PDA

View Full Version : What are the Grbashers gonna do now?

SPUTinKC
10-02-2000, 10:43 PM
3 straight come from behind victories.

2 straight 4th quarter comebacks.

No ints.

What a touch on that long ball, eh?

C'mon, give us your best shot!!<P>

milkman
10-02-2000, 10:46 PM
they will still be grbashers but grbackers in the back of there minds. ELVIS is looking good in the new O-!!!!!

------------------
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 3-2!!!! going into a BYE.

Buzzbait
10-02-2000, 10:47 PM
Grabac and beard are leading the AFC West in touchdowns! That 73 yard ball to Alexander was perfect. The TDs to Gonzo and Alexander were nice as well. I'm proud of that guy, lots of heart. Hats off to Jimmy Raye on a well balanced game!

AZ

milkman
10-02-2000, 10:49 PM
jimmy didnt do anything his headset was offfff. LOL.

------------------
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 3-2!!!! going into a BYE.

elvislivesinkc
10-02-2000, 10:49 PM
After tonight's performance, Elvis' rating should be real close to three figures. That long bomb from the endzone was just about the GREATEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN FROM THE CHIEFS. What stones!

At this point, anybody who doesn't like Grbac can KISS MY A$$.

Elvis, YOU DA MAN!

------------------
Frazod

Have I ever mentioned that I hate Denver?

milkman
10-02-2000, 10:52 PM
me and my sis have season tickets and i was a nice guy to let her go tonight?????? damn missed a great game but got to watch the game in my shorts and no line to the little boys room and no traffic.

Buzzbait
10-02-2000, 10:58 PM
Cash, you are a great bro! Hey, we're only a half game back of the Raida's for first place. I thought our pass D looked great! Man, I love a Monday night win!!!

AZ

G_Man
10-02-2000, 10:59 PM
Elvis played well tonight, & Raye called a good game. Hopefully these 2 can do it 11 more times.

BTW, the "calling out the Grbashers" thing every time EG doesn't singlehandedly lose a game is getting old...especially considering the Grbackers never can sack up and admit when their boy plays poorly. Get a new excuse for posting.

And some of you call ME negative...the Chiefs won a game 30 minutes ago and all you can think is "We'll show those mean old Grbashers!"

milkman
10-02-2000, 11:04 PM
thankyou AZCHIEF i know call me crazy but sometimes i like to watch the game on my big screen, so i can throw things and not hitt someone with a beer.

AustinChief
10-02-2000, 11:04 PM
As close as I can figure his rating (second half stats arent released yet) it is 95.97 Rating

YEAH TIM

Phobia
10-02-2000, 11:08 PM
Clint,

Give it a rest, nobody called you out this time, or do you think you are the only Grbasher left. ROTFLMAO at your sensitivity.

------------------
Jim Reynolds
Please no squiggles in my discussion zone!

broncosrule
10-02-2000, 11:11 PM
Clint,
It's just that it feels SOOO good when you've been a Grbacker since they signed him, good or bad, and he plays well. This is what I've waited for. I mean, so many times defending him to my friends, enemies, family, etc.. Now, I don't look so dumb in their eyes. Hey, it's just that those Gannondorks bugged the H E double hockey sticks out of me!!!

------------------
GO PITT!

milkman
10-02-2000, 11:12 PM
whats up PITT???? go MSSC ha ha ha ha.

G_Man
10-02-2000, 11:13 PM
I'm still waiting on some of the "compassionate" Grbackers to change their opinion of Raye. The guy has done a pretty good job in the 3 victories. IMO it's no coincidence that Raye started looking better the moment Gun loosened his grip on the offense and decided to "air it out", relatively speaking. IMO the way Raye has been able to COMPLETELY change KC's style of offense on the fly, and the ability of EG, TG, DA, SM, etc. to adapt so quickly is VERY impressive.

Just trying to be positive!

Duck Dog
10-02-2000, 11:13 PM
Clint,

I'm not the cut-n-paste guy, but I seem to remember you talking about people not being sooo sensitive...

...live with it! KC has a Pro Bowl caliber QB!

Luz
proud of recognizing his talent from day one

Phobia
10-02-2000, 11:14 PM
Nice post Clint,

You are right that J. Raye has done better, by the way I admitted that last week as well.

------------------
Jim Reynolds
Please no squiggles in my discussion zone!

G_Man
10-02-2000, 11:25 PM
I agree that EG, right now, is on his way to Hawaii, but surely you also agree that without a freakish talent at QB like Elway, Manning, etc., your QB isn't going far without a pretty good OC calling the plays.

AustinChief
10-02-2000, 11:28 PM
One thing I'm quite pleased with is I've had Elvis as my starting QB all season in Sandbox FF league, where with his 17 point game tonight, he is still the 2nd highest rated QB in the league, only behind Kurt Warner, (and not that far behind either).

(Course, let's see if Tim Couch can do anything for me next week against Arizona. (sigh)).

------------------
Misplaced Chiefs Fan
Red and Gold on the Warpath
Nightwolf Graphics (http://www.nightwolfgraphics.com)

Duck Dog
10-02-2000, 11:29 PM
Clint,

I need to watch the tape.

The first half I was cussing Raye (especially the first 20 minutes).

The play calling in the 4th, however, was outstanding!

Luz
i'll keep an open mind!...

G_Man
10-02-2000, 11:35 PM
The whole team was playing like they were stoned in the first half...the no-call on the obvious pass interference, a holding call, and then a sack on consecutive plays killed one sure-fire scoring drive that would've netted at least 3 pts.

