PDA

View Full Version : Football Raiders just cut David Amerson

RunKC
02-05-2018, 10:54 PM
Per ESPN.

A bit of a surprising move. Most likely bc he is getting paid north of $6 million for the rest of his contract.
I hope Veach makes a play for a team friendly contract.

26 years old
6’1” 200+Lbs
4.35 40
6.75 3 cone

Would be a nice depth player IMO

Willie Lanier
02-05-2018, 11:08 PM
Per ESPN.

A bit of a surprising move. Most likely bc he is getting paid north of $6 million for the rest of his contract.

26 years old
6’1” 200+Lbs
4.35 40
6.75 3 cone

Size speed looks fairly enticing on the surface...

I honestly don't know much about the kid, but those numbers are hard to argue against...

I must admit though that I loved Gaines' size speed combination and that has me looking through very murky glasses.

The Franchise
02-05-2018, 11:12 PM
I think he’d want to much to be role player.

mcaj22
02-05-2018, 11:13 PM
depth player lol. He's not coming here to play basically 4th string

lawrenceRaider
02-06-2018, 07:18 AM
Amerson has had issues with concussions. I'm wondering if he'll even play again.

BlackHelicopters
02-06-2018, 07:25 AM
No, thank you.

In58men
02-06-2018, 07:27 AM
Dude is fucking garbage. My two BFFs are die hard Raider fans and they’ve been wanting him gone since week 4. Both texted me last night pretty much saying the exact same thing

“good way to start the offseason”

“I think the Raiders and Chiefs will have one of the best offseasons”

WilliamTheIrish
02-06-2018, 07:34 AM
Every game I saw him play (limited sample size...4 maybe). He got destroyed. Just killed. Like anybody on our team not named Peters.

So thst means he'd be perfect Sutton!

TambaBerry
02-06-2018, 07:42 AM
Every game I saw him play (limited sample size...4 maybe). He got destroyed. Just killed. Like anybody on our team not named Peters.

So thst means he'd be perfect Sutton!

He just isnt a number 1 corner, he isnt a bad player but he isnt good either

BleedingRed
02-06-2018, 07:44 AM
He just isnt a number 1 corner, he isnt a bad player but he isnt good either

He looks like FS to me

-King-
02-06-2018, 07:44 AM
All I know from raiders fans is that he gets burnt all game every game.
Posted via Mobile Device

threebag
02-06-2018, 08:50 AM
He just looked bad because he plays opposite Sean Smith

King_Chief_Fan
02-06-2018, 09:22 AM
Per ESPN.

26 years old
6’1” 200+Lbs
4.35 40
6.75 3 cone

Nope....not good enough

Pasta Little Brioni
02-06-2018, 09:36 AM
He s fucking terrible, dude

KCrockaholic
02-06-2018, 09:37 AM
He sucks. A lot of people overrate him for some reason.

CoMoChief
02-06-2018, 10:25 AM
I remember lot of people here wanted kc to draft him coming out of college.

Hes sucked in the league so far though.

ILChief
02-06-2018, 10:26 AM
Never heard of him

Easy 6
02-06-2018, 10:46 AM
Now that we have Fuller, this guy is an easy NO... draft another guy with one our 3rds and roll

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2018, 10:54 AM
Now that we have Fuller, this guy is an easy NO... draft another guy with one our 3rds and roll

Amerson and the entire Raiders defense has been under-coached and outside of the talented Khalil Mack, completely under-performed.

I wouldn't mind taking a one year Vet Min flyer on a 6'3 26 year old cornerback that has experience in the league.

He has to be better than Acker, Reason, Gaines and Mitchell, right?

Easy 6
02-06-2018, 10:59 AM
Amerson and the entire Raiders defense has been under-coached and outside of the talented Khalil Mack, completely under-performed.

I wouldn't mind taking a one year Vet Min flyer on a 6'3 26 year old cornerback that has experience in the league.

If Veach and Sutton see something in him, I certainly wouldnt argue against it for vet minimum

But like mcaj was saying, would he wanna come here to be the 3rd or 4th guy for relative peanuts? If so, then yeah lets get him... he does have some intriguing measurables

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2018, 11:01 AM
But like mcaj was saying, would he wanna come here to be the 3rd or 4th guy for relative peanuts?

I'm not sure he'll have much of a choice, whether it's the Chiefs or some other CB needy team, as his play has not lived up to expectations.

At 26, he has a year or so to "rehab" his image, which may be just what he needs.

Or not.

staylor26
02-06-2018, 11:04 AM
He could be a decent option to come in at RCB when we go to nickel and Fuller slides inside.

RunKC
02-06-2018, 11:26 AM
I'm not sure he'll have much of a choice, whether it's the Chiefs or some other CB needy team, as his play has not lived up to expectations.

