PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Apple Watch

El Jefe
08-16-2016, 06:30 AM
Has anyone bought one? Did you go with the cheaper one? I never considered buying one because I am not an Apple fan boy, but my wife could use one legitimately at work (health care, cant really be checking her phone in patients rooms). I am getting her an IPhone 7 and an apple smart watch for her birthday. She has had her IPhone 5C for like 3 plus years, and its starting to act up a lot, so I figured I would get a smart watch to pair with the 7.

DaveNull
08-16-2016, 06:36 AM
I don't have one, but have heard that the Sport actually is performing better in the long term than the stainless steel.

YayMike
08-16-2016, 06:45 AM
I have the apple watch. my wife got it as a gift for me for Christmas. Only complaint is the battery life. other than that, I really enjoy it for the convenience of having all the notifications pop up instead of dragging my phone around the office.

In58men
08-16-2016, 07:18 AM
You should be saving you money.

bishop_74
08-16-2016, 07:30 AM
I have it. Not really worth the $$$. Unless you consider the getting text weather and stock prices on your wrist worth it. It really hasn't been fully integrated with the phone yet so it is slow and cumbersome to use 3rd party apps. No sleep tracking either which is a bummer. So far I have been underwhelmed.

Lex Luthor
08-16-2016, 07:34 AM
I have the Sport edition of the Apple Watch. I wasn't thrilled about the idea of charging it every night, but I already charge my iPhone and iPad every night, so adding one more device has turned out not to be a big deal at all.

I do like having the ability to read text messages (and even emails) without taking my phone out of my pocket.

I didn't like band that came with the watch because it was not easy at all to put on, and it just didn't feel as stable as a traditional watch band. I was always afraid the band would come loose and the watch would fall off my wrist.

The original band looks like this:

http://www.thefonestuff.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/dff0b03d28bc24e4256472b5ce57280e/1/5/151black.jpg

I replaced it with a band like this:

https://www.igeeksblog.com/wp-content/uploads/JETech-Apple-Watch-Band-42mm.jpg

As far as features and functions are concerned, the watch works fine.

El Jefe
08-16-2016, 10:02 AM
I have the apple watch. my wife got it as a gift for me for Christmas. Only complaint is the battery life. other than that, I really enjoy it for the convenience of having all the notifications pop up instead of dragging my phone around the office.

This is exactly the reason I would buy it for. I have no interest in the watch, but from a usability standpoint for her at work, it would be highly efficient.

El Jefe
08-16-2016, 10:03 AM
You should be saving you money.

That money has been pre-budgeted son, so we are all good.

DaFace
08-16-2016, 10:12 AM
With caveats that 1) I wasn't a watch person in the first place and 2) mine was a Moto 360 rather than an Apple watch...

I used mine for about a month, then gave it up. It was nice to be able to see notifications without having to pull my phone out of my pocket, but I quickly found that I was grabbing my phone out half of the time anyway since replying to an email or text on the watch wasn't a great experience. You could do voice commands of course, but I've never personally been one to talk to my phone much. I also wasn't much of a fan of having to take the watch off every night to charge it.

In general, I'd say if she's already a watch user, it's not going to hurt anything. Just don't expect it to completely take the place of pulling a phone out of a pocket to reply to a text.

El Jefe
08-16-2016, 10:33 AM
With caveats that 1) I wasn't a watch person in the first place and 2) mine was a Moto 360 rather than an Apple watch...

I used mine for about a month, then gave it up. It was nice to be able to see notifications without having to pull my phone out of my pocket, but I quickly found that I was grabbing my phone out half of the time anyway since replying to an email or text on the watch wasn't a great experience. You could do voice commands of course, but I've never personally been one to talk to my phone much. I also wasn't much of a fan of having to take the watch off every night to charge it.

In general, I'd say if she's already a watch user, it's not going to hurt anything. Just don't expect it to completely take the place of pulling a phone out of a pocket to reply to a text.

That makes me think about considering not doing it. She isn't a huge watch person, she wears one at work. I think the only benefit is she could know if a call or text she is getting is from someone important and needs quick attention. Is that worth $300 bucks, I am leaning towards no.

MTG#10
08-16-2016, 04:06 PM
Huawei watch >>>>>>> Apple watch. Works with iOS, has scratch resistant sapphire crystal and way more stylish. They have a women's version out now as well.

El Jefe
08-17-2016, 07:23 AM
Huawei watch >>>>>>> Apple watch. Works with iOS, has scratch resistant sapphire crystal and way more stylish. They have a women's version out now as well.

Interesting, thanks for this post. The Huawei watches look legit, I have never even heard of them.

BWillie
08-17-2016, 10:44 AM
When these things came out, I thought they looked soo cool. I wanted one so bad. Now after seeing my friends use them and what they do, I just don't think it's worth it to me.

El Jefe
08-17-2016, 11:01 AM
When these things came out, I thought they looked soo cool. I wanted one so bad. Now after seeing my friends use them and what they do, I just don't think it's worth it to me.

For me personally, I wouldn't paid $50 bucks for one, because I simply would not use it. I work on vehicles, so I do not wear a watch at work. On the weekends I don't wear watches at all either. So, it would not be practical at all for me.

Urc Burry
08-17-2016, 11:24 AM
Rumors are going around that they are close to releasing a second model. I would wait just a little bit

Buns
08-17-2016, 06:02 PM
Look into the Pebble smartwatch