PDA

View Full Version : I finally got the guts!

Garcia Bronco
10-19-2000, 09:54 PM
After a loss to the Raiders (BTW the game was not shown where I live)it took me a while to get the guts to return to chiefsplanet.com 'cause I didn't want to envelope myself in all the agony. I was really torn up about this loss.
but I must ask this question of my fellow fans as we grow closer to a game against the most potent offense the NFL has seen in many years.

Are the 2000 Kansas City Chiefs just a mediocre , run o' the mill, "good enough to lose", rebuilding football team?

we lost to ... we beat
Raiders ... Broncos
Colts ... Chargers
Titans ... Seahawks

------------------
C.R. Pants
(That Damn Liberal)

[This message has been edited by chief_red_pants (edited 10-19-2000).]

ColoradoChief
10-19-2000, 10:00 PM
I think we are a good team, we may have lost to those teams but we have kept it close. We have spent a lot of time protecting our rookies, maybe to protect them from our fans who can't help to boo and yell for people to be benched for one missed play.

Luckily it sounds like we are done protecting them and we are going to let them play our game on D now.

I feel we can beat almost any team, which is a pretty good feeling going into any game.

Garcia Bronco
10-19-2000, 10:08 PM
I so damn mad...the raiders/Chiefs game wasn't televised in my town. And because those cripple a$$ed Cowboys have a noon game, I won't see Chiefs/Rams either

%@#$!%@#!*&@% http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

------------------
C.R. Pants
(That Damn Liberal)

ColoradoChief
10-19-2000, 10:11 PM
That is pathetic, I feel for you.

Chief Henry
10-20-2000, 12:02 AM
How about am average team that is rebuilding?

Chief Henry
10-20-2000, 12:05 AM
You have to ask yourself who have the Chiefs really beaten? We lost to every good team that we have played and even managed to lose two at homw already. We have only beaten one average team (Donx) and two poor teams. We are no better or no worse than special about the Chiefs, except maybe their red pants and maybe our LOYALITY to our favorite team!

flowergirl
10-20-2000, 12:15 AM
We remind me of the Raiders last year. Almost there but unable to get over the hump. We've got to do all the little things to win ballgames. If we do the little things we could be sitting at 5-1 right now. But 9 dropped passes week 1, missed FG and missed 3rd down pass week 2, missed FG and alleged fumble week 5.

Plus we're doing all of this with horrible coaching. Just think where we would be with a good coaching staff. And a running back.

The good news is our young guys are playing this year so they will be ready in the near future. The bad news is this may be the last year for guys like Shields, Grunhard and Hasty.

We've been on the verge, but we've got to get over the hill. Hopefully we'll keep pushing and the wheels don't come off with this staff...

ddpatterson
10-20-2000, 12:24 AM
I was ticked off because the TV Guide for my area showed, on both paper and the internet, that I wouldn't have the Chiefs televised. THANKFULLY, the ABC affiliate came through in the clutch! I had to scramble for a blank tape. I get the Rams game this week too! This will be only the fourth game I've been able to watch (1-2 so far, when I've viewed on TV this year).

Anyway, I think this team is good, but not among the elite -- yet. We are building every week, and every week it seems Gunther learns a little lesson (obviously ones that should have been learned a long time ago, but...). We're playing young guys, passing the football, and now it looks like we're scrapping RBbC and playing more aggressive. We are a fairly young team and we'll improve steadily as the season progresses. Whether we'll win enough game during this "transition" season to make the playoffs remains to be seen. I like the progression we're making.

[This message has been edited by G_Man (edited 10-20-2000).]

KCFan95
10-20-2000, 07:59 AM
G_man and Chief_red_pants.
Being from Idaho, all they have on tv is the seachickens or donkeys. So I have one word for you that changed my life:

Directv.

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
GO CHIEFS!!!!

Warrior5
10-20-2000, 08:26 AM
Tough question, granted we beat two teams, we should have, won a game maybe we should not have (in Denver) and were competitive in the other 3. The infusion of young players may have indicated a direction Gun and crew wanted to go, to have an excuse for a poor season, however, it has proved to be a good direction. I did not think the Chiefs would be very good this year, but have seen a lot of hope generated with this younger team. The coaching staff seems as clueless as ever, Gunther has always been reactive, not proactive, from his first game last year in Chicago, to last Sunday against the Raiders. I like his decision with the youth, however I do not believe he will be around to see the fruition of this team.

