PDA

View Full Version : A Question I will never live down :poll

cheeeefs
11-26-2002, 06:58 PM
I have a girl at work and there has been a running joke about her trying to get me to sell Mary Kay products the thing is, that I'm actually starting to consider it. I could use the extra money and think that my angle would really do well selling. I'm willing to stand up to the jokes as long as I'm making MOOONAAAY. I want to know what you all think about my proposed business venture... for you ladies would you buy Mary Kay from a male? I also think it would be a good opportunity to meet chicks, what do you think? *ducks*

ps, I'm serious

Rausch
11-26-2002, 07:02 PM
Soon he'll be telling us it's a "mauve" car....

:rolleyes:

The Pedestrian
11-26-2002, 07:02 PM
Mimi--- "Do you know who Mary Kay is? She's a 40 year old Polish guy from Baltimore."

Phobia
11-26-2002, 07:05 PM
Oh, you'll probably meet a lot of chicks, but you'll never drive one of them. I think you'd meet a lot of MILF's selling pogo sticks on the side of the road and your dignity would be intact as well.

cheeeefs
11-26-2002, 07:05 PM
no, its a pearlescent white.:D

cheeeefs
11-26-2002, 07:06 PM
dignity?

Bootlegged
11-26-2002, 07:12 PM
What are you talking about....I saw you out in the park peddaling that sh!t today! Luckily, I had a camera.....

Beware of this, ehem, guy...

NaptownChief
11-26-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by BRAD_CAUDLE
Soon he'll be telling us it's a "mauve" car....

:D

cheeeefs
11-26-2002, 07:15 PM
all these views and no votes? I know someone out there has to think it might be a good idea give me something to stand on...

NaptownChief
11-26-2002, 07:18 PM
You do know that this was the worst place in the world to ask this question don't you?

Any time you get in an argument with anyone, you are going to be pounded and peppered with cheap shots unmercifully. :D

Rausch
11-26-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by NaptownChief
You do know that this was the worst place in the world to ask this question don't you?

Any time you get in an argument with anyone, you are going to be pounded and peppered with cheap shots unmercifully. :D

Gay-ron-teed!

ROFL

NaptownChief
Originally posted by cheeeefs
all these views and no votes? I know someone out there has to think it might be a good idea give me something to stand on...

Hell we aren't even comfortable voting on such a thing let alone doing it...

cheeeefs
Originally posted by NaptownChief

I know, but I'm a big boy now, I can handle it. I'm rather confident in my sexuality I don't need you guys scratching my back telling me how big my testicles are. So go for it. its all in fun anyways.

B2chiefsfan
11-26-2002, 07:21 PM
Dude!!!

Sell Avon instead!!!!;)

cheeeefs
11-26-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by B2chiefsfan
Dude!!!

Sell Avon instead!!!!;)

Avon sucks, they don't make as much money. not even close, and their products are sub par. (so I've been told, don't get any ideas)

B2chiefsfan
11-26-2002, 07:24 PM

(so I've been told, don't get any ideas)

ROFL

NaptownChief
11-26-2002, 07:24 PM

I don't need you guys scratching my back telling me how big my testicles are.

But are those big balls powdered with a neutral color or more of a pink? :D

cheeeefs
11-26-2002, 07:26 PM
Its november, you have to go with earth tones in November! fool

B2chiefsfan
11-26-2002, 07:27 PM
You better delete this topic before you get smacked with some crazy SMILIE!!!!!!

:)

Bootlegged
THUPER! Hello Frisco!!!

:thailor:

Thell away thilly!

Phobia
If only Richard Simmons had an online community with whom to discuss his career aspirations.....

B2chiefsfan
11-26-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Lattimer
THUPER! Hello Frisco!!!

:thailor:

Thell away thilly!

I told you, cheeeeefs!!!

Welcome to the shark tank.

:D

cheeeefs
11-26-2002, 07:34 PM
Another reason that I would do it is because the girl is one or two people (signed up under her) away from getting a free car, which she really needs as the one she drives now isn't dependable at all. I only have to order $200 worth of stuff every 6 months and my family already said that they would buy at least that much through me, I don't actually have to sell anything. They set up a web site for you and people can put orders in through it, I just check the orders and be the liason pretty much. I just think its a good way to help a friend and make a small amount of money on the side. anyone on my side under these circumstances?

jettio
11-26-2002, 07:52 PM
The key to mackin' most successful as a Mary Kay playah is to perfectionate with the lipstick application technique.

If you learn how to deliver in a way they lips remember you can kick back high up in the Pyramid, and have your new bambi's passing out the make pretty goodies.

You askin' the inappropriate question from the jump.

booger
11-26-2002, 07:54 PM
This kinda reminds me of my Junior year in HS.

A friend of mine called me up one night and told me to come hang out because his parents were gone and his sister was back from college hosting a lingerie party. Something she did in school to earn extra money.

