PDA

View Full Version : Royals FOREVER ROYAL GEORGE BRETT: The Man, The Myth, The Legend

chief4life
04-25-2016, 08:15 AM
"George Brett was the standard by which other hitters were judged. In the simplest terms, George Brett was hitting royalty."
Enjoy this tribute video showing his greatest moments! Also If you like the video please comment rate and subscribe! :thumb:
Also if you want follow me on twitter! @bradleychenson

Zvi7cDtRenE

Red Dawg
04-25-2016, 08:46 AM
Great video of a leader that played with fire.

ChiTown
04-25-2016, 09:04 AM
You are amazing. Seriously, you have a tremendous gift for producing these videos. BRAVO!

Can I make one minor complaint? I would have liked to seen a video clip (maybe one doesn't easily exist on the net) from the day he got to .400 for the first time in 1980. He went 4-4 that day (Hot Sunday afternoon) and got a double in his last AB. That was one of the more electrifying moments I can ever remember as a patron in, then, Royals Stadium. In 1980, George probably could have murdered the Mayor in broad daylight in downtown KC and would have been acquitted ;)

Other than that, dude, you are awesome. Thanks for the hard work you put into these videos!

BlackHelicopters
04-25-2016, 09:06 AM
Two enthusiastic thumbs up

Dartgod
04-25-2016, 09:15 AM
You are amazing. Seriously, you have a tremendous gift for producing these videos. BRAVO!

Can I make one minor complaint? I would have liked to seen a video clip (maybe one doesn't easily exist on the net) from the day he got to .400 for the first time in 1980. He went 4-4 that day (Hot Sunday afternoon) and got a double in his last AB. That was one of the more electrifying moments I can ever remember as a patron in, then, Royals Stadium. In 1980, George probably could have murdered the Mayor in broad daylight in downtown KC and would have been acquitted ;)

Other than that, dude, you are awesome. Thanks for the hard work you put into these videos!

I was going to suggest that as well, but before I posted I did a quick Google search. I found the picture of him at second with his arms raised, but no scoreboard in the background. I could not find a picture or video anywhere of that day that has the scoreboard with his batting average in it.

ChiTown
04-25-2016, 09:20 AM
I was going to suggest that as well, but before I posted I did a quick Google search. I found the picture of him at second with his arms raised, but no scoreboard in the background. I could not find a picture or video anywhere of that day that has the scoreboard with his batting average in it.

Yep, you are correct. I assumed that I am just not very good accessing info on the net as others:)

That day was one of the best days I ever spent at Royals Stadium as a kid.

Again, great vid, chief4life!

gblowfish
04-25-2016, 09:28 AM
He Be GB....

Oh, and Billy Martin can roast in Hell

Halfcan
04-25-2016, 09:32 AM
Brett was the best hitter I have ever seen. Big hits in big moments. He was a Yankee killer-so much so they had to try the pine tar trick to win a game. Still a lame move and a huge black mark on Yankee history.

KChiefs1
04-25-2016, 10:37 AM

August 17, 1980
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160425/c9d33269c19c02531ca186893af9012e.jpg

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/6479266/v3824464

DaveNull
04-25-2016, 10:48 AM
Nice...i liked the extended pine tar incident footage.

okiedokieokoye
04-25-2016, 12:41 PM
That batting stance man...

threebag
04-25-2016, 02:21 PM
Great vid. Thanks

Delaney37
04-25-2016, 05:19 PM
Great video. Brings back a lot of memories of games I got to watch and listen on 580 am radio with my Dad. One that comes to mind, it was in George's twilight of his career and one of the last games I watched with my Dad before he passed away. They were playing in Fenway and were down 1 run. We had been listening to that douche McCarver rail on GB being too old and needing to retire all game long. GB was like 1 for 3 with a single I think when he came to bat with a man on second. McCarver is railing on GB again and BAM! GB hits a monster 400+ foot homer to dead center which turned out to be the game winner. McCarver was speechless and my Dad said "that's the best that a**hole has sounded all afternoon"...lol

Demonpenz
04-26-2016, 12:55 AM
Brett had some bad late years, but I think he went out at a good time. I wish there were other videos of his home runs. I have seen the same 20 500 times.

WilliamTheIrish
04-26-2016, 08:15 AM
Decent vid. It needs Fred Whites radio call on the 1980 Gossage HR.

chief4life
04-26-2016, 01:18 PM
So I wanted to thank everyone so far with sharing my ‪#‎Royals‬ George Brett video I put out yesterday. It is up to 7,460 views in one day! This thing could go viral! You guys rock is all I got to say! If you haven't seen the video or want to see it again scroll to the top of this page to watch it! :clap: :thumb:

eDave
04-26-2016, 05:04 PM
So I wanted to thank everyone so far with sharing my ‪#‎Royals‬ George Brett video I put out yesterday. It is up to 7,460 views in one day! This thing could go viral! You guys rock is all I got to say! If you haven't seen the video or want to see it again scroll to the top of this page to watch it! :clap: :thumb:

One of my FB friends just shared your video via SBNation.

TLO
04-26-2016, 05:59 PM
Need the video of him talking about shitting his pants in Vegas

chief4life
04-26-2016, 06:37 PM
One of my FB friends just shared your video via SBNation.

Yeah i just found out its on Royalsreview.com now :)

http://www.royalsreview.com/2016/4/25/11504566/george-brett-tribute-video

chief4life
04-27-2016, 06:51 AM
Brett had some bad late years, but I think he went out at a good time. I wish there were other videos of his home runs. I have seen the same 20 500 times.

I wish too same with Bo when u try and find old video it's hard not to see the same ones over and over because that is all that is out there. If I had old footage or if someone else does please share. I would love to see it.

Hoopsdoc
04-27-2016, 07:09 AM
Nice...i liked the extended pine tar incident footage.

Brett bursting out of the dugout after the incident is one of the most iconic scenes in baseball history, IMO.