'm just curious how this would work for him since he played the most of any player (77 defense and 8 special team snaps) but not showing any game stats??? That tells me he did a good job of covering so he wasn't targeted. That has to count for something right? I thought he would have got a PBU for the one where they were saying it should have been an interference.

I could swear he gave up two big plays.

In all fairness I might have had a beverage or 12 and it could have been Phlem-ing...

wazu
09-15-2015, 08:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/DsXYn11.gif

Perfect.

patteeu
09-15-2015, 08:48 AM
It's a flawed tool and it is metrics are based solely on the opinion of the person watching the video.

For instance, they don't know what the offensive and defensive calls are. If a cornerback is instructed to play off coverage to keep everything in front of him and the receiver makes a catch for 8 yards on an out pattern, that would be scored as a negative play by PFF, but in actuality the cornerback is playing the defense the way he has been coached.

Any jackass with enough time on their hands can become an "employee" of PFF. Direckshun was all set up and ready to start watching film and giving his scores for them a couple of years ago before he backed out (and we all know that guys football knowledge is on par with Clay's).

Do you ever form an opinion about how well a player plays by watching him? Do you know what all the offensive and defensive calls are when you do?

KCChiefsfan1234
09-15-2015, 09:53 AM
I could swear he gave up two big plays.

In all fairness I might have had a beverage or 12 and it could have been Phlem-ing...

I remember one where he dove at the RBs legs and missed but nothing else. Does anyone know his grade?

LoneWolf
09-15-2015, 11:34 AM
Do you ever form an opinion about how well a player plays by watching him? Do you know what all the offensive and defensive calls are when you do?

Let me know when I start a website of my opinions on players and have hundreds of idiots posting my opinions as proof of players good/bad play.

patteeu
09-15-2015, 12:03 PM
Let me know when I start a website of my opinions on players and have hundreds of idiots posting my opinions as proof of players good/bad play.

I don't understand why that matters.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2015, 12:14 PM

BECAUSE THEY SAD BAD THINGS ABOUT CHIEFS PLAYERS

LoneWolf
09-15-2015, 01:56 PM
BECAUSE THEY SAD BAD THINGS ABOUT CHIEFS PLAYERS

This has nothing to do with their grades, positive or negative, of Chiefs players. The website is a sham and their grades are given by retarded nerds like yourself and Direckshun who have no experience playing or coaching football.

LoneWolf
09-15-2015, 01:57 PM

I've got a feeling there is a lot you don't understand on a daily basis.

patteeu
09-15-2015, 03:28 PM
I've got a feeling there is a lot you don't understand on a daily basis.

True. Enjoy your weird outrage.

beach tribe
09-15-2015, 03:43 PM
A huge chunk of my hopes hinged on DJ coming back strong. Feels good. Happy for him.

beach tribe
09-15-2015, 03:44 PM

You need a Snickers, dude.

Chiefnj2
09-16-2015, 10:48 AM
Can someone share the CB grades from week 1?

Quesadilla Joe
09-16-2015, 10:57 AM
Can someone share the CB grades from week 1?

Peters
-0.1 Overall
+0.1 Run Defense
-0.3 Pass Coverage
+0.1 Penalties

Phillip Gaines
-2.1 Overall
-0.9 Run Defense
-1.2 Pass Coverage
+0.1 Penalties

Jamell Flemming
-1.6 Overall
+0.1 Run Defense
-1.8 Pass Coverage
+0.1 Penalties

All of your safeties finished the game with a positive grade.

aturnis
09-16-2015, 10:59 AM
Top Performers:

DE J.J. Watt (+9.3)
ROLB Jadeveon Clowney (+1.2)
WR Nate Washington (+1.2)
RG Brandon Brooks (+1.1)
WR DeAndre Hopkins (+0.9)
Jah was so good tho...

Dave Lane
09-16-2015, 11:10 AM

How did Hoyer grade out? He was a embarrassment