PDA

View Full Version : What does it take to be an expert?

dnvrCHIEFSfn
08-22-2000, 05:57 PM
It never fails, every year "experts" make their preseason picks, and every year they are wrong. This may work as a motivator for the Chiefs this year.

JOhn
08-22-2000, 06:02 PM
I agree!
Every year the chiefs are given an 8-8 prediction, and every year we hurt peoples feelings. I think thats one of the reasons i love the chiefs so much! Watch out, cuz i think the chiefs are going to do it again!
GO CHIEFS!!
kcmax

htismaqe
08-22-2000, 06:05 PM
Woodrow,

I agree.

Actually, I think it is very difficult to be an 'expert' on 31 teams. Most of these guys not only try to be an expert on every team, but also on every sport ~ and it just doesn't work.

I've always thought a network should hire one 'expert' from each division in the NFL. Thaty way, the guy could spend time in each TC, get to know players and coaches (as well as local media), and have a fighting chance of giving some accurate insight into the team's chances.

They would at least be able to give us some real 'inside scoop" instead of talking about last month's local headlines.

Luz
what do you think and where do I aply?...

sd4chiefs
08-22-2000, 06:05 PM
We're not always predicted to do poorly. I recall Sreet & Smith's having us in the Superbowl in '98. For some reasons we fell a little short. I think it was all the thugs in the locker room.

------------------
AZChief

Remember Kansas City's hero, Joe Delaney #37.

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-22-2000, 06:09 PM
I don't recall Street & Smith's prediction of SB in 98 but I do remember SI's cover on GB & KC fighting it out in the SB....

dnvrCHIEFSfn
08-22-2000, 08:49 PM
Luz,
I think you have a good idea here. They could concentrate on the division and give meaningful insight. A lot of those guys either can't step out of their former conference let alone their former teams.

mlyonsd
08-22-2000, 09:07 PM
You have to be a reference at allexperts.com to be an expert..heheheh