PDA

View Full Version : I'm having KansasCity.Com-type problems more and more often...what's going on?

G_Man
10-13-2000, 11:48 AM
PLEASE don't let this BB become as unreliable as the "old board". That was the single biggest reason I switched to Chiefsplanet!

KC Jones
10-13-2000, 11:50 AM
Clint, I'm having problems too. What kind of problems are you having?...

I have no problem acessing the BB or posting but my damm PC locks up everytime I try to click on a link within a reply....probably my PC....piece of **** that is is....

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

KCWolfman
10-13-2000, 11:51 AM
What do you mean? I haven't had any trouble getting on the BB, posting or reading threads...

G_Man
10-13-2000, 11:54 AM
More and more often I get the dreaded "Socket Error" message, and I'm unable to access this site at all, although I can access any other site almost instantly. My company has a direct connection to the net.

Duck Dog
10-13-2000, 11:57 AM
Clint, your problem is because we have a conspiracy against you.

Joe, your computer is busy looking up. When it gets bored staring at the ceiling, it will look back at you and you will be able to continue.

Luz
glad to help...

G_Man
10-13-2000, 11:59 AM
I figured it was a single, lone nutcase that was keeping me off the BB!

JOhn
10-13-2000, 11:59 AM
I'm not having a problem from any of the 6 computers at 3 different locations that I use on a regular basis. Not 1 problem. That's not to say your problems aren't related to this site though. Which browser are you using, Clint? Cleared all cache lately?

KC Jones
10-13-2000, 12:03 PM
luzap, smart *** ...besides my PC has stopped looking up, it won't even talk to me anymore...I think it's mad because I called it a worthless piece of ****.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

AustinChief
10-13-2000, 12:04 PM
Socket errors? Using Netscape I'll bet...

Hey Clint, if you can send me the scoop on your company's connection, ISP, etc. I can help you out.

admins@chiefsplanet.com

------------------
Parker
ChiefsPlanet Administrator
Jimmy Raye for President...anything to get him out of Kansas City
[i]More Moreau</I>

G_Man
10-13-2000, 12:04 PM
I'm using Netscape, and I just cleared my cache. It could be the server here at work...our system administrator (more like the nerd from the "Your Company's Computer Guy" skits from Saturday Night Live) isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Hopefully the problem is on my end.

Duck Dog
10-13-2000, 12:09 PM
Joe,

Try buying it roses.

Luz
flowers always work!...

KCWolfman
10-13-2000, 12:20 PM
Clint, try bribing your IT department...

G_Man
10-13-2000, 12:21 PM
I'd provide more technical info, but I'm not really supposed to be on here between 8-5 anyway, and I'd have to do some asking around.

Having a boss sucks!!

KC Jones
10-13-2000, 12:22 PM
Luz, roses for it's freaking grave.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

------------------
joe