Mosbonian
10-20-2000, 08:40 AM
ID Chief........I hear you on post #8. I'm in Montana and living through all those Donk feeds WAS pure hell. Direct TV is worth EVERY dime!!

Scorpdork
10-20-2000, 10:37 AM
chief_red_pants

I don't know where you live ? I live in Ky and had the same problem,I didn't want to pay for the football package to get all the games! How ever if you have DISH NETWORK sat. you can get the KC tv stations for 5.00 a month! WOW I thought ,have a piece of home/500 mile away! All CHIEFS games too!If you don't have it,get it...IT'S WORTH THE $$$$$$$$ Good Luck!!!!!

Spott
10-20-2000, 11:43 AM
I view us as a good team that is undergoing the rookie learning curve.

Of our losses; Raiders, Titans, and Colts, the only team that beat us was the Colts. The Colts are an excellent team so I don't view that as a shame. The reason we lost to Oakland and Tenn was because our coaching staff didn't allow us to win. In effect we beat us.

We have the onfield talent to be good this year. With experience this same talent could be great in coming years. The governer on this engine is the coaching staff.

Garcia Bronco
10-20-2000, 01:10 PM
ROYC75,

I live in Texas. Do you pay for Dish Network by the month?

Scorpdork
10-20-2000, 01:21 PM
chief red pants

Yes,I bought the Dish plan,$35.98 for top 100 channels,then $5.95 for the KC channels !

This beats all the football pakages you can find! The people in KC can't do this,to my understanding,but if you live 100 mile away or in a bad reception area around KC you can get it!

I love it,I'm asured of every game the Chiefs play,providing they continue to sell out!

You have to purchase the Dish 500 system!

[This message has been edited by ROYC75 (edited 10-20-2000).]

bkkcoh
10-20-2000, 01:36 PM
For comparison sake, what does DirectTV cost?
Anybody know?

I reside in DooDah, and I've found there is at least(probably only) one perk to living here. We get EVERY Chiefs game broadcast locally!!

But, being the Fantasy Football Nutcase that I am, I want EVERY GAME EVERY WEEK. So seems to me, DirectTV plus NFL Ticket is the way to go for me. Have yet to bite the bullet and shell out the dough for it, though.

------------------
ct
[b]Give TRich the Ball!!!</B>

JOhn
10-20-2000, 01:50 PM
red_pants

Where in TX? Have you seen the Houston topic? If you're close or even kinda close, several of us will be watching the Rams game in Houston. We have somebody driving in from Texarkana & someone from Austin!

Mi_chief_fan
10-20-2000, 02:47 PM
Just a little FYI on DirecTV.
If you live outside a metropolitan area and cannot receive local channels, you are eligible to receive them off satelite.
I also believe that the Kansas City area is scheduled to begin receiveing local channels from DirecTV in the next couple months.
Not saying one system is better than the other, unless you want Sunday Ticket.
Sunday Ticket cost about $170. Worth every penney.

Scorpdork
10-20-2000, 03:06 PM
No offense here but you can keep your NFL Tickett,$170.00 to my $71.76 per year! I don't get to watch that many games other than the CHIEFS, the others on Natl TV.

I f anybody is like me and basicly just need to watch Chiefs and KC other sports teams, Dish 500 system,with KC channels!

YES,you get to pay it monthly instead of up front like the others!

[This message has been edited by ROYC75 (edited 10-20-2000).]

Mi_chief_fan
10-20-2000, 03:18 PM
ROYC75,
Pay what up front?

KC Hawke
10-20-2000, 04:24 PM
KPhobia,

I live in Burkburnett, which is 384 miles northwest of H-Town. I appreciate the invite, but it would be hard to convince my wife that I need to go to Houston to party w/ some Chiefs fans. At 485 Miles, we might as well drive to Arrowhead http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Scorpdork
10-20-2000, 04:33 PM
Pay your NFL Ticket up front ! That's the way I was advised when iI checked into it!If it not that way,I stand to be corrected!