We thought this would be pretty cool. Sat around before it started and thought this kinda job would be cool. Think of all the chicks you could get. We thought some of his sisters hot friends would show up. Nope. Just a bunch of undesirable skanks.
Some a tad on the heavy side too.

Way to much cellulite. I never saw more hail damage that night than my entire life.

Needless to say we figured that would end up being a bad idea.

As to your situation. Most people would figure a guy selling that stuff is just a freak or queer. If any girls did talk to you they would probably want just that. Another friend to talk to. If they figured you as gay they would probably ask you to go shopping and get your opinion on fashion.

If your hard up for cash get a paperoute. Or pick up pop cans in your free time. Anything but this. If you decide to take this job that is OK if that's what you want.

But for the love of God don't tell anyone about it!

JMO :D
Good luck

cheeeefs
11-26-2002, 07:57 PM
that works too Jet, Mary Kay Pimp... MKP. get a 4% royalty on all the people up to 6 that I sign up, then it goes up to 9% if I get more than 6. then I don't even have to sell anything I just get paychecks, aside from all the jokes I don't see a downside to this. I mean I don't really wanna cruise around in a Mary K car, but my pride isn't going to get in the way, I could use the money to finish restoring my Vette, a project that has stagnated on me because I'm to broke too repaint it and do a few other things to it.

morphius
11-26-2002, 07:57 PM
Another reason that I would do it is because the girl is one or two people (signed up under her) away from getting a free car, which she really needs as the one she drives now isn't dependable at all. I only have to order $200 worth of stuff every 6 months and my family already said that they would buy at least that much through me, I don't actually have to sell anything. They set up a web site for you and people can put orders in through it, I just check the orders and be the liason pretty much. I just think its a good way to help a friend and make a small amount of money on the side. anyone on my side under these circumstances?

Oh, so your trying to get some, it all makes sense now.

suds79
11-26-2002, 07:59 PM
Okay I can speak as an expert on this situation.

I used to work banquets where we had ocassionally Mark K parties & let me tell ya it's not what you think.

When I 1st heard about them, I thought "cool, a bunch of hot/model types." WRONG.

Sorry buddy but unless you're into old, fat and looking to keep it however possible, then these arn't your girls. ;)

cheeeefs
11-26-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by suds79
Okay I can speak as an expert on this situation.

I used to work banquets where we had ocassionally Mark K parties & let me tell ya it's not what you think.

When I 1st heard about them, I thought "cool, a bunch of hot/model types." WRONG.

Sorry buddy but unless you're into old, fat and looking to keep it however possible, then these arn't your girls. ;)

I wouldn't have any parties or anything, just sell to family and make cash on side, don't even have to go out of my way to make money on this. the meet chicks part was pretty much a joke, I've seen most of the ones that buy Mary K... but then again I've also seen some of the hottest chicks I know buy Mary K too. I don't really need something like that to meet girls. not when I have earthen tone powdered balls. :D

Bootlegged
11-26-2002, 08:05 PM
Thtill thounds like a Thuper idea!

You go girl!

multi7
11-26-2002, 08:47 PM
What you do is totally up to you.

I actually can't believe that you would ask for an opinion on that one here.

I did hear that there are some other people out of work that may want to join you. This could be a new move in cosmetics! HEY CHICKS, LOOK AND SMELL LIKE YOUR GUY WANTS YOU TO!!!

cheeeefs
11-26-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by RTC
What you do is totally up to you.

I actually can't believe that you would ask for an opinion on that one here.

I did hear that there are some other people out of work that may want to join you. This could be a new move in cosmetics! HEY CHICKS, LOOK AND SMELL LIKE YOUR GUY WANTS YOU TO!!!

I don't think women want to walk around smelling like burnt gunpowder and beer. But it is an idea!

I just posted this for a laugh what you guys say really won't change my mind, I was just curious as to what the reaction would be and what I can expect at work. using you guys as a warm up for defensive strategy's :D

I still haven't gotten a response from a female. which was what I was more interested in.

KS Smitty
11-26-2002, 09:20 PM
I dunno cheeeefs, you don't see any men working at the Lancomme/Estee Lauder etc. counters at Dillards.

Although your set-up does sound like a win/win situation, men selling make-up makes me think of Dr. Frankenfurter or RuPaul.

RJ
11-26-2002, 09:21 PM
But if you would seriously like a job that gets you both some extra cash and the opportunity to meet women, consider tending bar. Can't beat it on both counts. The cash is obvious. As to the women, there's something to be said for being the only sober and sensible man in the bar on a weekend night. And from behind the bar you're non-threatening, as opposed to the drunks lurching about from female to female desparately hoping for someone to go home with.

Sometimes I miss that job. Growing up sucks.

