PDA

View Full Version : Well, I see this place is trashed already!

KCWolfman
08-21-2000, 06:00 PM
What is wrong with a civil, somewhat clean discussion of the Chiefs or whatever topic you decide to discuss without resorting to language and tactics that are dis-tasteful?

Look, I am no prude, what I am talking about is CENSORSHIP, SELF CENSORSHIP. Having enough respect for others who might be reading the BB to refrain from language and tactics that might be offensive to others.

I have had some discussion with the BB creator and told him that I thought that it should be UN-censored and anything should go with the exception of lude, crude or abusive behaviour. I was in hopes that this BB could be self policeing and there would be no need for additional moderators. I guess my faith in other bb members was unjustified.

------------------
Those who would give up a little freedom for a little security deserve neither.

[This message has been edited by Kurt Surber (edited 08-21-2000).]

AustinChief
08-21-2000, 06:07 PM
Where are you referring to?

[This message has been edited by AustinChief (edited 08-21-2000).]

KCWolfman
08-21-2000, 06:12 PM
AC- The "What Happens When" topic. It just serves no purpose.

------------------
"Those who would give up a little freedom for a little security deserve neither."

Mosbonian
08-21-2000, 06:12 PM
Kurt - that was a quick statement. Let's give this board (<24 hours old) some time to get the moderators set. This BB should be a place to speak freely, but also a place for civil discourse. If it gets heated to the point of harsh words, lets be cogniscant of it and try our best to keep it limited. By no means will it be perfect, but I already like it 10-fold over the old system. My $.02
http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

ChiTown

AustinChief
08-21-2000, 06:14 PM
I simply saw that thread as people "testing" the waters and also bringing up a good point regarding photos. The solution is to add moderators and hope for some self-control. I think we are on the right track.

KCWolfman
08-21-2000, 06:15 PM
Chi-Agreed, however I was hoping that we could establish a standard QUICKLY that would discourage offenders. Offenders should be dealt with swiftly and consistantly. And without a trial! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
"Those who would give up a little freedom for a little security deserve neither."

AustinChief
08-21-2000, 06:15 PM
Actually Kurt that topic does serve a purpose. It was created to find out about this new BBS. It was created earlier and not too many were here. It really isn't something to start crying about.

------------------
~Duckaholic~
[i]Shoot 'em in the lips</I>

KCWolfman
08-21-2000, 06:19 PM
Cajun-It weren't you I was talking about. However, what could be the reason to even need to test the waters? Neither was I "crying" about anything, just expressing a concern. It would be very nice if we could keep this place free of some of the crap from the other bb.

AustinChief
08-21-2000, 06:23 PM
Kurt, peace. Understood. I agree. But don't get to wild when the moderators aren't there or don't catch something quick enough. Also, if profanity and or nudity offend you, be warned.... you can post pic's here. it's only a matter of time before it happens.

------------------
~Duckaholic~

BIG_DADDY
08-21-2000, 06:35 PM
Yea, Naked ******* and football. This is GREAT

[Note: This message has been edited by AustinChief]

58Forever
08-21-2000, 06:38 PM
Nice of you to join us Big-Momma.

AustinChief
08-21-2000, 06:41 PM
Big Momma? ROTFLMAO!

------------------
~Duckaholic~

KCWolfman
08-21-2000, 06:52 PM
Cajun-Neither naked pics or profanity offend me, BUT, all I am asking is; is this the place for it? I don't think so. Come shoot some greenheads with me this fall, I can assure you that you won't be disappointed!

------------------