PDA

View Full Version : why not let richardson be the starting hb?

Tribal Warfare
08-25-2000, 01:56 PM
Tony showed us some speed and cut back ability last year and he fits guns mold for a big back. is he needed more in the full back postion at this point? any thoughts?

DoktorSmith
08-25-2000, 02:01 PM
The problem as I see it is then we wouldn't have a blocking FB except Moreau...Bennett and Anders have made the transistion to HB and are smaller and slower than TRich...so that wouldn't work...at least we'll get to see TRich as the lone back in some formations...he is too valuable as a blocker to move him to HB...IMO... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/cool.gif

------------------
joe
"I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather...Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car." (j. handy)

Fat Homer
08-25-2000, 02:03 PM
I really don't care what TRich's 'designated' position is... as long as we give him plenty of touches! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Snapper
08-25-2000, 02:05 PM
Just watch the first Game vs Indy. T-Rich will get 20 chances to proove he is our main back. I think that Gun knows we can run the ball. He just wants the WRs to get work running routes.

Hoover
Well I hope

DoktorSmith
08-25-2000, 02:09 PM
HC, I agree, if Gun will use more one back formations then TRich should be the one back...I'd like to see him carry the ball about 20 times a game, more if Cloud/Anders or whoever aren't doing the job and maybe 7-10 receptions...I'd be happy with that...

------------------
joe
"Sex on television can't hurt you... unless you fall off."

Fat Homer
08-25-2000, 02:10 PM
You know, for once I am not too upset with the idea of RBBC -- but only if the committee is comprised of 4 backs TOTAL. TRich & Cloud are primary FB & TB respectively, Bennett and Anders spell them when necessary.

Dr. Red
08-25-2000, 03:00 PM
I'm with HardCore on this one. Call TRich what you want, just get him the damn ball.

sd4chiefs
08-25-2000, 03:06 PM
I think you answered your own question. It's impossible for Richardson to blow up a linebacker and open up a hole for the ball carrier if Richardson's the ball carrier! Regardless, we need to get the ball into Richardson's hands. I think 10 carries a game would be great. Perhaps, Bennett could play FB on some of the plays. That would really be a BIG backfield.

FYI: Despite his size Moreau is a HB and not a FB.

------------------
AZChief

Remember Kansas City's hero, Joe Delaney #37.

Dr. Red
08-25-2000, 03:07 PM
Tony's valuable as both a blocker and runner. I think he can effectively do both during the course of the game. IMO, TRich should get a min. 10 touches a ball game either thru the air or running. The rest should be made up of Cloud and gang.<P>