PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else catch Owens in the Star at Texas Stadium?

AustinChief
09-24-2000, 09:38 PM
And then George Teague chasing him down and cranking him? That was the funniest thing Bob Dole has seen this season.

JOhn
09-24-2000, 09:39 PM
That was pretty funny. I can see how Teague felt though. I wouldn't want that SOB doing it on our Arrowhead. But it was pretty funny since I'm a cowgirl hater!

AustinChief
09-24-2000, 09:40 PM
Bob Dole,

It was about the only entertaining thing either team has done this season http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
Misplaced Chiefs Fan
Red and Gold on the Warpath
Nightwolf Graphics (http://www.nightwolfgraphics.com)

Mile High Mania
09-24-2000, 09:41 PM
that was pretty funny. but what i couldn't believe was that owens got a penalty on that. it just seemed a bit hypocritical that the refs let him get away with it once and let emmitt get away with it too. oh well it was still good enough for the laugh of the day

------------------
~Thats why they call me slim shady~

AustinChief
09-24-2000, 09:41 PM
Same here Phil, which was why it was so damned funny.

What added to it most was that you couldn't see Teague in the camera shot as Owens was running back there, but the announcer said "...and Teague is about to be ejected from this game..."

Warrior5
09-24-2000, 09:44 PM
I think the "boys" lost it, first Woodson, then Teague. What the hell did Woodson, kick the ball for, that led to his demise/.

Mile High Mania
09-24-2000, 09:44 PM
i missed it live. i had to catch the replay right after it happened so i missed that comment

------------------

Mile High Mania
09-24-2000, 09:47 PM
what did woodson do? i missed that too i guess

------------------

AustinChief
09-24-2000, 09:52 PM
Woodson was pissed that he got stepped on in the pile after the previous play and was throwing an idiotic tantrum.

[This message has been edited by Robert_Dole (edited 09-24-2000).]

Buzzbait
09-24-2000, 10:12 PM
I think Teague was right on in his actions. If one of our biggest rivals, say Oakland, pulled that crap I would expect Woods to do the same thing. Perhaps, I'm barbaric but I'm big on protecting ones turf and that hit was justified.

AZ

Chiefnj
09-24-2000, 10:20 PM
Woodson went berserk when some guy stomped on his package when he was on the ground. The guy went into orbit!

Didja catch Emmit Smith reclaim the Star and shout, "This is OUR house!"? Great football moment. But Bob Dole is right about Owens' return to the Star - it was too funny when the Cowboy steamrolled him.

Donkey Drew
09-24-2000, 10:22 PM
The Teague hit was justified and nice...

Woodson was just being a baby. He wouldn't have got ejected if he wouldn't have started screaming at the refs followed by chucking his helmet... Guys shouldn't be in professional football if they're going to pull crap like that...

------------------
Lightening Crashes... and i am there...

AustinChief
09-24-2000, 10:26 PM
Teague was justified, but it was still funnier than hell.

Heck, Bob Dole would have been trying to jump out of the stands himself if some jacka$$ did that at Arrowhead.

Cormac
09-25-2000, 12:23 AM
I give Owens credit for creativity...But I wish Teague had lullabyed him... How an unachieving WR playing for a previously winless team could act like he was the man is beyond me....

[This message has been edited by hawaiianboy (edited 09-25-2000).]

47mack
09-25-2000, 06:37 AM
I have a feeling that Terrell Owens may have started something that others will mimic later in the season. Hopefully, it only happens in Dallas.