PDA

View Full Version : Phils want Byrd back

Dr. Bombay
11-01-2002, 11:36 PM
ESPN.com reports. This is excellent news in my humble opinion. Don't get me wrong. I don't mind if the Royals re-sign Paulie, I just worry that Dullard is going to offer him waaaaayyyy too much dough.

Hopefully, with the Phillies and Braves getting in a bidding war, we won't have money tied up in an injury-prone junkballer who will never equal his numbers from last year. The most the Royals should offer is two years at $2 million per with a few incentives. Anything more is too much of a risk for a team like the Royals. Of course, if Dullard was a competent GM he would've traded Byrd before the deadline for something good, like another Neifi Perez.ROFL

Oh, and fire that dope Tony Pena too. Although now that BUCK SHOWALTER, my #1 choice for Royals manager for two years now, is no longer available, we don't have a lot of options. I wonder how that conversation went inside Dullards tiny little brain: "Hmmmm...a guy with no major league managing experience vs. a guy who has taken two different teams to the postseason, which we haven't sniffed for 17 years. Let's go with the rookie!" I have never in my life witnessed the breathtaking scope of incompetence that is Dullard Baird. He is so dense, light bends around him.

We're doomed. :(

spe725
11-02-2002, 08:35 AM
I agree, I don't want Baird to overpay for Byrd.... my only concern is that the Royals are going to need somebody to eat up innings. Especially with all the young arms on the back end of the rotation. To be honest, I think I'd rather tie up $3-4 mill in Byrd than I would Suppan. At least some of Byrd's innings are quality.:huh:

Dr. Bombay
11-02-2002, 09:02 PM
Yes, Byrd is far superior to Suppan. An innings-eater would be good, as long as we don't overpay for him. I remember Pena let Byrd throw 120+ pitches in back-to-back starts last year. I'd much rather that Pena have Byrd to abuse than to do that to one of our youngsters. I hope Pena's not another Muser when it comes to overworking our pitching staff. :grr:

Sure-Oz
11-10-2002, 07:52 PM
I'd tell Philly PHUCK off if I were Byrd, they gave up on him, I hope he re-signs too.