Buy a Ford
Buy a Chevy
Etc Etc Etc

Rinse and Repeat:

Story is here:
http://deadspin.com/5449357/theres-not-much-football-in-your-football

seclark
09-15-2015, 10:09 AM
don't forget those pills that make your pecker hard.
sec

Renegade
09-15-2015, 10:11 AM
Where is the Fan Duel option?

Detoxing
09-15-2015, 10:12 AM
A little unfair since they only count the time from the ball being snapped to the whistle being blown as "football".

Prison Bitch
09-15-2015, 10:13 AM
There's an awfully simple solution to this.

I golfed Sunday. Course was empty. Got home, fired up the game. Banged it out in under an hour. Can't imagine suffering thru that entire mess of advertisements and missing out golfing on a great weather day.

MOhillbilly
09-15-2015, 10:22 AM
A little unfair since they only count the time from the ball being snapped to the whistle being blown as "football".

when my dad was in grad school at umkc in the sixties he timed the actual playing time of a football game on tv and claimed that the on field play was just under 11 minutes.

Tombstone RJ
09-15-2015, 10:27 AM
Why do the networks pay billions of dollars to carry NFL games? Answer: great commercial time exposure.

yes, it sucks.

Discuss Thrower
09-15-2015, 10:35 AM
PPV football might be preferable at this point.

Cutting to commercial should only happen for end of quarters and halves, timeouts called outside of the last six minutes in each half and every third change of possession after a score.

rabblerouser
09-15-2015, 11:55 AM
PPV football might be preferable at this point.

Cutting to commercial should only happen for end of quarters and halves, timeouts called outside of the last six minutes in each half and every third change of possession after a score.

If that were to be the case, they would have to change the CBA to allow players to actually, you know, practice in pads and hit each other etc., and for more than 12 min a week or whatever.

There's already a proliferation of serious injuries due to the lax nature of NFL training camps and practice guidelines...can't imagine speeding up the game play would help that situation...but what the fuck do I know?? I can't even fix my truck...

Rausch
09-15-2015, 11:58 AM
Out of the typical 2 hours and 54 minutes of the average NFL broadcast, a whole 11 minutes actually feature live game action.

This is an incredibly ignorant view of "NFL action."

Stewie
09-15-2015, 12:05 PM
I've had NFL Sunday Ticket on and off for a few years. It's amazing how often the games are in commercial breaks at the same time. It's obviously due to the incredible amount of advertising they have to cram into each game.

rabblerouser
09-15-2015, 12:14 PM
I've had NFL Sunday Ticket on and off for a few years. It's amazing how often the games are in commercial breaks at the same time. It's obviously due to the incredible amount of advertising they have to cram into each game.

I just flip between Chiefs and Red Zone.

Hydrae
09-15-2015, 12:17 PM

This seems to be true of all sports (soccer is NOT a sport! :) ). It is a joke at my house that whenever I change channels to check a score I am most likely going find an ad rather than finding the score I was looking for.

BigChiefTablet
09-15-2015, 12:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/B9aCHan.gif

bevischief
09-15-2015, 01:18 PM

This.

Hamwallet
09-15-2015, 01:29 PM
Get 3 TV's in your living room like I did. Chiefs, red zone, Royals/other game/nascar/golf. It works great. And college ball is insane.

InChiefsHell
09-15-2015, 01:37 PM
This is an incredibly ignorant view of "NFL action."

There's a lot of people who think of it that way though...it's amazing. Got into a huge argument with a couple of friends about it. I was really surprised they saw it that way.

Bob Dole
09-15-2015, 01:43 PM
If you're watching New England, you get at least 20 minutes of Tom Brady.

scho63
09-15-2015, 01:50 PM
At 11 minutes of action per game, on NFL Network they could replay 4 games an hour and still throw in commercials!

Bearcat
09-15-2015, 01:50 PM

RedZone has saved football for me, at least for now. The DVR helps, too, as I can watch a game in 60-90 minutes, but RedZone is awesome. Well, at least for early Sunday and when there's not only 2-3 afternoon games.

At least the Royals play Thursday night, too.

rabblerouser
09-15-2015, 02:35 PM
RedZone has saved football for me, at least for now. The DVR helps, too, as I can watch a game in 60-90 minutes, but RedZone is awesome. Well, at least for early Sunday and when there's not only 2-3 afternoon games.

At least the Royals play Thursday night, too.

Yup.

rabblerouser
09-15-2015, 02:36 PM
If you're watching New England, you get at least 20 minutes of Tom Brady.

In the pregame, at least..

mr. tegu
09-15-2015, 03:20 PM
The problem with football is that the commercials are much less predictable. You never know for certain when there will be a commercial after a punt or kickoff or change of possession in general. Because of this they seem very intrusive.

But in baseball, which has quite a few commercial breaks as well, there is a much more natural time and place for the commercials which is between innings. You know they are coming and they don't surprise you.

displacedinMN
09-15-2015, 05:52 PM
I correct papers during the games. I can get a lot done between plays and during commercial time.

It used to be after watching the game and hanging on every play, I still had 4 hours of work to do every weekend to get ready for the week. Just easier now and less stressful.

And since when was a game 2 hours and 54 minutes? More like 3:30-3:40.

hometeam
09-15-2015, 06:05 PM
old article. even older news. and even less fucks given.

Deberg_1990
09-15-2015, 06:22 PM
Yes. Old news. I remember hearing this about 25-30 years ago

Dayze
09-16-2015, 06:59 AM
I can no longer watch a live football game. I usually DVR it and either wath it later or start it about half way through. All because of commercials. It's awful.