At 26, he has a year or so to "rehab" his image, which may be just what he needs.

Or not.

Yup. Sean Smith didn’t exactly have a glowing resume when he left Miami.
This guy is a nice fit for what this staff looks for. Getting him cheap would be great for depth.

This guy had a bad year but it should be noted that he had a bad lingering foot injury that hurt him most of the season.

ModSocks
02-06-2018, 11:29 AM
He should come cheap on a 1 yr prove it deal. His measureables are impressive, but hasn't this guy been a disappointment up to this point?

As Dane said, everyone on that D has been a disappointment so maybe a change of coaching may help.

O.city
02-06-2018, 11:29 AM
Meh if you could get him on a decent deal I guess

I’d rather draft some corners

ModSocks
02-06-2018, 11:35 AM

So many holes and only so many picks.

O.city
02-06-2018, 11:46 AM
So many holes and only so many picks.

Yeah true.

I’m also of the opinion that you’re pretty much always gonna have holes and injuries.

Just put as many good players on the 53 as you can and let it shake out.

Imo they need to get younger and faster in the front 7 first and foremost though

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2018, 11:48 AM

ILB, D line (2) and safety are the priorities in the draft.

The Chiefs don't have 1st or 5th rounders this year and I expect Veach to draft a punter with one of the 6th round picks while using the others and a 7th to move up for guys they're targeting.

Plus, it's highly unlikely that they find a starting corner in the 4th round or later this year.

The Chiefs could do (and have done) a lot worse than a secondary with Peters, Fuller, Nelson, Parker and Berry as starters.

Depth is obviously a concern but without a 0 Tech on the roster, the lack of 5 Tech's and a WILL, Veach needs to get those guys via the draft before taking another CB with a high pick.

O.city
02-06-2018, 11:51 AM
ILB, D line (2) and safety are the priorities in the draft.

The Chiefs don't have 1st or 5th rounders this year and I expect Veach to draft a punter with one of the 6th round picks while using the others and a 7th to move up for guys they're targeting.

Plus, it's highly unlikely that they find a starting corner in the 4th round or later this year.

The Chiefs could do (and have done) a lot worse than a secondary with Peters, Fuller, Nelson, Parker and Berry as starters.

Depth is obviously a concern but without a 0 Tech on the roster, the lack of 5 Tech's and a WILL, Veach needs to get those guys via the draft before taking another CB with a high pick.

I’m not all for spending on a corner this offseason unless it’s Althea too guy on the market and even then, it seems excessiv.

All my free agent spending in the defense would go to the front 7.

I wouldn’t spend a lot of high picks on corners per say unless someone they love slips to them, but I don’t think they really need many more corners

Shoes
02-06-2018, 12:00 PM
David Amerson is a trash can- even though he can move pretty quickly for a trash can, he is still a trash can.

staylor26
02-06-2018, 12:13 PM
I’m all in on front 7 with our first 3 picks barring a stud safety, corner, or guard unexpectedly falling into our lap

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2018, 12:14 PM
I’m not all for spending on a corner this offseason unless it’s Althea too guy on the market and even then, it seems excessiv.

All my free agent spending in the defense would go to the front 7.

I wouldn’t spend a lot of high picks on corners per say unless someone they love slips to them, but I don’t think they really need many more corners

John Dorsey's best attribute, IMO, was his decision to sign talented players that had underperformed elsewhere, whether due to scheme or injury, to Vet Minimum Deals.

Many of those immediately filled out the roster in guys like Kurt Coleman, Hussain Abdullah, Tyvon Branch and Quinton Demps. His downfall, of course, was failing to adequately address those positions in the following draft, which led to a dearth of quality depth, which was the main reason why the Chiefs failed in 2017.

IMO, Veach should definitely seek out players like an Amerson and sign them to a 1 year deal while filling bigger holes in the 2018 draft.

RunKC
02-06-2018, 03:22 PM
Nagy is already bringing this guy in for a visit. LMAO

T-post Tom
02-06-2018, 05:15 PM
No thanks. There's supposed to be a good CB market this offseason.

Sassy Squatch
02-06-2018, 05:26 PM
Nagy is already bringing this guy in for a visit. LMAO
Other visits as well. With this much interest its doubtful he'll be coming here on a reasonable contract.

RunKC
02-16-2018, 07:15 PM
Per ESPN.

26 years old
6’1” 200+Lbs
4.35 40
6.75 3 cone

Well done, Veach

DaneMcCloud
02-16-2018, 07:25 PM

Well, he got a bit more than Vet Min but a $2.25 million dollar prove it deal allows Veach to focus elsewhere in the draft this year.

Peters, Fuller, Nelson and Amerson is a good group.

It’ll be interesting to see if they re-sign Mitchell or give up on him.