My game balls go to Hicks, DA, Hall, EG, and Anders...for proving that he's ready for one more chance.

ck_IN
10-03-2000, 01:27 AM
Clint,

I am an all time Raye Hater. Over the last several games have had a serious change of heart. He actually throws on first and second down! He actually has thrown on running downs (first and ten from your own five) what a call. He actually is running on passing downs. Mixing it up is working and I support Raye in that regard.

Still think our play calling single handedly cost us the Titans game. We were playing not to lose. Maybe it was Gun holding back on the reigns. What ever caused the changes, like the keep the defense guessing style of our offense. Also like the going for the endzone from 25 yards and in, great killer instinct.

flowergirl
10-03-2000, 01:51 AM
That 70 yarder to Alexander opened up the floodgates. After that the run game was there. Now if we would only call plays like that on the road.

I was still disapointed in the defense tonight. How sad would it have been if Kitna was on target with that last pass...

AustinChief
10-03-2000, 05:27 AM
Speaking of credit Clint, Raye is not the man with the 95.3 QB Rating...... Why dont you give some credit where credit is due as well?

AustinChief
10-03-2000, 05:30 AM
BTW Clint, The WHOLE team did not play like they were stoned in the first half. Grbac had the MAXIMUM rating allowed by the NFL in the first half of 158.33. Again, give credit where credit is due.<BR>

Luzap
10-03-2000, 06:32 AM
For a hardcore look at the remaining ardent Bashers, Denise and Jeff, you gotta go look at the ol' board.

At this point, the excuse is Luck and 'EG shouldnt have thrown those passes' because 'he could have 3 INTs'.

At some point you have to realize that maybe this guy isnt as bad as you'd like him to be.

Clint: Yes, Raye has done very well since the loss in Tennesse. It's good to see them vary the calls and pass more.

Duck Dog
10-03-2000, 06:41 AM
There comes a time when we have to realize that some people have the ability to recognize NFL talent and some people don't.

I tend to spend most of my time on the BB where most people can!

Luz
we have a football team...

dtforever
10-03-2000, 07:23 AM
Some of you guys (Luzap, Bliss) need to be reminded that the Chiefs are 3-2. It is a bit premature to say that the Chiefs are a super bowl contender. I think Dan Fouts put it best when he said "the Chiefs will never be contenders without a playmaking running back".

The Chiefs got dominated for 2 1/2 quarters last night by a team with a crap QB. There is still a lot of work that needs to be done.
And why cant the Chiefs stay out of the nuetral zone?

On a positive note, I am happy to see all the young guys playing and contributing for the Chiefs. Its about time.

Duck Dog
10-03-2000, 07:27 AM
So Packfan...

Is Grbac a Pro Bowl caliber QB?

Does he have the potential to be?

I know what you're on record as saying. I'm wondering if you're big enough to admit you were wrong?

Luz
some people can recognize nfl talent...

SPUTinKC
10-03-2000, 07:36 AM
Hey pack,

They are 3-2, but look at it a little closer:

THEY ARE 3-0 IN THEIR DIVISION. I dont care if the faidahs are 3-1, their 1 loss is to a divisional rival, this definitely puts The Chiefs in a helluva position to take the division. In fact, I would have to say The Chiefs are in the drivers seat.

That was a very important game and they rose to the occasion. Did you happen to notice the LACK of desperation in the players, even down 10 pt.s? They had the confidence in themselves to know they could do it.

This is looking like a great season to be a Chiefs fan.

Chieffan
10-03-2000, 07:43 AM
This topic has been played out.
New topic please.

j molina
10-03-2000, 07:56 AM
Luzap, Anders could be the man...tonight proved to "ME", he can still run.GO CHIEFS!!!

j molina
10-03-2000, 08:00 AM
Sorry Luz, replyed to the wrong person, but still ANDERS is the go to man....

Todd..
Tucking the tail....

dnvrCHIEFSfn
10-03-2000, 08:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>Some of you guys (Luzap, Bliss) need to be reminded that the Chiefs are 3-2. It is a bit premature to say that the Chiefs are a super bowl contender<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny, I read this whole thread and I don't recall anyone saying this team was a Super Bowl contender.

------------------
[i]Movies don't create psychos. Movies just make psychos more creative.</I>

KCWolfman
10-03-2000, 09:17 AM
As an honest fan first, and a Grbasher second, I can say truthfully that Elvis has played some super ball the last three games. And with all the mistakes and poor coaching he's gonna have to keep doing that... My hat's off to him...<P>

AustinChief
10-03-2000, 03:50 PM
Dartgod - One problem with your interpretation..... You are correct, but You are dealing with facts.

DoktorSmith
10-03-2000, 03:59 PM
I dunno guys, considering the AFC this year, what teams in this conference do you think are THAT much better than us??? Jets? Colts? Bills? And no, not the Raiders. Go ahead and put that one back in the drawer. Sorry. I'm not saying it is inevitable, but we have a shot... as well as do the majority of the other teams unfortunately.

aaaaa
10-03-2000, 04:12 PM
Bishop,

IMO still too early to tell. But even to be thinking it is wwwwwaaaayyyy better than what I thought this season was going to be like. Personnally, I haven't even thought about the Chiefs and the SB.

I love these flashes of brillance by Grbac. He has the tools. Has Raye seen the light? We'll see.

DoktorSmith
10-03-2000, 04:16 PM
I feel the same way man. Ultimately, I would really like to be the first team to beat the Rams... but I also want to see a win against Oakland... and I also want the division title... screw the title, I want to go undefeated in the division...

Welcome to my little world fella's. What really sucks, is having to sit through 60 minutes of football where your team struggles for 45 minutes of it!!! Got a damn racing stripe in my underwear from being so freakin' stressed last night.... OOPS!... be right back... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/eek.gif

[This message has been edited by bishop_74 (edited 10-03-2000).]