PDA

View Full Version : This is a joke right? He can't be serious...

KCWolfman
10-19-2000, 04:15 PM
This from ABCNews...
W A S H I N G T O N, Oct. 19 — In an interview with a weekly gay publication, President Clinton says homosexuals stood by his side during impeachment because they understood what it was like to be “publicly humiliated and abused.”
Asked by The Advocate magazine how he felt about the support he received during the scandal from gays, Clinton said it “came from the same wellspring of experience that prompted so many African-Americans to stick with me — they’ve been there.”
Expressing his lingering frustration with the investigation of his affair with a White House intern that nearly brought down his presidency, Clinton likens the vigilance of his opponents with those who have persecuted gays, blacks and other minorities.
“The people who’ve been targeted, who’ve been publicly humiliated and abused, I think identified with what was going on,” he said.
Love and Hate
Clinton told the magazine minorities saw the investigation and impeachment as he did, as “just a vehicle to find some last, desperate way to undermine the result of two elections.”

KCWolfman
10-19-2000, 04:15 PM
rest of article....
- - - - - - - -
“I think there were a lot of people who knew what it was like to take a bullet, and they saw it for what it was.”
Clinton goes on to say that he was “a little bit” surprised that what the interviewer described as “anti-gay conservatives” hated him so much.
“They see me as an apostate because I’m a Southern white male Protestant and Southern white male Protestants have been the backbone of their power … maybe they just don’t like me.”
As for gay issues, the president waxes fluently on gay-rights issues, but dodges blame for the failure of his administration to sign any gay-rights legislation into law during the last eight years.
The interview appears in the Nov. 7 issue of The Advocate. The issue currently on newsstands features an interview with first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton, who says she supports gay marriage and urges the Boy Scouts to change their policy and admit homosexuals.
http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/DailyNews/clinton_gays001019.html

KC Jones
10-19-2000, 04:17 PM
May not be a joke but it is pretty funny considering who said it....

Scorpdork
10-19-2000, 04:23 PM
I didn't vote for him or her ! I can't stand him or her,and don't understand why people voted for him in the 1st place. BOB DOLE 96

Spott
10-19-2000, 04:24 PM
The man clearly needs psycological help. Even now he can't bring himself to admit his part. He continues to point fingers and say it's everyone else's fault.

This delusion is truely sad and pathetic.

BTW: He was not impeached for sex. It was perjury, obstruction of justice and abuse of office.

Spott
10-19-2000, 04:25 PM
The man clearly needs psycological help. Even now he can't bring himself to admit his part. He continues to point fingers and say it's everyone else's fault.

This delusion is truely sad and pathetic.

BTW: He was not impeached for sex. It was perjury, obstruction of justice and abuse of office.

G_Man
10-19-2000, 04:28 PM
Well, SOMEONE sure as h_ll identified with him...he was elected twice, and he'd win this year if he could serve 3 terms.

G_Man
10-19-2000, 04:29 PM
BTW, he'll be gone in 3 months...you can stop crying about him now.

kcred
10-19-2000, 04:42 PM
I can't believe there are so many ignorant Americans; it is scary! To think, millions upon millions of people in this country actually believe the outright LIES this administration spews forth... it makes me sad.

Clinton did NOT go through impeachment hearings due to the fact that he committed adultry. Though morally corrupt, this is not an impeachable offense. However, lying under oath (perjury) on multiple occasions IS an offense which justifies disbarrment & impeachment. the fact that this guy managed to wriggle out of this situation by manipulation & dishonesty sets a very ugly preccedent - if you have supreme power, you can get away with anything! this was NOT what our forefathers had in mind when they developed the terms, rights and limitations of the presidency of the United States.

G_Man
10-19-2000, 04:48 PM
If you believed the lies spewed forth by Reagan and Bush, then read my lips: You're as ignorant as the rest of us idiots.

Scorpdork
10-19-2000, 04:51 PM
Sounds like Clint(on) is a fan of this adminstration.Do we detect tender feelings Clint?

kcred
10-19-2000, 05:17 PM
Clint - to be fair, Reagan & Bush had their own little screwup: The Iran/Contra affair. However, they were NOT found guilty of lying under oath - as Billy-boy was.

Clinton's legacy: lies, adultry, deconstruction of military, increased deployment of said military, missuse of the same military, increased federal spending, breach of national security, and general degradation of the office of the Presidency.

Dear Lord, PLEASE do not allow the election of this man's successor: algore the liar!

sherry
10-19-2000, 05:20 PM
Here in NJ I know of only one person who actually voted for Clinton,my sister in law.I've been giving her hell 8 years.If nobody in NJ voted for him,there must be alot of morons in this country.

KCWolfman
10-19-2000, 06:40 PM
Drew, quit doing the "but look at Bush! Look at Reagan!"... You are 1) wrong, and 2)obfuscating the issue. When you can't defend Clinton's actions you try to smear others... Regular political tactic. Why don't you stop it and use your head?

Reagan never cheated on his wife. Ever! He got a divorce and remarried. That's what Clinton should have done. Divorced. Been honest about it. But he's not honest in his personal life and he's not honest in his professional life.

Reagan didn't lie under oath to any court. Reagan didn't hire PI's to smear opponents. He didn't wiretap them. He didn't send folks to intimidate them. He didn't need to. He believed in himself and his ability to lead.

Cut the crap Drew. Your opinions are valuable. Throwing smack is not.

I am of the opinion that Bill Clinton has some real deep psychological problems. I think, based upon the major media sources and articles like this one, that Bill is a pathological liar who can't help himself. But that's my opinion based upon reams of published "major" media news.

Imagine, he's the first black/gay President!!

[This message has been edited by TheFly (edited 10-19-2000).]

G_Man
10-19-2000, 06:54 PM
I didn't realize there were so many female Chief fans!! He'll be gone in 3 months...are you all going to be OK?

KCWolfman
10-19-2000, 07:21 PM
Well, I don't know about female BB members, but I don't care about his personal life as long as he doesn't get it published in the press. But then, I will make value judgments if it is verified and true.<BR>

chief18
10-19-2000, 08:16 PM
I wouldn't care about his personal life either....except his taste in women, for the most part, is God awful. Fat and / or oogly.

If there was any one man that WJC tried to emulate, its JFK......looking at Monica and the rest, JFK's got to be just shaking his head.

As an after thought, by feeling empathy with blacks and gays does that mean that Clinton feels sex-fiends with poor taste are an oppressed minority as well.