Easy 6
02-16-2018, 07:36 PM
No qualms saying my initial take was flawed, this is a solid roll of the dice

Veach is looking for his own Sean Smith, no complaints here...

KChiefs1
02-16-2018, 08:30 PM
Per ESPN.

26 years old

6’1” 200+Lbs

4.35 40

6.75 3 cone

I'm liking Veach.

Hoover
02-16-2018, 09:48 PM
I'm liking Veach.
Young and aggressive. Works his roster year round, not just at the beginning of free agency.

The Bad Guy
02-16-2018, 10:23 PM
Well, he got a bit more than Vet Min but a $2.25 million dollar prove it deal allows Veach to focus elsewhere in the draft this year.

I think you try to keep him as depth.

Acker, Gaines are all gone.

Love how aggressive Veach is. This defense is going to have young talent, depth and speed.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-17-2018, 08:02 AM
Dude is ****ing garbage. My two BFFs are die hard Raider fans and they’ve been wanting him gone since week 4. Both texted me last night pretty much saying the exact same thing

“good way to start the offseason”

“I think the Raiders and Chiefs will have one of the best offseasons”

Maybe you should find new friends . Try upgrading to people smarter than you. That's what I do from time to time but it's really difficult at my level.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-17-2018, 08:06 AM

I hope they resign Mitchell. He had a LOT of good moments. He's quality depth and ascending. 4 int's this year, dropped 2 more that I remember and was picked on a lot thanks to Peters.

KranzDictum
02-17-2018, 04:18 PM

I heard the deal could go up to close to the $6mill mark seems like a lot for another trash guy even at $2mill.

Looks like they are trying to upgrade from Gaines and Mitchell.

Here is the link stating that it could be worth up to $6Mill
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916632/article/chiefs-sign-exraiders-cb-david-amerson-to-1year-deal

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports Amerson joins on a one-year deal worth up to $6 million, according to a source informed of the situation.

The Oakland Raiders released the fifth-year player earlier this month after three seasons. He played in and started six games for Oakland during the 2017 season, recording career lows in passes defensed (4) and tackles (14) while missing most of the year with a foot injury

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-17-2018, 05:23 PM
I heard the deal could go up to close to the $6mill mark seems like a lot for another trash guy even at $2mill.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916632/article/chiefs-sign-exraiders-cb-david-amerson-to-1year-deal

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports Amerson joins on a one-year deal worth up to $6 million, according to a source informed of the situation.

The Oakland Raiders released the fifth-year player earlier this month after three seasons. He played in and started six games for Oakland during the 2017 season, recording career lows in passes defensed (4) and tackles (14) while missing most of the year with a foot injury

Those are called incentives you dumb fuck!

TomBarndtsTwin
02-17-2018, 06:24 PM

Yes, but how attainable are those incentives to get to the sum of $6 mil.? That’s the question.

My guess: if dude plays a lot and balls out, he makes close to 6 mil. (which I’m sure everyone on here would be okay with). If he sucks, and he’s nothing more than injury fill in depth player or 4th stringer, they’re only paying him around 2 mil. for one year.

If that’s the case, who gives a shit? :shrug:

Hoover
02-17-2018, 06:40 PM
Every team needs roll players.

We paid Kenneth Acker $2,4 million over the past two years. I would sat Amerson is better and with more upside.I hope he earns those options, but it not, we can just move on. Never understand why people stress out over depth signings. Its not like we didn't already add Fuller to go with Peters.... Come on people!

MTG#10
02-17-2018, 06:55 PM
Maybe you should find new friends . Try upgrading to people smarter than you. That's what I do from time to time but it's really difficult at my level.

Try looking for people who resemble this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jU7BjCVIoPc/UUk6jw1FMjI/AAAAAAAAK8A/K6j771Ds0_8/s1600/Do-Bigfoot-inbreed.jpg

RunKC
03-01-2018, 04:17 PM
Yup. Sean Smith didn’t exactly have a glowing resume when he left Miami.
This guy is a nice fit for what this staff looks for. Getting him cheap would be great for depth.

This guy had a bad year but it should be noted that he had a bad lingering foot injury that hurt him most of the season.

^^^

Trying to do the same plan they used for Sean Smith

http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article202881609.html?__twitter_impression=true

SuperBowl4
03-02-2018, 08:51 AM
Not interested

staylor26
03-02-2018, 08:52 AM
Not interested

Lol we signed him weeks ago

loochy
03-02-2018, 08:56 AM
Its not like we didn't already add Fuller to go with Peters.... Come on people!

Yeah, that looks like it'll work out well, right?
Posted via Mobile Device

SuperBowl4
03-02-2018, 09:00 AM
Lol we signed him weeks agoStill not interested.

Shaid
03-02-2018, 10:36 AM
Still not interested.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NPOb3DlB7WA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>