PDA

View Full Version : No running, two wins, think Gunther is confused or learning?

Chief_Noraa
09-25-2000, 03:10 AM
After this game at Denver, I have to admit I am a little concerned about our running game, but we won the game and I think the KC staff has to be realizing that this team can win without focusing on the run to set up the pass. So I think this is a blessing in disguise for a number of reasons.

1. If the paultry display continues ...Maybe the almighty Carl and company will realize that RBBC is overrated and we may finally get a legitimate RB !!! (I am Ok with a few more games of pathetic running as long as we win and keep throwing)
2. Gunther may be forced to realize that it is not the run that is making the passing game good, but it is the passing game that is making the passing game good (It may even set up a few 5 yard+ runs http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif )
3. When all is said and done, the coaches may find that a balanced attack is far better than all pass or all run !!
4. This team seems to gain more and more confidence every game in the passing department, and ultimately we will have gained the ability to come back in more games. It is a lot easier to make up points when your team is a passing team, than when it is predominately a running team.

So I say let's look at the positives of not being able to run the ball. We are forced to throw the ball.... and we have the players to do it, finally !! Anyone want to add a few more points?

[This message has been edited by Oregon Chief Fan (edited 09-25-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Oregon Chief Fan (edited 09-25-2000).]

Chief_Noraa
09-25-2000, 05:21 PM
It seems like a lot of similar feelings after the game. Anyone else get the feeling like good things are going to be happening in KC over the next few years !!

WarPaint
09-25-2000, 05:47 PM
Well you've gotta think that Gun is going through a serious crisis of faith. Faith in the running game that is. For two years now, we've heard all the stuff from him about toughness and how you have to run the ball, blah, blah, blah. And now when his team was really floundering and people were calling for his head left and right, it has been the passing game that his bailed his butt out. I know he's as thrilled as anybody on the planet about the wins, but you just know that on some deep level, this is just got to be bothering the bejesus out of him.

------------------
Gary

rkucera
09-25-2000, 05:59 PM
We will be able to run if we keep throwing...Right now we can throw at will because everyone defends us to run every single play. As soon as they realize that our coaches are a legitimate threat to mix up the play calling on a regular basis it will get that 8th and 9th man out of the box. The RBBC sucks and is detrimental to the run game but the biggest problem to date is the above stated issue...You need balance to click on all cylinders, but in today's game it has become much more important to set up the running game with the pass not vice versa...Bare with these stooges a little longer cause I think they are on the verge of figuring it out.