DaWolf
11-26-2002, 09:22 PM
The only dude who needs to be selling Mary Kay products is Greg Robinson...

jettio
11-26-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by DaWolf
The only dude who needs to be selling Mary Kay products is Greg Robinson...

That gives me an idea for a sign at the game, you could get a pink lingerie from Victoria's Secret and put it on the sign and say "Santa is a Chiefs Fan, and he wants to give GR a pink slip for Christmas."

cheeeefs
11-26-2002, 09:34 PM
bartending would be good, thing is technically I can't have a second job with career development courses in progress, and the way there F******* me on those I won't be able to get a real second job for a year or so, and I can't do a lot of college either even though I've been sneaking classes in... this here my shop can't bitch about because I'm not obligated to spend any time doing it at all.

cheeeefs
11-26-2002, 09:38 PM
ROFL Phobia your a hoot. just noticed my avatar caption.

alanm
11-26-2002, 11:59 PM
What I want to know is who were the 9 guys who thought it was ok to sell Mary Kay?:eek: :D

ENDelt260
11-27-2002, 12:02 AM
i voted for yes mainly becuz I wanted to know that if I ever saw a guy cruising in a pink mary kay caddy, that I could chuckle to myself knowing I had some small part in making it happen.

Phobia
11-27-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by alanm
What I want to know is who were the 9 guys who thought it was ok to sell Mary Kay?:eek: :D

I dunno, but my money is on a certain regular hoping for a bargain on bubble bath salts.

or,....

maybe Tom Cash wanted to express his opinion strongly.

Rausch
11-27-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by pHoBiA

I dunno, but my money is on a certain regular hoping for a bargain on bubble bath salts.

or,....

maybe Tom Cash wanted to express his opinion strongly.

The teletubby might need a new handbag as well.....

Phobia
11-27-2002, 12:15 AM
Ok, this might be a little embarrassing for us all, but let's be honest with ourselves, mmm'k?

1. You are a practicing Buddhist, which is no big deal - a little bit strange for the cornfed midwesterners on this BB, but we'll work through it.....
2. You are a vegetarian. Ok, sirens are blaring. What kind of All American boy from the midwest denies himself God's gift in it's rarest form, "Filet Mignon"?
3. Air Force Flyboy - ok, it's not the Navy, but it definitely ain't the Marines, either. Don't ask, can't you tell?
4. 1000 posts within a month of joining the Planet. While all your AF buddies are out chasing tail of one variety or another, you're hanging out on this board..... Yeah, I have a lot of posts, but I take 2 minute breaks - obviously.
5. Mary Kay - uh, what else is left to be said?

cheeeefs
11-27-2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by pHoBiA
Ok, this might be a little embarrassing for us all, but let's be honest with ourselves, mmm'k?

1. You are a practicing Buddhist, which is no big deal - a little bit strange for the cornfed midwesterners on this BB, but we'll work through it.....
2. You are a vegetarian. Ok, sirens are blaring. What kind of All American boy from the midwest denies himself God's gift in it's rarest form, "Filet Mignon"?
3. Air Force Flyboy - ok, it's not the Navy, but it definitely ain't the Marines, either. Don't ask, can't you tell?
4. 1000 posts within a month of joining the Planet. While all your AF buddies are out chasing tail of one variety or another, you're hanging out on this board..... Yeah, I have a lot of posts, but I take 2 minute breaks - obviously.
5. Mary Kay - uh, what else is left to be said?

ok to parry

1. I am a practicing Bhuddist. I don't feel I need to defend this fact.

2. I am a vegetarian, it is linked with my faith and I also don't feel a need to defend this fact. I agree that Filet Mignon is damn good stuff, I love a big thick juicy bloody steak just as much or more then any red blooded american I've met. I've just realized the implications of my actions, where my faith is and refuse to purposely live a life of hypocricy.

3. Your right, the AF isn't the Navy or the Marines... Thank God.

4. Pot? ummm... yeah your black... yeah I have a pretty high ppd count, most of my posts come gameday when I sit at the comp and hit about 50-70 posts just during the game. I am on here quite a bit though, the tail I want isn't in my area to be chased. I know monogomy is probably foriegn to most people but its something that I hold high. I'll oggle just as much as joe nobody but there's only one girl in the world for me. Chasing isn't necassery.

5. Helping a good friend get a car, making money on the side. Its not like I'm going to be driving around the car or having femmie get togethers just putting my name to the transfer of products from a company to my mom, aunts, and other family members Via internet.

