PDA

View Full Version : Football JoPo- What Can The Browns Do For You

Marcellus
09-15-2015, 08:32 PM
http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/what-can-browns-do-for-you/

Great story by JoPo who is probably one of my favorite sports writers. Dude grew up in Cleveland, ended up covering Cincy and KC sports during his career. Poor bastard.

Anyway a great story on what its like to be a fan of one of the few teams more frustrating than the Chiefs, with a few Chiefs anecdotes thrown in.

Here is an excerpt -

Oh, man, this is going to end very badly.

Of course it would end badly. There was no other possibility. Josh Weeden or Colt Hoyer or Seneca Quinn or whoever made it to about the 3-yard line. Then Brady Frye decided to leap into the end zone. It was a gutsy move for Derek Manziel, only slightly mitigated by the fact that someone had already knocked the ball out of his hands.

Still, because of gravity, the play went on, and Spergon Couch Gradkowski McCown was in mid-air when someone from the New York Jets crashed into him, sending him into an awkward but visually pleasing helicopter spin. Itís not entirely clear if Trent Holcomb Detmer Shaw or whoever the heck is playing quarterback for the Browns got the concussion on the first hit, the second hit or when his head bounced off the turf after the fall. It is clear that the football, with the impeccable comedic timing of a Marx Brother, waited for him to hit the ground before landing on his head and then bouncing into the arms of a Jets player.

chiefzilla1501
09-15-2015, 08:40 PM
Anyone who watched the Browns jets game, and didn't just look at the score, would tell you the Browns should have crushed new York. Losing McCown and a string of the most ridiculous turnovers lost the game for them. The Browns under Farmer feel like almost the same exact team as the chiefs under Farmer. A mediocre team really held back by lousy qbs.

Red Dawg
09-15-2015, 08:55 PM
Effing Joe is damn funny. Couch gradcowski McCown Lol

Mav
09-15-2015, 08:58 PM
Ray Farmer has one crucial Flaw. He doesn't value play makers at all.

He has focused on building this all world oline but what is happening is the jets kept 8 guys in the box the entire game. They let Revis and Cromartie man up and dared the Browns to pass.

Why Not?
09-15-2015, 09:24 PM
Joe could write about dung beetles and it would be a great read. Say what you will about Whitlock but I wonder how long it will be before KC sees a newspaper duo like that again.

Bugeater
09-15-2015, 09:30 PM
It's amazing that a premenstrual discharge of a franchise like that has a fanbase at all.

Buehler445
09-15-2015, 09:35 PM
Maybe a quarterback change would help.

ZOMG ROFL

Seriously though, that resonates with me. Squirmin Herman drove me away from football. My entire life, the Chiefs had never been a joke. Until Squirmin Herman. Pioli showed up and burned the whole fucker down and pissed and shit on it's grave.

I'll admit it's hard for me to dive into Chiefs football whole hog. I had almost done it before the playoff game. FFS, the Colts couldn't stop the run and we had the best back in the league. And then Smith went all face rape on those motherfuckers and got a 4 fucking score lead on those goddamned Colts. 28 points in the third quarter. We were going to win a playoff game! Then Chiefs. JFC.

That laid a pretty heavy layer of stone on my soul.

Mav
09-15-2015, 09:49 PM
It's amazing that a premenstrual discharge of a franchise like that has a fanbase at all.

Ya.

RealSNR
09-15-2015, 10:25 PM
Joe could write about dung beetles and it would be a great read.

How about Joe Paterno?

Marcellus
09-16-2015, 06:25 AM
How about Joe Paterno?

He did and it is a good read. A sad one but a good one.

Three7s
09-16-2015, 06:51 AM
He forgot to mention Jason Campbell.

KC native
09-16-2015, 08:08 AM
LMAO @

I mention Tim Couch — he’s one of the most famous draft busts in NFL history. In a random Google search I just did, he showed up in different “NFL Draft Bust” lists and the the No. 2 overall bust, the No. 5 bust, the No. 20 bust and so on. So here’s something you probably did not know: Tim Couch has started more games than any other Browns quarterback in the new era. BY FAR. I keep a current list of Modern Browns starting quarterbacks in my computer — I can tell you at a glance that there have been 23 of them, alphabetically from Derek Anderson to Spergon Wynn. The Browns are one of two proud NFL franchises who have started BOTH McCown brothers (the Tampa Bay Bucs being the other). They are the only one, so far, to give a start to Connor Shaw.

Why Not?
09-16-2015, 09:09 AM
How about Joe Paterno?

Never read it. I'm sure it's well done but I'm not a huge fan of the subject matter.