PDA

View Full Version : Royals move to .500

B2chiefsfan
04-11-2002, 09:06 PM
Way to fight it out at the end of the game.

Anyone see how many times the Umpire got smacked by a Red Sox pitcher?????:eek: :D

B2chiefsfan
04-11-2002, 09:07 PM
The guy was cussing the whole night.

Frazod
04-11-2002, 09:29 PM
I caught some highlights. Glad to see them winning a bit.

BUT WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THOSE UNIFORMS? YUCK!

Leave that black crap for the Raiders. I DON'T like it.

:cuss:

keg in kc
04-11-2002, 09:40 PM
I like the unis and so does the wife.

Then again, maybe they're too manly for ya, Martha. Need a little lace, maybe some flowers?

:D

Anyway, was a great game tonight and I was about to post about it myself, since I predicted they'd never make .500 after that Saturday loss against Chicago. It's nice to see them win a couple of series in a row, and it's really great to see them able to recover from ass-kickings like they got from both the White and Red Sox. Really shows some moxy, and it was great seeing them come back down 5-4 in the 9th to win 8-5.

Tough six games coming up, though...

Let's hope they can split 'em and come back to the K at .500.

)Although, got to admit, I was really kinda hoping they'd tank early Tony Luser'd hit the bricks...)

I don't mind seein' 'em play tough and stickin' it to Damon, though... ;)

Frazod
04-11-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by keg in kc
I like the unis and so does the wife.

Then again, maybe they're too manly for ya, Martha. Need a little lace, maybe some flowers?

:D

:grr:

I'm thinking I may regret that thread.... :rolleyes:

redhed
04-11-2002, 10:04 PM
Wotta series!! Must be a Yank/Bosox thang...

B2chiefsfan
04-11-2002, 10:06 PM
The uniforms make them look like the Mets.

Phobia
04-11-2002, 10:24 PM
I'm thinking this may be the only .500 or better day of the year.

tk13
04-11-2002, 10:44 PM
Let's just stop the season now and quit while we're ahead...or even..or whatever.

It is nice to see some resiliency out of this team for once. That and the fact the bullpen actually put up some good numbers tonight is nice to see. 5 innings, 1 run, 2 hits, 5 K's for the bullpen tonight..way to go Royals.

Pitt Gorilla
04-11-2002, 11:06 PM
We may not touch the ball against Sabathia. Dude owns us (as do most lefties.)

duncan_idaho
04-11-2002, 11:18 PM
I felt sorry for the umpire... not only were the Red Sox pitchers extremely wild (I saw them miss locations by 3-4 feet... sad) but Varitek did a HORRIBLE job blocking the ball...

I thought he was supposed to be a defensive stud.

KILLER_CLOWN
04-12-2002, 12:58 AM
i gotta admit, i have no faith in this team. however they have shown me one thing they have lacked for 10 years...patience at the plate. seems like even when they dont score runs you look at the opposing pitcher in the 5th or 6th and he's approaching 100 pitches...oh well that will soon change when quinny(mr undisciplined) comes back from injury. enjoy it whilst it lasts!

if they r .500 at the allstar break...i'll poop my pants!

voyager
04-12-2002, 06:25 AM
I'm not a Royals fan, but it is good to see them compete this year. Hope they have a good year as long as the Chisox win the division. The Royals do have some good position players in Sweeney, Beltran, etc. Their pitchers need to come up big this year. Should be a competitive AL central this year.

shakesthecat
04-12-2002, 06:52 AM
Good job, Royals! Seems it's been a while since they've sniffed .500.

I like the new uni's too. Change in this case, is good, IMO

Let's hope Quinn get's back in the lineup soon.
Tucker ain't cuttin' the nut.

DeepSouth
04-12-2002, 08:09 AM
I see Durbin losing his place in the rotation and being replaced by Stein.

ChiTown
04-12-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by shakesthecat
Good job, Royals! Seems it's been a while since they've sniffed .500.

I like the new uni's too. Change in this case, is good, IMO

Let's hope Quinn get's back in the lineup soon.
Tucker ain't cuttin' the nut.

Apparently, the Royals, before last night, had owned the longest current streak of games below .500. I'll be estatic if we take 1 of 3 in Cleveland this weekend.

KCTitus
04-12-2002, 08:30 AM
These games mean nothing...come october, november, december whenever the hell they end baseball anymore, the royals will be licking the cellar as usual.

ChiTown
04-12-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by KCTitus
These games mean nothing...come october, november, december whenever the hell they end baseball anymore, the royals will be licking the cellar as usual.

That's true if your the Yanks, Braves, Diamondbacks, Giants, etc, but when you're a small market team, you take this as an opportunity to sell more tickets.

Oxford
04-12-2002, 09:25 AM
.500 is a major achievement for this bunch (they lost 97 last year). I don't see Stein in the rotation until Hernandez is back in full swing, too valuable in relief. Now, if Darrell May starts giving them 5-6 good innings/start, then I think you'll see Affeldt as a starter.

It seems like his confidence is pretty frail right now, I think he'll get another 2 starts before they pull the trigger.

ROYC75
04-12-2002, 09:49 AM
4 WINS AND 4 LOSES......... .500 ......... OMG !:eek:

Are we really talking Royals baseball here ?

Dreaming stops soon, reality will slap 'm soon enough ! :spank: :grr:

KCTitus
04-12-2002, 09:53 AM
Sell more tickets, yeah I guess...who can get excited about game 9 of 162? Is game 9 as important as game 150? or 57? or 83?

The games start to mean something by early september and there's still 2 months left of the season. By that time, the Royals will be with the other small market clubs.

MrBlond
04-12-2002, 10:49 AM
I think the worse thing that can happen to MLB, is for KC to finish .500.

Owners, players, agents, and most fans would love to see KC at .500. But 81 and 81 will not sniff the playoffs. .500 is not competitive. If it takes 50 million to win half your games, then KC will never make post-season again. They CANNOT muster the 75-100 million that it would take to make the playoffs and lose to the Yankees.

IMO, MLB needs to fold. Come back in 2 years with 100% revenue sharing. Gate receipts, TV and radio contract, merchendising, etc. A hard salary cap tied to those revenues. A world wide talent draft. Free agency after 6 seasons of either major or minor league service time. End arbitration. Expand the rosters to 26. expand the strike zone. push the fences back. raise the mound. end the DH. Blow up the domes. kill the turf. fire Tony Muser. trade Neifi for Jermaine. put general admission back where it belongs. get bigger buns for the collosol dogs. big enough for extra kraught.

Then I would be happy.

KCTitus
04-12-2002, 10:56 AM
Where did GA go? Is it no longer in R or L Field?

Dartgod
04-12-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by KCTitus
Where did GA go? Is it no longer in R or L Field?
Nope. Those are reserved seats now. no more GA.
The cheap seats are now the upper level nose-bleed seats. $5 a pop I belive. I can remember having to get to the stadium 2 hours before gametime to get a decent (1st couple of rows) $1.50 GA seat.

Pitt Gorilla
04-12-2002, 11:04 AM
GA was awesome. The girls sunbathed, the guys drank beer...Good times, good times.