Phobia
11-27-2002, 12:41 AM
ok to parry

No need - my post was 100% TIC - I didn't mean for you to take it seriously and I'd certainly never question anybody's faith so bluntly. My apologies, I thought you had figured out my modus operandi by now. ;)

cheeeefs
11-27-2002, 12:48 AM
I didn't take it seriously. Just can't let something like that sit on a board without a defense, a lot of people don't know how to pronounce Modus Operandi much less sniff one out. and thems was fightin' words... I wanted to add a thrust to the parry so you would realize the jest but I'm burnin' the midnight candle and the little wit I have has taken a vacation with the sheets, but I have to stay awake for a flip shift tomorrow night.

edit: LOL bad typo, I meant DIDN'T take it seriously.

cheeeefs
10-30-2004, 02:28 AM
wow.. I'm bumping this so you can all laugh at me. I can't believe this was just two years ago. BTW I found it doing a count for rainmans post about football/ratio stuff. I laughed so much at this thread tonight though. and I gave up on counting for Rainmans thread.. too much work.

el borracho
10-30-2004, 02:43 AM
That idea sucks! Go work in a restaurant like everybody else.

KcMizzou
10-30-2004, 02:46 AM
I laughed so much at this thread tonight though. and I gave up on counting for Rainmans thread.. too much work. Yeah, I didn't even try. I just took an edjucated guess.

cheeeefs
10-30-2004, 02:46 AM
hah yeah, I done figured out the idea sucked. it was two years ago. I just can't believe how different I was such a short time ago. All of those things have changed :P. I mainly thought you all would get a good laugh out of reading this. I bet Phobia would at least. He's the only one who paid much attention to me, and that was just to give me shit... as you can see. :)

Frazod
10-30-2004, 02:48 AM
OMG you will regreat posting this.... :eek:

cheeeefs
10-30-2004, 02:50 AM
OMG you will regreat posting this.... :eek:

hah I didn't regret it two years ago, I don't regret it now :D I think it's hilarious... the only thing I'm truly truly not proud of us I actually used the term "hoot" and it seems it wasn't even jokingly.

Frazod
10-30-2004, 02:58 AM
hah I didn't regret it two years ago, I don't regret it now :D I think it's hilarious... the only thing I'm truly truly not proud of us I actually used the term "hoot" and it seems it wasn't even jokingly.

Like I notice shit like that at 4:00 in the morning.... :D

cheeeefs
10-30-2004, 03:02 AM
Like I notice shit like that at 4:00 in the morning.... :D

yeah, I guess it's bad timing to resurect a look at me two years ago funny haha post :banghead:

FloridaChief
10-30-2004, 03:18 AM
That idea sucks! Go work in a restaurant like everybody else.

Can you get the f*ckin' chips and salsa to the table on time?

Miles
10-30-2004, 03:22 AM
Can you get the f*ckin' chips and salsa to the table on time?

Nah that is rare. Very few places can do that...always an empty basket of chips or salsa no matter where you go.

Rausch
10-30-2004, 03:25 AM
yeah, I guess it's bad timing to resurect a look at me two years ago funny haha post :banghead:

Cntrygal
10-30-2004, 04:37 PM
I should know to check dates on things like this. LOL. I was going to tell ya that most of the women selling MaryKay annoy me and I'm sure if a guy tried to sell me makeup I'd laugh at him.

Katipan
10-30-2004, 04:45 PM
This is a no brainer, if you have the clientelle. (Sort of like drug dealing)

Mary Kay sells it's products to you at 50% less than you sell it to (young, non-fat by the way,) women like me. Easy money. The whole scary cult part is having to go to meetings and enlist other people to join. But thats the only way to get the car.

That being said. Unless you were gay, or had some make up related background. :P I don't think I'd take much make up advice from a dude.

Soooo I wonder if he sold.

Skip Towne
10-30-2004, 05:04 PM
I should know to check dates on things like this. LOL. I was going to tell ya that most of the women selling MaryKay annoy me and I'm sure if a guy tried to sell me makeup I'd laugh at him.
Yeah, either that or beat him up.

Bowser
10-30-2004, 05:10 PM
wow.. I'm bumping this so you can all laugh at me.

AHHHHHH-hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Quick! Somebody get this guy to a titty bar!!

Nightfyre
10-30-2004, 05:11 PM
Why the f*ck is this topic still around?

Cntrygal
10-30-2004, 05:13 PM
Yeah, either that or beat him up.

Ya know, I was really drunk when I posted that story.

go bowe
10-30-2004, 05:56 PM
Ya know, I was really drunk when I posted that story.*perk* story?

Hydrae
10-30-2004, 06:03 PM
I just want to know if cheeeefs followed through and sold anything. Did his friend ever get her car? C'mon, enquiring minds (bored on a Saturday) want to know!

Valiant
10-30-2004, 06:50 PM
I voted yes..just because you make fat cash... there is a guy, phil i think is his name that makes 60k a year only working thirty hours a week selling that shit... he doesnt sell to women though..they got guy products, he sells to the dudes and then has them buy tons of shit for the girls...

not a bad job..just dont take the option to drive the pink explorer...take the extra cash and use your own vehicle...