PDA

View Full Version : Re: overseas absentees

Kurt Surber
11-14-2000, 08:43 AM
Does anyone know if the absentee ballots are being factored-in on an as-received basis or will be 'presented' en masse on Friday? Seems like the vast majority of them should already be in by now and I thought I remembered some article on the re-counts mentioning a re-count of the absentees [not sure if overseas or not]. However the talking-heads discussions mention them like an end-of-week revelation.

ColoradoChief
11-14-2000, 08:51 AM
I heard from someone sitting around me that Bush has picked up another 100 vote lead from these ballots, but have not found a "real" source with that info.

Gaz
11-14-2000, 09:01 AM
The reports I listened to yesterday on CNN hinted that the overseas ballots would not be counted until Friday.

You would think someone in the media would find this out and make it clear to the rest of us.

ColoradoChief
11-14-2000, 09:15 AM
Lyon - You would think, but it is the media and they are no longer as much about the news as they are about making huge issues out of anything they can find and then trying to have face to face interviews with all parties at once to see how they "feel".

Gaz
11-14-2000, 02:16 PM
This is the closest thing I can find that explains the oversea's absentee issue. It sounds like some counties have reflected totals and some don't.....
http://www.usatoday.com/news/vote2000/absentee.htm

[This message has been edited by mlyonsd (edited 11-14-2000).]